Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 5, 2020 8:28 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Alice girl is safe, but the two main characters are staying.

Ishida-san's character back to real world as his first character?! Instead of back to his body, he saw his "Alicia"... w. the same as Alice girl, it seems like she's the reason he wanted her? He got pulled under.

It seems like not just he is dead, but also the one who followed him to underworld did. It seems like there's an onee character in enemy group. They activated bomb and escaped, except one.

The robot is that creator of the first game? He volunteered to stop the explosion but stopped from the gunshot. Reactivated w. his girlfriend's yell and successfully stopped it. But gone...

Trying to get both of them logout.

More on the two main character who stayed in. Then flew away.

Next ep. title is Alice?
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Sep 5, 2020 8:29 AM

Nov 2011
Ouch, Kirito is still stuck in the Underworld although it's assuring that Alice managed to log out.

It looks like Higa and the others tried to deal with the Soul Translator problem themselves in the real world. Stakes are high this episode especially with the fighting going on the outside world imo. The Kirito and Asuna scenes were kinda sweet.
Sep 5, 2020 8:29 AM

Feb 2018
The robot is Kayaba Akihiko,. I really don't understand.

SyureriaSep 5, 2020 8:38 AM
Sep 5, 2020 8:32 AM
Jun 2020
damn this episode makes me so mad so blond glasses dude critter said both gabriel and vassago are dead (but he only checked the pulse on gabriel) gabriel death dont looks like some kind of alien like in the light novel and vassago sure did age a lot but when they esscaped with the submarine one of the soldiers said there was only 1 dead person so vassago must have escaped to somehow i wonder if he will make a comeback i hope so if not i take revenge on kirito and asuna for him
Sep 5, 2020 9:06 AM
Jun 2017
Lol. This ep's fun as hell. Alicia part's like from a horror anime.
tuyetthan8xSep 5, 2020 9:27 AM
Sep 5, 2020 10:02 AM

Feb 2019
Too much Kirisuna. Not enough Alice. 0/10 ep.

Nah, but really a good episode and thought A-1 did a good job of bringing the emotion to Kayaba’s “sacrifice”. I remember being hype as hell when I read that.

Two episodes to go with the next being titled Alice, finally my queen will get her shine. Just hope the box scene is done right.
Sep 5, 2020 10:05 AM

Oct 2017
Akihiko Kayaba truly the legend. Even thou he's dead since long, even after all this time still helping his loved ones when in time of need.

The situation outside VR is really intense and thrilling, feels like anything can happen.

Damn Asuna and Kirito gotta stay in VR for 200 years, hope they have fun.
MegamiRemSep 6, 2020 9:41 AM
Sep 5, 2020 10:06 AM

Dec 2014
It's a shame that I really can't care for the whole real world plot of this arc. It just feels like they try too hard to make sense of the situation by throwing around buzz words to make it seem some sort of deep but realistic science fiction when it's really not. The first half of Alicization was far more interesting to me.

Kayaba Akihiko outta nowhere, it was a cool turn of events to have him show up as an android of sorts. I couldn't help but laugh in the overly dramatic scenes of the android taking damage and what I assume is oil splattering around like blood. It was very amusing and I definitely did not expect that kind of portrayal. One hand they try hard to make the fiction seems realistic and on the other you have Akihiko summoning the power of his android will to rip out the explosive. I'm up for both, but I feel like Alicization really needs to decide which side the line it wants to fall on which is pretty much my problem with the real world side of this plot.

Anyway, all in all it was an okay episode. The highlight of the episode to me was Asuna and Kirito's moment at the end and I kinda wish there was some sort of montage showing how they lived through 200 years. That would've been way more compelling to me.
Sep 5, 2020 10:09 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Though Gabriel was banished from underworld the turtle is still under siege. Nice to see Kikuoka take to the field for once. That sure was a nice shot that he took that managed to take out Briggs. Its nice that they retained the scene of Alicia taking him to the netherworld. To be killed by the spirit of the friend that he butchered sure was fitting. Vassago and Gabriel's expressions of sheer terror sure was amusing to see considering what they did. Kayaba's appearance was a surprise. His exchange with Rinko sure was a emotional moment especially Rinko's plea for Kayaba to hang in there. Overall a solid ep that did well in showing what transpired at the turtle as Kikuoka's team fought to retake it from the yanks. Though they were up against mercs the team with the timely support of Kayaba managed to acquit themselves quite well. Gabriel's death though was so fitting. The last exchange between Kirito and Asuna sure was sweet with the perfect OST. 200 years to change a world huh certainly doable for Kirisuna.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 5, 2020 10:13 AM

Mar 2015
Akihiko getting back up after the energy thing with the power of shouting was pretty funny.

