Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Sep 26, 2020 5:48 AM
Dec 2014
ssjokg said:
>Shirou V Berserker was... anti climactic af, dude literally just said "9 lives bladeworks" or something and did 2 slashes iirc and poof. Felt weird hearing

I saw the camrip and you clearly see 9 slashes.

If killing Heracles with 8 simultaneous slashes+1 in a couple of seconds isnt epic I dont know what is. It doesnt have to be a huge fight for it to be epic.

agreed, it was horrible.

someone in another forum said that it was epic... i was wondering if i was watching the same movie
Sep 26, 2020 8:10 AM

Aug 2009
ilold said:
ssjokg said:
>Shirou V Berserker was... anti climactic af, dude literally just said "9 lives bladeworks" or something and did 2 slashes iirc and poof. Felt weird hearing

I saw the camrip and you clearly see 9 slashes.

If killing Heracles with 8 simultaneous slashes+1 in a couple of seconds isnt epic I dont know what is. It doesnt have to be a huge fight for it to be epic.

agreed, it was horrible.

someone in another forum said that it was epic... i was wondering if i was watching the same movie

Quick doesnt mean horrible.
Sep 26, 2020 3:23 PM
Mar 2018
So I haven't watched the movie yet but for those who have, does the film make any references to Angra Mainya or explain anything about him?
Sep 26, 2020 7:59 PM

Aug 2009
Neil1998 said:
So I haven't watched the movie yet but for those who have, does the film make any references to Angra Mainya or explain anything about him?

Of course it does.
Sep 27, 2020 12:14 AM
Mar 2017
I respect everyone else's takes on the movie, but as someone who has played the original VN back in 2004, I thought it was hella good.

AnimeSibsSep 27, 2020 12:18 AM
Sep 29, 2020 4:08 PM

Dec 2014
ilold said:
was quite disappointed. not sure if it's just me (i didn't read the LN) but wasn't easy for me to grasp the story, however i still understood the general story

all the fights other than Saber vs Rider were lackluster.

Have no idea why people even thought Kirei vs Shirou was good, Kirei vs Kiritsugu was so much better

Do you speak Japanese, child? Or if not, did you watch it with the appropriate subtitles?
I am the Priest of my church
Yuetsu is my body, and wine is my blood
I have trolled over a thousand users
Unknown to sympathy, nor known to apathy
Withstood Shirou to eat Mapo Tofu
Yet, my question will never be answered
So as I rejoice, Unlimited Kirei Works!
Oct 2, 2020 7:13 AM

Jun 2011
tmprl said:
ilold said:
was quite disappointed. not sure if it's just me (i didn't read the LN) but wasn't easy for me to grasp the story, however i still understood the general story

all the fights other than Saber vs Rider were lackluster.

Have no idea why people even thought Kirei vs Shirou was good, Kirei vs Kiritsugu was so much better

It's from a VN, and I'm guess people are just filling in context and experience they had when reading the VN, the fights were phenomenal in that. Of course you wouldn't understand if you haven't read it.

