Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jan 13, 2020 9:06 AM

Jul 2014
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Got Amazon Prime so I was able to binge the shit out of this, it was a meh kinda ending but only because it tried to do some dumb drama in the end that actually made me rate it lower, the comedy parts were a blast, but entering ep 11 and 12 things got unnecessary cringe with Himuro being bitchy (regardless she had her reasons but her reasons are fucking bullshit , at least she realizes it herself but she still shit) loved her prior to her stupid tantrum that caused 2 eps of unwanted drama.
Best girl is the loli Ibara and normie Kanade, fuck Himuro.
Amamiya Sora was a treat to her throughout tho, and I liked Kanade's VA, hope she gets more roles (she reminds me of Ayaneru's voice)
Both OP and ED were amazing! couldn't skip them and sang along the ED everytime it started playing.
Overall it was a good series minus the forced random drama in the end.
5/10.
Jan 13, 2020 12:48 PM

Dec 2017
well, i expected it to end this way. the drama in the last two episodes was intentionally forced to create this setting for a kiss scene. i wasn't bothered by it too much because it made a fine conclusion as opposed to to how their usual experiments would go

i don't even know if i wanna go read the manga after this because it just finished on such a nice spot. don't even try to bullshit me that they're not dating at this point with this """open ending'"" shit

also, yeah Ibarada obviously stole the spot for best girl in this one

Jan 14, 2020 12:28 AM

Jul 2015
Overall the show was fun. I'm just glad it released all in one shot because I think I would've lost interest in it waiting week after week.
Jan 31, 2020 5:31 AM

Apr 2010
Honestly it was a nice anime to watch the characters where funny and the events that happened where nice as well.
And in the end the couple finally managed to take the next step.
However with their stubbornness the step after this one will probably take a while.

The Mangaka was being very mean tho.
Mar 13, 2020 9:02 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Very good anime overall, it was really pleasant to watch especially for a love comedy
Mar 13, 2020 9:21 AM
Jul 2018
Good ending to the series, I wouldn’t mind a season 2.
Mar 13, 2020 9:22 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
About time Himoru and Yukimura made up. Despite the anime being frustrating to watch at times, it ended on a higher note. Himoru and Yukimura have taken the first step to being in a relationship, but they have a long way to go.

I give this anime a 7/10 and I'm going to check out the web manga. Also the anime could have use a little bit more fan service.

I do agree with Ibarada being best girl because she carried the remainder of this series.

Mar 13, 2020 9:41 AM

Jan 2014
That middle bit honestly made me laugh so much. it was so fitting for the show, they even made it look like it was gonna have the opening theme play over it lmao.
Mar 13, 2020 10:10 AM
Jul 2019
well, that's all folks..........Frankly, I got nothing but annoyance from this anime.
Mar 13, 2020 10:11 AM

Feb 2019
-Stray said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Got Amazon Prime so I was able to binge the shit out of this, it was a meh kinda ending but only because it tried to do some dumb drama in the end that actually made me rate it lower, the comedy parts were a blast, but entering ep 11 and 12 things got unnecessary cringe with Himuro being bitchy (regardless she had her reasons but her reasons are fucking bullshit , at least she realizes it herself but she still shit) loved her prior to her stupid tantrum that caused 2 eps of unwanted drama.
Best girl is the loli Ibara and normie Kanade, fuck Himuro.
Amamiya Sora was a treat to her throughout tho, and I liked Kanade's VA, hope she gets more roles (she reminds me of Ayaneru's voice)
Both OP and ED were amazing! couldn't skip them and sang along the ED everytime it started playing.
Overall it was a good series minus the forced random drama in the end.
5/10.

was it on prime JP only or?
Mar 13, 2020 10:38 AM

Feb 2019
Can't believe we've reached the end of this. Wow I'm sad to see Himuro and Yukimura go. For sure one of the most slept on of the season

Ok, just finished, omg so when the kiss at the beach happened I was legit Jordan fistpumping the air and cheesing like a mf. I love cute romance shows so much. It was such a rewarding moment. Now we just need Ena and kouhai to get together and I'll be complete.

The ending had a sense of finality, so I don't think there will be a s2, but I will def continue reading the manga, have bought the first 5 volumes already, It's been a pleasure watching this with y'all! Overall, Rikekoi gets 9 hearts out of 10.
Mar 13, 2020 10:41 AM
Sep 2015
Cringy but at least my Kosuke is still a virgin so I'm OK.
Mar 13, 2020 11:20 AM

Sep 2014
I enjoyed it, thought it was pretty funny
7/10
Mar 13, 2020 11:42 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Pretty cheesy but intellectual finale. Basically and exactly what you'd expect from this show xD.

