Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Feb 27, 2016 10:52 AM
May 2015
Both Lunge and Eva are very interesting to me. I'd like to see there characters explored further. Can't wait to see what role they have to play in the big picture. The show has been pretty good uptil now.
Mar 25, 2016 1:46 PM

Dec 2015
fuckign bitch, its hard to make me dislike a fuckign anime character but this anime is so realistic i also loved this episode. wow...
May 25, 2016 6:45 PM

Dec 2012
Such a shame. Just when she was slowly becoming a better person. This episode made me feel bad throughout...
May 27, 2016 9:45 AM

Feb 2013
Wow, Lunge is a badass at work and with his life, even when his wife says that she had an affair and his daughter is pregnant he doesn't gife a fuck, he's only interested in Tenma.
Eva is crazy, it seems that she was going to give the gardner a chance but she wasn't lucky.
Jun 11, 2016 8:53 PM

Apr 2014
Johan needs to get around to killing this dumb thot asap
Aug 6, 2016 10:12 AM

Jan 2016
One of the worst most boring anime episodes i've ever seen.
Oct 8, 2016 12:35 PM

Jul 2016
Gardener OP, character page? I want to add him as a favorite.
Around the gif~
"It's a big mistake to think you're the only one who can turn into a car"
- Shiori Takatsuki
Dec 7, 2016 7:41 AM

May 2016
Firsr things first let's talk about Lunge who thought he is so carless about his family
And where did that wife come back I hoped they get a happy life But I guess not for her
Jan 13, 2017 1:04 PM

Mar 2008
what's with all these women in this anime? They're all fucking awful.
And why would that dude be interested in that bitch (Eva) anyway? And why would he take that whore of a wife back?

I don't get it.. so many pathetic characters. Just show us Tenma again, thanks.
Jan 27, 2017 4:31 PM
Feb 2015
starting to question who is more crazy Johan or Eva
Apr 7, 2017 6:14 AM

Jan 2017
i keep feeling sad for eva, i cant help it, even if i also dont like her
Jun 11, 2017 9:27 PM

May 2015
If one word comes to mind for a summary of this episode is cheating galore! XD

Damn, Lunge life & work life came crashing really hard...

I’m not defending Heinrich (he didn’t paid attention to her family and that is a no no in my book) but I never understand this kind of situations… if you are in a relationship and it is not going well broke it off, and then search for a loved one once again… but having an affair because the person who is in a relationship with you doesn’t paid attention to you makes you the same awful person as the one who did the neglecting.

If Eva is going to blame someone she needs to blame herself... she didn’t support Tenma and turn him down at a crucial momment (when she let go of the promise ring) and now she turned down the gardener (he was interested in her and was trying to make her happy) but she could not see that in time thus when the wife returned (by the way this woman was having an affair too) he forgives her and accept her back into his household therefore getting her happy end ruined...
Roy_FockerJun 11, 2017 9:57 PM
Jun 16, 2017 11:17 PM

Oct 2012
Awww, Lunge :(
I don't know whether I should feel bad for him or people around him

Is that just me or did I heart someone's heart break into pieces?
Eva bitch, serve you right(ざまをみろ)
Go back to Black Lagoon! xD

Oh that was a nice one episode backstory of our "villains"?
I don't understand their roles, but for sure they're not "good" guys
"Signature removed"
Jun 18, 2017 9:00 PM

Jan 2014
The one thing I realised from watching this anime is if you want to be dedicated to your work you should stay away from marriage. It's better that way. Better than dealing with the pain that your wife/husband left you for someone else.

And I think they should make Eva a true sister of johan. They both f*cked Tenma's life up.
Jan 29, 2018 1:33 PM
Dec 2017
This ep wasn't even close to a filler it explored more eva's personality nd curent state and made some character development
Btw even tho she is a bitch she is still best girl until now at least
And the coincidence of having the mother come was forced af and i felt sorry for her eva
She overeacted tho but meh all the characters overeact in this anime
Feb 7, 2018 12:52 AM

Mar 2014
Really good episode. Say whatever you want about Eva but she's a very interesting and complex character. I felt sympathy for her when she got that present lol. That being said, she really needs to get in touch with her feelings.
It was cool to see some more scenes focused on Lunge too. Seems like those two are gonna make a squad
Feb 25, 2018 8:35 PM

Sep 2017
Well, this ep did the great work of proving that not all women are saints.

TanKraft said:
The one thing I realised from watching this anime is if you want to be dedicated to your work you should stay away from marriage. It's better that way. Better than dealing with the pain that your wife/husband left you for someone else.

And I think they should make Eva a true sister of johan. They both f*cked Tenma's life up.

True that.

We start with a prostitute who has slept for many wealthy men just for a contract, and then move on to Eva, who has still not recovered even after 10 years and sleeping with countless more people than Barney Stinson.

Meanwhile, it seems that Lunge-san has trouble on his own end. But he shrugs it off like a badass. His wife becomes a loser by sleeping with another man and his daughter gets all knocked up by another loser. They prepare to leave and try to demand him whether he knew about it all along but my boy Lunge doesn't even leave them with a shred of mercy.