So in the end Kirito and Asuna will have to spend 200 years there, I wonder what will happen when they have to wake up and remember everything else.
Sep 5, 2020 10:15 AM
May 2015
I wonder what happened to Vassago's body.
NF138Sep 5, 2020 10:29 AM
Sep 5, 2020 10:18 AM

Aug 2013
So Gabriel and Vassago are dead. A bit terrifying seeing the faces of dead Gabriel and Vassago.

Kayaba Akihiko inside the android was a surprise.

Kirito and Asuna moment was sweet. Now time to spend 200 years in the Underworld.

Sep 5, 2020 10:21 AM

Aug 2013
Finally, the only legitimate ship born from this series gets its chance to flourish in peace without any annoying ass interruptions of the other 2-dimensional love interests. Seriously, that was always one thing that annoyed me with SAO. I mean sure you can have Kirito be a harem protag but out of all the chicks that was shipped with the guy, aside from Asuna being the clear path here, the only good alternative options were Sinon and Alice. We don't discuss or acknowledge Leafa and everyone else is just horrifically secondary. But I digress.

Seeing Akihiko come back and seize control of the robot was something that was a surprise, even when reading the LN. I do believe that the guy has some weird form of immortality through the internet or something, but why he chose that particular moment to appear was not explained iirc. Gonna be nice seeing how they wrap this up.
Don't believe the hype.
Sep 5, 2020 10:26 AM

Jun 2020
The Akihiko shit seemed like such a dumb asspull to me lol, ofc he used sheer willpower to power his fricking robot back on. Boring episode really, nothing big happened.

Also Asuna forgot to mention Sinon in the list of people she names at the end. (waifu competition issues presumably)
This anime shit is addictive
Sep 5, 2020 10:29 AM

Dec 2014
damn how many years have passed now..... hmmm

so like what happened in there...can't wait for the next episode
Sep 5, 2020 10:34 AM

Apr 2013
So supposedly in Underworld now, the Moon Cradle take place right if I'm not mistaken?
Sep 5, 2020 10:37 AM
Feb 2018
spectrojan said:
The Akihiko shit seemed like such a dumb asspull to me lol, ofc he used sheer willpower to power his fricking robot back on. Boring episode really, nothing big happened.

Also Asuna forgot to mention Sinon in the list of people she names at the end. (waifu competition issues presumably)

Yeah, Suguha, too. Poor Kirito :D
Sep 5, 2020 10:37 AM
Jun 2020
NF138 said:
I wonder what happened to Vassago's body.

i think he escaped somehow i mean the author said is ultimate fate is unkown and when they took gabriel and briggs dead body 1 critter asked why there not 3 and 1 soldier sáid there was only gabriel in the stl
Sep 5, 2020 10:40 AM

Aug 2012
Iron Man Kayaba saved the day, huh.
Sep 5, 2020 10:53 AM

Dec 2019
MrAwesome2018 said:
Iron Man Kayaba saved the day, huh.

A lightsaber wasn't enough so they brought Iron Man. What's next, a fucking Batsuit?
Sep 5, 2020 10:55 AM

Aug 2012
narekokr said:
A lightsaber wasn't enough so they brought Iron Man. What's next, a fucking Batsuit?

That would be badass tho.
Sep 5, 2020 10:59 AM

Jun 2015
Well I was not expecting that. Last time I seen Heathcliff he was passing on the seed at the end of the 1st season to Kirito and telling him to surpass the system. I guess it shouldnt of been a suprise he was still around but to pop up now, and also surpass his own limits was a bit of a roller coaster of emotions. Love it.

One thing I'm not entirely sure about is main bad guy coming back to real world, but being absorbed while looking at his own dead body into I guess some digital world. Not that I care I dont understand it, as the more I see the more the virtual and reality collide.

