Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Seven Deadly Sins
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 13, 2021 1:27 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Two dark monsters fighting among themselves. Oh, it seems like it's the immortal member of the group and his beloved fairy queen saved him.

The introduction changed from the group to the story thus far, to heat up the final arc.

OP is nice.

Different groups chasing and entering. That goddess as princess's sister suggesting two humans to kill KajiKaji's character, will two humans obey her or the witch?

Witch group got there fastest and facing the demons w. KajiKaji's character who is becoming demon lord. Facing two teachers at once.

Immortal member then continues onward while facing other monsters there. He found the "danchou" ver. of KajiKaji's character (? or just dreaming him) after fighting a monster for a long time and it became friendly w. him. KajiKaji's character must have been bearing so long that he cried after seeing him.

ED feels like Shingeki song from composed by the composer. It's nice.

New animation for preview, too colorful. Explaining what "Funnu" (not Fundo) means.

Edit: KajiKaji tweeted that the dragon monster that fought immortal member was voiced by him, too.
https://twitter.com/KAJI__OFFICIAL/status/1349286113093902338

24 Eps. Total
https://7-taizai.net/bddvd/
tsubasaloverJan 13, 2021 1:41 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jan 13, 2021 1:28 AM

Apr 2020
Studio Deen, here we go again.

Let's see, if there are any developments from the previous season, or not.

Finally I could see the condition of Ban who was in Purgatory, fortunately he was immortal, so he was fine while in Purgatory.

That hug scene ...
Jan 13, 2021 1:32 AM

Jul 2017
The final season HAS ARRIVED. Hopefully we'll finish the manga by the time this ends.

From Purgatory: Ban truly lost his soul after losing Elaine, and meeting Meliodas back, it's despair in the dark sense and finding Meliodas in the travesty.

Meanwhile, all the parties have arrived in Meliodas's dark Demon Lord chamber: The remainder of the Four Archangels, Ten Commandments and Seven Deadly Sins facing each other for a showdown.

No surprise, Studio Deen and Marvy Jack are back again for subpar quality...though this premiere episode shows some improvement.

Hopefully we'll see things turn around this time.
KANLen09Jan 15, 2021 9:17 PM
Jan 13, 2021 2:40 AM
Aug 2020
Ep was pretty neat. Main question was why did bans hair get removed during the fight
Jan 13, 2021 2:49 AM
Aug 2008
Animation was good. I have a hope for this.

But then I remember plot from manga. Eh.
Jan 13, 2021 4:47 AM
Jan 2020
watched the eps 1, yes the graphic animation improved but still, the fight are shit lmao, why you all hoping for this. bruh. theres no hope that the fight will be good. if nanatsu adapted by pierrot studios maybe theres a hope.
Jan 13, 2021 4:54 AM
Oct 2018
does netflix have it with subs?
Jan 13, 2021 5:04 AM
Aug 2019
sidz250 said:
Ep was pretty neat. Main question was why did bans hair get removed during the fight
lmaoo i also wanna know and after that fight his hair grew back. Maybe they had been fighting for a year or something lol
Jan 13, 2021 6:04 AM

Oct 2020
DoggoBoii said:
where the fuck did u guys watch this
A certain site that's named after sounds that cat makes
Jan 13, 2021 6:11 AM
Apr 2020
A bit disappointed with the rating after 1st episode, hope it get better, like munou na nana.
Jan 13, 2021 6:23 AM

Dec 2015
28012001 said:
A bit disappointed with the rating after 1st episode, hope it get better, like munou na nana.
This rating doesnt mean anything, its only less than 200 people and if you ever payed attention, lots of new anime start very low when it has been out for a few hours.
Jan 13, 2021 6:45 AM

Oct 2017
Wow surprisingly this wasn't shit and decently made. New OP/ED both were cool, like both of em.

Starting the season with intense fight. A 3 on 3 between the Archangel, Merlin and Escanor vs Zeldris, his and Meliodas's master which looks good so far. Meanwhile Ban is in purgatory going through hell to find Meliodas and all that pain wasn't for nothing cause he finally found him. That last scene was quite touching.
MegamiRemJan 14, 2021 5:28 AM
Jan 13, 2021 6:51 AM
Nov 2020
I thought it was only out on Japanese tv
Jan 13, 2021 7:07 AM

May 2017
Well it's about what I expected, in that I had a little hope this season would be a tiny bit better and that's about what it is. Animation's not better but the art definitely is, though it is the first episode so I'm withholding my judgment for now. Scene at the end was a little touching seeing that Ban and Meliodas haven't seen each other for almost an entire season and in universe probably decades. I'm assuming this season will cap off the entire manga? The opening shows stuff that implies it could be the case, at least to my knowledge.
Jan 13, 2021 7:09 AM

Nov 2016
It's not the animation that has me worried, it's the plot.

Still there will be some hype moments and I hope that at least these will receive justice.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 13, 2021 7:15 AM

Jul 2017
FMmatron said:
It's not the animation that has me worried, it's the plot.

