Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (14) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Sep 16, 2020 8:43 AM

Jan 2019
Metallica_Nero said:
Without spoilers, is this arc gonna continue in season 2 part 2 which airs at January, or is it gonna end this season?

Continue in the part 2
Ushiromiya Battler, right now, on this island, no one exists except for you. You're the only one alive in this island. However I'm here right now, and i'm about to kill you. Who... am I?
Sep 16, 2020 8:45 AM
Dec 2019
i liked this episode because they have how much of bitch emilia really is
subaru just lost his eye and all covored by blood and she is just smiling and acting like a fucking whore
and i dont give a shit if somebody said she lost her mind because of pressure
she is so annoying
but overall great episode
UlirecSep 16, 2020 8:48 AM

May 2020
Kuroimi said:
Natsude_tanaka said:

i kinda figured that as well because he said in this ep that u will become like me pretty much saying that he want subaru to lose ihis humanity i suppose but previous ep when subaru was still in the sanctuary the snow still came so how is that possible?

He was captured by Garfield for around three days, so maybe Roswall thought Subaru did leave the sanctuary

is roswaal's dearest wish is for subaru to be completely insane or something else?
Aug 2020
Best episode of re zero yet, roswaal did both garfiel and ram dirty bruh, and ig he got what he deserved at the end, Death by the usagi :), and i felt bad for beatrice, she just wanted her suffering to end and by suicide ig? But that damn woman elsa killed her off :(, but the ending of this episode has one sinister OST and the quality of the scene almost had like VHS quality made the OST give scary vibes, great episode
Sep 16, 2020 8:48 AM

Apr 2019
No doubt the best episode so far of this season. Chills all around.

Sep 16, 2020 8:50 AM

May 2019
mozgow said:
Rob7 said:
Probably it will demand a huge Deus Ex Machina from the plot.
I hope you will not consider this a spoiler :)

You're missing one piece in this chess game. It was even said in this episode what it is (I'm not stating who said it).

Ah in fact there is two different situations concerning highlighting past "foreshadowing" details, when one is spoiler, and the other is not.

Spoiler: call attetion to a detail you ONLY know that it is important because later in the series you learned that it is important. Sometimes the story even create a flashback remembering that moment.

It is the intention of the plot for you to DONT pay attention on that until it is the right moment. So if you reveal it earlier, you completely spoils the "AHHHH was that so" feeling.

This point above surerly is like this, because whatever it is, there were no "foreshadow" mark over it (thanks for not revealing)

-----

The other situation is when the plot immediately put a clear "foreshadow" mark in the scene or dialogue.

The handkerchief scenes was all like this. There is no problem to call attention of "too much distracted" viewers over it.

For a person who already spoiled the anime to himself reading the books, i understand that is very difficult to distinguish one from another, but please try! Just have to respect the intent of the plot. It is easy to read.

No one like to lose the clear foreshadow moments, but also don't wanna to be spoiled.

Rob7Sep 16, 2020 8:58 AM
Sep 16, 2020 8:51 AM

Jul 2014
Rob7 said:
PendragonX1 said:
That was a lot to unpack in one episode.

First, we got Beatrice saving Subaru like a G.

Then we get Emilia I believe at first I thought she was possessed by Satella I believe now she just went insane. Why that is IDK yet.

https://i.imgur.com/uZ5vkfr.jpg

The random teleportations in this season are starting to be odd.
It was more clear what happened in the LN

Rob7 said:
mozgow said:
I think I can post those screenshots from episode 18 now, since they will make sense now, I think.

If you wonder what happened to Subaru's letter, there is a hint in the previous episode.

One thing is not right.

It seems like Ros book is more "updated" than Beako's version.

If Beatrice's book tells nothing new in years, so that time she could not know anything about Subaru's curse. Unless Roswaal is telling her.

Can we assume that the maniac Ros is so confident to the Spirit in the Library? BUT he has a vow forcing he to dont reveal shit.

