Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
86--EIGHTY-SIX (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Apr 26, 2021 5:35 PM

Sep 2014
This might be the best single episode I have seen in years. Usually the plot carries episodes but here everything stands out, animation, sound design, pacing, direction.

Really glad this exists
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Apr 26, 2021 6:43 PM
Apr 2021
Inferno792 said:
Source readers seem to be in full on rant mode for nothing here. That's source readers for you though.

Huh... The only thing that the general lot of source readers are waiting for is spearhead's pov of Kaie's passing. Majority of the rant here is really just people not liking the series.
Apr 26, 2021 8:26 PM

Feb 2014
Changing perspectives from fun moments to sad endings, this show is really fucking our minds.
Also with all the things going on, why does it feel like they are not on the same timeline?
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Apr 26, 2021 9:07 PM

Jan 2009
Not a bad show so far, but it doesn't seem like we're gonna get any details or focus on the battles themselves, which is an issue since most of the drama revolves around the character deaths, it just feels lazy to tell us about the deaths without showing us how they happen.
Also what's up with the spoiler at the beginning of the episode? It didn't add anything, just made me care less since I knew that girl was gonna die anyway.
Apr 26, 2021 10:06 PM
Nov 2019
RedChrome said:
ItsBritneyBitch said:

it's trying too hard to be a tear-jerker tragic story. I think it's for like 15-year-olds tbh. I'm also so confused with the commander acting all cutesy to her subordinates, her tone and character in the military setting she's in stops me from taking anything seriously.

My thought exactly

I think you guys need to pay more attention . Yes she is their superior but what she has done to earn their respect ? Respect is earned not automatically given .Your superior in military earned their respect . So far she and their other previous Alba commanders has done nothing to earn their respect .They are just sitting in a safe place far from battlefield while 86ers dying on the battlefield and most of them didnt even care about their jobs.

He lashed out at Lena not because he thinks its her fault .Lena tries to show sympathy towards them is the last thing they want to hear from their oppressors. Only thing she tried to do so far is talking nice which is not enough show that she is genuinely care about them , at least from 86ers perspective which make her hypocrite (albeit its unintentional) . We as a viewer know that she trying to help them but 86ers doesn't know that .Her mistake was that she should have read the room but instead she tries to show that its her fault when they were frustrated cause of their comrade loss.

And as we can see Handlers job mostly to support the unit so its not like that they cant do anything without their support and most Handlers dont even do their job . Spearhead squadron even less need of support considering they already got deployed by the time Lena received signal of enemy attack .Republic is safe because people of 86 is fighting instead of them which make it obvious that Republic need 86 more than 86s need them .

Talking about Lena , she wants to help 86s so that no. of casualties can be reduced thats why she trying to know them at personal level and built trust among each other . She is fighting for honor and to protect her country , but she is too naive . That's why her unit told her to quit the job as she is unfit for it and they also fighting only for themselves not for the sake of republic.

Funny you are saying this show is for 15 year olds when it has a Seinen tag in various websites .

Blue_Reaper7Apr 26, 2021 10:11 PM
Apr 27, 2021 12:29 AM

Jan 2015
tensai95 said:
Inferno792 said:
Source readers seem to be in full on rant mode for nothing here. That's source readers for you though.

Huh... The only thing that the general lot of source readers are waiting for is spearhead's pov of Kaie's passing. Majority of the rant here is really just people not liking the series.

Some source readers here are crying that they fucked up Kaie's death scene when they should be waiting for the next episode.
Apr 27, 2021 12:51 AM

Mar 2014
Pranavk27 said:
RedChrome said:

My thought exactly

I think you guys need to pay more attention . Yes she is their superior but what she has done to earn their respect ? Respect is earned not automatically given .Your superior in military earned their respect . So far she and their other previous Alba commanders has done nothing to earn their respect .They are just sitting in a safe place far from battlefield while 86ers dying on the battlefield and most of them didnt even care about their jobs.

He lashed out at Lena not because he thinks its her fault .Lena tries to show sympathy towards them is the last thing they want to hear from their oppressors. Only thing she tried to do so far is talking nice which is not enough show that she is genuinely care about them , at least from 86ers perspective which make her hypocrite (albeit its unintentional) . We as a viewer know that she trying to help them but 86ers doesn't know that .Her mistake was that she should have read the room but instead she tries to show that its her fault when they were frustrated cause of their comrade loss.

