Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Jul 22, 2021 1:04 PM

Jul 2020
BEFORE ANYONE GETS MAD THIS IS 100% MY OPINION ⚠

-For the first time in the show history you have some interesting characters Decent World building and Those said characters got interesting story arcs so naturally what do you with them ? Nothing !!!!! Let's just bring all the aincrad Relic(asuna, klein...) and have them use the power of friendship , bring back Kirito from his mental illness(Since when was he depressed???) ,so he can use duel wield again with the same overused outfit, save the day and give the middle finger 2 all the characters that we spent 30 episodes with & making their mini arcs seem pointless since none of them really mattered or contributeed in the end.
Absolutely atrocious season🤢🤢 . & Wasted potential
WAR OF UNDERWORLD PART : 4/10(because of the amazing production and the great first part)
Please feel free to explain your thoughts.
I'd like to know your opinion
Waiting for the stone ocean 3 anime
Jul 22, 2021 1:16 PM
Feb 2021
Honestly, I agree with you, but I dont think it was that bad, besides I have heard that a lot of this issues (like kirito being depressed without explanation or why he can dual wield and is so op) are explained in the LN and I dont see any milking of Aincrad.
Jul 22, 2021 1:22 PM

Jan 2021
this season is actually the worst imo. I don't shit on sword art, I actually gave Alicization an 8. But this was just wasted potential. Aincrad Milking wasn't the issue. SAO's past references are a major part of its appeal.
The pacing was horrendous, Kirito Barely talked to any character, the fights were directed SO badly, but I have to give props to the animators for making this abomination watchable. The OP is one of my favourites so that's a plus too.
Jul 22, 2021 2:15 PM

Jul 2020
certifiedbinger said:
this season is actually the worst imo. I don't shit on sword art, I actually gave Alicization an 8. But this was just wasted potential. Aincrad Milking wasn't the issue. SAO's past references are a major part of its appeal.
The pacing was horrendous, Kirito Barely talked to any character, the fights were directed SO badly, but I have to give props to the animators for making this abomination watchable. The OP is one of my favourites so that's a plus too.
yes the animation was so beautiful I made me watch till the end, but i still pains me how much better this could've been 😥.
Jul 22, 2021 3:23 PM
May 2020
Totally agree. The Alicization arc was amazing and the only good arc in SAO. First half of War of Underworld was good, but then in the second half the screw everything and destroy everything the built in Alicization. Like why Kirito is so OP again and why Alice who was the first good female character in SAO had to join Kirito’s harem.
Jul 22, 2021 5:58 PM
Oct 2019
sansti29 said:
Totally agree. The Alicization arc was amazing and the only good arc in SAO. First half of War of Underworld was good, but then in the second half the screw everything and destroy everything the built in Alicization. Like why Kirito is so OP again and why Alice who was the first good female character in SAO had to join Kirito’s harem.
everytime I see these posts it’s just more evidence how a-1 butchered the light novel adaptation. Not to say sao doesn’t have a little bit of harem , but god dam does the anime push it too far. Like lisbeth and sugu are the only other girls to actually have feelings with kirito and they are both over it . Alice has zero romantic feelings for kirito but then a-1’s like, "let’s have some fanservice". A-1 even butchered the first season of Alicization and people somehow liked it. And kirito being op isn’t some plot hole in underworld, you just have to pay attention.
Jul 22, 2021 6:37 PM

Oct 2020
DRP0 said:

-For the first time in the show history you have some interesting characters Decent World building and Those said characters got interesting story arcs so naturally what do you with them ? Nothing !!!!! Let's just bring all the aincrad Relic(asuna, klein...) and have them use the power of friendship , bring back Kirito from his mental illness(Since when was he depressed???) ,so he can use duel wield again with the same overused outfit, save the day and give the middle finger 2 all the characters that we spent 30 episodes with & making their mini arcs seem pointless since none of them really mattered or contributeed in the end.
WAR OF UNDERWORLD PART : 4/10(because of the amazing production and the great first part)
10/10 for me, I liked all, WoU was also amazing for me, as waking up with any scientific methods were impossible because science can't play with soul, but the <<STL>> already made a copy of the soul so if it was more pressured then it'll happen like Rios(the one Kirito killed in Swordcraft academy) and like the Giant's Boss's fluclight like he became berserk and went to kill Fanatio, and ended up killed one of her knights instead, so the fluclight is already damaged and it'll damage more if they forcefully try to bring him back(if POH would've played with him a little longer in his coma state before the other souls gave him some motivation, idk what would've happened to Kirito, like sleeping for ever till death or death while in coma etc and he might never wake up in real life) , so I don't find any good methods to bring him back other than this, as because this season was perfect for choices like this as because this was almost a real life with souls, it's not Aincrad or other games. So do u understand me??
Please watch Sword Art Online Progressive, it's the peak of SAO.
Jul 22, 2021 7:24 PM
Oct 2019
DRP0 said:

I can kinda see what you are trying to say but saying “when was he depressed” tells me you weren’t paying much attention. I understand it’s your opinion and I’m not trying to change that but your whole paragragh is a bit too exaggerated. I’ve seen better sao takes
Jul 22, 2021 7:45 PM

Oct 2020
DRP0 said:

BTW WHAT'S WITH THE TOPIC HEADLINE??? WDYM BY MILKING AINCRAD AGAIN?? FYI SAO PROGRESSIVE WAS WRITTEN AND PUBLISHED IN OCT 2012 JUST BEFORE THE RELEASE OF SAO S1............REALLY SMH WHY DO THESE GUYS ALWAYS POST SUCH THINGS WITHOUT KNOWING ANYTHING...OOFF, ALSO DON'T U WANT A BETTER SAO????
Jul 22, 2021 8:24 PM
Feb 2021
Yeah,I agree with you halfway.SAO's attachment to Aincrad has always been a thing.What happened then was such a major event,it's aftermath was felt all the way till alicisation.What I didn't like is how they hyped up the characters and their new powers ,but in the end ,ended up depending on Kirito for the finale (Asuna and Sinon especially).
Jul 23, 2021 1:22 AM
Feb 2021
I would like to see a day without people hating on SAO. Did you not watch it from the beginning, and other follow up season which explicitly shows why Kirito was traumatised. Every season clearly presented how he was depressed during the time of Aincrad. One whole squad was wiped out in front of his eyes, he was forced to kill players, Asuna events, his best friend died in front of him and here you are still questioning why Kirito was depressed😑. If you dislike it you can do it in positive way no need to shit on it. It is still the popular show and best selling light novels regardless of your negative preference. For your information they are not milking it, SAO progressive is immensely popular among SAO fandom and of course it will be animated. Sorry for the rant!
Jul 23, 2021 1:45 AM

Jul 2020
Abysmal_Saint76 said:
I would like to see a day without people hating on SAO. Did you not watch it from the beginning, and other follow up season which explicitly shows why Kirito was traumatised. Every season clearly presented how he was depressed during the time of Aincrad. One whole squad was wiped out in front of his eyes, he was forced to kill players, Asuna events, his best friend died in front of him and here you are still questioning why Kirito was depressed😑. If you dislike it you can do it in positive way no need to shit on it. It is still the popular show and best selling light novels regardless of your negative preference. For your information they are not milking it, SAO progressive is immensely popular among SAO fandom and of course it will be animated. Sorry for the rant!
Fist of all I've watched soa I LIKED aincrad I liked GGO I Freakin'loved alicization.
Fir kirito mental extravaganza I didn't like because It felt a bit out of place but that's not what I'm mad about I'l mad because sao can't let go of "Kirito is suddenly op and he saved the day" , Like yeah he's should make the final blow but it could've been a bit creative instead of having kirito win it solo
Jul 23, 2021 3:34 AM

