Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 22, 2021 4:22 AM

Nov 2010
uncleqrow said:
Did the lyrics changed with the different version of the EDs? This one's deffinitely is different than the Sarasa X Ai's one.

PPS: YES! They did change! Just noticed it when rewatching the other versions of the ED.
As you pointed out, the lyrics are different. Although I thought they were different verses, it seems they also gave the songs different titles.
Although the upcoming EP includes "Bara to Watashi", it's not solo version but sung by Kaworu & Chika & Chiaki.
Incidentally, "Bara to Watashi" means "Rose and me" and the lyrics reminds me of "Lady Oscar". Also the VA of Kaworu is singing the song with male role voicing. If I were to venture an opinion, they should not have omitted the scat part between 0:32 and 0:38. (I love the scat part.)
Aug 22, 2021 6:29 AM

Oct 2016
What a fantastic episode! Did not really care for Kaoru all that much before, but after this episode, oh boy, she's definitely one of my favorite characters in the show now. Knowing her motivations and backstory really adds a lot. It also explains why she is the way that she is.

And in a single episode, they also showed us this beautiful love story and executed it really well. A bittersweet conclusion for now for their relationship, but it's not the end. Maybe blocking Tsuji is a bit much, but I get it, I understand Kaoru. She wants to focus on her goals first and prove herself to Tsuji and everyone that doubts and put unnecessary expectations on her, and maybe once she and Tsuji achieves their dreams, maybe then they can commit themselves to each other. It was really cute and sweet though when she hogged the tv when she saw Tsuji.

I really love Kaoru's solo ED as well, it solidifies her drive and how serious she is to become the top otokoyaku and walk down the silver bridge. I hope she succeeds, I hope all of them succeeds. Really looking forward to the next episode! Judging from the title I guess it's gonna focus on the twins this time?
Aug 22, 2021 7:43 AM

Aug 2020
Fantastic episode, that's all I can say. Every girl in this show are shaping up to be a multi-dimensional character.
Aug 22, 2021 8:34 AM
May 2019
I almost cried when she started running while singing ;;w;; What a sweet episode..

But damn only 5 episodes left? Idk what pacing they want to do with this.. or whether there will be a second season or not... (I hope there will be, like how Natsume Yuujinchou or Chihayafuru are)
Aug 22, 2021 10:55 AM
May 2021
This anime keeps going strong... Great episode. Fun to see Naracchi in the beginning opening up a bit; character development! And then of course Kaoru's story... Sure it was stupid she blocked him, but I'm sure they'll get together later.

I do wonder indeed about the pacing... I'm assuming they're not gonna close the story off in this season, though I doubt this will get a 2nd season. Criminally underrated.
Aug 22, 2021 10:58 AM
Level 6 esper

May 2021
This anime show is so well written, it is amazing! I hope there will be a second season.
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Aug 22, 2021 12:14 PM

Jun 2019
Rebounded from one of my least favorite episodes to one of my favorites so far. How is a romance introduced and concluded in a single episode better than any other romance this season? It’s a bit cliché, but it was executed pretty well and was very important for Kaoru’s backstory.
Aug 22, 2021 1:06 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Man, that was touching! Didn't really care much for Kaoru before this episode, but this will definitely leave a mark on her character in my mind from now on.

I like how the bus stop got so much attention, it was beautiful honestly, especially that last mysterious note.

Finally caught up to the series now and can't wait to see what's next!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Aug 22, 2021 3:14 PM

Feb 2020
pretty solid backstory episode. although tbh the amount of backstory episodes is making me wonder where this anime is even going.
Aug 22, 2021 7:16 PM

Oct 2020
Man, this episode was amazing. Binged the whole 8 episodes in a day and I'm so glad I picked up this show. Hope we can see them together in the future (probably won't happen but who knows).

