Forum Settings
Forums

Why do so less people like Sakura in comparison to Saber and Tohsaka? Which do you like?

New
What are your thoughts??
Apr 8, 2020 9:58 AM

Apr 2019
I have watched all three routes of stay night, and so far, I've liked all three fairly equally(while I guess I like Sakura a bit more). Why is it that Sakura is the favorite character of so less people in comparison to Saber and Rin??
Rem is best girl
Apr 8, 2020 10:39 AM

Jun 2016
I hated her constant senpaiing but I started to like her once I read the VN. She still isn't better than Tohsaka, my personal favorite. Her tsunderisms are really cute and she's also a cool mage with a cool design.
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Apr 11, 2020 5:55 AM
Jan 2018
While I like her a lot these are the reasons I can think of for others not liking her (or her being less popular):

1) She wasn't a prominent character in the other anime adaptations, so less people know about her.

2) She has a comparitively plain character design (compared to Saber who is iconic and Rin who also has a eye catching design)

3) Very complicated character compared to Saber, Rin and even Illya. Some people found her unlikeable and some downright despised her.

4) Not bad-ass like Saber and Rin. Passive, shy characters are usually not as popular as other character types.

5) Some have a hard time getting invested in her, some feel she's more of a plot device than an actual character, some feel she deserves to be punished for whatever happens in HF and think she was completely responsible for them.

6) "Impure", "Slut", "Worm Slut". All things people seemingly hold against her, for some reason.

7) Seemingly overshadowed by other characters in her own route, mainly Illya and Kirei.

8) She was directly responsible for Shirou changing his ideals in HF, which some people don't like, especially those who liked how his character and ideals were developed in UBW

9) Her route was adapted last and is being done in the form of movies, which are not available to stream and not easy to acquire and hence not as popular

Her popularity is definitely on the rise with the movies though (just as an example, her MAL favourites have almost tripled since the movies have come out).
Apr 12, 2020 2:44 PM

May 2015
Sakura has always been divisive in the fandom. 2 major reasons being relevance in contrast to the other two Heroines and the role she has in being an antagonist. Saber/Rin have had more time to shine in several adaptations and there isn't a real moral debate with them unlike Sakura. I like Rin/Sakura about the same, but Rin's role as the deuteragonist gives her the edge. Oh and Sabers alright I guess...

Apr 23, 2020 8:44 AM
Aug 2019
sakura is best girl. I don't like tsunderes so yeah tohsaka for me was annoying, and i never looked at saber as a waifu.
Apr 23, 2020 8:57 AM

Nov 2016
Personally I like both sisters rin and sakura almost equally especially after this movie and I also really don't understand why sakura gets so little love compared to the 2 others but maybe it might be because of how little a role she plays in the other routes.
May 19, 2020 2:19 PM

May 2009
Tohsaka was my first waifu since I've watched Fate/Stay Night. If only she was real...
Saber has a legendary seiyuu voice her but I don't see her was a potential lover for Shirou. Or for anybody else.

Sakura and Rin are the only ones that I can see Shirou being with.
Gaming channel just for fun: https://www.youtube.com/cataorshane
Jun 19, 2020 9:32 PM
Nov 2015
Cuz she is boring, thats all, she is way to pasive, she is too sweet to the point she seems so fake and force , she is used as the vn writers as.plot device more than a person, thats why .

I didnt have anything againts her, and i was hoping to like her watching this movies as unbias as posible, infact didnt hate her in the first movie, but for some reason i wanted to be less naive in this movie ... Well she cry more and she is having PTSD (?) I dont know ... I mean the line where she (A WOMAN) tell a dude that cuz she is not Virgin she is not worthy, i almost Lost it ... That fucking rage me to the point i almost stop watching the movie.... Even worse we all know SHE WAS RAPE, that she didnt have sex out of pleasure or Joy, WHY ? WHY THE NEED TO THAT PHRASE ???? why ??????!!!! Oh poor Sakura , the raped girl by her brother and worms (?) DIDNt want the Prince charming (?) To be damage by her horrible dirty being ? Oh come on !!!! ... She is used as plot device, and that prashe prove It all... She needs to be pure despiste the horrible things happen to her so just the mc still can be the Hero Who can tell her : you are so beautiful and pure!

