Forum Settings
Forums

'Nanatsu no Taizai' Gets New Anime Film in Summer 2021

New
Jan 19, 2021 8:48 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013

Kodansha announced a new anime film for Nakaba Suzuki's Nanatsu no Taizai (The Seven Deadly Sins) manga on Wednesday. The film, subtitled Hikari ni Norowareshi Mono-tachi (Cursed by Light), will feature an original story by Suzuki. Toei will distribute the film in Summer 2021.

Suzuki began serializing the adventure fantasy manga in Weekly Shounen Magazine in October 2012 and ended it last March. Kodansha published the 41th and final volume on May 15 last year. Nanatsu no Taizai has a cumulative 37 million copies of its compiled volumes in circulation.

A-1 Pictures adapted manga into a 24-episode television anime in Fall 2014, followed by the four-episode Seisen no Shirushi (Signs of Holy War) television special in Summer 2016. Imashime no Fukkatsu (Revival of the Commandments), the second season, premiered in Winter 2018.

The Tenkuu no Torawarebito (Prisoners of the Sky) anime film opened in Japan in August 2018. Kamigami no Gekirin (Wrath of the Gods), the third season produced by Studio Deen, aired in 24 episodes in Fall 2019. The fourth and latest season, Funnu no Shinpan, premiered on January 13.

Kodansha Comics licensed the manga in English in 2013 and released the 40th volume on November 17 last year. The 41st and final volume is planned for a January 26 release.

Official site: https://eiga.7-taizai.net/
Official Twitter: @7_taizai

Source: Anime! Anime!

Nanatsu no Taizai Movie 2: Hikari ni Norowareshi Mono-tachi on MAL
VindstotOct 15, 2023 7:16 PM

Jan 19, 2021 9:23 PM

Mar 2020
atleast let the animation be damn good since its a movie
Jan 19, 2021 9:26 PM

Apr 2017
How much more can this series get milked, my god.
cunnysseur
Jan 19, 2021 9:31 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
an original anime film, huh?

I guess Kodansha thinks SDS fans haven't suffered enough if this is the result since A-1 stopped working on it. feelsbadman
Jan 19, 2021 9:47 PM

Oct 2017
Give it a fuckin rest damn it.
Jan 19, 2021 10:06 PM

Feb 2017
I'm starting to hate Nanatsu no taizai.
The truly intelligent person is one who can pretend to be a fool in front of a fool who pretends to be intelligent.
Jan 19, 2021 10:38 PM

May 2019
It will probably at least look good since it's a movie.
Also, can someone maybe explain the "Toei will distribute the film" part a bit?
Gintoki and Sugita's birthdays are 1 day apart.
Jan 19, 2021 11:50 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Considering how the first movie flopped (which was also probably a reason as to why Aniplex dropped the series and the studio had to change), I'm surprised that Kodansha even considered making a second movie, lol. Apparently this is meant to be an anime-original sequel to the current season (which will probably cover the end of the manga), so maybe 7DS might be able to end with some level of dignity. And although I'm not expecting much, but with a movie budget, the animation should be more tolerable.
Jan 20, 2021 12:11 AM

Jul 2017
As a big NNT fan, I'm excited about this new story movie. I do hope they will try to do their best this time for once on the animation, tho...
Jan 20, 2021 12:42 AM
May 2020
a movie might actually get a good animation right here
Jan 20, 2021 1:17 AM
Jan 2021
atleast let the animation be damn good since its a movie
Jan 20, 2021 3:20 AM
Feb 2020
I guess since it's written by Nakaba Suzuki sensei it will have a nice plot,and the animation will hopefully be good since it's a movie
Jan 20, 2021 4:57 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
I'm honestly baffled by this...
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jan 20, 2021 12:51 PM

Sep 2011
I'm surprised this thing is still going. No thanks.