Aug 22, 2021 7:48 PM

Nov 2016
Disappointment. This anime don't stop with putting those horrible boys in this story that should be only for the girls seriously what horror 😡👎👎👎
Aug 22, 2021 8:22 PM
May 2016
Great episode but took off one point for her chopping her hair off, long hair getting cut is always a tragedy. :(
Aug 23, 2021 2:59 AM

Nov 2012
Man, that was amazing! Beautiful and bitter, its like that one shot with a happy end

My Candies:

Aug 23, 2021 3:22 AM
May 2021
Absolutely surprised how severely underrated this anime is. I Can't find any people to talk about this anime especially how beautiful this episode is. This episode is a movie in itself. Thoroughly well-written, and doesn't deserve only having 13 episodes.
Aug 23, 2021 4:05 AM

May 2020
I love how the author can make any character interesting in just one episode, Kaoru was annoying at the start but I really like her character now, and they even made this guy interesting so i hope we see him later.
Aug 23, 2021 7:15 AM

Apr 2017
What a lovely episode. Good pacing and illustration of Kaoru's struggles, and I loved the use of saxophone in the background music. It's refreshing to see a girl and a guy interact without melodramatic confessions of love! I hope they get to meet again in the future.

Overall, characterization done right within a limited time, proving that you don't need 3 seasons to do it if you know what you're doing.
Aug 23, 2021 8:13 AM

Jun 2016
i can tell this episode is really boring to watch
Aug 23, 2021 1:32 PM
Aug 23, 2021 9:55 PM

Oct 2008
now that's the romance i kinda like! bittersweet and meant for each other!
5/5!

Aug 24, 2021 3:03 AM

Jul 2008
I think this was probably one of the strongest single episodes of any show airing this season and definitely a standout for this series. Making you feel emotionally invested in supporting character in one episode (let alone a supporting character for a supporting character!!) is not an easy feat, but they nailed it. Absolutely fantastic.

My only concern now is for the overall pacing of the series. I don't see any way for them to reach a solid resolution within the number of episodes left. If this doesn't get a second season, I'll be pretty shocked. It doesn't look like the studio has announced any set in stone future projects yet, and this story definitely has the potential to be a long one if they decide to go for it (and they definitely should).
Aug 24, 2021 2:15 PM
Apr 2019
episode of the season for me, such a top notch production and adorable characters. I already have four characters from this series in my favourite characters list (Sarasa, Narata, stalker-kun and Kaoru now) . I love how much Kaoru wants to prove herself, she didn't buy into anyone's pity , she's not deceiving herself. Pretty strong character and certainly she's my core character.

btw did you see the baseball falling scene when he hit a homerun ? It looked so bad compared to rest of the episode that I ended up replaying it quite a few times and ultimately ended up liking it more haha
Aug 24, 2021 4:53 PM

Jul 2013
Best episode so far, so good!
Aug 24, 2021 8:05 PM
Jul 2018
At this point, I'm just annoyed at how basic this show become.

Devoid of context, great little episode.
Aug 25, 2021 10:24 PM

Jul 2016
Well, Kaoru is dramatic enough to be in theater. There is no doubt about that. I mean, both grandma and baseball boy were just worried about your well-being, girl.

Anyways, another excellent episode. This show's handling of storytelling is simply fantastic and I also gotta say I absolutely loved how they portrayed Kaoru and Tsuji's developing relationship. Seeing them going from being strangers to confidants to something more with each new interaction felt truly natural and sincere.

So, drama with the twins next episode?
Sep 2, 2021 3:48 PM

Oct 2015
man this show is doing everything right. 5/5 episode.
Sep 4, 2021 12:47 PM
Nov 2018
loved kaoru's backstory, and that scene at the end with tsuji putting the note in the bus stop, i love that cheesy stuff haha
Sep 4, 2021 4:55 PM

Apr 2018
welp that was a heartbreaking love story between two people who always got compared to their famous relatives. Tsuji ends up playing baseball in the and and leaves a note in the bus stop. that was just wholesome
the haircut was just meh

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Sep 7, 2021 3:43 AM
Oct 2019
I mean... She can still tell him she loves him... Letting things like this annoyed me a little bit
Sep 9, 2021 1:56 AM
Nov 2014
My favourite episode so far. Two words: "Kaoru's determination".
Sep 9, 2021 2:03 AM
Nov 2014
TruongfromVN said:
I mean... She can still tell him she loves him... Letting things like this annoyed me a little bit

It's a common mistake people make, even though it comes from good intentions. "I'll confess when I'm ready. I'll confess when I'm worth it. I'll confess..." and then two years later he's not in love anymore and/or has found someone, cause stuff happens.

