Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
May 22, 2016 12:14 PM

Apr 2014
wow this anime really is great so far. usually these type of sidestories bore me and seem like fillers but i'm enjoying them in this anime

Tenma is my favorite character in this so far, i really think he has the potential to make it on my favorite characters list. as long as he doesn't drastically change and become a cruel person, that is. i hope he stays a good person until the end
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 25, 2016 3:30 PM

Feb 2013
Hartmann is a sick bastard, he was trying to make another Johan.
I don't even wanna think what he was doing to Dieter and what he did to all the others before.
Jul 3, 2016 3:38 AM

Aug 2014
Intense episode, it interesting to know that Johan was adopted and Liebert isn't his actual Surname.
Great Episode.
Aug 1, 2016 10:58 AM

Jan 2016
that old fart needs to die
Dec 5, 2016 8:35 AM

May 2016
Finally the pace is going faster that bastard hartman that was the worst Aishteru that I've ever heared in my life [Aishteru means I love you but they say it when its a serious relationship ]
Apr 17, 2017 10:18 PM

Dec 2014
I'm kind of glad he was already twisted before he went to the orphanage. Makes me even more interested in his backstory.
Jun 11, 2017 7:53 PM

May 2015
Why Hartmann didn’t use the shotgun on himself...? Glad that Dieter got free of that abusive relationship (if you can call that relationship)...
Jun 16, 2017 9:26 AM

Oct 2012
I will never understand that old man's thinking
First he abused Dieter like he's not a human, then he's screaming for him to go back???
"DIIIITAAAAAAAA"

I guess Dieter will go adventuring a lot of things with Tenma
"Signature removed"
Sep 25, 2017 9:54 AM
Jul 2017
After episode 10 I was considering dropping this series because of the pace really slowing down and that annoying theif character, but episodes 11 and 12 were excellent. Definitely going to keep watching.
Feb 6, 2018 10:23 AM

Mar 2014
DIETAAAAAAAAA!!

really intense episode, I loved it, although it was disturbing considering what Dieter had to go through. Poor kid. Hartmann is a psychotic
Feb 22, 2018 1:44 PM

Apr 2016
I was glad that Dieter didn't die, any other seinen anime would have him die a horrible death because they could get away with it. This really is one of a kind.
Feb 25, 2018 6:04 PM

Sep 2017
Well, Dieter is finally free. Also, the ed just changed its pics. More badass backstory from Johan, as usual.

Question: Do psychopaths usually break down quick when they lose?

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Nov 29, 2018 1:53 PM

Jan 2017
it is really interesting to see the disparity of morals among the characters. dr tenma, a kind, sympathetic person, believes tomorrow will be a good day. then you have the director of the health ministry with a cruel, dismal view of the world.

it sucks how dieter was controlled by the foster parent. he instilled fear in him, as a means of control. that is why he gave in while at the hospital. fear is another theme that is prevalent throughout this show.
Dec 27, 2018 5:04 PM

Nov 2016
Very interesting arc, we got so many infos and Tenma is one step closer to the truth.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 17, 2019 7:22 AM
Apr 2016
What twisted love Hartmann had for Dieter...damn... Good thrilling episode.
Feb 25, 2019 5:58 AM

Jan 2015
Poor Ditter. I wonder when Johann will make his appearance.
Jun 8, 2019 5:30 AM

Oct 2013
This was a thrilling duology, contrasts sharply with the last chain of episodes being a bit more relaxed. And I enjoyed it, but something about these two episodes rubs me the wrong way. There were a handful of moments that felt completely unrealistic to me.

Still good stuff.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Jun 11, 2019 7:30 PM
Mar 2018
DIEEETAAAAAAAAHR
Oct 19, 2019 9:32 PM

Dec 2018
Johan is sent from hell.

Tenma let away 1 potential Monsters, guess he didn't care, his focus was only Johan.
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Nov 11, 2019 8:50 AM
Jul 2018
absolutely terrifying
Apr 12, 2020 2:16 AM
May 2017
Great episode, but it really irritated me that Tenma didn't immediately shoot Hartman as soon as he saw the shotgun and the child.
May 16, 2020 4:00 PM

Nov 2017
Hartmann, you are too old to be a nihilistic, cynical edgelord, you p.o.s. &++ trying to make Dieter more like Johan? So do it by physically abusing him, and trying to instill nihilistic crap in his philosophy?

