Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 8 9 [10]
Mar 28, 2018 2:29 PM
Feb 2018
Started off as a good Anime. Ended up as trash.
I was enjoying it up to around episode 8 where every thing got mixed up and the story got pointless.

Literally everyone was depressed over nothing. And at the end Noe was left alone. Bad ending for me.
May 12, 2018 3:44 PM

Dec 2015
Well another piece of crap that i regret watching like always....
Aug 13, 2018 6:40 PM

Aug 2013
i want my 260 min back
Sep 22, 2018 12:45 PM
Jul 2018

8/10, was gonna be a masterpiece but it's a really weak ending. It didn't matter who he chose but how it was executed.

Oct 19, 2018 3:38 PM

Nov 2016
The possiblity for another outcome was basically 0.

To summarize my thoughts. The characters were good and their struggle relateable to a certain degree, story felt a bit flat at some parts, but was overall solid. The beautiful presentation is where this show shined. It could convince me to jump from a 6 to a 7/10 eventually.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 29, 2019 9:11 AM
Apr 2016
Well, I guess the ending is pretty satisfying, even though I was shipping for Noe... Good anime, a lot of twists, drama, love expressed in a really poetic beautiful way, unique awesome characters. 8~/10
Mar 13, 2019 1:00 AM

Jan 2016
gioss said:
*re-writes the ending*
Shin realizes how much Noe is important for him, as she was the one who cheers him up, gives him courage, etc. Thus he told Hiromi that he likes Noe better. Hiromi (depressed) went to Jun's and tries to have sex with him, Jun declines, slaps her, and see the reality. As time passes, Hiromi finally accepted, that she "graduated" from Shin (like Aiko?). Meanwhile, Noe (depressed) tries to do suicide, because of too much pressure on her and she couldn't get it out since she couldn't cry. Thus Shin tries to stop her, and Shin told her that he loves her. Noe couldn't believe, cuz she thought he's in love with Hiromi, Shin proved it by trying to commit suicide as well. Thus it convinced Noe and they kissed and sex. At the end of Winter, the snows are melting and Shin holding hands with Noe saw the stones written "I love Noe". The end.
I prefer this ending
Apr 12, 2019 11:12 PM

Aug 2017
I'm ok with Hiromi victory, maybe she's the best as she is the promised one.

At least weird Noe didn't win.

This show tried to be good but I don't think it succeeded. Didn't like.
Apr 29, 2019 8:04 PM

Dec 2017
One of the rare shows where childhood friend wins. Normally would be super happy but this is a special case where I'm conflicted about whether I actually like the ending or not...
Least degenerate visual novel enjoyer.

Jun 26, 2019 1:24 AM

Oct 2010
I liked Noe better, damn that pantsu shot, I waited for something to happen so I didn't pay attention to the floor.
Oct 11, 2019 2:14 PM
Oct 2014
MoRyu said:
gioss said:
*re-writes the ending*
Shin realizes how much Noe is important for him, as she was the one who cheers him up, gives him courage, etc. Thus he told Hiromi that he likes Noe better. Hiromi (depressed) went to Jun's and tries to have sex with him, Jun declines, slaps her, and see the reality. As time passes, Hiromi finally accepted, that she "graduated" from Shin (like Aiko?). Meanwhile, Noe (depressed) tries to do suicide, because of too much pressure on her and she couldn't get it out since she couldn't cry. Thus Shin tries to stop her, and Shin told her that he loves her. Noe couldn't believe, cuz she thought he's in love with Hiromi, Shin proved it by trying to commit suicide as well. Thus it convinced Noe and they kissed and sex. At the end of Winter, the snows are melting and Shin holding hands with Noe saw the stones written "I love Noe". The end.
I prefer this ending

Poor Hiromi... But I prefer this ending too.
Nov 17, 2019 1:01 PM
Jul 2016
procion said:
MoRyu said:
I prefer this ending

