Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jul 6, 2020 11:30 AM

Aug 2012
MegamiRem said:
nightcrawlercyp said:
Good animation takes into account the laws of physics and makes movements look natural. Also about the visuals they are supposed to represent real human being but there are a ton of parts not well drawn at all.
Laws of physics?Lol Check the genre tags of this show.
So if an anime is fantasy it should respect no physics laws for no reason?
Dust_Eyezz said:
nightcrawlercyp said:
Then maybe you should rewatch it... not very generic from my pov. about CGI... is clear you grew up with movies that abuse CGI and that look like garbage so you have no idea how real stuff should look like.

kid.. you are clearly out of your league. You read some stuff here and there and think you know animation. The first animation I did was on an HC computer... have you even heard of stuff like this? Also I am complaining of shading when it comes to faces which are more important than clothes in my humble opinion. And if you are such a big shot show something you made you consider good.
Go back to your cave kiddo, if u are so old maybe you shouldn't watch anime and be a part of society instead of arguing with us on the forums. Maybe you should show your work first instead of bluffing and demanding somebodies work...

I do not bluff.. I did provide my work but if you need an exact link here: https://www.deviantart.com/nightcrawlercyp Also that is the lamest comeback ever. What has my hobbies to do with my job? I earn an acceptable paycheck but I do not consider my job as something that defines me.
nightcrawlercypJul 6, 2020 11:33 AM
Jul 6, 2020 11:30 AM

Aug 2018
The op sounds like a 2009 trap remix lol

But the pacing of this episode tho.. wow that was really fast paced. It felt like 20 things were going on simultaneously.

The animation though. Good shit MAPPA. Really looking forward to this
"Who needs drugs when you got cute anime girls?"
-Sun Tzu
Jul 6, 2020 11:31 AM

Aug 2015
Well, that was crazy, and fun. I hope it continues like that but I am more concerned about the budget, because it feels like this series will be very expensive.

The opening is fine but the wubwubwubs threw me off a little.
Jul 6, 2020 11:32 AM

Oct 2017
nightcrawlercyp said:
MegamiRem said:
It's supernatural and laws of physics don't matter on supernatural cases do they lol?
Jul 6, 2020 11:35 AM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
Farabeuf said:
God that was absolutely awful. I literally cringed at 3 points during the episode. I confess I only picked this up because MAPPA was doing it, and I generally never drop anything before I've seen a third of a season, but if its all like this, its gonna be a tough watch. All hype and no substance. The jokes were flat and the character designs were meh too. Let's hope it improves.
Welcome to the world of webtoons. Now only if we get a Solo Leveling anime so that we can complete the whole collection. Ngl, the future of anime is looking grim if these webtoon anime keep getting traction.
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Jul 6, 2020 11:35 AM

Feb 2010
Pakumen- said:
Well, that was crazy, and fun. I hope it continues like that but I am more concerned about the budget, because it feels like this series will be very expensive.

Idk about that, can be that MAPPA's people are just talented, i remember that OPM's animation (S1) is also not expensive according to them, just talented people in their makings.

