Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 20, 2021 8:36 PM

Dec 2020
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
as soon as i finished the episode, i had to instantly make a discussion. im speechless. wow

Mod Edit: Modified title for clarity and/or easier searching.
anime-primeJul 14, 2021 5:33 AM
May 20, 2021 8:49 PM
Jan 2021
Yup, I cried this episode. I actually believed him at the time when Lu Guang said he'd help Cheng Xiaoshi save the Chen Xiao's mom, but thinking about it now, obviously he wouldn't bend the rules just cause. Felt awful for Cheng as him wanting to save the mother was tied into his own personal feelings of his own mother. He really thought he would succeed, but it was all a ruse by Lu Guang to keep time correct.

For some reason, I thought Liu Meng survived when I saw the wedding ring and then his kid at the end of the episode. But obviously, he had just continued living his life and married someone else. I was just hoping a little too hard for an unexpected positive outcome in a a rather inevitably somber outcome.

I bet the police cliffhanger will hook us back to Emma's death from Episode 1.

Because this series is an ONA (Original Net Animation), episodes can be however long they have to be and it is present here in the form of this episode having the longest runtime so far.
May 20, 2021 9:04 PM

Jan 2021
As expected, they were not going to believe him....
He couldn't save her, but at least smth important could be saved (ಥ﹏ಥ)
The police? This is going to be very interesting. It may be smth related with Emma 0.0
Whew, I almost cried at this episode again. Very good episode
May 20, 2021 10:16 PM

Apr 2015
As expected no one believed him and he couldn't save the mom anyways. Still sad to watch though, I almost teared up when the mom was left in the rubble. But at least going back to the past wasn't entirely useless, the camera was a good save. Overall really great episode, the OSTs were spot-on as well. Looking forward to the next episode, I wonder what kind of request the police has in store for the MCs.

"As promised, all that you seek, all that we desire, is prepared up there. On top of the Tower."
May 21, 2021 1:05 AM

Oct 2008
oh so dramatic!
no oh...looks like the police knows about their stuff!
5/5.

May 21, 2021 1:07 AM

Feb 2021
The last three episodes were kind of slow ( i feel like 3 and 4 could've been one episode) but i loved this one all the more, esp with how the architect singing his son to sleep mirrored how his mom did so when she was dying.

But the boy rlly went thru so much trauma :( i'm sure he felt really betrayed by Lu Guang

And also, CALLED it. I knew a police officer was gonna come into the store and ask for help. I feel like now they're gonna try to solve the murder of the lady from episode one and hunt the killer :D
obscure anime for u idiots to watch right NOW
1.Odd Taxi WATCH THIS!!!!!
2.LINK CLICK super underrated!! (chinese, foto-time travelling, emotional stories dope music)
3.Mashiro no Oto if u like traditional jap banger music

please support Cherry&virgin if u can!!
May 21, 2021 1:28 AM
Jul 2018
Best episode so far! Full of emotion. I touched and agreed Cheng's feelings, people bonds. Insert song also godly.
This show is definitely getting better and keeps my interest. Dramatic and sad...
May 21, 2021 4:38 AM
Jan 2021
this show just keeps getting better and better!! fully cried watching this ep!  🥺🥺
May 21, 2021 6:41 AM

Dec 2015
This episode was so good. The show just keeps getting better and better, I'm absolutely in love with it. Hope it won't disappoint.
May 21, 2021 6:54 AM
Nov 2016
thanks show for making me cry my eyes out T_T
from one side I really agree with the harsh Lu Guang, yeas it sucks they will die but it better than changing and kill others in future events. imagine how much fuck up the future will be if he decided to change it only based on his own personal emotions and whins.
but from the other side, I can't help feel emotional with Cheng Xiaoshi and cry with him T__T my baby boy. I wish he could save them without any price, but it isn't possible.

this series is a masterpiece! how is it so many people sleep on this one? ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!
May 21, 2021 8:59 AM
Apr 2021
I thought the pacing was kinda slow for the last two episodes, but with this incredible ending to the 3-parter I feel like the choice was totally justified.
It just hit so much harder since we spent 3 episodes getting to know these people
good stuff, good writing

hyped for next episode, perfect cliffhanger - short 'n' sweet
May 21, 2021 11:07 AM
Jul 2020
well this episode freaking DESTROYED me. just really really strong emotions here. when the main character was crying into his friend's shirt i was bawling
May 21, 2021 11:43 AM

