Forum Settings
Forums

Key, Aniplex, P.A. Works Unveil 'Kamisama ni Natta Hi' Anime Project

New
May 10, 2020 3:07 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013

The Key, Aniplex, and P.A. Works new project press conference unveiled a new anime titled Kamisama ni Natta Hi (The Day I Became a God) on Sunday. The original anime series will debut in October 2020.

Screenwriter Jun Maeda—known for titles such as Angel Beats! and Charlotte—is credited as the original creator and scriptwriter for the new anime. Illustrator Na-Ga (Angel Beats!, Little Busters!) is in charge of the original character designs. A special program for the new anime will air on Tokyo MX on May 24 at 8:30 p.m., which will reveal more information.

The anime series centers on Hina, a girl who awakens as a God and foresees the "end of the world." She chooses a lone boy as her companion, who will spend time with her till the very end.

The new anime project marks the third collaboration between visual novel studio Key, animation production company Aniplex, and animation studio P.A. Works. The first collaboration, Angel Beats!, aired in 13 episodes in Spring 2010. Charlotte, the second collaboration, premiered in Summer 2015.

Teaser

Note: The video is region-locked; click here for an alternative link.

Official site: https://kamisama-day.jp/
Official Twitter: @kamisama_ch_ab

Source: PR Times

Kamisama ni Natta Hi on MAL
VindstotMay 10, 2020 4:58 PM

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 10, 2020 3:14 AM
Jul 2018
Yo, I know like there's not much information but I'm not gonna lie... I'm very interested to see how this will go. Tho for some reason I'm getting Harmonia vibes out of the outfit the character is using... so like, maybe it's just me overthinking a bit.
May 10, 2020 3:15 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
2010, 2015 and finally 2020! Wonder team for many, I imagine.

Pretty cool teaser there too!

I'm looking forward to this myself despite not necessarily being the biggest fan of the previous two works.

Edit: Synopsis (I think) is out!

https://twitter.com/kamisama_Ch_AB/status/1259426599708979200

Come to think of it, I saw that Charlotte is getting a new Blu-ray release disc slated for later this year this morning. Sounds like a fine idea from the creators to rack in some extra cash and late recognition too, I suppose.

https://twitter.com/RanobeSugoi/status/1259366707904180224
_MushiRock11_May 10, 2020 3:26 AM
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

May 10, 2020 3:16 AM
Oct 2018
I kinda like jun maeda works so im probably gonna stick around
May 10, 2020 3:20 AM
Jul 2018
_MushiRock11_ said:
2010, 2015 and finally 2020! Wonder team for many, I imagine.

Holy shit I didn't even noticed that until now what the hell xD
May 10, 2020 3:22 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Wasshio said:
Holy shit I didn't even noticed that until now what the hell xD

Somehow caught it from the news above. I usually happen to miss these little tidbits but I suppose this goes to show just how cool this is.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

May 10, 2020 3:39 AM
Apr 2016
If I said I do not have confidence in this, I would be subjecting everyone else to the understatement of the day.
Re:formed
May 10, 2020 3:48 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
I will always be hyped for more KEY/Jun Maeda despite Charlotte taking a shit by the end.
May 10, 2020 4:07 AM
Community Admin
sunny moment

May 2010
oh the collaborations have been five years apart, interesting! didn't even realise lmao

anyway pretty hyped for this even with the shortcomings in previous works.

I hope they will work on the pacing though if they're gonna once again go with one-cour. the worlds in charlotte and angel beats were absolutely rich with interesting stuff that they could've made content out of and since this is jun maeda, I have no doubt the premise of this one will be up to that standard.
May 10, 2020 4:18 AM

Jul 2017
Once again, Jun Maeda is a god in Key related stuff, always high hopes for his works with P.A. Works that are always hits (well, except Charlotte).

Nevertheless, the anime adaptation in Fall, that's quite soon though!

Even the teaser reeks total Angel Beats-ish emotions, got a feeling that this'll be good (but also fall back to Charlotte levels).

