Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Irregular at Magic High School (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 18, 2020 11:02 AM
Oct 2020
-Mahesvara said:
Zeifle said:
I was very confused but after double checking it seems that these episodes were released around the time the movie came out when they weren't supposed to
Except they weren't, movie came out in 2017, stop lying.

Technically, she is weaker than Lina if the combat ability of the two were to be rated directly but she is able to make up for that with proper tactics, preemptive aggressive offense, and forcing Lina onto the defensive.
Never said Erika is weak, but there are level's to this and Lina is out of her league. Erika had all the advantages this fight they just had and still lost.

The author says they're equal, so they are equal whether you like it or not.

No, Tatsuya is constantly creating new technologies to tackle various obstacles, however, most of the magic he utilizes already exist before the first season's events and is simply banned from use or locked away due to the limiters.

Oh so these magics created themselves huh?

You seem to be biased towards Lina to the extent of hyping her as something that isn't the case and she even says so regarding Miyuki's fight.
And you seem to be biased against her. She's literally one of the strongest in the series and she IS right up there with Miyuki. Don't dismiss the authors words with your own headcanon.

Except they have and these first three episodes along with at least the next two have existed since 2017 when the movie came out which raises the question why are they just now releasing season 2 officially if leaks showed at least half the season was completed years ago. Your now arguing with me and other users about seeing leaked content YOU simply didn't know existed.

Erika vs Lina fight ACTUAL facts:
- Lina's fault she got distracted despite her experience and skill level as a first rate soldier.
- Erika was using a WEAKER weapon than usual to make it less conspicuous than her far more powerful Orochimaru weapon while Angie was using her top grade gear including body armor and CAD. In Erika's case her weapon due to her fighting style is critical in the power she wields.
- Erika was also not going for a kill holding back and not using her far more deadly techniques while Angie was taking the fight relatively seriously and was shown to have been struggling at the end when she commented about Erika's strength, but we don't know how serious she was (it could have still only been 70%, herself, for all we know but it was more serious than Erika's intent to harm and kill).
- Lina was not drained of magic like you claimed.
- In the light novel which offers a more detailed fight between the two there are more hits on Lina's outfit and articles that could have proven fatal if she had not just barely avoided them or were Erika using her real weapon or lethal techniques intended to kill.
- There was no clear victor. When the fight ended Erika was crouched but we don't know if she was out of the fight. Lina looks less afflicted but post fight is having it quite rough, herself, and was likely just holding on from buckling and being in a non-combative condition. She could still fire but it isn't certain she could be as mobile as necessary against Erika's close range fighting style or if she could withstand another blow even with her armor and reinforcement magics.
- Lina is clearly a grade above as a magician, however, as a fighter it isn't quite as clear. The two specialize in different areas, but if Lina were to be able to create momentum in the fight even Erika would likely lose which is why it was a riskier fight for her than Lina but it doesn't mean Lina will win in said 1vs1 nor did she.
- HOWEVER it should be mentioned Lina has

The author does not state they are equal. In fact, the author outright states
You are literally making stuff up.

Those techniques you list only make up a tiny fraction of his primary abilities and most of them are minor variants of already existing abilities of his so it would be far fetched to call them "new magics". Some like Gatekeeper we don't even know when were developed but all indications point to before S1 anime events. You are trying to claim things that existed already or are just minor variants of magic that already existed as "new developed types of magic." That is no different than claiming Material Burst or his revival magic as being developed during the end of S1 just because he doesn't show it off in episode 1. Ridiculous.

False. I'm very clearly not biased against Lina. I've explicitly stated in terms of caliber she is technically above Erika but it doesn't mean Lina wins every type of match up and in every single scenario regardless of conditions or that she can't be beaten by certain types of opponents. I've also pointed out she is first rate and had she not been pushed on the defensive she would have likely crushed Erika. I also pointed out she wasn't using her weapon in this post that would have made it an ez win for Lina, though she wouldn't have been capable of using it in this case anyways tbh. At the same time Erika wasn't fighting anywhere near her full strength. Lina is very powerful and one of the most powerful mages in the world, though technically classified as tactical she is much more suited to smaller scale skirmishes. However, she will typically crush nearly any mage she comes against. Stating Miyuki can beat her, the sister of Tatsuya of all people and a main member of the Yotsuba family, doesn't mean I'm putting Lina down at all. You forget who we are talking about here, obviously, and are simply trying to lift Lina a bit too high in the rankings. FYI, I'd definitely agree in terms of caliber Lina is right there with Miyuki, however in a 1vs1 match up between the two both the author and Lina herself state Lina would be dead in such a fight requiring Tatsuya to stop the fight saving her life. This isn't saying she is inferior to Miyuki, just a bad match up.
Oct 18, 2020 12:57 PM

May 2018

Why do I have the feeling that she gonna be in danger????
Oct 18, 2020 1:25 PM
Jan 2015
Zeifle said:
-Mahesvara said:
Except they weren't, movie came out in 2017, stop lying.