Well, crappy fanfiction is all chicken girl fanboys have. Ending was great. Hiromi was always the only one for Shin.
Nov 20, 2019 8:49 PM
Nov 2019
Create account just for saying HIROMI FTW !!!
Dec 5, 2019 8:44 AM
Aug 2015
even after more than decades people still salty about the ending lol
Dec 24, 2019 2:45 AM
Dec 2019
this post should change to "post where noe fan butthurt and crying" lmao,literally a post about last episode is full of "the episode is BAD because noe lose" end of discussion,u kidding me? lmao
Jan 3, 2020 6:43 PM
Jul 2013
Can someone explain the final 3 minutes of this episode to me. Aiko's sideways glance makes me think she still has a thing for Shin. Shin and Hiromi on the beach looks like they still aren't that close. Noe looks like she is mad at her friends, and ends up taking a flying leap off the end of the pier onto the rocks beyond. What did I miss?
Jan 23, 2020 6:42 PM
Jan 2020
bbqbud said:
Can someone explain the final 3 minutes of this episode to me. Aiko's sideways glance makes me think she still has a thing for Shin. Shin and Hiromi on the beach looks like they still aren't that close. Noe looks like she is mad at her friends, and ends up taking a flying leap off the end of the pier onto the rocks beyond. What did I miss?
Get the drama CD, https://myanimelist.net/anime/8230/True_Tears_Epilogue
Jan 23, 2020 6:42 PM
Jan 2020
G-Pele23 said:
procion said:

Well, crappy fanfiction is all chicken girl fanboys have. Ending was great. Hiromi was always the only one for Shin.
Yes shit girl for a shit guy
Jan 23, 2020 6:46 PM

Dec 2014
well, just think of it as censored version school days
Signature removed. Check your inbox
Apr 3, 2020 2:54 PM

May 2016
Noe fan here sitting sad... well glad it didn't went dark like school days.

6/10
Apr 25, 2020 8:53 PM

Apr 2015
One main strength and two main weaknesses.

The strength is in the script and presentation, how the producers handled delicate emotional sequences and scenes, almost on a level unmatched by almost all of anime except for shoujo shows.

Weakness 1 is the quality and relevance of the metaphors; for a show that relies so much on them that the structure hinges on it and even the title talks about them, the bloody chickens etc. never really felt truly consequential nor beautiful/poetic and just kind of staggered ahead in parallel to the main plot.

Weakness 2 is the shoddily written main characters and especially the Nakagami household, they felt variously hollow/unhuman/detached from reality and it was very hard to follow their emotions and vibe to them from a certain point. Both the main girls lost most of their charm they had from the middle and Shin never really had any to start with.

The strength coupled with a nicely presented MPDG created an inviting and interesting atmosphere that carried through the first few episodes but as soon as the plot just slightly complicated the latter two took effect and the show seemed to collapse into itself around the MCs, never really recovering. 4/10 maybe.
Apr 26, 2020 10:14 PM
Jul 2019
Here's my thoughts:
Shinichiro=Natsuki Subaru
Noe=Rem
Hiromi≠Emelia
May 3, 2020 8:38 AM
Jul 2018
sigh......I don't like this ending
May 24, 2020 7:19 PM
Jan 2017
Just finished true tears and tbh I’m glad how it ended i wanted hiromi to win mostly cause she played basketball!! Tbh I’m a huge anime person but never started slice of life since quarantine hit. But have to say this show wasn’t bad yeah there was a lot of stuff going on behind his back but, i still think the ending was great! I wish i would get something to show what happens later down the road but as scene this came out almost ten years ago i highly doubt that..
Jun 10, 2020 12:22 PM

Oct 2012
well after all the ads from crunchy roll to watch this anine I binged it in 1 night.

I gotta say. why have the kiss prior to the closure instead after confessing. oh well I guess a hug was enough.

I sont understand why noe couldn't stay friends with shin and be friends hurumi. instead just cut off ties completely. doesn't feel like closure or that things were done right. it felt like myself yourself ending. not wholesome because not everyone was united together. maybe thats just life I guess.

6 out of 10 for me. after reading domestic girl friend I guess I'm going to have to get used to rushed not feeling complete endings.

