Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 9, 2020 9:55 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Now that Yuuji knows the situation he's in, it seems he doesn't have much of a choice than to go with the flow and adapt with the changes in his life. More info dumping with the supernatural elements though.

Not going to lie, I find the fight between him and that green monster to be silly with all that bouncing everywhere. Got to see a little bit of Nobara but I hope she gets more screen time. The ED theme song is very stylish.
Oct 9, 2020 9:59 AM

Apr 2020
So, Yuuji changed schools, to a school called Jujutsu and Yuji seemed to have gotten along well with Fushiguro.
Oct 9, 2020 10:15 AM
Apr 2018
ED VISUALS AND THE SONG MY GOODNESS. JJK FANS Y'ALL FEASTING.

There were some minor changes in the scenes, but that's fine I guess. Pacing was good so far (episode ended in chapter 3).
Oct 9, 2020 10:29 AM
Sep 2020
THE ENDING...THE ANIMATION....IT WAS BEAUTIFUL !!!
Oct 9, 2020 10:56 AM

Dec 2015
So far everything has been as shounen as it can get. Hope we can get something different down the line.
Oct 9, 2020 11:01 AM

Nov 2016
Our boy Satoru, can't wait to see him in action and Nobara is also already here, next episode gonna be good.

Definitely more engaging than when I read the manga, took me a couple of chapters till I was feeling it.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 9, 2020 11:02 AM

Jul 2017
The material is still bland and comedy is so bad, but the production efforts from MAPPA have been damn solid still and I like Gojou here a bit more than the manga.

MAPPA pacing this decently too so even if I'm bored by the material, it's somewhat watchable compared to the director and studio's efforts for God of High School.
Oct 9, 2020 11:13 AM

Oct 2017
Gojou-sensei is so COOOOL!!!!

I can't take anyone who's decrying this as "overhyped shounen crap" seriously when it's THIS entertaining and well-made.
Oct 9, 2020 11:15 AM

Feb 2019
My goat Gojou finally here. And my baby Nobara here. Episode went by fast as hell, soon as she came up the credits were rolling ๐Ÿ˜”

MAPPA snapped so hard on the Gojou v Sukuna fight. GoH visuals with JJK story is gonna be amazing.

ED is a vibe too. The visuals are hilarious
Oct 9, 2020 11:15 AM

Jul 2012
These guys remind me of Team 7 :P
Oct 9, 2020 11:27 AM

Jan 2015
Way better than the 1st episode without a doubt. A note-worthy short fight right at the beginning, nice

And it seems like Jump acknowledged the fact that, after Kimetsu no Yaiba, their manga adaptations deserves to be treated well with high production values if they want to make them big hits in the country
Oct 9, 2020 11:29 AM

Jan 2009
so that curse Sukuna is the strongest curse eh and they gonna collect all the dragon balls i mean his fingers

lol this scene

Oct 9, 2020 11:31 AM

Jul 2020
THAT ED VISUAL THO (Especially Gojou's part was so lit I mean those finger movements are so flawless(o wait))

For the storywise it's a little bit typical shounen cliche but I guess for now I can overlook that fact and try to see more of what the next chapters are gonna pull off. Who are gonna be the enemies? How are they gonna learn and fight? What kind of chemistry would these main 4 characters pull off? These weill be the main points that I would concentrate on this show.
Even if I'm alone, I'll go, even if I want to die.
I can hear your voice, saying I shouldn't die.
Even if it's difficult, even if I cry from loneliness
I can feel warmth from deep inside my heart.

Going round-and-round and flowing, time is ever-changing.
I can't remember what happened anymore, but
If I try and close my eyes, I can hear someone's laughing voice
For some reason, now, that is My Most Precious Treasure.

from Ichiban no Takaramono, by LiSA
Oct 9, 2020 11:36 AM

Mar 2020
Nice episode. Gojo is finally here. They explained Sukuna in this episode. The ed was kinda catchy. And we'll get to see Nobara next episode, I'm excited!
MochiRonDesu14Oct 9, 2020 11:42 AM
Oct 9, 2020 11:49 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
The story is pretty standard, but there's some good energy and production values here to make this so far a very watchable show. Let's see if it keeps up along the line.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Oct 9, 2020 11:53 AM

Mar 2020
loved the episode and the ED is amazinggg. also really excited to see how itadori and fushiguro's friendship/teamwork plays out. love them already.