Never said Erika is weak, but there are level's to this and Lina is out of her league. Erika had all the advantages this fight they just had and still lost.

The author says they're equal, so they are equal whether you like it or not.

Oh so these magics created themselves huh?

And you seem to be biased against her. She's literally one of the strongest in the series and she IS right up there with Miyuki. Don't dismiss the authors words with your own headcanon.

Except they have and these first three episodes along with at least the next two have existed since 2017 when the movie came out which raises the question why are they just now releasing season 2 officially if leaks showed at least half the season was completed years ago. Your now arguing with me and other users about seeing leaked content YOU simply didn't know existed.
There was no leak, at all. This is the first time these episodes have came out. Unless you've got definitive proof, I'm gonna assume you talking out of your ass, cause I've been following this series very closely and never saw these "leaks" you speak of.

Erika vs Lina fight ACTUAL facts:
Bro, I've read this arc a dozen times, don't need you reciting shit I already know. My point is Lina far outclasses Erika and any realistic battle scenario between the two would result in Erika's defeat and any scenario where Erika could would he extremely unlikely to occur.

The author does not state they are equal. In fact, the author outright states
You are literally making stuff up.
He does with his writing, there's several mentions indirectly or directly comparing them as being equals in magic power.
I'm not making anything up, you missed or forgot key details.

Those techniques you list only make up a tiny fraction of his primary abilities and most of them are minor variants of already existing abilities of his so it would be far fetched to call them "new magics". Some like Gatekeeper we don't even know when were developed but all indications point to before S1 anime events. You are trying to claim things that existed already or are just minor variants of magic that already existed as "new developed types of magic." That is no different than claiming Material Burst or his revival magic as being developed during the end of S1 just because he doesn't show it off in episode 1. Ridiculous.
They are still considered as new magic. Just about most magic in mahouka could be considered a variant of magic from whatever type or system they belong to, so being a variant doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things. And quite a few of the ones i mentioned aren't minor at all, cause they are all key components to why he's basically invincible and able to handle just about any threat or foe at the current point the books are at, you just can't scoff at them and say they aren't a big deal when they are.

False. I'm very clearly not biased against Lina. I've explicitly stated in terms of caliber she is technically above Erika
Technically? She is, no question about it.
but it doesn't mean Lina wins every type of match up and in every single scenario regardless of conditions or that she can't be beaten by certain types of opponents.
I mean anyone in the series(even Tatsuya) can potentially lose in the right scenario, but when your directly comparing characters you want to have them at their best and on an even playing field.
I'd definitely agree in terms of caliber Lina is right there with Miyuki, however in a 1vs1 match up between the two both the author and Lina herself state Lina would be dead in such a fight requiring Tatsuya to stop the fight saving her life. This isn't saying she is inferior to Miyuki, just a bad match up
Okay you keep wanting to bring up that fight, but you also are overlooking some key details
-MahesvaraOct 18, 2020 2:19 PM
My Queens

Oct 18, 2020 2:20 PM

May 2018
Godsuya managed to unveil the transfer girl's identity. Those masked guys looked so stupid lol
Oct 18, 2020 3:03 PM

Apr 2018
Angie vs Chiba fight was epic. Always gotta have Miyuki x Tatsuya sense. Tatsuya found out Angie's real identity.
Oct 18, 2020 6:05 PM
Oct 2020
Too much false and misrepresented information from you at this point. I have no interest in entertaining this further than you since you are going so far as to call the author and characters from the story liars among other problems with your post giving out false details. As for proving that this was leaked early I could really care less as other posters have commented it, too, and your irrational opinion really isn't worth my attention at this point.
Oct 18, 2020 6:27 PM
Jan 2015
I brought up actual details from the books and you just try to basically discredit what i have to say as "fake news". Bravo, you've shown your true colors(not like you hid them that well to begin with tho).