Jan 2010
I really don’t think this arc needed a full 3 episodes, eps 3 and 4 were painfully slow paced and dragged out. I also gotta wonder why the client who the black-haired mc(impossible for me to remember anyone’s name in this show) was possessing the entire time, didn’t tell the shop The whole story? iirc all he told them was to deliver a message for him, not that his mother would die in a earthquake. And since black-haired mc lost his own parents to an earthquake, he has to re-live that trauma. Unless the white-haired mc knew all along, but didn’t say anything to black-haired mc. Dick move right there.
But I guess you could argue, that if the black-haired mc knew the outcome of his mission from the beginning, he’d act totally different and may not want to cooperate.

Still seems unfair that he has to be the one to go through all the suffering and trauma, while the white-haired mc is just a spectator. Idk how the black-haired mc doesn’t have serious PTSD from what he’s had to been put through emotionally.

With how this episode ended, I won’t be surprised if the two mcs “break up” if black-haired mc gets too fed up. White-haired mc is hardly sympathetic to what his friend is going through, he definitely deserved that punch! Be curious to see if he also has some tragic backstory, but shuts off his emotions, which is why he comes off as so cruel and cold with his “rules are rules” attitude.

This show is so nasty with its cliffhangers lol. I agree with others that it be interesting if the police officer is working on the case of the woman from the first episode who was murdered. Instead of him being there to shut them down and arrest them. I’m sure what they are doing is technically not legal....since this is only 11 episodes right? I’d prefer to see the remaining episodes be focused on the same arc until the finale
giveup-the-ghostMay 21, 2021 11:53 AM
May 21, 2021 12:51 PM

Apr 2018
giveup-the-ghost said:
I really don’t think this arc needed a full 3 episodes, eps 3 and 4 were painfully slow paced and dragged out. I also gotta wonder why the client who the black-haired mc(impossible for me to remember anyone’s name in this show) was possessing the entire time, didn’t tell the shop The whole story? iirc all he told them was to deliver a message for him, not that his mother would die in a earthquake. And since black-haired mc lost his own parents to an earthquake, he has to re-live that trauma. Unless the white-haired mc knew all along, but didn’t say anything to black-haired mc. Dick move right there.
But I guess you could argue, that if the black-haired mc knew the outcome of his mission from the beginning, he’d act totally different and may not want to cooperate.

Yeah, Lu Guang (white hair) for sure knew about the earthquake all along, one way or another. It's been established that he uses his futuresight on every photo before sending Cheng Xiaoshi into it and ngl, out of the two of them he strikes me as the one to actually talk to their costumers lmao so he might've been told about the earthquake as well.
I feel like the deal here is probably that Lu Guang scouts out the mission and Cheng Xiaoshi trusts him to fill him in on all the important details and lead him thru the encounters. Something that clearly came to bite him in the ass this time
But I agree that he probably didn't tell him about it because it was pretty clear how Cheng Xiaoshi is going to react and he prioritised the case over his friend. No kidding, he absolutely deserved to be punched for that one.

I'm mostly just curious how long they've been doing this? Because on one hand it seems like they've got all this shit down to a T and a whole business set up and everything, but on the other Cheng Xiaoshi has been acting out during p much every case so far, which seems like it would've become a problem rather quickly

[edit]
I am also wondering about what Lu Guang's deal is. He keeps bringing up the fact that they could lose the lives they have now in such a way that it makes me think there's something more he's saying with it, but i can't figure out if by "we" he means the entire humanity - as in, the future could be changed drastically, and that's a problem - or if he means "we" as in the two (or three, ig) of them specifically, and he doesn't want that to change.
He doesn't smell of abandonment issues, so i'm curious what that's about.
elanyMay 21, 2021 12:57 PM
May 21, 2021 12:59 PM

Jan 2010
elany said:
giveup-the-ghost said:

Yeah, Lu Guang (white hair) for sure knew about the earthquake all along, one way or another. It's been established that he uses his futuresight on every photo before sending Cheng Xiaoshi into it and ngl, out of the two of them he strikes me as the one to actually talk to their costumers lmao so he might've been told about the earthquake as well.
I feel like the deal here is probably that Lu Guang scouts out the mission and Cheng Xiaoshi trusts him to fill him in on all the important details and lead him thru the encounters. Something that clearly came to bite him in the ass this time
But I agree that he probably didn't tell him about it because it was pretty clear how Cheng Xiaoshi is going to react and he prioritised the case over his friend. No kidding, he absolutely deserved to be punched for that one.

I'm mostly just curious how long they've been doing this? Because on one hand it seems like they've got all this shit down to a T and a whole business set up and everything, but on the other Cheng Xiaoshi has been acting out during p much every case so far, which seems like it would've become a problem rather quickly

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. Since the first episode, CX seems annoyed most of the time when he has to carry out these missions, like he doesn’t want to follow the rules to a T and etc. If they’ve been doing this for years, you’d think he’d be more levelheaded and go with the flow better instead of always arguing with LG on almost every step of the mission. Unless that’s just his personality.

In that flashback scenes when CX and LG first met, they looked exactly the same age-wise, so maybe it hasn’t been that long that they’ve been doing this. Also wondering if we’ll ever get an explanation how they have these supernatural powers to begin with. The official info I’ve seen translated about this show doesn’t give any clues...
May 21, 2021 1:13 PM

Apr 2018
giveup-the-ghost said:
elany said:

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. Since the first episode, CX seems annoyed most of the time when he has to carry out these missions, like he doesn’t want to follow the rules to a T and etc. If they’ve been doing this for years, you’d think he’d be more levelheaded and go with the flow better instead of always arguing with LG on almost every step of the mission. Unless that’s just his personality.

In that flashback scenes when CX and LG first met, they looked exactly the same age-wise, so maybe it hasn’t been that long that they’ve been doing this. Also wondering if we’ll ever get an explanation how they have these supernatural powers to begin with. The official info I’ve seen translated about this show doesn’t give any clues...

Cheng Xiaoshi is supposedly 21 and since they met in HS i guess the timeframe we're working with is between 2 and 5 years since they might've started doing this? Which seems like plenty of time to get your issues sorted out or quit. Altho I suppose they could've started the business recently and these issues weren't as much of a problem if they were just messing around with photos from the day before or something. But i'm hard pressed to believe any teen would have that kind of restraint lmao

Man, yeah, that's another mystery, innit? I wonder if we'll ever get a proper explanation. I'm super curious about it all but ngl, on the other hand i'm fine never knowing, if they spend the time on the actual plot instead. After all, if how their powers work isn't important to the story, then there's more important stuff to spend screen time on /shrug
May 21, 2021 8:03 PM
Sep 2017
Wow - that episode ripped my heart out. Such great acting from the VAs and the characters’ expressions were very well portrayed - you could just feel his absolute sense of helplessness, desperation and despair. I definitely cried.
May 21, 2021 10:13 PM
May 2021
There's something about Lu Guang that makes his character interesting. I think he is like the tsundere type. He betrayed Cheng Xiaoshi just to not alter their present but I still like him.

Ending was surprising tho. As usual, my mouth was opened due to shock then the banger ED played.
May 21, 2021 10:27 PM

Feb 2020
This case was really slow, would've liked it more if it was condensed into 2 eps. Also it seems like white haired mc was really stringing black haired mc along the whole case (not telling him about the earthquake, lying about saving the mom). Giving how traumatizing it ended up being, that was definitely a dick move, I wonder if they'll explain what his reasons were behind that & why he's so fixated on their rules. I get how meddling could make bad outcomes in some cases (like ep 1 obv) but I don't understand how warning the town or saving someone could possibly make a worse outcome than the one where most of the town dies in the earthquake.
May 21, 2021 11:42 PM