And as we can see Handlers job mostly to support the unit so its not like that they cant do anything without their support and most Handlers dont even do their job . Spearhead squadron even less need of support considering they already got deployed by the time Lena received signal of enemy attack .Republic is safe because people of 86 is fighting instead of them which make it obvious that Republic need 86 more than 86s need them .

Talking about Lena , she wants to help 86s so that no. of casualties can be reduced thats why she trying to know them at personal level and built trust among each other . She is fighting for honor and to protect her country , but she is too naive . That's why her unit told her to quit the job as she is unfit for it and they also fighting only for themselves not for the sake of republic.

Funny you are saying this show is for 15 year olds when it has a Seinen tag in various websites .

I get what you are trying to say but I still don't understand how the spearhead squadron can be defiant to their commander. I mean let's put aside the hatred and prejudice thing, this still a military organization right ?? Now even if you don't respect your commander, you follow their order and you don't disregard or act with defiant attitudes.

Now I know Lena was given this timid personality and how oblivious she is to the reality of what 86ers have endure (maybe to show her flaws) and I know the 86ers hated the Alba so there is no way Lena could have earned their respect... yet. In battles you know people die due to unforeseen circumstances and since Handler job is to provide support, they really can't know what's gonna happen but this is military no matter what the reason is you don't lash out to your superior so what Theo did was very unusual for me. Did he also "lash out" to the previous Handlers or is it just Lena ???

I have no problem with Lena just to be clear (actually I like her) except about stuff about racism and how the Republic military works(or maybe the military is just incompetent, who knows) !!!
RedChromeApr 27, 2021 1:16 AM
Apr 27, 2021 1:42 AM
Nov 2019
RedChrome said:
Pranavk27 said:

I get what you are trying to say but I still don't understand how the spearhead squadron can be defiant to their commander. I mean let's put aside the hatred and prejudice thing, this still a military organization right ?? Now even if you don't respect your commander, you follow their order and you don't disregard or act with defiant attitudes.

Now I know Lena was given this timid personality and how oblivious she is to the reality of what 86ers have endure (maybe to show her flaws) and I know the 86ers hated the Alba so there is no way Lena could have earned their respect... yet. In battles you know people die due to unforeseen circumstances and since Handler job is to provide support, they really can't know what's gonna happen but this is military no matter what the reason is you don't lash out to your superior so what Theo did was very unusual for me. Did he also "lash out" to the previous Handlers or is it just Lena ???

I have no problem with Lena just to be clear (actually I like her) except about stuff about racism and how the Republic military works(or maybe the military is just incompetent, who knows) !!!

Let me ask you one thing. What will happen to you if you defiant to your superior ?
Apr 27, 2021 1:44 AM
Apr 2021
Inferno792 said:
tensai95 said:

Some source readers here are crying that they fucked up Kaie's death scene when they should be waiting for the next episode.

Fair enough, their rants can only be judged next week to be just or not though. imo though, that opening sequence was really uneeded

RedChrome said:
Pranavk27 said:

Now I know Lena was given this timid personality and how oblivious she is to the reality of what 86ers have endure (maybe to show her flaws) and I know the 86ers hated the Alba so there is no way Lena could have earned their respect... yet. In battles you know people die due to unforeseen circumstances and since Handler job is to provide support, they really can't know what's gonna happen but this is military you don't behave in such way, so Theo "lashing out" to their commander I think is something very unusual.

I have no problem with Lena just to be clear except about stuff about racism and how the Republic military works !!!

What order is spearhead defying exactly though, it is true that there is a lack of respect at this point however. The only thing would be Undertaker showing off but that's it.

Spearhead and lena are trying to do the same exact job (i.e deployment) but it's damn obvious who does it better and is more prepared, so lena has practically been relegated to backend support (Episode 2, Lena was advised to avoid laser commms and it's for a good reason, Shin knows better than her, but she is capable of providing other info such as the repositioning of Gunslinger in this episode). A commander's order isn't always absolute because you're at the rear, someone on the ground has a better grasp of what's going on in general. And when the situation calls you have to make necessary adjustments.

Also if you think Theo's case is unusual, Kaie's case would be as well since they're on different parts of the spectrum. And

Also regarding the Republic's military

tensai95Apr 27, 2021 1:47 AM
Apr 27, 2021 2:19 AM
Mar 2021

[/quote] Most non-source reader viewers still think that the Republic has competent or normal military lol
Can't be helped because there's no comparison for them to measure how incompetent is the military.
Apr 27, 2021 2:20 AM
Jul 2018
trash episode, Muv Luv is better in every way
Apr 27, 2021 3:35 AM

Mar 2014
Pranavk27 said:
RedChrome said:

Let me ask you one thing. What will happen to you if you defiant to your superior ?

