Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Seven Deadly Sins
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jul 2, 2021 8:56 PM

Nov 2010
Hmm, after dragging the fight against the demon king, the last few episodes felt rushed and messy, but it was still okay.

I don't like the way Escanor died. He sacrificed his life, but I feel he wasn't given the chance to shine. He should've fought the DK 1 on 1 and destroyed him on his own.

All the fight scenes were badly animated. I would've given this show an easy 8 if the fight scenes looked cool at least. 6/10
Jul 7, 2021 12:07 AM
Jan 2021
To be completely honest, throughout the whole last two seasons i kept feeling like the story was dragged on for way too long. Multiple instances of a character never truly being defeated kinda get tiresome at some point. Even more, with the Chaos thing in the last episodes I've got to admit I let out a sigh in disbelief, as I couldn't believe they would keep going. However, I really cannot tell if I was relieved or sad to see this season end and closing the arcs.

Still, The Seven Deadly Sins was (for me) one of those animes that a friend casually name-dropped in a conversation and sounded really cool, and over the last years it has become one of my favourite franchises. The worldbuilding is incredibly rich and it knows exactly how to punch you in the gut and force out some tears. I just wish they kept up the pace they established in Season 1.

I have my reserves about this last season, but the final episode was nothing short of marvelous. Finally seeing how the members live their lives in a peaceful and happy manner, and making sure, as I said before, that the arcs are closed, is the perfect way of finishing off the series.

With the end of such a long-running franchise one can not help but to feel a bit nostalgic, and Gowther's recap for Tristan to understand the Seven Deadly Sins is great for us to say goodbye to them too. A good anime overall with its flaws, like everything else. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing the movie, which I belive is already out.
DeVoidlijJul 7, 2021 12:15 AM
Jul 7, 2021 10:01 AM

Dec 2016
Nanatsu no Taizai has been my one of the most favourite anime since 2014. Because of the sudden studio change I was saddened to rate the season 3 6/10. But for this final there was not much of a difference in animation quality, it was really poor as usual, but the story is still the best, and the seiyuus job was perfect, even with the poor animation their voices still made the scenes touching.

For this Final I'll give it 7/10. But the overall story will always be 10/10 for me.

I hope the ongoing sequel gets animated too in the future.
Jul 7, 2021 2:58 PM

Oct 2015
Wow, it's actually over. Kind of a weird feeling since this show has aired almost every year for the past few years. I can't help but wonder what this series could've been if A-1 never dropped it. Sadness xc

I'll still give it praise for showing the main cast's futures after the story, which is more than most series do. That was pretty awesome.

I don't want to be too hard on the series, since the manga is probably better and it's just Studio Deen playing their usual tricks... but there's no denying these last two seasons were rough.
Jul 8, 2021 1:49 PM

Nov 2012

And thus ends this journey.. It all started with an armor searching for someone, and it ended with that someone knocking up that person wearing the armor... A worthwhile journey with many ups and downs, tho the downs were more prominent in the latter half of this series..

Sad for Escanor getting the short end of the stick..
Jul 11, 2021 11:48 AM

Jan 2014
so it ended in a decent way. I don't feel anything about the ending, it's just feel very decent.

this season seems kinda forced, with fighting this and that, a being or something looks impossible to be defeated but they managed to kill it anyway. especially those fight with Demon King and Chaos thingy.

if I could say, first and second season are far way better.

I actually planned to read the manga, but after seeing this ending, I don't think I will. it would ended the same anyway.
Jul 17, 2021 3:22 AM
Jul 2012
The obvious decline in the storyline made the ending somewhat unsurprising. With the animation style in the previous season being what it was, I had very low expectations of the animation quality in the final season. As I've figured, the finale was very poorly executed and anticlimactic to say the least.

I dislike how after the time skip every Sin's member still looked exactly the same as they were years ago (excluding the immortals). At least a wardrobe change would suffice to indicate a more authentic time skip. From reading the manga, I had so much expectations for how King's full wings would be colored. King's wing were butchered. The color scheme was quite a disappointment. It had 3 shades of blue and looked pathetic compared the the first Fairy King's. In addition to the animation of Escanor's and Meliodas' fight, King's wings were on my list of Seven Deadly Disappointments.

The whole bit with Chaos was boring. It was a drag having to watch the last arc. I don't understand why Meliodas didn't have a go at the Supreme Deity opposed to the resurrected Demon King. I mean she was half the reason why Elizabeth and him were punished. That would have made for a more interesting finale. I would love to read someome's opinion on this.

