Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jan 4, 2021 10:52 AM

Aug 2020
is it just me or some shots just looked absolutely stunning and beautiful. I was hoping that they would make "progress" hence, why I watched this but now I'm not that mad. Really hoping for a season 2 here. great finale.

I loved the wordplay with Adachi's name - Sakura, also known as cherry blossoms. Just beautiful.

The story kinda fell short during Christmas eps but this was a good way to wrap things up.

9/10 ep and 8/10 overall.
Jan 5, 2021 7:44 PM

Jan 2011
Wish it was 2 cour.
Jan 21, 2021 12:13 AM

Oct 2008
oh man! no kiss!?!?!? I RAGE!!!
since no kiss i would give this episode as 4/5 instead of the usual 5/5.
7/10.

Mar 19, 2021 8:38 AM

Dec 2018
This is one of the worst Yuri I have watched in my life

A romance with no romance ,, Call me old fashion here but I kind of want romance and a kiss In my ""romance""

This is more then less Japanese author desperately trying to sound so smart with a mountain of inner dialogue. IMO its so over the top it's not credible

IMO Shimamura is a extremely poorly written character. And come out as cold

I love Yuri by all my heart and burn for it but this is not it . This Is more miss inner dialogue goes on and on and on and on,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Then being a romance

No romantic development to speak about . Only the little thing in the end

"Oh I guess she can be my cherry blossom, I don't have anyone else so she have to do I guess"

Only reason why I dont give this 1/10 is because Taeko . She is my good girl and have done NOTING wrong! Its not her fault. I like her a lot. Only for her I give this anime 5/10

Apr 13, 2021 11:21 AM

Aug 2018
Who was that mysterious girl that gave a push to Adachi, by the way.. Well, I mean, who visited her place.. And then left book with the words to her situation.. Some appreciator of Adachi or something?.. Or just a coincidence?.. Seems a bit strange to be a coincidence..
Well.. At the same time Shimamura might begin to appreciate Adachi more.. But she also did so in the past.. And again was questioning about their relationships later.. Shimamura is like that, I guess.. If things will work out or not.. It seems both of them would need to make more steps.. And it's nice that Adachi started to make more steps reaching for Shimamura by herself at the end of the series..
Overall, I liked this anime.. This was anime about not usual relationship, not usual characters.. Both girls are hesitant about relationships, as well as unsure, what they want in life.. They are unsure about approaching each other.. They both don't like groups.. They both are also different from each other as well..
I liked this anime, because I myself really am like these girls sometimes in some things.. Both Adachi and Shimamura are relatable in some things.. Also this is unusual theme, you don't see unsure characters that much, or at least not that much their thought process, what they feel, think.. How groups are artificial to them, how talks can be empty or tiring, how you can be just unsure about everything, really.. Usually we see just groups having fun in groups.. But it's not that everyone cares about each other, and actually energizes with each other or anything.. Relationships don't work like that for everyone.. And it's interesting to see, how at the same time both of Adachi and Shimamura have their negative feelings about relationships, but also have enjoyable moments for themselves..
At the end of the day.. I'm not too sure, what I'd expect in Adachi's and Shimamura's relationship.. I wouldn't be too surprised, if this anime will eventually has sad or bittersweet ending.. Or maybe even some other girls becoming more important to them, like Tarumi.. I wouldn't be too surprised with any direction and outcome this can take..
Apr 14, 2021 9:42 PM

May 2012
Wasn't a fan of the slow pace and they still aren't together after 12 episodes. Of course, love isn't something you can rush, and even though Adachi is coming to accept that she does in fact love Shimamura, Shimamura doesn't see a love relationship yet, instead seeing a unique girl who makes her life feel special. Aside from that, alien girl seems kinda pointless right now. If this gets a continuation, I'm hoping we get more information on her, she just seems super out of place right now.

Overall, it definitely got cuter as time went on, and it certainly offered a different perspective to the yuri genre. Not my favorite yuri series of the ones I've seen or read, but still good. 7/10. I'd watch a season 2 if that comes around.
Apr 20, 2021 3:51 PM

Sep 2011
Really sweet final episode. I'm glad Adachi could achieve some happiness again with Shimamura. I was also happy to see Shimamura do something in return. It really makes you feel like she truly did start caring about Adachi as well, with that valentine sign, the hairpins and that last monologue.

