Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 4, 2022 1:54 PM

Apr 2013
Great movie, even though I think it works better in a TV show format. Enjoyed it all the way though with the ending of their produced anime being the icing on the cake. Here's hoping that we'll see a 2nd season one day.
Jan 27, 2022 9:15 AM
Sep 2013
Great movie, felt like a prequel to a new season, otherwise I dont see any meaning of including the 3rd Aerial Wing creator and also the last meeting note on the board.

Please PA Works make it happen.
Feb 23, 2022 2:24 AM

Jul 2008
First of all, I rewatched the entire series before watching the movie, and the series is still outstanding.

The movie was very well done. I would say half a step down from the series. Really loved how it ended, there were parts where I was about to tear up. Even the anime they made had me about to tear up and I wasn't even invested in those characters lol

I really hope we get another season. I just love the cast. I know the ending makes people think there will be, but I don't think that's necessarily true. Last scene just shows the studio was able to get back on it's feet after releasing the movie
Mar 22, 2022 7:58 PM
Mar 2019
Never knew how much is involved in creating Anime til i watched Shirobako.
Don't always understand everything, but it's a nice learning experience.
Apr 12, 2022 1:41 AM
Jul 2018
Overall a very solid movie, the negative reviews doesn't make sense for me.
May 12, 2022 4:22 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Delightful, that's what the series was like for me back when I first watched it and this movie definitely reciprocated some of that gem of a feeling.

Seeing Musashino struggle to the last minute and pull off another great escape en masse was really inspiring to watch. Sort like a deja vu too but that's meant to add on to the experience, I'm sure. Contrast between the studio at the beginning of the movie as opposed to the conclusion brings a smile to my face, honestly. I'm going to miss the interactions of the characters and quirks of the show, for sure.

Miyamori and the Producer from Western Animation stomping the GPU headquarters was awesome to watch, and P.A. Works & co. with their creative representation of that made it even better. Nothing will beat Miyamori's final "Yoroshugozansu" for a while, xD. Also, I love the scenes where they show a bit of their work. Quite the extravagant conclusion they ended up going for, worth the extra effort I suppose.

I appreciated that the movie tried to give the five friends as much screen time as possible but, to be frank, there just wasn't enough time to let that grow on us and that's fully understandable given that there was only 2 hours to work with. And the same goes with a lot of other side characters like the previous President, Honda-san, Sugie-san etc. On the contrary, the extra time spent on, say Endou-san, was nice.

A feeling I'd immediately after finishing the movie was perfectly summed up in the post below:

Lelouch0202 said:
It's ironic because in the movie they state they want to redo the climax because it felt like they were building towards something but then ended it abruptly. I have the exact impression of Shirobako as the movie, they nailed everything, the setting, the initial big picture struggle, the build up towards making the movie in full force is great but then just abruptly cut to the completion of the movie. We don't even get to see them remaking the ending. All the pieces were there but they chose to just end it which is unfortunate.

Truly ironic, isn't it?

Beautiful ED theme song, I expected nothing less from the wonderful folks in fhana! It's been on repeat for a while now and I imagine I'll go back to it regularly for a bit.

All in all, I'll settle with a strong 8/10 for this. Just a shy away from a 9/10. It's sad that this is probably it from the series, but hey you never know so I will pray to see another adaption from the series. This is one of my first anime on making anime so I'm still very fond of the series...
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jul 31, 2022 6:50 AM

Jul 2021
Not the fake end credits lmao, got me good.

Loved the happy ending. Again.

Anime movies sure are a class above TV series, especially in terms of animation, the animation in this one was so pretty looking even when compared to Season 1's BD releases. But that's to be expected I guess?

I did not expect the depressing start, it was sad to see Musani not being full of energy, cheerfullness and people. Many people left for different jobs but in the end they came back for making a movie, it was great.

Still no idea about when the girls get to make their seven lucky movie. This movie came out 4-5 years after the TV series so I think hope for a sequel isn't totally lost. Honestly, I would love to see a sequel, but I'm sure original animes take a lot more prep time compared to adapting from a source so I'm willing to wait.

It's honestly amazing how almost all the characters are so lovable in this anime, keeping the sheer amount of characters in mind.

The Miyamori and Miyai's drinking night was fun to watch lmao.

It made me really happy that Zuka chan was able to land a VA role in the movie, everyone got to work on a project again together, it was great.

But holy fuck I felt so depressed when the GPU jerk started talking about copyrights and shit, it felt like production had to be stopped again. I'm so glad Miyamori and Miyai teamed up and saved everyone and the movie. On a slightly different note, that was quite a VR game that that dude was playing xD.

