Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
To Your Eternity
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
May 4, 2021 9:35 PM
Mar 2021
The journey to Yanome and also the world building is really amazing. March is so cute. Parona plans to escape from Yanome with March and Fushi, I wish the plan a success.
May 4, 2021 11:27 PM

Oct 2008
oh god! for me this show still reigns supreme as the AOTS!
5/5.

May 5, 2021 8:18 AM
Mar 2021
is sissy gonna sacrifice herself for the little girl ? i feel like they hinted that in the end
May 5, 2021 11:55 AM
Oct 2017
I'm the only one who os concerned about they change dialogues and adapted 4 chapters than 2 as usual?
I really liked the episode but I wish they don't rush or change anything in the Future ;-;
May 5, 2021 3:42 PM
Oct 2013
owlpsycho said:
I'm the only one who os concerned about they change dialogues and adapted 4 chapters than 2 as usual?
I really liked the episode but I wish they don't rush or change anything in the Future ;-;
Just because they didn't adapt everything within the manga doesn't mean that it is rushed. It could easily be that they found whatever they cut was visible elsewhere through the medium of animation where it would've more than likely had to been shown as an actual dialog in the manga.

As well as it is an "Adaptation" afterall, it doesn't have to stay 100% true to the manga it could be that it would fit better in a different situation etc etc

I haven't read the manga, so I wouldn't know what was cut but I'd like to throw the idea out there that it is 2 different mediums therefore somethings are fit better different ways
May 5, 2021 4:37 PM
Jun 2013
thiago52192 said:
Really great episode. Even with little progression, the show always manages to make every little moment feel engaging and with some emotional impact.

I think it's safe to say there are only two anime capable of being the AOTS: Fumetsu no Anata e and Nomad: Megalo Box 2. Every other show is just below their level of quality. Although it seemed it would be an easy win for Fumetsu at the start, Nomad has been making episodes reaching perfection recently, to the point I got scared due to how good it was. Right now Nomad is my favorite, but Fumetsu proved already it can make an extremely powerful episode if it so desires. It's going to be a really interesting "fight" that I'm really glad to be able to enjoy two amazing shows this year.

Fruits Basket S3 is better than both ;)
May 5, 2021 7:08 PM

Aug 2018
AAaaaaahhhhhhhhh why is Parone so f*cking cute and why is Hayase so smoking HOT.

The pace is absolutely perfect, been a while since I felt like not a single second is wasted for filler.
May 6, 2021 7:57 AM
May 2020
kuwangpa said:
I was confused with the part of March cleaning up the bear. Was it somehow still alive (just knocked out), and March was given the task of trying to revive it? Like why was Hayase saying things like it doesn't matter if a young girl like March dies and stuff?

Parona's backstory is sad, and the shaman lady is perfect comedy relief.

Atavistic said:

Also, I'm very disappointed that this series' idea of fantasy world building is to make its first city basically a medieval Japan or something to that effect

Given that Yanome is supposed to be more "advanced" than Ninannah, the author was ingratiating and self-serving to purposely make Yanome a resemblance of medieval Japan, lol.

@Atavistic it actually make sense location wise how the author derived her setting is. Fushi's place is based in real life Eastern most par of Russia, Then the story travrled southwards with the sea at a frozen state Fushi arrives at Ninnanah. Ninnanah is based on Ainu villages in northernmost part of Japan, then going more southward is Yanome, (medieval japan).
May 6, 2021 8:06 AM
May 2020
_Endless_ said:
Good episode but I feel like it would have been better if the show was episodic or the arcs were shorter. Let's see how it turns out.

The people Fushi meets are purposely supposed to be not forgettable. I have watch anime that tracels to place per episode (Kino's Journey, elena, mushishi) they are good but I forget most of their encounters with the exeption of only few characters if no one teminds me of them.