Uh punishment or something. If they can be freely lash out to their superior, I wonder why don't the 86ers just rebel or defect ??
Apr 27, 2021 3:59 AM

Apr 2021
I hope this much build up doesn't goes waste...

Fall 2022 is the most Unforgettable anime season of all time

Apr 27, 2021 4:04 AM
Jan 2019
Holy shit this is good. Saturdays are insane with Vivy, Shadows house, 86, mha s5, Tokyo Revengers, and Nagatoro-san. I wasn't even gonna watch this show until last second but thank God I did. I'm unsure on its longevity but so far a great start. I like the focus on characters and the emotion/effects of war rather than the war itself. Also the ending is one of the best I've heard.
Apr 27, 2021 4:14 AM
May 2008
RedChrome said:
Pranavk27 said:

Uh punishment or something. If they can be freely lash out to their superior, I wonder why don't the 86ers just rebel or defect ??

There are like 5 people who replied to you, and explained everything. You keep asking the very same thing even though people keep telling you.

They are already punished. Expelled into the 86 area. Where you are kept being attacked by the Legion. You cannot really defect, because the legion is still giong to attack and you will die. Where are you going to defect? You can't enter the wall, if you stay the Legion will attack you, and you can't flee, because that's enemy terrority and you'll get yourself killed. So where do you defect? And for rebellion, I don't know. The anime will give you answer. But you need to wait. It's only 3rd episode in a 2 seasonal anime. What did you expect? You start to watch this and the anime tells you anything from the start? There are mysteries, secrets, stuff that not even us the viewers, or characters should know at this point. Keep watching.
Apr 27, 2021 4:16 AM

Mar 2014
tensai95 said:

RedChrome said:

Now I know Lena was given this timid personality and how oblivious she is to the reality of what 86ers have endure (maybe to show her flaws) and I know the 86ers hated the Alba so there is no way Lena could have earned their respect... yet. In battles you know people die due to unforeseen circumstances and since Handler job is to provide support, they really can't know what's gonna happen but this is military you don't behave in such way, so Theo "lashing out" to their commander I think is something very unusual.

I have no problem with Lena just to be clear except about stuff about racism and how the Republic military works !!!

What order is spearhead defying exactly though, it is true that there is a lack of respect at this point however. The only thing would be Undertaker showing off but that's it.

Spearhead and lena are trying to do the same exact job (i.e deployment) but it's damn obvious who does it better and is more prepared, so lena has practically been relegated to backend support (Episode 2, Lena was advised to avoid laser commms and it's for a good reason, Shin knows better than her, but she is capable of providing other info such as the repositioning of Gunslinger in this episode). A commander's order isn't always absolute because you're at the rear, someone on the ground has a better grasp of what's going on in general. And when the situation calls you have to make necessary adjustments.

Also if you think Theo's case is unusual, Kaie's case would be as well since they're on different parts of the spectrum. And

Also regarding the Republic's military

Okay technically they did not disobeyed any orders (yet) but I just don't like their attitudes though and yes I know why. Sure not every order is absolute and soldiers do need to improvise depending on the situation. But I do not accept Theo behavior at all !!! Does he do that to the previous Handlers or only just Lena ?? I'm trying to make sense about this whole thing you know, because it's weird that Theo can "lash out" to their commander and nothing happens to him !! I wonder if he can actually do that why not just rebel of defect rather than fighting for a country treats you shit. But as you just said (and now I know) the Republic's military are incredibly incompetent and that's why some like this can happen
Apr 27, 2021 4:21 AM

Mar 2014
UTMAN said:
RedChrome said:

There are like 5 people who replied to you, and explained everything. You keep asking the very same thing even though people keep telling you.

They are already punished. Expelled into the 86 area. Where you are kept being attacked by the Legion. You cannot really defect, because the legion is still giong to attack and you will die. Where are you going to defect? You can't enter the wall, if you stay the Legion will attack you, and you can't flee, because that's enemy terrority and you'll get yourself killed. So where do you defect? And for rebellion, I don't know. The anime will give you answer. But you need to wait. It's only 3rd episode in a 2 seasonal anime. What did you expect? You start to watch this and the anime tells you anything from the start? There are mysteries, secrets, stuff that not even us the viewers, or characters should know at this point. Keep watching.