Dota 2 Esports Stories are a fuckin Anime IRL Anime Sports

Jul 6, 2020 11:36 AM

Aug 2012
MegamiRem said:
nightcrawlercyp said:
It's supernatural and laws of physics don't matter on supernatural cases do they lol?
They kinda do... Here is the thing: material things obey the law of physics unless there is something that explicitly causes them to bend or break. Nothing in this show points to characters having bodies like Luffy from what I have seen
Jul 6, 2020 11:38 AM
Feb 2020
The anime looked clean as fuck. If they had so much budget why didn't they put some on tog too.
Anyway, considering the art style of tog season1 it is understandable.
However, a solid premier in my opinion. I really liked it. (This episode was like fight, fight, fight, fight and some comedy)...
Basically that's the major expect of GoH. You will see some of the best fight scenes in anime in here later on. Trust me on this one.
Jul 6, 2020 11:40 AM
Dec 2019
So, They Adaptated Chapter 1 Which Was Shown Before The Opening Started, Then After The Opening, They Completly Skipped Chapter 2, 3, 4 And 5, Seriously Why? These Chapters Actually Focused On The Three Main Characters And How They Got Selected For The Tournament And These Chapters Also Showed Thier Lives And What They Were Like And What Were They Going Through And There Is A Part In The Episode Where The Guy Who Recruited Mori (The Protagonist) For The Tournament Talked About How Someone Broke His Arm In A Fight When He Went To Recruit Him, And Anime Onlys Wouldn't Even Get It Because They Skipped The Chapters.
Then The Whole Episode Felt Really Rushed.
At First I Thought How They'd Adapt Around A 100 Chapters In 13 Episodes.
Now I Know How, They're Probably Gonna Skip A Lot Of Chapters And Rush The Hell Out Of It, Which Isn't Exactly Bad But..........Ok Now, If We Look At It As An Anime It's A Good Episode And It's Going Pretty Well, Except For That Part Where The Tournament Started, Someone who knows nothing about the WebToon Will also Feel Like It's Rushed At That Specific Time.
But Overall It Might Be A Good Anime.
But, If We Look At It From An Adaptation Perspective, It's Really Not Good, Not At All.
But At Least The Fight Scenes Were Done Justice, Those Were Pretty Good.
But MAPPA, I Did Not Like How You Made This Adaptation, And Probably Anyone Who's Read The WebToon Wouldn't. And,
Look I Don't Wanna Be That Guy Who Says The Manga Was Better, But......
I Will Come Out And Say It,
The WebToon Is Way Better, Read The WebToon.
The WebToon Is So Fucking Good.
AUselessGodJul 6, 2020 11:50 AM
Jul 6, 2020 11:40 AM

Jun 2014
I liked this premiere, and the action was lit. Even if the story ends up not being good, let's hope Mappa can keep up that action quality consistently for the whole show.

However, definitely not a fan of that OP holy shit. Not much of a dubstep guy tbh. But I'm looking forward to continuing this show.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jul 6, 2020 11:41 AM

Jun 2019
What a great episode. What a start to a show. OP was great. ED was great. Animation is awesome. AND over all of that the fighting Choreography... my god that is just amazingly good. Like so fuckin' good. I really liked the first episode. Really hyped for this series.
Jul 6, 2020 11:41 AM

Oct 2018
they have changed a lot of things.
“You can always die. It's living that takes real courage." - Himura Kenshin”

Jul 6, 2020 11:42 AM

Jul 2019
Mario_Isla said:
MegamiRem said:
Bad visual? Bad animation? Lmao wut? Care to elaborate what good animation and visuals are then lmao?

The animation is really good, but it's so unoriginal, all Mappa animes have the same art style. I think because that, some people can think that the animation is bad.
uhmmm i guess i can see that, i still dont think that calling the animation bad is fair, tho. I dont even liked mappa i just knew this would look good visually because park is directing it
Jul 6, 2020 11:43 AM
May 2020
Is the track suit guy a fan of kakashi? Fighting while reading book :) :)

Oct 2018
skipping chapters is no good for this webtoon it will affect the characters development and harder for us to understand the storytelling.
“You can always die. It's living that takes real courage." - Himura Kenshin”

Jun 2019
AnimeFA78N said:
Okay guys i need to ask something
hows this episode is compare to TOG Episode 1?
pls give me your thoughts?

Imo it was way better than the first episode of TOG.
Jul 6, 2020 11:44 AM
May 2017
nightcrawlercyp said:
MegamiRem said:
Dust_Eyezz said:
Go back to your cave kiddo, if u are so old maybe you shouldn't watch anime and be a part of society instead of arguing with us on the forums. Maybe you should show your work first instead of bluffing and demanding somebodies work...

