Forum Settings
Forums
New
Nov 23, 2020 12:43 AM

May 2017
Well my fellow NEET, hikikomori and socially awkward friends, what do you guys do to keep yourselves entertained in this troublesome life? I have typical dorky hobbies like gaming, fapping and anime, but I've also developed a fondness for hiking and boxing over the past few years. I would like to learn another language in the future as well.

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Nov 23, 2020 8:11 PM

Sep 2020
I'm currently trying to learn my kanji so I can read Japanese. I draw, paint and do pretty much any type of art that I looks interesting. I joined this site and am learning all sorts of things from it (good and bad). I also like to do research on things that interest me...lately, it's anything about Japan. Obviously, I watch a lot of anime. I listen to music and like to read. I have many other hobbies, but these are the central ones at the moment.

Thank you for starting a different sort of thread.
Nov 24, 2020 11:31 PM

May 2017
nerdgirl42 said:

Thank you for starting a different sort of thread.

Sure thing!

This club has a lot of members, but I think it would be more active if there were more threads and discussions. Most members are too shy to post in the club comments I think.
Overcast93Nov 24, 2020 11:44 PM
Nov 24, 2020 11:54 PM

Sep 2020
@Overcast93 I agree. I personally joined this club because I thought there would be other extreme anime enthusiasts here. I think if there were threads related to those sorts of things, the club might see more action.
nerdgirl42Nov 24, 2020 11:57 PM
Nov 25, 2020 8:49 PM
Jul 2017
I play Card games (weiss schwarz and magic mostly),and video games besides watching anime xD.
Dec 11, 2020 5:08 PM

Feb 2018
nerdgirl42 said:
I'm currently trying to learn my kanji so I can read Japanese. I draw, paint and do pretty much any type of art

Wow you're pretty artsy. So do you have any cool anime paintings/drawings?

I like to draw too but I suck at it... I have been practicing drawing pokemon fusions (from a pokemon fusion generator) and cartoon characters but I don't practice drawing very often.

Overcast93 said:
fapping and anime,

I've never considered fapping a hobby lol, but yeh fapping to anime at the top of my hobbies list. Also, do you like hentai? I mean, not just to fap but to watch the other plot, cuz' I could use some recomendations, I just know the bible black and La blue girl.

Ghostflame2153 said:
and video games besides watching anime xD.

what kind of vidya? I'm a boomer retro gamer and I can't stop playing Crash Bandicoot (the ps1 trilogy) and the GTA series for ps2, and smash bros 64/mario Party 64 I'd like to play some platformers like Cuphead or some of the I wanna be the guy games in the future.

I also like learning languages, I speak Spanish natively, I speak Portuguese and French at an intermediate level and I can understand quite a bit of German which is the language that I'm currently learning but I can just hold pretty basic conversations/watch cartoons at the moment. Also I looove cartoons, one of my favorites include the Owl House, Adventure Time, Gravity Falls and Animaniacs.
Dec 11, 2020 7:25 PM
Jul 2017
For older games I am a big fan of stuff like Dark Cloud 2 and most sonic games are fun. Just started playing Disgaea since it was on sale a bit back and is fun for the hour or so I have played xD.

But I mostly play more competitive games since they are easier to find and get into.

I also like learning languages, but I havent done much of it. Might do some more of it if I stop being so lazy xD.
Dec 11, 2020 10:14 PM

May 2017
DianeBlack said:

I've never considered fapping a hobby lol, but yeh fapping to anime at the top of my hobbies list. Also, do you like hentai? I mean, not just to fap but to watch the other plot, cuz' I could use some recomendations, I just know the bible black and La blue girl.

I also like learning languages, I speak Spanish natively, I speak Portuguese and French at an intermediate level and I can understand quite a bit of German which is the language that I'm currently learning but I can just hold pretty basic conversations/watch cartoons at the moment. Also I looove cartoons, one of my favorites include the Owl House, Adventure Time, Gravity Falls and Animaniacs.

Hmmm I don't watch much hentai these days, but I really need to get back into it. Some hentai are pretty damn intriguing. I'll tell ya if I discover anything interesting in the future.

Even some hentai dubs are top-tier comedy. Shit's so over-the-top it's ridiculous.

Also damn bro, you speak a lot of languages. That's impressive. Did you learn them all growing up? I want to learn another language myself, possibly Mandarin or French, but life is kind of screwing me over atm. I also feel like it would be a lot harder now that I'm an adult.
Dec 12, 2020 1:23 PM

Feb 2018
Overcast93 said:

Even some hentai dubs are top-tier comedy. Shit's so over-the-top it's ridiculous.

Also damn bro, you speak a lot of languages.

lol, funny hentai has the quality of having a lot over the top moments, bringing us some gems hentai quotes

What's the name of that hentai? it was hilarious, also I'm curious about the J version.