โโ˜† ๐—ง๐—ต๐—ฎ๐˜ ๐˜€๐˜๐—ฎ๐—ฟ, ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฎ๐˜ ๐˜€๐˜๐—ฎ๐—ฟ, ๐—บ๐˜† ๐˜ƒ๐—ผ๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ฒ โ˜†

๐˜ ๐˜ธ๐˜ช๐˜ด๐˜ฉ ๐˜ ๐˜ค๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ญ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ค๐˜ฉ ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ...โž

Oct 9, 2020 11:53 AM
Apr 2017
Holy shit the ED is pretty bop !
Oct 9, 2020 11:57 AM

Mar 2016
High production value should be an accessory and not something solely trying to carry a series. Unfortunately this is yet again happening to MAPPA, except with JJK right now.
Oct 9, 2020 11:58 AM
May 2012
animejas said:
The material is still bland and comedy is so bad, but the production efforts from MAPPA have been damn solid still and I like Gojou here a bit more than the manga.

MAPPA pacing this decently too so even if I'm bored by the material, it's somewhat watchable compared to the director and studio's efforts for God of High School.

I will never understand people like you. Why bother watching something you don´t like. Where´s the logic
Oct 9, 2020 12:01 PM
Sep 2017
man this series is gona be good the animation during the fights were smooth as butter and man while i love the ed a hell of a lot and i love the visuals that go along with it i think i prefered the op over it which while it has a bit more of a generic song the visuals were just out of this world
Oct 9, 2020 12:02 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
For someone famed to be the strongest Gojou sure is quite the carefree person. Still its nice to see him back his words with genuine skill. Wow so there's still quite a few fingers and toes that need to be retrieved huh. Sukuna sure has tons of them. The members of the occult club sure got injured badly in their quest. The demon's determination to appear at times sure adds a layer of comedy to the series. Hmm the principal sure wasn't as i expected though. Still the cursed doll/plushies sure were pretty interesting while also offering a unique challenge. That doll sure had quite the attitude though. While the fight/interview was harsh it provided an excellent opportunity for Yuuji to revaluate his reasons for embarking on his quest. Overall an interesting ep that did well to introduce the core lore of the series in the form of the school and the Jujutsu creed while also showing just how powerful masters of that creed were. Looks like we get to see the third year next and man she's quite the dreamer.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Aug 2020
YD-kun said:
THE ENDING...THE ANIMATION....IT WAS BEAUTIFUL !!!
YESSSSSSSSSSs omg i agree
Jul 2020
too perfect Gojou god
Oct 9, 2020 12:04 PM

Sep 2019
Animation was great, I liked the ed as well. It looks like that white haired guy will be my favourite in this show.
Oct 9, 2020 12:05 PM
Aug 2020
only one word for jujutsu kaisen ....
Waiting for NEXT EPISODE
it was soooo good ๐Ÿ˜Š
Oct 9, 2020 12:06 PM

Nov 2016
Satoru/Gojou hasn't shown anything yet.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 9, 2020 12:06 PM
Jul 2020
zyrus43 said:
THAT ED VISUAL THO (Especially Gojou's part was so lit I mean those finger movements are so flawless(o wait))

For the storywise it's a little bit typical shounen cliche but I guess for now I can overlook that fact and try to see more of what the next chapters are gonna pull off. Who are gonna be the enemies? How are they gonna learn and fight? What kind of chemistry would these main 4 characters pull off? These weill be the main points that I would concentrate on this show.
animejas said:

at the beginning the story is really cliché, but it will improve with each chapter and in the shibuya arc that ends the clichés
Oct 9, 2020 12:12 PM

Dec 2014
This is great, loving it.

Gojou is cool, the battle between him and Sukuna was awesome. The animation is on point for conveying speed and power.

I definitely think Itadori's body is special somehow. No idea on what or why that's the case. I do love how he controls Sukuna at will, even after eating the second piece. Sukuna randomly popping out and talking makes for some fun moments though.

Itadori vs The principal was awesome.
"Education is making people realize things" is the best line I have heard in a while. Couldn't help but smirk after hearing that.
Itadori saying he didn't want to regret the way he lived by not helping people when he had the chance to do it was awesome.

ED is absolute fire.
Really looking forward to more now.
Oct 9, 2020 12:14 PM
Jan 2020
Really loved the characters shenanigans, the scene at crematorium and director's test. Looking forward to the 3rd episode of greatness!
Oct 9, 2020 12:17 PM
Aug 2020
All i can say is, that episode was HEAT, the animation is great, the ost is pretty dope, the ED i guess is alright, i was expecting more of something similar to the OP, i guess the ED is just to bring an urban vibe, it’s pretty nice to look at, overall 10/10 episode
Oct 9, 2020 12:17 PM
Oct 2019
WOW! Manga readers have been hyping up Jujutsu Kaisen so much. My expectations were very high, and this episode delivered. I am understanding the hype now.

