Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jan 20, 2022 7:15 PM

Jul 2011
All 5* Servants looking Fujimaru summoning 3* star servants. I suppose they facepalmed.

The thing I would say disappointed me was First Hassan not appearing out of nowhere doing some over the top thing and peacing out.

Was a good movie
Jan 20, 2022 10:10 PM

Feb 2014
Fate/Grand Order Endgame. The first of generations has come to an end. Romani revelation was the "And I AM IRON MAN" moment. He went out like a chad. I though we would get one of the heroes ending Goetia first form but Fujimaru just solo'ed him to eternity.

With this I hope we get EOR or Lostbelts soon in the near future.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Jan 20, 2022 11:07 PM

Jul 2012
@Nilvius

Thanks for explaining, so it mostly comes to playing the game. Mb i missed it but didn't see the warning, but don't really care that much.

Nilvius said:

allenjke said:
Just really reminded me about Apocrypha when Sieg first accepted Siegfried's heart (i think i remember it correctly) so he powered up, then he powered up again for some reason, and then again being some random homunculus.
Those were explained as well actually, like Sieg getting boosted by Fran's Galvanism.

Don't remember much, but i think it was this fact that made Apocrypha much less enjoyable. It was like Sieg barely could handle Siegried's heart. Even if it was achievable/believable it just looked like some big asspull, same as this time, Fujimaru getting angry and channeling whatever power he wants. Again mb the game shows it differently, just not a fan when some random stuff is shoved into your face as long as it looks cool ...
Jan 20, 2022 11:41 PM

Apr 2009
allenjke said:
Don't remember much, but i think it was this fact that made Apocrypha much less enjoyable. It was like Sieg barely could handle Siegried's heart. Even if it was achievable/believable it just looked like some big asspull, same as this time, Fujimaru getting angry and channeling whatever power he wants. Again mb the game shows it differently, just not a fan when some random stuff is shoved into your face as long as it looks cool ...

That's the thing with fantasy series with lots of magic/tech babble. In text form, you can have descriptions of skills or what not, but when you translate to visual medium, you either have to cut those out or end with To aru Majutsu situation where Touma is giving big speeches in the middle of a fast paced action or awkward narration/internal monologue provided those details which kills the pacing of the series.
In the case of Apoc, Sieg got the Galvanism skill from Fran when she sacrificed herself.

allenjke said:
Fujimaru getting angry and channeling whatever power he wants
But even the anime mentions and shows that he's only pulling those stuff thanks to the mystic code he's wearing. Without the mystic code, he'd already be dead.
NilviusJan 20, 2022 11:45 PM
Jan 21, 2022 12:20 AM

Jul 2012
Nilvius said:
allenjke said:

That's the thing with fantasy series with lots of magic/tech babble. In text form, you can have descriptions of skills or what not, but when you translate to visual medium, you either have to cut those out or end with To aru Majutsu situation where Touma is giving big speeches in the middle of a fast paced action or awkward narration/internal monologue provided those details which kills the pacing of the series.
In the case of Apoc, Sieg got the Galvanism skill from Fran when she sacrificed herself.

Yeah, i agree, but the even the recent Index novels have so much random stuff. The GT is so underwhelming (mb for me), don't have motivation to read the latest one. And it just happens basically everywhere, which people eat up like it should be that way. Sorry for offtopic.
I'm not a huge Fate fan, but watching the last 2 movies, the fights were so amazing and it didn't really feel there were some big asspules. And again there is like the system with CS, some machinations from Matou's, Kirei etc. But here, as you said the system is different. But it feels like there is no system. Time travel, heroes summoned whenever, wherever.
I mean i'm complaining - yes. Despite all that i still enjoyed what i watched. Just accept and watch i guess.

allenjke said:
Fujimaru getting angry and channeling whatever power he wants
But even the anime mentions and shows that he's only pulling those stuff thanks to the mystic code he's wearing. Without the mystic code, he'd already be dead.