I do not bluff.. I did provide my work but if you need an exact link here: https://www.deviantart.com/nightcrawlercyp Also that is the lamest comeback ever. What has my hobbies to do with my job? I earn an acceptable paycheck but I do not consider my job as something that defines me.
After taking a look at your deviantart I think there is no need for me to say anything more, it speaks for itself.
Jul 6, 2020 11:49 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
I reckoned I probably wouldn't like this show too much considering the themes and genre and... ehh yeah no I'll probably skip this. Jut far too many things I dislike in anime in the same place here

Might give it another episode or two just in case but I'm not too optimistic
Jul 6, 2020 11:50 AM
May 2018
Omg what an episode... honestly wasn't expecting that much....but I was surprised...the action scenes were fire🔥🔥🔥...I was very sad that I gotta wait for aot season 5...but after Watching tbe first ep of goh I became relieved that it will definitely entertain me nd make me forget abt waiting for aot😂😂
Jul 6, 2020 11:50 AM

Jun 2015
Decent first episode. The fights are cool, the animations are fluid, but not a fan of the OP. This first episode is already better than the entirety of TOG.
Jul 6, 2020 11:55 AM

Aug 2012
Dust_Eyezz said:
nightcrawlercyp said:

After taking a look at your deviantart I think there is no need for me to say anything more, it speaks for itself.
And still you have provided nothing of your work but you insult me. who is bluffing now lil one?
Jul 6, 2020 11:55 AM

Jul 2019
nightcrawlercyp said:
Dust_Eyezz said:
Arifureta and good story? What did u smoke? Arifureta is the most generic garbage ever? It's like any other Isekai betray kinda stuff? Have you even watched the same arifureta as me? African meme movies have better CGI...
Then maybe you should rewatch it... not very generic from my pov. about CGI... is clear you grew up with movies that abuse CGI and that look like garbage so you have no idea how real stuff should look like.
VP2003boi said:
oh its obvius you dont know anything about animation, do you even know the basic principles? like the famous 12? Because it really doesnt seem like it if you are mainly talking about physic laws, muscle and bones, i REALLY dought that in 20 years you know less than me who has just been interesting in animation in about a year, so no need to lie here. And you complain about the shading, and yea no shading, nope, none whatsoever, its not like the clothes were stupidly detailed with shade nope, obviusly not.

kid.. you are clearly out of your league. You read some stuff here and there and think you know animation. The first animation I did was on an HC computer... have you even heard of stuff like this? Also I am complaining of shading when it comes to faces which are more important than clothes in my humble opinion. And if you are such a big shot show something you made you consider good.
Honestly i i dont know what an HC computer is, i googled it and alot of stuff apeared, but the biggest one seemed that it just means home computer? Meh, i dont care, that argument is fucking trash, calling me a kid inst a very good one too, im pretty much a kid tho, im pretty young, but honestly i dont mind. Oh and i dont know how to draw, thats that mean anything? obviusly not, do you need to know how to cook like gordan ramsay to apreciate his food? Probably not right? And another example is yuichiro fukushi, he is my favourite animation producer, he doesnt know how to draw, but he knows which people KNOW how to draw, so yea that argument is also not that great. The shading on the faces, i can kinda see i guess, its industry average pretty much, not amazing yea.
Jul 6, 2020 12:00 PM

Aug 2015
roppuri said:

Idk about that, can be that MAPPA's people are just talented, i remember that OPM's animation (S1) is also not expensive according to them, just talented people in their makings.

Good point. I remember the OPM staff saying their budget wasn´t that high, however OPM is one of the best looking recent anime out there. Let´s hope it continues this way honestly, since this series seems to be focused on fighting rather than a deep story or something like that. Not that I mind that though.
Jul 6, 2020 12:14 PM
Mar 2017
MegamiRem said:
MGrid said:

What are you talking about? Better than DB. This shit is not better than anything cause literally after the timeskip it becomes a complete pile of shit. Don't even try to compare those two.
Reviving a character for a million time is perfectly fine lmao? and Yelling your lungs out makes u op?and these are not even the worst of the story.