But glad, this has a happy ending! Dieter deserves better!
Aug 24, 2020 11:03 AM
Mar 2020
that blonde nurse tho, a Karren from the age before were started calling them Karren :P
Sep 13, 2020 2:18 AM

Jul 2020
Johan really is in a way, way different level if he’s that manipulative at the age of ten. My guts were right that he’s behind the murder of entire staff in that orphanage. I wonder how Johan become something like that if he arrived at the orphanage already a psychopath that he is.

And I find Hartmann‘s behavior toward Dieter really odd and confusing. He’s physically abusing the child and wants to shoot him dead, but ended up not doing it. Even crying out when he leaves. Maybe he’s just crazy.
Sep 17, 2020 4:25 PM

Jan 2014
So...
The experimentation wasn't all what there was behind Johann's psycho behaviour...
What was the first seed that made him that way? Kinderheim 511 tho has to have worsened his condition.

Hartmann has to be a Soviet brainwashed guy, that still hasn't moved on since the fall of the Union.
It still isn't free from the fear it instigated him, and now that corrupted mind made him abusive towards the kids he took in, in his ways of finding Johann in them.

Now onto finding general Wolf.
Sep 30, 2020 6:55 AM

Dec 2007
tenma got another lead to his journey.

hartman is psycho.

and deter is good kid.
Oct 30, 2020 10:32 PM

Aug 2018
A great episode with horrifying parts in it. Seeing Dieter choosing to come with Tenma at the end was just a very awesome moment.
Dec 24, 2020 11:34 PM
Dec 2020
VARIAchan said:
Tenma should have shot him. D:<
Man he's is doctor and doctors save life and it must be hard for even a normal person to take such a risk as he was already having heat of police and was declared a fugitive...................
Jan 7, 2021 9:04 PM

May 2010
With the way this show makes anyone close to Tenma a target for death, I’m pleasantly surprised with this episodes outcome lol. Although I guess there’s still a lot more show left where Dieter can get the axe.
Jan 18, 2021 9:18 AM

Feb 2020
Best episode so far
Feb 14, 2021 11:00 PM

Jun 2020
Can't explain why but I feel for Dieter
Mar 14, 2021 1:17 PM

Jul 2008
Oh great so Johan was a monster from birth....the world is dark.
Apr 16, 2021 5:25 PM

Aug 2011
How come all the homes in this show seem to be left unlocked? It's like the third time now that Tenma has just easily walked into a home. So far I'm really digging this series! There's just nonstop suspense
desu desu binches
Jun 16, 2021 8:20 PM

Jul 2020
great decision Dieteeeeah
Jun 17, 2021 4:46 PM

Jan 2020
Dieter is pretty damn likable. I'm glad he's not the "next johan" and it seems like he'll be sticking with tenma which is dope.

The small bits of johan info here and there are perfect of building up mystery

Jun 30, 2021 9:12 AM

Jan 2021
Deeeeeeeeetttttttttaaaaahhhhhhhrrrrrrrrr
Aug 23, 2021 1:05 PM
Dec 2018
this one was sad asf :(

pls pls temna don't leave dieter alonee :((((
Oct 11, 2021 3:36 PM

Jul 2015
I know the nurse didn't know any better on Dieter but damn did I want to punch her smug face.

Johan truly is a monster if he made 50 people fight each other to the death at age 10.

Oct 28, 2021 3:42 AM

Oct 2013
So Johan was already messed up even before he came to the orphanage...

I'm glad that Dieter was saved from that idiotic abuser.
Nov 26, 2021 12:45 PM
Nov 2020
The moment I heard Dieter's voice, I knew it was Naruto
Dec 4, 2021 11:05 PM

Aug 2020
This shows the power of Johan as a kid. Just imagine now.

This show is really true to its history. I need to do some research.

DO NOT Cʟɪᴄᴋ Tʜᴇ Lɪɴᴋ Bᴇʟᴏᴡ:
👉 ʜᴛᴘs://ᴍʏᴀɴɪᴍᴇʟɪsᴛ.ɴᴇᴛ/ᴅᴏ-ɴᴏᴛ-ᴄʟɪᴄᴋ-ᴛʜɪᴤ-ʟɪɴᴋ 👈

Apr 17, 2022 8:51 PM

Mar 2020
Naff episode. I was enjoying this when it had the whole cat and mouse value of human life thing going for it, but the past couple of episodes have derailed into being about a bunch of inconsequential directionless shit that isn't interesting or meaningful. Absolute evil antagonists are cool as hell, though trying to justify why they are the way they are is counterintuitive from the get-go since they're already so far removed from reality to begin with.