Yeah i get the stuff about mystic code. So pretty much every chosen member could've done the same and more (Fujimaru wasn't the most prmising if not the least). And the suit was prepared for last Singularity with the thought all previous ones will be cleared. Again, feels like close your eyes and go with the flow.
Jan 21, 2022 12:24 AM

Apr 2009
allenjke said:
So pretty much every chosen member could've done the same and more (Fujimaru wasn't the most prmising if not the least).
Kind of, yes. The First Order OVA pretty much showed that the main character got involved by luck; the actual chosen members were incapacitated by the bombs Levnar planted. The main character happened to be only Rayshift compatible person left so he got saddled with the task.
Jan 21, 2022 2:15 AM

Mar 2018
Absolute garbage. This movie felt so rushed. The summoned servants felt like lifeless robots to me. The music didn't fit the visuals and the sound effects were the absolute worst. Rock breaking sounded like twigs breaking, for example. It had potential to be great. But, it's trash. A shameless money grab. 5/10.
Jan 21, 2022 7:17 AM
Jun 2020
I didn't see a single second of Jalter on screen, but I'll keep the sequence in which Ushi appears, it was sublime 😊.

I loved the movie in general, what a great movie, I hope they keep adapting with this level of animation lostbel.
Jan 21, 2022 7:43 AM
May 2021
Ded5 said:
The boss fight movie with no consequences.

But even FGO storyline aside, whoever directed this was either constrained to hell or just didn't know what they were doing. The first 30 minutes were wonderful, hyping things up, up until that well executed fight with Lev that showed off all of Cloverworks' strengths in animation and choreography. After that though? Holy shit it was awful. All the villains spew the same few lines, the power levels are all over the place, the plot holes that normally wouldnt appear in a novel show their ugly faces. I just couldn't take it seriously. Even as a huge fate fan, i gotta rate this a bit lower due to how awful the writing, voice acting and direction felt. Animation budget does not make a good movie.

I'm very confused by this take as someone who played the game. This adaptation was very faithful to the source material? "Power levels all over the place"? Would you care to elaborate on that? Plot holes? Would like that one elaborated as well.

also, how were they no consequences in this movie? Romani/Solomon essentially removed himself from the throne of heroes (meaning he can never be re-summoned) and Fou aka Beast Vl gave up his consciousness and all of his power to revive Mash. Not to mention the hit Chaldea's facilities took from this singularity..
Jan 21, 2022 10:42 AM
Jan 2016
SkyhighCFC said:
Yaggamy said:
This was really, really bad!!
I enjoyed Babylonia, but this is nowhere near the quality or depth it had.
The whole movie is about Fujimaru going to the first boss, the NPCs beat it up. Then he goes to the second boss and the NPCs also beat that up for him. Then he walks back...
The whole movie is on autopilot. It doesn't matter what he does.

It's not explained why Romani had his powers in the final fight when it's stated that he lost them when he became human from his wish. Also casually conversing with a gaping hole in his chest was terrible. People die when they are killed!
Also Goetia was so afraid of Ars Nova, but it didn't actually do anything to him in the end.
It's not explained why and how Mash got resurrected by Fou. Also resurrecting her shouldn't solve the problem of her limited lifespan.
Also where was Fou in the Goetia fight? It vanished after the horse ride.

Leonardo did nothing in this movie, except provide a buggy that got scrapped after a minute. She was a totally useless character!
It wasn't explained why the Servants could summon themselves. Also why didn't Goetia de-summon the second wave like he did with the first?
It wasn't explained why Mash's shield could withstand a planet destroying beam, but disappears when it lands in Goetia.

If Solomon's temple is outside of space-time, and the Incineration of Humanity hasn't happened yet, why is there no future past 2017? Chaldea is outside of space-time also but saving humanity has no effect until they accomplish it, but Goetia wiping out humanity has effect before it actually happens.

The animation was average, story non-existent. Most characters don't even have VAs it's so low budget.
Basically it's not the worst movie if you don't try to understand it. But I personally was expecting a LOT MORE after watching Heaven's Feel and Babylonia.

