Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Feb 7, 2022 12:10 AM

Apr 2011
That was intense.

Intense fight between the two. It sucks that he lost two twice, first with Ais then with the Minataur. At least he survived and him and the entire Hestia-sama wouldn't be hated by everyone anymore. I hope he gets strong enough that he wouldn't be defeated by anyone. At least Gros and the other don't need to sacrifice their lives. It was a nice save from Freya so Loki familia won't interfere.

The 3rd season is really intense.

Looking forward to the 4th season in the future.
Mar 15, 2022 7:08 PM

May 2008
That's it for now until season IV comes out. Personally I would have liked to see more romantic interaction between Bell and godess Hestia. Once they had the relationship between God and Child settled I thought that was going to be it.

I wish I had the time, the money, and the eyesight to read all the light novels because this is a story line that I just love - and the world that the author built is just incredible. Not sure that I'm happy with a French Provincial palace in a medival world but it gives a nice contrast with the rags that the godess loves to wear when she's not waiting on customers.

I'm not going to list the things that I'd like to see happen in IIWTtTtPUGiaD Season 4 for fear of being slapped down by the LNO (Light Novel Only) Purists so I'll rehash myHigh points and Low points of Season 3

Low point - It was only 12 episodes long.

High point - When Bell chose to defend his Xenos friends, the whole familia backed him up. Some were reluctant, but they came around. That's how families work.

Low point - Wiene. Not the character, the name. Wiene... it's just awful. I would have stabbed Bell with those claws a few times until he came up with something cooler like Heather, or Fido, or InnerTube. Anything else.

High Point - Fels. I LOVE the concept of an imortal beings body rotting away leaving him with an animated skeleton.

Low point - Wiene's resurection. Not the fact that she was resurected, but the way that she was resurected from a shiny rock. What was that, a D&D version of a SIM card? My suggestion is to catch her just as she is going to wink out of existence, and pause her demise, tell Bell that you can bring her back but you're not sure if she'll remember anything etc, for dramatic purposes, then bring her back better than new.

High Point - Bell Lost to Asterius. Hells Yeah! Not every victory is a win. He saved his friends (Victory) he regained his reputation (Victory) but he still got his ass kicked by a gigantic talking one armed sirloin (Big Loss) That's just good writing.

Bell still needs to take the goddess out on a proper date, they're broke so maybe he can cut a couple of T-bones off of Asterius and grill out back.
Apr 16, 2022 2:52 PM

May 2020
Okay so wrapping it off in the same fashion as season one, which felt kinda decent imo. Things being back to normal again and for some reason Bell and Ais again are buddy-buddy, so I think it's safe to forget what happened in that penultimate episode. Though everything aside, atleast Hermes got a kick right on his smug face.

This season felt a bit better than that mediocrity second season was, but still that doesn't mean it didn't have some of those same ol' problems. Still will go with that same rating as the first one, 6/10.
Jun 30, 2022 12:47 AM

Jan 2020
Minotaur boi never got his arm back, how sad. I was hoping they would've reattached it with magic after fleeing. I guess he did at the end there.

Hermes sure is one sneaky sneakaroo. This just goes to show that he doesn't necessarily have Bell's best interest at heart.

In regards to the final fight, it was pretty good. Though, it seems like they are just skirting around making any real choices. Having both Bell and Asterius walk away from this battle is just stagnating the plot imo. They were building up this huge revolution of unifying humans and monsters and by the end of the season nothing has changed.

Throughout the entire season I was thinking I was going to rate this one highest of the three. But, with how certain events played out in the past couple of episodes, I'm just going to give it the same rating I gave season one. Here's hoping season four at least maintains the momentum of this one though.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Jun 30, 2022 1:03 PM

Jan 2008
This overall season was much better than the previous, story wise and visually. I really enjoyed the mayhem of the last few episodes with so many things going on while still staying coherent. While the animation isn't something like ufotable, these last few episodes were quite good with its action visuals and that final attack by the minotaur was something else. Honestly a surprise. Hoping the next season can manage to hold this consistency.
Jul 4, 2022 5:07 PM

Jan 2019
Enjoyed Hermes not necessarily being on Bell's side, just wants whatever his idea of a "traditional hero" is. Also enjoy that Freya outplayed him, and the fight with the minotaur was great.

However I am disappointed that at the end we basically just got a full status-quo reset.

