Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 11, 2020 8:23 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Welp, SAO is back along with the familiar cast. Seems that Kirito is still in vegetable state similar to the previous season.

Sinon's role in this episode was kinda hard to watch especially with her reunion with Kirito imo. Even Leafa is back after she logged into the Underworld. Poor girl already got into a tough battle that was stacked against her. Quite a return though. It really feels like this season has high stakes already.
Jul 11, 2020 8:24 AM

Jul 2017
The finale 4th cour of the Alicization arc, continues and arrives with Sinon and the rest .summoned, and joining the battle of the Final Load Test, towards the Great Underworld War.

Once again ReoNa and Eir Aoi delivers both amazing songs to send this series towards the end.

With information from Asuna (including the coma-induced vegetable Kirito), it's only up to them to deal with the fiasco and rescue Alice back from the hands of Vecta.

On Kirito's sister Leafa though, trouble really is brought right at her door, Asuna-raped style (like Season 1's final moments). The pig boss reacting Eugeo-style disobeying the System Call (and losing one eye in the process) was just the icing on the cake to defeat yet another strong enemy. Welp, starting off for a scene such as this.

Onward to the Underworld War, and Integrity Knight Commander Bernoculi doesn't hold back to get Alice by hook or by crook from Dark Emperor Vecta, but obviously Vecta has the upper hand to manipulate on both physical and mental means to render his death at every step.

A very action-packed episode that kicks off as great as its continuation. The stakes have never been higher, and definitely keeping an eye on the final stretch of SAO.
Jul 11, 2020 8:27 AM

Jul 2014
Oh this anime... rather what is it with this author and rape scenes hahaha, Leafa got the short end of the stick there, literally.
NGL that last part was hype af when allies be raining down on enemy lane.
Jul 11, 2020 8:28 AM

Feb 2018
Our last hope lies with him... And so, the hero finally takes up his sword? But Kiritod still AFK, xD.

Welcome Suguha, Sinon had come to the Underworld at least that kiss was really needed, Kissing in front of Asuna, oh shit ... Am I the only one who thought Suguha was so cute using that green dress?

A boring match, one hand has broken. Asuna slaughtered all the soldiers, look who came?

Kleinnnn joined the game.
Jul 11, 2020 8:28 AM

Nov 2007
The series begins w. when Sawashiro-san's character appeared.

I like the song used in OP, but I need to get used to the voice used as OP.

Sawashiro-san's character checking up on main guy.

Sawashiro-san's character's account can fly? She can save Alice girl.

Main guy's sister falling near Hawk guy. Dark mage used this opportunity to torture her. He violates the rule to protect her. She saved him back.

More fighting. First vs. Ishida-san's character. American soldiers, so English in anime.

More comrades arriving.

ED is nice.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jul 11, 2020 8:37 AM

Apr 2020
This is what I am waiting for!

Shino kissed Kirito in front of Asuna, heyy Asuna, is that okay? seeing Kirito's condition like that, it seemed like it was fine

Woahh, at the end Klein looks really cool, he killed about 50 players with one attack,

and also the animation was really good.
Jul 11, 2020 8:42 AM

Oct 2017
Asuna and Alice fighting over Kirito meanwhile Sinon kisses him XD.

The final part of SAO Alicization starts off great. Shino Non comes to save Asuna and the gang, that was a great entrance. Thou Leafa got the short end of the stick, got tentacled after just entering but she easily got out of that situation.

The dark lord is fully overpowering Bercouli but hopefully Sinon will reach there in time and he'll survive. Also Klein made an epic entrance and saved the day. Looks like other players are joining in too, next episode will be great.
MegamiRemJul 11, 2020 11:02 PM
Jul 11, 2020 8:56 AM
Jul 2018
Every scene where Asuna interacts with other female characters is awkward. Sinon, along with Alice, is one of the worst characters, both of whom have little self-confidence. PoH (sad background story and therefore more complex than the main antagonist) is entering Underworld again, I like him.
Leafa is now immortalized in the circle of humiliation, a shame actually. Finally, Klein gets a badass moment.
The severing of limbs was inspired by Star Wars. The opening perfectly shows the condition of Kirito.

removed-userJul 11, 2020 9:04 AM
Jul 11, 2020 9:04 AM

Nov 2016
Never thought I would say this, but I'm so hyped, even more thanks to the opening.