Oct 2020
DRP0 said:
Abysmal_Saint76 said:
Fist of all I've watched soa I LIKED aincrad I liked GGO I Freakin'loved alicization.
Fir kirito mental extravaganza I didn't like because It felt a bit out of place but that's not what I'm mad about I'l mad because sao can't let go of "Kirito is suddenly op and he saved the day" , Like yeah he's should make the final blow but it could've been a bit creative instead of having kirito win it solo
Without Eugeo he would've been digested by the Angel Of Death...
Jul 23, 2021 4:47 AM
Amateur Reviewer
Jul 2016
DRP0 said:

Your completly rigth, Alicazation was the very peak of Sao, WoU part 1 was close and than P2 came in and ruined everything. And it hurts so much more because the previous 37+ EPs were genuinely brilliant. I'd say more but you've already covered it. Sad times had by all but A1 pictures bank account.
Jul 23, 2021 4:53 AM
Amateur Reviewer
Jul 2016
Abysmal_Saint76 said:

The guy listed way more problems then this, so while I agree his depression actually makes perfect sense(you left out that he essentially got short circuited as well causing his physical paralization) and was something I thougth was a really clever move to make, non of that excuses how WoU P2 completely goes back on everything the prior 37+ EPs set up. It's not hate, the haters all stoped watching series's ago, no it's genuine disappointment at the one time Sao nearly became a true uncompromising 10/10, the production values were there, the story set up, the character arcs ready to spring and then it all just went to absolute shit.

In conclusion blindly loving something no matter what it does wrong is far more toxic then being honest when something you like disappoints you. Hope that helps😎👍.
Jul 23, 2021 4:55 AM
Amateur Reviewer
Jul 2016
Anayan_Kashyap said:
DRP0 said:

BTW WHAT'S WITH THE TOPIC HEADLINE??? WDYM BY MILKING AINCRAD AGAIN?? FYI SAO PROGRESSIVE WAS WRITTEN AND PUBLISHED IN OCT 2012 JUST BEFORE THE RELEASE OF SAO S1............REALLY SMH WHY DO THESE GUYS ALWAYS POST SUCH THINGS WITHOUT KNOWING ANYTHING...OOFF, ALSO DON'T U WANT A BETTER SAO????

......read his whole post lol.... He meant Aincrad as in the show's over reliance on kirito and past characters rather then staying true to the good thing it had going in its own rigth....he doesn't even mention progressive👍.
Jul 23, 2021 6:25 AM
Feb 2021
momentie said:
Abysmal_Saint76 said:

The guy listed way more problems then this, so while I agree his depression actually makes perfect sense(you left out that he essentially got short circuited as well causing his physical paralization) and was something I thougth was a really clever move to make, non of that excuses how WoU P2 completely goes back on everything the prior 37+ EPs set up. It's not hate, the haters all stoped watching series's ago, no it's genuine disappointment at the one time Sao nearly became a true uncompromising 10/10, the production values were there, the story set up, the character arcs ready to spring and then it all just went to absolute shit.

In conclusion blindly loving something no matter what it does wrong is far more toxic then being honest when something you like disappoints you. Hope that helps😎👍.
In that event it is better not to watch just to waste your time on creating thread to degrade it. It is already a popular series, many have good taste on it. Anime that I like and supporting which is hatred by you does not indicate toxicity. SAO did nothing wrong it is just SAO is wrong in hater eyes and it will never be cleared. Moreover bashing and shitting is not honesty, rather you can say that is a toxicity.
Kirito coming out of the vegetable stage is explicitly stated by Higa with demonstration. It never went to the absolute shit, only problem was A-1 not being honest to the source materials where plenty of significant scene were omitted especially Asuna. In fact, SAO Alicization is basically well received arc. If someone straightaway came from Mother basement and Anime Man video nothing can be done unless they watched the series from there heart disregarding those nonsensical takes.
Anyway, given the popularity of SAO well we sure can expect the hatred as well.
Jul 23, 2021 6:57 AM
Amateur Reviewer
Jul 2016
Abysmal_Saint76 said:
momentie said:

In that event it is better not to watch just to waste your time on creating thread to degrade it. It is already a popular series, many have good taste on it. Anime that I like and supporting which is hatred by you does not indicate toxicity. SAO did nothing wrong it is just SAO is wrong in hater eyes and it will never be cleared. Moreover bashing and shitting is not honesty, rather you can say that is a toxicity.
Kirito coming out of the vegetable stage is explicitly stated by Higa with demonstration. It never went to the absolute shit, only problem was A-1 not being honest to the source materials where plenty of significant scene were omitted especially Asuna. In fact, SAO Alicization is basically well received arc. If someone straightaway came from Mother basement and Anime Man video nothing can be done unless they watched the series from there heart disregarding those nonsensical takes.

Fella tone back your indignation, neither me or the original poster are haters, can you process that? Just because something is popular is neither a reason to love it blindly or hate it wildly. Like we both said Alication is great and like I said before I've no issue with how they took Kirito's character, my issues where the same as the Op's, I wish sincerely that they had followed thought with the War arc and given each knight they're proper arcs, like they were doing, rather then suddenly bringing in a load of legacy characters to do all the fighting, effectively removing all tension as we know they can't die. In War of Underworlds series 1 there was this brilliant 'Knights of old' aesthetic, epic final stands, battlefield romance and actual tactics, it was point-blank brilliant progression of the SAO formula to use the world-building and sentient AI in this fashion. It is not toxic or hateful to be sad that they threw all that out to have Klein, Asuna and so on come and steal the spotlight or that Kirito gets God mode for unexplained reasons etc. I could write a wall of text explaining all its faults but you don't seem interested.

I haven't come here off the back of anyone's posts or videos, I simply engage with the media I consume and form my own opinions. If you have a strong argument for why War of Underworlds S2 is actually a masterpiece then I'm genuinely happy to hear it, I love having my mind changed and I really quite like SAO in spite of it's many flaws but I am'nt gonna sing it's praises when it fucks up and neither should you.

Hope that helps😎👍.
momentieJul 23, 2021 7:06 AM
Jul 23, 2021 7:14 AM
Feb 2021
momentie said:
Abysmal_Saint76 said:

Fella tone back your indignation, neither me or the original poster are haters, can you process that? Just because something is popular is neither a reason to love it blindly or hate it wildly. Like we both said Alication is great and like I said before I've no issue with how they took Kirito's character, my issues where the same as the Op's, I wish sincerely that they had followed thought with the War arc and given each knight they're proper arcs, like they were doing, rather then suddenly bringing in a load of legacy characters to do all the fighting, effectively removing all tension as we know they can't die. In War of Underworlds series 1 there was this brilliant 'Knights of old' aesthetic, epic final stands, battlefield romance and actual tactics, it was point-blank brilliant progression of the SAO formula to use the world-building and sentient AI in this fashion. It is not toxic or hateful to be sad that they threw all that out to have Klein, Asuna and so one come and steal the spotlight or that Kirito gets God mode for unexplained reasons etc. I could write a wall of text explaining all its faults but you don't seem interested.

I haven't come here off the back of anyone's posts or videos, I simply engage with the media I consume and form my own opinions. If you have a strong argument for why War of Underworlds S2 is actually a masterpiece then I'm genuinely happy to hear it, I love having my mind change and I really quite like SAO in spite of it's many flaws but I am'nt gonna sing it's praises when it fuck up and neither should you.

Hope that helps😎👍.
Most of the knight got there moments to shine, didn't it. I also said A-1 picture wasn't honest with source materials while adapting. They butchered a plenty of things. Asuna and Kirito is fine since they are the main characters and it's there story. Instead of focusing on bullshit of Shinon, Leafa and Klein, Lisbeth author should have focused or gave the moment for underworld people to shine like Ishkan and other because it was there place and world. Asuna shining was not a problem, she will of course come to save his boy furthermore she is the heroine of SAO. Regarding the other characters, I am with you since it was not there battle and place to fight. Even if, than only after the emphasis of Underworld soldiers.