Seems like a Plot hole.
When I was watching this in the director's cut, I inferred that Beatrice knows that Roswaal is willing to sacrifice everything for his goal. The first two screenshots refer to that. The other two to her suffering that was revealed in this episode.
Sep 16, 2020 8:51 AM

Nov 2011
Well, I've read 1st half of his episode in NL and it was rushed. It was like 35min episode in 25 min.

Kuroimi said:
Natsude_tanaka said:

i kinda figured that as well because he said in this ep that u will become like me pretty much saying that he want subaru to lose ihis humanity i suppose but previous ep when subaru was still in the sanctuary the snow still came so how is that possible?

He was captured by Garfield for around three days, so maybe Roswall thought Subaru did leave the sanctuary

The two times it started to snow, Subaru got teleported by the crystal, maybe it has something to do with it.
Sep 16, 2020 8:55 AM
Jul 2019
Fuck, Elsa is goddamn annoying as always. I hate characters who smile in every situation despite being inappropriate. Re:Zero's acute angle smiles gives me PTSD now.

Everyone's finally coming out of their shell and showing their true self, well getting there at least. Beako finally got her wish. I knew she was best girl from the beginning. Still don't know what Roswal's thinking, except that he's aware that Subaru knows everything, like someone from the future going back to the past. His final hour was pretty epic.

Emilia has gone cuckoo in the head. Light novel readers, care to explain or will they explain it themselves later?

Ulirec said:
subaru just lost his eye and all covored by blood and she is just smiling and acting like a fucking whore
she is so annoying

You make it sound like this is her usual self. Disregard the weird change in personality and just assume that that's what she really is. How about you think for once?
Sep 16, 2020 8:56 AM

May 2019
Metallica_Nero said:
Without spoilers, is this arc gonna continue in season 2 part 2 which airs at January, or is it gonna end this season?

Continue.

It all is the 4th Arc of the Re:Zero, and if was not Coronavirus, this season would be aired in a regular 24/25 episode run.
Sep 16, 2020 8:56 AM
Apr 2016
swirlydragon said:
DAMN IT! Why can't Emilia get a happy ending for once? This episode literally broke me.
I couldn't see Emilia like this! She is the kindest and most caring person in this world and this is how she is treated?! T_T
She was even abandoned to the rabbits after this? NO!!!!!!!
But man I really wonder, does Subaru even love her? These past episodes seemed more like him abandoning Emilia
completely when she was at her lowest point. Her first trial must be too cruel. This is by far the saddest episode for me in the entire series
This makes me even sadder that Emilia suffered like this EVERY LOOP!

We know you already read the LN. Chill out
Sep 16, 2020 8:57 AM
Apr 2018
Damn, Dio! No matter the anime, he will still punch holes throught people... XD
How can he be injured/bed-ridden and yet be physically so strong?!?
Emotionally unstable Emilia was painful (and creepy) to watch.

Also, how can Subaru walked with so much bites and blood loses?
Sep 16, 2020 8:59 AM
May 2020
This episode was hella creepy ! I am going to have nightmares tonight.
Sep 16, 2020 8:59 AM

Jul 2014
Rob7 said:
For a person who already spoiled the anime to himself reading the books, i understand that is very difficult to distinguish one from another, but please try! Just have to respect the intent of the plot. It is easy to read.

No one like to lose the clear foreshadow moments, but also don't wanna to be spoiled.
You're right. I've edited my post and put the second part in the spoiler tag.
Sep 16, 2020 9:00 AM

Jan 2018
I dont know what to feel in this episode everything is falling apart and I feel bad for emilia she lost her mind
Sep 16, 2020 9:00 AM

Oct 2015
SomeGuyWithHair said:
Fuck, Elsa is goddamn annoying as always. I hate characters who smile in every situation despite being inappropriate. Re:Zero's acute angle smiles gives me PTSD now.

Everyone's finally coming out of their shell and showing their true self, well getting there at least. Beako finally got her wish. I knew she was best girl from the beginning. Still don't know what Roswal's thinking, except that he's aware that Subaru knows everything, like someone from the future going back to the past. His final hour was pretty epic.

Emilia has gone cuckoo in the head. Light novel readers, care to explain or will they explain it themselves later?

