Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 13, 2021 9:44 PM
Nov 2020
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Interesting to see the personal connection Chen Xiaoshi has with the major time node of the picture: the 2008 Sichuan earthquake. How will this play out?

By the way, this webpage documents trigger warnings in the show.

Mod Edit: Modified title for clarity and/or easier searching.
anime-primeJul 14, 2021 5:33 AM
May 13, 2021 9:48 PM

Jan 2021
Aaa, really good episode (≧◡≦)
A bit of his past, quite sad. A coincidence also that it appeared in the same year 0.0
And again we are left at the most interesting part. Can't wait for next week to find out what he will do
May 13, 2021 10:31 PM
Apr 2021
good as usual
thought the pacing was a bit slow this episode though
May 13, 2021 11:56 PM
Jul 2018
I feel sorry for Cheng Xiaoshi. His past is very cruel. What are his true future and choice?
Anyways, storytelling is really marvelous. This hidden gem should get more attention.

ilalochezia said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
Interesting to see the personal connection Chen Xiaoshi has with the major time node of the picture: the 2008 Sichuan earthquake. How will this play out?

Thanks for told this show's official site! I finally could know synopsis, characters, others deeply.
removed-userMay 14, 2021 12:11 AM
May 14, 2021 12:55 AM
Feb 2019
Damn that first half really got me, i was a bit panicked thinking the worse possible turn of event!

and we can now see how pressured Cheng Xiao being overwhelmed with the past that can never be changed no matter what he try to do.

I can sense these two going to fight each other at the next episodes due to difference in perspective.
May 14, 2021 3:49 AM
May 2021
IT WAS REALLY GOOD, at first i didn't think I would enjoy it. Since I have been getting into other series, and forgot about it. It was kinda slow at the start, and it didn't really pull me in. But the ending was so thrilling like every ending of an episode, keeps you going for more can't wait for next one!
May 14, 2021 5:51 AM
Apr 2021
can't wait for the next episode!!
May 14, 2021 6:20 AM
Jan 2021
i am obsessed with this show!!! it keeps getting better and better every ep!!

the opening and end themes are soo good!! does anyone know if they are on spotify or something?? i cant find them anywhere lol
May 14, 2021 6:38 AM
Apr 2021
cliffhangers should be illegal, i mean how can we not want more after that ending! this show deserves more attention, its so underrated!
May 14, 2021 8:02 AM
Nov 2020
Xnovazero said:
I feel sorry for Cheng Xiaoshi. His past is very cruel. What are his true future and choice?
Anyways, storytelling is really marvelous. This hidden gem should get more attention.

ilalochezia said:

Thanks for told this show's official site! I finally could know synopsis, characters, others deeply.

You're welcome! Technically the webpage is fan-made, not official.
May 14, 2021 11:34 AM
May 2020
this episode was really interesting, seems like some good stuff is about to come
May 14, 2021 4:59 PM

Oct 2008
he is not fit for this! emotions are always gonna be a burden no matter what situation!

May 14, 2021 5:19 PM

Apr 2008
That's actually very clever. Didn't see that explanation coming. Enjoying this even with some rough translations.
May 15, 2021 1:40 AM

Nov 2013
he almost fucked it up but "thankfully" he didn;t change the past (although i kinda wish he could so he wouldn't have to suffer so much)
May 15, 2021 1:45 AM

Apr 2018
theGodde said:
good as usual
thought the pacing was a bit slow this episode though

Y'know, i thought about the pacing this episode - and also the last one, this arc has been going on for longer than the previous two despite the events being fairly mundane at a first glance.
But I think it might've been done on purpose to build dread and intrigue and I gotta say it worked on me at least. Before they dropped the earthquake bomb and cheng xiaoshi's connection to it, I was honestly getting so confused about what's up with this case, like when he said that something feels off, I felt that. It does also make sense to spend at least some time on these characters, before telling the audience that they're all about to die and there's nothing to be done about it.

