Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Mar 20, 2021 7:49 AM

Jul 2015
Would you say Highschool of the Dead has some Hentai component? Thanks
Mar 20, 2021 7:52 AM

Jul 2015
Nah. It's just garbage show with low quality fanservice used just to distract the viewer from the profound bullshit that is spilling from the screen.

Mar 20, 2021 7:54 AM

Feb 2021
It’s just plain old wretched fanservice. Correct me if I’m wrong but I didn’t recall any intimacy between the characters though.
Mar 20, 2021 7:56 AM

Sep 2018
Its definitely not hentai, its just garbage ecchi.
Blanks.
Mar 20, 2021 8:04 AM

Apr 2018
Not at all. An anime needs a lot more than just nudity to be classified as a hentai; it has to feature on-screen genitals (censored or not) engaging in a purely sexual context.

Hell, Aki-Sora has tons of on-screen sex and yet it's still technically just an ecchi anime because it never shows any genitals.
Mar 20, 2021 8:05 AM

Jul 2015
Mo168 said:
It’s just plain old wretched fanservice. Correct me if I’m wrong but I didn’t recall any intimacy between the characters though.

Would you consider some harem content? For example in the chapter 6 bath scene.
Mar 20, 2021 8:13 AM

Apr 2012
As others have noted here, it's just fanservice - there's quite a lot of it, and I would argue that the series is largely just a vehicle for it, but it is only fanservice nonetheless. Unless you want to redefine hentai as any sexual content or nudity on screen, in which case a lot more shows than just Highschool of the Dead will now have a "hentai component".
Mar 20, 2021 8:23 AM

Jul 2015
JohnGalt89 said:
As others have noted here, it's just fanservice - there's quite a lot of it, and I would argue that the series is largely just a vehicle for it, but it is only fanservice nonetheless. Unless you want to redefine hentai as any sexual content or nudity on screen, in which case a lot more shows than just Highschool of the Dead will now have a "hentai component".

Can fully nude breasts be considered explicit content?

Would you consider any part as harem?
Mar 20, 2021 8:25 AM

Mar 2019
All I remember from this series is that it had no doujins from the bus crew, and that's really a shame.

Anime was it's best 20000 years ago, when cavemen drew art with real depth.
Modern anime is all garbage. I miss great old days of anime.
Mar 20, 2021 8:26 AM

Jun 2016
No it's completely safe for work and totally wholesome.
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Mar 20, 2021 8:27 AM

Jan 2021
just fanservice, but honestly felt like a hentai at times.
"不幸だ!" - Kamijou Touma
Check out my anime list by clicking here (it's public now).

Mar 20, 2021 8:29 AM
Aug 2020
No, it's just really dumb over the top fanservice. Check it out if you like that
Mar 20, 2021 8:31 AM

Apr 2019
It isn't hentai as it avoids the Rx criteria (genitals, body fluids, penetration). But it can see hentai-land from it's house, to quote Sarah Palin.

Mar 20, 2021 8:34 AM

Jul 2015
inim said:
It isn't hentai as it avoids the Rx criteria (genitals, body fluids, penetration). But it can see hentai-land from it's house, to quote Sarah Palin.

Can you lend me that reference about Sarah Palin? Thanks.

Where can I found those Rx criteria? Can you give me that reference too? Thans!
Mar 20, 2021 8:35 AM

May 2018
inim said:

Well, iirc there was a scene with a loli peeing herself. Can it be considered body fluids?

Mar 20, 2021 8:45 AM

Apr 2019
Belsel said:
inim said:

There is an official document by the MPAA, but they intentionally keep it vague so there is room for individual decisions, So that 3 criteria are more or less precedent based, i.e. were used as hard criteria in the past. Rx also works "by exclusion". Any medium not rated by MPAA by default is Rx, and submitting it for review may result in another rating. So basically Rx means: didn't apply for MPAA rating or failed to meet NC-17. The official document is e.g. here: https://www.filmratings.com/Content/Downloads/rating_rules.pdf

EDIT: I see you are from Spain. MPAA is of course only the USA's national system, other countries use other national systems with different criteria and age cut-offs. I found a research paper looking into the situation inyour country: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/283755561_Content_rating_and_labelling_in_the_main_Spanish_televisions
inimMar 20, 2021 8:57 AM

Mar 20, 2021 8:53 AM

Apr 2012
Belsel said:
JohnGalt89 said:

I would consider it nudity but it's not a clear depiction of a sexual act, so I do not think it would be considered "explicit content".