Also try to shitpost with your main acc next time
-MahesvaraOct 18, 2020 6:38 PM
My Queens

Oct 18, 2020 6:46 PM
Jul 2016
who writes this shit for main characters to be godmode. The knowledge, skill and experience tatsuya has is just because the author said so.
Oct 18, 2020 6:54 PM
Jul 2016
who writes this shit for main characters to be godmode. The knowledge, skill and experience tatsuya has is just because the author said so.
Oct 18, 2020 8:31 PM
Oct 2020
-Mahesvara said:
I brought up actual details from the books and you just try to basically discredit what i have to say as "fake news". Bravo, you've shown your true colors(not like you hid them that well to begin with tho).

Also try to shitpost with your main acc next time

You were provided direct quotes from characters claiming contrary to what you said in the light novel and additional details for Erika's fight from the light novel which showed her doing even better against Lina. In addition, Erika is simply a stronger than normal matchup in this case and wasn't using lethal techniques and was using an inferior weapon than she normally wields for sake of concealment otherwise both hits would have been potentially fatal on Lina even before including her lethal techniques which she didn't even bother to use.

Just because Lina and Miyuki are of the same caliber as mages does not mean they are equal in a direct 1vs1 fight as they have their own strengths and weaknesses. Lina, herself, is a bizarre case among tactical class magicians being small local scale instead of large scale as is. Miyuki completely overwhelmed her and nearly killed her forcing her to go with a dangerous use of multicast which was still not enough.

I've also cited why her special weapon couldn't be used in those cases, otherwise the outcomes could have been very different. You are just biased towards your favorite character even when they, themselves, explicitly state you to be wrong in the light novel.

Grow up. This is my only account. I'm not new to this site as a whole but I am new to the forums. Like I said. This conversation is over.

ItsBritneyBitch said:

You should see Overlord, One Punch Man, Kenja no Mago, Death March to the Parallel World Raphsody, or Arifureta if you want to see even more grossly OP characters simply because author deemed it so from the start as they walk over all the enemies treating the story/world as their playground. I still enjoy them, tho tbh.

If you want more well designed stories with OP characters I'd look at some older anime like Trigun and Rurouni Kenshin. Despite being effectively OP their story accommodates them much better and is less of a power trip.
Oct 18, 2020 9:00 PM
Jan 2015
@Zeifle wait i thought this conversation is over yet, you still continue it? Lol.
You were provided direct quotes from characters claiming contrary to what you said
You provided none though, all you've given was your own interpretations of the events in question. I can go ahead and grab some direct quotes that directly support the statements I've made however.

I can look up more if you want too.
-MahesvaraOct 18, 2020 9:09 PM
My Queens

Oct 18, 2020 9:26 PM
Mar 2015
Nice oni-sama moment Erica exposed just when she was taking down a vampire
Oct 19, 2020 4:45 PM

Jul 2013
And there we have it, the op at magical high school strikes again lol. But hey at least it's entertaining in a way.
Oct 19, 2020 5:57 PM
Jun 2014
SomeGuyWithHair said:
Man ain't it rushed. Scenes removed, fights shortened, zero tension and lack of information. This arc covered three volumes and each volume kept it interesting. But this, I don't know. This anime is failing in presenting its true nature and it shows.

Seems to me that source material is usually more enjoyable than adaptations (LN in this case was much more enjoyable to read than watching the anime imo)
Oct 20, 2020 6:29 AM

Sep 2020
It's pretty decent when it comes to the visuals and the story seems okay so far, which is the reason why I watched this show in the first place. Lina's cover gets blown in this episode by the almighty Tatsuya so I'm looking forward to see how that develops in the next episode. Miyuki being cute as always, but that doesn't change how I feel about the characters unfortunately.
Oct 21, 2020 7:31 AM
Mar 2012
Monk sensei very nice cqc practice.
A lot more techno babble, would add to plot if it's refreshed or explained the connections. What mist dispersion? trident? Parade kinda explained and was name dropped in ep2 already.
Guess this season can try appreciating that 'relationship', after some tries now think it's both cute and hilarious.
Godtsuya kill steals then blows her cover lol, any gamer would riot.
Oct 21, 2020 8:39 AM
Jan 2015
gophercg said:
A lot more techno babble, would add to plot if it's refreshed or explained the connections. What mist dispersion? trident?
Mist Dispersion is Tatsuya's magic that deconstructs/decomposes matter. Trident is the name of his CAD and its ability to triple cast Mist Dispersion and other spells. Should of refreshed yourself by rewatching s1 yourself. Can't blame s2 for not doing it, because if they did, they would have to cut even more content from the novels in order to fit it in.
My Queens

Oct 21, 2020 3:50 PM

Sep 2014
My favourite part about this show is the completely normal, natural and healthy sibling relationship they have going.