You have to understand this is a game adaptation. It pretty much adapted most of the important aspects of the singularity and stayed faithful to the source. Most of the stuff you're complaining about was either outright explained in the film (like why the servants could "summon themselves") or was explained in the game. For example, the reason the servants were able to be summoned was due to them responding to Fujimaru's will to save humanity. They used the "thin threads of fate that intertwined when they crossed paths" as Romani put it, to manifest themselves within the singularity.

Mash's NP can withstand pretty much anything so long as the user of the NP's will or "heart" as they put it doesn't falter. Of course, the user of said NP can still die to things like the heat generated by the blast, but the shield itself won't falter.

Da Vinci literally created the mystic code that gave Fujimaru the chance to even fight back in this singularity and took over Chaldea for Romani when he left. I think they did enough.

Romani's NP ars nova is what gave them the chance to fight back. It pretty much negated his magecraft, which is why he couldn't just forcefully make the servants disappear like he did the first time.

I could go on, but someone else already responded to you explaining some of the other things in the film.

No bro I think he totally understand it. But those small details need to be explain in the movie. Perhaps I should say they are not 'small' details either. They are HUGE plot needed for the story. For example it is totally better if they explain why many servants came to aid, otherwise ppl would think of it is as a plot armor. They didn't even show how fou revived mash. The built up feelings when mash sacrificed herself just disappear in vain with a total confuse lmao. Don't get me wrong, I was a fgo player as well (stop playing after lostbelt 2 lol), but the movie was very underwhelmed for me. I finished solomon singularity almost like 3 years ago and watched the movie with hope that it might help me remember the story again, but no lmao. The movie makes me even more confuse bcuz I've to google again what ars nova exactly do other than throwing rings lmao
Jan 21, 2022 11:45 AM

Aug 2017
That was probably the best movie adaptation that Fate has ever had, everything was top tier, expecially the fanservice, the soundtracks, the characters, the action, many of everything came from the game, that's the best thing that they could have done to a fan, they did great with every techinical aspect and it made me cry several times, Cloverworks is just build different.
Visual Novels should have a place in this site, really
Jan 21, 2022 11:57 AM

Aug 2017
I feel that a lot of people are complaining about not understanding the plot and etc, but i should remind them that the Solomon movie was made for the actual players, and that should had been clear since the release of Babylonia.
I mean, what would you expect? you skipped most of the story.
It's almost the same thing with the HF movies, but that's mostly Ufotable's problem with rushing the adaptation.
The Arc 1 of Fgo has 8 chapters before Solomon, we only got 3 of them, and Camelot isn't even a good adaptation to begin with, you guys should have known better and just played the game, or at least see the story on Reddit or Youtube
HachannnJan 21, 2022 3:18 PM
Jan 21, 2022 11:58 AM
Dec 2021
THE INTERNET IS RUNNING WILD LAST NIGHT, AND LAST NIGHT IS FYEAAAAA!
Jan 21, 2022 12:02 PM
Dec 2021
HAJOKESONU said:
disappointed fou moment didnt get a lil bit more time. like in this vid

https://youtu.be/kZnP7W0B9vA?t=334
HAJOKESONU said:

Yea, I don't know why, come on, Fou is too adorable like why
Jan 21, 2022 12:06 PM
Dec 2021
-Stray said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Holy hell this movie was about everything I wanted in a grand battle and then some! Jeanne's speech which I wont say cause that was so hype that I want all of you to hear from her and not on a text, Maaya Sakamoto is amazing! Jeanne is amazing! if you want a massive ass royal rumble battle then this really comes close to that, albeit Im not that familiar with Fate/Grand Order outside of its anime side cause I dont really want to play the game since I hear its a hell of a drug so my knowledge is limited on this series, but holy hell the people that followed this story from the start must have really felt 10x the hype, satisfaction and emotion that I had.
Amazing fight and speeches aside which this had a lot of coming from Jeanne, Mash, Solomon, Ritsuka and Romani, theres another scene that will hit you straight in the feels and will crush you like a roach, I really dont want to spoil so anyone interested in this show, be it you coming from the games or purely an anime only, go and watch this, totally worth every penny!
The Babylonia Servants! Apocrypha Servants, Old school Gilgamesh! (Though he's just talking to himself) Everything is FIRE!
Jan 21, 2022 12:07 PM

Aug 2017
[quote=Aure0lin message=65517982]
Yaggamy said:

It wasn't explained why the Servants could summon themselves. ?
narration said it was the power of friendship. i think it's really corny but it has an explanation.