The Purgatory arc and Escanor were honestly the only scenes that kept me watching. And the scene when Ban and Meliodas sang Wild's song to Hawk was very endearing.

All in all, this anime will go down in anime history as having one of the best to worst declines. It had so much potential...
Jul 22, 2021 6:04 PM

Feb 2015
Worst anime I've seen in years, the garbage that DEEN did with this anime just added more to this disastrous story.
I can't understand how this anime is so “famous" even for casuals standard, plain, boring and absurd. The final “Arc" about Chaos is even worse than all the Kaguya shit in Naruto (that is saying a lot...), and Nanatsu no Taizai Next Generations is confirmed so truly and awful series.
Glad it finally ended
Aug 2, 2021 9:53 PM

Feb 2014
I did really enjoy the 1st half 8/10

The 2nd half felt like.. they unnecessarily dragged out too much the plot/story. Therefore it ended up being repetitive and/or boring.

Kudos for the decent epilogue, though. They focused most of the last episode on it, which is not very common.

However, impressive how I could not feel chemistry on ANY of the romantic relationships of this anime xD

Ah! Not only Escanor died with his platonic love for Merlin, but they revelead later once and for all that Merlin was in love with Meliodas and I bet they thought about making Merlin and Arthur a pair in the end... That was... *sigh*

6/10

TechOtakuAug 2, 2021 10:04 PM
Aug 24, 2021 7:55 PM

Feb 2021
Finally ! It's over . Compared to last season it was good but it wasn't epic either

I just thought it would end after everyone is married . But they introduced new character Tristan which is good . Idk why they didn't covered ban's kid & king's marriage .Anyway it's a nice happy ending

It has been 7 years when it was first aired some seasons are so good some are bad but it's so nice to see everyone happy except Escanor
__bl4nk__Aug 24, 2021 8:03 PM
Aug 29, 2021 12:57 PM

Jun 2015
And it ends. I'm going to miss Ban. I'm so happy that he and Elaine are finally together. I wanted to see their child and King and Diane's child too.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Aug 30, 2021 7:18 AM

Aug 2017
Farewell, Seven Deadly Sins.
Sep 23, 2021 2:15 PM
Jul 2018
I'm pretty sad that this ended. I will admit that the remaining episodes after the fight with the the Demon King were rough with the pacing as well as other stuff that they crammed in. I would've liked if there was more time put into fleshing out the Sins' peaceful lives. I don't know how the events of this season in the manga played out. But I'm going to miss this show and its characters.
removed-userSep 23, 2021 2:37 PM
Sep 27, 2021 5:00 AM

Aug 2013
Wow the story and the adaption surprised me in a bad way
This should have ended in the first season
The closer you get to the light,the greater your shadow becomes.
Sep 28, 2021 10:52 AM

May 2015
I rating only this season. Death of Escanor was highlight, but the rest...well lets say i prefer the simplicity of first season.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Sep 28, 2021 2:16 PM

Jan 2011
I think they missed the chance to end it with episode 13 / 14. Ep 14 would have needed a different ending, but they could simply have skipped "that" part and left us the impression that Meliodas and Elisabeth went through the portal to Hell.

The rest was a mess with several time skips, fake outs, but also not showing the child olf Elaine and Ban or Arthur becoming a true king. While technically important, given that it 's Merlin's wish and everyone else's got fullfilled, would have been better if they had the full 24 epiodes for that or even touched upon it in the previous seaons, if only for the viewers convenience, without anyone knowing of it in-universe.
Oct 4, 2021 6:39 PM

May 2020
Anyone got an explanation to the names of Tristan and Lancelot? I somewhat understand Lancelot but not Tristan
Oct 10, 2021 1:27 PM

May 2009
NickCipolla said:
Anyone got an explanation to the names of Tristan and Lancelot? I somewhat understand Lancelot but not Tristan

What explanation do you need? Those are names of Meliodas and Ban's sons according to Arthurian myths.
Oct 10, 2021 4:15 PM

May 2020
bastek66 said:
NickCipolla said:

What explanation do you need? Those are names of Meliodas and Ban's sons according to Arthurian myths.

this explained nothing, good work!
Oct 11, 2021 4:13 AM

May 2009
NickCipolla said:
bastek66 said:

You didn't explain what you don't understand in first place.
Oct 11, 2021 2:15 PM

May 2020
bastek66 said:
NickCipolla said:

You didn't explain what you don't understand in first place.

thats cool, didnt ask
Oct 13, 2021 9:30 AM
May 2020
Finally it’s over! The series went from being in my top 10 favorite anime of all times to somewhere in the 50’s. This show had a really strong start and I appreciate and will always remember the first 2 seasons. But I honestly just want to forget the last 2 seasons. The animation never bothered me. Just the story in the second half. But at last I’m glad it’s over and I can focus on other series.
Oct 20, 2021 2:59 PM

May 2012
I thought the general story would have worked better if they ended it just after the epic battle with the Demon Lord, yet these two last episodes felt a bit weird as the pacing also went completely turned over and made it rather weird for these two last episodes to fit in to this season.