Feb 2018
Amazing. Some people are saying ep 3 to 5 should be condensed into 2 episodes, but I find them perfect as they are.
I can't imagine how they can be condensed without losing the feel.
'I have no bonds tying me down. That's why I can see things as they are!!' - Yugami
May 22, 2021 12:24 AM

Dec 2020
ah.. yeah. knew it was coming but it still hit hard. showing the town before the earth quick hit, the characters that we've seen for the past 2 episodes, knowing they'll be dead. that scene with his mom dying fucking broke me. her touching him, trying to comfort him even at times like that, and suddenly stopping. man that was a great episode

police is here ? interesting to see how thatll go
May 22, 2021 8:55 AM

Nov 2013
man what an amazing episode, it was heartbreaking that he couldn't save anyone as he just watched it happen
May 22, 2021 2:27 PM

Dec 2020
Holy shit this show is good.
May 22, 2021 6:10 PM
Jun 2020
The music in this anime slaps. Besides the OP & ED, the music they put in each episode is so good. Does anyone have a full list of the songs used throughout the anime? Specifically for this episode, when they are having the flashbacks towards the end of the episode when she says 'Let's pinky promise' - what song is that? it hit so hard.
May 22, 2021 8:04 PM
Jan 2015
redtitan47 said:
well this episode freaking DESTROYED me. just really really strong emotions here. when the main character was crying into his friend's shirt i was bawling

Same oh my fucking God, I did the mistake of catching up with the last two episodes before going to sleep, I have never cried so hard and so much in my life for a fictional content :(((( I was crying for the whooole second part of the episode y u du dis
But still an amazing donghua <3
May 23, 2021 1:08 AM

Mar 2016
BAWLED my eyes out. 10/10
May 23, 2021 8:20 AM
Jul 2018
though i was just getting really anxious and tearing up a little bit at the start the entire second half of the episode had me WEAK i swear i was shaking and bawling my eyes out oml idk why i felt so many strong feelings in this episode but this shit really broke me man,,

also that cliffhanger oof
May 23, 2021 3:38 PM

Nov 2015
Oh damn my feels
I cried to the point I had to pause the episode hahaha... TT

I initially clicked on this show by mistake but damn I got hooked up so good, I just binge watched the first 5 episodes. It's really good so far.

I feel so sorry for Cheng, all the feelings between his own and the client's ones. It must be unbearable. I totally understand how it can overtake his reasoning and make him act like that even if Guang tells him to stop.

I have a bad feeling about the following episodes... Emma's situation keeps coming back. Someone protect Cheng. T-T
May 24, 2021 7:21 AM
Oct 2019
Ok before this episode, the whole show to me is just average af and i watched it just to kill time. BUT HOLY SHIT THIS SHOW IS BECOMING REALLY GOOD NOW.This episode hit me like a truck and i almost cry too.Hope this is not a show where is has one fucking beautiful episode and then screw the following ones
May 25, 2021 8:23 AM

Jan 2021
This episode really made me cry, it was so sad. I can't wait to see more and the OP/ED are so amazing
May 25, 2021 12:34 PM
Mar 2021
Me too. Rushed over here to say this had me BAWLING. the way its invitable and heartbreaking but he got to deliver the words and make parting (easier??) sort of put the architect's regrets away. Hearing his delivered words was a bit of a shock for me I enjoyed knowing that those were private esp bc the coming end but it was interesting!

I think many people would kill for a service like that, lots of regrets sewn into time. I know I would.

The police showing up is intriguing I hope they focus on that, mostly because I can't go on crying like this every week!
Great ep, tore me up. Cant wait for the next one.

May 25, 2021 12:35 PM
Mar 2021
Hyskoa_Morroh said:
This episode really made me cry, it was so sad. I can't wait to see more and the OP/ED are so amazing

Me too. Rushed over here to say this had me BAWLING. the way it's inevitable and heartbreaking but he got to deliver the words and make parting (easier??) sort of put the architect's regrets away. Hearing his delivered words was a bit of a shock for me I enjoyed knowing that those were private esp bc the coming end but it was interesting!

I think many people would kill for a service like that, lots of regrets sewn into time. I know I would.