Men, i hate that type of writers , the ones that still dont understand rape IS not hard sex, rape IS ABUSE, rape IS all about power dinamic and never about sex

You dont see people Who were beated almost to death apologize cuz they are not pure, you know my body was destroy by the Will of someone else ... OH GOD!

THATS why people may dislike this heroine, cuz of the plot line

Dude even tho i never like fate stay night, i never hate it, i loved fate zero, and i enjoy so much ubw ... But this one ... Men i hate It, just hate it, i Guess i have to end the third movie cu already waste time with the first 2 .

But yeah i Hope if that rant make you understand why some people may not like this heroine, cuz she was not only abused she was force by writers to become the Bad one Ana also make her say no sense stuffs
Jun 19, 2020 10:05 PM

Jul 2013
freizel said:
Cuz she is boring, thats all, she is way to pasive, she is too sweet to the point she seems so fake and force , she is used as the vn writers as.plot device more than a person, thats why .

I didnt have anything againts her, and i was hoping to like her watching this movies as unbias as posible, infact didnt hate her in the first movie, but for some reason i wanted to be less naive in this movie ... Well she cry more and she is having PTSD (?) I dont know ... I mean the line where she (A WOMAN) tell a dude that cuz she is not Virgin she is not worthy, i almost Lost it ... That fucking rage me to the point i almost stop watching the movie.... Even worse we all know SHE WAS RAPE, that she didnt have sex out of pleasure or Joy, WHY ? WHY THE NEED TO THAT PHRASE ???? why ??????!!!! Oh poor Sakura , the raped girl by her brother and worms (?) DIDNt want the Prince charming (?) To be damage by her horrible dirty being ? Oh come on !!!! ... She is used as plot device, and that prashe prove It all... She needs to be pure despiste the horrible things happen to her so just the mc still can be the Hero Who can tell her : you are so beautiful and pure!

Men, i hate that type of writers , the ones that still dont understand rape IS not hard sex, rape IS ABUSE, rape IS all about power dinamic and never about sex

You dont see people Who were beated almost to death apologize cuz they are not pure, you know my body was destroy by the Will of someone else ... OH GOD!

Dude even tho i never like fate stay night, i never hate it, i loved fate zero, and i enjoy so much ubw ... But this one ... Men i hate It, just hate it, i Guess i have to end the third movie cu already waste time with the first 2 .

But yeah i Hope if that rant make you understand why some people may not like this heroine, cuz she was not only abused she was force by writers to become the Bad one Ana also make her say no sense stuffs

You didn't get the story of HF and Sakura's character at all didn't you?

How is being sweet even a bad thing lmao. Only in anime where people think being a tsundere or a kuudere is inherently better than being naturally nice cuz it's apparently too boring for the audience when people are normally good-natured. Sakura is sweet and kindhearted girl and what about it?

Good lord... the way you're ranting seems like you're projecting an image for Sakura when as an audience, your task is to analyze from a first person perspective why Sakura acts that way in the first place.

Sakura is a victim of abuse. HF demonstrates this very well. Bruh... rape is indeed treated as ABUSE in here. What are you even talking about? The power dynamic was clearly there. The effects of her abuse is clearly there. The way her mind has slowly deteriorated because of her suffering is clearly there. Hell, the ending of the 2nd movie even demonstrates her losing the final screw to insanity. Did you really watch the show? She exhibits behaviors atypically of such. She's afraid of her abusers hence the clear power dynamic between her and her family. She's ashamed of her abuse, hence the way she thinks she's dirty and not worthy. She blames herself for what happened to her. She's not a goddamn plot device that's only there to move the plot. Her character and development as an abuse victim is very well explored throughout the story. Literally all her actions and words made sense to her character. The fuck are you on?
Jun 19, 2020 10:10 PM

Oct 2010
saber is badass, she fights with a sword and anime watcher love girls like that, she's pretty cool and has a nice personality.
Rin is a mage, a tsundere, she blushes a lot, zettai ryouiki, she is smart and has Archer as a servant, a wacky personality, no wonder she's popular.
Sakura is just there, she's boring, even her mysteries are boring, she's not cool, she doesn't use spells or make strategies to win the war. But she's my fav out of all 3 because she's that simple, she's like a tragic heroine, she has that aura.
Jun 19, 2020 10:14 PM

Jan 2009
Rin and Ishtar for me is more likable and more of a lively character that will balance out my boring self in real life if i get a girl like her somewhere on a different timeline lol

Saber is too flat thats it lol but she can fight great

Sakura is nice too but she is too damn damsel in distress type
Jun 20, 2020 12:07 AM

Jul 2017
Kaleid is the true Fate anyway. None of them have anything on Illya.