I was not happy with the adaptation tbh,but I am not gonna go bashing on it because I am grateful one of my favourite anime with favourite characters was adapted upto the end which barely most of the LN anime will get such reception to that extent. Given there are problem and flaws, I still enjoyed the show regardless.

It helps a lot, cheers🍺
Jul 23, 2021 7:30 AM
Amateur Reviewer
Jul 2016
Abysmal_Saint76 said:
momentie said:

Fella tone back your indignation, neither me or the original poster are haters, can you process that? Just because something is popular is neither a reason to love it blindly or hate it wildly. Like we both said Alication is great and like I said before I've no issue with how they took Kirito's character, my issues where the same as the Op's, I wish sincerely that they had followed thought with the War arc and given each knight they're proper arcs, like they were doing, rather then suddenly bringing in a load of legacy characters to do all the fighting, effectively removing all tension as we know they can't die. In War of Underworlds series 1 there was this brilliant 'Knights of old' aesthetic, epic final stands, battlefield romance and actual tactics, it was point-blank brilliant progression of the SAO formula to use the world-building and sentient AI in this fashion. It is not toxic or hateful to be sad that they threw all that out to have Klein, Asuna and so one come and steal the spotlight or that Kirito gets God mode for unexplained reasons etc. I could write a wall of text explaining all its faults but you don't seem interested.

I haven't come here off the back of anyone's posts or videos, I simply engage with the media I consume and form my own opinions. If you have a strong argument for why War of Underworlds S2 is actually a masterpiece then I'm genuinely happy to hear it, I love having my mind change and I really quite like SAO in spite of it's many flaws but I am'nt gonna sing it's praises when it fuck up and neither should you.

Hope that helps😎👍.
Most of the knight got there moments to shine, didn't it. I also said A-1 picture wasn't honest with source materials while adapting. They butchered a plenty of things. Asuna and Kirito is fine since they are the main characters and it's there story. Instead of focusing on bullshit of Shinon, Leafa and Klein, Lisbeth author should have focused or gave the moment for underworld people to shine like Ishkan and other because it was there place and world. Asuna shining was not a problem, she will of course come to save his boy furthermore she is the heroine of SAO. Regarding the other characters, I am with you since it was not there battle and place to fight. Even if, than only after the emphasis of Underworld soldiers.

I was not happy with the adaptation tbh,but I am not gonna go bashing on it because I am grateful one of my favourite anime with favourite characters was adapted upto the end which barely most of the LN anime will get such reception to that extent. Given there are problem and flaws, I still enjoyed the show regardless.

It helps a lot, cheers🍺

Seems like we actually agree on most things😂 and I understand your frustration, I too have no love for un-constructive criticism but never settle buddy, sure definitely be grateful of course and always make an effort to understand everything you watch, but value your opinion more then to just settle, you'll find you get more out of media the more you let it challenge you😊.

Cheers!😎🍻
Jul 23, 2021 7:11 PM
Jun 2021
Ive loved most of SAO but Alicization did show me they blew there load too quickly on being stuck in a world. It feels like they wished they went deeper with the 1st half of season 1. Everything before Alicization seemed like we were moving forward with the story. This season and War...to me aren't bad, but it does feel like a step back.
Jul 30, 2021 1:43 PM
Jul 2021
Just you saying that he had a mental illness shows me that you haven't actually understood the show

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld 2nd Season Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Syureria - Aug 15, 2020

303 by Remiadha »»
Jun 1, 5:42 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kaiseki - Aug 8, 2020

210 by Remiadha »»
Jun 1, 5:20 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld 2nd Season Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 18, 2020

222 by Remiadha »»
Jun 1, 4:06 AM

Poll: » Best SAO girl?

Kazu-chan-san - Mar 20, 2023

15 by ItsAziz »»
Apr 7, 4:06 AM

» Question about Alice

quietkun27 - Mar 24

15 by Superninjaboy2 »»
Mar 25, 1:04 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.