It's good that the mangaka preserved the original present but the whole scheme really wasn't a nice move at all, by any means. Ibarada-senpai leaving holes in her wallet was a nice payback but certainly not enough to make up for playing with human emotions, especially of Himuro's although she'll probably take it at the end of the day.

Anyway, Himuro was a real sweetheart to watch this episode. Mad props to the VA, Amamiya Sora, for absolutely nailing it! But no doubt that Yukimura stole the spotlight this episode starting from the threat to the mangaka to the eventful "kiss" (and more on that in a bit) and everything in between, lol.

Hilarious turnout of events during the whole eventful "kiss" scene. What is this show without its grace of science, amirite lmao? It's been coming since midway through the season and it was rewarding overall plus some sweet moments to follow as well.

Yukimura finally straight flat on his face at the end of the piggyback ride was the lol moment of the episode for me. Poor lad, lol. And recreating the kiss... Ah, it's just another day for Science-type Lovers lads.

And a special mention Kanade-chan's reaction, it was absolutely on point! But, with that said, I wouldn't mind a Season 2 of this, in all honesty. I mean, the "thing" has just started, right? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

All things considered, this has been a pretty fun show to keep up with week in and week out overall. I can see why people would find this aggravating somewhere along the line and I won't deny I, too, felt it in phases but it definitely deserved a greater audience, I feel.

Kyousuke and Ibara (or Kanade-chan and her mathematics teacher maybe) have been my OTP of the show and I was hoping for some development on that front but it's fine lol. Kyousuke's "Aika?" following Kanade-chan's knocking to alert Yukimura was fantastic and I'm more than content with this lol.

Op & ED were both really great too, you bet they're on my playlist already yo~ Seriously though, using the piano version of the ED was brilliant and it's been a pleasure to tune in to these over the last 10 weeks or so. Moreover, Voice Acting, too, was fantastic and the Animation fairly good so nothing really to gripe on here.

As such, I'm going to settle with a solid 7/10 for the show. Wouldn't mind a Season 2 y'know but I highly doubt we'll be getting that (despite the recent flux of sequels getting to see daylight).

Got to say, I'm a little disappointed that they didn't touch on their past encounter though. Would've been a treat to watch, I'm sure. Oh well, hopefully an OVA (at least, open for more of course) will suffice that deficiency...
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Mar 13, 2020 11:52 AM

Jul 2017
pretty nice romcom if I say so myself. I'll agree the drama in the last 2 eps wasn't the greatest, but it was still pretty fun. Liked all the science applications that were used throughout

fuck significant figures/10
Mar 13, 2020 11:54 AM
Mar 2020
Great series, was quite fun to watch , hoping it gets a second Season, 9/10 by me, +1 for the weird plot
Mar 13, 2020 12:10 PM

Sep 2018
Gotta love romcoms that actually know how to give a satisfying ending! I've watched too many bad ones, this was a pleasant surprise. bonus points for a decently likeable cast as well
Mar 13, 2020 12:15 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Looks like the failure of Himuro's plan really affected her badly. While the revelation of the culprit was as expected the similarity between Arika and Yukimura though was an interesting observation. Still its nice that Arika didn't actually break the real present in her plan. The reunion between Yukimura and Himuro on the bridge though sure proved to be quite dramatic thanks to Himuro's release of her pent up feelings. In the end it was nice that the trip was both a success and that Yukimura managed to mend the rift that had formed between him and Himuro. Though it sure was exhausting for the former the results were worth it. Overall an excellent ep that managed to end both the Okinawa arc and the series on a high note by mixing revelations and emotions flawlessly.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 13, 2020 12:22 PM

Aug 2013
Not a bad ending for a good show. Yeah, I agree that the last two episodes were not great, especially with that drama. Good thing Himuro and Yukimura were able to make up. They even kissed.

Ibarada best girl!!! <3

Mar 13, 2020 1:24 PM

Oct 2017
Nice they finally kissed which was really sweet. Well except for the last two episodes this was a really fun romcom. The drama in last two episode was forced but oh well we got a kiss so it was fine. Ena chan was savage with the senpai lol, she ordered a bunch of pricy stuff. Too bad didn't get to see much of Ena x Kosuke. Anyway overall this was a lovely romcom anime.
Mar 13, 2020 2:05 PM

Mar 2017
Such a perfect end... they FINALLY KISSED! And I think we all have to admit that Yukimura was pretty cool at that moment too haha

I really hope there will be a season 2 because I wanna see more of these awesome characters and more romance between Himuro & Yukimura, now that they finally admitted they have feelings for each other!
Mar 13, 2020 2:11 PM

May 2015
That bitch mangaka pissed me off, the explanation of her actions didn't make it any better. I'm glad Yukimura got angry too.

Poor Himuro, had to suffer so much. This was actually pretty painful to watch because I could totally relate to her, she was even very admirably calm at first, given her situation. When she broke down and asked Yukimura to just hold her... I can't explain it, but it was a great emotional moment. Himuro is so lucky that everything turned out this way, that Yukimura was actually there for her and she wasn't left alone with all those awful feelings.