Ulirec said:
she is so annoying

You make it sound like this is her usual self. Disregard the weird change in personality and just assume that that's what she really is. How about you think for once?

he is only watch the show for rem . What did you expect. All episode about emilia mean nothing for him
Sep 16, 2020 9:01 AM

Sep 2014
I knew Roswaal was shady but sure wasn't expecting that backstab.

Yandere Emilia is love, that was surely the greatest lap pillow ever and finally got his first kiss!
What I don't understand though is how does Emilia go insane after such a short period, I don't think Subaru was gone to the mansion for long.

Good luck on next reset Subaru!
Sep 16, 2020 9:02 AM
Jun 2015
Think Subaru needs to lower the difficulty. Guess normals too much?
Sep 16, 2020 9:04 AM
Jul 2019
Forgot to mention this but Kobayashi Yuusuke's performance is a work of art. Gives me chills everytime. You can feel the dread and pathetic in Subaru's voice. It's so realistic. I do hope you take care of your vocal cords, I can hear it straining. You don't want to end up hospitalized like Nobuhiko.
SomeGuyWithHairSep 16, 2020 9:13 AM
Sep 16, 2020 9:04 AM

Jun 2016
Good lord, this episode is just far too crazy for me. We have Elsa murdering people then Roswaal doing unthinkable and insane things and then Emilia who I thought was possessed by Satella then people here basically telling me that is Emilia gone insane like WTF....
Garfiel is MVP tho here for me.
Gift by Mimurona

Sep 16, 2020 9:05 AM

Jul 2014
SomeGuyWithHair said:
In the LN, when Subaru is teleported to the Sanctuary, he meets one of Ryuzu copies first and then Garfiel. From him he learns that Emilia basically went insane because she thought Subaru abandoned her. And that she didn't leave the tomb since. The rest is the same as in anime.
Sep 16, 2020 9:06 AM
Sep 2018
Ffs, when is Subaru going to stop being such a bitch? He sounded so freaking resolute last episode about dying again and again, no matter what and instead he keeps crying and wasting fucking time.
He's so fucking annoying.
Sep 16, 2020 9:07 AM
Jul 2019
[quote=Ulirec message=60725252]i liked this episode because they have how much of bitch emilia really is
she is so annoying
You are so rude.Emilia is the best character of this anime.
Sep 16, 2020 9:08 AM
Apr 2016
Subaru so damn annoying man. He made Beatrice died. Well at least that's what she wanted.
Sep 16, 2020 9:08 AM
Nov 2014
gustavolrcoelho said:
Ffs, when is Subaru going to stop being such a bitch? He sounded so freaking resolute last episode about dying again and again, no matter what and instead he keeps crying and wasting fucking time.

Stop watching Re:Zero, you are too immature for it.
Sep 16, 2020 9:09 AM
Oct 2019
BRUTAL EPISODE!
Subaru should be able to make some significant progress with all the information he was been able to gather and through all he was experienced!
Can't wait for the last couple of episode!
I have a feeling that Subaru won't be able to save EVERYONE he wants to!

Roswaal is so ruthless but that is what happen when you have one goal/desire and you are willing to do anything to achieve it. Roswaal wants Subaru to become like him. I wonder the path Subaru will choose.
chid_emordi1Sep 16, 2020 9:22 AM
Sep 16, 2020 9:10 AM
Jul 2019
gustavolrcoelho said:

This isn't some battle shounen where you beat the enemy after one speech. This is a powerless man in a world full of powerful and dangerous creatures. You think you can make the situation better than he can?
Sep 16, 2020 9:11 AM
Feb 2020
SomeGuyWithHair said:

Ulirec said:
she is so annoying

nothing to explain, she just went insane from doing the trials, Puck dissapearing and Subaru taking off without warning since nobody received the letter.
Sep 16, 2020 9:12 AM

May 2020
Hopefully, Subaru will find a way to get out of this situation.
Sep 16, 2020 9:16 AM