Kayaba Akihiko, may your dream be realised, but lets hope it is progressed by those you entrusted the seed to!!!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Sep 5, 2020 11:04 AM

Apr 2016
Another great episode. The post credit scene was so beautiful <3 (damn i cried again)
10/10 for this ep

Sep 5, 2020 11:05 AM

Apr 2015
Iron man has saved the day once again! Definitely didn't expect Akihiko to show up again in the Nieman..

Even after the enemy are suppose to be dead, only 2 bodies are on the submarine... Vassago no where to be found, I wonder what's up with that. Also to this Nieman disappearing..

Asuna naming like everyone like she's still living in Aincrad... Please, give Sinon and Suguha some more credit!!
Sep 5, 2020 11:07 AM

Oct 2018
god it has to be the worst episode so far for this season.
this episode is so unnecessary to be adapted into anime.

I swear SAO turning into shoujo genre when Kirito started to wake up.
Sep 5, 2020 11:08 AM
Apr 2018
So, I stopped reading the LN a long time ago when it was translated up to the "Kirito knows how to fly using elements after being AFK for a very long time" moment

And, no idea why, I decided to wait till anime comes out, and, uh...
It was alright when impossible was justified by incarnation, but excuse me, incarnation doesn't work like that in real world!
And we got a robot powered by "HEATHCLIFF BEST GUILDMASTER" shouts.

That was beyond cringe for me, worst ep so far
Sep 5, 2020 11:10 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
I'm sorry but I was hoping things would get better now that the War of done and dusted but this episode was yet another miss for me for the most bit.

Kayaba-san's return was absolutely mind-boggling (I don't remember any hints indicating this since the start of the Aliciazation arc) and then the cheap and overly dramatic sequences to follow, as @Lelouch0202 highlighted, just made it all the more comical and ridiculous really.

Wise decision for the attackers to back off after seeing the state of Gabriel and Vassago but I don't understand why Vassago was killed. Well, the final moments before the ED suggested something though so I'll be holding on to this point for the time being.

Gabriel dragged into Hell by his beloved Alicia and the hands of his victims was quite the satisfying treat, though. He may have been a poor antagonist in all fairness but it's just priceless to see villains get a taste of their own medicine at times, I suppose.

After-credit scene was probably the highlight of this episode for me, lol. Should've started off the episode with this since 10 mins runtime in the real world signifies 10 years in the Underworld so going by the episode, it's kind of like cried for ten years and Asuna took her sweet time to break that xD. Just a funny thought from my side, I'm not serious about this just to clarify.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Sep 5, 2020 11:15 AM
Jun 2017
Compared to Alicization this season is a disappointment.

Thought that finally the author had learn how to write a story that makes sense, without making constant bullshit power of love and friendship ass pulls but no. The robot scene takes the cake for most bullshit thing ever in this season, with Asuna's fight against the laughing coffin dude being 2nd.
Sep 5, 2020 11:18 AM
Jun 2017
_MushiRock11_ said:
I'm sorry but I was hoping things would get better now that the War of done and dusted but this episode was yet another miss for me for the most bit.

Kayaba-san's return was absolutely mind-boggling (I don't remember any hints indicating this since the start of the Aliciazation arc) and then the cheap and overly dramatic sequences to follow, as @Lelouch0202 highlighted, just made it all the more comical and ridiculous really.

Wise decision for the attackers to back off after seeing the state of Gabriel and Vassago but I don't understand why Vassago was killed. Well, the final moments before the ED suggested something though so I'll be holding on to this point for the time being.

Gabriel dragged into Hell by his beloved Alicia and the hands of his victims was quite the satisfying treat, though. He may have been a poor antagonist in all fairness but it's just priceless to see villains get a taste of their own medicine at times, I suppose.

After-credit scene was probably the highlight of this episode for me, lol. Should've started off the episode with this since 10 mins runtime in the real world signifies 10 years in the Underworld so going by the episode, it's kind of like cried for ten years and Asuna took her sweet time to break that xD. Just a funny thought from my side, I'm not serious about this just to clarify.

Vassago was killed because Kirito did the thing Josuke did to Angelo in Jojo part 4, but he was turned into a tree instead of a rock. So he got stuck in the Underworld.
Sep 5, 2020 11:24 AM
Apr 2018
Excellent! Keep it up.