People keep forgetting that people tend to forget stuff as they age. I read VN ages ago and don't remember much.
Oct 11, 2020 9:14 AM
Nov 2018
I think It can be better
It definitely a great movie But Because of my enormous amount of conjecture and expectation
I trusted UFO so much that I scored 10 since I had not started yet
But Obviously What was I thinking, Surely Something just doesn't enough
I like Heaven's feel part 2 so much From that Ending I expected this to be even worse than that
I want to see more of Sakura's mind dialogue scene, like the worm train or bathroom mirror. From that hook that Part 2 Build, I truly think would be more of traumatic things. I want to see the results of her madness, her suffering, and her confusion. I hoped It is going to be darker even more than Fate Zero.
I think It is very fascinating to represent how can someone mind taking the worst situation you can imagine. Of course, I am not a suffering guy, Actually
I am far from that but because in the previous movie, the story tone had been setting is very dark and creepy that I got shocked, awkward, and felt uncomfortable for weeks. Sakura's pain did pass toward me so hard. I was clearly dragged into it at a level that I never thought. And for me
That is the masterpiece. How to create a story, How to create the atmosphere, How to create a tone and pacing. It is just genuinely genius.
It is really effort work. And I truly appropriate that.
In the end, I have nothing but feel sorrow and sorry for her.
Because of that Heaven's feel 2 ending. I expected everything to be darker, more disgusting, more violent, more distressing, more characters, deeper.
I want Heaven's feel 3 to be the darkest story in fate from what it was perfectly build up.
BUT APPARENTLY, this is what I got
A Great Movie that mainly focused on concluding the whole fate series As It was said "Epilogue" Yes of course It is.
Plus a bit of rush pacing and continuation made it hard to follow and understand. Rushing problems literally ruin the tone of the show. Besides Rushing,
The plot armor situations also bothering me a lot. I mean really a lot. Not enough yet The worst thing belongs to The tiny plotholes That repeatedly declining
the show's perfection such as Why Zouken is still alive? In the very end Zouken still alive Somehow. After Sakura obviously killed him so clearly in front of our eyes. Yes, It isn't that matters I totally sure It can be described with some explanations But Plothole is Plothole.
It is literally the thing It shouldn't exist from the beginning.
I really talked a lot about why I don't like the Movie But At the end
Like tons of comments in this forum said, I have no intention to quote it. It is good as it said.
It is still a great movie for me. I really like it. I'm not lying BUT
I just wanted to watch the conclusion of fate's heaven's feel route, Not the conclusion of the fate series. (I know It did follow the VN story But I just don't really satisfied with it)
So deeply in my mind. My wish and hope are still really didn't be granted.
A perfect Masterpiece ending? 10/10? Nah I am sorry but It is not. I think It could be better than this.
Finally, the fact that this is the last movie, already made me feels nostalgic.
I feel so old lol, Again My beloved treasure has ended. I will definitely miss it for a long time. The Story of Fuyuki Holy grail war. Shirou and his dearests.
So this is the thinks called "the end" It is hard to believe But no one can change that.
It is cruel, scary, empty but also genuinely beautiful at the same time.
Fate Stay night Thank you for everything you have done. It was a very fun ride that I will definitely keep as my treasure.
Goodbye
John_Smith_MALApr 16, 2021 3:10 AM
Oct 17, 2020 8:12 AM
Jan 2017
John_Smith_MAL said:
I think It can be better
It definitely the great movie But Because of my enormous amount of conjection and expectation
I trusted UFO so much that I scored 10 since I had not started yet
But Obviously What was I thinking , Surely Something just doesn't enough
I like Heaven 's feel part 2 so much From that Ending I expected this to be even worse than that