The xenos are still gonna have to live in the dungeon and Uranus has achieved nothing towards coexistence. Hermes gets to remain the quirky schemer without the rest of the cast completely shunning him like he deserves. There really wasn't any development in the overall Bell is the chosen one/ Freya is watching him stuff either.

It feels like you could skip over this entire season and go from 2 to 4 and it wouldn't effect the overall progression of the story at all.

This season isn't bad, it's definitely a step up from season 2, it's just inconsequential...

Sep 30, 2022 6:50 PM
Apr 2020
vERY GOOD I like the season cant wait for the next one
Oct 15, 2022 3:38 AM

Nov 2020
Fight between men! They really save the best for last huh? The fight between Bell and Asterius is one of the coolest fight i've ever seen.

Props to the animators and the director!
Oct 20, 2022 9:36 PM
Aug 2021
epic batle with minotaur
Nov 13, 2022 7:10 AM

Apr 2013
Definitely the worst episode of this season, which is a shame because the last episode usually has the biggest impact. There are multiple things that I find dumb in this one.

First the Xenos actually listen to Hermes' proposal for absolutely no reason. So Bell tried his best to make us all survive this... that dude who just betrayed us, proposes that we sacrifice 3-4 of us to make Bell look good and get absolutely nothing for it? Sounds great, let's do it! WTF?

Secondly it's weird that Bell accepts the Minotaur's request for a fight, while his Xenos friends are currently in a fight to the death. In the end it worked out, but that could've gone wrong very quickly if there wasn't the plothole that Hestia familia managed to hide all the Xenos from hundreds of adventurer's eyes.

And the third point I wanna mention is the double standards. Last time Bell insisted on 1v1ing a monster which run amok, everyone hated him. But now he does the same against a minotaur everyone suddenly cheers him on? That's just bad writing, the same people made an 360° and behave completely different than a few episodes before.

Last episode actually made me drop my score by 1. Hopefully I'll remember next episode what a piece of shit Hermes is. 7/10
Nov 17, 2022 7:45 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Wowzers man, what a final episode. I don’t know why but I wasn’t expecting the Asterius fight, but man that was splendid, looked beautiful visually and served as a perfect final fight of the season, I also like that they had us thinking Bell was gonna win but they curved your expectations and made him lose instead, and now we’re kinda returning to the roots with Bell wanting to get stronger again, kinda fitting since he rematched Asterius which was one of the best fights of Season 1. And I also enjoyed Hermes’ time in the villain spotlight, it was short lived but great, and also satisfying to see things turn on him.

And that was Season 3 of DanMachi, another fantastic season in this series. For me, this was better than Season 2 and I’d place it side by side with Season 1, and I’m not a hater of Season 2 by any means like a lot of people are, I just found myself enjoying the plot of this season more. The plot focusing on the Xenos was interesting and well paced, at no point did it feel too fast or too slow for me. Dix was an awesome villain imo, he was in fact a dick but I found him to be interesting and fun, he also had a cool design with the goggles and slicked back hair, I wish he coulda been around longer because him dying right after escaping kinda sucked but I think it’s fine now that I’ve seen what came after.

I didn’t know where the plot would go once Dix was defeated, but the show surprised me by first making the Loki Familia the villains, and then making Hermes the villain lol, I definitely enjoyed the shifts there, the typical allies becoming the threats was cool. And not to mention the final battle with Asterius, I thought there was a chance Dix survived for a final battle but this served that role perfectly, and it’s a great place to lead into Season 4. And I also loved the amount of help Bell got in this final arc, he’s really made a lot of friends in high and low places and it showed there, most of them were his harem but still lol. And of course I enjoyed Wiene, she was super cute, I didn’t like how she was resurrected immediately after dying but the moments with her that came after made up for it imo. And imo the OP is probably my favorite of the series so far, and the ED is probably my 2nd favorite after Season 1’s. Definitely excited to hit up Season 4 soon, and it’ll be just in time for the 2nd half of Season 4 in Winter 2023!

There’s probably stuff I forgot to mention but I don’t want to add more to this wall of text lol.
TheColonel76Nov 17, 2022 7:57 PM
Jan 11, 2023 6:41 AM
Mar 2016
Season was kind of slow at the start but this episode is a great ending for what has been a solid world building season.
Jan 14, 2023 6:08 AM

Dec 2012
Asterius.
Ottarl appears.
What Asterius is seeking?
Dat dream. Yoshitsugu and Gleam Eyes cousin.
A lone ningen and... I? Gleam Eyes cousin that got killed by Yoshitsugu in Season 1 got reincarnated?
A trade? Request?
Gros and the others are attacking.
An act? The audience?

