Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
To Your Eternity
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
May 3, 2021 3:48 PM

Jun 2019
The pace for this episode was pretty fast. Some parts were blazed through to get to the prison break in one episode. I thought it would be interesting to see more about why they are being held captive and what they are planning to do with Fushi. I’m hoping that Fushi ends up transforming into the bear to break them out.
May 3, 2021 3:54 PM

Aug 2016
Another great episode, so they seek both to use the bear and the immortal.
Sadly for them, plans by arseholes are doomed to fail.
Also MC learns a new phrase.
The preview looks interesting, is the new change the ability to become the bear I wonder.
“I just spent the last two years thinking that you guys knew more than me about life and I just found out that you guys are just as dumb as me.” “Duh-doy.” “Yeah, duh-doy.”
May 3, 2021 3:56 PM

May 2018
TheToad said:

"The origins of kakigōri date back the Heian period in Japanese history, when blocks of ice saved during the colder months would be shaved and served with sweet syrup to Japanese aristocracy during the summer."

Yes. read that one more time...especially the "japanese aristocracy" part. Like in Rome, having shaved ice was only for the rich and powerful, not some randos passing thought the market-place.
alshuMay 3, 2021 4:00 PM
May 3, 2021 4:06 PM

Apr 2015
Another underwhelming episode but hoping to see Hayase die keeps me going
May 3, 2021 4:08 PM

Jan 2020
Serafos said:
Another great episode. The world building here is fantastic.

AOTS besides Super Cub.

5/5.

what does AOTS mean? i have seen many people use it, is it like best of this season or what?
wait then why is it called ''A''OTS not BOTS?
because BOTS sound weird or what
U-Y-P-W-O-C-U-T-I-K-A-T-I-P-M-I-N-I-I-D-I-H-I-W-T-S-T-I-W-S-T-O-M-P-T-I-L-U-C-H-N-I-D-T-I-I-Y-I-M-N-O-W-S-T-S-W-N-I-B-W
May 3, 2021 4:13 PM

May 2019
Kiyotaka696 said:
Serafos said:

AOTS besides Super Cub.

5/5.

what does AOTS mean? i have seen many people use it, is it like best of this season or what?

Anime of the season.

i think it's a little early for that. Another solid episode, watching him get repeatedly stabbed was pretty tough. Hoping to see more of the world next few episodes. Hopefully not everyone is a dick.
May 3, 2021 4:35 PM

Mar 2018
What amazing Episode I hated Hayase more in this Episode
May 3, 2021 5:22 PM

Sep 2017
Just when I was thinking these Yamone ppl weren't all bad. Well I get the feeling our boy will be able to turn into big bear since he ended up connecting with him or w/e (hence the "it hurts" ad nauseum until the bear had all the arrows removed/died).
May 3, 2021 5:37 PM
Feb 2021
KANLen09 said:
The journey to Yanome, and the sacrifical ritual a "tradition" in the most corrupt sense.

Literally chunks of Dororo moments between March and Fushi, and Parona tagging along because she got captured as well. They're no longer the women of Nihannah, but women of Yanome. Of course, keeping them at bay is the only way they'd not make it out alive.

Such an atrocity when sending Yanome warriors and shamans towards Fushi's way just to dissect its immortalty, truly brutal of Hayase who's just a messenger. March got the easy way out by being in charge of taking care of Oniguma.

OOH, help's on the way, and Parona's sister is here to save them. But this escape plan wouldn't come easy.

Probably the first episode
last time I checked paronas sister is dead
May 3, 2021 5:39 PM
Feb 2021
Ashhk said:
Sure that this situation wouldn't stay optimistic and they got jailed, but great that Parona is helping them to escape, she was great to be honest!
your on the right track with that prediction
May 3, 2021 5:50 PM

Jul 2017
@ttchen @Rembe I just found my mistake, that is not Parona's sister, it's her disguised as one of the Yanome.

Thanks and stop pinging me for that mistake.
May 3, 2021 5:54 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
It seems like Yanome is trying to find the secrets to immortality and the they believe Fushi is the key. Meanwhile, Fushi learned another phrase "it hurts" after being being attacked and regenerating at the same time. Parona on the other hand is trying to break Fushi and March out of prison.
May 3, 2021 5:57 PM

Nov 2011
Yo if Fushi turns into the Bear I will lose my mind! This anime has been brilliant so far!
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

May 3, 2021 6:03 PM

Dec 2014
Great episode again.

I liked how Parona was questioning what the meaning someone could find in immortality. We gain meaning because life is finite and we seek to accomplish something but given unlimited time, what meaning could we find?

March is too precious, love how caring she acts towards Fushi.