The ED is fantastic both the visual and the song are smooth, groovy, and lively. All the character were fantastic but Gojou’s dance was so effortless and cool. I can already tell he going to be one of my favourite character or even my favourite character in this series.

Seriously MAPPA really delivered when it comes to that Gojou vs Sukuna. I wasn’t prepared, they really didn’t have to flex like that. The animation. The camera angles. Truly fantastic. My favourite line “My student’s watching so I’m going to show off a little.” He is badass, like he talking to over 2,000year-old curse known as the “King of curses” and Gojou didn’t even break a sweat.

This is fucking cruel dilemma that Yuuji had to choose from: Be executed or be executed after absorbing all of Sukuna. At least if he chooses the latter he will have a proper death- being able to save the world from the like of Ryoumen Sukuna.

Principal Yaga Masamichi is a wise man. I have a feeling that the new girl with orange hair and Yuuji aren’t going getting to get along in next week episode.

I am hyped. Can’t wait for next week
Oct 9, 2020 12:20 PM

Jun 2015
Liking the vibe and feel of this show. I suspect its ine that might get pretty dark and wild before its done and its nice to have a monster fest. Not to many of them about atm.
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Oct 9, 2020 12:22 PM

Aug 2013
Loving Gojou already and the fact that he is voiced by Nakamura Yuuichi makes it better. I can tell that he hasn't shown his full power.

The ED with its visual is fire.

Oct 9, 2020 12:23 PM
Oct 2016
Expanding upon what we saw last episode with Yuji eating the Sukuna finger and becoming a vessel for Sukuna himself. Gojo the baddest motherfucker around showing up!!! I love Gojo, he's probably the best character in Jujutsu Kaisen tbh. A pure badass just like we saw this episode. Taking on Sukuna all by himself and pretty much toying with the King of demons the entire time. Yuji being able to switch back and forth helps out a lot since he can more or less control when Sukuna emerges. Funny when later on Sukuna kept talking through Yuji cheek and hand. He's a mouthy demon. Yuji joining Jujutsu Tech is awesome! He can learn some proper techniques now being at the school. Dorm neighbors with Megumi too, it's a win win! Yuji test with the principal shows just how much a good boy Yuji is. Not just doing this because it was his grandpa dying wish but because if he hair sat by and did nothing while Sukuna tormented people it'd eat away at Yuji every free thought he had. The guilt of not doing something only he could do would be too much. Great episode, loved the ending song Holy hell is that amazing or what! Nobara teased at the end and more from her next episode!!
Oct 9, 2020 12:24 PM

Jan 2014
Watched the first two eps back to back, and really enjoying it so far. Real curious how much more in depth they go when it comes to curses.
Oct 9, 2020 12:26 PM

May 2015
Ryuseishun said:
High production value should be an accessory and not something solely trying to carry a series. Unfortunately this is yet again happening to MAPPA, except with JJK right now.

Really don't see how that's the case. This isn't best shounen ever or anything, but it's doing the shounen elements well, and already has a better and more cohesive story than GoH.

Oct 9, 2020 12:33 PM

Mar 2016
This is a better episode compared to the first one. I love every aspect of it, osts, visuals, fighting scenes and humour. Also this episode is exciting, we're introduced to more places, more characters, the organization. Overall satisfied
Oct 9, 2020 12:34 PM

Nov 2015
I'll say it: This anime is everything i hoped God of Highschool was.

I did it. Thank me later.
Oct 9, 2020 12:38 PM

Apr 2007
XXXXXXXXXIII said:
So far everything has been as shounen as it can get. Hope we can get something different down the line.
Agreed. After hearing so many good things about the series I guess I expected a bit too much from the start.

I like the idea of gathering all the fingers and Sukuna coming out here and there. Gojo is exactly what I expected from Nakamura Yuuichi as well. Now to see if the main girl will be likable or not .-.
Oct 9, 2020 12:38 PM
ๅญ”็œŸใƒปใ‚ณใ‚ฆใƒžใ‚ณใƒˆ

Jun 2017
Definitely a lot better than the first episode, I'm totally hooked now!

Cool short fight with the Principal too. Seriously though, how can this lad take such a beating and come out just fine? Is it going to follow that route where his father happened to be a great Jujutsu fighter in the past or something, I wonder...