I want to see more of sakura mind dialouge scene, like worm train or bathroom mirror. From that hook that Part 2 Builded, I truly think would be more of traumatic things. I want to see the results of her madness, her suffering and her confusion. I hoped It is going to be darker even more than Fate Zero.
I think It is very fascinating to represent how can someone mind taking the worst situation you can imagine. Ofcourse I am not a suffering guy, Actually
I am far from that but because in the previous movie, the story tone had been setting is very dark and creepy that I got shocked, awkward and felt uncomforable for weeks . Sakura pain did pass toward me so hard. I was clearly dragged into it in the level that I never thought. And for me
That is the masterpiece. How to created a story, How to created the asmosphere, How to created a tone and pacing. It is just genuinely genius.
It is really an efforted work. And I truly appropriate that.
At the end I have nothing but feel sorrow and sorry for her.
Because of that Heaven's feel 2 ending. I expected everything to be darker, more disgusting, more violent, more distressing,more charactering, more deep.
I want Heaven's feel 3 to be the darkest story in fate from what it was perfectly build up.
BUT APPARENTLY this is what I got
A great Movie that mainly focused on concluding the whole fate series As It was said "Epilouge" Yes of course It is.
Plus a bit rush pacing and continuation made it hard to follow and understand. Rushing problems literally ruin the tone of the show. Besides Rushing,
The plot armor situations also bothering me a lot. I mean really a lot. Not enough yet The worst thing belongs to The tiny plotholes That repeatly declining
the show perfection such as Why Zouken is still alive ? At the very end Zouken still alive Somehow. After Sakura obviously killed him so clearly in front of our eyes. Yes It isn't that matters I totally sure It can be described with some explanations But Plothole is Plothole.
It is literally the thing It shouldn't exist from the begininng.
I really talked a lot about why I dont like the Movie But At the end
It is still a great movie. I really like it. I 'm not lying BUT
I just wanted to watch the conclusion of fate's heaven's feel route, Not the conclusion of fate series. (I know It did follow the VN story But I just dont like it)
So deeply in my mind. My wish and hope are still really didn't be granted. I still wasn't completely satisfied it.
A perfect Masterpiece ending? 10/10 ? Nah I am sorry but It is not Trust me It could be better than this.
Finally the fact that this is the last movie, It already made me feels nolstagic.
I feel so old lol, Again My beloved treasure has ended . I will definitely miss it for a long time The tales of Fuyuki Holy grail war. Shirou and his dearests .
So this is the thinks called "the end" It is hard to believe But no one can change that.
It is cruel, scary, empty but also genuinely beautiful in the same time.
Fate Stay night Thank you for everthing you have done. It was a very fun ride that I will definitely keep it as my tresure.
Goodbye
then wait for blu ray and hope that ufotable will animate normal end. That's the conclusion to HF that you're looking for
Oct 25, 2020 3:49 AM
Feb 2016
Just watched in theaters around 30 minutes from where i stayed, its awesome. Felt fast paced but still worth the wait. Although the ending felt quite confusing, i can make sense of how Shirou got revived but it doesnt feel much impact. Anyway, Emiya Gohan is my canon. I need to see Illya happy...im not crying though, Hassan cutting onions. Lemme hope for a Saber route and Hollow Ataraxia please!!!! Damn, i feel sad for Saber... Time to jump in the long ass Visual Novel i guess
Oct 26, 2020 2:06 AM
Oct 2020
Anguish_one7 said:
Just watched in theaters around 30 minutes from where i stayed, its awesome. Felt fast paced but still worth the wait. Although the ending felt quite confusing, i can make sense of how Shirou got revived but it doesnt feel much impact. Anyway, Emiya Gohan is my canon. I need to see Illya happy...im not crying though, Hassan cutting onions. Lemme hope for a Saber route and Hollow Ataraxia please!!!! Damn, i feel sad for Saber... Time to jump in the long ass Visual Novel i guess