However, it seems that not all men think with their brains as it seems. Gardener guy lusts after Eva, due to some M fetish of his, and also tends to her gardens later on(if you know what I mean). He also just hits back at Eva and directly exposes what she is doing. Nice dumping her.

However it seems that he is also a bit foolish because he accepts his loser of a wife who just got dumped on Christmas Eve.(Such relationships do not last). Charlotte is no different from Eva and nothing you say will make me change otherwise. Also it seems that his daughter is no less of a jerk than Eva, considering she badmouths her own father instead of his mom who left her for some guy. I think Lunge dodged 2 bullets here, which the gardener didn't.

Well, good luck gardener. Not only are you now out of a job just because you pissed off Eva, but now due to your carefree attitude, your wife is just gonna dump you all over again. However, none of that matters anymore.

For now, i am all rooting for Lunge and not a shred of empathy to Eva. She did only 2 noble things this episode.

1. She ensured that her lover would get exposed. Apparently she has been doing this for a long time, so it is good that the guys get what they deserve for cheating on their wives.
  2. She brought a Christmas gift for the gardener's family. The sentiment is appreciated.

Overall, this episode has been the funniest one to date. I couldn't stop laughing myself when Tenma threatens the secretary and also when he dumps his family. Also equally hilarious is the moment when Eva is dumped by her gardener and she sets her house on fire. Man, karma does bite you back.
JeremiahOrangeFeb 25, 2018 8:39 PM

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Mar 6, 2018 7:37 AM

Feb 2015
Eva is the worst kind of character. Not only is she totally awful and evil, she's also incredibly uninteresting and boring. I hope someone kills her soon.
Mar 22, 2018 6:23 AM

Aug 2016
I feel they could make an entire anime/manga about that woman as a protagonist.
:v
Aug 12, 2018 5:23 AM
Apr 2018
Dude, wtf is wrong with this Eva? She burned down her entire place.
Sep 1, 2018 3:06 PM

Apr 2014
And here I thought Eva might have finally found her true happiness. Sad.
Sep 23, 2018 9:45 PM
Jul 2017
Esse final é intrigante ao mesmo tempo maravilhoso
Dec 1, 2018 10:06 PM

Jan 2017
anata wa honto ni sabishii hito
Dec 27, 2018 6:53 PM

Nov 2016
Another great episode and I really appreciate the thorough characterization presented here.

Lunge is so devoted to his work, calling him a workaholic might be an understatement.

Eva is as self centered as ever, a person that doesn't care about the feelings of others at all. She can try to pretend otherwise with something as mundane as a present, but as soon as things won't go her way she immediately snaps. Admittedly, she was already at the edge of a total fallout, but the gardener gave her the rest.

In a way I feel sorry for her, tho. This episode also showed us her vulnerable and helpless side. There might have been a chance for her to redeem herself as unlikely as it may be, but things turned out very unfortunate for her.

I'm definitely super interested to see more of her and Lunge as well.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 17, 2019 8:16 AM
Apr 2016
Damn, that Christmas situation, with Eva coming and crushing the gift...damn that was pretty sad... amazing episode.
Feb 23, 2019 8:41 PM

Jun 2015
Lmao bitch get got.
Feb 23, 2019 10:52 PM

Sep 2017
Wow, I didn't expect to get into the life of Lunge like that. I feel there's a lot of potential for growth now that was completely non existent before.

Eva completed flipped her shit. It was pretty brutal (and convenient) that gardeners wife would come back right as Eva was on her way over. Kinda sucks, but I guess they wanted some reason to really make Eva go nuts.
May 6, 2019 7:27 PM
Apr 2018
The gardener was so lame. Really, wasn't it clear enough that Eva had no feelings for him? Good that his wife came back though.

A twist I was not expecting: Lunge has just lost his job. I still don't feel sympathy for the guy: ignores his family, workaholic...
May 19, 2019 12:20 AM

May 2013
Eva is fucking INSANE.

Nate ©
Oct 22, 2019 8:32 AM

Dec 2018
I liked how Lunge uses checkmate style of interrogation instead of violence.

So.....Lunge mostly didn't give a damn about anything except his job. Thankfully, Johan didn't pay a visit to his family. Oh, wait Lunge would probably adopt Johan and ignore him, lol.

Well Eva and Lunge could get along and cover each others hole....
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Nov 11, 2019 10:32 AM
Jul 2018
"I'm not interested in justice or success, a woman was killed, I'm interested in the culprit"

ooof. Lunge!

woah, Eva had it bad.. felt bad for her and her gardener. Setting her garden and house on fire, so much self-destruction... tch. But this only makes me more excited about what she'll do in the upcoming episodes. She badly humiliated both Tenma and her gardener when they were all 'yes madam', and when they turn away either through circumstances or wilfully, she is left frustrated.
Feb 15, 2020 8:11 PM

May 2017
This show is just absolutely brutal...
Apr 7, 2020 5:21 PM

Apr 2018
i kinda felt bad for Eva when she went to the gardener's house

Rin Asogi
(RIN: Daughters of Mnemosyne)
May 9, 2020 11:59 PM

Jul 2016
For a moment, I felt bad for Eva... but it's karma for her. She took away the chance for Tenma to be happy in a relationship, so she got a taste of her own medicine.
May 16, 2020 5:16 PM

Nov 2017
Welp, Lunge got fired and Eva burned her mansion down.