Still hyped about it in the months to come, and going back to the starting point for the 3rd collab in 10 years.
KANLen09May 10, 2020 4:24 AM
May 10, 2020 4:18 AM

May 2008
It's probably going to be bad. After Angel beats i don't think this guy can made anything good.
May 10, 2020 4:32 AM

Sep 2015
This means we won't be getting any new original SoL anime anytime soon. Sadface
Truth is absolute but human perception of truth is always relative.
May 10, 2020 4:34 AM

Apr 2015
I am most definitely looking forward to this, Nao Tomori (Charlotte) is still one of my favorite girls in all of Anime and I can't wait to see what the character designer will create this time around!!

For now I am going to keep my expectations a little low considering the current situation, but the teaser has kinda already sold me to atleast watch it, if it will come out that season...
May 10, 2020 4:40 AM

Sep 2014
So it's officially confirmed for this fall. I was afraid it would get delayed because of the outbreak. I'm so happy right now!
May 10, 2020 4:50 AM

Jul 2017
Ahh yes, i love stuff from Key and Jun Maeda, and by reading the synopsis, this is going to be a tear jerker, i can feel it. Bring it on, i can't wait!!

Dec 2017
Seems that summer pockets adaption is not going to come anytime soon, but nvm, i'm hype as well for this one
Playing Violet

Jun 2017
Really looking forward to this one~!^^
May 10, 2020 4:53 AM
No.1 Nahida Simp

Jan 2017
Key + P.A. Works again. Holy hell this is gonna be awesome.
May 10, 2020 5:18 AM

Jul 2015
Looks like we are going to get Jun Maeda + Key + PA Works Collab every five years.

HYPE!

May 10, 2020 6:18 AM

Sep 2011
I look forward to any work by Jun Maeda; however, I hope it's nothing like Charlotte.
May 10, 2020 6:24 AM
Aug 2014
So hyped for this!! I hope this has atleast 24 episodes and is not rushed like Charlotte was, even tho I did love Charlotte.
May 10, 2020 6:33 AM

Oct 2017
Ayy looking forward to this.
May 10, 2020 6:39 AM
May 2015
PLS DONT LET IT BE JUST 13 EPISODES
PLS DONT LET IT BE JUST 13 EPISODES
PLSSSSSSS DONT LET IT BE JUST 13 EPISODES!!!!

That's all I'm asking for 😣😣
jc9622May 10, 2020 7:08 AM

May 10, 2020 6:49 AM
Fuwa_san

Mar 2013
23 to 26 eps pretty please!!!
May 10, 2020 6:53 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014

Machine translation:

It's been 20 years since we launched the brand called Key. The anniversary year has passed very quietly. Perhaps if you are not a long-time fan, you probably did not realize that it was such a memorable milestone. I felt that temperature was so strong that I had to take the lead and pave the way to show that the brand called Key is still alive, without being overwhelmed by the glory of the past. . One of the projects was this project. That's because the culture of playing novel games on PCs is becoming obsolete. I'm a game creator, mochi is a mochi shop, and I'm very aware that people should be making games, but I'm grateful that I got another chance, so I was able to join the anime professionals to create a new era. We started this project in 2017 to create a key. It is a group of backwaters. If you make a mistake, the brand called Key could fall. But since I got the right to challenge, I thought I had no choice but to move forward.

Originally, I was a layman who had no experience of studying animation script or getting acquainted with it. Even on "Day of God," the first manuscript couldn't be written well, and it was in a terrible situation. Even if I heard the opinions of those around me, it was a painful thing that it could not be passed as a commercial work. Even so, maybe people felt something like the possibility, and people who tried to improve by saying "This is interesting" appeared. Those are the anime staff, with the director as the lead. I enthusiastically pointed out that I should do this, and I should do it, and I repeated the correction. There were days when I wondered why I was so enthusiastic about such an amateur. Nevertheless, it was about two and a half years that began in 2017, when I caught a glimpse of the encouraging encouragement and the seriousness of seriously trying to improve this work, and trying to respond to it seriously. The Toba producer received the keyword "return to the origin". I wrote a different scenario from the time of game production, in which I used "Angel Beats!" And "Charlotte" to throw in all the elements that could be thrown in as entertainment, such as the start of the war, bands, and different abilities. I haven't really talked about the meaning of "returning to the origin" in a deeper way, but I'm asking for a purely moving story, like when I was in "Kanon" or "AIR". Interpreted and wrote the script.

We sincerely hope that this will be a key step in the new era. Jun Maeda

Credit for the translation post to hyperclock255 from the Reddit thread.