On a different note, miss me with the waifu stuff. In other series I don't mind, but here it's just ultra cringe. The action, however, in particular Bercouli vs Vector made up for it. Nice start overall.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 11, 2020 10:46 AM

May 2018
LOL! First episode and Leafa got tentacle rape. Look forward to see more action.
Jul 11, 2020 10:48 AM

Jun 2017
Good episode, great to see Leafa back. The tentacle scene was overdone I think compared to the LN, esp with the "implication" which isn't something that happens as far as I can remember. It will draw in lots of hate and shitposting though. Thanks A1!
Signature.
Jul 11, 2020 10:50 AM

Jul 2020
FMmatron said:
Never thought I would say this, but I'm so hyped, even more thanks to the opening.

On a different note, miss me with the waifu stuff. In other series I don't mind, but here it's just ultra cringe. The action, however, in particular Bercouli vs Vector made up for it. Nice start overall.

Agree. Could’ve done without it. Wanting to see what happens to Bercouli on that cliffhanger though. Also, Klein coming in like a bad ass was dope.
Jul 11, 2020 10:50 AM

Jan 2009
that last tentacle penetrated the lovehole of Leafa right goddamn thats #RapeArtOnline for you again lol but im not complaining though as long as Leafa is fine and survives since she is badass besides being sexy

Jul 11, 2020 10:51 AM

Mar 2018
Good to be back and nice action already in this episode! Can I just say that I watch all of SAO episodes at quite the high volume? The music, it's just amazing and needs to be HEARD!
Opening is great with ReoNa and quite like it. The Ending is really well animated like the water and all, but somehow it doesn't fit the music... not sure what it is (too much spoiled with Unlasting I guess)

☆  PlayStation: KoitoTV
☆  Discord: Koito
☆  Twitch Koito
☆  @Koito91
Jul 11, 2020 10:51 AM

Jun 2014
Yep, it wouldn't be SAO without the typical borderline rape scene. And we got that right here in just the first episode! Putting that aside, the end of the episode was hype af, it was great to see Klein have a badass moment since, from what I can remember, he hasn't had many.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jul 11, 2020 10:53 AM

Feb 2020
What a great start, and felt that hype on a whole other level. A1 going unlimited budget works again. Looking forward to how they adapt the rest of the LN.
Jul 11, 2020 10:56 AM

Jul 2017
Reki Kawahara's overusage of sexual assault as a plot element to create drama for shock value as a crutch is a joke. How many times does he have to play this card for multiple seasons of this franchise. I don't enjoy stuff like that in ecchi anime although I understand why its there, but this is a series that's presenting itself as this action packed drama-fantasy anime that's taking itself very seriously with its storylines, and then pulls shit like that off constantly to create angst rather than actual compelling stuff. Have some variety atleast.

Other than that, at least it was nice to see Sinon again. OP song is good, but man this episode and arc as a whole continues to just to limp towards the finish line.
animejasJul 11, 2020 11:00 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
After so long its nice to see Asuna and the team again. Damm Sinon's goddess form looks so cool. Faced with the damm yanks her arrival is timely. Not sure about the OP though. For Sinon like Asuna before her seeing Kirito like this must be heartbreaking for her. Leafa's entry into the field sure was amusing but also timely. Kindness and respect is probably something that Lilpilin never expected to meet from anyone especially from the humans. The appearance of the dark guild's leader sure was surprising as was her determination to stay alive even it meant draining the life from others to do so. Still seeing her taunts backfire on her and see her get cut down by Leafa sure was satisfying. While we suffered heavy losses so far the entrance of Leafa, Sinon and now Klein and the others will serve to even the odds a little. Overall a strong return to the series that had equal parts emotion and action. With Kirito's friends and allies now arriving looks like the war will move on to the next phase.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Mar 2019
wow, I can't believe I'm this hyped up for Sword Art Online, who woulda thought that was even possible. The opening was great, as was the ending, and everything in between. Looking forward to future episodes.