"They escaped the weight of darkness,
to forge a path into the marrow of the spirit.
They chose to drown in a deeper vacancy,
an emptiness that quells the null,
a pool for the forgotten..."
Jan 22, 2021 8:36 AM

Aug 2010
I didn't know it was still popular enough for a new film, but why not?
Bum Bum Dum Dum

Jan 22, 2021 7:03 PM

Sep 2013
💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩
Jan 25, 2021 8:53 AM
Jan 2021
As a Seven Deadly Sins fan. This certainly excites me a great deal. I mean it's a movie, right? So I guess we'll see if an anime movie truly equals good animation. I'm not uber strict on animation. Though I do have standards. I'm a visual orientated person. Though that doesn't mean I'm not interested in Nakaba doing an original story.

Hopefully, something the manga reading community don't know too much about. So I can avoid spoilers easier lol. Especially since this one continues after the story which should be a big attraction. So no matter what we see in this finale. I guess we can say. It's not truly over yet. Leaving us curious about the movie.

Though with the movie brought up. With it releasing this summer. In which Toei will distribute the film. That got me thinking. If they're trying to pull an MHA season 4. Doing the show and movie at the same time? Because let's just say the film is distributed in July. That's like 6 months away. Who knows maybe it's done? Though that wouldn't make any sense with the distribution being summer.

This brings me to ask. Are they really animating the movie and show at the same time? I mean they have to. I've never heard a single rumor of Wrath of the Gods animation sucking because of a movie or something. So this has to be somewhat recent news. Considering this post was made a few weeks ago. If that's the case that'd be something else. While I've heard overall improvements in art and animation. Regarding the final season. It's still nothing like the first two seasons.

So it'd be a shame. Considering the finale season might get an iffy send-off. With people saying quite a bit of good stuff is to come. Even though the final part of the series. Is the most controversial part from what I heard. With it not being approved too well. Kinda like the Shinobi War arc in Naruto. In the end, I just hope this series works out well.
Feb 12, 2021 6:24 AM
Feb 2021
I am pretty exited for the new movie!
Mar 13, 2021 12:32 AM
Mar 2020
Fuck these producers, they already made a joke of Nanatsu No Taizai Anime, and now this. I would pay to stop animating this series. These bastards are just promoting sequal manga and game, it is not for entertainment purpose, this movie is going to underperform even more than 1st movie but producers object of promoting game and manga will be achieved. They don't care about quality and feedback of fans anymore, they just want to make money ASAP. And Deen is not an studio from which you can expect anything.
Mar 20, 2021 7:16 PM
Mar 2021
Ca me tue de me dire que tous ca c'est a cause de A-1 studio ! 😡

Ca me tue de voir d'autre commu d'autre mangas entrain de s'extasier devant leur anime fait par un studio merveilleux comme ( mappa , A-1 ,... ) 😭

Jpp sibon de me dire que dans une autre réalité 7ds est animé par A-1 et pas par DEEN 🤡 qui ne non R foutre de l'animation

Il faut brûlé leur studio de soulette 👺
Mar 21, 2021 5:04 AM
Jul 2020
Probably never gonna see it specially when Netflix stores s4 somewhere and streaming services doesn't publish many movies for some reason.
Mar 23, 2021 3:44 PM
Nov 2020
Let's just hope they animate this better than season 3 animations.

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Kinoko Inu' Receives TV Anime in Fall 2024

Hyperion_PS - 4 hours ago

1 by KryzakamiHrybami »»
2 hours ago

» Manga 'Kuroiwa Medaka ni Watashi no Kawaii ga Tsuujinai' Gets TV Anime

Hyperion_PS - 5 hours ago

10 by Zedlin »»
3 hours ago

» Smartphone Game 'Garena Free Fire' Gets Anime Project

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

37 by Zedlin »»
3 hours ago

» Manga 'Kakushite! Makina-san!!' Gets TV Anime in 2025

Vindstot - May 9

15 by Piromysl »»
9 hours ago

» 'Kimi no Iro' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

6 by RobertBobert »»
Yesterday, 11:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.