The police showing up is intriguing I hope they focus on that, mostly because I can't go on crying like this every week!
Great ep, tore me up. Can't wait for the next one.
May 26, 2021 6:44 AM
Oct 2020
this is way better than most seasonals rn ngl.
May 26, 2021 10:39 AM
Nov 2016
giveup-the-ghost said:
elany said:

I think there is a big difference that you need to understand: CX is the one who experiences the events, he feels the person's feelings, he can feel the people touch. and with his punk ass personality of course he will try to go against the rules. this won't change no matter how many years cause it is the experience he feels in those moments! he can't discount himself from events he goes into and at the end of the day, they do it for money not to save people's lives.

LG on the other hand is a very calm and not very caring person. and what he sees is more like watching a movie, he sees it from a distance but it doesn't mean he can feel the same things as CX feels. it totally different when you watching "events" in a movie form and actually experience said events in real-time in front of your eyes. that explains why LG try so hard to tell CX to get out of the picture as fast as possible! he didn't try to be a dick, but he knows CX personality pretty well so he didn't have a choice not to tell him so they can earn their money.

has for why LG so strict for the rules - dude think about it this way, this is time travel! if you save a life just cause you felt like it, 10 lives can disappear in the future! you don't want to mass with this! and it isn't worth it either! LG is right for keep sticking to the rules cause they didn't get hired to save people! they got hired to get money from their client fulfill his wish! no more then that.
Ko-meJun 23, 2021 7:13 AM
May 27, 2021 6:31 PM
Apr 2021
this is my first reply on a discussion on here and i just have to say WOW i stayed crying in my sheets for a hot second after finishing it. maybe it's because the mother-son relationship is something that hits home for me but this show is REALLY GOOD and really underrated wow.
May 29, 2021 10:42 AM
Jul 2018
WeebyWeeber said:
The music in this anime slaps. Besides the OP & ED, the music they put in each episode is so good. Does anyone have a full list of the songs used throughout the anime? Specifically for this episode, when they are having the flashbacks towards the end of the episode when she says 'Let's pinky promise' - what song is that? it hit so hard.

the song is 时光教会我的 (what time taught me) by 邹俊健 (zou junjian), but i don't think it has been fully released yet outside of the episode :o
May 30, 2021 2:48 PM

Mar 2008
Look at these notes here.
120 votes, 114 five starts, 6 four stars.
Never seen a score so high before.

I really hope that we can at least see Emma again, even if she remains dead.
While watching I noticed her death would be the overreaching plot, the series was dropping subtly hints about some murderer out there with Ling Qiao's scenes (including the extra episode).
Jun 1, 2021 1:23 PM

Sep 2020
I knew this episode was going to be sad , so I prepared myself not to cry but I fall

Bro anime mom should be like this ngl I cried when MC's mom(this arc mc) died .

And the ending scene was so beautiful and emotional , I am in love with Chinese animation now
Jun 2, 2021 2:50 PM

Sep 2020
I cried so damn much, this show needs more attention.
Jun 3, 2021 8:15 AM

Mar 2008
Oussamabenzekou said:

I'm doing my part evangelizing it out there.
Jun 3, 2021 2:43 PM

May 2021
PaninaManina said:
Oussamabenzekou said:

I'm doing my part evangelizing it out there.

Bro I gotta thank you for getting the word out there, didnt cry that much since 3-gatsu no Lion. Love how they did the sequence in this episode

Jun 4, 2021 6:41 AM
Mar 2016
This one was so sad and depressing. Lu Guang is fortunate that he gets an outside perspective, so its a bit easier for him to say that you can't change anything. But Chen Xiaoshi is literally living through it, like he's that person, its so sad for him. He had to be traumatized.

But to a certain extent i think CXS brings it onto himself, he can exit whenever he's done with the job and he chose to stay and try to change things even though he knows that he can't/shouldn't. Lu Guang shouldn't have lied like that though, especially since I don't think it would have changed the outcome at all.

