Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Seven Deadly Sins
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 16, 2021 2:22 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Doll guy commented in his interpretation of why witch girl, who is fighting against that cat now, was keeping her wish secret until now.

The cat returning even if the king cuts it. It told him to see his broken country w. chaos power, so that he doesn't have will to fight.

Everyone caught up to save them. KajiKaji's character told witch girl to protect king from the crime to revive chaos, and everyone would protect them.

The cat getting them into imagination. KajiKaji's character, who saw him marrying princess and facing the cat after her dying old w. everyone's gone, is first to return from it.

Chaos (cat) vs. Chaos (the king). The king's wish to make an eternal kingdom, and chaos cat admitting chaos is paradox and became weak.

KajiKaji's character supporting the king's wish.

One more ep.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jun 16, 2021 2:24 AM

Nov 2011
Aye, Meliodas and his classic Full Counter. So handy when you need it.

Arthur had a lot to prove this episode but he also seems to have finally made peace with the Seven Deadly Sins. I guess this anime is going to head off with a happy ending of sorts? Only one episode left now.
Jun 16, 2021 9:52 AM

Jul 2017
Would the Seven Deadly Sins have trusted Merlin all this time, when she has hiding the FINAL truth about resurrecting Chaos? If it wasn't then, now's the time to set aside the prejudice and fight together with Merlin and King Arthur against Cath Palug and the curse that is Chaos within it.

Like Zeldris, Arthur is easily manipulated in the imagination phase, and not even Meliodas's Full Counter can fully destroy Chaos. But if they work together, they can accomplish the impossible.

All's well that ends well for everyone, and even Meliodas and Elizabeth's ripe old age after 3,000 years...NOT. Chaos is stilll wrangling around in the real world...and Meliodas almost stemming away from the illusion of Chaos.

The real draw with King Arthur and overcoming Chaos, he's beginning to be like Meliodas in his thinking, and he did just that to get his Chaos power back and build his eternal kingdom.

Final episode to go, this manga is almost finished with its adaptation.
Jun 16, 2021 11:19 AM
Feb 2021
It just didnt really hit, it wasnt bad it just lacked something
Jun 16, 2021 12:06 PM

May 2012
My thoughts on this episode and this mini story arc - what the hell was the point of that.
Jun 16, 2021 12:31 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
I wish the future timeline was the real thing, I don't want to see that annoying Cath but Elizabeth and Meliodas' wedding xD only one episode left and it's finished for real wow
Jun 16, 2021 12:39 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
s_relva said:
My thoughts on this episode and this mini story arc - what the hell was the point of that.

Exactly my thoughts, lmao. While it's good to finally have the spotlight on Merlin, the arc as a whole was just underwhelming.

Seeing Meliodas and Elizabeth marry was a nice treat though but it's kind of sad that none of the members made it to the ceremony. Yeah, that explanation didn't really work for me. Also, the abrupt pacing made it kind of ridiculous in the end. Did Cathy activate the spell while time was frozen or what?
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jun 16, 2021 2:23 PM

Jul 2016
I just don’t know what to say lol. It’s really sad where this series ended looking back at S1&S2. The whole chaos thing was introduced just to get a new final villain that literallly transcends life and death and when the 7ds hear that, they say let’s beat the shit out of him, this shit is insane. I can’t take S3&S4 seriously, I will just think that it failed at adapting the manga, but won’t probably read it just in case it would dig the grave even deeper.
7x
Jun 16, 2021 2:47 PM
May 2020
The idea of introducing the concept of chaos would have been interesting if it covered more episodes. Unfortunately, this resulted in a very poor gamble, mainly because the antagonist of this part didn't fill the expectations.

The hallucination presented in the episode just served to waste time, taking into account that they will quickly solved the problem.

I'm not usually hard towards criticizing series, but I reached a point of watching Nanatsu no Taizai just because I got used to it.

At least there is only one episode left.
Jun 16, 2021 6:14 PM
Nov 2019
they got me with the timeskip thing...anyways looks like merlin isn't going to die. they just forgave her like i expected it's a shonen after all anyways rip escanor man u died for no reason bcs of that bitch fuck merlin all my homies hate on merlin.
Jun 16, 2021 11:32 PM
Oct 2019
They got me on the first half not gonna lie. I was starting to think why events are so rush. Turns out it was just a vision.