Before anything else, the bad stuff. That alien girl was so goddamn unnecessary it was a pain to watch every scene she was in. Like other than referencing the author's previous work (which could have been like a single scene), what is her point in the story? Nothing.
Tarumi was annoying, and I generally don't like love triangles, so that was also a negative for me. She puts on a mask and tries to act the way she thinks Shimamura would want her to, but then just seems obnoxious. Adachi and Shimamura both showed some similar qualities here and there but in a seemingly less creepy way. I would say I hope these two don't appear much later, but I'm sure we aren't that lucky.
The two other girls were fine. They seemed weird, but I generally didn't mind their presence in the story.

As for our two main protagonists, I really enjoyed seeing them grow, albeit very slowly. I do wish we could have seen them grow more, especially for Adachi who kept taking a few steps back a lot of times. I didn't quite expect the anime to feature both girls to be dealing with their own social problems, like anxiety, jealousy and loneliness for Adachi, and mainly apathy on Shimamura's side. I felt like their behaviour were quite real a lot of times, Adachi often considering whether what she feels is even normal and so on. This anime didn't have to be all happy, but could show that yes, these relationships and people can exist, and not necessarily okay in the long run.
I can already see that the LN probably has quite a lot of drama coming from these, especially Adachi often being creepy and pushy, while Shimamura might eventually drop her mask be indifferent toward Adachi.
I hope they can pull through that though. They deserve happiness, and I hope they will grow out of their respetive problems/phases. Their shared moments were sweet, but they did start showing a little growth by the end, they could be together (be it a relationship or just friends) later if they can move past these smaller or bigger issues so as it doesn't turn into a toxic relationship.

All in all I would give this an 8/10. I would have made it a 9 were it not for the alien and Tarumi, cause otherwise I liked the anime a lot, and I hope to see more of it in the future, either as a second season or in the LN form.
RazielZeroApr 20, 2021 4:00 PM
Apr 23, 2021 5:47 PM

Dec 2015
I won't spoil the manga in case of a second season. But I will tell this, their relationship will have regressions.

I usually are totally biased when rating shoujo ai/yuri. While most people may argue that yuri is nice to have but isn't enough to make a full story of itself, there is a big and growing repertoire of manga proving the opposite. Sadly, animation is another story.

I rated it just 7. Because of the lack of a proper finale and because the pace of the series isn't the best. And its rewatch value is low, precisely because of the pace. That episode when Adachi ran away from Shimamura felt like 3 eps for me, I don't want to go through that a second time.

It isn't that the animation is slow, the rate at which the girls get closer is slow. Also the show lacks subplots to entertain you in the meanwhile. We have the alternate pairing of Taeko and Akira, but they get so little screen time that it doesn't count for me as a subplot. There is the alien, but again, no enough screen time.

I think the aliens are a metaphor for something. Like the feelings of the girls are like a universe, and the aliens are... discovery? They are discovering an alternative, undocumented, way that nobody told them about? And they have to take the risk of explore it all by themselves? Don't know really.
May 28, 2021 3:30 AM

Jul 2015
8/10 my fav yuri after YagateKimi
this yuri is cruelly underrated just because it don't have a proper ending
people are just so stupid to realise this is an adaptation of an ongoing LN ? ofc it will not have a conclusive ending ... it adapted only 4 vol out of 9

i want a s2 so bad ... T_T
Jun 11, 2021 5:55 AM

Nov 2013
That was ok, nothing special. The quality is awesome but i never liked the story much.
First of all: i don't believe in their relationships because Shimamura obviously doesn't care.
Loli was pointless, childhood's friend was pointless, not enough Hino and Nagafuji for me.
The anime wasted time very effectively and at the end the characters didn't make much of a progress.
GvendolineJun 16, 2021 3:59 PM
Jun 23, 2021 3:39 PM

Apr 2018
Ohoho, a sleep over with Shimamura. Sounds nice I guess. As always, thank you for the yuri fanservice. Goddamn the sister ruined it! Well it was worth to finish this. 8/10

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Aug 14, 2021 3:31 AM

Aug 2017
Finally its over.