That being said, lu guang, try communicating next time lmao that was one hell of a call he made
May 15, 2021 3:15 AM

Apr 2020
this show is just too underrated ...
May 15, 2021 4:51 AM
Apr 2021
neamhnaid said:
my favourite anime (if you can call this an anime?) this season. Such a unique artistic style and fascinating story.
May 15, 2021 9:56 AM
Mar 2021
I was half turned off by the lagging and mute dialogues, but once I understood what it's about, all that felt like a form of remorse. They were memories frozen in time. Memories that felt like forever. We could guess what the client wants to say to these people. We don't need to hear it. It's his private matter, his personal sorrow. The mute dialogues were for anyone who have lost their loved ones to fill in their own.
May 16, 2021 2:13 PM

Apr 2015
Wow, that big reveal near the end...everything makes sense now. I was initially dismayed at how white-hair kept claiming the future won't change no matter how much black-hair fucked up, but it's cause they're all gonna die anyways. What a tragedy. Interesting to see how it also ties into black-hair's past with his parents.

Shame that the subs aren't very accurate/comprehensible which takes a bit out of my enjoyment, but overall I'm enjoying this anime and I'm getting more intrigued by the story every episode. Wish Chinese anime in general aren't so slandered by the Western anime community, this show definitely deserves more popularity.

"As promised, all that you seek, all that we desire, is prepared up there. On top of the Tower."
May 18, 2021 3:31 PM
Mar 2021
It all makes sense now, why he desperately wanted to spend time with these people. Its very sad but I wonder how Xiao will get out of this one. Very tragic, it keeps me on my toes when getting attached to the people he meets.

at first i didn't understand why he would get so attached but then i remembered that he takes the memories and emotions of a person as well. A hard job but Xiao lets his feelings run his missions which is a dangerous thing to do. (Obvi lol)

great ep! Waiting for the next!
May 19, 2021 10:46 PM
Jul 2018
oml i loved it- it all seems to make sense now and i'm so hyped for the next ep
why is this show so underrated tho damn
May 20, 2021 9:24 AM
Jul 2018
never seen chinese anime before but this one is blowing my mind w each episode..defintely need to check out more
May 21, 2021 10:44 PM

Feb 2018
I find the white-haired at fault for this situation. He shouldn't have taken this case knowing about all these details. But well, then we wouldn't have gotten this amazing story.
'I have no bonds tying me down. That's why I can see things as they are!!' - Yugami
May 21, 2021 10:46 PM

Feb 2018
neamhnaid said:
AOTS AOTS AOTS AOTS

'I have no bonds tying me down. That's why I can see things as they are!!' - Yugami
May 21, 2021 11:57 PM

Dec 2020
what the hellll i rly thought he was gonna confess to the captain lmfao with the classic bike riding, pretty scenery, supporting music and all.

ah.. so the results can stay the same because they're gone in the end. fuck i didnt thought about that, its shit knowing that now damn
May 23, 2021 8:49 AM
Jun 2015
Came across this twitter thread that mentions a few interesting details https://twitter.com/Iangqiao/status/1393101858797867009 :

• Clouds in this scene are earthquake clouds:
  • There's a theory that the words were left out of the confession scenes for the people who lost loved ones in the 2008 Sichuan earthquake to be able to fill in the blanks themselves with the words they weren't able to say. This fits with the episode title "Confession".
  • Under the episode title, there's this line “gentle breeze blows through my hair, teach me how do i not miss her?” from a poem by liu bannong:
tenergy05May 23, 2021 8:53 AM
May 30, 2021 2:39 PM

Mar 2008
Beyond the emotional impact, was really clever how they keep us thinking what character action would be revealed as the "node" when it was something outside anyone's control.
Jun 5, 2021 11:57 AM

Feb 2021
This episode just kept getting better. In the first half, I thought they were just playing it safe with the whole "it's fine as long as you don't change the nodes" gimmick, so that complications of changing the past could be avoided.

I'm glad that wasn't the case, and this actually overlaps with the mc's past. Good stuff!
Jun 22, 2021 9:27 PM
Mar 2018
Damn, I had a feeling that things wouldn't make a difference. Wonder how Xiaoshi will react with his personality, seeing as he always alters the past based on his feeling.