I didn't watched the movie yet and only know the endings of the vn.
You see a certain garden of sinners character appearing in spring song. If you watched the movies you will definitely get the ending even more :)

I agree! A hollow ataraxia anime would add alot to the lore and characters. It's harder to adapt but with alot of creativity, definitely possible.
TypeMercury94Oct 26, 2020 2:25 AM
Nov 12, 2020 6:49 AM
Aug 2019
I just got to watch the movie in the cinema also it was the last screening. I feel like I have to rewatch this movie when the Bluray comes out because the theatre I went to the screen didn't look HD and the sound was really low for some reason.

There's a lot of spoilers so please skip this if you want to avoid spoilers.

Despite that, as an anime-only, I quite enjoyed this movie. Ufotable has done it again with the fight scenes especially that Saber VS Rider and Shirou that fight was just jaw-dropping. This trilogy really made me like Shirou as a character (sometimes I found him quite annoying in the Unlimited Bladeworks anime). It felt a bit weird that Shirou said 'I am the bone of my sword' in English it was cool nonetheless. Sakura as a character I really enjoy watching her character progress (I was always curious about her from unlimited blade works anime)and learning more about her story, she has such a tragic past I'm glad both Shinji and Zouken are dead. I got really emotional during the Sakura VS Rin fight when Sakura just tell Rin about her past but then she Rin just didn't care that made me angry but anyways she actually did care and love her sister.
That Shirou VS Berserker fight was really short but the build-up to it was awesome nice seeing Archer again he seems happy too I'm glad. Kotomine Kirei he quite surprised me in this trilogy and I felt like he took the spotlight in this movie we learn more about him also his wife killed herself I was shocked I knew he had a wife from Fate/zero also Kirei mentions a child did he have one with his wife?
Also, a lot of info-dumping in this movie which helped me understand more about the grail war which wasn't really grail war but its purpose was for heavens feels, and in the third grail war the Einzburn called on for an Avenger class servant which named was Angra mainyu a servant that was to have all evils and pain forced upon him and when he was stuck in the grail his wish for misfortunes was accepted by the grail which in turn corrupted the grail. I hope I got this right.
So is Zouken more than 500 years old? since it seems to imply that it was him in the flashback to when they first started the grail. Shirou VS Kirei I don't really know how I feel about it but it was quite brutal. Ilya sacrificed herself since it was her purpose but also to protect her little brother Shirou I really like their sibling bond (some fans like to make their relationship weird)but now she finally reunites with her mother, Irisviel. I really like that moment when Shirou said he wants to live to ilya.
So in the end Shirou's body disappeared but his soul (?) is still alive and they put him in a puppet. More importantly, I'm quite sure that the character that helped them put Shirou into a puppet body was Touko Aozaki (from Kara no kyoukai), since she's a puppet maker, we even get to see a glimpse of her, I thought kara no kyoukai was only in the same universe as fate but not same world though or was I misinformed?
I'm happy we got a happy ending and Sakura seems much happier. Both Shirou and Sakura are together walking forward at the same time nice just like the first poster of this movie. I think that was a really nice conclusion to the Heavens feels trilogy I enjoyed this more than Unlimited Bladeworks. I guess this is the end then since they mentioned that this was the last story but I know fate will never end since there are so many fate spin-offs.

Nov 12, 2020 9:46 AM

Aug 2009
Tellatez said:
I thought kara no kyoukai was only in the same universe as fate but not same world though or was I misinformed?

Kara no Kyoukai does happen in a different universe but the same characters still exist in in other universes. So in Fateverse Touko probably never met Mikiya and Shiki. But in all verses she is a ridiculously strong and (in)famous puppet maker.
Nov 13, 2020 8:10 AM
Jan 2017
Biggest mistake of the whole trilogy: no "I like Kotomine Kirei"
Nov 18, 2020 7:02 PM

Jul 2017
gonna need to play the VN after this
Nov 18, 2020 7:16 PM
Dec 2007
Just got to see it in theaters, and wow, its going to be a long time before anything can top that Saber Rider fight. Just like with the other Fate stuff though, the story was a little hard to follow. I just got done with the Fate route in the VN so I'll bet alot of stuff will get cleared up once I get through the HF route.
Nov 18, 2020 7:37 PM

Apr 2007
I read the VN and stopped right before Rider vs Saber it seems. Thought it was earlier. Well, I knew everything that happened except Zouken being the original Makiri (just knew he was hundreds of years old), Shiro dying, and the weird puppet stuff. How can you get over losing someone if you make a puppet of them instead? That's not progress....

Rider vs Saber was epic as expected. It was definitely the part I was most excited for. Shiro vs Kotomine was rather lackluster, but I imagine it's better in the VN. For the most part I have favored the VN more than all of the ufotable adaptations. Hopefully I'll finally get around to finishing it soon.

Besides the ending, it was a fun trilogy! Though I will say Heaven's Feel is my least favorite route :c
Nov 18, 2020 8:32 PM

Jan 2020
I was a bit disappointed if I’m being honest. I thought it’d top Lost Butterfly but that didn’t happen imo.

As an anime only, I won’t lie that I was a little confused at points and still kinda am even after rewatching the previous two movies right before. Guess you really need to read the VN to get a complete understanding.

Saber alt vs Rider was by far the high point, got goosebumps from that shit. The ost and animation were also spectacular as expected. The rest was just kinda okay I guess, certainly not bad whatsoever, but not outstanding either. I still enjoyed the movie nonetheless. Will definitely give it another watch when the BD comes out.
Nov 18, 2020 8:48 PM

May 2015
This was the most accurate adaptation of the three films. That also means it was more rushed. That said, it carried most of the right beats. This film in my mind is the literal definition of a 9. If it had another 15 minutes, it would've been a 10