I agree on the annoying part. I mean, in "Kareshi to Kanojo", the couple is formed in ep2/3. In "Rakudai Kishi", the couple is formed in ep 3. In "Koi wa ameagari", the girl confesses in ep 2 and re confesses in ep 3.

One interesting case is "Just because!". At one point, one of the protagonists tells the other protag "let's play baseball, and if I hit a homerun, I'll go confess!". Hits that homerun, goes to confess. Furthermore, he overcomes his phobia of dogs, learns to be more confident around kids and doesn't give up on the relationship when the girl (who loves him back) tells him it can't work cause she'll be studying very far. They settle on the compromise that they'll truly start dating once she's settled in her new city where her college is located.
Sep 10, 2021 11:00 PM

Jan 2020
I'm not crying, I'm not crying, I'm not crying.

It sucks how sometimes we easily compare people to others more successful than them, or get compared ourselves, and that happens without ever considering anyone's feelings, even if it stems from a good intention. This episode portrayed that really well.

I wish that ship had sailed. Hopefully in the future, they both deserve each other.

This anime doesn't get enough credit.
I sometimes forget to finish my sentences.
Sep 11, 2021 7:32 AM

Nov 2016
First anime this season that made me tear up. I loved the Kaoru character development, her supportive relationship with Tsuji, how similar both were yet also different was nice to see.

Tsuji messed a up when he projected, Kaoru reacted extreme in turn after being on the edge for so long, shit happened. No happy ending in terms of romance, but they didn’t stop caring for each other, which was what defined their relationship in the first place. Feels hit me brutally at the end.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 15, 2021 12:43 AM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
Wasn't expecting it, but what a sweet episode. ;_; Very nice ED change for Hoshino's version.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Sep 18, 2021 1:04 PM

Mar 2008
That was a heck of a good episode.
Sep 18, 2021 7:59 PM

Aug 2021
Kageki Shoujo!!! is this season's anime that you should be watching. And yes, hopefully it will have a second season very soon.
Sep 24, 2021 3:35 PM

Nov 2013
this episode was awesome, but i wish she didn't block him like that
sure, stop contacting him everyday like before, but at least talk once in a while lol

other than that, would be nice if they showed that moment later, with him in the front line assisting her show
fav "new" girls from spring <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Sep 26, 2021 4:13 AM

Jul 2015
Felt good seeing Tsuji refuse to be his brothers delivery guy especially after those girls badmouthed him literally right next to him. I hope Kaoru and Tsuji reunite in the future as they just seem to be a perfect pair with both of them not giving up on their dream

Oct 9, 2021 9:49 PM

Jun 2013
If the dude wouldn't have done a home run, she would just forget him. Their relation broken easily for a misunderstanding. While Tsuji was bit loser, Kaoru was extremely selfish, it was a superficial relationship, only what mattered was that they had something in common but their reasons for keeping on were different.

For me this episode was very annoying, at least the end, everything was great but damn, the ending... I hate her now. I never was like this for an anime.
May 10, 2022 8:04 AM

Apr 2016
Now we are back to a well done melodrama; she looks cool in the ending.
Sep 14, 2023 4:20 AM

Dec 2022
The singing while running is so funny to me for some reason lmao
Feb 10, 12:22 AM

Apr 2023
In fact, the baseball boy was lucky not to get into a relationship with her. That Kaoru is a pain in the ass.
I hope that when she invites him to watch her play, he takes his wife too.😂
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kageki Shoujo!! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2021

103 by moonnix »»
May 13, 1:04 AM

Poll: » Kageki Shoujo!! Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2021

43 by Tobimaroo »»
Apr 11, 12:05 AM

Poll: » Kageki Shoujo!! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 3, 2021

112 by Tobimaroo »»
Apr 10, 1:43 AM

Poll: » Kageki Shoujo!! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2021

148 by Tobimaroo »»
Apr 10, 1:41 AM

Poll: » Kageki Shoujo!! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2021

59 by damoInstinct »»
Oct 22, 2023 7:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.