Basically, servants can summon themselves if they are attached to one thing, a catalist, so for example, someone summoned itself in someplace at some chapter because that person had a item stored there, a item that was it's property and it was planted way before that.
In Solomon that thing is Ritsuka, because they knew him and created a bond with him, so they summoned themselves to support him
HachannnJan 21, 2022 12:14 PM
Jan 21, 2022 2:29 PM
May 2021
Antoinne said:
SkyhighCFC said:

You have to understand this is a game adaptation. It pretty much adapted most of the important aspects of the singularity and stayed faithful to the source. Most of the stuff you're complaining about was either outright explained in the film (like why the servants could "summon themselves") or was explained in the game. For example, the reason the servants were able to be summoned was due to them responding to Fujimaru's will to save humanity. They used the "thin threads of fate that intertwined when they crossed paths" as Romani put it, to manifest themselves within the singularity.

Mash's NP can withstand pretty much anything so long as the user of the NP's will or "heart" as they put it doesn't falter. Of course, the user of said NP can still die to things like the heat generated by the blast, but the shield itself won't falter.

Da Vinci literally created the mystic code that gave Fujimaru the chance to even fight back in this singularity and took over Chaldea for Romani when he left. I think they did enough.

Romani's NP ars nova is what gave them the chance to fight back. It pretty much negated his magecraft, which is why he couldn't just forcefully make the servants disappear like he did the first time.

I could go on, but someone else already responded to you explaining some of the other things in the film.

No bro I think he totally understand it. But those small details need to be explain in the movie. Perhaps I should say they are not 'small' details either. They are HUGE plot needed for the story. For example it is totally better if they explain why many servants came to aid, otherwise ppl would think of it is as a plot armor. They didn't even show how fou revived mash. The built up feelings when mash sacrificed herself just disappear in vain with a total confuse lmao. Don't get me wrong, I was a fgo player as well (stop playing after lostbelt 2 lol), but the movie was very underwhelmed for me. I finished solomon singularity almost like 3 years ago and watched the movie with hope that it might help me remember the story again, but no lmao. The movie makes me even more confuse bcuz I've to google again what ars nova exactly do other than throwing rings lmao

The fact you don't remember is kinda on you...but I guess I see your point? I do think that they should've explained certain things for the anime only viewers, like the whole thing about Lord Camelot being pretty much impenetrable so long as the user's will is strong enough.

But like I said, this adaptation was very faithful to the source material and did what it needed to do. Of course it can't please everyone, but the vast majority of the players were very happy with this adaptation
Jan 21, 2022 2:58 PM

Jul 2019
HAJOKESONU said:

probably saving that for another time, that's a quite big reveal.
Jan 21, 2022 3:02 PM

Jul 2019
the only thing that disappointed me was Romani's disappearance, didn't hit me that hard, i got almost teared up in the game.

overall, very good movie. probably the second good Fate movie adaptation ever made after Oath under Snow.
Jan 21, 2022 3:05 PM

Jul 2019
Gordoxr2 said:
I feel that a lot of people are complaining about not understanding the plot and etc, but i should remind them that the Solomon movie was made for the actual players, and that should had been clear since the release of Babylonia.
I mean, what would you expect? you skipped most of the story and you think that's ok? It's almost the same thing with the HF movies, but that's mostly Ufotable's horrible problem with rushing the adaptation.
The Arc 1 of Fgo has 8 chapters before Solomon, we only got 3 of them, and Camelot isn't even a good adaptation to begin with, you guys should have known better and just played the game, or at least see the story on Reddit or Youtube

yep, they literally asked FGO players which singularity they want as anime adaptation.
Jan 21, 2022 5:16 PM
Apr 2021
nabqz said:
HAJOKESONU said:

probably saving that for another time, that's a quite big reveal.