The latter is really lonely and unhappy. It's like, you can be rich and fine as hell (physically any way) and still not be fulfilled. Bitch, ride a jet ski if you're not happy, lol. All she does is get drunk and sleep around (not that there's anything wrong with that, but it's in an attempt to fill a void). Again, she lost the only man who truly cared about her. So I guess she wants to make Dr. Tenma's life a living h*ck if she can't be with him any more.

Lunge has always been eccentric since the start so now I wonder what he's going to do
Jul 13, 2020 3:59 PM
Jul 2020
This is probably one of the best episodes in the series for me. It really sheds new light on our characters in a way that hasn't been done up until now. Eva is just a hurt woman who is afraid. The end of the episode melts your heart just watching it. And I don't know about anybody else, but Runge is my guy! But dammit, he's so cold towards his wife and child.
Sep 12, 2020 10:17 AM

May 2020
Every time I hear Eva speak, I just can't stop picturing big mom... I actually felt bad for her after seeing how happy she looked before seeing the mother come back through the window.
Sep 13, 2020 3:35 AM

Jul 2020
I feel bad for Lunge for losing his family and his position. But I’m not really impressed with his skills. Though he is really dedicated to his job, it seems like he just works out on what is presented to him and doesn’t think outside of it. His obsession with Tenma as the suspect says it all, he even suspected him to have a dissociative disorder, that Johan is just Tenma as well. He really didn’t check if Johan is real or not? I hope his skills will get better in the next few episodes or he will just a poor written character.

And I heard MADAO from Gintama lol I can’t help but laugh even though the scene were serious XD
Sep 30, 2020 8:21 AM

Dec 2007
the episode made everything for lung to be obssesed more with tenma.

other personality? that's kinda hard.

and eva did everything to be more pig than she was, i kinda start pity her at the end but then she burned her house....
Oct 31, 2020 2:50 PM

Aug 2018
This episode made me love monster even more. Pretty much half an episode was only focused on Lunge who at first looked like very mysterious character, It’s really hard to believe he even had a family in the first place.But now that we know so much more about him he can finally be viewed differently.

As for the Eva part, well shes one unstable woman. Good thing she never entered the gardeners house to ruin christmas for everyone else.
Dec 9, 2020 6:08 PM

Apr 2020
She runs off with another man and the pussy just accepts her back
AHHHHHHHHH
Dec 28, 2020 7:22 PM

Sep 2020
I find Runge to be a very fascinating character, although he is a crappy father and husband, he's still pretty likable as he was devoted to his job and seemed to be the only one in his firm that actually cared about solving the cases. Eva, where the hell do we start with Eva? It's clear as day she still has feelings for Tenma and I see her committing suicide in the near future, she got what she deserved with the gardener there. She was talking about the gardener not being good enough for her, bitch get outta here you ain't good enough for the gardener...

Arteta's Tricky Reds!

Jan 7, 2021 7:31 PM

Sep 2019
Tenma sure dodged a bullet there
Jan 8, 2021 6:04 AM

May 2010
I did feel sorry for poor Eva when she showed up to the gardners house, it felt like she may have finally been ready to open her heart a bit. But now she’s just regressed so much more. I look forward to her character arc! I’d love to see her become a good person. But it’ll be hard lmao.
Feb 15, 2021 11:30 PM

Jun 2020
Love this anime but this was probably the worst episode so far. I hope Eva plays a bigger role in the story in later eps so that this can be worth it
Apr 5, 2021 12:39 PM

Jul 2008
I have to admit I felt a little bad for Eva seeing the family in the window....a little. Then it went away because shes such a spoiled child turned psycho.

And it didn't even phase Lunge that his family left him...I don't know what to make of that at the moment.
Apr 22, 2021 2:11 AM
Dec 2018
What a bitter fucking bitch. Angry at other people's happiness. She the epitome of the toxic woman, any woman reading this you should be the opposite of her.
Jun 17, 2021 2:31 AM

Jul 2020
I wish the mother didn't came back. what a shame.

bitch is still a bitch
Jun 17, 2021 4:52 PM

Jan 2020
I still have nothing but hatred for eva. At least we got more screentime for lunge

Jun 18, 2021 9:55 PM

Sep 2018
It's so funny, I didn't expect that Inspector have a family. He's always serious and all. The ex-fiancee is really pathetic. Poor her.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Monster Episode 74 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

babykeiji - Apr 23, 2008

627 by wibugar »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Monster Episode 73 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Kayro - Apr 25, 2008

173 by ArtirSachi »»
May 6, 6:45 PM

Poll: » Monster Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Kayro - Apr 5, 2008

105 by puffle9000 »»
May 2, 11:25 PM

Poll: » Monster Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Kayro - Apr 3, 2008

149 by tectacles »»
May 2, 6:40 AM

Poll: » Monster Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Kayro - Apr 3, 2008

152 by tectacles »»
May 1, 8:17 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.