Still there will be some hype moments and I hope that at least these will receive justice.

The animation may be the smallest of our problems at the ending of the season, LMAO.

At least the purgatory arc was decent in the manga. Let's hope the anime does at least some justice to it. I don't have much hype for the rest, though, but we'll see how it goes.
Jan 13, 2021 7:56 AM

Jun 2019
Looks like Ban has finally found Meliodas's feelings. Idk what to expect from Studio Deen this season but let's see. OP was good. I hope they'll at least improve the animation in comparison to last season.
Jan 13, 2021 7:58 AM

Oct 2020

mybe i should watch it with higher graphic to get the epic battle :>>>>>>>>>>

Jan 13, 2021 8:10 AM

Jan 2021
Very good OP and either then that, the whole episode wasn't anything special but it's better then powerpoint presentations moving around so I'm satisfied
Jan 13, 2021 8:25 AM

Mar 2019
Only thing I'm gonna say about the animation, cause aren't people talking enough about that, is that I think it's fine. Better, yes. But I stayed for the story.

OP is a freaking BOP!

Is no one gonna talk about the last scene? Cause that freaking broke my heart, how the dragon was actually Meliodas and he and Ban fought like they always did, and that hug scene. OMG T.T

I was genuinely very excited for this, and I'm still very excited for next episode >.<
Jan 13, 2021 8:28 AM

Nov 2018
Let's see how this season is handled (( animation))
Jan 13, 2021 8:41 AM
Apr 2018
I still think the animation is a lot worse than the first 2 seasons, Studio Deen is just horrible IMO.
The style fits comedies such as Konosuba but the "fighting scenes" are just the same 2 frames repeated over and over there's no love and no real feel to these fights;
as an example I'd like to take the fighting scene between Ban and the dragon, which was "left punch", "Right punch" repeated for around 7 seconds, now let's take a first encounter between gilthunder and meliodas from season one where they throw the spear to each other or even the Movie "The Seven Deadly Sins the Movie: Prisoners of the Sky" (that were both made by A1 <3 ). where everything just looks perfect to the smallest details

TL;DR Deen = bad , A1 = good
Jan 13, 2021 8:47 AM
Apr 2017
I really like the new OP and especially ED

Visuals are much better than last season imo, hoping they stay to this standard

Also interesting that they're mixing events around to keep swapping view points, compared to the manga
Jan 13, 2021 8:48 AM

Jul 2017
At least the OP and ED songs are really good and worth getting the full releases when they're out hehe...
Jan 13, 2021 8:56 AM
Jan 2021
still Deen... i will pass this season too :v
#RIPNNT
Jan 13, 2021 8:58 AM
Sep 2020
I hope that it doesn't disappoint, by the way the op & ed is pretty good
Jan 13, 2021 9:29 AM

Mar 2015
Best way to get haircut. I guess?
Jan 13, 2021 9:30 AM

Dec 2015
Did anyone read the reviews? Thats funny as hell.
Jan 13, 2021 9:54 AM
Jul 2018
ok, animation looks just as bad as last season sobut i wasnt really expecting much so that's fine i guess. seems like ban was in purgatory for a real long time, nice that he finally found meliodas. heard lots about how much more powerful ban gets after purgatory so i guess we'll find out soon
Jan 13, 2021 10:31 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Well the animation is bad compared to S1 and S2 but it's still way better than S3 one, let's hope the plot is gonna be interesting
Jan 13, 2021 10:52 AM
孔ēœŸćƒ»ć‚³ć‚¦ćƒžć‚³ćƒˆ

Jun 2017
Well, it's good to see that the Animation seems to have upped a notch but here's to hoping it doesn't revert back to Kamigami no Gekirin level in a few episodes' time or so.

Ban's having it real rough there but finally a glimmer of hope for him. I don't think I was paying too much attention during the previous season so hopefully they'll clear it up next episode. Hilarious how the fight took care of his beard btw.

Meanwhile, the big matchup between the Demons and the alliance force is finally underway. Fairly underwhelming to be frank but better which is always a good thing.

Op visuals looked pretty good and suggested something along the lines of "Welcome to Hell, Nanatsu no Taizai." which honestly is interesting but I'll keep my hopes in check. Have yet to hear a positive input for this final arc. Also, the ED was fantastic! ReoNa joins the Sawano-harem xD. Jokes aside, it's a collab I had been hoping ever since ReoNa first featured in SAO: Aliciazation so my expectations were high but it's easily met. MV out and shared below:

#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jan 13, 2021 11:13 AM

Sep 2019
I don’t remember much about the previous season but animation looks a lot better from what I remember.
Jan 13, 2021 11:19 AM

Dec 2013
At the very least so far there was no cum all over the screen so that already makes it 1000x better than last season, animation could be better but we know it could be so much worse.
Jan 13, 2021 11:41 AM

Aug 2020
Happy the animation improved but it's still no where near the first two seasons.

I hope it gets better by episode.

That scene at the end made my heart shatter.