Prosper the virtual world with "200" of love, ASUNA & KIRITO. 200 kids in 20min. :)

Finally it looks like ASUNA & KIRITO are gonna spend some time with each other. Want to see the next episode totally dedicated to that, "if they are really gonna spend 200 years".
Sep 5, 2020 11:25 AM

Oct 2019
Very good episode!
There are only two episodes left, it's sad. I swear that it's more than 5 years that I didn't enjoy a series as much as Sword Art Online: Alicization. With this arc this series seriously casted a spell on me, I'm glad I watched it. I will look forward to next series!
Sep 5, 2020 11:26 AM

Apr 2020
So much happened this episode. I'm hoping we get a glimpse of what happens to Kirito and Asuna during the 200 years they're in the Underworld. Kayaba spent the past how many years in hiding in a robot at Rath? It seemed too convenient for me. I wonder where Vassago's body went. Same with Niemon. The "death" scene for Gabriel was crazy.
Sep 5, 2020 11:33 AM

Jan 2017
Okay, I have a few questions:
1. How did Gabriel Miller die?
2. Why is Akihiko still alive?
3. Why are Asuna and Kirigaya still alive?
Sep 5, 2020 11:34 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Boring, pretty nonsensical episode. The last season was ways better than this one.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Sep 5, 2020 11:38 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
poronite said:
Vassago was killed because Kirito did the thing Josuke did to Angelo in Jojo part 4, but he was turned into a tree instead of a rock. So he got stuck in the Underworld.

Stuck in the UW, I understand. But how does that equal to death in real life?

Wasn't Gabriel killed because of the combination of pain and shock? If so, this shouldn't technically apply to Vassago.

Sep 5, 2020 11:39 AM

Jan 2009
wut so maybe Prince of Hell or Vassago is still alive?

and lol seeing Akihiko there again so does that mean he is truly dead now or he can constantly mind upload to other robots and computers from now on
Sep 5, 2020 11:43 AM
Jun 2017
_MushiRock11_ said:
poronite said:

Stuck in the UW, I understand. But how does that equal to death in real life?

Wasn't Gabriel killed because of the combination of pain and shock? If so, this shouldn't technically apply to Vassago.
I think Vassago was also in pain and shock while Kirito turned him into a tree.
Sep 5, 2020 11:47 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
poronite said:
I think Vassago was also in pain and shock while Kirito turned him into a tree.

Enough to roast him in real life? Sounds a little far-fetched to me, to be brutally honest.

Sep 5, 2020 11:55 AM

Oct 2018
Omniculus said:

For logical response:
1. The same way that SAO survivor dead = brainshock. Cause too many of his fluctlights (souls) excess the amount of response and speed from the effect of other fluclights fighting him. Basically the souls of the dead (Alicia) haunted him for life.
2. Akihiko lingering memories & fluclights are still around in the virtual worlds
3. Asuna and Kirito have both the highest authority so their ability is extraordinary.

For irony response:
1. Power of the Dead (Alice, his childhood friend haunted him)
2. Power of Friendship & Love
3.Power of Love
Sep 5, 2020 12:23 PM

Dec 2019
Can't they just stop with this bullshit of bringing back old characters because the author doesn't know how to write a story?

The episode was pretty boring , it's been pretty hard to get invested in this season and they are just making it worse by focusing on side characters trying to make the plot make any sense.
Sep 5, 2020 12:28 PM

Aug 2016
And here I thought that episode 7 and 8 were awful, but this is one here is on a whole other level. The "Real World" story of the Alicization arc was never good, not even mediocre because everything seems forced and nonsensical. With this episode, even die hard SAO fans should admit that the second season of the War of Underworld sub-arc is trash (only talking about the anime adaption tho).
Ego = 1 / Knowledge | "More the Knowledge Lesser the Ego, Lesser the Knowledge More the Ego." Albert Einstein
My ratings:
Sep 5, 2020 12:31 PM

Feb 2008
Cleostar said:
Omniculus said:

For logical response:
1. The same way that SAO survivor dead = brainshock. Cause too many of his fluctlights (souls) excess the amount of response and speed from the effect of other fluclights fighting him. Basically the souls of the dead (Alicia) haunted him for life.
2. Akihiko lingering memories & fluclights are still around in the virtual worlds
3. Asuna and Kirito have both the highest authority so their ability is extraordinary.