I guess. It just doesnt feel right especially when in the movie they literally just breeze past it.

Heres a quote of how epic this moment is to me and just a let down how they downplay fou's moment:

Jan 21, 2022 8:46 PM

Sep 2017
I loved every minute in this movie , 10/10!
The final battle with Goetia , Amazing. I like how the MC has so hopeless to fight him because he was alone. I was placing myself in his shoes which made my experience better when you do that. How will he defeat him? Bro moved like Dragon Ball fights when he did multi punches at Solomon. That was very cool. I already knew what was coming though since i played the games but i always wondered how summoning servants looked like. The way they portrayed in to see how it looks like , <AWESOME> .
That final final scene though , 1v1 i also wanted to see how it looked. I think i remembered in the game that you had to fight him with servants. But thats game logic. The real logic was Soloing him yourself . i will rewatched this again.
i wish the movie was a TV series like 20 ep or something. well not much happened so maybe like 10 episode.
Jan 21, 2022 10:40 PM
Nov 2020
It was as garbage as i expected it to be. Going to read the new mashu ntr that dropped last week to bleach my eyes.
"I can't trust a website where csm is rated higher than hxh"
- Akira Toriyama

Jan 22, 2022 3:54 AM
Jan 2017
Almost all of Fate animes are made for type moon fans, they aren't newcomers friendly at all
Jan 22, 2022 10:24 AM
Jan 2021
-Stray said:
Abstudios07 said:

All I wanna know is shiki in there? She was in game I remember that

Ryougi?
every Event Servant doesnt make an appearance in the movie expect Dante idk why but all he do was carrying my boi Fujimaru around. I guess they just cant put alot more servant in the movie.
Jan 22, 2022 1:51 PM

Apr 2009
Kurasaki_Kenji said:
expect Dante idk why but all he do was carrying my boi Fujimaru around.
Because Dantes and his event is part of the main overarching plot.
Jan 22, 2022 2:06 PM
Jan 2021
Nilvius said:
Kurasaki_Kenji said:
expect Dante idk why but all he do was carrying my boi Fujimaru around.
Because Dantes and his event is part of the main overarching plot.
ouh I see, sorry I never got a chances to play his event.. I might try buy his interlude in the shop anytime soon.
Jan 23, 2022 1:27 PM
Sep 2020
well this was quite disappointing and everyone praise cloverworks for there "perfect fate adaptation" yeah right, but overall this movie is like 4.5/10
Jan 24, 2022 4:23 AM
May 2021
jacksonmason said:
well this was quite disappointing and everyone praise cloverworks for there "perfect fate adaptation" yeah right, but overall this movie is like 4.5/10

^ Definitely someone who hasn't played the game.
Jan 25, 2022 9:25 AM

Aug 2011
10/10 the fanservice and sakuga was off the chart would fap again
Jan 29, 2022 6:37 PM

Jun 2016
Since I barely played fgo, movie made little sense lol.

Cameo's and some impressive scenes from a few servants was what I came for, so it delivered... but this movie definitely would have massively benefited from even 10 or 5 more mins of runtime.

Idk if there was that little servant interaction or dialogue in the game, but I would have liked to seen a few more em talk

only thing I disliked was how frequently this lev mofo generic villain laughed... oml that laugh
Jan 29, 2022 10:38 PM

Sep 2019
I am thoroughly pleased, got what I wanted, and the anime even added a few neat things. Now I'm wondering what's next for fate and hoping for a lostbelt or 2 to get adapted
Inorichi said:

Idk if there was that little servant interaction or dialogue in the game, but I would have liked to seen a few more em talk

only thing I disliked was how frequently this lev mofo generic villain laughed... oml that laugh

The servants had a ton of interaction in the game. In fact, so much I knew not to expect even 5% of it because it's WAY too much to cram in. All of Rome's emperors have a moment together, same with the pirates, Argonauts, Pharaohs, writers, Round Table, Avengers, ect. doing the same. It's a very long but fun segment

Funny thing is Lev is even more of a large ham, so if anything he was watered down. Same with the demons who did no talking at all but never shut up in-game lmao
Jan 30, 2022 5:24 AM
May 2021
Inorichi said:

Cameo's and some impressive scenes from a few servants was what I came for, so it delivered... but this movie definitely would have massively benefited from even 10 or 5 more mins of runtime.