DB at least knew what it was. It stayed faitful to itself from the begining till end. Goh on the other hand went from martial arts, to fucking god powers. If it stayed where it started we could actually argue here. But Goh literally got worse and worse after the timeskip. It peaked with Ragnarok and then just died. It is literally a dead story right now. You can love it as much as you want, but it should've stayed in its lane. It tried to be something it was never supposed to be and ruined the story completely. Author reseting shit tells you something in itself lmao.
Jul 6, 2020 12:14 PM

Jul 2019
roppuri said:
Pakumen- said:

The guy directing this is seong ho park, which is pretty much the shingo natsume (the guy who directed opm) of mappa, and crunchyroll tends to give a pretty decent production schedule so it would not surprise me if that it was the case and the "budget" was overall low.
Jul 6, 2020 12:16 PM
May 2020
Ok it was cool but tf is up with the presenters nose
Jul 6, 2020 12:17 PM

Apr 2016
It’s a nice start but it’s only the first episode, it’s still early.
Jul 6, 2020 12:18 PM
May 2018
Kinben69 said:
As a webtoon reader this felt rushed af. We just get thrown in there. Hope they do some explanation next episode.
Tbh I think this episode was used to draw people in (to non-webtoon readers) I will be EXTREMELY surprised if they don’t do like a flashback? (I guess) for the first couple chapters (i think you get what I mean though.)
Jul 6, 2020 12:21 PM

Aug 2012
VP2003boi said:
nightcrawlercyp said:

Honestly i i dont know what an HC computer is, i googled it and alot of stuff apeared, but the biggest one seemed that it just means home computer? Meh, i dont care, that argument is fucking trash, calling me a kid inst a very good one too, im pretty much a kid tho, im pretty young, but honestly i dont mind. Oh and i dont know how to draw, thats that mean anything? obviusly not, do you need to know how to cook like gordan ramsay to apreciate his food? Probably not right? And another example is yuichiro fukushi, he is my favourite animation producer, he doesnt know how to draw, but he knows which people KNOW how to draw, so yea that argument is also not that great. The shading on the faces, i can kinda see i guess, its industry average pretty much, not amazing yea.
Is a very old computer, knew only qbasic 4 . Yes it means that maybe you do not understand certain principles of realistic drawing. No, but you do need to know some basic stuff to differentiate between good food and pretentious garbage which many city folks do not know... and cooking is the most basic skill of all... I mean you just follow the recipe for most part. If you have no idea about the process of drawing and animation how can you judge what is going on? you make little to no sense. Also do you have two accounts?
Jul 6, 2020 12:22 PM

Oct 2014
This was a good first episode. The pacing was consistently manic, the voice acting was frantic, and the art visually pops even though the animation can’t always keep up. The sound effects are punchy and the music sounds like someone made it cocaine. The OP is kind of a tire fire but I weirdly like it? The ED totally slaps.

If I rated it purely on enjoyment it’d get an 8/10.
Jul 6, 2020 12:28 PM
Nov 2015
I want to scream now.

