Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
May 23, 2020 11:20 AM

Nov 2018
Loved the comedy and shoujo in this episode, top notch stuff

Please show your love for my Kiss x Sis manga review here. It will only take you 2 minutes of your time 🙏🙏
Check out my list of emojis you can copy and paste in the forums here. List will expand in the future.
May 23, 2020 11:21 AM

Jul 2017
That was incredibly cringey to watch, and for me one of the weakest episode of this series so far (and is a shining example of why the series has completely lost its charm for me). Couldn't even enjoy a second of it, let alone laugh or even crack a smile. Had some solid directing but the mixed feeling of boredom and awkwardness with its incredibly forced comedy hampered that. 1.5/5 episode.
May 23, 2020 11:24 AM

Aug 2016
My god this was an awesome episode. Probably the best episode overall even if I consider the season 1. It was just non-stop laughing with a stupid grin in my face.
10/5
May 23, 2020 11:24 AM
Panzer Vor!

Jun 2014
Oh dude i laughed my ass off lmao what a incredible episode.
lucio54May 23, 2020 11:33 AM
May 23, 2020 11:25 AM
Nov 2017
Episodes like this is exactly the reason why i watch kaguya-sama
May 23, 2020 11:29 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Chika sure was fast on the teasing lol. Still the reaction from Ishigami though was just unexpectedly hillarious. The results of the first battle though sure did heavy mental damage to Shirogane. Miko though sure always ends up walking in at the most inopportune of moments between Kaguya and Shirogane though. Miko though sure has her hands full trying to get used to how the council works though thats for sure. The re imagining of Kaguya's relationship with the prez and Ishigami into a shojo manga format sure was fun.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 23, 2020 11:32 AM
May 2020
animejas said:
That was incredibly cringey to watch, and for me one of the weakest episode of this series so far (and is a shining example of why the series has completely lost its charm for me). Couldn't even enjoy a second of it, let alone laugh or even crack a smile. Had some solid directing but the mixed feeling of boredom and awkwardness with its incredibly forced comedy hampered that. 1.5/5 episode.

I mean, comedy is subjective and all, but what part about it exactly was "awkward... incredibly forced comedy"? This kinda comedy is legitimately the entirety of the show since episode 1.
May 23, 2020 11:33 AM

Jan 2017
That was such a phenomenal episodes! All the skits were funny and enjoyable with the shoujo section of the episode catching me off-guard.
May 23, 2020 11:34 AM
Apr 2020
Does the shoujo manga they talk about even exist? Because the style reminded me of Io Sakisaka's manga
May 23, 2020 11:35 AM
Mar 2020
The episodes keep getting better and better. Last episode was already a 10, this one flew by, I was laughing too much.
May 23, 2020 11:42 AM

May 2015
Always gotta have that one contrarian in every episode discussion. xD

May 23, 2020 11:48 AM

Jul 2017
bobbychan12 said:
animejas said:

I mean, comedy is subjective and all, but what part about it exactly was "awkward... incredibly forced comedy"? This kinda comedy is legitimately the entirety of the show since episode 1.

It was solid at the start for me but it's been beaten to death. It's like I'm watching Friends, where at the start I thought the comedy was solid but as it got on, the jokes started to completely misfire for me personally and they'd just do more and more and more per episode. It's always been about the comedy but now I feel like since the jokes aren't working for me, its like it's being crammed down in a way. From the voice acting with Chika to some other jokes, they're not funny for me but they keep on pushing with it so it comes across forced. I don't mind if others love it and I can understand, but for me, this show has lost its touch.

And as a guy who loves Gintama as one of his favorites, and loves Grand Blue and Saiki Kusuo no Psi nan, I love my dumb comedy stuff. So seeing a show completely lose its appeal on a comedic and even a charming romantic standpoint is really disheartening in a way like with this. Especially since I really did think it was solid at the start.
May 23, 2020 11:50 AM
May 2020
A1 Pictures deserves so much credit for the clever and creative animation decisions they use to amplify the comedy. For example, when Kaguya was dropping the tea on Shirogane and when Shirogane was crying after reading the Shoujo manga. Plus all the deadpan faces when Fujiwara broke the well-executed shoujo manga scenes were hilarious bits of contrast that was paired with contrast in the voice acting. Shirogane's voice acting this episode was absolutely sensational, as was the whole casts. This episode took everything that makes Kaguya-sama great and turned it up to 11. Iino's involvement with the crew is hilarious and the choice of chapters really came together and was well picked. Tough to say but this episode probably made me laugh the most out of them all. When I think there's nowhere else to go they manage to step it up each and every episode.
May 23, 2020 11:55 AM