What an ending. We got Yoshitsugu vs Gleam Eyes cousin part 2 and now we're tied. I preferred the 1st fight more. Overall, Yoshitsugu leads 2-1 over the Gleam Eyes family. Asterius lost to Yoshitsugu then came back from death and stopped Yoshitsugu's streak of killing his family. You got to respect it. But it just didn't feel right for Bell to win considering everything that had happened while Asterius was focused on Bell. Funny how when the human wins, the monster dies, but when the monster wins, then human lives. Can't settle the score if the human dies. lol As for Hermes, since no monsters died (thanks to Asterius) as you stated you wanted in the previous episode, and Hestia gave you a good kick for your actions... all is forgiven. Fels was the real MVP of the arc. Glad Rei and Fear didn't die. They too fine to die. Once again, I needed to see more of Hephaestus. Hestia oppai looked great as always.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Jan 18, 2023 6:23 AM

Nov 2017
What intensity! The animation is CRAZY!
Mar 3, 2023 3:57 PM

Nov 2010
Aww, the twist I was hoping for wasn't as interesting as I thought. Also, no one died in the end.
Asterius vs. Bell fight looked cool! However, it's weird that Bell can suddenly endure DBZ-style damage despite his level. I'd understand if he was level 5+
7/10
Apr 4, 2023 10:04 PM
Jun 2021
ITS FREAKING AWESOME THATS WHY WHAT
Apr 19, 2023 1:09 PM
Feb 2019
Nice fight against the monster
May 18, 2023 1:11 AM

Jul 2015
Asterius vs Bell rematch was epic despite it being Bell's loss this round.
While realistic, it's still kinda sad to know coexistence with the Xenos did not work out but at least they are now safe from that poacher guild which has been eliminated.

Jul 26, 2023 10:30 AM
Nov 2022
La putiza mas insana que mire en mi vida.
Dec 4, 2023 1:00 PM
Dec 2019
Was a great series.
Feb 1, 10:11 PM

Nov 2009
Interesting fight

But the co-existence will never happen.

Especially since the monsters are literally dying to MAKE Bell look like a hero. (well, they were going to)

Also... the Minotaur had to fight with one arm... I guess Bell got a handicap huh... (especially since the Minotaur doesn't have his lightning magic axe)

Hermes is still bad apparently... he still wanted to have the monsters die for Bell. The monsters just got lucky that the Minotaur is actually the reincarnation of the Minotaur Bell previously killed and wants a rematch even if the Minotaur was at a disadvantage. (but Asterius was still stronger)

Asterius probably did this on purpose as well, since at the very end, he dropped his weapon and went head in to push Bell below the city where he could leave and go into the dungeon without being pursued as the rest of Monsters slipped into the dungeon while everyone's attention was on Bell's fight.

And Ais... is still indifferent and will continue training Bell anyways, lol...

(BTW, I just realized that while the humans as said by Hestia gets all their memories erased even if they reborn... the monsters all seem to retain their memories til they amassed enough to become intelligent... hmm...)
amlgFeb 1, 10:14 PM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
May 23, 7:11 PM

Dec 2008
This franchise has gotten iffy since season 2...and just like that season, this 3rd season of Danmachi had me almost as bored as I was during Overlords 2nd season...just...guh wtf. TIme marches on I guess, but wow...5.5/10 just for that slightly nostalgic last battle, harkening back to season 1. FFS Bell is still such a lame mc. WELF SHOULD BE MC! HES COOLER AND MORE USEFUL! lol
May 27, 1:50 AM
Dec 2022
Bell manages to get Xenos down to the dungeon but he lost his fight with Asterius. What will happen next? Season 4?
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka III Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Dec 11, 2020

121 by SenseiSempai-san »»
May 27, 1:25 AM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka III Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Dec 4, 2020

72 by SenseiSempai-san »»
May 27, 12:45 AM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka III Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Nov 27, 2020

91 by SenseiSempai-san »»
May 27, 12:34 AM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka III Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KANLen09 - Nov 20, 2020

183 by SenseiSempai-san »»
May 27, 12:19 AM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka III Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Nov 13, 2020

120 by SenseiSempai-san »»
May 26, 11:55 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.