Forum Settings
Forums

Voice Actress Juri Kimura Announces Marriage and Childbirth

New
Jan 1, 2020 7:22 AM

Mar 2013
Voice actress Juri Kimura announced on her Twitter on Monday that she is now married and has given birth to her first child. She thanked her fans and the staff at her agency Haikyou for their support, and said she will continue her voice acting career.

Kimura is best known for her role as Aoi Miyamori in Shirobako, who she will continue to voice in the February 2020 Shirobako Movie. Her other roles include Minami Wakaba in Monster Strike and Lefiya Vidris in Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka. Most recently, she played Nana Rin in Summer 2019's Granbelm.

Source: Comic Natalie

News submitted by vanillaguard
Sakana-sanJan 1, 2020 7:34 AM
Jan 1, 2020 7:30 AM

Nov 2007
It's incredible how the Seiyuu/Idol industry works in Japan. And it makes me sad that they cannot announce their loved ones until they are unable to hide it. It's baffling and makes me sad. Anyways, I wish the mother and the child good health and a continued lovely family.

My feelings:

Thank you for voicing Miyamori Aoi!

Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jan 1, 2020 7:49 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Congratulations! I wish the family good blessings, health and happiness!

@shanimebib, it’s baffling to me too but I suppose it’s a necessary measure to keep certain gung-ho fans in check you know. Even then, I believe there’s got to be a better way around it though. But what can we do?
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jan 1, 2020 11:38 AM

Sep 2014
My favourite seiyuu!

DON DON DONUTS!
Jan 1, 2020 11:41 AM

Jun 2015
shanimebib said:
It's incredible how the Seiyuu/Idol industry works in Japan. And it makes me sad that they cannot announce their loved ones until they are unable to hide it. It's baffling and makes me sad. Anyways, I wish the mother and the child good health and a continued lovely family.

My feelings:

Thank you for voicing Miyamori Aoi!

It's fine. I believe people have a right to privacy anyways. There's no reason for fans to know whether the VA of a character is married or not. People be way too nosy.
Read Toriko!
Jan 1, 2020 11:55 AM

Nov 2007
@_MushiRock11_: There's nothing we can do. But I get what you mean as unfortunate as it is.

phantom346 said:
It's fine. I believe people have a right to privacy anyways. There's no reason for fans to know whether the VA of a character is married or not. People be way too nosy.

It's not as nice and cozy environment there. VAs stop getting Main roles once they announce they are married (with only few exceptions). Because that is how the industry works. Idols are not allowed to have boyfriends/get married. Their career is over because that is part of the actual contract they sign with the labels/agencies.

If you don't have an idea of the industry, you can watch Bakuman (which brings the harsh reality to light) or Gintama (which makes a parody about the whole situation but the core of theme was ridiculing the entire idol industry and the fickle fanbase is actually that would actually make you feel bad for the idols - showcasing what they go through and what they have to sacrifice to reach where they are at) to know how it works.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jan 11, 2020 10:12 AM
May 2015
Have a happy married life Ms Kimura!

More topics from this board

» 'Mayonaka Punch' Reveals Additional Cast, Staff, Second Promo

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

4 by RobertBobert »»
27 minutes ago

» Q2 2024 Anime & Manga Licenses [Update 5/31]

Snow - Apr 5

3 by Snow »»
3 hours ago

» 'Saijaku Tamer wa Gomi Hiroi no Tabi wo Hajimemashita.' Unveils Main Cast, Staff, First Promo for 2024 Premiere

Hyperion_PS - May 2, 2023

6 by oazuz »»
Yesterday, 12:41 PM

» 'Kinnikuman: Kanpeki Chоujin Shiso-hen' Unveils Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - May 28

5 by DafuqBOOM »»
Yesterday, 10:55 AM

» 'Ninja Batman tai Yakuza League' Sequel Anime Movie Announced

Hyperion_PS - May 30

4 by Haneken2086 »»
Jun 1, 5:02 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.