Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 20, 2020 8:29 AM
Jul 2018

This year's 12th and 13th combined issue of Hana to Yume magazine published the final chapter of Dai Shiina's Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushii (The World is Still Beautiful) manga on Wednesday. The 25th and final volume will be released on August 20 with special editions on both print and digital release.

Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushii began as two one-shots on Hana to Yume magazine's seventh 2009 issue and on the 13th 2011 issue before it began regular serialization in 2012. The adventure of Shiina's fantasy romance manga began from the invitation of Sun Kingdom's young king Livius to wed Princess Nike who holds the power to bring forth rain. Hakusensha released the 24th and latest compiled manga volume on Wednesday.

Studio Pierrot adapted the manga into a 12-episode TV anime that aired between April and June 2014. The anime was simulcast by Crunchyroll and Sentai Filmworks released it on Blu-ray and DVD in North America in October 2015.

Source: Comic Natalie
VindstotMay 20, 2020 11:23 AM
May 20, 2020 9:16 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Damn, it's been so long since I completed the TV Anime.

Here's to hoping this'll prompt a 2nd Season but most likely not, sadly.

I was under the impression that this finished a long time back though, for some reason. Would love to get back to this someday...
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

May 20, 2020 10:38 AM

Oct 2017
Damn nostalgia, gonna rewatch the anime someday soon.
May 20, 2020 10:47 AM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
Based on the anime alone, I was surprised to find the manga was still going last summer—wondering how could they possibly still have content to write about?!—and randomly marathoned all the chapters that were out on a whim. Some parts of the series were super cute, and Livi's independent growth as a character separate from Nike added much more value than the early chapters/anime adaptation could. That said, I certainly felt afterwards that it was time for the series to reach its conclusion, to prevent needless dragging. Happy to see it wrap up and am curious to see what'll replace it in the next issue.
KinetaMay 20, 2020 11:38 AM
May 20, 2020 11:17 AM

Mar 2017
I´m so glad that this manga is ending. Recent chapters are so awful, boring and full of nonsense. Honestly if it wouldn´t be ending right now I would drop it.
May 20, 2020 1:07 PM

Feb 2014
oml finally how many years has it been stagnating lol, time to pick up the manga again

"For the sake of humankind, I forsake my humanity." - Cherry
May 20, 2020 3:55 PM
Feb 2016
Wish they'd continue the anime
May 21, 2020 9:55 AM
Jan 2015
Foxyclaws said:
I´m so glad that this manga is ending. Recent chapters are so awful, boring and full of nonsense. Honestly if it wouldn´t be ending right now I would drop it.

I agree, it’s just getting so repetitive. Livi and Nike were together and then They weren’t. Bc she got kidnapped or something (Again). It so sad to see this manga take this route because I really enjoyed this anime and the manga up to like chapter 40 Things started to go down hill after that one arc where Nike was poisoned by Ursula(?) I just want Nike and livi to be together and live happily ever after :’(
May 21, 2020 12:38 PM
May 2020
Angie-Sama_ said:
Foxyclaws said:

I agree, it’s just getting so repetitive. Livi and Nike were together and then They weren’t. Bc she got kidnapped or something (Again). It so sad to see this manga take this route because I really enjoyed this anime and the manga up to like chapter 40 Things started to go down hill after that one arc where Nike was poisoned by Ursula(?) I just want Nike and livi to be together and live happily ever after :’(

Ok. That sounds kinda bad. I really liked the manga and was hoping for Livi to grow up. I was wondering why the manga dragged on for so long and what kind of development went on, but I guess it wasn't that great (then again, Nisekoi went bad real quick as well). I think I'm still gonna re-read the manga since it's been years, but if it gets really bad I might as well skip and read the final chapters.
May 21, 2020 12:59 PM
Jan 2015
Nagi-chanYT said:
Angie-Sama_ said:

Ok. That sounds kinda bad. I really liked the manga and was hoping for Livi to grow up. I was wondering why the manga dragged on for so long and what kind of development went on, but I guess it wasn't that great (then again, Nisekoi went bad real quick as well). I think I'm still gonna re-read the manga since it's been years, but if it gets really bad I might as well skip and read the final chapters.