That's their punishment ???? I thought it's how they are treated, fine I will keep watching it
Apr 27, 2021 4:23 AM

Mar 2014
kljy said:

Most non-source reader viewers still think that the Republic has competent or normal military lol
Can't be helped because there's no comparison for them to measure how incompetent is the military.[/quote]

Yeah it's unrealistically incompetent, they are being attack by Skynet, oh sorry I mean Legion and they can be afford to be incompetent ?? It's just mind baffling
Apr 27, 2021 4:30 AM
May 2008
RedChrome said:
UTMAN said:

That's their punishment ???? I thought it's how they are treated, fine I will keep watching it

Of course. This treatment is punishment. Because they are being different etc. They have been put into life and death situation every day. What's more worse that could happen? Of course lashing out to a commander in a normal army would get you marshal court or punishment. You need to understand this is not a normal army.

Like if a random handler would lash out to Lena's uncle, they would get killed. Easy as that. However a 86-er easily can lash out or disobey.

You can't do anything. They are miles/kilometers away. They probably won't ever meet ever.

Lot of handlers don't even do their job properly. They just watch as the 86 ers die. So after 5 incompetent racist handler they got Lena, who actually gives them advices/orders. This is kinda new to them aswell. Like if you watch episode 1. In the very beginning, durign the battle. that's their 5th handler. If you watch/listen to him, do you think that's okay for a commanding officer to act like that?

I understand that you have a lot of questions. I do too. However I'm positive the anime will answer them eventually. Lot of people here who read the Light Novel said that any question we have the anime will eventually give us answers.

We will get to know why:
- 86 can't rebel/defect
- What's this war about
Apr 27, 2021 4:47 AM

Mar 2014
UTMAN said:
RedChrome said:

Of course. This treatment is punishment. Because they are being different etc. They have been put into life and death situation every day. What's more worse that could happen? Of course lashing out to a commander in a normal army would get you marshal court or punishment. You need to understand this is not a normal army.

Like if a random handler would lash out to Lena's uncle, they would get killed. Easy as that. However a 86-er easily can lash out or disobey.

You can't do anything. They are miles/kilometers away. They probably won't ever meet ever.

Lot of handlers don't even do their job properly. They just watch as the 86 ers die. So after 5 incompetent racist handler they got Lena, who actually gives them advices/orders. This is kinda new to them aswell. Like if you watch episode 1. In the very beginning, durign the battle. that's their 5th handler. If you watch/listen to him, do you think that's okay for a commanding officer to act like that?

I understand that you have a lot of questions. I do too. However I'm positive the anime will answer them eventually. Lot of people here who read the Light Novel said that any question we have the anime will eventually give us answers.

We will get to know why:
- 86 can't rebel/defect
- What's this war about

Okay I will watch it, thx for the explanation
RedChromeApr 27, 2021 5:07 AM
Apr 27, 2021 6:08 AM

Mar 2018
I love how they show off both sides of the conversations that the Spearhead Squadron and Lena have with each other.

Man, one of the members that liked Lena died, that scene where she said "I dont wanna die" and then the ending played was really well done, goosebumps all over.

Too be honest, I agree with what the 86 person said at the end of the episode, treating them like humans and acting friendly with them isn't the same as them actually being human, she is just pushing it aside momentarily.
Apr 27, 2021 3:56 PM

May 2013
That speech at end was brutal as fuck. But really he was right. Our MC is monster. She is baddie. The perfect description of our MC is: The road to hell is paved with good intentions. She lives life of luxury while slave race does battles for her. For her, while she and her kind has discriminated 86s as long as they can remember. She think that acting nice for them makes everything right and her somewhat better person than rest of her kind. Her kind doesn't care what happens to 86. They probably want all 86 to die anyway.

Now that she realized what she is, she really has only three options:

1. Continue like before and consciously truly become a human monster.
2. Make suicide and that is just really selfish escape which doesn't solve real problem at all.
3. Revolt against system which probably leads to be branded as traitor or terrorist and ultimate end might be execution or worse.

Most people usually always choose option 1. It is interesting to see what our MC is going to do about here. She is very high in power structure that makes her situation more dangerous. 86 view her as enemy and if she tries to change the system then she would be enemy of the state. I'm starting to think that this story doesn't have happy ending for our MC. ;(

And frankly I'm not so sure she even deserves happy ending... Naivety is not valid excuse for deaths of people.