Nov 18, 2020 11:08 PM

Apr 2014
Gotta say this journey was a fun time to the very end. Now I do have some conflicts about Shirou's archer arm. Seeing how he is able to create such weapons but seeing the nasty side effect of it. Then of course that crazy fight with Saber and Rider was very slick. Then the scene with Sakura and Rin was really nice. Of course that final fist to fist of Shirou and Kirei was pretty impactful seeing how two opposites wants a different outcome to show itself to the end. Then that ending. Shirou seems alive and well. Though makes me question how though. Maybe those scenes that were shown in the ending seems to be hints already. That aside the journey is finally over. My overall score for the entire trilogy will be a 7-9/10. I had some questions or issues with the trilogy overall. But it was very fun to the end for me. Ufotable really did a good job on this one that is for sure.
Nov 19, 2020 3:20 AM

Aug 2009
Monochrome said:
. How can you get over losing someone if you make a puppet of them instead? That's not progress....

But Shirou was never lost/dead..
Nov 19, 2020 3:46 AM

Mar 2016
Monochrome said:
I read the VN and stopped right before Rider vs Saber it seems. Thought it was earlier. Well, I knew everything that happened except Zouken being the original Makiri (just knew he was hundreds of years old), Shiro dying, and the weird puppet stuff. How can you get over losing someone if you make a puppet of them instead? That's not progress....

Rider vs Saber was epic as expected. It was definitely the part I was most excited for. Shiro vs Kotomine was rather lackluster, but I imagine it's better in the VN. For the most part I have favored the VN more than all of the ufotable adaptations. Hopefully I'll finally get around to finishing it soon.

Besides the ending, it was a fun trilogy! Though I will say Heaven's Feel is my least favorite route :c
shirou didn't die, illya saved his soul and gave it to rin and sakura who put shirou's soul in the puppet
"I like young-girl sexual creations, Lolicon is just one hobby of my many hobbies," he says.
I ask what his wife, standing nearby, thinks of his "hobby".
"She probably thinks no problem," he replies. "Because she loves young boys sexually interacting with each other."
Nov 19, 2020 4:54 AM
Jan 2019
Well is this end? Most likely... maybe Fate hollow Ataraxia?
Nov 19, 2020 5:05 AM
Oct 2020
Aure0lin said:
Monochrome said:

shirou didn't die, illya saved his soul and gave it to rin and sakura who put shirou's soul in the puppet

You're right! This concept was already explained in the Fate route. There are 2 bad endings where illya trapped Shirou's soul into a new container. But sadly.. DEEN never portrayed it in the old anime adaptation.
Nov 19, 2020 5:07 AM
Oct 2020
zClaw_Epic said:
Well is this end? Most likely... maybe Fate hollow Ataraxia?

I really hope we get an hollow ataraxia anime by ufotable.. But right now they're gonna milk demon slayer *sigh*
Nov 19, 2020 5:43 AM

Apr 2007
ssjokg said:

Aure0lin said:
Is this also something better explained in the VN? In general the movie didn't explain much at the end and it's not unusual in the FSN adaptations anyway. This is why I wanted to finish reading beforehand, but couldn't get myself to do it.

I knew something more had to be going on with the ending, but it wasn't exactly clear.
MonochromeNov 19, 2020 5:51 AM
Nov 19, 2020 6:15 AM

Mar 2016
Monochrome said:
ssjokg said:

Aure0lin said:
Is this also something better explained in the VN? In general the movie didn't explain much at the end and it's not unusual in the FSN adaptations anyway. This is why I wanted to finish reading beforehand, but couldn't get myself to do it.

I knew something more had to be going on with the ending, but it wasn't exactly clear.
i actually haven't seen this movie yet so i dont know if the movie has that scene but remember in the heaven's feel vn when illya does some magic to make shirou see the inside of her mansion while they're at a park? illya is basically doing the same thing at the end of this movie except she has an entire holy grail to fuel her magic
"I like young-girl sexual creations, Lolicon is just one hobby of my many hobbies," he says.
I ask what his wife, standing nearby, thinks of his "hobby".
"She probably thinks no problem," he replies. "Because she loves young boys sexually interacting with each other."
Nov 19, 2020 7:07 AM

Aug 2009
Monochrome said:
ssjokg said:

Aure0lin said:

I only saw the camrip version of that scene, but seemed obvious that the glowing thing they had in the cage was Shirou's soul after Ilya told him that he would save him.
They also show Aozaki Touko for this reason. Shirou, right now, is no different than she was after the fight with Alba in KnK 5.
Nov 19, 2020 1:14 PM

Apr 2017
FIlm had a lot of exposition going on, I feel that some anime viewers will be lost. But tbh, UBW had those flaws albeit in a somewhat different fashion. It might motivate more people to read the VN.
Nov 20, 2020 5:17 AM

Mar 2016
What an absolute masterpiece that was, INCREDIBLE!
Nov 21, 2020 2:58 PM

Sep 2014
8.80ish rating on mal.
20% of the votes are 1/5.

Kids ain't doing drugs no more, it's all about hypertension these days. Because the levels of salt are through the roof.

I hope the BD doesn't take ages to come out, because they won't be showing this movie where I live. Even a shitty camrip is enough to tell how insane Shirou and Rider vs Saber Alter was.
Nov 21, 2020 10:11 PM

Apr 2017
Honestly, I think Heaven's Feel is the high point. Either way this movie was definitely written as the conclusion to the whole series, as they tried to wrap up a lot of threads as best they could.

I appreciate how it's accessible to people who saw UFOtable's 2015 Unlimited Blade Works and yet still has hidden gems for the VN fans. Appeals to both anime and VN readers, truly a masterful trilogy and climax.
Nov 21, 2020 10:56 PM
Feb 2015
I just saw it in a 4D cinema and was thoroughly impressed. For context, I tried to read the VN years ago, but found its presentation rather unpalatable. Nonetheless, I have consistently enjoyed Fate adaptations, and this competes with Fate/Zero Second Season as my favourite in the series. An ending which left some unanswered questions aside (I won’t provide spoilers, as other viewers can probably guess to what I am referring) it had almost every note with impact and provided a satisfying send-off to its focal characters. The themes and world-building were explored with depth I haven’t encounter before in Fate canon, and while the dialogue threatened to feel overwhelming at times it was grounded in conflicts between well-established characters. As disappointed as I am that I cannot look forward another Ufotable-Fate (I’ve been in the hype train since mid-2014), I have few complaints about this finale.
Nov 22, 2020 1:24 AM

Apr 2017
AmbiguousMonster said:
I just saw it in a 4D cinema and was thoroughly impressed. For context, I tried to read the VN years ago, but found its presentation rather unpalatable. Nonetheless, I have consistently enjoyed Fate adaptations, and this competes with Fate/Zero Second Season as my favourite in the series. An ending which left some unanswered questions aside (I won’t provide spoilers, as other viewers can probably guess to what I am referring) it had almost every note with impact and provided a satisfying send-off to its focal characters. The themes and world-building were explored with depth I haven’t encounter before in Fate canon, and while the dialogue threatened to feel overwhelming at times it was grounded in conflicts between well-established characters. As disappointed as I am that I cannot look forward another Ufotable-Fate (I’ve been in the hype train since mid-2014), I have few complaints about this finale.

I wish I could have seen it in 4D but honestly it was still incredibly immersive in just 2D. The sound design, everything was peak cinema
Nov 22, 2020 1:48 AM
Feb 2015
iSpade said:
AmbiguousMonster said:

I wish I could have seen it in 4D but honestly it was still incredibly immersive in just 2D. The sound design, everything was peak cinema

Oh, the 4D, especially for Kirei vs Assassin and Saber vs Rider, felt like a roller coaster. Some people may not like it, but I adored it. Splashes of water when blood splattered was unintentionally hilarious, mind you, but on the whole it was well worth the high price of admission (I saw it in Australia).
Nov 22, 2020 2:34 PM
Jun 2019
Am I the only one wondering my Touko Aozaki was at the end of the fucking movie? I mean that’s some fan fiction shit right there
Nov 22, 2020 2:47 PM
Jan 2017
OinYea said:
Am I the only one wondering my Touko Aozaki was at the end of the fucking movie? I mean that’s some fan fiction shit right there
not at all, type moon works are always connected. Rin and Sakura contacted Touko to get the puppet body that is shirou's new body
Nov 22, 2020 2:49 PM
Jun 2019
DoTaku_2002 said:
OinYea said:
not at all, type moon works are always connected. Rin and Sakura contacted Touko to get the puppet body that is shirou's new body
woahhhh that’s sooo cooll so she does have something to do with fate I Guess
Nov 22, 2020 11:39 PM

