Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Irregular at Magic High School (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 3, 2020 7:40 AM

Sep 2019
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
A blonde exchange student starts going to our highschool. She turns out to be a commander and the protaganist doesn’t even care. Let’s see if the op protaganist will have any hard times this season.
Oct 3, 2020 8:37 AM

Jan 2014
It's at least interesting to start off with. Though hope that doesn't become less interesting as it goes along.
Oct 3, 2020 8:47 AM

Feb 2018
Angelina, one of the magicians who can use material burst. I wasn't surprised when Lina's is that red haired girl, since I've read this ... Ma, far enough. Starting with the new year, it looks like it's going to be a happy Christmas. I prefer Lina's yukata than Miyuki's.

New transfer student, Angelina. I'm still curious about Lina's relationship with Stars and Sirius, a brief duel with Tatsuya was also shown. I feel that Lina is a troublesome tsundere character.

Please forgive me, Tatsuya-sama.

SyureriaOct 3, 2020 8:54 AM
Oct 3, 2020 8:49 AM
Jun 2015
Hope this anime tones the fuck down with all the info dump boring dialouge.
Oct 3, 2020 8:57 AM

Nov 2011
It's been 6 years since Mahouka aired and tbh, I kinda forgot about some of the stuff already (haven't read the LN in years now).

A lot of characters reintroduced again with some new faces. We also got girls like Miyuki and Angelina dressed up in a yukata to make an impression. Tatsuya and Angelina sure has a bit of a rivalry already.

Not sure how many episodes this will have yet but I assume it may be a 1-cour.
Oct 3, 2020 8:57 AM

Aug 2013
Seeing Lina once again, the wait was worth it.

It has been three years since I've read the Visitor arc and I'm looking forward to this. A good first episode. Tatsuya easily figured out Lina's true identity.

Syureria said:
Angelina, one of the magicians who can use material burst.

Lina doesn't use Material Burst. She uses different magic.

Oct 3, 2020 8:58 AM

Nov 2007
Christmas party.

The girl who is exchanged w. Hikasa-san's character goes to Boston for 3 months.

lol @ Hikasa-san's character's kimono.

Game CM was aired https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcm0cuiN-s8

Officially introduced at school. Sister girl (power) vs. Hikasa-san's character (speed) and Sister girl winning.

Siblings suspecting who Hikasa-san's character is.

Sort of confrontation and confirmation.

Then about the criminals that Hikasa-san's character (when she was red hair w. mask) captured in the beginning of series escaped in Japan.

OP is cool.

5 vol.s total
https://mahouka.jp/package/05.html
tsubasaloverOct 4, 2020 2:52 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Oct 3, 2020 8:59 AM

Feb 2018
Leo said:
Lina doesn't use Material Burst. She uses different magic.
I know that, I just forgot a little because it's such a really troublesome name.

Oct 3, 2020 8:59 AM

Jan 2009
Barely remembered S1. Not reading LN but this episode is a nice start.
hah.
Oct 3, 2020 9:17 AM

Oct 2017
Took an eternity but finally this is back.

Pretty interesting and amusing premise. So the featured girl in the key visual was Lina and wow she's a spy. Thou like she said she's not made for being a spy XD. Also I dun think she was sent there to actually spy but they planned the assassination of the fugitives from the begining.

Miyuki looked so pretty in the yukata. It's such a bliss to see her smile after all this time. Always gonna be one of my waifus.

The production's good, maybe not as good as the madhouse one but still better than I thought.
Oct 3, 2020 9:23 AM

Dec 2010
Having read the novel, I'm excited for the visitor arc.

Kinda sad madhouse isn't doing this though but 8bit.

Oct 3, 2020 9:27 AM

Nov 2016
Stark700 said:
It's been 6 years since Mahouka aired and tbh, I kinda forgot about some of the stuff already (haven't read the LN in years now).

A bit over a year was enough for me, but not that it would matter lol.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 3, 2020 9:53 AM

Jul 2013
Dumb gaijin thot trying to prove Onii-sama's strength smh. You don't go here provoking God, Lina was so lucky Onii-sama is a benevolent and understanding deity.

Cannot wait to see those fugitives getting clapped by the grace of Onii-sama.
Oct 3, 2020 9:58 AM
Aug 2018
Well I know y'all are here because you really don't care, but all I gotta say is... I think being offended by this show as a Korean is pretty justified LOL. Can't imagine this ever airing in Korea.

Satou Tsutomu is a blatant far-right imperialist, that's an undisputable fact. The only discussion you could have is whether it matters, but I doubt I'm finding anyone like-minded in this thread.