I tried so hard to like it, but everyone except Shimamura are extremely obnoxious. Adachi isn't even a character, she's just Shimamura's simp and her existence ends there. They could make an arc with her mom, it was hinted but it was quickly resolved off-screen and she isn't mentioned again. Drama is terrible, imagine being jealous of someone who stop talking to you for a while and later leave your beloved place after someone found it just bc she isn't your crush lol. What is the point of Yashiro? She was so present early to the point of being a filler character and SHE'S THE WORST CHARACTER IN THIS ANIME. What is the point of Nagafuji and Hino? They barely have personality yet the anime wants to show them in several scenes alone. What is the point of the random fortune teller? It doesn't help the pacing was rushed at first and hardly anything happens later. This anime is so bad that made Bloom into You and Citrus look like masterpieces.

Awful and boring. 3/10 for the anime.
NurguburuAug 14, 2021 3:39 AM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Sep 21, 2021 3:35 AM

Feb 2020
Pretty cute finale.

Overall, this was a good, but also a little frustrating show to watch. Like most of us, I also wanted to see more romance between Adachi and Shimamura.

Hino, Nagafuji, Yashiro, and Shou (Shimamura's little sister) were good side characters. I especially liked Yashiro a lot. She's so adorable. ^_^

Good night, sweethearts.<3

SerafosJan 5, 9:20 AM
Oct 5, 2021 12:46 AM
Aug 2021
This shit is so good. This needs a second season, even if they are pkanning to not lot any of them to confess anything or do something yuri.
That astronaut girl is not as annoying anymore, although she's still hella weird. Glad that Tarumi did not cause too much drama but only to let Shimamura reflect more on the past.
All in all, I had great fun watching this. The story is beautiful in a subtle and sublime way.
The background music work in this is phenomenal, and the op/ed are not the formulaish at all, and fits in the overall tone of this series.
Cabbage_CatOct 9, 2021 3:43 AM
Dec 11, 2021 4:26 PM
Dec 2021
Honestly I had high hopes that this would be a really cute and pure gl love story between two highschoolers. Like I literally thought they were gonna be a couple, maybe see at least one kiss scene but no..literally nothing.

Yes it was slow but I thought it was gonna be one of those cool slow burn love stories so I stayed patient until the end. I was hoping Adachi would've confessed her feelings but she never did. I really liked the first half of the anime but as I watched the other half after episode 5 or 6, something felt missing or out of place. I really wasn't a fan of the ending. I'm sad that I didn't enjoy it as much as I wanted to.
Jan 3, 2022 6:51 AM

Dec 2017
From the cover to the author I really wanted this to be the second coming of Denpa Onna, but if you're looking for that you better look elsewhere. This ain't it.
Apr 14, 2022 12:32 PM

Jan 2020
After finishing this, I feel like I got trolled. Nagafuji and Hino made more progress than the main characters.

Then the alien thing fizzled out I guess? There are so many random plot points that came up and were outright ignored, or simply allowed to fade into the background. I think this anime suffers from being too cluttered, or maybe it just didn't get enough time to see things through? Either way, I'm mostly just disappointed with the execution. I feel like it had a lot of potential.

Also, I stand by Adachi and Shimamura not being a good couple. As much as Adachi wants it, I feel like they just aren't compatible. I sort of feel like Shimamura isn't compatible with anyone though. But, especially Adachi, as she is straight up a Yuno Gasai in the making.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

May 3, 2022 2:17 PM

Apr 2013
no seggs?
0/10
kek
Jul 20, 2022 9:00 PM

Jun 2012
Cute show. Really slow though for a 12 episode season though. I wish we could have seen, if anything, a forehead kiss. No idea what the point of the alien girl was other than being really cute. I wonder how many of my questions the LN answers.
Jul 27, 2022 11:48 AM

Jul 2022
I really don't like being negative, especially when it comes to Yuri/GL/Shoujo Ai whatever you want to call it. But this episode really highlighted Adachi's creepiness in one scene. This scene was in the light novel, so I blame Hitoma Iruma, but when Adachi daydreamed of bathing with Shimamura it screamed fanservice to me.

