Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Irregular at Magic High School (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 1, 2020 1:01 PM
Jan 2015
RiceKnight59 said:
-Mahesvara said:
USNA has tech that can analyize and identify a mages psion signature. That's how Lina and company have been able to track the parasites so well up until now.

Gotcha. I take it Mia is dead then right?
Np, and yeah. Didn't you notice she just poofed out of existence when the parasite emerged? Lol
My Queens

Nov 1, 2020 1:02 PM

May 2014
Zeifle said:
The manga also talks about it physically blowing the informational body away helping it escape and Tatsuya being unable to actually solve the situation.

It's explained in the novel that their bodies are composed of an unorganized lump of psions/pushions, so there is no structure for gram demolition to dismantle.
Nov 1, 2020 1:36 PM

Apr 2018
What a really impactful episode. Mikihiko and Shibata did really well to make the parasite retreat. I was really surprised to see that one of Lina's partners was a parasite. It'll be interesting to see what the parasite will do in the robot's body.
Nov 1, 2020 7:35 PM
Jul 2019
Honoka wrapping her arms around Tatsuya's was so goddamn stupid. Makes sense since they didn't cover the volume before this arc, which explains Honoka's behavior and Tatsuya's relationship with her. This behavior too will be significant in the future or more like the next episode, which is the funny.

For those who don't know what happened with Honoka, before this arc was a filler volume, stories about different characters in different situations and in this volume, there was a beach episode and Honoka decided to confess to Tatsuya there. She confessed, got rejected not because he did not like her, it's because he doesn't have the emotion to feel love, as all of you may know. But this didn't stop Honoka. She's holding on to this unrequited love, as long as Tatsuya don't mind to which he did not and until Honoka finds someone else. So yeah, from this point onwards, you'll see Honoka taking the opportunity as shown in the roof.

Not gonna lie, they did the theory about different dimensions really well, it was easy to understand for most people and the visuals really helped. Speaking of hard to understand scenes, the fight with Mia. In the novel, it was hard for me to picture because there are too many stuff happening in it, I'm glad I finally got a clear image of it.

It's getting better I have to say, looking forward to the next episode.
SomeGuyWithHairNov 1, 2020 7:42 PM
Nov 2, 2020 2:05 AM

Nov 2013
OHHH DAMN!
Tatsuya calling himself a disgrace is the closest we’ve seen to him blowing a fuse.

I like how this season we’re seeing a range of new emotions for Tatsuya — how he got mad that Leo got injured due to his inaction last ep, and even this ep with him calling Lina useless.

Also didn’t expect the ending to be so action-packed!
Looks like the parasite getting away is going to weigh heavily on all of them, especially Lina, considering Mia disappeared as well.
Can’t wait for the next one!
Nov 2, 2020 4:27 AM
🐰KawaiiDaikaiju🐲

Nov 2017
BlueIsLove said:
booyah10 said:
The parasite is basically a being from another dimension if I understood it correctly.

I believe so yeah, hence this arc is called "Visitor arc".

The arc name has dual significance, as “Visitor” applies to Lina as well 😉
“SAITO! YOU NEED TO EXPLODE! FOR THE WORLD’S SAKE!”
Nov 2, 2020 5:55 AM

Feb 2014
Man, I never knew a drunk Shizuku could be so bloody adorable. She deserves all the praise that Tatsuya gave to her. X3

For a serious episode like this one, I do appreciate the surprising amount of funny moments, too. Along with the drunk Shizuku, Erika being all flustered made me laugh and Tatsuya bluntly calling Lina useless was priceless.

Still, the parasite itself was a bugger to deal with. The group did well to protect themselves against it, but it sadly got away, with Tatsuya being frustrated at himself for not being able to take it down and barely being able to protect everyone else.

No time to rest, though, as the parasite has now gone into its next target. Hopefully they can beat it next time. =)
Nov 2, 2020 2:32 PM

May 2014
herrickluk said:
[b]OHHH DAMN!
I like how this season we’re seeing a range of new emotions for Tatsuya — how he got mad that Leo got injured due to his inaction last ep, and even this ep with him calling Lina useless.

Well, Tatsuya is incapable of those emotions. His "concern" for Leo was not out of care for his friend, but more like "someone is going rampant uncomfortably close to my home territory, so let's deal with it before my sister is affected".