Apr 2020
Man this show depicts sorrow, hardship and cruelty. Yet this season never stops to amaze me with every single episode.
This anime truly is a work of art. I respect the author for this masterpiece. Super excited to see how Subaru is going to solve all these problems.
Must love Moe!
Darkness prevails!!
Slice of Life is all we need!
Sep 16, 2020 9:18 AM
Apr 2016
Emilia is such a bitch whore. She got abandoned for a day and she went nuts. I would have understand if it was satella. It's her true annoying ass self. Subaru also a dumb cunt. He made Beatrice died simply he doesn't want a loli to die. Ugh so annoying man.
Jul 2020
Ulirec said:
she is so annoying

So this is the message you got from this episode huhhh ??
say you hate emilia and go off
Why did rem fans like you hate her ? grow up really

Nov 2013
Crazy Emilia is the best Emilia.

My wild imagination want that kiss at the end completely heal Subaru, so we continue the story with everyone dies and Emilia lost her sanity. Thta will be so fucked up. But then again this is Re Zero where plot armor are so prominent.

We'll start over again next week, with everything is in Subaru's hand.
I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die.

Jan 2017
Yooooo wtf! I was literally wearing a surprised pikachu face the whole damn episode. Holy fcking hell man!
Aight first of all, that was obviously not emilia. Second, fcking hell roswall, that was brutal af. Lastly, what the actual fck did just happen ad%2^%&Tfg$T78&#
Sep 16, 2020 9:19 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Okay, hold up! What a cliffhanger that was! God, that was possibly one of the best horror moments I've seen from medium. Music, filter and the incredible VA from Goddess Takahashi-san, I've only but praises.

Beatrice's wish finally comes to light and fruition in the same episode, who the heck is Elsa? I honestly can't imagine how devastating it must've been for Subaru to go through all that. And that casual poke to the eye, definitely didn't see that coming.

And finally, Roswaal's true colors are out! Boy, that was quite something. All that just for the beating and the talk, that's not normal alright. Seriously though, why the beating? Sacrificing himself in the end for the greater good according to him, I wonder what his ultimate wish is.

One of the comments above mention how Roswaal might be the one who hired Elsa and the chibi-suke, and after this episode that wouldn't surprise me one bit. Does make sense though.

Whatever the case, just two more episodes to go now! Can't wait! It's honestly been a pretty shaky season but this is certainly heading to an interesting conclusion. Will all the hints thrown at us unravel itself and fix the puzzle, we'll have to see (probably in Mar. however lol).
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Sep 16, 2020 9:20 AM

May 2019
I must not be the only one who is starting to see Subaru as a game main char, right?

- "Uh oh, all failed, Meili killed everybody in the village. Ok Subaru, lets try it again, stop Beako, and use your knife, where is your knife?"

Thankfully he did'nt, otherwise he would not learn how to get beaten the crap out by Ros maniac.

Sep 16, 2020 9:20 AM
Jul 2019
North25 said:
SomeGuyWithHair said:

nothing to explain, she just went insane from doing the trials, Puck dissapearing and Subaru taking off without warning since nobody received the letter.

So it was something pretty normal (though normal isn't enough to explain her insanity). I thought about that at the beginning but was like, "There's no way it could be something as simple as that?" because it's Re:Zero, anything can happen. I thought it was a side-effect from the trial, some weird magic or worst case scenario, being replaced by Satella since they look and sound similar. And that glint in her eyes look unnatural as well.
Sep 16, 2020 9:21 AM

Jun 2019
The best episode of Re:Zero, and assuming that Episodes 15 and 18 are one of the greatest in anime history, Episode 36 is there as well.
Sep 16, 2020 9:22 AM
Apr 2020
Totally blew my minds with today's episode. Man I sure wasn't expecting today's episode like shits just went crazy.
Usually you expect good things as season ends. But RE zero being re zero here.
OK now what ?
PoseiD0NKageSep 16, 2020 9:29 AM
Sep 16, 2020 9:24 AM
Apr 2017
I
Rob7 said:
PendragonX1 said:
That was a lot to unpack in one episode.

First, we got Beatrice saving Subaru like a G.