Cath dialogue really reminds me of Kefka from Final Fantasy VI. Even his reasoning reminds me of him. Makes me think Cath was inspired by him. Funny that they had a hard time fighting a cat though.
Jun 17, 2021 2:24 AM

Jun 2019
At last, Cathe has been absorbed by Arthur and now is inside of Arthur. Good to see that Seven Deadly Sins came back for Merlin and Arthur. You can't leave your friends behind like that. Looks like this is going to be a happy ending for the crew. But, they really bamboozled me with that Meliodas x Elizabeth wedding for a short while. LOL

One more episode left.
Jun 17, 2021 1:11 PM
Jul 2018
Arthur's cat was a really good opponent for the seven deadly sin it was a really good episode, with several interesting cool fights next episode is the last how will the outcome be Seven deadly sin.
Jun 19, 2021 4:14 PM

Nov 2012
They got me with the time jump. I was really pissed.

I don't really see the point or the need. It kind of ruined Escanor's last scene. I kept looking at Merlin's scar thinking she didn't deserve it.
Jun 20, 2021 9:01 PM

Mar 2013
People before: "Man, this Demon King stuff is boring, it's dragging on too long!"
People now: "This Cath stuff was way too fast!"
Jun 20, 2021 10:55 PM

Oct 2017
And the final fight after the previous final fight is over. Next episode is finally finale and we'll finally get to see him.
Jun 21, 2021 5:53 AM

May 2018
Yeah that was a strange battle. I also want to see a Kingdom of Eternity :D
Jun 24, 2021 7:26 AM

Apr 2018
Well the Cat Chaos is finally defeated by the King of Chaos aka Arthur. Seems like the ending will be a happy one. Well one episode left. The opening and ending of S4 were really good.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Jul 2, 2021 8:19 PM

Nov 2010
TBH, I agree with Cath. It's better to end things sooner than later. Why prolong the inevitable?
Sep 28, 2021 10:50 AM

May 2015
Why it feel like dark souls plot? :D
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Oct 13, 2021 9:05 AM
May 2020
Honestly that was a very strange last arc. It felt like they just wanted to add a one shot spin off at the end. I’m not mad at it though since the demon king arc had me so bored.
Oct 25, 2021 8:19 PM
Apr 2018
So this 'kid' is your chosen one! ----> I say "Full Counter" for now.

Nothing is more valuable than MELIODAS's kindness. He accepted MERLIN.

ELIZABETH x MELIODAS Finally!

"It's been a happy 3000 years. Don't be sad, MELIODAS. You're never alone." Didn't know that was an illusion ; was sure beautiful.

Looks like everything's settled, right!?
Oct 25, 2021 8:21 PM
Apr 2018
"Energy can neither be created, nor be destroyed. It only changes forms."

That's how they defeated CATH, which was more than something physical.
Jan 6, 2022 7:38 PM

Aug 2018
Damn, I fell so hard for the hallucination XD

Mar 31, 2022 10:46 PM
Oct 2019
i just want this to end. i fast forwarded through large portions of this episode
May 7, 2022 12:43 PM

Jan 2020
Well, that was something.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Nov 16, 2022 11:59 AM

Dec 2018
darling in the franxx levels of stupid and unnecessary.
Nov 16, 2022 12:00 PM

Dec 2018
MxS7HGS said:
TBH, I agree with Cath. It's better to end things sooner than later. Why prolong the inevitable?

because destruction and creation go hand in hand. the process of being is more important than either. are you saying it's okay to slaughter kindergartners because they'll die anyways? what a sophomoric belief. Also creation is just as chaotic as destruction. You can't have chaos without both, otherwise you'd have a system of order and therefore not chaos.
Nov 16, 2022 5:42 PM

Nov 2010
StateofOhayo said:
MxS7HGS said:

because destruction and creation go hand in hand. the process of being is more important than either. are you saying it's okay to slaughter kindergartners because they'll die anyways? what a sophomoric belief.

Sophomoric. lol I could say the same thing about what you just said, but yeah, let's just agree to disagree.

If Cath's method of ending everything is painless, I say go for it. Existence is just suffering anyways. For many people, they're all just living to die one day. All their struggles are for nothing in the end and they're just too afraid to admit it. They turn to religion or the same kind of philosophy you have to give meaning to their lives, but the fact still remains that we'll die and disappear as if we didn't exist at all. Just like the 100+ billion who have died already. We don't even remember or care about them, except for geneticists, I guess. lol
Nov 16, 2022 6:20 PM

Dec 2018
MxS7HGS said:
StateofOhayo said:

because destruction and creation go hand in hand. the process of being is more important than either. are you saying it's okay to slaughter kindergartners because they'll die anyways? what a sophomoric belief.