I like the way it ended, they both are still too clever for their own good but at least they are willing to kiss even if they have to come up with excuses for this.

Also, the bear completely gave up at this point, lol. He was so lazy in recent episodes, basically saying to just google it. Now he's like this.
Not that I mind, he was kinda annoying.

Overall, it was quite a fun show, a bit silly at times but nice. Probably won't be memorable though, maybe more focus on romantic moments between the main couple and less comedy would have made it be better.
Mar 13, 2020 2:44 PM
May 2017
Although there were some fluffy stuffs in the end i'm still not sold on this anime/series. 5/10
Rytakahashi09Mar 13, 2020 4:42 PM
Mar 13, 2020 2:56 PM

Mar 2010
I would have thoroughly enjoyed their thesis paper on the concept of love and what other remnants and strings it is attached too. The kiss was pretty fast I would have to agree on that point. If only this was a full blown hentai then I would have gotten a boner, but all in all not bad. I had lots of good laughs which make me feel like this was well worth the watch. Though If I were to be honest, many of the lessons went in one ear and out the other... Unfortunately. Seems like my brain needs re calibration.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Mar 13, 2020 2:59 PM

Nov 2009
Great ending to a great show. Gotta pick up the manga for more. (Especially for more Ibarada.)
Mar 13, 2020 3:35 PM

Apr 2018
I love this one a lot. It's something different and refreshing. 9/10

But that mangaka bitch can fuck off.
Watashi wa a victim of cyberbullying. Everyday someone online calls me a "weeb" desu. Watashi won't stand for this. 26 percent of bullying victims are chosen due to their race or religion desu. I may look like a basic white boy, but deep down I am Nihongo desu. Watashi religion is anime. Anata wa bullying me because of my race and religion desu ka? Disgusting desu. Anata should be ashamed of yourself, racist pig. A baka gaijin like anata is probably jealous of my race and culture, cause Nippon is more sugoi than your shitty country desu. Watashi pity anata. You'll never be Nihongo like watashi. Educate yourself on nani a "weeb" is.
Mar 13, 2020 3:38 PM
Review Moderator
Book Princess

Nov 2018
This must have been pretty popular, since when I went to type in the equation on the glasses case at the end of the show in Wolfram Alpha to see the graph for myself, the equation popped up as the top suggestion after only entering the (x^2 term. I found that quite amusing.
Every day you can read a book or watch some anime is a good day!
Mar 13, 2020 4:11 PM

May 2019
What a satisfying ending it was. The kiss was beautiful.

People kept comparing this to Kaguya-sama, and while I loved both of them, this had a much better ending. Kaguya-sama's ending felt like being back to square one.

I hope we see a season 2. It was pretty underrated here in MAL, idk how it did in Japan...
If you read Eleceed you're automatically my friend.
Mar 13, 2020 5:02 PM

Jun 2017
Eh, gets a solid 7 from me. It had many fun parts but the drama at the and wasn't really my cup of tea. Also fuck that mangaka.

A bit more focus on the other pairing would have been cool as well.
Mar 13, 2020 5:49 PM

Nov 2019
The joke/plot/everything got old in the first half of episode 1

One dimensional like Kaguya san and Takagi san

You already know they still won't get what love is until the last episode or for who knows how long the manga is going

They'll try to prove their feelings, they still won't get it, rinse and repeat

Ibarada is best girl and the only likeable character, the rest are detestable boring and generic

Kanade is so bad as a straight man role

1/10
Mar 13, 2020 5:58 PM

Dec 2016
How about that reference of Kishuku Gakkou Juliet? Design's were pretty much similar, but the colors were a lot different
Mar 13, 2020 6:01 PM
Oct 2019
great ending! love all the acoustic versions of the songs! hoping 4 season 2!
Mar 13, 2020 7:11 PM
Jun 2017
Cute finale indeed, and love that scene where they 1st kiss...

Overall i love this series
Mar 13, 2020 7:20 PM

Nov 2019
eXtripa69 said:
How about that reference of Kishuku Gakkou Juliet? Design's were pretty much similar, but the colors were a lot different

Wut? Lmao Kishuku gakkou juliet is just one of the many anime and manga Romeo and Juliet inspired theme

Written by Shakespeare in the late 1500s

wOw NiCe KiShUkU GaKkOu JuLiEt rEfErEnCe
Haunt88Mar 13, 2020 7:27 PM
Mar 13, 2020 7:29 PM

Jan 2016
That was a good anime. Wasn't a masterpiece or anything, but I still enjoyed it. The kiss scene was also good.