It might sound obsessive, but think of all his actions as motivated with Miyuki in mind instead. This should've been clarified in the summer trip arc (which happened between the first and second seasons), but
Nov 2, 2020 2:41 PM

Nov 2013
Ishikami said:

Well, Tatsuya is incapable of those emotions. His "concern" for Leo was not out of care for his friend, but more like "someone is going rampant uncomfortably close to my home territory, so let's deal with it before my sister is affected".

It might sound obsessive, but think of all his actions as motivated with Miyuki in mind instead. This should've been clarified in the summer trip arc (which happened between the first and second seasons), but

Yea he was altered. But remember what Miyuki said at the end of last episode — although he thinks he's devoid of emotion except for his feelings for his sister, his conversation in the car shows he cares about Leo, as well as Lina.
In fact, after Miyuki mentioned it, Tatsuya showed slight embarassment having realized it.

Pay attention to the last two pics especially, Tatsuya moved away after realizing she's right.

herricklukNov 2, 2020 2:49 PM
Nov 2, 2020 3:28 PM
Jan 2015
Ishikami said:
herrickluk said:
[b]OHHH DAMN!

That isn't right. He's capable of having other emotions, they are just muted in comparison to his feelings for Miyuki. His mother in volume 8 more accurately describes what happened to him.
So back to the topic at hand, his feelings for his friends are genuine, but his feelings for Miyuki are the only ones he can feel and express that strongly.
-MahesvaraNov 3, 2020 4:55 PM
My Queens

Nov 2, 2020 6:13 PM

Jul 2019
No one's gonna mention how cute Mayumi was at the beginning of this episode?

"People who are confident in themselves never talk about expectations. 'Expectation' is a word rooted in giving up." -- Hyouka
Nov 3, 2020 4:32 PM

Jul 2013
All these make believe pseudo-science is making my head spin. I've since accepted the fact that I will never fully understand this show. Just keep showing badass fight scenes.
Nov 5, 2020 5:13 AM

Oct 2017
Drunk Shizuku's cute, Miyuki blushing was cuter thou.

We learned what parasites are, the theories were interesting.
Nov 5, 2020 7:01 AM
Aug 2018
I don't get it, maybe it's a spoiler idk but why Tatsuya not shoot the parasite?
Nov 5, 2020 7:51 AM
Jan 2015
Undeadninja said:
I don't get it, maybe it's a spoiler idk but why Tatsuya not shoot the parasite?
Look through the previous posts, it's been said already. But basically he shot it with Gram Demolition(the translators mistranslated that part).
My Queens

Nov 7, 2020 7:20 PM

Apr 2007
My man Mikihiko! He's the main reason I'm watching this so it's nice that he's getting a decent amount of screentime.
Nov 7, 2020 7:59 PM

Nov 2018
PrimeX said:
All these make believe pseudo-science is making my head spin. I've since accepted the fact that I will never fully understand this show. Just keep showing badass fight scenes.

People wouldn't understand how magics work if they didn't read the Novel..
Honesty This anime really needs narrator like HxH to explain type/name/ability of magics.
still haven't seen good fight scene tho (compare to SS1 tatsuya vs masaki) erika ran like wtf... lol
Nov 8, 2020 3:42 AM

Dec 2010
Another great episode, Jumonji epicness and a good example of how every single member of this show's huge cast has a place.

On a side note, the parasite reminds me of the aliens from old horror movies, I love that.
Nov 8, 2020 4:40 PM

Jul 2017
That ending though. Parasite issue getting more and more serious. The interaction between Mikihiko and Mizuki was really adorable. The ending has me excited for the next episode. I wonder how it's gonna turn out

。*✲゚*♡(o•ᴗ•o)♡*✲゚*。

Nov 8, 2020 7:02 PM

Aug 2017
This parasite is a pretty annoying issue to solve. So sad that Mia is dead, the parasite self-destructed her body. I liked her design. Probably the best part was Mikihiko and Shibata working together.

Mayumi was quite funny with the Valentines day hahahaha.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Nov 15, 2020 5:00 AM
Jan 2015
no one is gonna talk about Mizuki X Mikihiko . They are so sweet.