That said however I did quite liked this season as well and how everything resolved to the destruction of the Demon Lord.

So all in all a lovely sequel once again and to be honest they certainly could proceed anything after this so it we get a sequel or movie or anything else it would still be neat to give it a go and wonder how the overall story exactly ends.
Oct 25, 2021 9:11 PM
Apr 2018
TRISTAN got the best present, even more precious than the legendary sword he wished for!

Thank You, MELIODAS and comrades!

Thank You, NANATSU NO TAIZAI!
Oct 31, 2021 9:37 PM

Apr 2020
MegamiRem said:
Good to see the seven deadly sins members enjoying their life, all of them except the GOAT Escanor. Meliodas and Elizabeth's child is funny, the misunderstanding was hilarious.

Finally this anime ended, the last two season was meh af. I really used to love this anime at the begining but it became quite boring at some point (even in the manga, it's not just due to adaptation problem). Anyway atleast it ended on a happy note.
William03 said:

Well let's just wait for the movie, where all of the plot hole along the series will be explained there.

This episode adapted the final chapter of the manga. The movie is anime original.
which move please name the titel
Oct 31, 2021 9:42 PM

Oct 2017
tanaymithari21 said:
MegamiRem said:
Good to see the seven deadly sins members enjoying their life, all of them except the GOAT Escanor. Meliodas and Elizabeth's child is funny, the misunderstanding was hilarious.

Finally this anime ended, the last two season was meh af. I really used to love this anime at the begining but it became quite boring at some point (even in the manga, it's not just due to adaptation problem). Anyway atleast it ended on a happy note.
This episode adapted the final chapter of the manga. The movie is anime original.
https://myanimelist.net/anime/46420/Nanatsu_no_Taizai_Movie_2__Hikari_ni_Norowareshi_Mono-tachi

this one.
Oct 31, 2021 9:46 PM

Apr 2020
MegamiRem said:
tanaymithari21 said:
https://myanimelist.net/anime/46420/Nanatsu_no_Taizai_Movie_2__Hikari_ni_Norowareshi_Mono-tachi

this one.
thanks for this 👍👍👍❤️❣️
Nov 20, 2021 11:40 AM

Jan 2021
This was a perfect ending to 7ds I remember when I first started watching this and now its over this was really good
Dec 13, 2021 4:05 PM

May 2016
Just watched the final episode, what can I say... While I feel a little bit of nostalgica considering the series startet almost 10 years ago, Im still very disappointed. Even if we ignore the sharp decline of animation quality which is a massive problem itself, the way the show was handled was really poor. The whole demon king fight was too long, on the other hand the chaos arc was rushed and not settled in a way that leaves the viewer satisfied. The ending was happy, but too cliche and Naruto-like (every main couple just married and produced offspring - at the same time). And btw, Tristan sounds kinda lame, is there any reason for the specific name?

When Escanor had his final fight, I expected the team to let him handle the demon king since it was his wish to use his lifeforce for a final fight like this. Would have made his death more meaningful than that. But still, Escaner will be remembered as a legend.
Dec 30, 2021 2:43 PM

Oct 2020
Finally over !
And it's nice to see the seven deadly sins enjoy their lives !
The moment you finish a long running show like this is kinda sad really...knowing that's that !
A great show overall, despite it's flaws
Jan 7, 2022 6:52 PM

Aug 2018
Damn they gave their kids such stupid names... especially Meliodas' son, Tristan has no meaning at all.. should have named him Escanor or at least something with a bit of meaning.... Estarossa, maybe?

Its honestly crazy that this series is over, as I watched s1 in 2016.. honestly such a great anime.

RIP Escanor.

9/10 overall for this anime. (all seasons)

Feb 23, 2022 4:45 AM

Feb 2016
Okay, seems some peeps are missing it:
The names/relationships in 7DS is kind of based on Arthurian mythology (The 'King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table' stuff).