Apr 2020
Poor Iino is only a few weeks into the job and she's already traumatized XD

I was laughing so much that this episode flew by. I lost it when Ishigami and Shirogane ended up going to the aquarium together.
May 23, 2020 11:58 AM
Oct 2015
animejas said:

oNe of tHe wEaKesT ePisOde of tHis sErieE sO fAr
I see you hate Kaguya episode every week man, I don't know what's the point of you saying that bullshit as if you have ever enjoyed it, just drop Kaguya, don't torture yourself watching things that make you upset.
Ah forget it, you will definitely say something like all the elitist critics of this shitty MAL community always say ""I will finish what I started""
May 23, 2020 12:02 PM
May 2020
I don't know why but the shoujo segment at the end kind of ruined it for me. Correct me if I'm wrong, Kaguya's heart skipped a beat for Ishigami just because she read some shoujo manga and he looked cool and gave her attention (in her POV ) ...this kind of makes her love for Shirogane feel superficial because we had Shirogane outright rejecting Hayasaka when she proposed this makes her totally undeserving of Shirogane's affection. [ From the posts I can see that a lot of people loved the shoujo part, maybe I got something wrong since I have never watched one]
El_Diablo_69May 23, 2020 11:55 PM
May 23, 2020 12:10 PM

Nov 2018
When the ending showed the episode felt really short but the Shoujo part after that was good. Big thanks to A-1 Pictures for the animation choices they made especially with the end of the episode with those character designs and the voice acting was on point too.

Starting off with the underwear and boxer jokes, that was just so hilarious IDK how else to describe it. The part where Shirogane was trying to make Kaguya read the Shoujo manga was funny when Fujiwara was spoiling the ending and her mouth got taped shut. Shirogane and Ishigami were then also talking about the manga and then both of their mouths got taped shut after lol.

Throughout the whole episode, Miko is very confused and probably traumatized after what she saw today. I feel bad for her.

[font="\"Helvetica Neue\", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif"]I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.[/font]

[/center]
May 23, 2020 12:12 PM
Jan 2020
00:12 Ah, yes of course, starting the episode with P A N T S U.
01:39 one vote for Yuu!
04:29 "exchange presents of underwear" Hayasaka is filling Kaguya's head with cool things :3
05:54 O ERO KOTO
07:23 Yuu quit wearing briefs, adaptation 100 :v
11:16 Kaguya demanded for a 3-some!
11:46 I wanna read that tear jerker too :>
15:08 All spoiler-men derserve having their mouth shut 👍👍👍
24:05 Ishigami has just gone out for a date with Shirogane, indeed best girl :>
06:40 10:52 15:06 The recurring joke about Iino misunderstanding the Student Council =)
May 23, 2020 12:16 PM

Sep 2018
Didn't really vibe with the first and second part, third part was okay. The after credit part really sold it for me.
Also, Chika likes Sumo, solidifying her as my favourite character.
Stop wasting time on MAL, go watch Planet With!
May 23, 2020 12:21 PM
Apr 2018
From thorough analysis on Underwear's & researching on raging lustful hormones of boys leading to hand holding & massaging to a surprising shoujo manga theme setting. The variety is all here and loving it all.
Hayasaka with her knowledge on "Se" and her tiny but good moments as always make the scenes much better with kaguya
Poor Miko, she should be awarded with the "Entering at the worst timing" award xD
But i hope she gets more screentime and development rather than just appearing at random times, she has potential to be a good character.

My favorite moment was them taping each others mouths for spoilers and arguing over it while mumbling.

Finally coming to the shoujo theme part, yea it was funny & interesting to see the boys in that mode, but yea i ofc felt weirded out seeing them out of their setting because we like them for who they are, especially ishigami i was like laughing and awkwardly looking at his lines and behavior "like wtf ishigami?", also Chika constantly butting in and ruining the romantic environment made it more comical xD
But overall they gave us a refreshing rare outlook in between the main story, really appreciate and enjoyed this.
Also special props to the Voice actors, man they do such a amazing job to keep up with the expressions and deliver the lines properly. Narrator as always top tier performance, Salute.
This series just keeps getting better & better, cant wait for next episode
May 23, 2020 12:22 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
They did an awesome job with the shoujo manga adaptation. Loved it. They just nailed it. Chika was just the queen of chaos again too.

