Forum Settings
Forums

'Boku no Hero Academia' Gets Fifth Anime Season

New
Apr 4, 2020 2:02 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
The 25th and final episode of the fourth season of Boku no Hero Academia (My Hero Academia) ended with an announcement on Saturday that the television anime is getting a fifth season.

The anime series adapts Kouhei Horikoshi's action superhero manga, which drew inspiration from his Boku no Hero (My Hero) one-shot that was published in the 2008 Winter issue of Akamaru Jump. The manga began serialization in Weekly Shounen Jump in July 2014. Shueisha published the 26th volume on March 4. Boku no Hero Academia has a cumulative 26 million copies of its compiled volumes in print.

Produced by Bones, the first television anime aired in 13 episodes in Spring 2016. The consecutive seasons premiered in Spring 2017, Spring 2018, and Fall 2019, respectively—each running for 25 episodes. The 13th and 14th volumes included two original video anime episodes in April and June 2017. The Futari no Hero and Heroes:Rising side-story films opened in Japan in August 2018 and on December 20.

VIZ Media licensed the manga in English under its Shounen Jump imprint in February 2015 and serialized it in their digital Weekly Shonen Jump magazine till it discontinued. The company's new Shounen Jump platform now simulpublishes the manga with the Japanese release. The 23rd volume shipped on February 4.

Funimation licensed the anime series in North America and released the first season on home video in April 2017. The second season was distributed in two volumes the following April and June. The Futari no Hero anime film and the third season shipped in March, May and September last year, respectively.

Announcement

Source: Comic Natalie

Boku no Hero Academia 5th Season on MAL
VindstotApr 4, 2020 2:30 AM

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 4, 2020 2:03 AM

Jul 2012
aint nobody surprised at this point lol
Apr 4, 2020 2:06 AM
Jan 2016
In other news, water is wet.
Apr 4, 2020 2:06 AM

Jun 2016
Who would have thought?
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Apr 4, 2020 2:10 AM

Feb 2018
New Quirk is Awaking
Apr 4, 2020 2:17 AM

Jan 2009
this will have a complete anime adaptation anyway
Apr 4, 2020 2:22 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Not surprising in the slightest, we know this'll be getting full adaption but it's always sweet to have confirmation nonetheless.

I've heard this won't be coming this year so here's to hoping they'll return back to the yearly Spring releases. Better not be one-cour, as well. I probably don't even need to say that but just in case...
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Apr 4, 2020 2:30 AM

Sep 2011
*pretends to be shocked*

Can't wait for the 5th season.

Is it going to air on Fall 2020 or Spring 2021?
Apr 4, 2020 2:49 AM

Sep 2017
i guess it will be on spring next year

dont wanna expect more like this season, but hopefully the 5th will be much better

Apr 4, 2020 3:00 AM

Jun 2014
This has basically become an expected tradition at this point lol. Another tradition: waiting for the salty comments from people who could easily just ignore news about a series they don't like and using that time to enjoy something they do like. *grabs popcorn*

Hopefully the original director comes back and there's no movie planned, the 4th season was fine but not as good as the previous ones.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Apr 4, 2020 3:12 AM
うまぴょい伝説

May 2017
Another season, another suffering.
Apr 4, 2020 3:17 AM

Nov 2015
gadboyz said:
New Quirk is Awaking

HACKs! 🤢🤮
Apr 4, 2020 3:54 AM

Aug 2017
We're getting awfully close to the manga so I wonder if they might do a split-cour thing like Attack on Titan's been doing recently.
I used to be a watchmaker.
Apr 4, 2020 5:12 AM
Apr 2016
Why don't they just make a single long season like Naruto/Bleach/Black Clover etc.?
Apr 4, 2020 5:13 AM

Jul 2012
JanPri said:
Why don't they just make a single long season like Naruto/Bleach/Black Clover etc.?
pacing and also they are not studio pierrot or toei
Apr 4, 2020 5:20 AM

Nov 2015
JanPri said:

Because they do other anime and then you would complain about filler arcs/animation
HACKs! 🤢🤮
Apr 4, 2020 5:21 AM

Apr 2013
Well with how much things heated up (heh) in the last episode of season 4, a season 5 coming quickly is more than welcome~
Apr 4, 2020 6:47 AM
Apr 2016
Old_School_Akira said:
JanPri said:

Because they do other anime and then you would complain about filler arcs/animation
Do people really hate fillers that much? I mean, I generally don't watch shonen anime (neither this one) but isn't it better to have more story even if it was not originally in the manga?
Apr 4, 2020 6:48 AM

Mar 2017
JanPri said:
doing so may cause a drop in quality
An admin's dickhead Soul banned me from MAL t('v't)
Apr 4, 2020 6:53 AM
Jun 2019
JanPri said:
Old_School_Akira said:

Do people really hate fillers that much? I mean, I generally don't watch shonen anime (neither this one) but isn't it better to have more story even if it was not originally in the manga?
Cultural festival isn't even filler though, the whole point that arc was for Eri to get over her trauma with Overhaul.
manofhonor1
Apr 4, 2020 6:56 AM

Aug 2015
Not surprised, but still extremely welcomed ^^

I would love to see Shouto and Bakugou in action after they got their license ^^
And we get to see more of the villain side after all~ ^^

I'm starting to get embarrassed by my own forum signature line.. XD
Apr 4, 2020 7:00 AM
Oct 2019
*exaggerated surprise*
REALLY OH MY GOD
Apr 4, 2020 8:03 AM

Feb 2014
Well yes, obviously.
Apr 4, 2020 8:18 AM
Apr 2015
Im getting really tired of the 25 episode seasons. By next year , they should have enough material to do 50 episodes or close to it. They are literally gonna have too many 25 episode seasons. Why not do what they did with FMA or Soul Eater ??
Apr 4, 2020 8:33 AM

Mar 2020
Never would thought of that.
DragonIncursio said:
Im getting really tired of the 25 episode seasons. By next year , they should have enough material to do 50 episodes or close to it. They are literally gonna have too many 25 episode seasons. Why not do what they did with FMA or Soul Eater ??
It's a long of a story tho. MHA could reach One Piece level if the author really wanted that.
Apr 4, 2020 8:52 AM
( ̄y▽ ̄)╭ Ohohoho.

Jul 2013
I mean, I'm not surprised, but I'm still happy about it :p

I will show no mercy for you
You had no mercy for me
The only thing that I ask
Love me mercilessly
Apr 4, 2020 10:22 AM

Oct 2019
I'm very excited for whats to come!
Apr 4, 2020 1:16 PM

Sep 2009
DragonIncursio said:

Because longer seasons generally have worse production values.
Apr 4, 2020 3:14 PM

Aug 2014
DragonIncursio said:
It gives the studio more breathing room between each season, along with avoiding catching up with the manga too fast.

JanPri said:
Old_School_Akira said:

Fillers are incredibly hit or miss, with most leaning towards miss aka quite bad and forgetable. That and it's both expensive and exhausting to keep an anime running like that for long periods of time, especially for smaller studios.
Apr 4, 2020 3:51 PM

Jul 2017
III LEAVES is AWAKING

DragonIncursio said:

JanPri said:

lol no
あなたは誰?
Apr 4, 2020 6:28 PM

Jan 2020
Yep yep its already forseeable, looking forward to its 5th season nxt yr.

Made by k3ti
Apr 4, 2020 10:13 PM

Jun 2011
JanPri said:
Only if they actually hire capable writers to storyboard their filler episodes. I myself quite enjoy filler episodes in battle shounen, they provide the much needed down time that the original series could not provide, and give us more character interaction between unlikely parties. Unfortunately most filler episodes I've seen try way too hard to include some kind of bombastic battle as if it's canonical, and failed to make it as relevant as the canon story arcs hence resulting in it becoming incredibly mediocre.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Apr 5, 2020 12:59 AM
Jul 2018
Just liked everyone else, I'm not surprised either.

Still looking forward to it though.

JanPri said:

Because Pierrot doesn't know how to make a 13/26 episode properly.
Apr 5, 2020 3:19 AM
Apr 5, 2020 6:19 AM

May 2009
DragonIncursio said:

JanPri said:

Do you realize that manga would caught up with manga material and they would have to do fillers? Also with first FMA and Soul Eater after Bones run out of manga material they went anime original which most of people doesn't like or even hate. With FMA:B they had full story so adaptation went smooth (unfortunately quality of animation wasn't as great as previous).
Apr 5, 2020 10:56 AM
Apr 2015
Damerino said:
DragonIncursio said:
It's a long of a story tho. MHA could reach One Piece level if the author really wanted that.

It will definitely be a long time. Izuku is at 20% still , he has a long way to go at the rate they are going
Apr 5, 2020 10:59 AM
Apr 2015
Nachtwandler_21 said:
DragonIncursio said:

Because longer seasons generally have worse production values.

I dont necessarily agree with that. Black Clover , Boruto, DBS, gradually got better as time went on
Apr 5, 2020 11:05 AM
Apr 2015
Snappynator said:
DragonIncursio said:
It gives the studio more breathing room between each season, along with avoiding catching up with the manga too fast.

JanPri said:
Fillers are incredibly hit or miss, with most leaning towards miss aka quite bad and forgetable. That and it's both expensive and exhausting to keep an anime running like that for long periods of time, especially for smaller studios.