Maybe someone of native language can also post his translation of this.
SmudyMay 10, 2020 6:57 AM
May 10, 2020 6:57 AM

Jan 2016
UMI

I hope, it gets +24 episodes that's all..
May 10, 2020 7:03 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Hmm looks interesting. I'm not hoping for a masterpiece but I hope this will be entertaining in some ways^^

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
May 10, 2020 7:13 AM

Sep 2014
90% sure it's going to be 13 episodes.
May 10, 2020 7:48 AM

Oct 2013
I hope Key just gives up on P.A. Works already. It'll just be a disaster I'm sure
they should just work with Kyoto Animation, J.C. STAFF or David Productions again instead
May 10, 2020 7:59 AM

Jul 2014
I'm ready to be torn apart emotionally by Maeda once again. Just, please give this 2-cours to avoid another Angel Beats and Charlotte situation. That's all I want.
May 10, 2020 8:12 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Mixed feelings for it, really liked Angel Beats but Charlotte sucked. I hope its 2-cour or at least its a story that's good enough for 13 episodes.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

May 10, 2020 8:38 AM

Aug 2008
I bet there will be a baseball episode somewhere down the line.
May 10, 2020 8:55 AM

Aug 2014
I will probably watch it, but I don’t have high hopes considering how terrible Charlotte was.
May 10, 2020 9:03 AM

Mar 2015
I wonder who the director might be, hopefully someone good that is used to work with P.A Works like Toshiya/Andou and not someone random that worked on some random episode of Angel Beats like they did for Charlotte.
May 10, 2020 11:53 AM

Dec 2015
Definitely my #1 most hyped upcoming show, more than SnK and more than Mushoku.
May 10, 2020 11:53 AM

Oct 2010
IkoiTsukishiro said:
Smudy said:

We started this project in 2017 to create a key. It is a group of backwaters. If you make a mistake, the brand called Key could fall. But since I got the right to challenge, I thought I had no choice but to move forward.

This explains the nonexistent 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th beats.

Smudy said:

The Toba producer received the keyword "return to the origin". I wrote a different scenario from the time of game production, in which I used "Angel Beats!" And "Charlotte" to throw in all the elements that could be thrown in as entertainment, such as the start of the war, bands, and different abilities. I haven't really talked about the meaning of "returning to the origin" in a deeper way, but I'm asking for a purely moving story, like when I was in "Kanon" or "AIR". Interpreted and wrote the script.

We sincerely hope that this will be a key step in the new era. Jun Maeda

This actually gives me a lot more hope for this 3rd collaboration. A BIG downfall with Angel Beats and especially Charlotte was that he was doing music for the bands, the opening, ending, and the background music in general. Because of this (which was more apparent in Charlotte due to two bands), the soundtrack wasn't as good overall compared to other Key works. The script was an issue too of course. Angel Beats had too many characters that were all useful but barely had screentime while Charlotte only had four main characters and of those four, only Yu became an actual use to the story.

With this story, it seems to be a simple sad story. So far, we only know of this girl and the guy she'll eventually meet. The synopsis doesn't seem to be leading up to a grand action-packed story like Angel Beats and Charlotte, but rather a simple story. The fact that this story as Maeda said goes back to how Kanon and Air were gives me a lot of hope. It's actually kind of funny he says that because this at the same time feels like Maeda's version of Rewrite. (Rewrite remake next please @ White Fox and then a Little Busters remake. I can dream) I've accepted that Maeda will probably not ever make another Clannad/Little Busters type of story again though if Aniplex continues only giving him 13 episodes.

I think Key in general needs to step away from their supernatural action stories (Rewrite, Angel Beats, Charlotte) and go back to their origin. This is why Summer Pockets is doing well for the company. And given that Aniplex will probably only give him 13 or so episodes, doing another big supernatural story like Angel Beats and Charlotte would be absolutely terrible. Especially if he adds bands and a baseball episode. Let's see what he delivers this time and if we can revive the Key anime brand. Fingers crossed.