Apr 2017
AmbiguousMonster said:
iSpade said:

Oh, the 4D, especially for Kirei vs Assassin and Saber vs Rider, felt like a roller coaster. Some people may not like it, but I adored it. Splashes of water when blood splattered was unintentionally hilarious, mind you, but on the whole it was well worth the high price of admission (I saw it in Australia).

that's pretty cool. how much did tickets cost though?
Nov 22, 2020 11:56 PM
Feb 2015
iSpade said:
AmbiguousMonster said:

that's pretty cool. how much did tickets cost though?

$27 AUD per person. Watching a movie in 4D is definitely something to only do once a year at most.
Nov 23, 2020 3:14 AM

Nov 2018
Just went to see this in theatres in Geelong (VIC) now that restrictions are being eased.

Can confirm that this is indeed a masterpiece and is now the best thing the Fate anime has ever released.

The animation and music are a solid 10/10. The CG was put to fantastic use, absolutely no problems. Amazing quality all around.

The fight scenes can make a man cum in his pants speechless and tear up, that's what my experience was with this movie. I'll throw in my two cents and say that the Saber fight in this movie is much better than the one in Movie 2, and I loved that fight as well.

If you can go see this in theatres, do so now!

10/10 movie.

Please show your love for my Kiss x Sis manga review here. It will only take you 2 minutes of your time 🙏🙏
Check out my list of emojis you can copy and paste in the forums here. List will expand in the future.
Nov 23, 2020 5:53 AM

Aug 2009
rarewaifu said:
OinYea said:
if u got into the theater early, the movie plays a FAQ slideshow with Yuki Kaijua OST in the background, it states there that Heavens Feel takes place in the same universe as KNK! :)

We have known this is the case since Zero, when Alba, the blonde guy from the 5th movie, is one of the mages that arrived at Kiritsugu's island to burn everything down.
And I am talking about anime only perspective.

I am curious tho what that FAQ was about. Can you go into detail?
Nov 23, 2020 8:03 AM

Jan 2019
rarewaifu said:
ssjokg said:

We have known this is the case since Zero, when Alba, the blonde guy from the 5th movie, is one of the mages that arrived at Kiritsugu's island to burn everything down.

it was nothing really, they just had a slideshow prior to the movie with fun facts about the series like who Heracles was, Kireis fav form of martial arts, his wifes name etc..

They talked about Bajiquan? Awesome, it would have been great to know what they said.
Karnox001Nov 23, 2020 8:06 AM
Nov 23, 2020 8:06 AM

Aug 2009
rarewaifu said:
ssjokg said:

it was nothing really, they just had a slideshow prior to the movie with fun facts about the series like who Heracles was, Kireis fav form of martial arts, his wifes name etc..

Thanks!!.

Now I hate even more the fact that Greece doesnt have screenings even without covid.

But who Heracles was?I guess fun facts about the Fate version cause I cant see people not knowing who he is anywhere in the world with access to tv and internet.
Nov 23, 2020 8:41 AM

May 2015
Karnox001 said:
rarewaifu said:

They talked about Bajiquan? Awesome, it would have been great to know what they said.
The slidshow also had facts about his past. Went to a theological school, was an enforcer like we already knew and his favorite foods. Honestly kinda nice

Nov 23, 2020 8:56 AM

Jan 2019
Emblemz said:
Karnox001 said:

The slidshow also had facts about his past. Went to a theological school, was an enforcer like we already knew and his favorite foods. Honestly kinda nice

Nice, makes me want to rewatch F/Zero.
P.D: Extra spicy Mapo Tofu xD.
Nov 23, 2020 9:36 AM