THEY NAIT THE ANIMATIONS

AAHHHHHH
Jul 6, 2020 12:37 PM

Jul 2019
nightcrawlercyp said:
VP2003boi said:
Is a very old computer, knew only qbasic 4 . Yes it means that maybe you do not understand certain principles of realistic drawing. No, but you do need to know some basic stuff to differentiate between good food and pretentious garbage which many city folks do not know... and cooking is the most basic skill of all... I mean you just follow the recipe for most part. If you have no idea about the process of drawing and animation how can you judge what is going on? you make little to no sense. Also do you have two accounts?
uhmmm no i dont have 2 accounts. Saying cooking is the most basic skill of all is tecnicly correct and wrong at the same time, if it was so easy why do you think there is so many "pretentious garbage" when people can just follow the recipe, like you said, its never that simple. The computer is, again, not a good argument, first you knowing a computer isnt a good correlation to you knowing something about drawing, yes most animation is done in computers (although in japan is still mostly paper), does that mean that knowing an old computer make you know about animation? No, i could also ask my grampa about that and maybe he would know that computer, does he know how to draw? No. I also said i didnt know how to draw, i not that i didnt understand the basic principals of animation, and the process of japanese animation to be precise, because i do know, i search for that, like how you draw, i search for animation as a hobby. i dont see any bad of doing it, i saw your drawings, are they that impressive? No. Will i judge you for it? No, because honestly im much worse. Does that mean i know less than you about animation, obviusly not. If you want to learn more about animation, go to sakugabooru and hit the random button until you actually understand what animation is. To see the process of animation i recomend the strive for animation channel. There are also alot of people on twitter that show and talk about japanese animation, like randomsakuga, kvin, purplegeth, ashita, and alot others
Jul 6, 2020 12:38 PM
Apr 2020
LOL its the same as TOG fast pace and they took a lot of dialogue and important stuff out, if they ever adapt THE BREAKER i hope they'll do it justice
Jul 6, 2020 12:41 PM

Apr 2017
One of the best first episodes of anything I've seen in a while.
cunnysseur
Jul 6, 2020 12:49 PM

Oct 2018
That was actually a decent start

It has started pretty slowly, but became intense quickly
Jul 6, 2020 12:52 PM

Aug 2010
Pacing is crazy fast. Judging by that, the 13 episode count, and the visual teaser they've put out, I'm thinking they're gonna try and cover the entire first arc in 13 episodes which will be...interesting.
Jul 6, 2020 12:52 PM

Sep 2011
GoH is a series that I hold really dearly and as someone who has been waiting for an adaptation to this for a few years, I couldn't have been more satisfied than I am now after watching this episode. Very fast paced but still didn't feel rushed at all. Amazingly adapted.

Now, I know they have a lot of content to adapt and only 13 episodes to cram all that stuff. I do expect some cut content and some rushed episodes down the line, but for now I'm just happy they are doing it justice.
Jul 6, 2020 12:53 PM
Feb 2020
MGrid said:
MegamiRem said:
Reviving a character for a million time is perfectly fine lmao? and Yelling your lungs out makes u op?and these are not even the worst of the story.

DB at least knew what it was. It stayed faitful to itself from the begining till end. Goh on the other hand went from martial arts, to fucking god powers. If it stayed where it started we could actually argue here. But Goh literally got worse and worse after the timeskip. It peaked with Ragnarok and then just died. It is literally a dead story right now. You can love it as much as you want, but it should've stayed in its lane. It tried to be something it was never supposed to be and ruined the story completely. Author reseting shit tells you something in itself lmao.

You hit on the nail right there. The story of GoH is dead right now.
Jul 6, 2020 1:00 PM
Jul 2014
I had a sinking and bad feeling within the first 10 minutes of the first episode of Tower of God. I ended up disliking that show immensely and couldn’t even finish it.

This, however, is pretty good. Nothing had me rolling my eyes, and whilst the story is rather simplistic (so far), we are being treated to some pretty animation. Looking forward to what’s in store!
Nick-Nick-NickJul 6, 2020 1:04 PM
Jul 6, 2020 1:10 PM

Apr 2020
The animation, the voice acting, and the music are on point. I also like the OP and ED. Though compared to the original, the pacing seems too fast. Hopefully, this is the case just for the first episode. (I seriously don't want another ToG fiasco). I have faith in Mappa though, maybe they can pull this off even with this number of episodes to work with.

Overall it was a fun and action-packed episode, I really enjoyed it.
Jul 6, 2020 1:11 PM
Jul 2019

Yu Mira's fanservices
Jul 6, 2020 1:12 PM

Mar 2020
Wow this was great. I'm glad, I had high hopes and I wasn't let down! Much much better than ToG!