For eg. in the myths:
Tristan is a powerful knight who serves King Arthur, his parents are Meliodas and Elizabeth -King and Queen of Lyoness.
His rival and best friend is another powerful knight who serves Arthur; Lancelott (son of King Ban and Queen Elaine).

It's old mythology so it's all rather messy as it's been rewritten and reinterpreted, over and over through the centuries but yeah.
Mar 31, 2022 11:34 PM
Oct 2019
montages can be cheap forms of storytelling. but in this instance, it actually "saved" the finale somewhat. and not because the montage was supre great or anything. it's because the time skip, the little kid, it was all kind of mediocre this episode. the last few episodes after escanor's death were all mediocre, if we're being honest

but the montage at least reminded me of when the show was truly good. the relationships and hardships each of the deadly sins endured was some fantastic storytelling. the battles were pretty good early on, and the humor was there. i was ALWAYS annoyed by meliodas groping that chick though. idc if they were lovers for 3,000 years, she didn't know that at the time!

anyways, i loved this anime series early on (8/10). it progressively declined though. and the first half of this final season was ok, i think (i think i gave it a 7/10 through the first 10 episodes). the last half of this season was not as good. the last 4 episodes were actually bad (4/10 for these 4). weird, bizarre twist that did NO FAVORS. and killing off escanor and only escanor? wtf is that nonsense

overall i think the season deserves a 6/10. and overall the seven deadly sins series deserves a 7/10, thanks to enjoying the early episodes

i thought the Lancelot name and everything made sense given MERLIN and KING ARTHUR and all that jazz from throughout the series. it was fitting. and Tristan talking about becoming a seven deadly sin => knights of the round table all kind of made sense, too. surprised people were confused by this, but i suppose it might not be a common story in all countries. no biggie

i'll miss some of the characters in this show but not the show itself. most of the seven deadly sins were great in their own right. most, not all. and piggy was ok, too. elizabeth sucked. but there's a movie apparently, so i may watch that here shortly
Apr 11, 2022 7:47 AM
Nov 2017
Well it's finally over. I have mixed feelings about this show, but overall i enjoyed it. Kind of sad it ended, but to be honest it felt like it was dragging on for too long especially with the last few episodes. 6/10 for this season, although i would give it a 8/10 overall for all seasons, since i REALLY enjoyed the first 2 seasons.
May 1, 2022 1:23 PM
Mar 2009
Finally done with this anime. All I can say is what a okey anime just okey not bad not great just okay. It started good then when down hill with Holy war and demon king and lastly chaos. geeesh it´s like they throwed everything in.

And dear god every ones ambition all they did was just for love that´s top tire fairy tale right there. I love god fantasy but I think this one was to over the top about love and friendship I think some who grew up with to much my little pony and Care Bears. Love is magic.
May 7, 2022 1:19 PM

Jan 2020
The actual ending/epilogue was probably my favorite part of this entire season. It was back to what made this series really engaging and fun. Too bad the climax and final arc of this series was both poorly handled and treated. Maybe if it were less choppy and the animation wasn't what it is, then I maybe I could feel more positive about this season.

It is what it is though. I was going to give this a 4/10; but the ending, along with a few sprinkled moments through this season is swaying me to do a 5/10. If nothing else, this season was a slight step up from Wrath of the Gods.

Now it's on to Cursed by Light!

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

May 11, 2022 1:29 PM

Jan 2016
A happy ending exactly how i like it :)
Even though the story was weak at the end I am happy to see elizabeth and meliodas and ban and elaine happy together. Thank you sensei
Jul 2, 2022 3:35 AM

Sep 2018
GakutoDeathGlare said:
These stupid time skips in Purgatory seem so ridiculous, another casual 60 years go by in the blink of an eye lol... The emotions are unfortunately gone for me with this anime, the stakes seem trivial, the fighting mundane, it's a shame really.

I may have spoken a little too soon, there were some impactful scenes during this season as well. I really like the overall story in Seven Deadly Sins, it is a shame about the visuals, but the characters are always fun. 6/10.
Sep 12, 2022 2:50 AM
Apr 2021
Streched it too much, should have completed it long back.
Sep 18, 2022 1:59 PM

Jun 2019
At Last, A Wholesome & Happy Ending.
Sep 18, 2022 10:45 PM

Apr 2014
overall feeling for this series is

season 1 and 2 was the best , while season 3 and 4 was ok regardless of the animation and art quality drop

but also will say i really hated the shit that was "someone loved someone but then got mad because that person loved someone else and so then started some kind of BS in the end" smh

i'll always feel bad for Escanor as he had bad luck from the start and to even have a one sided love no less...