Most of the servants talked in the game. The problem with trying to adapt that into a film is that:

1. It would slow down the pace of the film needlessly (most of them only said 1-2 throwaway lines) and
2. Hiring 60 + voice actors just for 90% to say just a few lines doesn't make sense from a business POV
Jan 30, 2022 12:31 PM

Jun 2016
SkyhighCFC said:
Inorichi said:

Most of the servants talked in the game. The problem with trying to adapt that into a film is that:

1. It would slow down the pace of the film needlessly (most of them only said 1-2 throwaway lines) and
2. Hiring 60 + voice actors just for 90% to say just a few lines doesn't make sense from a business POV

Yeah I can understand it's unfeasible, but it doesnt change the fact that NP's would have improved the movie. Just cause it's unrealistic doesn't mean it's any less disappointing nor will knowing that fact change the enjoyability of the anime. Tbh I have no idea who paid for this, if FGO (game) did for the fan's or some committee did, but FGO is a pretty big ip in terms of revenue. I don't think it would be unrealistic if every servant that appeared got some lines tbh.

Well the servant cameo's were a highlight of the film for many people. It's not like every servant needed lines, but some noble phantasm for servants with notable appearances or dialogue for fan favorite servants would not have been that detrimental imo.

Doesn't need to be 60+, could have even been just 3-5 more tbf
Jan 31, 2022 4:01 AM
May 2021
Inorichi said:
SkyhighCFC said:

Yeah I can understand it's unfeasible, but it doesnt change the fact that NP's would have improved the movie. Just cause it's unrealistic doesn't mean it's any less disappointing nor will knowing that fact change the enjoyability of the anime. Tbh I have no idea who paid for this, if FGO (game) did for the fan's or some committee did, but FGO is a pretty big ip in terms of revenue. I don't think it would be unrealistic if every servant that appeared got some lines tbh.

Well the servant cameo's were a highlight of the film for many people. It's not like every servant needed lines, but some noble phantasm for servants with notable appearances or dialogue for fan favorite servants would not have been that detrimental imo.

Doesn't need to be 60+, could have even been just 3-5 more tbf

Yea that's fair. More lines would have given some of the scenes more life for sure
Jan 31, 2022 5:15 AM

Jul 2015
It was better than I thought. Pretty enjoyable movie. Not a movie targeted for those who haven't played the game though
Feb 5, 2022 3:38 AM

Apr 2020
The adaptation was really great, really really great but I really wanted Servent's Screen time more, they could have atmost made a 3 hours movie. Solomon singularity had so much Emotions, I'm glad that almost everything was covered and most of my favourite Servents atleast got to fight Goetia 😂, 9/10 for me. This movie had potential to surpass Endgame's scene, I agree with the person before me commented that, the main audience are Fgo players. I'm satisfied but it could have been done more better.
Syed_94Feb 5, 2022 6:52 AM
Feb 5, 2022 10:44 AM

Aug 2009
The summoning of Iskandar and the appearance of all Servants were done really well!

The backgrounds are gorgeous!

I'm not happy about them skipping Merlin's appearance and Fou's lines/magic.

I like Gilgamesh's anime line, "Ironically, the biggest threat to humanity is the wish to better humanity itself" more than the Game version where he rants about how immortality is a bad thing.

The fights are not very well-choreographed.