Jun 25, 2021 7:24 PM
Feb 2021
This anime is fucking amazing! Everything about it, the animation (omg), the music (hell yeah), the story and the characters. I love the way that this weird time travel thing fuels and dictates the narration of the story. It's a shame it isn't getting the hype it deserves.
Jul 12, 2021 2:11 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
So Cheng Xiaoshi is personally lied to these pasts events (real life Wenchuan eartquake), that end of episode was so shocking, I'm really hyped now
Jul 13, 2021 12:07 PM

Apr 2018
Well they explained how the time travel works, quite useful.
The timeline almost changed but because the ending results stayed the same, nothing happend. Well, an earthquake is about to happen..
And that's connected to his past too, interesting.
SideCharacterKalJul 13, 2021 12:24 PM

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Jul 16, 2021 12:02 PM

Aug 2017
They're all gonna die anyways so the future cannot be changed! Amazing episode.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Aug 5, 2021 10:06 AM

Apr 2020
holy shit, this episode got me on the edge of my seat!!

so i guess this is where it really starts to peak...

┌─❈❇❈─┐

└─❈❇❈─┘

Aug 16, 2021 8:33 AM
Mar 2021
This is just too good
Sep 8, 2021 4:57 PM

Jan 2021
The whole time I was waiting to know what the messages were but it didn’t even matter because in the end everyone was going to die and them muting the messages when they we’re being said was like an indication that all of this is useless information to us and it changes nothing and I immediately thought of the guy who told them to do this job he knew doing this wouldn’t change anything he just wanted to get his peace and not regret anything

Dec 28, 2021 11:02 PM

Oct 2015
China really step up their game its seems
Jan 22, 2022 5:49 PM
Jul 2021
This is definitely a masterpiece. I fell in love with it
Feb 10, 2022 1:23 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
That explanation at the beginning was all I needed to be content with how the time travel worked. So in this world, you can kind of manipulate a certain period of time without any consequences. But if you go beyond that, and alter things in a more major way, THEN things will start to change. As long as the end event of a certain period of time isn't changed, the main timeline won't be changed either. JUST LIKE IN LOKI! They explained in well in the scene when they go back to Pompeii, if you watched the show. They go nuts and mess everything up right before the eruption, but it doesn't affect anything because right after, everything in the area is destroyed, an ending event, a node, if you will.

So in this case, the crossroads was either losing or winning the game- or so we thought. Seems that the outcome for his team was inevitable as the basketball hall was going to be torn down either way.

Deadass I thought when Guang Lu wasn't responding, we were going to get some Fight Club shit where one of the main characters was never real, only a hallucination.

Man Xiaoshi's got LEGS though. He just finished playing a basketball game, and is now cycling home, UPHILL, with what is probably a 180-pound dude on the backseat. wTF

I'm glad that apparently the node just required Xiaoshi to argue just for a little bit with the host's mother, before Guang Lu allowing him say more comforting words afterwards. AND THEN he proceeds to chow down on an entire fish and an entire chicken and rice, with his mom preparing noodles for him right after. SHEEEEESSHH

So, death is a node that CANNOT be changed no matter what... since it really is an END event. I was wondering if Xiaoshi ever considered entering a 2008 photo prior to the earthquake to save his parents. But apparently it isn't possible, but part of him still believes he can change things I guess. He did rush out to try and save the girl after all- but her fate has already been sealed.
BetaMaleUltraFeb 10, 2022 1:27 AM

NYANPASU
5700XT

Mar 18, 2022 9:16 PM
Nov 2016
So far it's a decent anime, I won't go crazy over it but it's enjoyable, I'll give it a 7.5/10 for now, if something happens later on and it blows my mind away, I may give it an 8/10 or more, let's see how everything plays out.

What I do dislike so far are those attempts to make a drama over something, for example, the previous episode had the captain playing basketball with an injured leg, we all know how that will play out, he will only hurt his leg more and cause even more drama, it's a cheap way of getting me emotionally attached to the moment and I don't like it.