By the way, Sensei too strong. Even against Sukuna, he can manage to hold his ground? That's OP as fudge right there.

ED is pretty darn cool though, I must say. Stylish, I like it.

Fall 2020 has been Great so far and, by the looks of it, this is only going to get better by the episode. Pretty excited for what's to come next!

I like the female character from the Op already lol so I'm looking forward to more of her next episode.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Oct 9, 2020 12:42 PM

May 2019
This was even better than the first episode
pretty good animation, likeable characters, awesome soundtracks.

5/5
”A fight isn't won once a victor is decided, it's won when someone loses.” – Izayoi Sakamaki

I don’t even know the real names of the two… no, three that I killed back then. I just closed my eyes, put my hands over my ears and tried to forget it all.” – Kirito

MY ANIME LIST
Oct 9, 2020 12:42 PM

Mar 2016
TsukuyomiREKT said:
Ryuseishun said:

Really don't see how that's the case. This isn't best shounen ever or anything, but it's doing the shounen elements well, and already has a better and more cohesive story than GoH.

I mean it's obviously not gonna be as bad as GOHS, but right now it's not a very impressive start for me, despite what you say about it doing the shounen stuff right. I agree, at least there's order in the court in this case, though not a very solidified one yet.
Oct 9, 2020 12:44 PM

Apr 2020
Looking like it's going to be a classic Shลnen , with enhanced Animation^^

Mc is a prodigy, while beeing kind of slow and overly honest/courageous

We've got the laid back, strong, masked Sensei

We've got the Rival/Best Friend already pushing

There is the 3 Man-Squad Mission coming up (just guessing)

And we've got the School Setting, for exposition and training between missions, as well^^

Some might say this is *generic* ...but these were and STILL are some of the ingredients that made me fall in Love with the Shลnen Genre. I think it's gonna be great.
Oct 9, 2020 12:46 PM

Dec 2012
I really like the setup. Now it's up to the characters and story. Hopefully it keeps being good.
Oct 9, 2020 12:52 PM

Apr 2015
Amazing episode!

It just keeps impressing me. The action at the start was nothing short than amazing!

Characters are actually really good, Satoru is actually really cool and I love his attitude a lot, he's funny and a total badass in the fight with Sukuna at the beginning.

I do love the comedy in the series so far, from complaining about the recap and current events not lining up, to "I am into girls like Jennifer Lawrence" just cracks me up. Even the moment Yuuji hangs up his poster of this blond girl (prob Jennifer Lawrence) is just funny and doesn't feel out of place to me.

That ending song + animation though, that was amazing!

Atleast next week we will have the introduction of a female MC as well, seems she can kick-ass as well!
Oct 9, 2020 12:54 PM

Nov 2018
was the campus ground always that beautiful..? thankyou mappa..
Oct 9, 2020 12:56 PM

Dec 2010
The story has not been very surprising so far, but this was definitely entertaining.

And ED was great!
Oct 9, 2020 1:02 PM
Jul 2020
The OP and ED are completely different but rewatched them both lol. The music is so catchy.

I've seen many animes that aren't really good at explaining their objective and basically the whole world+story in general (ex.- deca dence, was still good though). However, with Jujutsu Kaisen it was clear and concise which I'm really glad about even though I already knew what the goal was due to reading the manga.

An amazing episode, can't wait for the next one.
Oct 9, 2020 1:10 PM

Dec 2019
The comedy still isn't the best and the story isn't anything special but I think this episode was an improvement from the first

»»Delievers Here««
โ˜…ใƒปใƒปใƒปใƒปใƒปใƒปโ˜…

"Today might be the chance to grasp
the chance to let your talent bloom" -Tooru Oikawa

-Signature from Annie_Law

Oct 9, 2020 1:18 PM
Aug 2019
Better than ep 1. Reading the manga alongside the release of the eps and from what I've seen so farm MAPPA is adding onto the source material to make scenes and moments just a little more impactful. If it goes at this rate, and the actual content, later on, becomes interesting then this might end up amazing.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2021

641 by Peppone01 »»
Today, 3:02 AM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 16, 2020

276 by NayakoBloody »»
May 10, 4:08 PM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

_MushiRock11_ - Sep 19, 2020

492 by NayakoBloody »»
May 10, 3:12 PM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 18, 2020

332 by tuga_lu »»
May 9, 2:39 PM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2020

237 by manishtandurkar »»
Apr 25, 3:39 AM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.