As for the harem question, I think that's one you could make more of a case for. They have clearly set up multiple female characters to have interest in the MC. However, it's a surface level similarity and not a major focus. So while I would say there is a harem-like aspect in that regard, if I was in charge of handling the tags for the show, I would not put a "harem" label on it.
Mar 20, 2021 9:01 AM

Jul 2015
inim said:
Belsel said:

There is an official document by the MPAA, but they intentionally keep it vague so there is room for individual decisions, So that 3 criteria are more or less precedent based, i.e. were used as hard criteria in the past. Rx also works "by exclusion". Any medium not rated by MPAA by default is Rx, and submitting it for review may result in another rating. So basically Rx means: didn't apply for MPAA rating or failed to meet NC-17. The official document is e.g. here: https://www.filmratings.com/Content/Downloads/rating_rules.pdf

EDIT: I see you are from Spain. MPAA is of course only the USA's national system, other countries use other national systems with different criteria and age cut-offs. I found a research paper looking into the situation inyour country: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/283755561_Content_rating_and_labelling_in_the_main_Spanish_televisions

Hey you edit was fast! hehe

Yeah I already have some information related to my country. EEUU info is useful to know anyway. Thanks
Mar 20, 2021 9:02 AM

Jul 2015
JohnGalt89 said:
Belsel said:

I would consider it nudity but it's not a clear depiction of a sexual act, so I do not think it would be considered "explicit content".

As for the harem question, I think that's one you could make more of a case for. They have clearly set up multiple female characters to have interest in the MC. However, it's a surface level similarity and not a major focus. So while I would say there is a harem-like aspect in that regard, if I was in charge of handling the tags for the show, I would not put a "harem" label on it.

Perfect, thank you for you answers.
Mar 20, 2021 9:03 AM

Apr 2019
JohnGalt89 said:
Belsel said:
Can fully nude breasts be considered explicit content? Would you consider any part as harem?

In my experience, nudity is handled like this. PG-13 allows brief female nudity, but no nipples must be visible (drawn). Panty shots are allowed, but only if they do not display the "camel toe" pattern. Brief display of "barbie style" female unclothed lower body region is possible, as long as there is no touching (self or others). Example. Spice and Wolf is PG-13 with full frontal nudity. Whether visible nipples,boners trough clothing and camel toes result in R (17 with accompanying adult) or R+ (only 18 or older, no exceptions) is case by case. Please note that the criteria "nudity" and "sex" are independent, simulated fully clothed sex may result in R+ if it is "lewd" enough.

Harem story elements to the best of my knowledge are not rating relevant in terms of age restrictions.

Apr 15, 2021 6:08 AM

Aug 2018
it's far from being a hentai

has great boob physics though

Apr 15, 2021 6:20 AM

Oct 2010
no but it's a very good zombie apocalypse survival anime with hot chicks and sexy scenes
Apr 15, 2021 6:21 AM

Aug 2018
It's very ecchi, that's for certain - close, but no cigar!
╔════════════════ • • ════════════════╗
Sometimes it feels like I've got a war in my mind
I want to get off, but I keep riding the ride
I never really noticed that I had to decide
To play someone's game, or live my own life
- Get Free, Lana Del Rey

╚════════════════ • • ════════════════╝
Jun 2, 2023 8:18 AM

Oct 2013
No, not at all. It's just full of ecchi and fanservice, but far from the hentai territory whatsoever.
Jun 2, 2023 8:32 AM
Feb 2022
Nope.
It's a family anime telling you how horny humans are even at the times of disaster, the true face(and basically aim) of humanity.
Watch with your big sis or brother, you all will get enlightenment.
Jun 2, 2023 8:56 AM
May 2015
Quite simple to answer. It doesn't. Case closed.
Jun 2, 2023 9:07 AM

Jun 2017
The mangaka used to draw hentai, if that counts.
My waifu is the most wonderful waifu. Mai Valentine.
Jun 2, 2023 9:18 AM

Apr 2012
Is this some kind of bait thread? Why is OP trying so hard to reduce any fanservice to hentai and harems?
Jun 2, 2023 9:28 AM

Jan 2023
It's fanservice, it is as shrimple as that.
Jun 2, 2023 9:33 AM

Jan 2021
Only the OVA at best, and still it wouldn't count as one. Madhouse should have made the OVA a hentai.

Btw, who revived this 2 years old thread?
Jun 2, 2023 9:47 AM

May 2019
No, it doesn't it's just a trashy ecchi show.
Jun 17, 2023 7:13 AM

Jul 2015
Ionliosite2 said:
Only the OVA at best, and still it wouldn't count as one. Madhouse should have made the OVA a hentai.

Btw, who revived this 2 years old thread?
I dont know, someone did XD
RobertBobert said:
Is this some kind of bait thread? Why is OP trying so hard to reduce any fanservice to hentai and harems?
Lol I am not. When I asked it years ago, I was doing a thesis and it was a real question, take it easy XD

More topics from this board

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

FaithoftheFallen - Aug 8, 2010

491 by Blaybourne »»
May 20, 9:43 AM

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Amphetamine - Jul 4, 2010

1365 by Ksooosavage »»
May 5, 6:43 PM

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Aversa - Aug 29, 2010

542 by Hue_Enjoyer »»
Apr 25, 11:17 PM

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

FaithoftheFallen - Aug 15, 2010

425 by Hue_Enjoyer »»
Apr 25, 9:22 PM

» If Highschool of the Dead did NOT involve zombies

LAKool-AidGang - Jul 7, 2023

18 by CombatMagic »»
Apr 11, 8:18 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.