Hayase did them all dirty after how she treated them to food and lunch. That was terrible of her and especially the way she got everyone to experiment on Fushi. :(
The first word Fushi learnt was "Thank You" and the second word he learnt was "It hurts". T.T
May 3, 2021 6:35 PM

Feb 2021
march is really starting to grow on me. they ended with a mystery; the vessel?
May 3, 2021 7:02 PM
Jul 2018
It was already pretty obvious that Hayase would be the enemy even though the defeat of that bear.
May 3, 2021 7:08 PM

Apr 2018
I wont lie, other than episode 1, i wasn't able to enjoy this anime so far, the last 3 episodes felt underwhelming to me, i'll give it a few more episode, i hope it gets better.
May 3, 2021 7:48 PM
Feb 2019
A more one great episode
May 3, 2021 8:10 PM

Jan 2013
So Oshiguma is still alive? Oh boy, he might wreak some havoc.
It was painfully obvious that the general would jail them, i do hope they can escape.

The only way for this to end well is for Fushi to evolve and learn as fast as possible basically.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

May 3, 2021 8:13 PM
Nov 2020
My goodness, the way Hayase was eating those noodles ...I need a looped gif of that!
May 3, 2021 8:32 PM
Sep 2020
Loved this episode, as a manga reader I know what’s happening next and the “It hurts” really hit different in the anime :(
May 3, 2021 9:42 PM

Mar 2016
I noticed that the artists gave Fushi baby fat instead of abs when he'd been stripped. I appreciate them trying to make him more realistically boyish.

I really don't like Hayase, but she's a good villain. Well, I don't actually know if she is a villain or not. I've read the manga, and all I know is that she's a contagonist.

Parona is always so fun because her arc doesn't revolve around a guy.
May 3, 2021 10:10 PM

Apr 2018
Another good episode, I love the world building around Yanome, looks like a bustling city of sorts and looks like we get to find out if they escape in the next episode.
May 3, 2021 10:33 PM

Jul 2020
March is so annoying it's frustrating.

This was a pretty mediocre episode. Nothing really happened with Fushi, like I'd hoped, and made for a pretty bland episode. I really don't like March, she is really troublesome, and makes me really irritated.
May 3, 2021 10:34 PM

Mar 2013
This anime is continuing to be amazing. I love the worldbuilding. I hope someone or something tears Hayase apart, that bitch is starting to get on my nerves. Putting a little kid in prison and saying she won't ever get out for no reason?? Bitch.

March is so innocent, so pure, I love her :(( When Fushi learned to say It hurts, and those moemnts with the bear felt so touching. I don't know what it is about the show but it feels very emotional to me for some reason. The world-building is amazing.

I personally did not feel that anything was rushed. I love the fact that the episode was 25 mins long as well.
May 3, 2021 11:17 PM
Jul 2020
this show makes me feel something that I can’t describe. I really just don’t understand it. So oddly and disturbingly beautiful
May 4, 2021 12:14 AM
Feb 2018
--l-- said:
They really censored the scene where Parona was about to be raped
If they're gonna cut something might as well cut something useless. They cut the scene about Parona's sister, more importantly.

Mahdhi1235 said:
When Fushi kept repeating 'It hurts' around Oniguma and then finally said 'Thank you' after he looked at oniguma.. was that him expressing oniguma's feelings?

Exactly

Anyways, lase episode was 4 manga chapters, it surely is picking up the pace. What's important is next arc gets represented 1:1 or close to that.
fbradcdscMay 4, 2021 12:18 AM
May 4, 2021 12:25 AM
Feb 2018
CeddyyBearr said:
SkyLETV said:
That last thank you from the bear to March through Fushi made me feel bad for the bear. It's even worse when you realize that all those "it hurts" that Fushi kept repeating were also from the bear :'(

I was wondering what was up with all the "It hurts" Fushi was saying, now it all makes sense. It does make me curious how this works, did he feel the pain the bear was suffering and expressed it for him? This just proves there's a lot of mystery to what Fushi can and can't do.

He got hurt by the guard, then he understood the response to pain was saying "it hurts" when he hurt the guard in the same way, and he kept repeating it because he was feeling the bear's pain.
May 4, 2021 1:28 AM

Apr 2011
I was starting to open up to Hayase, but it was all a ruse to get March and friends guard down. Throughout the episode, I thought it could be possible that Parona older sister might be Hayase, but maybe its me overestimating the story. XD

Did not expect the bear to be alive and Fushi being murdered by a old granny was hilarious. He walked away like it was another normal day, but I'm glad his progress in learning more about humanity is at slow pace, feels more realistic.
dzew said:
This shit is really good so far. Poor Fushi saying "it hurts" all the time, maybe because he got traumatized with the torture but it was kinda annoying tho lol. And it seems that it can copy their form only when they die, at least that's what I understood.