I think moral of the story is being honest from the jump. even it may hurt people. you'll have alot of burden to yourself and to others. poor brother oh well not oriemo or hentai. but at least he was finally honest with himself. you kind of new from the start he was in love with his younger sister becuase its basically the 2 of them together.

if anyone reads this if you can recommend romance anime like this with great closure and everyone is friends that be great. toodles.
Jun 13, 2020 9:41 AM

Apr 2016
Finally re-watched it after something like six years just to find that I still love this series.
Aug 15, 2020 5:58 PM
Jun 2020
Just finished the anime. What an lackluster ending, the devious character gets the true happy ending, please. Shinichiro is so blind by his initial emotions that he's unable to see that Noe is actually the better couple for him. He should have grown out of his emotions for Hiromi just like Aiko did with him. That's character development not returning to the initial situation. Just a bad anime that ended as it began, a worthless trip just to be honest. Art was good though. 5/10 (I am being generous here)
Aug 15, 2020 6:02 PM
Jun 2020
Lanz said:

The strength is in the script and presentation, how the producers handled delicate emotional sequences and scenes, almost on a level unmatched by almost all of anime except for shoujo shows.

Weakness 1 is the quality and relevance of the metaphors; for a show that relies so much on them that the structure hinges on it and even the title talks about them, the bloody chickens etc. never really felt truly consequential nor beautiful/poetic and just kind of staggered ahead in parallel to the main plot.

Weakness 2 is the shoddily written main characters and especially the Nakagami household, they felt variously hollow/unhuman/detached from reality and it was very hard to follow their emotions and vibe to them from a certain point. Both the main girls lost most of their charm they had from the middle and Shin never really had any to start with.

The strength coupled with a nicely presented MPDG created an inviting and interesting atmosphere that carried through the first few episodes but as soon as the plot just slightly complicated the latter two took effect and the show seemed to collapse into itself around the MCs, never really recovering. 4/10 maybe.
Lanz said:

Totally agree
I can't understand how people can find this ending fulfilling in any way.
Sep 26, 2020 5:55 PM

Jan 2020
Why did I watch this borefest, lol.
Nov 16, 2020 10:11 PM

Oct 2013
kurotsuki said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Finally over.
bad end for Noe :(
Hiromi shipper can now rejoice in peace .
I was sad for Noe at first , but then I thought back , and came to the conclusion Shin didn't deserve her .
At least i'm happy for Aiko and Nobuse .
And with that I am now done with romance stuff for a good long time .

Done with the romance stuff now too after this shit end, at least you didn't waste your time thinking maybe you would give an older show a chance. No wonder I didn't watch this 12 years ago!
Also his name should be Simp not Shin with how he went with that thot Hitomi...there perfect for each other since the both suck balls.
Noe ftw
Nov 16, 2020 11:24 PM

Oct 2013
Well it was good to see the childhood friend thats been with the guy forever win once and not the random girl that just showed up outta nowhere. Nowadays it's always the rando girl that wins and the childhood friend or classmate or whatever is wearing the blue hair.

But personally noe just had the better personality and was the one that actually tried to be with the MC and understand him and help him. Hiromi was always just running away or making matters worse, bitch get over it and fuck already if you really liked him forever. Even if he had been your half brother just smash who cares, or at least do t take the cunt mom at face value and do your own research, have a little faith in your real mom and dad.
Feb 3, 2021 9:43 AM
Feb 2021
Coming back to this show again after YEARS since the first time I saw it. It still blows me away.

Shin has made the biggest mistake of his life by choosing Hiromi - who he wants only because he wants someone to need him - over Noe who actually makes him happy. And the fact a show was willing to not only have its MC make such a huge mistake but to actually grapple with the consequences of that choice in a serious way makes this one of the best slice of life dramas I've ever seen.

True Tears is god tier, and I will fight anyone who says otherwise.
Feb 11, 2021 11:23 PM
Oct 2020
I actually liked the ending because she was never able to admit for 3 years because of the stigma she would get for them living together so once she moved out I actually thought it was a great time to admit which she did, I liked Noe but I saw her as a younger sister to the Mc and another critique about the Mc is, if you like a girl that lives with you and she finally admits after you move out because of the drama of the house with the mom or would you choose the girl who you care for but don’t exactly love in a kissing way! He choose correctly and choose the person he loved forever and just couldn’t admit because she was stuck in the house! I love the ending 10/10 I rated it !!!!!!!! Give me critiques I love to debate
Aug 8, 2021 9:10 PM
Jul 2018
Garbage ending. This is an anime where I was totally on the side of the wrong girl I suppose. I was all in for Noe. The writers did an excellent job at making her likeable and cute. They did an excellent job at making Hiromi a bland, uninteresting character who is kind of a bitch to be frank. There weren't explicit scenes showcasing this but whenever it involved Noe, her more apathetic and cold side would peek out from the shadows. Culminating in that scene at the festival where she just bluntly tells Noe to leave her and Shinichirou alone; a polite way to say "piss off".