Its hard to make a a lot of newly introduced characters always making an impact in one episode. That's why episode 1 is inique in this series. That is a hard one pull out consecutively throughout a long series.
May 6, 2021 8:15 AM
May 2020
owlpsycho said:

A change of dialougue most of the time are translation errors, might be the sub or the manga english translation itself. So basically it is just saying the same thing in japanese. And don't be paranoid of this being rushed. Like it is already concrete adaptation up to jananda arc (54 chapters).
And average adaptation of 60 chapters is 25 episodes so To your eternity is still better paced than most 25 episode animes
May 6, 2021 8:22 AM
Oct 2017
kidomaro said:
owlpsycho said:
Just because they didn't adapt everything within the manga doesn't mean that it is rushed. It could easily be that they found whatever they cut was visible elsewhere through the medium of animation where it would've more than likely had to been shown as an actual dialog in the manga.

As well as it is an "Adaptation" afterall, it doesn't have to stay 100% true to the manga it could be that it would fit better in a different situation etc etc

I haven't read the manga, so I wouldn't know what was cut but I'd like to throw the idea out there that it is 2 different mediums therefore somethings are fit better different ways

I understand but most when they start to do this, they can rush in the next episodes, this happens a lot with anime adaptations ://
But when I say they cut dialogues and etc, I DON'T say it the episode was bad :/ it wasn't bad at all
May 6, 2021 8:25 AM
Oct 2017
Sonson7 said:
owlpsycho said:

A change of dialougue most of the time are translation errors, might be the sub or the manga english translation itself. So basically it is just saying the same thing in japanese. And don't be paranoid of this being rushed. Like it is already concrete adaptation up to jananda arc (54 chapters).
And average adaptation of 60 chapters is 25 episodes so To your eternity is still better paced than most 25 episode animes
Okay then, I wish that bc isn't uncommon anime be rushed nowdays and I really liked Fumetsu so, well let's wait for next episode :)))
May 6, 2021 5:59 PM

Oct 2015
May 7, 2021 8:35 AM

Mar 2021
This isnt that sad but the story is ok-cool
May 7, 2021 2:30 PM

Jan 2019
Ehhhh, some very questionable censorship throughout the episode. Especially when Fushi escaped as the wolf with that strange sideshow of events... and cutting out a chunk of Black Hoods dialogue after that scene.

Pretty decent episode otherwise, hopefully the blu-ray will be uncensored.
"Never underestimate the stupidity of the average anime fan"
May 7, 2021 7:25 PM

Jan 2020
Nice episode, the plot is more interesting every week, so sad but interesting

Humans may have two eyes, but we can only see one thing
Don't use the scores to see an anime
ええい! なんでも やって やる
May 8, 2021 8:23 AM

May 2015
Parona > rest of cast. :D

Also, RIP Wininie the Pooh.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
May 8, 2021 9:19 AM

Nov 2013
man that was quite heartbreaking to see them getting thrown to jail like that and they thought they could live a peaceful life from now on, good thing that oneechan is so awesome and has a plan for getting them out of there!
May 8, 2021 7:47 PM
Jul 2018
5/5!

G-SUS! PEEERRRRFECT! CRYING INSIDE HERE... REALLY D';
May 8, 2021 7:56 PM

Dec 2016
When Fushi was being experimented upon, it reminded me of Ajin. It would be better if Fushi didn't transform and heal in front of people like that, it'll just gonna make people want to experiment on him.

March taking care of that bear and talking with it while cleaning and then saying “You're just a bear that likes human meat. People made a fuss about you and shot you with arrows and you really ended up looking like Oniguma-sama” this line was so touching.

Fushi repeating “arigatou” after every bite and in both forms was so cute.
May 8, 2021 8:53 PM
Feb 2015
off-season said:
I don't know... with every episode things have gotten more generic. Now they're eating takoyaki. Frankly I'm only curious about how the start of the whole story, up in the arctic, will figure in its ending - who those people were and stuff. The current characters, not so much.

You have to be some kind of buffoon to think this show is "generic"
May 9, 2021 3:01 AM

Feb 2018
I really hate that Hayase! What a nasty person. I really, really, REALLY wish something happens to her. She can't just walk away.
May 10, 2021 12:17 AM

Sep 2012
So far I'm really curious to know who the narrator is and for what reason he sent the "orb" to the world. Is he a god or smtn?
May 10, 2021 7:48 AM
May 2020
Pretty good episode. March and Fushi are in the big city now. I love the way Fushi learns stuff, it is very fascinating to watch. My only complaint about this episode is pacing. I didn't read a manga, but I can feel that they tried to put too much in it.