Btw Idk about you but for me it's still weird to see an occidental voice with that pacing or delivering such absurde monologues, proly because I don't see a lot of dubs.

If life's busy for you right now, maybe you could have a very relaxed approach, like studying 5 minutes with Duolingo and later listening to good podcasts/series, it will build up after a couple of months.

Well, nowadays it's not that impressive to speak 4-5 languages since there are good amount of hyper-polyglots out there and for me romance languages were super easy for their similarities with Spanish. It's harder to learn Japanese, Chinese, Russian or Arabic than to learn 2-3 romance languages.

That's why I recommend you to start with French, it's easier, and you'll see progress faster which motivates you to learn further, unless you are really interested in Chinese.

I actually learned English with the internet and videogames and manga and the rest using language apps, vidya, chatting on Discord with native people over a course of 6 or so years. I'm still bad at grammar though but communication is my priority.
Dec 13, 2020 9:38 PM

May 2017
DianeBlack said:

lol, funny hentai has the quality of having a lot over the top moments, bringing us some gems hentai quotes

What's the name of that hentai? it was hilarious, also I'm curious about the J version.

Btw Idk about you but for me it's still weird to see an occidental voice with that pacing or delivering such absurde monologues, proly because I don't see a lot of dubs.

If life's busy for you right now, maybe you could have a very relaxed approach, like studying 5 minutes with Duolingo and later listening to good podcasts/series, it will build up after a couple of months.

Well, nowadays it's not that impressive to speak 4-5 languages since there are good amount of hyper-polyglots out there and for me romance languages were super easy for their similarities with Spanish. It's harder to learn Japanese, Chinese, Russian or Arabic than to learn 2-3 romance languages.

That's why I recommend you to start with French, it's easier, and you'll see progress faster which motivates you to learn further, unless you are really interested in Chinese.

I actually learned English with the internet and videogames and manga and the rest using language apps, vidya, chatting on Discord with native people over a course of 6 or so years. I'm still bad at grammar though but communication is my priority.

Yeah I prefer subs myself, but some dubs are pretty funny, like Ghost Stories or Golden Boy. I also prefer the dub of certain shounen series like DBZ, because I grew up watching the Spanish dub and could never get used to Goku's Japanese voice

True, it would be a good idea to focus on a romance language since I'm a native Spanish speaker too. If I start reading an Italian or Portuguese text, I can get a vague idea of the message it's trying to convey, even though I don't speak those languages. China is probably going to take over the world at some point in the future too, so learning the language of my overlords at an early stage would be quite useful. 4-5 languages is still quite an accomplishment, you should be proud my dude.

The hentai is called Sextra Credit btw. What a name lmao
Dec 15, 2020 1:03 AM

Feb 2018
Overcast93 said:
Yeah I prefer subs myself, but some dubs are pretty funny, like Ghost Stories or Golden Boy. I also prefer the dub of certain shounen series like DBZ, because I grew up watching the Spanish dub and could never get used to Goku's Japanese voice

True, it would be a good idea to focus on a romance language since I'm a native Spanish speaker too. If I start reading an Italian or Portuguese text, I can get a vague idea of the message it's trying to convey, even though I don't speak those languages. China is probably going to take over the world at some point in the future too, so learning the language of my overlords at an early stage would be quite useful. 4-5 languages is still quite an accomplishment, you should be proud my dude.

The hentai is called Sextra Credit btw. What a name lmao

Omg actually I discovered the Ghost Stories dub a couple of days ago, I'm one of the few fans of the original series because I have shit tastes. Man that American dub is one of the most hilarious things I have ever seen, as you know the Spanish dub never would've dared to stray that far away from the tone of a show and from God. It's at the top of my list with Yugi oh Tas parody.

Well I wish you good luck for whichever you decide to learn first, it's worth mentioning that there's a lot of anime content in French and Chinese many Frenchies are fond of anime, if you like I can share with you some French anime or manga sites

Indeed what a name lol I secretly wish real life were that twisted. :P

(Also sorry if I reply late, I'll be busy irl :/)
Jan 3, 2021 7:59 PM

Mar 2008
For a while I started trying to identify mushrooms. I haven't gotten hang of it.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» How many of you like the outdoors or nature?

traed - Aug 7, 2023

11 by Laniakea- »»
Dec 1, 2023 7:49 AM

» What do you practice and learn?

Butterfly_White - Mar 13, 2023

6 by Otakulover99 »»
Nov 6, 2023 2:35 AM

» how do u guys make money?

hik1komori - Apr 21, 2022

17 by MumeiHikki »»
Sep 24, 2023 10:39 PM

» How much do you care about your personal hygiene?

removed-user - May 13, 2015

19 by traed »»
Jun 29, 2023 1:11 AM

» Have you chosen your nick?

Heko - Mar 20, 2015

27 by water_my_melons »»
Jun 20, 2023 8:39 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.