I guess the message they wanted to give for Noe was that she doesn't need to be dependent on Shinichirou and she's a strong girl. Such bullshit, I don't need a message like that. I need pure love to win, I want the ideal. True Tears isn't that and it turns out it didn't strive to be that. Or if it did, it failed horribly. What is there that is beautiful about Shinichirou's relationship with Hiromi? It was nothing but him lusting after a beautiful girl. When it comes to Hiromi, I don't even know why she likes Shinichirou; I guess he's warm towards her which for her is good enough. Noe and Shinichirou seemed to share a stronger bond (or had the potential to if the writers didn't mess it up). Two unlikely and weird people coming together and falling in love, discovering what love really means and what it means to fly together.

Instead, we get an ending where Noe has to deal with her love rejecting her, her brother having incestuous feelings toward her, and being back in the same spot where the show started, except now she has regained her tears. But she didn't really collect Shinichirou's, she ended up walking away from his (rightfully so). Instead her tears come when looking at the message Shinichirou wrote her, that he loves her. The lie that Shinichirou wrote, the lie that made her so happy, ultimately breaking her heart. Man, what a cruel anime.

Should one final episode turn an anime from an easy 7-8/10, to 4/10? I don't know, but a 4/10 is adequate to how I feel about this. True Tears indeed, true tears of disappointment. Except I didn't cry, this anime wanted me to but I couldn't be moved to tears by this garbage.

CKWatt said:
Shin has made the biggest mistake of his life by choosing Hiromi - who he wants only because he wants someone to need him - over Noe who actually makes him happy. And the fact a show was willing to not only have its MC make such a huge mistake but to actually grapple with the consequences of that choice in a serious way makes this one of the best slice of life dramas I've ever seen.

What consequences? Him looking sort of sad in the ending when walking with Hiromi on the beach? Not enough.

Maybe the Epilogue OVA fixes things. I guess we'll find out. EDIT: I already saw the epilogue, it played right after the end of the last episode for me. I just assumed it was part of the last episode. Wow what a joke. Horrible fucking ending.

G-Pele23 said:
procion said:

"Chicken girl fanboys", are you for real? Why do you even like this anime if you don't like the chickens, which was a major symbol in this anime? What even is this anime good for if not for Noe and her 'quest' to collect tears and fly? Honestly Noe was what made this anime good. Without her this anime would be nothing.

Final thoughts:
More than anything, I'm disappointed. I had a good feeling that I would quite like this anime and that it would be a beautiful one that I'd have good memories with. I always love remembering my favorite romances in anime.
True Tears won't be an anime that I look back on with warmth and nostalgia. It had so much potential to be an anime like that, but it was completely squandered. To add insult to injury, Raigomaru's picture book was mostly trashed and when recovered, the last page was missing. So not even Raigomaru got his proper tribute. Just awful all around.
removed-userAug 8, 2021 9:51 PM
Oct 15, 2021 5:50 PM
Dec 2017
and alls well ends well

Nov 24, 2021 3:03 PM

Jan 2013
the late 2000s/early 2010s really like pushing love stories with almost all unlikable characters and this is definitely one of them. like only the best friend, to a degree Noe, and the chicken are the only decent ones here
the music is good tho…especially the Opening and Ending
dannymilkNov 24, 2021 3:18 PM
Jan 2, 2022 8:23 AM

Jul 2016
I was rooting for Noe until the end lol

Man this hurts.
Jan 24, 2022 4:41 PM

Aug 2014
Ill never understand what is the appeal of True Tears, that many anime fans, specially romance fans, just love this anime since it first came out in early 2008.  This anime of True Tears is just bland. 

True Tears is 13 episodes, but it should have been about 10 episodes to get to the point quicker, and maybe it can be an easier watch.  But I will admit that True Tears did get better from episode 8 till the end, but that still wont save it from those dull first 7 episodes.

True Tears is not a bad anime, but as I said, its mostly just bland and meh, that I cannot really criticized much about it, but that I just do not have much motivation to keep watching and marathoning it. I guess that is what happens with anime that have a "soap-opera-drama" feel to it with the heavy-dramatic background violin music.