You put my thoughts into words. I have a lot of hope if this is a true "return to origin" for Maeda-san. The were propping Maeda up pretty high during the stream and even gave him his own website ( https://kamisama-maeda-lab.com/ ). To me it seems like they're banking a lot on Maeda. I really hope this means they'll give him a proper budget (in other words, 2-cour).
May 10, 2020 12:08 PM
Sep 2017
Loved Charlotte. Hope this one will be good as well!
hello
May 10, 2020 12:30 PM

Mar 2018
Waited for today's announcement and definitely looking forward to this project.
The combo Key x Aniplex x PA Works is just a really nice collaboration and hope it'll have a better pacing this time than for example Charlotte. Nice anime but the pacing was a little off.
Hope Lia and/or Nagi Yanagi comes to sing the OP/ED. The sound piece in the trailer is already a good sign so... <3

☆  PlayStation: KoitoTV
☆  Discord: Koito
☆  Twitch Koito
☆  @Koito91
May 10, 2020 1:36 PM

Aug 2015
Over drama, every single cliche troupe, tear-jerker characters and a lot of big eyes, let´s go.
May 10, 2020 2:31 PM

Jan 2009
ok as expected of that rumors floating around

but a total loli this time really? hopefully she transforms to adult form
May 10, 2020 3:54 PM

Mar 2014
Great collab, I am looking forward to another series by Jun Maeda. I think Angel Beats! and Charlotte were really entertaining but had several melodramatic moments and ended up being rushed towards the end, but they were fun to watch nonetheless~
May 10, 2020 4:16 PM
May 2016
my god, this sounds like it could be amazing, and I quite enjoyed Charlotte, even if it has some rushed parts(I definitely think it would've stuck the landing a bit better if it were 2-cours)
May 10, 2020 4:18 PM

May 2019
oh my god!!
pls dont be 13 episode
24 or 26 would be pretty good
”A fight isn't won once a victor is decided, it's won when someone loses.” – Izayoi Sakamaki

I don’t even know the real names of the two… no, three that I killed back then. I just closed my eyes, put my hands over my ears and tried to forget it all.” – Kirito

MY ANIME LIST
May 10, 2020 6:07 PM

Jun 2016
The girl really does look like Umi from Summer Pockets
May 10, 2020 6:20 PM
Jul 2018
Here's what I'm hoping for:

If we're gonna get 24-26 episodes, I'm hoping that the anime series can provide a proper balance with world-building and characters, if they're going to explore supernatural elements at the very least.

If we're getting 13, I'm hoping that the supernatural elements are present, but more as subtle elements and primarily focusing on the character drama. At the very least that's what I'm hoping for.

From what I'm getting, it seems like Maeda will go back to where things started, with AIR as an example as well as perhaps Kanon. If that's the case, despite my feelings towards AIR a formula like this or structure as a base should work for it. At least in my honest opinion.
May 10, 2020 11:05 PM
May 11, 2020 1:31 AM

Jan 2018
If this gets hyped when it's airing I would probably start with charlotte before this.

Nice key point @ Smudy
May 11, 2020 2:16 AM
Jul 2018
Thought Summer Pockets would be adapted. mmm
May 11, 2020 3:17 AM

Feb 2014
Another reason to be hyped for the Fall 2020 season now!

The whole story concept sounds very interesting and having Key, Aniplex and P.A Works working together again for the 3rd time in 10 years is something to look forward to.

I think this'll be 13 episodes, although I would prefer a 2-cour if possible. Either way, I need to put aside a pack of tissues when this shows starts in October. =P
May 11, 2020 5:03 AM

Feb 2019
Back in action again, Key the creator of the most tear-jerking, melodramatic and forcibly tragic stories that exist Those who abuse the topic of a "normal teenager who knows many waifus with tragic pasts" f*ck u
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» 'Detective Conan' Creator's 'Yaiba' Manga Receives New Anime

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

14 by Adnash »»
6 hours ago

» 'Naze Boku no Sekai wo Daremo Oboeteinai no ka?' Reveals Additional Cast, Character Promo

Nioxys - Today

2 by notPara »»
12 hours ago

» 'Kusuriya no Hitorigoto' Second Season Announced

Nioxys - Mar 23

22 by arnicahealth »»
Today, 1:03 AM

» Manga 'Tougen Anki' Gets TV Anime in 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

4 by thebrentinator24 »»
Yesterday, 7:33 PM

» 'Tensei shitara Dainana Ouji Datta node, Kimama ni Majutsu wo Kiwamemasu' Reveals Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - May 6

2 by ST63LTH »»
Yesterday, 7:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.