The hug after the punch was so sweet, I am glad that Lu Guang is not a fighter. He seems all cold, but he's actually very caring
Jun 4, 2021 4:20 PM

Mar 2008
I had not payed the deserved attention before because of all the emotional impact, but the future/present was changed.
Like Lu said in the episode 6 what they do is for the people in the present, not for the past.
Remember episode 3 when the client reached his hand to talk to Xiao on the street and Lu grabbed it? It was intentional to show us his left hand without a ring in it. Because of the messages Xiaoshi delivered he lived with less regrets and was able to move on with his life, "forgetting" his lost love and marrying and forming a family. When he enters the store in this episode is only to develop the film, he doesn't know Xiaoshi.

I wonder if this detail will be used again to change what happened in the first episode.
Jun 7, 2021 1:41 PM
Mar 2016
I was just rewatching and Lu Guang mentions something about not be able to escape the fate of death, im wondering does that mean that he knew that no matter what Cheng Xiaoshi did that the mother would not have been able to be saved? Or did he just try not to save her on purpose because changing the past is against the rules?
Jun 9, 2021 5:00 AM
Jan 2021
This episode had be crying, I could feel Cheng's pain when everyone didnt believe him but its like Lu Guang said, death is really something that can't be crossed, even if he did save them that day there's no telling how sooner they would've died anyway and that sucksssssss but im glad this series is going so well 5/5 episode
Jun 10, 2021 2:14 AM
Jan 2021
WaterzBailed54 said:

For some reason, I thought Liu Meng survived when I saw the wedding ring and then his kid at the end of the episode. But obviously, he had just continued living his life and married someone else. I was just hoping a little too hard for an unexpected positive outcome in a a rather inevitably somber outcome.

Actually.... just looked back at ep 3. He did not have a ring on his outstretched hand (he went to grab with purple highlights at the beginning). And we never saw her death on screen. She actually might have survived it. Even if she didn't and he just married someone else, the fact that they changed history to him getting married and having a kid is a pretty big change.

Of course this could always be an animation oversite but one can hope.

If I where to guess how it may have gone down is that the brother saved his sister's life similarly to how the mom did.
Jun 10, 2021 2:31 AM
Jan 2021
marsthedandelion said:
I was just rewatching and Lu Guang mentions something about not be able to escape the fate of death, im wondering does that mean that he knew that no matter what Cheng Xiaoshi did that the mother would not have been able to be saved? Or did he just try not to save her on purpose because changing the past is against the rules?

So from what I understand so far, it isn't that they can't change the past, it's that changing the past could change the future. And it seems that these "time nodes" are what allow small changes to not affect the future. This is probably to help explain away the paradox that would be created by doing the man's request. (If they do the request then why would he ask them to do something that's already been done thus undoing the change).
In the end time travel in shows tend to be very picky about what rules apply when. It appears though that in this world the butterfly effect is very weak. (Small choices don't effect the bigger outcome easily) This nature of time travel allows for them to be able to jump in and out of a frame of time without changing the bigger picture.
Tbh, they probably will end up trying to change the future at some point which will help give us more info on the nature of these time nodes. I'll be watching to see if it makes cohesive sense but more often than not time travel in stories are usually structured to fit a narrative rather than make cohesive sense in a world.
Jun 10, 2021 5:27 PM

Mar 2008
merlin2v said:
marsthedandelion said:

So from what I understand so far, it isn't that they can't change the past, it's that changing the past could change the future. And it seems that these "time nodes" are what allow small changes to not affect the future. This is probably to help explain away the paradox that would be created by doing the man's request. (If they do the request then why would he ask them to do something that's already been done thus undoing the change).
In the end time travel in shows tend to be very picky about what rules apply when. It appears though that in this world the butterfly effect is very weak. (Small choices don't effect the bigger outcome easily) This nature of time travel allows for them to be able to jump in and out of a frame of time without changing the bigger picture.
Tbh, they probably will end up trying to change the future at some point which will help give us more info on the nature of these time nodes. I'll be watching to see if it makes cohesive sense but more often than not time travel in stories are usually structured to fit a narrative rather than make cohesive sense in a world.

