Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Apr 13, 2020 7:28 AM
Jun 2017
I like this episode. It brings a lot of different good things to the table. Strong body language(e.g look at Shinako's hand), an interesting development that gives Shinako's character another layer of depth. I also like how Haru pushes Rikuo and Shinako's relationship forward right now. It'll certainly be interesting to see what they bring next :).
Apr 13, 2020 8:02 AM

Feb 2020
this whole anime is so satisfying to me i don't why. for a romance anime, others might consider it 'slow,' however that's what i like most about it. it doesn't go all in at once.

how realistic the characters are so refreshing to watch and how they deal with their feelings. lmao idk where i'm going with this but so far this anime is really enjoyable (:
Apr 13, 2020 8:14 AM

May 2019
I really like the synergy between the characters and the thematic concerns; it's written masterfully.

This is going to be a really strong series - I just hope we see more Haru-chan.

We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha
Apr 13, 2020 10:34 AM

May 2017
A part of me still can't believe this really got animated holy shit this is THE best
Apr 13, 2020 11:41 AM

Dec 2015
ah man this looks like an emotional rollercoaster and I don't think I'm ready
Apr 13, 2020 1:04 PM

Feb 2019
I'm absolutely loving this so far. I knew this was gonna be a tearjerking anime from the first episode alone but I didn't expect to make me choke up this early. From the stunning background visuals, fantastic accompanying BGM, great characters, and a genuinely good romance plot, this is on it's way to be AotS for me.
Apr 13, 2020 1:19 PM

Dec 2015
Pretty great episodes. Solid characters and really great style and direction. I wish we had more mature characters like that in anime overall
Apr 13, 2020 4:40 PM

Jan 2015
His last dialogue with the Shinako resumes all my opinion about trying to being friends with a girl that rejected you or an ex girlfriend.
Apr 13, 2020 4:46 PM
Jul 2014
Supercueca_ said:
Is this going to have an opening?

i doubt it ... :c ... maybe next ep ? ...
Apr 14, 2020 6:54 AM

Mar 2020
stop with the damn haircuts
Floyd Mayweather English Tutor
Apr 14, 2020 11:09 AM

Mar 2008
BlufaceBaby said:
stop with the damn haircuts

At least this time was six months later for the new school year.
Apr 14, 2020 11:48 AM

Nov 2009
Since shipping is what these types of shows for, I'm all for Rikuo x Shinako.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Apr 14, 2020 12:04 PM

Nov 2009
StrangeGreymon said:
Could you explain the dialogue when Rikuo went to talk with Shinako? I got confused there. He doesnt want to be friends but he does because he has ulterior motives and she should know?
I think it's about giving her an incentive and a reason to try her best to move on. Despite being in denial, she seems to already like him in a way, which I think he intuitively picked up on, that is, he senses he has a chance if he could just find a way to help her move on, and that's his chosen method to do exactly that - to show her that his feelings are serious enough for him to wait for her and to accept all of her without giving up or feeling any less for her.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Apr 14, 2020 12:52 PM

Feb 2016
This has the potential of being a mature drama romance, but Haru completely ruins it, she's annoying and nosy, almost a thirdwheel. She needs to get a clue. Ugh, I hope this doesn't go Fuuka all over again.
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Apr 14, 2020 2:31 PM

Aug 2010
Finally a romance/drama anime worth watching.
Apr 14, 2020 3:16 PM

Aug 2018
Interesting, as someone mentionned it earlier, Haru needs to find her proper role 'cause right now the story almost only involved Shinako & Rikuo. However the addition of her backstory was really great. I was surprised the boy who told hhim such capital informations actually so : I expected a sort of smug face sayin' "ask her if you wanna know".
Apr 14, 2020 8:44 PM
Apr 2019
Oh man I can see where this show is going thematically and I don't think I'm emotionally strong enough for it. I get anxious at the mere thought of time continuously moving forward. Part of me wants to just jump ship while I can.
Apr 14, 2020 10:32 PM

Nov 2019
4/5 Episode
This anime is beginning to feel like a painful pointless road I hope this doesn't turn out to be people going around in circles the whole entire series.
Apr 15, 2020 12:08 AM
Jan 2017
Algo genérico hasta el momento si me lo preguntas
Apr 15, 2020 6:23 AM

Sep 2019
I feel like Rou is three... maybe two steps away from being Yusuke from Persona 5. Although, that safety pin in his ear counts as so many fashion crimes that it probably counts as artistic.

A couple of things just came smashing through this ep.
- Rou straight up disliking the MC.
- The brother.
- And the declaration of war...