4/5 episode. I think I am starting to warm up to this show.
May 11, 2021 9:03 PM

Apr 2018
I knew it was too good to be true!
May 12, 2021 6:17 AM
May 2019
Pretty good episode, but whoever spoiled what happens in the next episode in the title of a discussion, I can safely say that I despise you
May 14, 2021 3:40 PM

Mar 2010
The situation seems real fucking dire. Idk if they will all come out alive out of this. And the gals plan seem to work in a logical way, but with emotions and blind tradition.. things won't go so smoothly.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
May 23, 2021 1:43 PM

Jul 2019
Cool episode.

Fushi learnt some new words. Wonder if his experience will make him kill without second thought in later episode.

Time to escape now tho.
May 25, 2021 2:30 AM

Oct 2017
Parona's a brave girl, I like her. Her backstory was pretty sad. Also I think Parona gonna proly die.
May 28, 2021 9:03 AM
Oct 2019
Hearing Tsuda Kenjiro voice as Narrator every episode already made me happy.
Love the man sexy voice.

Parona backstory, so that's why she didn't want March become to be sacrifice as well.
Jun 7, 2021 12:00 AM

Jul 2020
This episode is giving me a gist of what the real world was like centuries ago.I just love how they don't hold anything back when it comes to realism.However,I don't get what gets them to sacrifice children if they only want Ninnannah's lush and land.Can someone clear me up?
SkyLETV said:
That last thank you from the bear to March through Fushi made me feel bad for the bear. It's even worse when you realize that all those "it hurts" that Fushi kept repeating were also from the bear :'(

What?I thought it was just from the wolf who said Arigatou.I rewind it multiple times and still didn't get it was the bear who said Arigatou.

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Jun 22, 2021 12:19 PM
Oct 2019
this was stupid

that chick is spider man? NOPE

why bring those two girls back as if you're just going to throw them in prison the rest of their lives? should've killed them at that sacrificial altar when you had the chance. makes no sense

the wolf saying thank you didn't make sense. i see some are suggesting it was merely expressing the bear's thoughts as it died? i guess that could be true. but since when did this immortal thing learn to read minds?

this episode was whack
Jul 2, 2021 10:44 PM

Dec 2013
I had no idea Oniguma was still alive until they told March to look after it.
Jul 9, 2021 1:05 PM

Jun 2013
Criticiza said:
Backstab the backstabber by backstabbing the backstabber's people to backstab the backstabber that backstabbed your people by lying. Yup, did not expect that episode, honestly though march and co were going to be safe but instead used as chap labour and fushi was going to have Ajin scenes happen to him all over again!

EDIT- Just realised whilst recording and editing my video that after Fushi gets stabbed, that's when he synced with Onigura, since we see a white lightning bolt like thingy appear for a split second and that's why he kept saying it hurts repeatedly, since he was linked and when the arrows were removed then he could finally rest and said thank you. Makes more sense now lol

Whoa I had no idea. I thought initially from the previous episode that Oniguma was already dead. I'm such a fucking dumbass. I had no idea they were connected which makes Oniguma's passing way more heartbreaking but also touching. He thanked March for tending to him despite him almost killing her.

Man that guard was trying to pull a fast one but Parona was faster. I was wondering what that hairy face mask was. How could they see anything through it?
臭い-
Aug 30, 2021 11:38 AM
Mar 2012
Another good episode. For now this anime exceed my expectations by far. I can't wait to watch another episode to see how the relationship between March and The Stone will evolve - in what way - bad or good - will be there some dramatic twists or not. This is really some fresh air on the anime world, thank you, creators and mangaka.
Aug 31, 2021 3:21 PM
Oct 2020
Bruh I got super triggered everytime hayase held Fushi’s neck with the leash.
Sep 6, 2021 11:31 AM

Mar 2016
Easy isn't it? In a world full of uncivilized, uneducated and uncultured individuals, it's so easy to fool an entire tribe for multiple generations of an idea revolving around a twisted tradition with sick rituals, not because they wanted to offer life to their god. But as a way to psychologically manipulate and take over anothers' land. How ironic is it that the most developed city in the region turned out to be built atop a mountain of lies and spilt innocent blood.