No intention of 'shaming' fans though. I see how this show would be entertaining if one didn't view Japanese imperialism to be as bad as Nazism or Facism.
Just wanted to throw in some well-deserved criticism on the author's questionable politics and ethical standards.

Ignore the triggered Korean and Enjoy your show...
Oct 3, 2020 9:59 AM
Jul 2018
dang it felt like this episode went by so fast, this reminds me how much i loved this show, holy crap cant wait for next week.
Oct 3, 2020 10:01 AM
Jul 2018
Cheshirecat3 said:
Well I know y'all are here because you really don't care, but all I gotta say is... I think being offended by this show as a Korean is pretty justified LOL. Can't imagine this ever airing in Korea.

Satou Tsutomu is a blatant far-right imperialist, that's an undisputable fact. The only discussion you could have is whether it matters, but I doubt I'm finding anyone like-minded in this thread.

No intention of 'shaming' fans though. I see how this show would be entertaining if one didn't view Japanese imperialism to be as bad as Nazism or Facism.
Just wanted to throw in some well-deserved criticism on the author's questionable politics and ethical standards.

i just watch this show to see tatuya go bad ass
Oct 3, 2020 10:08 AM

Apr 2020
After so long this episode finally aired. This episode was interesting but the animation was little off.
Eagerly waiting for the rest episodes. Hoping 8-bits will fix the animations.
Must love Moe!
Darkness prevails!!
Slice of Life is all we need!
Oct 3, 2020 10:10 AM

Jul 2017
When I binged this show for the first time a few years back, the amount of hate I had for the MC Tatsuya was almost unrivaled by most except a few. He was so goddamn annoying and the writing was bad, but at least the first season had decent production from Madhouse and amazing songs for their openings despite me hating most of the characters and the lazy writing (and also Miyuki's ONIISAMA was borderline traumatizing with how much she annoyed me with saying that).

Now season 2 is here with a completely new studio and I wasn't annoyed as much as season 1, probably because it was only the first episode and not much really happened here. Visuals do look a lot weaker though. The ASCA song was good, not a real banger like the LiSA or GARNIDELIA one, but still really good nonetheless. ASCA's song had some upbeat tempo too which is refreshing for her music that I have heard.
Oct 3, 2020 10:15 AM
Aug 2018
AmineDane said:
Cheshirecat3 said:

i just watch this show to see tatuya go bad ass
Yeah that's what I figured for most people lol
Oct 3, 2020 10:26 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Damn, it's finally back and already off to a very intriguing start!

Firstly, I'm glad I re-watched the 1st season a couple weeks back or so. I would've been been utterly confused otherwise, I imagine considering how this picked of right off the bat plus the increase in pacing.

USA intervening into the birth of a top-tier magician, now that's interesting. Moreover, it's their trump card. Oh boy, that's raising the curiosity to max! I wonder what their top priority in the first place was which Tatsuya pondered upon.

But well, something else to pay attention to for the time being. Poor spy down already, looks like the 3rd party here knows what's up.

Lol, Lina trying to test Tatsuya by the way. Sorry girl, but there's a God here in Japan and it's none other than him xD. Tatsuya trying to blow her cover though, that was kind of funny honestly. Damn, quite the first impression from her in Japan too lol.

Certainly not as many "Onii-sama scenes" as I expected but we got a nice one at the start so I'm good with that for now.

Pretty dope Op right there and the visuals cool too. I wonder how the ED will be like next week, I freakin' loved the 2nd ED theme (especially for the visual side) so let's see if it'll top that. A pity that the animation standard has dropped a nod but it's still more than good enough, in all honesty.

Welcome back, Mahouka Koukou! Expecting this to be just a cour sadly but hopefully we'll be getting more animated content in the near future.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Oct 3, 2020 10:35 AM

Feb 2019
shane_nichols said:

If dialogue and exposition is an issue, Mahouka ain’t for you. This series relies heavily on explanations for the magic system and events, which is why it’s one of the best selling LNs all time.
Oct 3, 2020 10:41 AM

Jun 2017
I don't remember anything from S1 but it was a good start. lol
Oct 3, 2020 10:42 AM

Feb 2019
Bro, I’m so hype rn. Mahouka and Sigrdrifa are far and away my AOTS. Been waiting 3 years for the Mahouka anime to return and I wasn’t disappointed at all. I think 8 bit came out strong with today’s episode. Love the art style and direction so far. Pacing is a bit fast, but given its 1 cour, that’s to be expected honestly. Got my baby angie animated finally. Loved the scene where she tests Tatsuya.

Yes, Mahouka is heavy on the dialogue and exposition. That’s like the point of the series and why the books have sold so well. It has the best explained and most detailed magic/power system in anime. People complaining about things like that amaze me.