On the other hand, I didnt like the translations they used for the boxers chapter. Not that this was bad, far from it...It just came out even funnier in the manga IMO.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

May 23, 2020 12:23 PM

Mar 2014
Some of my fave chapters animated again. Shoujo manga syndrome lmao we've all been there

I have a feeling that the massage chapter was a bit longer but I could be wrong I can't remember that well. Shirogane's reactions were priceless in all the skits LOL. It was a tremendously fun and hilarious episode <3
May 23, 2020 12:23 PM

Jul 2015
Sex jokes are funny hahaha

May 23, 2020 12:24 PM

Apr 2014

This episode was beyond hilarious. I laughed out loud almost through the entire episode and the shoujo version of the anime was brilliant. And poor Iino, walking on those ambiguous situations through the entire episode XD
May 23, 2020 12:38 PM

Oct 2018
All I can say is that: Welcome to the student council, Miko. ≧∇≦
May 23, 2020 12:38 PM
May 2020
animejas said:
bobbychan12 said:

It was solid at the start for me but it's been beaten to death. It's like I'm watching Friends, where at the start I thought the comedy was solid but as it got on, the jokes started to completely misfire for me personally and they'd just do more and more and more per episode. It's always been about the comedy but now I feel like since the jokes aren't working for me, its like it's being crammed down in a way. From the voice acting with Chika to some other jokes, they're not funny for me but they keep on pushing with it so it comes across forced. I don't mind if others love it and I can understand, but for me, this show has lost its touch.

And as a guy who loves Gintama as one of his favorites, and loves Grand Blue and Saiki Kusuo no Psi nan, I love my dumb comedy stuff. So seeing a show completely lose its appeal on a comedic and even a charming romantic standpoint is really disheartening in a way like with this. Especially since I really did think it was solid at the start.

Fair. I think for me the voice acting (not specifically with Chika but with Kaguya and other characters as well) were the original stuff that hooked me in, and I still find the jokes pretty damn funny, but I think that really is a matter of taste.
The only thing I'd really disagree with you on is the romance part. I feel that the romance has only been getting more charming in this second season. Much more honesty and pseudo confession scenes from both Shirogane and Kaguya, and it's really cute lol.
May 23, 2020 12:42 PM

Jul 2017
bobbychan12 said:
animejas said:

Fair. I think for me the voice acting (not specifically with Chika but with Kaguya and other characters as well) were the original stuff that hooked me in, and I still find the jokes pretty damn funny, but I think that really is a matter of taste.
The only thing I'd really disagree with you on is the romance part. I feel that the romance has only been getting more charming in this second season. Much more honesty and pseudo confession scenes from both Shirogane and Kaguya, and it's really cute lol.

I can respect that. I didn't like the romance parts since the comedy being subjectively tedious to sit through made those what would have been special moments, just come across in a negative fashion. Anyway I've decided to just finish the season in a better mindset when its all over, and I've dropped the manga too for a breather and maybe when its fully done, I'll change my mind and pick it up again.
May 23, 2020 1:12 PM
Feb 2019
ShiroHachi said:
animejas said:

I see you hate Kaguya episode every week man, I don't know what's the point of you saying that bullshit as if you have ever enjoyed it, just drop Kaguya, don't torture yourself watching things that make you upset.
Ah forget it, you will definitely say something like all the elitist critics of this shitty MAL community always say ""I will finish what I started""

Well, elitists, aka shitty taste, have the spiritual need to shit without logical reason, so of course he is gonna keep talking about the "worst episode of the series" week in and week out.
May 23, 2020 1:34 PM

Feb 2020
this is probably the funniest episodes ever omg

i was so confused when the ed came early but the ishigami and shirogane with shinomiya sjsj then chika coming along lmao
May 23, 2020 1:36 PM

Sep 2011
Anime onlys, welcome you to the start of the Miko Bullying, enjoy your stay.