Meanwhile, Fushi is learning slowly, but surely, he can sense pain but merely as a way to sense incoming danger from his immediate surrounding, unlike normal humans who associate pain with extreme discomfort.

Perona's efforts to save March is already valiant enough, but it's further justified as to why she has so much determination. Her brief backstory about her older sister was such an effective way to show her character's motivation and goals of abolishing this sick tradition for good.

Nov 1, 2021 7:04 PM

Feb 2018
Fushi's vocabulary needs an update lul :p Loving Parona, she will do everything she can to live the life her sister wasnt able to :')
Nov 15, 2021 11:57 PM

Mar 2012
Fushi picking up words throughout this episode :) Fushi saying "Thank you" to March from the Spirit bear askdasdolasd :(

Hearing Nameless Boy's voice again ahhh I missed it.
Otamegane0988Nov 16, 2021 12:01 AM
Feb 10, 2022 9:28 AM
Nov 2020
The relationship of Fushi and March reminds me of Dororo and Hyakimaru.
Mar 7, 2022 7:07 AM

Jul 2021
Damn we saw some of Parona's backstory and how her onechan sacrificed herself in place of Parona.

I suspected that why Hayasa is acting so good to the three of them, turned out they want to capitalise on orb's immortality and the three of them were held as prisoners.

The orb sure learns fast, I lost the count of how many times he said itai.

What was that vessel opened thing? What vessel? Didn't get it at all.

5/5.

TsutanaiFuunMar 7, 2022 7:12 AM

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Apr 7, 2022 9:06 PM

Apr 2016
Not me getting worried about an immortal being getting attacked.

I feel Parona is just going to lead herself to some major disappointment, Will her people actually believe her? At least I hope Fushi can transform into the bear and help them escape.

Poor old lady just wanted a lover and food.
Sep 11, 2022 8:53 AM
Jun 2021
I learn more about the power of the Inmortal and the girl. And is emotional like the others episodes. We see how religion works in many places, and how cruel can be the human for his ambitions. Love it!
Oct 10, 2022 5:52 PM

Feb 2022
I felt a bit uncomfortable when they tried to kill the boy
 I'm not a critic or anything like that but I like to give my opinion

Jan 14, 2023 3:12 PM
Mar 2021
Very nice written, it gave me the chills. Loved it
Jun 1, 2023 5:36 PM

Aug 2019
Another alright episode imo don't really have much to say but now we know why Hasaye or whatever her name didn't believe in that god but yeah. That first escape sequence with Fushi was kinda weird though. Like how it was all stills or at least for the most part, but the animation also looked kinda weird? Idk that just seemed a little off to me lol but I want to know where this goes. There's no chance these two are escaping though, there's no way ;_;
Jul 26, 2023 2:51 PM
Aug 2022
Baba in the prison lmfao. She wants to get out and find a lover and have some fun, omg, that killed me loool.
Sep 15, 2023 12:46 AM

Mar 2015
March is such a cutiepie! It's so sad to see them in this predicament but hopefully they'll succeed in their escape!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Sep 21, 2023 7:47 PM
Jul 2017
plot is getting deeper, let's see where the back stories of all the characters go
Dec 17, 2023 7:33 PM

Oct 2022
At first, I kinda had sympathy for the guard girl or whatever her name was but now nahhhhh just kill her already dudeee. She's just a heartless bastard.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fumetsu no Anata e Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2021

238 by MasterHavik »»
Apr 13, 2:43 AM

Poll: » Fumetsu no Anata e Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 24, 2021

158 by wallus81 »»
Apr 6, 12:30 AM

Poll: » Fumetsu no Anata e Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Usopp8000 - May 17, 2021

152 by wallus81 »»
Apr 1, 8:14 PM

Poll: » Fumetsu no Anata e Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 10, 2021

345 by wallus81 »»
Apr 1, 7:52 PM

Poll: » Fumetsu no Anata e Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 26, 2021

219 by wallus81 »»
Mar 28, 1:57 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.