Merlin i loved her character a lot till the end like again it was that "oh i love this person but that person didnt choose me so ima create some bs" like damn was that annoying

with that said the set up for the sequel looks like it could be really interesting im looking forward to see how things turn out with the new MC's and see how the originals ends up in the new sequel

but before i even start the sequel will have to check out the movie 2 first then look at the manga version then sequel (hopefully have it all done before the anime of the sequel releases )

but yeah all in all this first series was good i just only wish we could have gotten the same overall quality that we got before the studio change
DazeFireSep 18, 2022 10:48 PM
"one step at a time"
Nov 16, 2022 12:25 PM

Dec 2018
i liked the tristan and lancelot bits, they were knights and friends in the myths. i actually was really happy with this episode. just not the garbage that preceded it for the last couple of seasons. lots of good moments but overwhelming amounts of bad fights, wasted time, convenient buffs/nerfs, lots of nonsense really. wish i got to see lancelot though. i'm having a hard time rating this show. i don't think i'll rate it very highly just because it had some spectacular moments. this episode was certainly a 8.5 or 9 out of 10, the rest was like, a 3.
i think i'll give it a 4 or 5.
StateofOhayoNov 16, 2022 12:28 PM
Dec 3, 2022 2:22 AM

Apr 2019
it looks like Studio Deen finally got the budget for the last episode. Lucky Tristan, he got to binge watch the Nanatsu no Taizai for free and probably in a better quality
Feb 18, 2023 12:19 PM
Jul 2017
Overall this was far superior to the previous 2 seasons. Those are really unwatchable if one doesn't have an affinity to the manga or any of the characters. Regardless...this episode was a bit weak. Needed a fully fleshed out epilogue to not just season 5, but to the entire story. Got pieces of it...but c'mon. There's a lot left just out there to wrap up for us. 

I still can't believe Escanor is gone. How cool is that name Escanor too...Jeez. They bring back everyone from the dead but leave the best of the characters fully dead? Then seeing his face and reaction with Merlin again at the end there...man. Right in the feels. Might be my favorite anime character. Since there appears to be somewhat of a sequel started here (I've no knowledge of the manga) maybe there's hope for a proper reunion of sorts. RIP Escanor, you legend.
Mar 11, 2023 2:16 AM

Apr 2013
They still call themselves the Nanatsu no Taizai? Shouldn't they be the Rokutsu no Taizai now or something?

Well what can I say about this trainwreck of a show... It had very few good scenes, most of the time animation and story was just crap. Also the best character in the show had a completely pointless death. 2/10
Mar 19, 2023 12:18 PM
Aug 2020
mid fr ................
May 4, 2023 6:38 AM
Jul 2021
lets fuckin goooooooooo
May 7, 2023 3:29 AM
Oct 2021
my top 3 anime. 1 of the best episodes
Aug 10, 2023 4:22 AM

Apr 2018
Well, episode is fine, not that good ending. The episode 13 and 14 was a way better ending imo.

Nice ending episode 0-14.
Quite Nice Ending episode 14-20.
SHITSHOW : 20-24.

Overall : Bad execution of "retcon" . Not on the good timing. And overused.
The mangaka played the "love triangle struggle card" way too much imo.
Best characters : Escanor, Jericho

The whole anime deserve a solid 7.5/10 despite his "poor" animation

Peak season : the 3rd one, Imashime no Fukkatsu
Morpheus: The Matrix is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it when you look out your window or when you turn on your television. You can feel it when you go to work... when you go to church... when you pay your taxes.
It is the world that has been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth.

Neo: What truth?

Morpheus: That you are a slave, Neo.
Aug 14, 2023 7:43 PM
Jul 2023
The End. wow you really have to watch it to understand it, words cant describe anything close to this episode.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Fundo no Shinpan Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Jan 13, 2021

96 by selgoku »»
Apr 11, 2:35 PM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Fundo no Shinpan Episode 23 Discussion

tsubasalover - Jun 16, 2021

33 by GearheadOtaku »»
Mar 11, 1:00 AM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Fundo no Shinpan Episode 22 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2021

36 by GearheadOtaku »»
Mar 11, 12:17 AM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Fundo no Shinpan Episode 21 Discussion

tsubasalover - Jun 2, 2021

35 by GearheadOtaku »»
Mar 10, 10:58 PM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Fundo no Shinpan Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 26, 2021

65 by GearheadOtaku »»
Mar 10, 1:10 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.