Well, all I'm going to say is I know who I'll cheer for.
"You know you've reached peak quality when a doujin is better than the actual source series." (Eg. To LOVE-Ru)

Just to list a couple of biases.
Likes: A good story, characters, writing, romance, a good plot twist or something that breaks expectations (In a good way), 'backstory' and justice.
Dislikes: Bad romance, too much fanservice, the harem genre, yuri, yaoi, and bad writing.

Apr 15, 2020 1:24 PM

Mar 2015
Characters seem quite thought out and it should be interesting to see them grow. My friend complained that he is tired of the whole "declaring war" thing, but I feel it was done well to illustrate that Haru might be a bit less mature (or at least that she puts up that persona).

It also feels that art quality is higher than it was in the first episode, but maybe there were just more artistic shots in this.
Apr 15, 2020 1:35 PM

Apr 2020
Hmm, I'm a bit of a sap for Shinako's past. That, combined with Rikuo's feelings for her make for interesting drama. Now that the secret is out on both ends, it changes the dynamic.

I also have some suspicions about Rou and Shinako.

Not sure I feel Haru is a good fit for Rikuo... but who knows! Interested to see how this all plays out.
Apr 15, 2020 9:27 PM
May 2016
Oooh how do you compete with a dead guy, better just go with the damaged younger girl.
Apr 15, 2020 10:57 PM

Jun 2012
Achingly beautiful show so far. Absolutely amazing character acting and direction to pull you right in to the characters' melancholy. So many of the lines of dialog about loss and life in this episode just hit me right in the feels.

Both episodes thus far I've gone back over the episode twice just to appreciate all of the little details that makes the emotional scenes hit home so effectively. It's always such a perfect symphony of voice acting, nuanced character animation, excellent shot framing / direction, and a musical score that sets the mood perfectly.

Beautiful show, have loved every minute of it so far.
Apr 16, 2020 7:40 AM

Feb 2020
I'm really liking this show. One of the things that bug me a little right now is Haru. I like her being eccentric and having a pet crow but the reason for her liking Rikuo is pretty shallow so far to me. I'm hoping there is more to it as we learn more about Haru.
Apr 16, 2020 9:53 PM

Sep 2018
Ohhhh...... she's brokenhearted before.

but I ship Rikuo to Haru instead.
Apr 17, 2020 1:57 PM

Aug 2013
I'm really loving the vibe this show is giving off. I don't believe I've watched a mature show like this before and I'm loving.

Also, why is Rou using a safety pin as an earring?

Apr 17, 2020 7:21 PM

Mar 2010
Jeezus lord god almight have mercy on my soul I wanted to punch their faces, this weak self pity and lazy Charisma of the characters made me so mad and restless... so that goes without saying that they were well presented in that manner lolz

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Apr 18, 2020 1:39 AM

Jul 2017
The coming-of-age drama is significantly getting better, as more characters are getting introduced, and then the melodrama of love.

The "love triangle' between Rikuo, Haru and Shinako is getting more complicated by the minute, and not for reasons obvious that Shinako is trying to get by her own life and Rikuo staying together as friends instead of lovers, as Haru meanwhile develops her interest in Rikuo even more.

It's sad that a relationship has to stop because of a certain loss of life, and that's the case for Shinako with Kou's deceased brother (whom she is in love with).

But then Haru's way of delcaration, more than being a serious child's play, she meant it while Shinako just threw everything under the bus. Same for Rikuo, having to make a definite choice: to love or not to love as friends.

Anticipating more from this series, it's gonna be very long (18 episodes) but it seems they're going for the full adaptation (which would be nice).

Apr 19, 2020 1:07 PM

Aug 2018
more of this please!
I think I don't know wtf I'm doing. Maybe. Probably.

Apr 19, 2020 2:10 PM

Nov 2015
the artwork is so aesthetically pleasing and melancholic, its beautiful. the story itself is very realistic and i think i never watched an anime so adult. tbh i found the first episode to be better since it made the impression that it was more about the social outcast life of the protagonist. but i can also stick with a mature drama. so far my favorite is Shinako just because her dealings with love reminds me of myself.

4/5
Apr 19, 2020 5:53 PM

May 2011
My favorite part in this ep was when Rikuo said he would rather wait than be friends.That was so raw and relatable.

Also,Im rooting for Haru.
''I was dead serious''

Apr 19, 2020 8:52 PM

Dec 2015
The little brother is coming so fast in play. o_o
And with him are coming back reasons why the comic irritated me so much: its "in your face" in love teenagers, notably.