The male MC is a fine character and not bland nor boring, however, I just dont see why these 3 cute girls are all drooling over him. Nothing about him stands out as a guy that can steal a girl's heart, neither personality nor physically. 

And I just hated how the male MC was so rude to his mother from the very beginning of the anime till the end. 

The only thing that gave me some interest in this anime, and it was very small interest since there were barely any scenes, was the love triangle between the male MC/Restaurant Chef Girl/Best Friend of the male MC. ......  But again, we barely got any scenes between this love triangle, and its not like I was even that invested in it when they showed us something since they barely showed us scenes.

Overall, True Tears = not a bad anime, its just a bland anime that should have been 10 episodes and not 13 episodes. I did like how the anime used symbolism. I also did like that Noe was able to cry in the final episode.  And nice leg-split in this final episode by Hiromi :) .
oooo3333Mar 11, 2:06 AM
Feb 2, 2022 2:23 PM

Aug 2017
Shin chose Hiromi! I mean, the anime tried to bait us with a pseudo-incest but the person writing this was scared at the end. It would have been intriguing to watch if they happened to be half-siblings and how they would have dealt with it. And all characters were terrible, one worse than the other. Schools suspending students for no valid reason, "bullying", cringe protagonist, awful romance interests. At least this abomination was quickly forgotten by 2022.

One of the most generic romance out there. 1/10 for the anime.

PD: the characters section is wrong. Jun Isurugi has more screentime in this anime and not the pseudo-love interest Aiko yet she's listed as main character lmao.
NurguburuFeb 4, 2022 8:05 AM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Feb 15, 2022 11:14 PM

Oct 2018
I think people misunderstood the actual point of the ending and the story. I actual liked the ending tbh as a Noe fan. The main premise of the show was to Shinichiro fullfilling his promise to get Noe's tears back. Yes, he's suitable for Noe but he also need to fullfill his promise to Noe. By what? By breaking her heart from her happiness that she felt from loving Shinichiro. That's the real point of the story, as Shinichiro gave her tears back when Noe chose him to be the chosen one. I liked the symbolism of the title and the ending.

“Once you've been loved once and have loved once, you cannot forget it.”
― Natsume Takashi
Apr 15, 2022 7:25 AM
Dec 2021
great anime!
∫ 1 dx=x+c, ∫∫ 1 dxdy=xy+X ∫∫∫ 1 dxdydz =xyz+c
Apr 30, 2022 7:47 AM

Mar 2020
As expected from P.A. What an amazing anime with great animation.
Kinda hurt tho.
nice
Dec 18, 2023 4:38 PM

Nov 2016
This show was quite literally awful.

I'm glad Shin picked Hiromi(even if she literally had to go and tell him to make a decision, knowing the unlikeable sop that he is), but it really doesn't redeem just how awful the rest of it is. It's like it's School Days but without the depravity? Yet it still has completely unlikeable characters, and the only character who is somewhat likeable is just forced to suffer all the time.

A lot of plot threads don't matter whatsoever and a lot of the drama is so obviously forced. Some scenes just make me question why they were included at all. Overall, a waste of time.
Jan 4, 12:15 AM

Nov 2012
Definitely one of those animes who've won by the childhood friend. If this was a more modern anime, noe would easily win this.
Mar 7, 8:03 PM
Mar 2020
this is why this show is a 7 bordering a 6, not an 8
Noe clean sweeps instead of normal kuudere static nonsense
Pages (10) « First ... « 8 9 [10]

More topics from this board

Poll: » True Tears Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

gioss - Jan 26, 2008

103 by miruhii »»
Aug 10, 2023 7:50 PM

Poll: » True Tears Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

radiantfire - Jan 20, 2008

94 by miruhii »»
Aug 10, 2023 6:59 PM

Poll: » True Tears Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

radiantfire - Jan 12, 2008

83 by miruhii »»
Aug 10, 2023 5:50 PM

Poll: » True Tears Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

radiantfire - Jan 5, 2008

95 by miruhii »»
Aug 10, 2023 5:08 PM

» True Tears Quotes

ClannadForever - Jun 9, 2009

6 by Syureria »»
Dec 11, 2022 12:36 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.