Jun 20, 2020 12:27 AM
Nov 2015
Dull_Lull said:
freizel said:

How is being sweet even a bad thing lmao. Only in anime where people think being a tsundere or a kuudere is inherently better than being naturally nice cuz it's apparently too boring for the audience when people are normally good-natured. Sakura is sweet and kindhearted girl and what about it?

Good lord... the way you're ranting seems like you're projecting an image for Sakura when as an audience, your task is to analyze from a first person perspective why Sakura acts that way in the first place.

Sakura is a victim of abuse. HF demonstrates this very well. Bruh... rape is indeed treated as ABUSE in here. What are you even talking about? The power dynamic was clearly there. The effects of her abuse is clearly there. The way her mind has slowly deteriorated because of her suffering is clearly there. Hell, the ending of the 2nd movie even demonstrates her losing the final screw to insanity. Did you really watch the show? She exhibits behaviors atypically of such. She's afraid of her abusers hence the clear power dynamic between her and her family. She's ashamed of her abuse, hence the way she thinks she's dirty and not worthy. She blames herself for what happened to her. She's not a goddamn plot device that's only there to move the plot. Her character and development as an abuse victim is very well explored throughout the story. Literally all her actions and words made sense to her character. The fuck are you on?

Nah fam, you like to attack the users ability to "understand" something as an excuse to get your point of view, dont ya ? Thats a fallacy dude ... I did understand, i didnt feel It, they just want US to pity her, thats all, didnt felt real, felt force, didnt conect, so what about It ?

I have seen characters that have terrible past, terrible traumatic past and i even cry for them, cuz the show did a good job showing that emotions, here felt less than natural , like a list ... Still dude what about her line?

Was so cringe , stupid writers... She could have Word that so much better, i love you but i felt dirty, YES, THATS SOMETHING A RAPE SUVIVOR would actually said, you even said It yourself... No the im not longer Virgin thingy ... I almost forgot this is a sex Game

No taste ... I can not belive this is the same as fate/zero or ubw show ... Those were good , this ... WoW not the same vibe

And deal with It, she is bore, if you like submesive shy mega sweet almost force kawaii ladies Who happen to have a terrible past and break into Monsters... Good for.you dude
Jun 20, 2020 12:46 AM

Jul 2013
freizel said:
Dull_Lull said:

Nah fam, you like to attack the users ability to "understand" something as an excuse to get your point of view, dont ya ? Thats a fallacy dude ... I did understand, i didnt feel It, they just want US to pity her, thats all, didnt felt real, felt force, didnt conect, so what about It ?

I have seen characters that have terrible past, terrible traumatic past and i even cry for them, cuz the show did a good job showing that emotions, here felt less than natural , like a list ... Still dude what about her line?

Was so cringe , stupid writers... She could have Word that so much better, i love you but i felt dirty, YES, THATS SOMETHING A RAPE SUVIVOR would actually said, you even said It yourself... No the im not longer Virgin thingy ... I almost forgot this is a sex Game

No taste ... I can not belive this is the same as fate/zero or ubw show ... Those were good , this ... WoW not the same vibe

And deal with It, she is bore, if you like submesive shy mega sweet almost force kawaii ladies Who happen to have a terrible past and break into Monsters... Good for.you dude

Bruh... you really thought you did something here huh. You blanketed your whole statement with a lot of false narratives you pushed onto Sakura and now you're pretending you actually knew her character all along after being presented with counterarguments? Please... luv.

Boo hoo you cried for other characters. Good for you luv.