Anyway, can’t wait for next week.
Marinate1016Oct 3, 2020 10:45 AM
Oct 3, 2020 10:43 AM
Jun 2015
Marinate1016 said:
shane_nichols said:

If dialogue and exposition is an issue, Mahouka ain’t for you. This series relies heavily on explanations for the magic system and events, which is why it’s one of the best selling LNs all time.
Marinate1016 said:
shane_nichols said:

But its so constant during almost every scene and it really ruins the tension for the cool fights.
Oct 3, 2020 10:52 AM
Feb 2019
Cheshirecat3 said:

I can tell you that it's not only the great asian alliance (includes China down to Malaysia) that attack Japan in this series. The New Soviet Union, Australia, USNA, Brazilians and Britain all attack Japan lol
Oct 3, 2020 11:02 AM
Jul 2019
Enter best girl Lina!

This is my first light novel I read that got an adaptation so it's an experience seeing the similarities. Gotta say, they are blazing through this. Already covered the first half of the first volume out of three. From the looks of it, they'll only cover Visitor's arc though I'm not sure if this is just the first OP and we'll get to see more (I don't recall the Kuroba twins appearing in this arc). Looking forward to the fights, cause they're the definitely the best out of every arc shown right now.
Oct 3, 2020 11:17 AM
Apr 2020
Ehhh the mc knows or kinda have an idea of the blondie but doesn't care
Hope he is not some wayyy op mc
And the commander sure sucks...
Nothin interesting... Pretty boring tbh
2/5
I should have watched the season one first my bad ....

NubPlayzOct 3, 2020 9:15 PM
Oct 3, 2020 11:22 AM

Dec 2014
Pretty decent but this is gonna be lost on me a season with so many other fantastic premieres.

Lina is cute, but Miyuki is number one always. Tatsuya is right. xD

The standoff between Lina and Tatsuya in the hallway was cool though.

Not enough Onii-sama/10
Oct 3, 2020 11:25 AM

Aug 2019
NubPlayz said:
2/5

I hope you realize this is the second season of the show, seeing as it seems you don’t already know that Tatsuya is an OP MC.
Oct 3, 2020 11:27 AM
Cherry Thighs

Apr 2013
Lina was cute in her over-the-top kimono, but despite that, this season is already rushed and low-quality. Honestly, I feel like what happened in that first episode could have fleshed out into two or three episodes. And also, it would have been nice to have a small recap at the beginning since I can barely remember what happened in the first season.

But Lina best girl.
Oct 3, 2020 11:37 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I'm disappointed. Miyuki didn't say "Onii-sama" with flustering eyes and a sigh enough times.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Oct 3, 2020 11:53 AM
May 2018
I don't remember anything lol but it is good i guess
Oct 3, 2020 12:05 PM
Jan 2015
Cheshirecat3 said:

Did you miss all the SJW's crying about mahouka being racist towards the Chinese? Lol(which is pretty ironic cause the series is pretty popular over there as well). I don't see a reason to be offended on someone elses behalf when they themselves aren't offended. Just because this series has these other nations be antagonists doesn't mean its racist either, that's just how things will turn out with how a story that deals with the kinds stuff mahouka has. This season, the USNA(which is America) will play an antagonist role and i doubt most will care, myself included.Hell the author shows Japan can be in the wrong at times as well and is far from perfect. If Satou is pro anything, its pro Tatsuya/Yotsuba.

Also you said Korea, bruh Koreans weren't ever depicted and North and South Korea don't even exist as their own nations anymore in Mahouka, the were both taken over by larger nations(The Great Asian Alliance and New Soviet) following WW3, so I think you're talking out of your ass here.
-MahesvaraOct 3, 2020 1:47 PM
My Queens

Oct 3, 2020 12:16 PM
May 2015
snowykevin said:
NubPlayz said:
2/5

I hope you realize this is the second season of the show, seeing as it seems you don’t already know that Tatsuya is an OP MC.
If you check @NubPlayz list, the guy hasn't even watched the 1st Season lmao.

Oct 3, 2020 12:28 PM
Jul 2019
OOOOH those incestious brother and sister tandem again......

So, let me guess the one that blond commander of the USNA is looking for would be Tatsuya....

For somebody to sent on a mission to look for Tatsuya, Angelina is making herself too obvious
Oct 3, 2020 12:28 PM

Feb 2016
One of my favourite animes came back after so long ,i'm excited as ever...
Oct 3, 2020 12:30 PM

Aug 2019
jc9622 said:
snowykevin said:

If you check @NubPlayz list, the guy hasn't even watched the 1st Season lmao.