I would not call Adachi and Shimamura cute, I'd call it one-sided obsession. And yeah there's many people who called this cute and whatnot, but I'd just recommend something else to show them what a healthy and actually sweet romance is like.

If this was a fucking fanfiction it would be under the Angst tag because of the raw amount of Adachi's depressing monologues. I wish she would just grow a pair and confess. Instead of saying "I wove you." I physically recoiled at that line. Who wrote this?
Aug 29, 2022 11:36 PM
May 2022
omg, the last episode was really cute, even though they weren't in love yet, they both slept together in the same house for 2 days in the last episode. those scenes are really warm, like they are really a couple.
everything is as usual
Sep 2, 2022 2:56 PM
Dec 2013
I can't remember the last time I was so hooked on an anime, as I was with Adachi to Shimamura. I loved every episode. I couldn't wait to watch the next episode, and always looked forward to watching the next one (made myself watch 1 episode every 2 days). It usually takes me forever to finish an anime, but this one I finished in less than a month. Legit feel sad that it's over, and I almost never feel sad when I finish a really good anime. I really hope this gets a second season some day. Definitely getting the light novels.
wildhoodSep 2, 2022 4:48 PM
Sep 20, 2022 10:31 PM
Jan 2019
Man, talk about disappointing. I was sold this show on the pretense that if I liked Bloom into You, I would really like this. I did not.
Back half of the show dragged horribly (even by the standards of a "slow burn") and I feel like I just wasted my time. We really got the "Adachi sees something that makes her jealous and she overreacts while Shimamura just stands there" for far too many episodes. The sequential and subtle moments of character growth really were not enough to satisfy, especially with Adachi suddenly becoming confident because of a fortune teller. And... why exactly does Yashiro exist? I had a feeling she would end up being a plot point or at least deliver some important dialog more than once and she just... existed.

For novel readers, does it actually progress at all?

5.5/10 because the music and visuals were amazing, but feeling really burnt on the story front. I'm really surprised the amount of "5"s on this episode...
ggw1776Sep 20, 2022 10:38 PM
Sep 21, 2022 1:24 PM
Nov 2020
I just love it so much, it's adorable
Jan 12, 2023 7:05 PM

Jun 2021
Very nice ending to an incredbly nice anime to watch. While it is pretty dissapointing that Adachi never confessed her feelings, or they never kissed, etc, it still was a nice wrap to the show that left me with a smile on my face. While I don't love open ended endings, I can live with this.
Jan 29, 2023 10:30 PM

Jun 2014
I partially enjoyed this anime, but I'm really disappointed with the ending, unfortunately.

The scene where Shimamura gave Adachi a matching hairpin was really nice, but Shimamura only sees what she and Adachi has as a "close friendship." The "romance" felt really one-sided, which kinda hurt me inside, because I can't help but feel bad for Adachi.

Jun 2, 2023 4:51 AM
Des31

Oct 2020
Dang it another cliffhanger, the pace is to slow or no progress at all exactly, it stuck with adachi love shimamura and how shimamura really feel is very questionable, is she like adachi back or what ? It really Didn't answer it at all, hope there's s2 for this to made it clear
Jul 3, 2023 9:29 PM

Mar 2015
Destroyer31 said:
Dang it another cliffhanger, the pace is to slow or no progress at all exactly, it stuck with adachi love shimamura and how shimamura really feel is very questionable, is she like adachi back or what ? It really Didn't answer it at all, hope there's s2 for this to made it clear

The anime adapted first 4 volumes, and things don't really start to pick up until volume 5. Honestly, while this was a cute and wholesome anime it wasn't a very good adaptation as far as preserving the tone of the novels. The anime is very cutesy while the novels are more introspective and do a better job of showing you where each character is coming from and how they feel.

