Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Aug 12, 2021 4:29 PM
Jun 2020
I never understood why they never adapted the full story of elfen lied considering the high popularity it had at the time. I mean it was one of the biggest anime in the early 2000s. We see remakes of shows alot and it got me thinking maybe this one should get one to i think i would like to see the manga be fully adapted in the anime. I think also modernizing the art style would also allow for the gore in the anime to be pushed even more.
Aug 12, 2021 4:38 PM

Sep 2017
i would love to see a remake of elfin lied, i never read the manga but from what your saying they didnt adapt the whole story i would like to see the whole thing. even though i love the old artstyle for it, it would also be cool to see it modernized

Aug 12, 2021 4:41 PM

Aug 2013
I think it's good to keep some things immortalized as old classics, especially if they're already popular/famous.

It would pain me to see a samurai champloo or cowboy Bebop remake. Same goes for others I haven't seen like Ghost in the Shell or Trigun.

Leave them as is in my opinion, but it's just an opinion.
Aug 12, 2021 4:44 PM
Jun 2020
Finku_ said:
I think it's good to keep some things immortalized as old classics, especially if they're already popular/famous.

It would pain me to see a samurai champloo or cowboy Bebop remake. Same goes for others I haven't seen like Ghost in the Shell or Trigun.

ghost in a shell, champloo, bebop were all anime originals. Trigun completed its whole manga. Elfen lied wasnt a fully adapted show
Aug 12, 2021 4:46 PM

Aug 2013
soccer6131 said:
Finku_ said:

ghost in a shell, champloo, bebop were all anime originals. Trigun completed its whole manga. Elfen lied wasnt a fully adapted show

Didn't even realize! That's a solid reason to want a remake, I respect it.
Aug 12, 2021 4:48 PM
Jun 2020
Finku_ said:
soccer6131 said:

Didn't even realize! That's a solid reason to want a remake, I respect it.

yeah they change the ending a lot i woul like to see an adaptation the resembles the manga more
Aug 12, 2021 4:58 PM

Sep 2020
soccer6131 said:
Finku_ said:

I kind of agree with this, like even though I would love to get more closure in an adaptation, I also want to keep elfen lied as a classic, somewhat old anime

Aug 12, 2021 5:25 PM
Oct 2019
It could use a remake. Better animation and maybe a bit less weird, but it was still really good so it doesn’t need one
Sawyer Gowen
Aug 12, 2021 5:27 PM
Oct 2019
Finku_ said:

honestly bebop still has better animation than some modern anime! It definitely shouldn’t get a remake
Sawyer Gowen
Aug 12, 2021 5:33 PM

Apr 2019
Best not. The way the industry sucks these days, they were going to make Elfen Lied with the most generic design possible.
Aug 12, 2021 6:04 PM
Amateur Reviewer
Jul 2016
soccer6131 said:
I never understood why they never adapted the full story of elfen lied considering the high popularity it had at the time. I mean it was one of the biggest anime in the early 2000s. We see remakes of shows alot and it got me thinking maybe this one should get one to i think i would like to see the manga be fully adapted in the anime. I think also modernizing the art style would also allow for the gore in the anime to be pushed even more.
girltokyo said:
i would love to see a remake of elfin lied, i never read the manga but from what your saying they didnt adapt the whole story i would like to see the whole thing. even though i love the old artstyle for it, it would also be cool to see it modernized

Well for one the director and Co fundamentally changed story beats and elements in order to afford the show a sense of closure, the anime would need fairly major rectoning for a sequel to work.

In relation to a remake you face two main issues, 1. For say western backers like Netflix, Elfien Lied's popularity has greatly declined over the years as people realised that as they grew older they're emotional connection to it weakened and the story's objective insanity and blanent use of serious real world forms of rape, abuse and incest for simply fetish bait, became more apparent, leading to a fairly split fan base at best in the west.

Eastwards the anime was never that popular, like it did fine an all but it had little staying power. The YouTuber 'Hazel' did a really in-depth analysis of all this if your interested.

In conclusion a sequel makes no sense as the anime does sort of end and why remake it when A. It's production qualities are it's strengths as is and B. The market simply isn't there in enough force.

Hope that helps😎👍.
Aug 12, 2021 8:46 PM
Aug 2014
Elfen Lied tops my list of anime deserving of the brotherhood treatment. The original anime doesn’t hold up in many ways, bad voice acting and animation and an anime original ending. It definitely deserves a remake acting as the definitive version. It is becoming more and more common for old series to be resurrected so keep those finger crossed!
Aug 13, 2021 4:25 AM
Nov 2020
Finku_ said:

i think ghost in the shell has a newer adaptation. I'm watching bebop right now after having out it off for so long. And it's beautifully crafted. I don't think it would be the same were it modernized. The attention to detail is phenomenal imo.
She felt like Heaven, but I'm sure she was in Hell.
Aug 13, 2021 4:38 AM
Nov 2020
I really like the animation in the old anime, so it would be nice if they at least continued the story.. I read the manga too and if they keep that ending.. oh boy, I'd cry again :,)
Aug 13, 2021 2:40 PM
Nov 2020
While I would love to see Elfen Lied re-made, there isn't exactly a reason to do so, other than to fix the dialogue and chemistry (because let's be real, it was pretty bad). But even then, what's the point other than to get a cash grab? A remake would be lazy at this point.
The animation was fine back then, so there's not a whole lot of incentive to clean it up. There doesn't need to be any added action/gore sequences, and if they re-made it, it'd probably run the risk of it getting censored.
CourtsCornerAug 13, 2021 2:43 PM
Aug 13, 2021 2:51 PM
Jun 2020
CourtsCorner said:
While I would love to see Elfen Lied re-made, there isn't exactly a reason to do so, other than to fix the dialogue and chemistry (because let's be real, it was pretty bad). But even then, what's the point other than to get a cash grab? A remake would be lazy at this point.
The animation was fine back then, so there's not a whole lot of incentive to clean it up. There doesn't need to be any added action/gore sequences, and if they re-made it, it'd probably run the risk of it getting censored.

the manga wasnt fully adapted there we arcs missing in the anime thats why i want it remade
Aug 14, 2021 9:21 AM

Oct 2020
I agree...this was on of my first ever anime i saw (and the first mature one). Even to this day i still belive the show has potential. Ahane they didn't finish the story

More topics from this board

Poll: » Elfen Lied Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

then - Dec 4, 2007

112 by waleedmel »»
May 19, 10:02 PM

Poll: » Elfen Lied Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Sandgolem - Aug 26, 2007

177 by waleedmel »»
May 19, 8:54 AM

Poll: » Elfen Lied Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

then - Dec 4, 2007

430 by KeepCalmAndMal »»
May 10, 7:04 PM

» How is this still rated 7.5?

Dirittoprocedura - Apr 29

25 by Phloup »»
Apr 29, 2:28 PM

Poll: » Elfen Lied Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Chelle - Aug 21, 2007

199 by vikivill »»
Apr 1, 1:49 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.