Those moments cheapens the anime for me but so far it's enjoyable.
Apr 18, 2022 11:54 AM

Jun 2012
Haha going from Kuroko to Your name. Gotta love this show.
Jul 13, 2022 5:06 AM
Mar 2018
Holy shit, that twist came out of nowhere. I love this show.
Aug 25, 2022 12:12 PM

Mar 2010
:( Welp... So their mission was to send final messages from the guy to people he loved that died in the earthquake. Wonder what will happen next episode.
Aug 30, 2022 10:40 PM
Oct 2019
At first I was on the edge of my seat when I thought he changed the timeliness by winning the basketball game, and that it somehow severed his link to the other guy. Being trapped in the past via a photo would be terrifying

Then I questioned if that guy was reading him the actual messages that they were given, and I wondered why he might be changing it up

Then being reminded of his parent's death kind of startled me, before the unadulterated emotions and chaos that followed when he was attempting to prevent their deaths. They already got someone killed in episode 1, would it be any different if they un-kill someone now?

The guy that actually jumps into the photos, holy f*** that's gotta take a toll psychologically. To do that over and over again and know the things he knows
Oct 23, 2022 12:03 PM
May 2021
I am in love with this show, what a cliffhanger bro
Nov 5, 2022 9:02 AM
Apr 2021
this episode is so emotional
Jan 31, 2023 4:02 PM

Jan 2022
Lmaoo the Bilibili comment and anode/cathode references were perfect. What is with all the cliffhangers? I can't take it anymore!! Why is this anime so underrated? More people need to watch it! Its been great so far. I guess white haired guy was giving subtle hints the entire time which sucks because of dead parents and other people :( 

I do have to say that I wish they would've written what the guy said to everyone :(
cooldogmomJan 31, 2023 4:06 PM
This never updates so that's cool
Apr 12, 2023 8:16 PM
Apr 2023
too mejores donghuas del mundo y mejor anime de viaje en el tiempo
Jun 2, 2023 8:17 PM
May 2023
Mấy tập này hay vaizzz
Jun 13, 2023 10:24 PM

Jul 2021
Chen Xiao prepares for a decisive shot while Cheng Xiaoshi grapples with the consequences of altering the past. The basketball drops into the hoop, igniting Motor Factory High School's celebratory atmosphere and intensifying tensions with the Long Yang team. Cheng Xiaoshi's longing for Lu Guang's guidance adds a compelling layer of emotional depth, as their exchange exposes Lu Guang's purpose in teaching Cheng Xiaoshi a profound lesson about the risks of tampering with the timeline. Meanwhile, Chen Xiao receives his camera back from the chemistry teacher but faces disappointment when his hopes for more games are shattered. Before delivering a crucial message, Cheng Xiaoshi accompanies the injured Lu Hongbin home, showcasing his unwavering determination. At Lu Hongbin's house, a touching encounter unfolds between Chen Xiao, Liu Meng, Lu Hongbin's sister, and their client's former love interest. Cheng Xiaoshi yearns to express his feelings, but the interruption by Lu Guang adds to the complexity of the situation. As they walk together, Liu Meng opens up about her family, and Cheng Xiaoshi recites lines dictated by Lu Guang, amplifying the ambiance during the sunset. Chen Xiao's nighttime journey prompts Cheng Xiaoshi to question the repercussions of his words. At Chen Xiao's home, a heartfelt conversation led by Cheng Xiaoshi paves the way for reconciliation between Chen Xiao and his mother. In a pivotal moment, Cheng Xiaoshi uncovers a critical detail about the unchangeable time node, deepening the understanding of its significance. A flashback reveals a young Cheng Xiaoshi seeking solace from Qiao Ling after an earthquake tragedy, forging a stronger emotional bond between the characters. The episode concludes with Cheng Xiaoshi's sudden departure from the photo, propelling the narrative forward with a sense of urgency and suspense as he races out the door with his bicycle.
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shiguang Dailiren Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Jul 14, 2021

340 by WatchTillTandava »»
May 29, 8:47 AM

Poll: » Shiguang Dailiren Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

WaterzBailed54 - Jul 1, 2021

91 by nanajp »»
May 25, 3:25 PM

Poll: » Shiguang Dailiren Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

WaterzBailed54 - Jun 24, 2021

78 by nanajp »»
May 25, 3:02 PM

Poll: » Shiguang Dailiren Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

WaterzBailed54 - Jun 17, 2021

74 by nanajp »»
May 25, 2:42 PM

Poll: » Shiguang Dailiren Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

WaterzBailed54 - Jun 10, 2021

87 by nanajp »»
May 25, 2:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.