Apart from that, really loved that OP and ED.
Jan 13, 2021 11:53 AM

Jan 2013
That was rough. The animations are almost as bad as the infamous previous season, and the fights continued to lack any impact.
Jan 13, 2021 12:18 PM
Dec 2020
I hope they change some things and spice it up a little bit more, I wanna enjoy 7DS again and not be watching at all animations mistakes etc
Jan 13, 2021 12:31 PM

Apr 2020
I like the OP and ED.

How did Ban get a haircut and shave after being blasted by a fire breathing demon dragon though? lol

I'm guessing the dragon was Meliodas?
Jan 13, 2021 12:54 PM

Jun 2014
Well I guess it's slightly better-looking than the previous season but that isn't really setting the bar very high. This final stretch of the story was pretty......underwhelming, to say the least (and that's me being kind with my assessment lol), but at least we'll get to see the story animated to completion.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jan 13, 2021 1:45 PM
Jul 2018
Yes!!! The animation has gotten better. Also, I really loved looking at the wedding pictures of Diane (Deanne) x King, and Ban x Elaine in the opening. This season looks more promising than last season.
Jan 13, 2021 1:51 PM
Oct 2020
I don't know how u guys are satisfied with the animation.....they could had done so much better than this.....the fights were so lame as if a 10yr old choreographed it(the one between zeldris and ludociel).....there were so many moments the animation looked so childish, the colors were so dull and the objects looked as if they were forced to place it there....overall they could had done a lot better than this.....it is obviously better than what we saw in s3, Ofc....i just hope the future episodes have much better fight sequence with better animation.....no complains abt the plot.....n that hug šŸ˜
Jan 13, 2021 2:15 PM

Feb 2015
I dont think studio Deen can ever hope to match A1 quality but this was a solid start. Loved the ED, great track and very fitting
Jan 13, 2021 2:20 PM
Apr 2017
Anyone know if its the last season? Will it cover all of remaining chapters?
Jan 13, 2021 2:36 PM

Mar 2020
It wasn't bad nor was it good, it was average.

The fight scenes are incredibly slow and boring, hard to be entertained.

What I'm really hoping to see is improvement from the last season cause the previous season is a joke.
Jan 13, 2021 2:54 PM
Mar 2019
can someone tell me what manga chapters were covered in the whole s3? i'm planning to just skip the anime and read the manga then jump to this new season while it is currently ongoing.
I love K-On, and so should you.

Jan 13, 2021 6:05 PM

Nov 2012
sidz250 said:

And why did it grow back? How long was he asleep?!

I was thinking that it burned off or when he "dies" he reverts back to how he was when he became immortal, but then it re-grew.
Jan 13, 2021 6:48 PM
Jun 2017
love this episode... and well Ban sure has long hair already looking for Meliodas' feelings... yeah... and love that last part..

well for fight scenes, i dont expect that much...
Jan 13, 2021 7:57 PM

Jan 2013
FINALLY an anime that starts throwin hands the very first episode back..not like no fake ass Black Clover.
Jan 13, 2021 9:27 PM
Nov 2013
dragynfaerie said:
sidz250 said:

And why did it grow back? How long was he asleep?!

I was thinking that it burned off or when he "dies" he reverts back to how he was when he became immortal, but then it re-grew.

His hair and beard got cut because of the dragon breathing fire on him, it grew back because he was fighting that dragon for years, he mentions when his hair and beard are back about how long has it been since they started fighting. Not sure if what I said makes sense since I'm half asleep haha.

Also on another note I really didn't think the animation was that bad first for all you guys complaining about the animation watch the first episode of ex-arm and you will be thankful Studio Deen is doing Seven Deadly Sins and that it's not as painful as ex-arm is trust me I would of been happy if Studio Deen animated ex-arm instead of the Playstation 1 graphics on ex-arm. Also last season Studio Deen didn't do the animation it was a smaller studio that did, this season Studio Deen is fully in charge.

Also people need to be talking more about that touching reunion with best Bro aka Ban and Meliodas! Such a sweet moment I totally teared up!
Jan 13, 2021 11:22 PM
May 2020
Awesome introduction episodes. In terms of animation it is definitely a step up from last season, except the fight scenes which still need a little bit of work on, but most up-close regular frames the animation is alright.
Jan 14, 2021 12:42 AM

Jun 2013
Studio Deen.
Oh shit, here we go again.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Fundo no Shinpan Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jun 23, 2021

103 by GearheadOtaku »»
Mar 11, 2:22 AM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Fundo no Shinpan Episode 23 Discussion

tsubasalover - Jun 16, 2021

33 by GearheadOtaku »»
Mar 11, 1:00 AM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Fundo no Shinpan Episode 22 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2021

36 by GearheadOtaku »»
Mar 11, 12:17 AM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Fundo no Shinpan Episode 21 Discussion

tsubasalover - Jun 2, 2021

35 by GearheadOtaku »»
Mar 10, 10:58 PM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Fundo no Shinpan Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 26, 2021

65 by GearheadOtaku »»
Mar 10, 1:10 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.