Apr 27, 2021 10:03 PM

Apr 2018
That ending tho, holy crap man that was so sad. " I dont want to die...." ;-; The speech at the end was so hard to digest but all the things he said was true from his persepctive since they havent really met a handler who cared about there well begins.
Apr 27, 2021 10:20 PM
Jun 2017
Wow. It had a great deliverance at the end.

I guess I should probably read the manga.

Theo was an asshole, though.
Apr 28, 2021 12:51 AM

Dec 2008
Theoto will be send into a suicide mission for this XD
I don't know if insulting the Handler has consequences in this world, but probably.
It was another very good episode, too bad 2? teammates died.
Lena is probably not good at reading the atmosphere, but I don't think she can do anything from where she is. It's not her fault that 86 has no own terrain maps and that the equipment is outdated. Kirschblüte wasn't good enough for 1 on 1
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 29, 2021 3:26 AM
Nov 2019
RedChrome said:
Pranavk27 said:

They have lost everything .Everything is taken from them do you seriously think would fear punishment. And Republic wont punish them at least until there terms end or when they are no useful to them . In ep 1 it made clear that they dont listem to their commanders.

And why dont they rebel? I will just for now that it won't going to solve anything.
Apr 29, 2021 11:58 PM
Jun 2013
LN fans for sure want to remind you how fucking annoying and toxic they can be, not that manga fans aren't doing a good job too.

Overall, great episode.
Apr 30, 2021 5:53 AM

Feb 2018
I'm still confused about why this is so many talking about it, are light novels so good / masterpiece?
Apr 30, 2021 10:08 AM
Jan 2021
Marinate1016 said:
Another week, another 86 Saturday and another extremely well done episode by A-1. Love the job they did on the bathing scene at the beginning. Ishii has a pretty good track record with humour so no shock there.

Pacing wise again, everything feels great. They’re taking their time with the adaptation and I’m truly grateful. I love the perspective they ended the episode with as the ED plays. I think A-1 do a great job of playing with the distance between the squad and Lena. Theo’s rant at the end over the piano was also great.
yeaaa this anime is just epic
Apr 30, 2021 10:43 AM
Dec 2018
Syureria said:
I'm still confused about why this is so many talking about it, are light novels so good / masterpiece?

The light novels are written well. Not only in terms of plot and story, but also in the quality of the prose. I find myself expanding my vocabulary from reading 86.

The prose is not as complicated compared to series like The Saga of Tanya the Evil. The exposition is presented to be similar to what you would find in a history textbook, which makes it simple to digest.
I like dub more than sub because I am not a weeb.
Apr 30, 2021 8:01 PM
Dec 2014
A reductive introspection on the dialogue between Lena and Spearhead Squad

Spearhead: Why are you trying to be nice?

Lena: I think we're all Human.

Spearhead: I see. Your whimsical perspective makes you unfit for the role you serve.

Lena: I think we can be equals!

Later...

Lena: Totes sorry about your comrade.

Spearhead: Alas, your hollow sympathies only bore the bitter fruit of anger from within our bosom! Hath thou nothing greater than the barest of "Humanity" to offer us? Or, perhaps thou findst our dignity lacking sufficiently to bare the minimal effort of sympathy without actually understanding our persons? Whatever the reason, knowst this: we hath had enough of thine feces being deposited upon our persons! Thoust has yet not inquired upon our designations as established by birth, even!

It went Shakespearean for some reason...

Anyone else catching those "subtle" reflections on current society when Lena and Annette are talking? Goddamnit, A-1!
"Thorkell has no resistance to getting kicked in the f-in head. To be honest, neither do I." -Captain Mack

"You've faced many life-and-death situations. But that does not make you an adult. Finding more fallen-out hairs on your pillow, watching your favorite stuffed-bread disappear from the convenience store... the accumulation of those little despairs is what makes a person an adult."-Nanami Kento
Apr 30, 2021 9:58 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
The amount of entitled LN tards bitching in this thread is astronomically high lol

Anyway, I'm very sad by the death of this girl, she was my favorite next to the silver haired one
Apr 30, 2021 11:32 PM
Apr 2010
Great episode, haven't seen something done so well in a while...
May 1, 2021 11:55 AM

Jul 2008
Damn Kaie.....and it was bound to hit Lena eventually.