What disappoints me the most is how Solomon's Ars Nova and his farewell were animated 😕. That Ars Nova scene was an insane let down, I'm shocked to say the gacha game mini-cutscene did it better. I mean, look at how well UFOTABLE did Iskandar's final moments in Fate/Zero with the epic "You Are My King" soundtrack playing throughout, his farewell to Waver, and even Gilgamesh's rare emotional response to his bravery: this same level of emotional impact was my expectation for Solomon's final moments. But Cloverworks delivered nothing. The choice of music was shitty. The NP was done through one single shitty unchanging camera angle. The NP itself was just Solomon taking off his rings, WTF. The farewell scene with Ritsuka = zero impact. What lazy-ass animation. No artistic imagination. No explanation whatsoever about what "erasing myself from the Throne of Heroes" means. I think anime-onlys who watch this will think this is just another Heroic Spirit's "pseudo-death". Solomon turning himseld into true nothingness is a lot more impactful than Iskandar's pseudo-death, and the fact that Solomon is absolutely terrified of death but has to do it, unlike Iskandar's stoicism, touches a lot of people! But the anime failed it all. How I wish UFOTABLE had animated this!
Feb 18, 2022 4:44 PM

Apr 2007
Thank you, Sugita Tomokazu, for your amazing work. When I got to this part in the game after it was released in English, I was blown away by his performance and always feel disappointed that there is no way to revisit the battle against Goetia (though they recently released it temporarily in the anniversary). Now whenever I want to, I can just rewatch this movie where Sugita spoke for 90% of it; Lev, the Demon God Pillars, Goetia, narration. He really was the star of this movie. Who cares about seeing your favorite servants when you can hear your favorite voice actor for an hour and a half. Truly an amazing gift! Now let me summon Goetia so I can hear Sugita all the time!!!!

Putting that aside, I was only disappointed they cut the scene with Mash and Cath Palug. It was an integral part, but instead they just had Mash kind of reappear. Overall though the animation was gorgeous and it was a nice bonus to hear the instrumental version of the original game opening during the major battle.
Feb 19, 2022 2:18 PM

Sep 2011
This movie has amazing production values and looks stunning

But god damn they really should've animated the entirety of part 1 first. Anyone who didn't play FGO isn't going to get anything out of these except pretty lights and nonsensical info dumps.

And because of that I don't think I could rate this any higher then 3 stars
Feb 19, 2022 3:13 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Finally out on CR so here I’m at 7 am writing this now.

To be honest, there were many things to adore about the movie. But plot-wise, it felt like a lot of it flew over my head.

I remember the tv series having such a phase towards its end but I was definitely more invested into the content then. Here, it sort of went like hype from one action scene to another without real value. It was nice to see some of the characters from Babylonia chip in though, it’s been a while since I’ve seen them.

On the brighter side, first things first, the animation and sound quality. Incredible stuff and a big thanks to the creators! Sugita Tomokazu-san’s monologues, despite a decent potion being indecipherable, are almost always a plus and this was certainly right up there.

So that’s why Mask asked the Prof who he was earlier. I’d a feeling he was going to play some kind of a role but to have been Solomon himself, that was a surprise!

Definitely a movie catered towards those familiar with the route already but I’ll stick with a solid 6/10 for this nonetheless.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Feb 19, 2022 8:42 PM

Apr 2009
Honestly, the main issue with this anime is that it doesn't take the opportunity to include some original scenes to flesh out Romani like Babylonia episode 0 did. Looking back at the whole of FGO Part 1, it's such a waste that freaking David barely interacted with Romani. This would have been the perfect opportunity to improve/supplement the source material buy giving David some spotlight and heart to heart with Romani.
Feb 19, 2022 10:04 PM

Sep 2021
I will preface this by saying that I have indeed played through the entirety of the game excluding the latest few Lostbelts. And no, I did not really like this movie (Opinions seem to be split even among those who played the gacha game, hence the preface). It was underwhelming and disappointing. Especially so for anime-only viewers (I guess) as a lot of the important context were not explained well (stuff like the impact of Romani's final actions and why it should be an emotional moment, especially since it follows the death of Mash which was the first emotional moment but somehow the anime version lacked that impact for me).