ToG25thBaam said:
JanPri said:
Only if they actually hire capable writers to storyboard their filler episodes. I myself quite enjoy filler episodes in battle shounen, they provide the much needed down time that the original series could not provide, and give us more character interaction between unlikely parties. Unfortunately most filler episodes I've seen try way too hard to include some kind of bombastic battle as if it's canonical, and failed to make it as relevant as the canon story arcs hence resulting in it becoming incredibly mediocre.

They could do filler arcs where they develop Class 1-A's quirks more. I mean it makes sense anyway since this next arc focuses on villains. Make a filler arc where they have to fight a powerful group of villains not named the league of villains. Their quirks would only get stronger
Apr 5, 2020 11:07 AM
Apr 2015
bastek66 said:
DragonIncursio said:

JanPri said:

Do you realize that manga would caught up with manga material and they would have to do fillers? Also with first FMA and Soul Eater after Bones run out of manga material they went anime original which most of people doesn't like or even hate. With FMA:B they had full story so adaptation went smooth (unfortunately quality of animation wasn't as great as previous).

I wouldnt mind fillers tbh since class 1 -a is not seen for awhile, make a filer arc with them developing their quirks by testing them and pushing their limits. There are a number of villains they could create
Apr 5, 2020 1:17 PM

May 2009
DragonIncursio said:
bastek66 said:

I wouldnt mind fillers tbh since class 1 -a is not seen for awhile, make a filer arc with them developing their quirks by testing them and pushing their limits. There are a number of villains they could create

So you are just like dragon ball fanbase that would watch it even if characters were acting like monkeys and throw shit at each other.
Apr 5, 2020 1:27 PM
Apr 2015
bastek66 said:
DragonIncursio said:

So you are just like dragon ball fanbase that would watch it even if characters were acting like monkeys and throw shit at each other.

Lmaoo wtf are you talking about ?? We have barely seen class 1-A at all, until now. In the manga they arent even seen for like months
Apr 5, 2020 6:29 PM
May 2016
TheKawaiiToon said:
Just liked everyone else, I'm not surprised either.

Still looking forward to it though.

JanPri said:

Because Pierrot doesn't know how to make a 13/26 episode properly.

Pierrot did well with Yona of the Dawn, but yeah, otherwise they tend to fail on the front of normal length seasons
Apr 5, 2020 6:34 PM
May 2016
DragonIncursio said:
Damerino said:

It will definitely be a long time. Izuku is at 20% still , he has a long way to go at the rate they are going

that's true, but the author had at one point said something about 30+ volumes being planned, though correct me if I'm wrong, because I don't remember the source, but also it sounds like from what I heard, the manga is in the middle of a pretty big arc to take down the League at the moment. All of this is just hearsay really, but it does seem like the series won't last much longer unless they make a sequel, or spin-off, or have them beat shigaraki, and move on to a new saga or something? I don't know.
Apr 5, 2020 8:08 PM

Aug 2015
I wonder If they are going to censor MVA.
Apr 6, 2020 12:44 AM
Aug 2018
I havent caught up yet since I will wait for the dub to come out, but either way this is great news and I'm looking forward for more in the future for sure!!!
Apr 7, 2020 1:09 PM

Jul 2019
And no surprise to anyone, this anime has an absurd fanbase
Apaixonado por jogos e animes.
Apr 11, 2020 2:28 AM
Jul 2018
studio bones longest series was fma brotherhood which had 64 episodes in total but now mha season 4 and 5 have broken that record long tradition . The Mha manga has had 185 out of its 260 chapters(currently) animated

I can honestly see studio bones passing mha off to another studio to animate the rest in the future but who really knows especially when they making that huge bang of bucks $$$ in return.hmm.....
Apr 11, 2020 7:09 PM
Mar 2020
Excited for the new season, don't really get the fanbase hate tho, lol, all fanbases are similar to me at least.
Apr 11, 2020 7:19 PM

Sep 2019
JanPri said:

They won't have enough materials to adapt if they do so. Plus, bones have many other anime besides this.

Wandering Witch is the best light novel ever!
Apr 13, 2020 11:55 PM
Apr 2020
They should do episodes like black clover keep making episodes and dont stop at 25
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Hanazakari no Kimitachi e' Gets Anime

DatRandomDude - May 14

39 by Yui_Suzumiya69 »»
4 hours ago

» 'Megami no Café Terrace Season 2' Reveals Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - May 14

17 by MegamiRem »»
Yesterday, 12:13 PM

» Winners of the 48th Kodansha Manga Awards

Snow - May 15

12 by Zedlin »»
Yesterday, 11:09 AM

» Animation Studio Artland Seeks Debt Consolidation

arsonal - Jul 9, 2017

36 by Bhanu_LAW_196K1A »»
Yesterday, 2:20 AM

» Smartphone Game 'Garena Free Fire' Gets Anime Project

Hyperion_PS - May 12

42 by Azka_jp »»
May 15, 9:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.