Babe... Lady Gaga, an actual sexual abuse victim in the entertainment industry literally hid the fact that she was raped at the age of 19 for years because she was ashamed of it. She blamed herself for it thinking maybe it was her fault. She was traumatized by it and only got the courage to talk about it openly in recent years so yes that was indeed something a rape survivor would say. I literally just explained Sakura's psychology to you. Why the hell are you acting like people don't have different ways of dealing with abuse instead of pigeonholing them into a character in your head. Get a grip.
Jun 20, 2020 12:55 AM
Nov 2015
Dull_Lull said:
freizel said:

Bruh... you really thought you did something here huh. You blanketed your whole statement with a lot of false narratives you pushed onto Sakura and now you're pretending you actually knew her character all along after being presented with counterarguments? Please... luv.

Babe... Lady Gaga, an actual sexual abuse victim in the entertainment industry literally hid the fact that she was raped at the age of 19 for years because she was ashamed of it. She blamed herself for it thinking maybe it was her fault. She was traumatized by it and only got the courage to talk about it openly in recent years so yes that was indeed something a rape survivor would say. I literally just explained Sakura's psychology to you. Why the hell are you acting like people don't have different ways of dealing with abuse instead of pigeonholing them into a character in your head. Get a grip.

You sound like you want someone to have rants with you, why ? Who knows ... Still your thecnique is rough and lack proper pullish, if you want people to have a nice discussion then have the decency of read what they wrote ... You just put your narrative of what i think and reply (?)

Idk ... She is still boring to me , sorry not sorry
Jun 20, 2020 12:58 AM

Jul 2013
freizel said:
Dull_Lull said:

You sound like you want someone to have rants with you, why ? Who knows ... Still your thecnique is rough and lack proper pullish, if you want people to have a nice discussion then have the decency of read what they wrote ... You just put your narrative of what i think and reply (?)

Idk ... She is still boring to me , sorry not sorry

I did and I said what I think about it.

Stream and buy Chromatica.
Jun 28, 2020 1:03 AM
Jun 2020
Rin is bisexual, she pleases het boys and bi girls!
Jun 28, 2020 1:03 AM
Jun 2020
Sakura is innocent and pure
Jun 28, 2020 1:07 AM
Jun 2020
Rin is made for diapers
Jun 28, 2020 1:10 AM
Jun 2020
MAazREanALi said:
Rin is made for diapers

I hate Both Skaura Luvia and Ren, I like Illya Miyu and kuro
Jun 28, 2020 1:11 AM
Jun 2020
WILLiamKrwVier said:
MAazREanALi said:
Rin is made for diapers

I hate Both Skaura Luvia and Ren, I like Illya Miyu and kuro

No, yure a troll my man
Jun 28, 2020 1:12 AM
Jun 2020
*I like Illya, Miyu and Kuro

You illterate fuck

13 do 50 for a reason I guess...

never will understand how you're so fucking stupid
Jun 28, 2020 1:13 AM
Jun 2020
MAazREanALi said:
*I like Illya, Miyu and Kuro

You illterate fuck

13 do 50 for a reason I guess...

never will understand how you're so fucking stupid

Reported for calling me no no word.
Jun 28, 2020 1:24 AM
Jun 2020
I just wanted to bring attention to the tragic death of Gregory Foreman! The cops murdered him!
Jun 28, 2020 1:43 AM
Jun 2020
I personally love Sakura, she's definitely a better character than the other two. I hate Saber, rin is okay. but sakura is def my favorite.
Jun 28, 2020 1:44 AM
Jun 2020
Illya is my second favorite after kuro.
Jan 18, 2021 3:45 PM

Mar 2016
Rin was more appealing and more relatable IMO.

just wanna feel wanted by someone other than the police 😫
Mar 1, 2021 12:26 AM

Dec 2019
I think she is a more interesting character then mostly Rin. When I watched Zero and UBW I was very curious about Sakura. Her character is not sincerely better but more mysterious. That's why I thinked Sakura's character more.
Mar 1, 2021 8:32 AM

Aug 2020
BorisTsycilifer said:
I personally love Sakura, she's definitely a better character than the other two. I hate Saber, rin is okay. but sakura is def my favorite.

if you hate seiba then i hate you (perhaps sarcastic)
Apr 4, 2021 9:48 AM

Apr 2014
BorisTsycilifer said:

Who the hell would have any reason to HATE Saber? I understand not liking but hate is a very strong word.
Apr 4, 2021 9:48 AM
Jul 2018
Because worms exist lmao.
Apr 19, 2021 5:59 PM

Jan 2020
I don't hate her but Saber is my #1 of all time and I just happen to like Rin more.