It'll take more than nice words to fix this.
May 1, 2021 12:00 PM

Jul 2017
GangstaAkagi said:

I played Muv-Luv Alternative recently.... not really.
May 1, 2021 12:16 PM

Mar 2016
GangstaAkagi said:

Muv Luv??? Oh you mean the one with the silly mix of apocalyptic mecha vs alien war with some fanservice ecchi and romance shit?

Yea. Yea I know about it, unfortunately.
May 1, 2021 12:30 PM
Jul 2018
Ryuseishun said:
GangstaAkagi said:

Muv Luv??? Oh you mean the one with the silly mix of apocalyptic mecha vs alien war with some fanservice ecchi and romance shit?

surprisingly it is better than this anime.
May 1, 2021 12:38 PM

Mar 2016
GangstaAkagi said:
Ryuseishun said:

surprisingly it is better than this anime.

I'd wish it was, but it isnt xD
May 1, 2021 11:25 PM

Dec 2012
Yep. Anime of the Season confirmed.

May 2, 2021 3:20 AM

May 2016
Tha ending was lit, did the red haired girl died? would be quite tragic if she did.
May 2, 2021 3:44 AM
Jan 2021
Heart breaking moments then a sawano drop ohhh my god this is amazing......
May 6, 2021 11:20 PM

Jul 2014
"Yobai" , the more you know. But the ending man and that OST was so on point
May 7, 2021 2:14 PM

Dec 2016
Because of how the ost started I thought Kirschblute wasn't dead but when the ost smoothly took a serious turn...I guess Kirschblute is really dead.

86-ers feeling like this is justified. How can Lena change the whole country and stop this discrimination all by herself. She has to find more people of similar mindset or else it'll be impossible.
May 9, 2021 9:20 AM

Apr 2015
The directing is actually really tight, you can feel it in the small transitions and details. the content is predictable at best but the directing is freshing everything up a bit.

Showing only MC in the 'death scene' looked like a conscious decision to accentuate the disconnection between the two parties to me and I think it worked decently well(if slightly short)

The actual problem here is that everything feels more like this big construction with a very specific and elaborately built world intentionally designed to produce these kinds of scenes than a sincere full-blown story with actual characters driving the story but this could yet change.
May 12, 2021 8:45 AM
Feb 2021
Even though it's predictably expected that nothing is gonna be alright, the emotional impact is conveyed well. I can see why the director & the staff in charge of the storyboard wanna showcase each side of each half time duration to show how distant & superficial the conversation is between Lena & Spearhead Squad.

The only emotional impact-intended scene that could've use without the need of showing only one side is when Kaie was killed off-screen. Sure Lena's panicking scene when she saw the marsh too late, but the transitioning could've gone from Kaie's mouth & her Juggernaut stuck in the marsh to Lena's panic face, stretching out her hand back and forth in a matter of seconds. Now that could've let us see what kind of face was Kaie making despite her calm voice saying her final words.
May 14, 2021 1:22 AM

Aug 2013
This adaptation made me like Kaie even more. I got goosebumps when she said "I don't want to die". Even though I knew what was coming, it still came as a shock.

May 26, 2021 9:24 AM

Feb 2019
It was a bit hard to watch the moment Kirschbluete die, and then Theo's understandable yet still unpleasant rant to Lena. As someone who really likes Lena, I didn't like how Theo thought that she was a hypocrite. But at the same time, Theo's hatred is understandable, seeing what they've gone through.

I think Theo's rant will make Lena realise something, and will push her on. Towards what, I don't know.
May 31, 2021 1:08 AM

Aug 2017
Someone died again and one of them blame Lena for it but we can see 86’s perspective in the next episode if im correct. This anime is good.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jun 5, 2021 3:28 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Interesting focus on their relationships and conditions, and wow, that post-credit scene was really impactful and shocking, RIP.
Jun 8, 2021 6:13 AM

Aug 2016
I know this is serious war mecha anime but surprisingly low amount of fan-service here, if this is a beach episode, you know how serious the rest of anime is. And choice of reanimating same scene from different perspective, like in the book, just amazing.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » 86 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2021

432 by zukkiboo »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » 86 Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 8, 2021

243 by worldsick »»
10 hours ago

» 86 LN starts its Final Arc with the next Light Novel volume 14.

darksideee - Jan 11

32 by KitsuFrost »»
May 1, 7:13 PM

Poll: » 86 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2021

265 by AlisandoLob »»
May 1, 9:07 AM

Poll: » 86 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 1, 2021

189 by Unni46nam »»
Apr 29, 7:13 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.