Jul 11, 2020 10:57 AM
Jul 2019
Too mediocre especially when too many god tier protagonist started arriving like flies , only Leafa's tentacle rape was the only exciting part around here.
Jul 11, 2020 10:58 AM

Feb 2016
The finale of the arc or rather of the anime finally arrives after a long delay

God mode Kirito still deactivated

I hope this becomes a perfect end for the anime
Jul 11, 2020 10:59 AM

Nov 2016
Rayein said:
FMmatron said:

Agree. Could’ve done without it. Wanting to see what happens to Bercouli on that cliffhanger though. Also, Klein coming in like a bad ass was dope.

Yep, that was neat too. Thankfully it's still to early for Kirito to save the day.

thebrentinator24 said:
Yep, it wouldn't be SAO without the typical borderline rape scene.

At least it was done by a "female" this time, so it was kinda hot.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 11, 2020 10:59 AM

Dec 2019
I justed finished the last season so am actually going into the episode excited

The opening visuals were great and wonderfully animated.

I can't believe Asuna is okay with Sinon kissing Kirito. If I was Asuna this would have ended differently.

The tentacle scene was so extra

»»Delievers Here««
★・・・・・・★

"Today might be the chance to grasp
the chance to let your talent bloom" -Tooru Oikawa

-Signature from Annie_Law

Jul 11, 2020 11:01 AM

Jul 2016
Nice comeback after 6months of break and the art and animation is improved. Klein entrance is badass ngl. Sinon meets Kirito. Bercouli vs Vecta battle starts, the appearance of LC leader. The first scene is uncomfortable ngl. But I think they going overboard with that scene, in the novel its tame. And as usual the people having a field day with it. Overall pretty controversial episode.

Jul 11, 2020 11:10 AM

Jun 2014
FMmatron said:
thebrentinator24 said:
Yep, it wouldn't be SAO without the typical borderline rape scene.

At least it was done by a "female" this time, so it was kinda hot.

I suppose you have a point there xD
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jul 11, 2020 11:10 AM

Mar 2015
Oh my good this is gonna be so good, so much hype, i can't wait t..... and there is another fuckin rape scene.

Why..poor Leafa.
Jul 11, 2020 11:12 AM

Mar 2016
The "sakuga" of this Alicization arc continues to amaze me. That being said, I legit wished the adaptation did more justice with character work and exposition/dialogue, as well as stuff I sensed got cut from the source material. Goes to show that LN adaptations are that hard to adapt.

Other than that, this entire arc still continues to the best thing SAO has to offer, for better or worse.

EDIT: I laugh at how everyone complaining about the "hentai" scene, but I've seen FAR FAR worse....trust me. Yea it was still uncomfortable, but it's far from the worst examples out there. I give credit to Reki for even having the balls to have this part in the source material.
Y'all filthy ass peasants xDD
RyuseishunJul 11, 2020 11:24 AM
Jul 11, 2020 11:12 AM

Mar 2016
How many rape scenes are gonna be in this season?
Does Kawahara sensei actually enjoy stuff like this?
This comes off as awful, either it's a woman or man that did it
Jul 11, 2020 11:13 AM

Aug 2012
Reki couldnt resist could he

Well I hope sinon gets more screen time. Would be a shame if she died right away or only had a small part from this point on.
Jul 11, 2020 11:14 AM
Apr 2017
i have a question ,why only 11 episodes ? will there be a part 3 or is part 2 an end? of season 3
Jul 11, 2020 11:14 AM
May 2015
As much as I'm liking the Alicization arc so far, what is up with SAO and rape scenes? There's one every 12 episodes and honestly, it's goddamn annoying.

Otherwise, still a great episode and I'm honestly hype for this season and the eventual return of Kirito.

Also, I love both the OP and ED..When it comes to A-1, they really give it their all in terms of the animation.