PS: I can't decide who is hotter if Parone or Hayase (anyone saw that ass? goodamn) so I choose both.
Both girls are hot in their different ways, personally I like stoic and bland, Hayase.
May 4, 2021 2:41 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
The journey to the west, i mean, Yanome. The woman shaman actually the fake one, a Yanome's criminal. What a news, and the way how she chose Marchi. Man, what a straight thinking, old lady. However, i should've known she will play a role key in the next episode. Damn, what a cliffhanger. Can't believed i should've wait until the next week. Poor my heart xd.

Anyway, Parona got a little flashback there, using her onee-chan as her direct motivation to be the same hero, currently the cycle will stake on to the Marchi and Fushi lifes. How brave. The circle might be repeated, considering all the requirement already established. Shit will happening soon. But, as i said before, i shall be waiting.

A bit of weird, or i can say, its choppy, with all the off-putting transition scene under the Yanome's prison camp part. Its looks too fast, honestly. But overall its still bearable to pin-pointed out the important part, i believe: It hurts. Yeah, boy, hurts a lot. Especially when you are the huge-ass bear with a lot of painful-rusty stack of arrows. Its hurt a lot. Then, when It saying the last Thanks, additional with how sweet affection Marchi gave to the poor bear. Man, that was indeed a hurt.

Anyway, back to the escape plan. Lets see how its roll next week!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
May 4, 2021 3:24 AM

Jan 2015
People were defending Hayase after the last episode lol. Yeah, she's a bitch. Should die a horrible death.
May 4, 2021 3:40 AM

Feb 2019
that transition into the ending song was SO smooth holy shit, the rest of the episode was great but i cant stop fucking thinking ab that transition god damn
May 4, 2021 5:42 AM

Jul 2014
Ugh, I was hoping we'd get to move on from the annoying brat March quicker than this, but guess we have to put up with her for at least a little longer. Also, is anyone really surprised that Hayase's kindness was a ruse? Given that they had chains the entire time and she aggressively took that map from the letter-writer, it was so obvious that she was tricking them to imprison them. As soon as she found out that Fushi was immortal, imprisoning it to experiment was always a likely next step.

Also, I'm very disappointed that this series' idea of fantasy world building is to make its first city basically a medieval Japan or something to that effect, with takoyaki skewers, shaved ice and typical traditional Japanese architecture. That's not novel, creative or immersive at all, it's one of the laziest examples of world building possible for a fantasy anime like this; that level of laziness is almost on a par with every generic JRPG isekai anime world.
May 4, 2021 6:39 AM
Nov 2020
I was confused with the part of March cleaning up the bear. Was it somehow still alive (just knocked out), and March was given the task of trying to revive it? Like why was Hayase saying things like it doesn't matter if a young girl like March dies and stuff?

Parona's backstory is sad, and the shaman lady is perfect comedy relief.

Atavistic said:

Also, I'm very disappointed that this series' idea of fantasy world building is to make its first city basically a medieval Japan or something to that effect

Given that Yanome is supposed to be more "advanced" than Ninannah, the author was ingratiating and self-serving to purposely make Yanome a resemblance of medieval Japan, lol.
May 4, 2021 7:17 AM

Oct 2016
Great episode! I knew Hayase was up to no good, the kindness she showed and her smiles were fake as hell. But, it was really cute how they were going around discovering new things, though March remembering her parents was pretty sad.

Damn, the bear was still alive all this time, he was basically just awaiting his death. R.I.P. "Oniguma" his final moments was actually bittersweet, with Fushi expressing his feelings for him. I really love Parona, I hope March and her gets to live a happy life. But, they gotta escape first. Really looking forward to the next episode.
May 4, 2021 7:49 AM

Dec 2015
Really great episode. Even with little progression, the show always manages to make every little moment feel engaging and with some emotional impact.

I think it's safe to say there are only two anime capable of being the AOTS: Fumetsu no Anata e and Nomad: Megalo Box 2. Every other show is just below their level of quality. Although it seemed it would be an easy win for Fumetsu at the start, Nomad has been making episodes reaching perfection recently, to the point I got scared due to how good it was. Right now Nomad is my favorite, but Fumetsu proved already it can make an extremely powerful episode if it so desires. It's going to be a really interesting "fight" that I'm really glad to be able to enjoy two amazing shows this year.
May 4, 2021 8:04 AM

Feb 2021
JamalaNeka said:
I love the way Fushi just repeats the words that he learned. Our main group is in quite a predicament after getting backstabbed by Hayase. Fushi could probably transform into the big bear now. I can't wait to see the escape!