My second favourite thing is the absolute unit of a vice school council president. Its like THE anime cliche.

Place 3 must be Tech Jesus being tech jesus.

You can call it somewhat bland or trashy at times, but the show just does it all really well. It never shies away from its true nature.
Really looking forward to tech jesus time.

PS: numba 1 supa special forces girl "why are all the japanese highschoolers so strong darn it!"
What is there not to love about the show.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Oct 21, 2020 7:31 PM

Oct 2009
Not enough Onii-sama~!! D:
But that Miyuki scene was the highlight of the episode xd

Anyways I'm rather confused, they already defeated the Sergeant??
Wasn't he the big baddy..
A lot of it feels rushed //cutting straight to the action..
Oct 21, 2020 9:34 PM

Aug 2017
Onii-sama managed to discover Lina's identity, it was to be expected! Is onii-sama going to need more help?
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Oct 27, 2020 5:50 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Miyuki's blushing because of onii-sama's hand was sure my favorite moment of the episode, but damn Lina is already discovered, that's fast.
Oct 31, 2020 5:01 AM

Dec 2010
Nearly twenty minutes of pure Tatsuya awesomeness, yet the little we got besides that was still awesome. I love how this story an juggle so many characters and keep interesting in their own ways.
Nov 7, 2020 8:27 PM

Nov 2018
Lina: won the fight but collarbone fracture
Erika: torn clothes...
Still wondering if it's plot armor or not
Nov 8, 2020 3:19 PM

Jul 2017
My girl Erika really did pop off. I'm interested how next episode is going to turn out since Lina's identity is known. Miyuki's blush really did send me flying.
Like how can I not be in love with this?

。*✲゚*♡(o•ᴗ•o)♡*✲゚*。

Dec 31, 2020 2:45 PM

Apr 2016
What reason did they have to attack Lena? Do they think she's a vampire or a parasite? I didn't quite catch that.

Can't say I'm a fan of the Tatsuya and Miyuki moments, cause they're siblings lol

Well, Lena's exposed
Jan 6, 2021 8:59 PM
Dec 2020
Anyone else notice that one of the markers being tracked on the map was already named "ANGIE" in the scene before Tatsuya left to confront Lena?
Jan 22, 2021 2:27 AM

Dec 2012
FUCKING OWNED!!!

Mar 31, 2021 2:29 AM

Sep 2012
Angelina is so busted and so easily lol
he knew she is a spy but not more
JiangHaoyi1979 said:

Why do I have the feeling that she gonna be in danger????

i was thinking same when Tatsuya left the house
Sugram22Mar 31, 2021 2:34 AM
Apr 23, 2022 1:05 PM

Mar 2019
And now we get Erika out of nowhere going out with Mikihiko on a mission, for no reason.

That finale though, nice one Tatsuya!!
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Nov 22, 2022 7:36 AM

Apr 2013
Was a good episode apart from the cringe onii-sama interaction as usual.
Aug 21, 2023 6:39 PM

Nov 2010
Excellent action in this episode! I enjoyed it a lot.
I'm curious to know what's up with Sgt. Sullivan. It's a shame he got beaten already after his impressive performance in the previous episode.
Miyuki looks so delectable! Wincest FTW!
I'm sure Tatsuya already figured out from the beginning. However, I didn't expect him to destroy Angelina's cover so soon.
Jan 27, 7:37 AM

Apr 2009
I forgot I'm still creeped out of their weird relationship until now after all these years watching this series. Ughh
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Apr 20, 9:51 AM
Aug 2023
its good but to much cut content
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Raihousha-hen Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 31, 2020

83 by Kevin9029 »»
Apr 20, 9:52 AM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Raihousha-hen Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2020

88 by Kevin9029 »»
Apr 20, 9:52 AM

» Lina's Weaknesses

FiddlePie - May 20, 2022

16 by Mq84jdk »»
Mar 1, 10:22 PM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Raihousha-hen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

z00nex - Oct 3, 2020

160 by amf85 »»
Feb 29, 6:36 PM

» Lina

Dabbingpotato - Feb 20

48 by TrickyHunter0506 »»
Feb 28, 10:20 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.