I fucking loved the way the re-done endng turned out, it was beautiful. A perfect way to end SIVA, no surprise Misani got so much work after that movie, it must have been a huge success. Very happy for them.

After watching Shirobako, whenever I'm eating Donuts, the girls saying, "Don don donuts, don don iko", is gonna play in my head lol.

9/10 movie. Great movie man. Worth the 120 minutes. Really really hoping we get a sequel one day.
TsutanaiFuunJul 31, 2022 6:54 AM

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Sep 13, 2022 2:19 PM

Sep 2017
Yeah I think it's fair to say this movie was definitely not needed. The ending to the series was great and there was nothing more to tell. Still... I quite enjoyed this. Yes it was very fast paced once the movie production started, and the end of the line drama with GPU was wrapped up very quickly, but I still had a lot of fun watching it. The movie production didn't start for 45 mins in and it really could have been something that was a full 12 episodes, especially with me pausing and looking up character names as there are just so god damn many, but it worked and it was fun.
May 23, 2023 9:36 PM

Mar 2017
sad that the other characters were not in the movie!!! but all is well since the ending was good.
season 2 foreshadowing????

猫はかわいいです。 (ꈍ ‸ ꈍ)

Nov 2, 2023 11:51 AM

Nov 2010
That scene of Aoi entering that meeting room with all the members of S1 Shirobako present and then disappearing was so relatable. It really sucks that people come and go. Right now, in the office, many of my friends have moved on to other companies. I'm the only one left surrounded by many new faces. I still don't want to leave my job since it's convenient to work here.

Ryousuke is so lucky to have an understanding and patient wife like Mayumi by his side. Other women would've left him or berated him for being such a loser for a long time.

The scene of the VAs auditioning and recording made me respect their professionalism when I think of them having to record those r*pe scenes I enjoy so much in hentai. *bows deeply* Hehe!

That other studio claiming all the hard work that Musashino Studios poured into that movie pissed me off. That happens all the time in real life, and it's one of the worst traits of humanity that loves to get the upper hand effortlessly to show off to others.

That imagined action scene of them storming GePeu reminded me of Sugar Punch. That was kinda cool! Haha!
Delicious view of Aoi's armpit. I want to lick it!

I wish all directors, producers, and presidents were this willing to have their work scrutinized so they can rework it for the best viewing experience. Nothing is perfect, but the best can be achieved! It's too bad that, in many cases, corporate BS and budget constraints get in the way of art.

This movie felt like watching the Avengers of the anime industry gather to create the ultimate anime movie. Haha! Anyway, this reminded me of the complexities of creating an anime show. This is why I'm lenient when rating a show compared to others. Even a show with a bad plot took a lot of effort to be made. The lowest score I usually give is a 6. However, I do give 5 and 4 for shows that deserve it.
Dec 3, 2023 12:54 AM

Feb 2019
It's great to see everyone again. It's been a while. I forgot some characters, but they slowly came back to me.

But it was so sad to see what had become of Musashino Animation. It was heartbreaking but so depressingly realistic. Thankfully, the rest of the movie didn't go down that depressing route.

Seeing Rinko outside of her goth-loli (?) persona was pretty funny and cute. Glad we got to see her normal self though. Always loved her persona.

The Endo couple is also really cute. Wished we could've seen more. So wholesome.

And finally my one of my favourites, Yano-san and her harsh methods are back! She's a master at playing everyone's fiddle.

Overall good movie. Pretty inspiring, to be honest. Good ol' Shirobako. Sad that there's nothing more after this, but maybe it's better to end things on a high note rather than milk it unnecessarily.

8/10.
Mar 13, 3:57 PM

Jun 2015
It feels nice when the good guys win. That kimono scene was the best.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Possibility of a sequel?

TsutanaiFuun - Jul 31, 2022

6 by Reed_of_PC »»
Mar 16, 7:41 PM

» Some questions

doxyvoxy - Feb 23, 2022

1 by iahuok »»
Feb 25, 2022 9:19 AM

» "Yopin...? "

Icha-kun - Jan 15, 2021

4 by Icha-kun »»
Dec 15, 2021 4:53 AM

» Dub?

Malefika - Sep 30, 2021

4 by removed-user »»
Oct 7, 2021 9:56 AM

» Shirobako U.S. Theaters release

snowykevin - Jul 2, 2021

2 by boldulysses »»
Jul 19, 2021 10:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.