Apr 20, 2021 4:35 PM

May 2014
Sakura>Saber>Rin
Rin is just okay I think, pretty generic I don't know she's cute but she's not too tsundere and not too serious. I like the quirky ones like saber whos a knight and is badass. Sakura is my fav coz even though she had a tragic life she's still the kindest one and being horny, yandere, and insane is a plus for me.
Jun 12, 2021 9:56 PM

May 2020
Sakura always had that Mystery factor around her that kept me interested in her. And the way Heaven's Feel unfolds her story and trauma is so disheartening.
There are many who call her bland, generic, and even a plot device. She's simple, in her design, in her behaviour, and in her desires. But that makes her all so more better.
Rin is cool, I've always liked her. Saber is kinda okay (I liked her more in Fate/Zero). But Sakura is definitely the best one among the three.
Jun 15, 2021 4:53 AM
Oct 2020
because rin and saber are best.sakura is just a pity bag.i feel pity for her but she did nothing likeable.most of the people like strong characters who stand for themselves.,if anything she's just there only to get hurt thats all.hope you have your answer
Jun 15, 2021 5:12 AM

Aug 2010
Saber, if I had to pick out of the three. I didn't care for Sakura from what I watched, same for Rin and UBW. My heart always goes to Irisviel.
Jun 28, 2021 9:02 PM
Jul 2018
As someone who hasn't seen the third movie or the vn I think she is 2nd best. I really like her development into insanity this movie even though I can understand why people dislike her, it's a similar situation to something like
from monogatari. In my opinion Saber > Ilya > Sakura > Rin, but I love all of them.
Jul 30, 2021 2:12 AM
Jul 2021
Aoi_no_sora said:

It is funny here.

Several months ago, I met a guy who blamed Sakura about why she can enjoy the sex after she got raped ( why she doesn’t feels shame about that). He even calls himself as psychiatrists. If the rape victim still can enjoy sex, they are not the rape victim.

And now, we have the guy who blame the same character because she feels guilty?

=> It looks like no matter how she feels and does, you people still find some reasons to blame her?
----------------

However, It is the truth that Sudou is failed when trying to adapt HF route. Especially, he actually failed when trying to describe Sakura.

I don’t know why, he forced Sakura to cry more many times in movies than the novel. Not only that, he actually isn’t good when describe the character’s feeling when she is crying at all.

Let see… in novel, she actually she actually just cries for 3 times. Sakura is the character who always tries to hide her own trouble. No matter how much torturing she gots, she doesn’t want people to know about her suffer.
- > In movies, she cries. Let see. 6 times. He forces her to cry when Shirou lost Saber, and when the worms eating her,too. But the more trouble is, he doesn’t describe well her feeling. The way character to cry in movie is very strange.

The more trouble is, while Sudo tries to adapt as much as everything from novel as he can, he actually doesn’t describe who is Sakura character.

The girl who doesn’t even hope someone will rescue her. The girl who never cries no matter how much torturing she gets. But she cries when she kills someone, even if it is her rapist.

The girl who tries to solve and endure everything by herself, instead of let people know and worry about her. Who tries to walking/working as normal, while she actually blind, lost her memories, lost her taste, lost her limbs’ perception, is cut by Gate of Babylon,… but still tries to smile to everyone, to show that “ I’m ok. Don’t worry about me.”.

The good faith girl, who always tries to protect this world, protect her lovers, and think “ killing is always crime.”. No power to fight, she still keeps resist the Devil who tries to massacre people, while how many people among her just “ you should die for our sake.”. And even when corrupted in Dark Sakura mod, she still prevent the Shadow from massacre people ( "Her body is dying. But she still say she'd protect me"-Shirou) .

If you want a cool heroine who fights with spell and sword. She isn’t your girl.
If you want to read the story about the good faith character who tries her best to protect her humanity. She is the special girl.