4/5
jc9622Jul 11, 2020 11:20 AM

Jul 11, 2020 11:15 AM

Apr 2019
I know things like the Leafa tentacle rape aren't exactly new to SAO, but goddamn we're only 1 episode in and we're already here

I hope Kawahara got this out of his system, and we can keep moving
Jul 11, 2020 11:15 AM

Jul 2017
Ok well the OP of summer has already been decided kek

Ah it's not SAO if there isn't at least one present villain engaging in a molestation scene lmao, never change. And lol @ Asuna just standing there watching all those girls fawn over her boyfriend, first with Alice and co. and now with Shinon literally kissing him. It's also funny how Alice has been unconscious the whole time yet still has a firm grip on her sword :P

damn that Beroculi fight was nice though, do wish it was longer as with any scenes involving him

meta
Jul 11, 2020 11:16 AM

Jul 2020
Waiting For The New Episode Like

RayeinJul 11, 2020 12:23 PM
Jul 11, 2020 11:17 AM
May 2015
CatGirlCinnamon said:
i have a question ,why only 11 episodes ? will there be a part 3 or is part 2 an end? of season 3
It's the final season of Alicization and there's only 2 more volumes left so 11 episodes is fine.

Jul 11, 2020 11:17 AM

Feb 2019
The definitive anime of our generation is back. It’s Alice SZN, baby.

ReoNa just doesn’t miss, Jesus Christ.

A-1 picked up where they left off with absolutely amazing visuals and quality.

Sinon with the cheeky little kiss there, I dig it

People are already complaining about the writing on the Leafa torture scene. Sigh. Same old arguments.

The visuals in the ED are amazing, not a huge fan of the song though, but following up Unlasting was always going to be a big ask.

Pretty good adaptation, can’t really remember anything major being left out, then again it’s been like 5 years since I read volume 17/18.

Overall, very happy with the episode and glad to be back. We move.
Jul 11, 2020 11:19 AM
Apr 2017
Ah i see, thank you for answering my question
Jul 11, 2020 11:20 AM

Nov 2018
I love that SAO is back! In this episode, we continued where we ended in War of Underworld part 1 which is when Sinon logged into the Underworld. Sinon met up with vegetable Kirito in an awesome scene where she kissed Kirito right in front of Asuna.

Leafa logged in also but she had a tough time in a battle that she had the disadvantage in and she went through rapey like torture basically with the tenticles. Leafa referred to the pig boss as human and he didn't like being treated as less by the other humans in the enemy forces. So, this lead to him disobeying the system call which we have seen before from others like Eugeo. This eventually leads to the enemy being defeated after this tough ass fight. Leafa was pretty badass and sexy at the end of that scene too.

After this went down, we go to Commander Bercouli who goes all out against Emperor Vecta and he was doing it willingly to try to protect best girl Alice. We quickly realize that Bercouli does not have the upper hand against Vecta who has the ability to manipulate anyone physically and mentally. Vecta ends up severing Bercouli's left arm off and they left it at that for now. At this rate Bercouli might be screwed.

At the end when Asuna is fighting some guys we get Klein coming in with a badass scene. With him and others arriving, it will surely even the odds against the enemy forces. Can't Wait for the next episode because this is one of my favorite series and I'm hyped that it's back.

Also the OP "Anima" by ReoNa and the ED "I will" by Eir Aoi are both really great and the visuals in both I really love. Especially the ED. A-1 Pictures is doing a fantastic job with this and they deserve a lot of credit.
Kyle_KirchnerJul 11, 2020 11:32 AM

[font="\"Helvetica Neue\", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif"]I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.[/font]

[/center]
Jul 11, 2020 11:22 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Starting off with controversy, that's some way of kicking things for the final season of the Aliciazation arc.

Op is an absolute banger and the visuals perhaps even more so! Op of the Season right here? Kirito's return heavily foreshadowed and the extra effects with the water effects plus the fancy title drop was pretty lit. ED on Kirito this time; very similar to Alice's Unlasting last season which is nothing short of a pleasure. Song-wise, it might need a bit more time to grow on me.