It really makes you wonder why Tenma didn't just tackle Johan to the ground and stomp his shit in when he was standing right beside him back in episode 4. I don't understand why he's so involved in learning about his past and pinning him to his crimes since he clearly wants that fucker dead.
May 5, 2022 12:00 PM

Feb 2021
XeroBeat said:
Naff episode. I was enjoying this when it had the whole cat and mouse value of human life thing going for it, but the past couple of episodes have derailed into being about a bunch of inconsequential directionless shit that isn't interesting or meaningful. Absolute evil antagonists are cool as hell, though trying to justify why they are the way they are is counterintuitive from the get-go since they're already so far removed from reality to begin with.

It really makes you wonder why Tenma didn't just tackle Johan to the ground and stomp his shit in when he was standing right beside him back in episode 4. I don't understand why he's so involved in learning about his past and pinning him to his crimes since he clearly wants that fucker dead.
You wouldn't be shocked in his position? He was too overwhelmed to move, probably thinking about how he helped a murderer from dying, plus he's a doctor, his instinct isn't to recklessly fight him. But I can agree how some of the last few eps have taken more of an episodic structure. Each gives a major detail that contributes to the mystery but the rest ends up being some filler plot
May 5, 2022 2:53 PM

Mar 2020
Crack said:
XeroBeat said:

You wouldn't be shocked in his position? He was too overwhelmed to move, probably thinking about how he helped a murderer from dying, plus he's a doctor, his instinct isn't to recklessly fight him. But I can agree how some of the last few eps have taken more of an episodic structure. Each gives a major detail that contributes to the mystery but the rest ends up being some filler plot

The deal with Tenma's character is that he acts impulsively relative to what he believes is moral, which is why he saved Johan's life over the mayor's and why he decided to become so heavily invested in rescuing Dieter from Hartmann. His bullheadedness likely comes from the expectation that the only real opportunity he has in making a change is right within the present, which would be quite befitting of his occupation as a doctor.
May 6, 2022 11:41 PM

Feb 2021
XeroBeat said:
Crack said:

The deal with Tenma's character is that he acts impulsively relative to what he believes is moral, which is why he saved Johan's life over the mayor's and why he decided to become so heavily invested in rescuing Dieter from Hartmann. His bullheadedness likely comes from the expectation that the only real opportunity he has in making a change is right within the present, which would be quite befitting of his occupation as a doctor.
I think another part of it is the story wants we as viewers to disagree with the foul moral depiction that's being displayed through the mystery, and that's another reason why he behaves like that, because we as the audience supposedly want him to fight against any wrongdoing, and his attributes as a character provide extra context to it too
Aug 9, 2022 1:01 PM

Mar 2022
Great, now we have started to get information about lore and Johan.
Aug 13, 2022 5:07 AM

Sep 2020
Should have just shot the bastard. Ah well, hopefully Dieter has a happy future, and good job on the doctor for what he did there. I like these tiny "arcs" present in the story.
Dec 1, 2022 8:49 PM
Nov 2022
dieter best boy! it’s so brave to believe in being better, even after all the trauma u endure
Jan 7, 2023 8:09 AM
Sep 2007
That hospital staff let the boy get taken by different man than the one who brought him in... What could possibly go wrong?

That creepy old guy tried to make Dieter another Johan...

Tenma was probably the first adult that showed Dieter some kindness, no wonder kid tried to follow him.
Jan 9, 2023 2:45 PM
Oct 2019
Dieter didn't deserve this bad circumstances. I hope he will become the greatest football player of all time haha.

Hartmann was a very disgusting pig.

This episode was another masterpiece btw.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Monster Episode 74 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

babykeiji - Apr 23, 2008

627 by wibugar »»
Yesterday, 2:50 PM

Poll: » Monster Episode 73 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Kayro - Apr 25, 2008

173 by ArtirSachi »»
May 6, 6:45 PM

Poll: » Monster Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Kayro - Apr 5, 2008

105 by puffle9000 »»
May 2, 11:25 PM

Poll: » Monster Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Kayro - Apr 3, 2008

149 by tectacles »»
May 2, 6:40 AM

Poll: » Monster Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Kayro - Apr 3, 2008

152 by tectacles »»
May 1, 8:17 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.