I understand this is part of Fushis developmet but it is so gard to watch a human act like a dog. My soul just cringes. God can't wait for the time that Fushi acts more like a slightly confused human or something.

I still miss the nameless boy from ep 1 :(
obscure anime for u idiots to watch right NOW
1.Odd Taxi WATCH THIS!!!!!
2.LINK CLICK super underrated!! (chinese, foto-time travelling, emotional stories dope music)
3.Mashiro no Oto if u like traditional jap banger music

please support Cherry&virgin if u can!!
May 4, 2021 8:15 AM

Aug 2018
Good episode but I feel like it would have been better if the show was episodic or the arcs were shorter. Let's see how it turns out.
May 4, 2021 10:09 AM

Mar 2017
I've never hated a character the way I hate Hayase. She is evil and greed personified. I just about managed to hold back tears when she ordered for the prisoners and guards to try to kill Fushi to prove his immortality. It's really fucking sad too that the second sentence he ever learned to say was "It hurts".
May 4, 2021 10:33 AM
Aug 2016
Great episode. The Parona scene with the soldier was much brutal in the manga, so it had to be modified accordingly. In the manga, the soldier ties Parona and rips off her clothes, to which Parona struggles and then shoves the pointed wood block to the soldier's heart. All of this part was modified I guess for obvious reasons. But, that's alright. It was still a good episode.

I really liked the Bear scene though. It was well done imo, and the anime did a fantastic job in capturing the emotions. Now, I can't wait for

5/5 episode.
May 4, 2021 10:48 AM
Jul 2019
March should be protected at any cost!!
May 4, 2021 10:49 AM

Jun 2015
wonderful world setting and amazing pacing so far!
May 4, 2021 11:29 AM

Nov 2020
March is so cute and caring omg she would be awesome mom :D. Can't wait to see how will they escape and what will happen.
Sorry for my english xD!

RIP Kentaro Miura :(
RIP Akira Toriyama :(

May 4, 2021 11:34 AM
May 2020
"thank you" and "it hurts" are in fushi's vocab
May 4, 2021 11:50 AM

Aug 2018
Episode was good but it seems the discussion is suffering from terminal manga reader disease. Too many people who can't resist telling you what to expect, time to dip
May 4, 2021 12:01 PM

Feb 2021
It was okay. Probably the best episode of the show apart from the first one.

I'm really trying to like this show, but I have to admit I felt really disappointed we didn't get the "boy and wolf journey through the Arctic" anime I was expecting.

Still, it's fairly enjoyable and easily the best new anime of the season.
May 4, 2021 5:18 PM

Sep 2011
Kiyotaka696 said:
Serafos said:

AOTS besides Super Cub.

5/5.

It means Anime of the Season. And I honestly still don't get why this would be AOTS unless it involves manga spoilers. This is a good show but just off the top of my head so far this season we've got Nomad, 86, Odd Taxi, and Tokyo Revengers that are all better.
May 4, 2021 6:13 PM

Feb 2015
March is so adorable and Parona is really brave! I really like both of them and don't want anything bad to happen to them (but I'm kinda afraid cause of the OP) :(
Felt pretty bad for the bear too (bears are lovely animals, even if they're dangerous)...

Excited for next week!
There's no possible way you can steal my heart

I want to drown in this sweet Melancholy
May 4, 2021 6:43 PM

Mar 2013
eglepe said:
Episode was good but it seems the discussion is suffering from terminal manga reader disease. Too many people who can't resist telling you what to expect, time to dip

Omg yes, I normally love coming here to see people's thoughts and discussions but it seems like the readers are going to ruin it for me if I stay here any longer.
May 4, 2021 7:51 PM

Jul 2016
So Oniguma was still alive, huh? Wonder if Fushi can adopt its form now that he managed to connect with it.

Another OK episode. The deal with the Oniguma ritual being used as way to conquer other lands as well as the bits of Parona's past were quite interesting tho.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» Hayase is getting too much plot armor

Andrekrep - May 19, 2021

30 by Dirittoprocedura »»
May 28, 4:26 PM

Poll: » Fumetsu no Anata e Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2021

239 by Latrasil »»
May 21, 12:05 PM

Poll: » Fumetsu no Anata e Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 24, 2021

158 by wallus81 »»
Apr 6, 12:30 AM

Poll: » Fumetsu no Anata e Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Usopp8000 - May 17, 2021

152 by wallus81 »»
Apr 1, 8:14 PM

Poll: » Fumetsu no Anata e Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 10, 2021

345 by wallus81 »»
Apr 1, 7:52 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.