Well this is the first time I’ve ever seen someone that doesn’t check if a show has a prequel and literally starts watching from season 2.
Oct 3, 2020 12:44 PM
Feb 2018
It was good. The visual quality did drop significantly. It unfortunately felt underwhelming as compared to S1 :/

But yeah, story gets better...

For me, reading LN after watching S1 was more fun. It's still good. I am just worried about the fight scenes. MadHouse did them very well, and I wish Production IG would have taken up the mantle instead of 8-bit.
Oct 3, 2020 12:44 PM

Dec 2019
Man, this is gonna be good. The hype is real man; the light novels were great, hope this season 2 is good as well.
Here we go again...
Oct 3, 2020 12:50 PM

Sep 2015
I feel like this episode was pretty rushed, but hopefully that’s just because this was more of the introduction portion, and they wanted to get to show the vamps at the end...

I’ve only made it through the first LN for this arc so far, so I’ll probably hold off and be surprised for most of the season.
Oct 3, 2020 1:05 PM

Jan 2016
Can't believe it's been 6 years now, I gave S1 a score of 6 because there was way too much scientifical gibberish which just went over my head, maybe I should rewatch it now and see if I would change my score

I generally do enjoy this series but I think it has its faults, but good start

I'm impressed with 8bits animation, it doesn't need to be over the top to look crisp
Oct 3, 2020 1:09 PM

May 2018
Wow, this is even worst than first season.
I guess the movie is a big spoiler for this arc.
I am leaving this franchise tho.
Oct 3, 2020 1:17 PM

Apr 2015
Glad to see the Irregular is back!

It wastes no time at all and we instantly get the introduction of Angelina. I was expecting her to just roll in and we get to see more of her at a later point. Too bad it was an exchange project with Shizuku.

Lina sure stood out like a sore thumb at that temple/shrine visit.

The standoff between Lina and Tatsuya was pretty impressive, the girl has guts to face him head-on like that. But he did seem slightly surprised about her actions.

Honestly, I have missed this show a bit and these outfits are still incredibly amazing to look at... These curves.. Lina is cute though. Blond hair/Blue eyes in Anime still is something magical.

Lelouch0202 said:
Not enough Onii-sama/10

Farabeuf said:
I'm disappointed. Miyuki didn't say "Onii-sama" with flustering eyes and a sigh enough times.

1000% Agreed! XD
Oct 3, 2020 1:33 PM
May 2017
Tatsuya and Lina found each other off screen. A lot faster than I expected. Was it this fast in the LN? I’d assume not but eh you never know.

Other than that it was fine. Set up. It’ll pick up next episode.
Oct 3, 2020 1:34 PM

Nov 2018
It's kinda ok for me 7/10 expect to see more action/fight scene next ep.
Oct 3, 2020 1:36 PM
Sep 2008
Im kinda lost into this. In the movie, didnt they met each other already? So why does it seem like it's their first meeting(Tatsuya and Lina)

Isnt the chronological order of this series supposed to be S1 - Movie - S2?
Oct 3, 2020 1:37 PM

Jan 2011
A really good episode. I hope this season is worth all this years of wait.
Oct 3, 2020 1:38 PM
Nov 2017
Glad that this show is back. So season 2 starts off a couple of weeks after the season 1 ending. Kind of wish they showed Tatsuya coming back to school after the attack, and everyone's reaction. Instead we get him back with the gang celebrating Christmas. Just a small critique since I was wondering how much time had passed by in the first minutes.

Also Lina is cute.
Oct 3, 2020 1:38 PM

Jul 2020
Yep I was waiting for this. Great and satisfying first episode.
Lina's introductions felt a bit rushed yet a nice tension atmosphere for the coming episode.
Looking forward who this unknown Mystery person(vampire) might be

I as well did miss the "onii-sama" from adorable Miyuki, yet there is still hope..
Oct 3, 2020 1:48 PM
Jan 2015
KiraHokuten said:
Im kinda lost into this. In the movie, didnt they met each other already? So why does it seem like it's their first meeting(Tatsuya and Lina)

Isnt the chronological order of this series supposed to be S1 - Movie - S2?
Movie takes place after the content s2 will cover.
My Queens

Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Raihousha-hen Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 31, 2020

83 by Kevin9029 »»
Apr 20, 9:52 AM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Raihousha-hen Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2020

88 by Kevin9029 »»
Apr 20, 9:52 AM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Raihousha-hen Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 17, 2020

82 by Kevin9029 »»
Apr 20, 9:51 AM

» Lina's Weaknesses

FiddlePie - May 20, 2022

16 by Mq84jdk »»
Mar 1, 10:22 PM

» Lina

Dabbingpotato - Feb 20

48 by TrickyHunter0506 »»
Feb 28, 10:20 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.