But the trouble is. Sudou failed when describe her. Nasu almost confuse when writing her route. Something about Sakura isn’t even reveal if we don’t re-check the setting to understand what is she doing. Until now, I still have to correct these guys who still misunderstanding that Shinji rape Sakura to feed mana to her.

But, really, “ Sakura is the confuse character”? Really? She actually too simple. She is more the ideal character than someone can exist in the human life.

The most confuse character of FSN is Rin. The most complex character is Shirou.
Kohakusama3Jul 30, 2021 2:37 AM
Feb 12, 2022 4:53 AM

Dec 2020
Artoria Pendragon

Complex Stories are basically sleeping pills . Helps to get some sleep .

Jul 10, 2022 5:43 AM
May 2021
Saber> Sakura>Tohsaka

I like all of them but each one is slightly better then the other one
Aug 21, 2022 1:54 PM

Dec 2020
They made King Arthur a flat chested waifu meh ! And a tsundere which is the worst and annoying thing on the planet ! So yeah Sakura best girl after Rider

Complex Stories are basically sleeping pills . Helps to get some sleep .

Oct 3, 2022 7:34 AM
Mar 2020
Tbh i really like sakura, more than Rin and Saber. We know she's been through a lot and it's quite understandable about how she is now but still she's my favourite girl.
Oct 3, 2022 7:49 AM

Dec 2020
Because heaven's feel is Ilya's route
Oct 3, 2022 7:52 AM

Sep 2018
Sakura is a nympho. Saber is a good tomboy. Rin is a nice tsundere. Sakura kind of lacks much identity besides her obsession with Shirou unlike Rin and Saber.
Dec 9, 2022 8:02 AM
Jul 2022
I was thinking, I would like Sakura more then the others.
Her shyness & her character personalities were the main reason for me to like her. But I changed my mind at the ending of Heavens Feel II.
Story landed like all the tragedies upon Sakura. Becouse of her tragedy, she is ruined. So that I couldn't be a hellish fan. Literally, I sad for her. Shirou & Sakura would have been a proper couble, if they are to be seen out of this tragic story.

We all knew that it was coming. We can't expect good things from a known tragic anime anyway. Writer has gone insane along with the ufotable animation!!

Sakura has been through a lot. She's likeable. But I can't bare myself when I think about those tortures and Matou Family's training system. And also Matou Families boy Shinji, He makes me sick, wish he should have died ages ago. To think of, He was tormenting, violating, raping Sakura all this time. I can't bare to withstand that, I would've killed him myself. It's frustrating.
It's not "Heavens Feel", it’s totally opposite.
Talat_TalhaDec 9, 2022 9:02 AM
Dec 9, 2022 8:23 AM

Oct 2021
For me, Sakura is the most boring heroine. Her only redeemable feature is her chest. Tohsaka all the way!
Jul 9, 2023 2:27 AM

Mar 2023
I Like Saber Don't Know About Sakura
Sep 7, 2023 11:27 PM
Jul 2021
Characters ain't all that in Fate anyways but Saber is easily the best girl.
Mar 15, 3:32 AM
May 2023
Reply to Dull_Lull
freizel said:

@Dull_Lull Another sakura fan who doesn't know why he loves her.

Lol, you just pity her for her tragic past, kiddo every character in this series have tragic past.

She is one of the most annoying character, stop forcing your beliefs on us, everyone can have different opinions.
But in every route, I found her annoying, you all just pity her.
Keep coping.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/stay night Movie: Heaven's Feel - II. Lost Butterfly Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kisaragi - Jan 15, 2019

487 by ToG25thBaam »»
Apr 15, 6:35 PM

» Anyone find Sakura Matou annoying or It just me? [Spoilers] ( 1 2 3 4 )

PrideRoyalIvy - May 21, 2019

187 by Adatius »»
Mar 15, 12:50 PM

» If I hear "senpai" one more time....

ColCasey - Sep 20, 2023

18 by AkiraMiyazaki17 »»
Sep 23, 2023 6:57 PM

» About this trilogy so far, it's kinda meh to me.

Huyen_Thanh_27 - Jun 27, 2020

18 by dk107_ »»
Sep 7, 2023 11:28 PM

» Help

Ginsoka - Aug 4, 2021

1 by TheDeadmanII »»
Aug 4, 2021 10:13 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.