Sophomoric. lol I could say the same thing about what you just said, but yeah, let's just agree to disagree.

If Cath's method of ending everything is painless, I say go for it. Existence is just suffering anyways. For many people, they're all just living to die one day. All their struggles are for nothing in the end and they're just too afraid to admit it. They turn to religion or the same kind of philosophy you have to give meaning to their lives, but the fact still remains that we'll die and disappear as if we didn't exist at all. Just like the 100+ billion who have died already. We don't even remember or care about them, except for geneticists, I guess. lol

okay shopenhauer but don't apply that to everything. i did 3 years of philosophy and i'm probably at least a decade older than you. to say we didn't exist at all is quite a misunderstanding not only of metaphysics but of cultural ideas. if you are that desperate to die, take that upon yourself, though i wish you wouldn't. but to apply that to 7+ billion people is the height of arrogance. you know literally fucking nothing and should not be allowed an opinion until you see a psychiatrist.
you view life as pluses and minuses cancelling out at the end; you fail to see that chaos is also creation, and that life has meaning whether you like it or not. even if you decide to give up and die on the roadside that will have meaning to someone else. your arrogant and ignorant understanding of metaphysics and ontology and existentialism is your own fault but you should fix your shit before you decide "hey maybe everyone should die because i'm miserable", which is exactly the crux of YOUR issue. please get help and find joy.
Nov 16, 2022 9:12 PM

Nov 2010
StateofOhayo said:
but to apply that to 7+ billion people is the height of arrogance. you know literally fucking nothing and should not be allowed an opinion until you see a psychiatrist.

I'm entitled to my opinion, but yeah, I didn't say anything like that. If you & other people have found meaning in your lives, I'm happy for you guys. I have nothing against people who wants to exist. I'm just saying I'm on Cath's side. It means nothing anyway since he's fictional and there's no way to end the universe in an instant. You took my radical views way too seriously.

StateofOhayo said:
life has meaning whether you like it or not.

Sure, to you, your family, and circle of friends. I agree, but in the grand scheme of things, the fact remains that our lives are nothing, whether you like it or not. I've read that our most recent common ancestor is some guy who lived in the BCE or so. What about the other people who lived and died beside him/her who's lineage unfortunately ended? there's no trace of them left. They aren't even in our genes. lol

StateofOhayo said:
if you are that desperate to die, take that upon yourself

That's the plan. I'm not yet desperate and I still have some things to do. But yeah, my gun is always ready.

Anyway, I rest my case. Thanks for the discussion. I really wanted to get some of these thoughts out.
Mar 11, 2023 1:51 AM

Apr 2013
What a boring ass conclusion, but at least this "arc" ended. At least it seems the pointless fighting has ended and we can get the conclusion to the season next episode.
Sep 19, 2023 1:25 PM
Apr 2023
The future scene really had me confused as if the writing was that bad they ended it just like that. But luckily not. It was pretty satisfying to see Cath finally be defeated. It’s still all a little sudden but I enjoyed it. No idea how the Sins got into the Chaos World again tho
Mar 11, 1:00 AM

Sep 2023
😳 Holy shit the mods here are lax. Bro be talking about deleting himself irl a few comments up. Wtf!?

----------

Hooo boy, that fake out had me going, I was just stunned... It was incredibly surreal seeing Elizabeth die, and Cath saying everyone was dead. Fuuuuuck. Glad it was a juke.

So like, I have no idea how they will end this with the next (read: last) episode. Super anxious right now, ngl.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Fundo no Shinpan Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Jan 13, 2021

96 by selgoku »»
Apr 11, 2:35 PM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Fundo no Shinpan Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jun 23, 2021

103 by GearheadOtaku »»
Mar 11, 2:22 AM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Fundo no Shinpan Episode 22 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2021

36 by GearheadOtaku »»
Mar 11, 12:17 AM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Fundo no Shinpan Episode 21 Discussion

tsubasalover - Jun 2, 2021

35 by GearheadOtaku »»
Mar 10, 10:58 PM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Fundo no Shinpan Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 26, 2021

65 by GearheadOtaku »»
Mar 10, 1:10 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.