May 2019
rarewaifu said:
AmbiguousMonster said:
im really glad u enjoyed it ik VN purists have some complaints about the movie (some understandable to a degree) but overall it was a phenomenal theater experience, like u could really feel the tension in the movie with everyone being pushed to there limits i was for sure satisfied

shoot even the "escaping from castle" had me pumped up with the kickass OST, i went for a 2nd rewatch haha

honestly i feel like some VN reader watch the movies just for nitpicking
for me when i watch any adaptation i try to always find the good things more than the bad things also you can tell that ufotable staff tried to make the movies as good as they can
its just like what @ssjokg said in another thread it isn't a 1:1 adaptation but they did a pretty damn good job
”A fight isn't won once a victor is decided, it's won when someone loses.” – Izayoi Sakamaki

I don’t even know the real names of the two… no, three that I killed back then. I just closed my eyes, put my hands over my ears and tried to forget it all.” – Kirito

MY ANIME LIST
Nov 23, 2020 9:52 AM

Aug 2009
Askaa said:
rarewaifu said:
im really glad u enjoyed it ik VN purists have some complaints about the movie (some understandable to a degree) but overall it was a phenomenal theater experience, like u could really feel the tension in the movie with everyone being pushed to there limits i was for sure satisfied

shoot even the "escaping from castle" had me pumped up with the kickass OST, i went for a 2nd rewatch haha

for me when i watch any adaptation i try to always find the good things more than the bad things also you can tell that ufotable staff tried to make the movies as good as they can
its just like what @ssjokg said in another thread it isn't a 1:1 adaptation but they did a pretty damn good job

I feel like many source material fans,not just for Fate, think that an adaptation is supposed to replace the original for people that don't want to read the original.

That isn't true. That just cant happen.

As long as it is a good representation of the story there is no reason to make a fuss.
Nov 23, 2020 10:12 AM

Jan 2019
Askaa said:
rarewaifu said:

Of course. I think I saw you somewhere in youtube comments, there's so much cancer in some comment sections, specially the old videos about the VN. Just remember, there will always be salty people watching things to complain because they ruined the movie for themselves because of their own unrealistic expectations. Every complain I've read so far (I've read A LOT of them) are just nitpicks, nonsense, little details or just proof that they don't know how adaptations work. The most stupid things I've read are that there are no monologues and that the OST (not just Light and Darkness) is not exactly the same as the VN, Wtf? I mean, I already have the VN if I want monologues and details, I'm not watching the movies like they were a retelling or something, I want the practical execution of what I read in the VN (as long as the important things are explained and everything makes sense without the VN). The only thing I kind of understand is that there's no
, but again as long as they depicted or represented the point of it (which is that Shirou accepts his opponent and his motives, as both of them are the same), then I don't care if it's not there, the real difference would be that the VN is more blunt telling it while in the movie is more subtle.

Just don't listen to those people, all they want is to ruin your experience like they did for themselves, don't let them do that. Trust me, their complaints are not worth reading, it's a waste of time.
Karnox001Jan 19, 2021 4:01 AM
Nov 23, 2020 10:21 AM

Jan 2019
ssjokg said:
Askaa said:

I feel like many source material fans,not just for Fate, think that an adaptation is supposed to replace the original for people that don't want to read the original.

That isn't true. That just cant happen.

As long as it is a good representation of the story there is no reason to make a fuss.

Yes, as long as is not like the fucking Studio Deen movie of UBW of course.
I trust Ufotable 110%, specially after having watched Kara no Kyoukai and the other two movies (and every other major anime they have released so far lol).
Karnox001Nov 23, 2020 11:24 AM
Pages (11) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Do this whole movie happens in alternate timeline ? anyone could do explain breifly

Mugiwarayaa___ - Mar 28

9 by Mugiwarayaa___ »»
Mar 31, 11:11 AM

» I liked all of it but didn't understand the ending

Beauty123 - Apr 8, 2021

14 by Mugiwarayaa___ »»
Mar 29, 4:46 AM

» Do you hate Sakura?

Stacias - Jul 20, 2022

46 by LANARp-0470 »»
Mar 16, 5:42 AM

Poll: » How do you feel about sakura? ( 1 2 )

Clar_00 - Mar 4, 2022

59 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Mar 14, 8:33 AM

» Is fate series completed?

Yeshwanth_18 - Mar 31, 2021

33 by Alexioos95 »»
Feb 8, 1:21 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.