About that (near-) rape scene though, was it even necessary in all honesty? I'm not going to be jumping on the negative spectrum of this soon-to-evolve controversy though...

Sinon makes a full return now and, by the seems of it, the others too. Oh, how very interesting indeed! Guess the others are rather unlucky for not getting the time to drop by on Kirito, unlike Sinon. But better than Leafa at least, am I right? Is this really the end of that "erasou ni" chick though? Kind of anticlimactic, if I'm to be frank.

On the other hand, Bercouli's on his final whims but I'm looking forward to seeing what he'll be unleashing next to, at least hopefully, stall the Emperor.

Back with a bang and I'm looking forward to seeing how things will unravel over the course of this season!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jul 11, 2020 11:22 AM

Mar 2019
Ahhh...Finally after all the delays it's here !
Good start . Loved it .
And why does every episode has to end at the point when you're super pumped ?!! XD
Just can't wait for the next one

Jul 11, 2020 11:23 AM

Nov 2010
Damn Leafa dumb af
Jul 11, 2020 11:24 AM

Aug 2015
Why rape scenes again? Can't the author hide his fetish for a fucking arc?
Jul 11, 2020 11:24 AM
Jul 2019
Lol. A-1 decided to put the rape scene in the first episode and just...... get rid of it. Overall It was a good episode and I can't complain about anything but THAT scene
Jul 11, 2020 11:25 AM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
The visuals are still A tier, and honestly, this might be the best OP out there, visuals wise. Other than that, not much to say, SAO being SAO, i.e. being mediocre.

3/5
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Jul 11, 2020 11:26 AM

Dec 2019
With every new season of SAO comes a new rape scene. Looking forward to the next episode.
Jul 11, 2020 11:26 AM

Jul 2019
'They are all female...' Damn right they are and with every season the harem grows stronger.

More tentacle cringe pseudo rape with everybody's favourite sister Leafa. Sure.

More of the usual and I guess I will watch it, since I have already see to much SAo at this point.
Jul 11, 2020 11:28 AM

Aug 2013
SAO is finally back. After watching the trailer last week, I couldn't wait and here it is.

The OP was so good. ReoNa just knows how to make good songs. I liked the ED aswell.

That tentacle scene with Leafa... was it really necessary?

Poor Ronie... Yeah, they're all girls. XD

Klein entrance was cool and I'm hyped to see the rest of the cast.

Jul 11, 2020 11:28 AM

Jul 2016
This episode continuing from the last episode being action packed.

Indeed people gonna have a field day with this episode, a mix bag with the usual per season sexual assault and hype actions.

I didn't remember Klein having a badass entrance like that in the novels, but I like it, nice job to staff for putting a big effort for him. More deban.

The OP, damn those scenes are major scenes actually xD anyway I'm glad they didn't put every major scenes on that, gonna say I'm thankful. ED feeling like an OP instead of ED, can't bring down excitement even in ED? Maybe both ReoNa and Eir Aoi are hype in this last cour xD
Jul 11, 2020 11:30 AM
Jul 2020
I dropped when leafa Said she isn't gonna attack the bad guy because she doesn't know If that is a good thing or not. Sure getting arrested is Fine to find vecta, entering enemy territory with god Powers os Fine too, but clearly she Just likes rape scenes, like come on! I can get past these things when it's like a major point of the story, but 10 minutes in, rape scene and letting It happen because she's not certain If the one killing her is good or not? Honestly, feck this bruh. Second episode, don't fail me.
Jul 11, 2020 11:35 AM
Dec 2018
well, it's not sao if we don't get some tentacle or rapey shit
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Best SAO girl?

Kazu-chan-san - Mar 20, 2023

15 by ItsAziz »»
Apr 7, 4:06 AM

» Question about Alice

quietkun27 - Mar 24

15 by Superninjaboy2 »»
Mar 25, 1:04 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 19, 2020

320 by Anayan_Kashyap »»
Jan 15, 7:46 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kaiseki - Aug 8, 2020

209 by razisgosu »»
Jan 13, 9:22 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Sep 5, 2020

154 by White_Alice »»
Jan 12, 11:44 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.