If you're wondering what the equation at the end means, it's this:

(x^2 + y^2 -1)^3 = x^2y^3

Got that from someone in Reddit.
Mar 13, 2020 7:32 PM
Jan 2017
After 12 episodes, Science Fell in Love, So I Tried to Prove It comes to an end. Yukimura and Himuro realize they still have a long way to go in order to understand the ways of love, but they do care for each other, in their own logical and intellectual way, and that's a good start. I'm really glad this show got a satisfying conclusion and I hope we get a second season.
Mar 13, 2020 8:14 PM
Jun 2019
YggdraSEED said:
eXtripa69 said:

Wut? Lmao Kishuku gakkou juliet is just one of the many anime and manga Romeo and Juliet inspired theme

The two characters and the school badges in the background straight up came from Kishuku Gakkou Juliet, just colored differently.
Mar 13, 2020 8:19 PM

Nov 2018
For me, that was a great anime just like a kishuku no gakkou no Juliet (boarding school Juliet) although in the difference between these two anime in terms of series was only the kissing scene..😅😅😅 and speaking about the season 2; their will possibility that it never come out in season 2 unless you continue to read manga series then it will be accepted...
Because if you read manga,there lots of chapter scene will come out and the result will be become excellent especially at the ending story...
Mar 13, 2020 9:00 PM
Nov 2016
Great episode.
But damn, the mangaka senpai is rotten to the core. Toranuske searching for senpai in the bin was hilarious and the scenes with Himuro and Yukimura together were awesome, cute and funny.

I'm surprised this anime managed to keep being interesting and entertaining.
Every time (or episode) i thought "damn, they better spice things up next episode or it could maybe get boring", they actually spiced things up. Good job. It was entertaining from start to finish.

Good anime 7/10.
Mar 13, 2020 10:36 PM

Aug 2011
i was going to give this a 7/10 but the fact that
Mar 14, 2020 12:40 AM

May 2019
loved the ending, only the parts when I could forget about drama that got them there.

Mar 14, 2020 12:41 AM

May 2019
shouyo said:
i was going to give this a 7/10 but the fact that

Lmao that got me pretty good too.

Mar 14, 2020 12:42 AM

Apr 2016
This anime was so great. My favorite romantic comedy <3
Final score 8/10
(time to read the manga)

Mar 14, 2020 1:21 AM
Feb 2020
Torasuke was looking for Himuro in trash can 🤣🤣, nice Ending to the show, 8/10, time to read manga now
Mar 14, 2020 3:24 AM
Fuwa_san

Mar 2013
When you done with school, but the anime just gotta remind you back of things you were taught. I love the way they plan the experiment and presenting their research. I had to present my senior thesis paper when I was still in college, and boy getting questioned by the prof and say I don't is tough irl btw.

Not bad 8/10

One thing I must say, this anime is not for kids, k12 specifically, since they get bored and confused easily.
Fuwa_sanMar 14, 2020 3:39 AM
Mar 14, 2020 4:47 AM

Dec 2016
YggdraSEED said:
eXtripa69 said:

You clearly must have missed the image then ...
Mar 14, 2020 5:28 AM
Sep 2018
For your information, my love for Himuro senpai has increased 2.84 times during the 12 episodes...

I totally love the voice actress too: Amamiya, Sora. I loved her art in Konosuba as Aqua and as Shiho Kamakura in www.working!!
raffaele2406Mar 14, 2020 5:35 AM
Mar 14, 2020 6:36 AM
Apr 2018
It was fun, but the science thing was kinda hard to understand for me. I enjoyed the science in Dr. Stone than in here tbh.

They kissed, finally. So that's 7/10 for me.
Mar 14, 2020 6:45 AM

Aug 2019
5/10

I quite enjoyed this anime until the last two episodes, because of the forced drama.

Mar 14, 2020 6:48 AM

Feb 2008
Finally.

The ending was so sweet. Luckily, the mangaka was not thoroughly evil in the endand and all loose ends were wrapped up. Ibarada even got one up on her.

It was an enjoyable series – a romantic comedy done well.

Meanwhile Kanade...

... is amazing too.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rikei ga Koi ni Ochita no de Shoumei shitemita. Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

uninstallthegame - Jan 13, 2020

56 by Matheus050 »»
Jan 21, 6:20 AM

Poll: » Rikei ga Koi ni Ochita no de Shoumei shitemita. Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

52 by Matheus050 »»
Jan 12, 6:04 PM

» Should I?

Jaiakazz - Jan 6

12 by MK17_2 »»
Jan 8, 9:59 AM

Poll: » Rikei ga Koi ni Ochita no de Shoumei shitemita. Episode 9 Discussion

49 by Matheus050 »»
Jan 5, 2:22 AM

Poll: » Rikei ga Koi ni Ochita no de Shoumei shitemita. Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

54 by Matheus050 »»
Dec 20, 2023 7:43 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.