Then we get Emilia I believe at first I thought she was possessed by Satella I believe now she just went insane. Why that is IDK yet.

https://i.imgur.com/uZ5vkfr.jpg

The random teleportations in this season are starting to be odd.

With this episode, it's implied ALL the teleportation were made by Beatrice, indirectly helping Subaru.

First she sent Subaru to meet Echidna after telling him that he would get all the answers in the sanctuary ( which Echidna can only have )

Second she saved Subaru in the last minute from Garfiel.

Third she teleported him again to save him from Elsa.

All those three happened using the crystal to teleport him.

Feb 2016
Well that was terrifying. Despite my mixed feelings with First Season, this one has improved on many things, yet, I still see people that barely understand what's going on spreading hate on things they don't understand. Oh yeah, I'm on MAL, that explains things.

Oh well, can't ask too much.

Man, I feel like there's going to be a huge cliffhanger, but oh well, if I'm getting quality this season, I'm up to wait for January to receive more quality content, that is, if part 2 doesn't ruin what this second season have achieved.

Debasky said:
yooo why subaru does not tell the magic words that Roswall said to Beatrice. Gotta be honest, it's soo annoying.

It's easy to bring the blame on someone for hesitating, but have you ever tried being on his shoes? So many shit happening and then he learns that Beatrice wants to be set free from her imprisoned life, which basically asks him to kill her. How do you think someone like Subaru would react? "Oh yeah, you want to die, pretty neat. That aside, Roswall told me to tell you I'm that person"

Things doesn't work like that.
CrimsonWandererSep 16, 2020 9:37 AM
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall

Jul 2014
SagarDonKage said:
Usually you expect good things as season ends. But RE zero being re zero here..
But the thing is this is not the end of the season. It's only the end of the first cour.
Sep 16, 2020 9:26 AM
Mar 2012
Can someone spoil me what happened to the letter?
Sep 16, 2020 9:26 AM

Apr 2015
yooo why subaru does not tell the magic words that Roswall said to Beatrice. Gotta be honest, it's soo annoying.

it's a good ep tho.
4th times getting signature banned wtf
Sep 16, 2020 9:30 AM

Oct 2016
AddiTeacha2 said:
Emilia is such a bitch whore. She got abandoned for a day and she went nuts. I would have understand if it was satella. It's her true annoying ass self. Subaru also a dumb cunt. He made Beatrice died simply he doesn't want a loli to die. Ugh so annoying man.
If you were on emilia shoe. What would you do? Emilia story is so tragic.
Sep 16, 2020 9:33 AM

Oct 2016
Damon_ said:
Can someone spoil me what happened to the letter?
I think roswaal disposed it. Not sure. All according to Kekaku.
Sep 16, 2020 9:33 AM
Apr 2020
mozgow said:
SagarDonKage said:
Usually you expect good things as season ends. But RE zero being re zero here..
But the thing is this is not the end of the season. It's only the end of the first cour.

Yeah sure if this was the end of season then I would just go fcking hang myself before corona takes me away but hope I survive this shits.
Sep 16, 2020 9:38 AM

Mar 2019
Soooo dont get me wrong this season is entertaining but at the end of the day we haven't really gotten anywhere and its pretty frustrating.
Sep 16, 2020 9:39 AM
Jul 2019
AddiTeacha2 said:
Actually you are so stupid.
Sep 16, 2020 9:39 AM

May 2018
Was that Emilia possessed by Satella or she just lost her mind? As suspected,Roswaal know about Subaru's return to death. So many questions.
Pages (14) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

DeadlyRaven - Jul 29, 2020

673 by RealMario7 »»
Yesterday, 1:32 AM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

DeadlyRaven - Sep 30, 2020

506 by HiroTail1 »»
May 19, 7:10 PM

» Emilia chest size increase

MuscularBlackMan - Jul 23, 2020

13 by RaptorDan »»
May 9, 6:47 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

DeadlyRaven - Aug 26, 2020

604 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 25, 6:02 AM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kaiseki - Sep 23, 2020

453 by titty »»
Apr 11, 9:11 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.