Only a few of the servants that showed up were voiced and most were using the same lines as what they say in the game when you use their NP. Since that is the case, surely they could add the same lines from the game for the other Servants' NP into the movie? (I assume this would cost less compared to hiring the voice actors to record the same lines specifically for the movie) A pity the event servants don't show up, other than Dante, I was looking forward to JAlter.

I was expecting more/longer Servants vs Demon God Pillars fight scenes or even more Servants vs Solomon (True Name: Goetia) fight scenes instead of giving the male MC ridiculous powers that allowed him to use Mash's shield to kill that final boss (somewhat similar to what the Babylon anime did iirc). Even more disappointing was the lack of Fou's voice or any animation other than a couple of pictures at the end for Mash's revival.

Sure, the Servants fight scenes and animation were great for the precious few minutes when they occur, big explosions and all, but that was probably the only thing I felt was done well. The soundtrack didn't really hype me up like they did in the game either (again, these are all just my personal subjective opinions, I'm sure there will be people that disagree).

To conclude, I feel like the movie could have been better, with more time given to Servants fight scenes (cause that was what I was most looking forward to personally), and adding their NP lines from the game, etc. Anime-only viewers may miss out on some of the context and plot that is happening in the movie but they probably know the general ideas if they watched the Babylon anime series before watching the movie (you don't even have to watch the first OVA since Lev kindly explains the events of it to you lol).
yhagniFeb 19, 2022 10:25 PM
Feb 20, 2022 5:28 AM

Oct 2008
haha so many SSR gacha pulls! i meant so many legendary summons!

Feb 21, 2022 10:43 AM

Mar 2014
Fantastic movie as expected
Feb 22, 2022 6:14 PM

Oct 2019
Multiple servants cameos and background art is top notch. I didn't play FGO myself due to country-restriction but pretty enjoyable battle royale with nuke everwhere. 7/10.
andrearionaFeb 22, 2022 6:21 PM
Feb 28, 2022 8:30 PM

Feb 2014
I am kind confused by what happened... I mean, I got it in general, but the details are still hazy.

Nonetheless, I had good fun even though I have never played the game. Surely, would have been more enjoyable if I knew what was happening and the details.

As anime watcher only, 7.5/10
TechOtakuFeb 28, 2022 8:45 PM
Mar 15, 2022 12:13 AM
Jan 2017
good movie,,
i never thought that Dr.Romani is solomon himself, what a nice suprise
but sadly i cant see king arthuria and gilgamesh action here,,
then i dont really get it, what happen to mashu after death ,, why she back to life?
seriously
Mar 23, 2022 10:03 PM

Nov 2019
Eh... this is basically the equivalent of a generic battle shounen filler movie.

The villain is bad, the big cast reunion is nonsensical, and the protagonists are still the most ineffectual combatants in the series.
Mar 26, 2022 9:17 PM

Feb 2019
Wow. One of the best Saturdays in a while. Just finished FGO Solomon and I’m speechless. Cloverworks really did a perfect job with it. The giant servant battle was perfect like I’m shook. Mashu’s sacrifice and Goetia and Fujimaru final fight.. all perfect. The CGI for the towers was perfection as well, some of the best CGI I’ve seen. Need the lostbelts now.
Marinate1016Mar 26, 2022 9:24 PM
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Some questions about the plot (Spoilers)

Mathi786 - Jan 31

9 by Code-Valhalla »»
Feb 3, 3:35 AM

» Don't watch this if you haven't played the game

KaizukaZekrom - Jan 22, 2022

39 by Sol_Ou »»
Oct 15, 2023 3:35 PM

» Do I need to watch the Camelot movies first?

StuntMastah - Aug 19, 2023

6 by PurpleMoon7 »»
Aug 19, 2023 3:06 PM

» We’re in the End Game!

Reshiram_IX - Mar 22, 2020

31 by LISA302 »»
Jul 25, 2023 10:05 AM

» Question about King Solomon

DarkEmperor69 - Mar 26, 2022

2 by Khalil04 »»
Aug 30, 2022 10:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.