I've only read up to chapter 114 so far, but Livi does have quite a bit of character development. It's during the arc that I mentioned above. The reason why I said it went downhill was that it felt dragged on for soooooo long. It started at chapter 50ish and then didn't end until around chapter 70? I don't remember. But what I do remember is how long it felt and it didn't need to be that long XD

TBH I really thought no one knew about this manga and people forgot about the anime. It's refreshing seeing that people haven't yet!

I still want my season 2...
May 21, 2020 1:10 PM
May 2020
Angie-Sama_ said:
Nagi-chanYT said:

I've only read up to chapter 114 so far, but Livi does have quite a bit of character development. It's during the arc that I mentioned above. The reason why I said it went downhill was that it felt dragged on for soooooo long. It started at chapter 50ish and then didn't end until around chapter 70? I don't remember. But what I do remember is how long it felt and it didn't need to be that long XD

TBH I really thought no one knew about this manga and people forgot about the anime. It's refreshing seeing that people haven't yet!

Haha, sorry I misunderstood^^ I got to know the manga through the anime as well and I liked it a lot because Livi and Nike are both likeable characters. I don't know how far I read. I do remember there was somewhat of a desert arc where Nike and Livi were apart for quite a while, but I didn't read on afterwards because I didn't want to wait for every single chapter (if I did that with every manga...). I just want to see how it ends. I mean, who wouldn't want to see Livi as a full grown man courting his beautiful wife<33 And I still listen to the song "A Tender Rain" whenever I'm stretching^^
May 21, 2020 1:30 PM
Jan 2015
Nagi-chanYT said:
Angie-Sama_ said:

Haha, sorry I misunderstood^^ I got to know the manga through the anime as well and I liked it a lot because Livi and Nike are both likeable characters. I don't know how far I read. I do remember there was somewhat of a desert arc where Nike and Livi were apart for quite a while, but I didn't read on afterwards because I didn't want to wait for every single chapter (if I did that with every manga...). I just want to see how it ends. I mean, who wouldn't want to see Livi as a full grown man courting his beautiful wife<33 And I still listen to the song "A Tender Rain" whenever I'm stretching^^

It's such a beautiful song! I will most likely finish reading the manga and hope that the ending makes up for everything. I really do wanna see Livi all grown up and ruling the kingdom happily with Nike and maybe a kid or 2 (wishful thinking) :))
May 21, 2020 1:34 PM
May 2020
Angie-Sama_ said:
Nagi-chanYT said:

It's such a beautiful song! I will most likely finish reading the manga and hope that the ending makes up for everything. I really do wanna see Livi all grown up and ruling the kingdom happily with Nike and maybe a kid or 2 (wishful thinking) :))

Yeah, that would be great. Not seeing both of them all grown up with a family would be such a disappointment. But I think the ending will be great^_^
Jun 7, 2020 2:58 PM

Mar 2014
Well time to pick up the manga.
Dec 19, 2021 1:49 AM
Dec 2021
I just finished the manga (yes that now) and I did not understand very well the end, nike and livius finish together?
Dec 24, 2021 9:12 AM
Apr 2021
jfhfjvhdu said:
I just finished the manga (yes that now) and I did not understand very well the end, nike and livius finish together?

I am wondering the same.I just took a look at it after start reading the manga where the anime left but it was a dissapointment.I don't even know who those characters were on the bed on the last pic😨I feel like every manga I start reading after watched the anime,ends with me feeling disappointment and bit of sadness too.So it's better if an anime doesn't have an ending than reading the final ending in the manga

More topics from this board

» 'Tsue to Tsurugi no Wistoria' Unveils Additional Pair of Cast

Hyperion_PS - 4 hours ago

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
4 hours ago

» Smartphone Game 'Garena Free Fire' Gets Anime Project

Hyperion_PS - May 12

43 by Nightleon »»
9 hours ago

» Manga 'Hanazakari no Kimitachi e' Gets Anime

DatRandomDude - May 14

39 by Yui_Suzumiya69 »»
Today, 12:36 AM

» 'Megami no Café Terrace Season 2' Reveals Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - May 14

17 by MegamiRem »»
Yesterday, 12:13 PM

» Winners of the 48th Kodansha Manga Awards

Snow - May 15

12 by Zedlin »»
Yesterday, 11:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.