The key is the "nodes", I also think.
How Lu even knows what is a node? Must be because if the tries to feel how events will change if they do something differently he can't, because story changed too much and affect him. Or something like that, right?
Think about this, just by going there Xiaoshi is changing story. Changing little, but story is happening differently. The world must be able to absorb small changes over time, I think that it's similar Isaac Asimov's "The End of the Eternity". The protagonist works on a job that changes story, they go back in time to manipulate events to construct story to the way they like. When they change something only a period of time changes, like a wave being absorbed by the lake. That's why must have happening here in this Arc.
Pay attention that Shioshi never meet the client before the job, only after the job, so he wouldn't notice the ring or anything different, and the client also didn't mention the job they did for him not only because he never met Shioshi before, it's because for him he never went there as a result of the job beind done.

Jun 21, 2021 5:47 PM

Feb 2010
Not me sobbing at the end and losing it this episode lol it kinda...gave me your name vibes except in this anime when you change the past it can completely affect the future in a way you do not intend as we saw in episode 1. And so it's interesting how despite things not happening 'exactly as they did in the past'...the earthquake still ended up happening because death is inevitable in this world/

What really got me choking was the fact the dude spent all those years probably thinking of what he would say to these important people in his life and time as well as events really changes your perspective on people and what they mean to you. The mother part honestly was what sent me because there really is no love like one a mother has for their child. The way that cheng xiaoshi asked if he could save his mother made me think he was talking about his own? I thought it was interesting how he saw his own mother in her and the way he has to live the lives of so many people. I do think this would break him emotionally, and he seems like a very emotional person, and so I do wonder what his breaking point will be (more of my thoughts on this before).

----------
my thoughts about the plot and story so far(prediction)-
Like many people have been discussing...I wonder how cheng xiaoshi has been doing this with luguang for so long despite how he never likes to follow the rules. My first thought is that luguang knows him enough to understand what to tell him and what not to tell him during their missions. I know it's supposed to demonstrate the amount of trust they have for one another...but something tells me especially with this episode that there is bound to be a moment where that trust is shattered. It seems as if that trust is so strong yet fragile at the same time. I almost feel like Luguang disappearing a few moments (was it last episode) almost foreshadows something that might happen later on...

Perhaps Cheng Xiaoshi will, once again, act 'off script' and luguang who cares deeply about fulfilling the client's missions but also cares deeply about xiaoshi will end up making the judgement that has very dire consequences...possibly consequences for the both of them? I feel like we expect the person who makes that judgement to be cheng xiaoshi but it will be luguang in the end. Just my theory, and I just feel like the plot might go that direction (just a hunch), but yes. it was interesting reading other's thoughts about it.
EarlCielJun 21, 2021 5:52 PM
Jun 28, 2021 4:36 AM
Jun 2021
PaninaManina said:
merlin2v said:

The key is the "nodes", I also think.
How Lu even knows what is a node? Must be because if the tries to feel how events will change if they do something differently he can't, because story changed too much and affect him. Or something like that, right?
Think about this, just by going there Xiaoshi is changing story. Changing little, but story is happening differently. The world must be able to absorb small changes over time, I think that it's similar Isaac Asimov's "The End of the Eternity". The protagonist works on a job that changes story, they go back in time to manipulate events to construct story to the way they like. When they change something only a period of time changes, like a wave being absorbed by the lake. That's why must have happening here in this Arc.
Pay attention that Shioshi never meet the client before the job, only after the job, so he wouldn't notice the ring or anything different, and the client also didn't mention the job they did for him not only because he never met Shioshi before, it's because for him he never went there as a result of the job beind done.

What I wonder is how they got paid for the job if this client never came to them?
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» For anyone who hasn't yet seen this show and is about to watch it in Japanese Dub

kizumi91 - May 3, 2022

24 by Suri-Fox »»
5 hours ago

» Did this Anime get a ratings boost?

redfield-9 - Jun 4

8 by KayKimii »»
Jun 4, 7:16 AM

Poll: » Shiguang Dailiren Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ilalochezia - Apr 30, 2021

79 by Ba-Cii10 »»
Jun 1, 8:33 AM

Poll: » Shiguang Dailiren Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stardew - Apr 30, 2021

171 by Ba-Cii10 »»
Jun 1, 6:26 AM

Poll: » Shiguang Dailiren Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Jul 14, 2021

340 by WatchTillTandava »»
May 29, 8:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.