For irony response:
3.Power of Love

Haha thumbsup for those responses :D

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Sep 5, 2020 12:36 PM

Apr 2016
It was a very emotional episode for me, especially the post-ending scene, it was beautiful. I liked how they adapted Gabriel scene and the part with Kayaba was good to watch, I'm always glad when he shows up. It's the first of closure episodes, we're almost at the very ending of this long arc.
Sep 5, 2020 1:03 PM

Mar 2019
Shit went from brrrrrrrr VRMMORPG to fucking Nuclear Meltdown ... SAO doesn't know how to chill bruh!
Sep 5, 2020 1:16 PM

May 2018
So Gabriel and Vassago are dead even though they're just in a virtual world, I hate to say it but from here it now turns to pathetic for them mrecs......Why do I have the feeling that Ironman lookalike thing may have sneak in them Mrec's sub???

TBH everything else from here were just damn lame, like how the fuck did that Kiku got wounded when he's wearing a bullet proof vest, and why did them mercs made it too easy for them ocean turtle personnel to easily spot the explosive and why did that Robot Ironman like thing was able to still move when all of it's circuits were totally destroyed after receiving a lot of gunshots from one of them mercs and why is it that them mercs were such a lousy shot ???? I don't about you guys, but if I were them mercs, I would've shot at all those security cameras , plant a lotta explosives or just have an explosive that can be remote denoted, not only that but I would've booby trap the entire floor where the power plant was located....Also, if I were that merc hacker, I would've planted a virus into that STL flaclight thing to either make Kirito and Asuna's life there a living hell or just kill them there.
JiangHaoyi1979Sep 5, 2020 1:20 PM
Sep 5, 2020 1:16 PM

May 2019
HAHAHA, after Yunna, Eugeo e Yuuki, OF COURSE Kayaba ghost could not be out of the Cringe Fest.

Kayaba Ghost Robocop.

SAO is a masterpiece of random asspulled stuff.

Btw, i actually liked this episode for the Villains being KILLED, for real, killed and going to hell.

Except Vassago-PoH, Vassago now will be a legit zombie? Walking dead? And why did he take the Robocop body?

Nothing in SAO can surprises me anymore.

KIRITO X ASUNA, 200 years worth of semen, what noise will it make?
Sep 5, 2020 1:29 PM

May 2019
Cleostar said:
Omniculus said:

For logical response:

For irony response:
3.Power of Love

Actually the ironic response have more sense.

SAO's pseudo-techno-fantasy mumbo-jumbo sounds too forced. It is like when you see something ridiculous in a series, but you are OKAY to take it lightly, then the series tells you "no, it is serious, please, respect it as serious business".

Guys, please take what i am saying lightly, deal? =)
Sep 5, 2020 1:40 PM

Jul 2015
They are not even trying anymore.
The asspulls are getting ridiculous.
And was there any greater meaning behind Asuna's decision to stay behind for 200 years or she just really wanted to spent some precious time together with Swordsman Jesus?

Cleostar said:

There must be some logical explanation why they have so much power. I understand that Asuna logged in high level character, but Kirito went from Zero to God in like one episode.
If an answer is once again "Incarnation" and "shit is happening because I want to", then I'm dropping.

I don't want to hate on this series, but SAO is clearly pretending to be something it's not and the cringe is spilling through my screen.
Please, explain.

Sep 5, 2020 1:44 PM

Jul 2017
bruh what's with this season and just having dead people do all the work lmao?? I get the adaptation isn't entirely 1:1 (even the last season I noticed it) but the core content is still the same regardless

and you'd think for a bunch of super duper villains, they'd at least put the super deadly explosive device in somewhere that wasn't so obvious lol
Sep 5, 2020 1:47 PM

May 2010
Looks like this season is turning into a game of thrones. Good start (Alicization) and bad end (War of Underworld). Totally disappointed.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Best SAO girl?

Kazu-chan-san - Mar 20, 2023

15 by ItsAziz »»
Apr 7, 4:06 AM

» Question about Alice

quietkun27 - Mar 24

15 by Superninjaboy2 »»
Mar 25, 1:04 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 19, 2020

320 by Anayan_Kashyap »»
Jan 15, 7:46 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kaiseki - Aug 8, 2020

209 by razisgosu »»
Jan 13, 9:22 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Aug 29, 2020

261 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Dec 18, 2023 11:21 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.