Every other girl is Thot for tatsuya but not sweet Mizuki. SO adorable
Nov 19, 2020 1:14 AM

Dec 2014
awwww, Erika's declaration was not included... :'(
Nov 29, 2020 10:33 PM

Apr 2018
shizuku is awake, slightly dazed, and rather disheveled late at night after meeting a hot blonde guy that was obviously into her? i love the implication. I also love how honoka clinging to tatsuya is not addressed in any way lol
Dec 31, 2020 7:39 PM

Apr 2016
Shibata and Miki. That's cute.

Well dang. The parasite got away in the end. It's nice seeing what lengths Erika is willing to go to for Leo. It shows that she really cares for him.
Jan 22, 2021 4:12 AM

Dec 2012
Miyuki at the end.. OOPS

Mar 23, 2021 3:44 PM

Dec 2015
The amount of faux science mumbo jumbo this episode had. I stopped paying attention after a while.
On a weird note, the gate opening sound just before the 10 minute mark is the same sound that plays in Fallout 3, when you exit Vault 101. At least I'm pretty sure it is. So odd to hear it here.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
May 23, 2021 4:28 AM

Feb 2021
Although it has an excellent OST, opening, ending, staff and graphics, this second season felt a bit lacking in logic and script. However, I think this chapter has given to Mahouka what he was lacking. I think it has been a very interesting quality leap.
Apr 23, 2022 2:43 PM

Mar 2019
This is probably the best episode so far. I loved Tatsuya's remark at the end, how it was a disgrace, the way he said it was badass in a sad way. We finally saw why Erika did all those dumb things, even if the reason is dumb. Loved the last frame as well, how everyone looked so defeated, I'm looking forward to what's going to happen after.

Also I FINALLY realized why this whole Mayumi and Juumonji thing happened and why Azusa suddenly became the president back in season 1 and no wonder I didn't remember anything about it... because it never happened in the first place since they skipped a whole damn volume (the 5th one) which had all this new election. Dumb decision that made everything much more confusing and less enjoyable because of it, but now I finally feel satisfied.
Alex_TheForestApr 23, 2022 2:50 PM
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Jul 17, 2022 8:10 AM
Oct 2019
i'm legitimately upset for erika. for some reason her frustration/disappointment, feeling of not being good/strong enough (whatever you wanna call it) struck me

if he immediately regrets it, why did he not use the grand demolition in the first place?

so, that girl the parasite took control of, she's like gone? completely?

this is a pretty solid show when you skip all the shit-tastic sibling love scenes
Nov 23, 2022 11:35 AM

Apr 2013
I almost expected that the parasite would enter one of them. Who was that maid though, do we know her?
Aug 21, 2023 7:54 PM

Nov 2010
I really love the first 10+ seconds of the OP. Beautiful Miyuki and Angelina, + the tunes are a sight to see!
The extradimensional theory is my kind of stuff. I always enjoy learning more about it.

I wish that stuff about harnessing magic energy from different dimensions is real. It would be cool to see sorcery in real life. I want to access it and become the world's first supervillain! Haha

So they are fighting extradimensional beings. They are so tricky to fight against. Very intriguing. I wonder why it didn't do the same with Sgt. Sullivan?
Halfway into the season, and I'm still enjoying this. This season is so much better than the first.
Jan 27, 7:39 AM

Apr 2009
So the enemy is a jellyfish...at least in it's magical perceptible form?
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Apr 16, 1:31 PM

Dec 2018
Great episode, and I'm glad we got to see the rest of the cast being awesome and not just the MC. I wonder what these "parasites" really are, maybe trying to steal back the energy that they lost in their dimension from the experiment?
Apr 20, 9:52 AM
Aug 2023
nice, we already got parasyte.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Raihousha-hen Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2020

88 by Kevin9029 »»
Apr 20, 9:52 AM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Raihousha-hen Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 17, 2020

82 by Kevin9029 »»
Apr 20, 9:51 AM

» Lina's Weaknesses

FiddlePie - May 20, 2022

16 by Mq84jdk »»
Mar 1, 10:22 PM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Raihousha-hen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

z00nex - Oct 3, 2020

160 by amf85 »»
Feb 29, 6:36 PM

» Lina

Dabbingpotato - Feb 20

48 by TrickyHunter0506 »»
Feb 28, 10:20 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.