I would liken'to get used to the way those "simplified" characters do not belong to some "photography-like" backgrounds. I usually have no problem with that in manga.
As for the charadesign itself, I guess no good will will be enough to make me appreciate their absence of Tôme distinctiveness.

3/5
Rei_IIIApr 19, 2020 8:56 PM
Apr 19, 2020 10:17 PM

Aug 2013
Haru is really an interesting character, I can't describe how realistic she feels. I hope can learn more about her and the story behind.

The art style is another thing that I'm in love. I'm seeing each chapter twice because I enjoy find some details in the animation.
Apr 21, 2020 5:10 AM

May 2018
so this is a fully serious drama then
Apr 21, 2020 1:39 PM

Aug 2017
This anime is getting more interesting. I don't know how everything will fall into place yet, but I hope Shinako will eventually be able to deal with her past.
Apr 22, 2020 8:44 PM

Jun 2009
dang Rou's older bro :(

Apr 26, 2020 7:11 PM

Jul 2012
It hurts to watch this, but I enjoy it nevertheless. I know it's gonna be a ton of heartbreak and stuff.
Apr 28, 2020 8:36 PM
Apr 2010
Is this about older people dating high schoolers??
May 2, 2020 5:47 AM
Feb 2020
I really like haruchan..🌸
May 4, 2020 10:11 PM

Aug 2019
damn that was a sad dark story i was not expecting at all.
interesting so Haru and Shinako have started some sort of competition? interesting to see where this goes. can't forget that this is a romance anime so this could go many ways XD
May 5, 2020 2:42 PM
Jul 2018
The show begins to delve deep into a lot of the character's backstories and you start to get a better understanding towards the end. The ending was a bit unexpected as I wanted a little bit more of Haru but she was great as always!
May 7, 2020 1:54 AM

Jan 2019
Quite a spicy episode. Mama likey
May 12, 2020 9:02 AM

Aug 2017
What a coincidence that almost everyone was in the park lol. They need to develop Haru immediately because I find her more of a nuisance than a character herself

I still don't know if this anime is going to be about Uozumi struggling about finding a purpose to his life or just two women fighting over a man. Bruh.

All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
May 13, 2020 4:34 AM

Oct 2017
Well ofc she has a sad backstory, this just became more painful. Thew new high school kid seems amusing.
May 19, 2020 3:50 PM

Oct 2013
This week will mark the four year anniversary since my love died, and I had no idea diving into this I would encounter something so contextually relevant. :(

much more engaging than the first episode, at least.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
May 24, 2020 8:49 PM

Aug 2018
Damn Shinako was too broken

Im curious how the story gonna move on after this ep.
B O C C H I  S W E E P
Jun 24, 2020 7:15 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Oh shit. So even Shinako had a hard past love story. I felt bad for her lost, but my bad grew up even more on Rikuo sides. Man, you really had a bad day there. However, its still a good decision they finally cleared everything out of their true feeling, and last called out of stop being a friend really a wise choice of them. Its pretty intrigueing how could they both lived on that situations after that. And also, Rou, and Haru positioning there kinda misplaced. Thanks for the Rou's story, but, his attitude kinda harshed enough to make me irked. And Haru, made a challenged? Were you kidding me, girl? How could you? Your feeling should be a real illusion. Get your ass off and moved on.

So lets see how Rikou acted with his sudden change of live he had in the next episode....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jul 1, 2020 2:57 PM
Jul 2013
I wish we could get some info on Rikuo's past, or perhaps he's so bland there's nothing to talk about.
Jul 2, 2020 8:27 AM

Apr 2016
Not sure what I was expecting but this is turning out to be some sort of multilayered love story with like 4 people involved. Also I dunno, I'm having a hard time keeping my attention on this one. Maybe it's the realism.

I think I came here for something different, not particularly a melancholic drama, but a story about growth or something of the sort, but as I see it now, romance seems to be the main focus. I'll see where this goes.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yesterday wo Utatte Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2020

447 by TsutanaiFuun »»
May 24, 10:53 AM

Poll: » Yesterday wo Utatte Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

zyjJanApr - May 9, 2020

150 by SadMeat »»
Jan 29, 11:09 AM

Poll: » Yesterday wo Utatte Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2020

123 by komikvalentine »»
Nov 18, 2023 11:46 PM

Poll: » Yesterday wo Utatte Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 13, 2020

204 by littlebiglyon »»
Nov 15, 2023 2:56 AM

Poll: » Yesterday wo Utatte Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2020

292 by Fumikko »»
Jun 28, 2023 2:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.