I know novels aren't for everybody but they're really the only way to get the most out of the series.
My lists are way out of date...
Jul 25, 2023 3:24 AM
Des31

Oct 2020
Yes I'm agree with you, the main source of the story is always more complete and explain everything very well, but as you said novel aren't for everybody and I'm just a anime watcher only so it's really infuriated for me sometime with this hanging story
Oct 3, 2023 9:03 AM

Nov 2020
This was one weird show. The romance felt one sided the entire time except the very end., and everything that Adachi asks for and do is weird its giving me second hand embarassment. She just happen to have a nice character design but the way she act is slightly creepy.. or not idk how female friendship works. all and all it felt uneventful and it wasn't that hot(just a little) because Shimamura's character is dull and almost like emotionless. atleast she became better towards the end tho. doesn't really have anything big that happens, its alot like real life
Nov 14, 2023 3:48 AM
Lilium Gardener

Jul 2011
This show was phenomenal. Criminally underrated, but of course, that is expected coming from MAL's zoomer attention spans. From Adachi's "anxietal" approach at getting closer with her love to Shimamura's slow burn feelings development, I loved every minute of it. Can't wait to read the rest!
Dec 8, 2023 6:11 AM
Oct 2023
The ending falls flat. It didn't feel like there was a lot of emotion in the finale. They built up a weekend long sleepover just to have absolutely nothing happen. No progress was ever made in the relationship. The series ends and it's still one-sided. Might as well have no anime. Just a pointless waste of time. Sure it's not cliche I'll give you that. Maybe you can argue the ending is ok how it is. But to me it needs work. My final, official rating for Adachi and Shimamura: 6.5/10. Starting with this anime, I think I'm going to start rounding in the direction they DESERVE, not always round up like Math tells us to (with .5's). So here, My recorded rating will be: 6/10 instead of 7/10. This series was solid in the middle but otherwise average at best.
Feb 27, 1:12 AM
Oct 2017
Okay so thoughts about this episode and the anime in general, what a beautiful and charming vibe it had, it had so many beautiful colours. I feel there was some fan service with the characters here and there, but overall I found the designs really fine all things accounted for, the two leads had very normal designs and I liked that. I also like the use of darker hair colours which makes hair look closer to real life hair. The voice acting was really good, it was nonchalant, comfy and casual, you could even tell some voice mannerisms Shimamura had on her mom, she had a very relaxed and comforting voice which I loved, and Adachi always had this anxiety to her, you can always feel her struggle, the alien also had some nice lines as well.

The soundtrack was really great as well! it's like this kind of minimalist, film score type of sound which you can find in works like Monogatari at times, but here it sounded a lot more magical and optimistic, and in moments like in this episode when Adachi was trying to confess to Shimamura again felt really really intense! I want to check it in full and I will recommend to anyone else to do the same.

Yes, those confessions have also become some sort of a tease from the story, but I feel Shimamura has been starting to lean and search more Adachi, so so far, I'm not mad about that.

I used to get angry about this kind of shows not ending in something substantial but I have learned to go on with the rest of the material after the anime end and I have felt a lot happier about it.

This show, compared to another recent anime of last year, has completely different strengths to I'm Love with the Villainess, because I'm Love with the Villianess is really explicit in the nature of the relationship the protagonist looks, she says I love you the first minute of the anime and even being a lesbian is discussed on, which is something i was begging to happen for a long while. Adachi and Shimamura is very very slow, and overall you could even feel that like Shimamura tries to say, that they sometimes feel no more than sisters or best friends, but that character growth, the slow but really natural way of evolve for their relationship is so so good, it is something that I'm in Love with the Villainess doesn't have at all where things also go way too fast. I love all the implications the small statements they give about normal things and how we can interpret their way to talk to each other. Overall I loved this and I found it indeed a very beautiful anime, I will be continuing with the source material soon.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Adachi to Shimamura Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 22, 2020

113 by ChibiiBunii »»
Apr 18, 8:38 PM

Poll: » Adachi to Shimamura Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 5, 2020

76 by Phixiately »»
Feb 1, 1:10 AM

Poll: » Adachi to Shimamura Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 10, 2020

69 by locke_ix »»
Jan 13, 9:21 AM

Poll: » Adachi to Shimamura Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 17, 2020

78 by SailorFairyDxD24 »»
Dec 8, 2023 5:21 AM

Poll: » Adachi to Shimamura Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 3, 2020

74 by SailorFairyDxD24 »»
Dec 8, 2023 3:49 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.