Pretty much regardless of what they chose to adapt and what order they do going foreword here save for the obvious big arc everyone is hyping up (maybe a bit too much), I dont think there are gonna be any weak segments for the rest of this season, I feel like every chapter left is a banger, I think the only concern is if they skip anything.
JizzyHitlerMay 23, 2020 2:53 PM

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

May 23, 2020 1:44 PM

Feb 2018
Not many anime get me to actually laugh out loud, but that entire shoujo section after the credits was hysterical. Shirogane was utterly confused by Kaguya's "For me, this place is an aquarium." rejection.
*Mourning the disappointment of The Promised Neverland season 2.*
May 23, 2020 1:46 PM

Nov 2013
Best episode in the season to me so far xD have to re-watch it now... xD
May 23, 2020 2:02 PM
Apr 2019
It's done, I don't care if Attack On Titan, Haikyuu, and others are coming out later this year. Kaguya-sama Love Is War S2 is anime of the year, change my mind.
May 23, 2020 2:02 PM

May 2020
Like many others have said, probably the funniest episode in the entire series. Every second of this episode had me cringing and laughing in the best possible way, especially Shirogane’s voice actor; he definitely made the episode for me.

Also, it hasn’t even been a week since she joined, but poor Miko.
May 23, 2020 2:07 PM

May 2018
this is the funniest shit I have ever watched lol

poor Miko she has been traumatised for life every time she opens the Student Council door. She hasn't even set foot in the room yet xD
May 23, 2020 2:20 PM
Jun 2007
I don't know how they keep on doing this.
Week after week, every episode of this season is better than the last.
No matter how good the episode, thinking "This was the best episode so far", and then they make an even better episode the following week.

Sasuga, A1. You magnificent bastards.
May 23, 2020 2:27 PM
Apr 2018
The last part had me on my knees. That was damn hilarious. That sums up the cliche shoujo manga tropes.
May 23, 2020 2:45 PM

Mar 2016
Man I laughed way too hard during this episode, especially during the Miko misunderstandings and the shoujo shit take.....to where my family and neighbors legit got pissed as hell........RIP xDDD

And I'm usually good at controlling myself while laughing to a certain degree, too

Just not for this particular episode :P
May 23, 2020 2:52 PM
Jun 2017
A1-Pictures went so far that they properly did character designs for the shoujo versions of the characters. Amazing how much love and effort this adaptation is getting 10/10 episode
May 23, 2020 2:52 PM
Jan 2013
O kawaii koto ^^
hahaha
May 23, 2020 3:18 PM

Sep 2013
Saga22 said:
ShiroHachi said:

Well, elitists, aka shitty taste, have the spiritual need to shit without logical reason, so of course he is gonna keep talking about the "worst episode of the series" week in and week out.

I've learned that there are weird people in this world that have the time to hate-watch things that they don't like. It's one thing to have an opinion and share it.. But, clearly taking 20 minutes of your day every week to watch something you know you won't like is beyond my understanding.
May 23, 2020 3:25 PM

Oct 2019
This has got to be the best Kaguya-sama episode yet, absolutely loved it I laughed at every second lmao
May 23, 2020 3:35 PM

Mar 2019
This was the funniest episode so far. Made me laugh a lot. Love it. Dat manga style though... Something complete new. Need more such episodes and stlye
May 23, 2020 4:11 PM

Sep 2009
And now poor Iino thinks she got in a secret perverts den insted of a student council.
May 23, 2020 4:19 PM

Jul 2017
This episode was pure gold. Easily the best of the season, probably the best of the animated series so far. I haven't laughed so hard for such a long time. 6/5.
May 23, 2020 4:24 PM

May 2014
Hilarious. The shoujo manga visual change was simply fantastic.
May 23, 2020 4:38 PM
May 2019
Each episode somehow manages to get even better than the previous one. It's totally top tier, the best comedy I know.
May 23, 2020 4:44 PM

Dec 2013
Poor Iino got completely traumatised by the misunderstandings lol

Everyone going full Shoujo manga was amazing.
May 23, 2020 4:53 PM
Jun 2019
FMmatron said:
Ngl, episode started off pretty degenerate lmao. Great stuff again, especially the shoujo segment.

I was thinking the same thing, but loved it nonetheless lmao
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai?: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2020

367 by Temho »»
Yesterday, 11:44 AM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai?: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 13, 2020

256 by sainazrb »»
May 9, 8:36 AM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai?: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

shanimebib - Jun 20, 2020

665 by aoo-kun »»
Mar 31, 6:36 AM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai?: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2020

291 by kayiu102 »»
Feb 25, 12:15 PM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai?: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 2, 2020

296 by Kier_Reference »»
Jan 31, 7:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.