I didn't read the webtoon so I don't know what they left out, it was fine for a first episode, I hope things will be explained later. Thinking about it, it did seem very fast, but I enjoyed it. But I do hope they improve the pacing later.

It was surprisingly funny for me, my kinda comedy!
"If you accept everything you're told without question, you'll lose your ability to think.
Even if you reached the same conclusion, it would still be worth analysing the reasons behind it."

- Lacie Baskerville, Pandora Hearts
Jul 6, 2020 1:15 PM

Sep 2018
If this webtoon and ToG were hyped this much, I don't want to experience rest of them.
Jul 6, 2020 1:25 PM
Jun 2016
The action scenes are definetely going to be amazing. I really like that it still has the overall vibe that the webtoon has. The music choice reminds me of 2015 when electronic music was so big. Hopefully, people give tgoh a shot especially since tog got shat on. 10/10 first episode
Jul 6, 2020 1:28 PM
Feb 2019
Haven't read the webtoon for this but don't really like how it's being compared to Tower of God. They're both completely different stories in different genres. Their source materials were loved for different reasons. TOG for it's grand story and GOH for it's action.

So for what it is, it seems it adapted it's first episode better than TOG which isn't hard anyway considering TOG was full of story details from the get-go. If you's like action you's will probably love this.

I'm really interested in seeing what amazing webtoons they'll adapt in the future. It's a new era of anime, it's a good thing too since anime was starting to get a bit stale lately with it's same old sh*t every season. Let's hope Korean material is able to bring something new to anime.
Jul 6, 2020 1:29 PM

Aug 2019
This anime is a piece of garbage. Those two chads and glasses girl look more like some mix of fujoshi's wet fantasies vs street fighter.
Jul 6, 2020 1:40 PM
Apr 2020
SirTristram said:
If this webtoon and ToG were hyped this much, I don't want to experience rest of them.

Imagine seeing boku no hero academia episode 1 and saying you don't want to experience the rest of anime/manga
Jul 6, 2020 1:41 PM

Mar 2010
Hmm I thoroughly enjoyed it. At first It felt like they tried a bit too hard to make this upbeat but I just got rid of my cringy elitist mindset and decided to enjoy the ride.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jul 6, 2020 1:44 PM

Feb 2019
It's certainly the best animated thing of the season so far by a massive mile. It does, unfortunately, share the rest of the season's trend so far in not having any kind of plot, and nearly every character being a screaming ninny. Or perhaps it'd be more accurate to say that it has three plots, and only the most tenuous connection between them.

It starts off with corrupt, uh, publishers I guess, lounging on a remote island, plotting to overthrow the government, except that the government is a dude who can psychically squash islands apparently. That's then dropped so we can check in with a kid who has a thing for helping old people chasing a mugger on a bike, running into what I assume are going to be his buddies, which include one screaming girl, a screaming rapper, and the rarest gift of all, just some quiet, competent dude. At that point, they get half dropped from the show to switch to a montage of the titular tournament. By the time focus switches back to a named character rather than demo reels of randos, the episode unceremoniously ends.
Jul 6, 2020 1:49 PM

Apr 2009
I legit didn't expect it to be so much fun. Too early to say it's "good", but it's a blast to watch and those ~20 minutes went by in a blink of an eye.

wtb ep 2
like, right now

Pages (10) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » The God of High School Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KANLen09 - Aug 10, 2020

173 by --Kiyotaka-- »»
May 10, 9:26 AM

Poll: » The God of High School Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

bcra - Aug 3, 2020

239 by --Kiyotaka-- »»
Apr 29, 7:21 PM

Poll: » The God of High School Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Jul 27, 2020

291 by --Kiyotaka-- »»
Apr 29, 6:51 PM

Poll: » The God of High School Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Jul 20, 2020

269 by --Kiyotaka-- »»
Apr 22, 6:51 PM

Poll: » The God of High School Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Jul 13, 2020

287 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 17, 4:59 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.