Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 30, 2019 5:42 AM

Sep 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well, there were 6 fun episodes to enjoy a little more Saiki K and company, without losing the charm and showing us fun moments with the characters.

Episode 6 is a direct continuation of the last episode of the third season, where Saiki had decided to get rid of his powers. But does he really no longer have his powers? During the episode we saw how things get more complicated without his powers, after spending his whole life depending on these suddenly he has to face living as a normal person, a situation to which he will have to adapt...but nothing is so easy for poor Saiki and this clearly could not end like this, during the episode he regains his powers little by little since he is not a normal person and the world would be in serious danger without Saiki.

So the psychic powers return !! and the Disastrous Life of Saiki continues, I wonder if we will continue receiving more of this series in the future, although the end of the third season seemed decent, and also that everything can become too repetitive, but if it happens I will receive it with pleasure.
Dec 30, 2019 5:53 AM

Jun 2011
To think we had to wait the last episode to see the interaction with Teruhashi again ...
Need more Teruhashi T_T
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 30, 2019 5:58 AM

Sep 2017
Seiya0890 said:
To think we had to wait the last episode to see the interaction with Teruhashi again ...
Need more Teruhashi T_T

Yeah, that scene was really cute, the way she blushed and Saiki could finally see how beautiful she was for others for a bit moment
Dec 30, 2019 7:53 AM

Apr 2018
He do be getting his abilities back doe
Dec 30, 2019 8:45 AM

Oct 2017
Best way to end this year. I'm really glad that he got his power back. Saiki finally saw how cute Kokomi really is, I really want their ship to sail. Overall had fun watching these six episodes, hoping for a sequal. Really wanna see my ship sail.
Dec 30, 2019 12:30 PM

Oct 2017
That seemed pretty conclusive for the series, but it was fun! Looking forward to whatever Asou does next. Just personally I would love spin-off ONA series for the side characters, but if this is where Saiki ends I won't complain.
Dec 30, 2019 1:07 PM

Mar 2019
Very good conclusion to this series. Best way to end off the year
Dec 30, 2019 3:02 PM

May 2015
I'm surprised they adapted the final chapters, I remember reading them back in January after completing Kanketsu-hen.
Dec 30, 2019 3:51 PM

Apr 2012
It seemed to me, or is this ONA almost openly shouting "Saiki x Teruhashi is canon"? Hell, they showed art with this ship even in cases where the chapter had nothing to do with romance.

And one more question. Are all these stories an adaptation of the canonical chapters of the manga? I liked the new characters, but I had never heard of them before.
Dec 30, 2019 4:22 PM
Jun 2017
RobertBobert said:
It seemed to me, or is this ONA almost openly shouting "Saiki x Teruhashi is canon"? Hell, they showed art with this ship even in cases where the chapter had nothing to do with romance.

And one more question. Are all these stories an adaptation of the canonical chapters of the manga? I liked the new characters, but I had never heard of them before.

Well it was obvious that she will win, if you've seen the 2nd cour of the 2nd season you'll see how saiki appreciate her determination to be the perfect girl.
For your second question,Yes, the unlucky girl was introduced in chapter 257 and the pervert looking teacher was introduced in chapter 238.
Dec 30, 2019 4:28 PM

Apr 2012
Pitunov said:
RobertBobert said:

Well it was obvious that she will win, if you've seen the 2nd cour of the 2nd season you'll see how saiki appreciate her determination to be the perfect girl.
For your second question,Yes, the unlucky girl was introduced in chapter 257 and the pervert looking teacher was introduced in chapter 238.

So, this ONA in any way are authentic and canonical part of the story?
Dec 30, 2019 7:45 PM

Jun 2015
this episode was great. a lot better than the "final arc" which wasn't bad but a little underwhelming.
and seeing saiki being this expressive after losing his powers was really funny especially his startled face lol. but it's great that he got his powers back.

Anyway it was nice to have saiki and the gang back, Hilarious as always.
and these extra episodes was a nice gift to end the year, much appreciated.

overall a great conclusion to an awesome series and I'm gonna miss saiki.
Dec 30, 2019 8:26 PM

Apr 2015
RobertBobert said:

well all of the episodes in this 6-episodes ONA are all canon. They are from manga chapters that havent get anime adaptation yet, near the saiki kusuo manga ending.

Episode 6 is actually the adaptation of 2 chapters from Giga Jump vol 1 and vol. 3, Saiki Kusuo Special .

Try reading Spy x Family Manga ^_^
U will love it, i promise...
Dec 30, 2019 8:31 PM

Apr 2012
lswarmruler said:
RobertBobert said:

well all of the episodes in this 6-episodes ONA are all canon. They are from manga chapters that havent get anime adaptation yet, near the saiki kusuo manga ending.

Episode 6 is actually the adaptation of 2 chapters from Giga Jump vol 1 and vol. 3, Saiki Kusuo Special .

Thanks for the answer! I love this anime, but I didn’t read the original manga, so I was worried that it was something like a “fan disc” for franchise fans.
Dec 31, 2019 1:26 AM

Nov 2013
LOOOOL I loved every bit of this!!!

Just in case ppl were confused, even though MAL puts this episode as a prequel to the Kanketsu-hen, the 6th episode of Shidou-hen actually happens directly after the last episode of Kanketsu(ie. the following day), so it’s not exactly a prequel.
If you remember, at the end of Kanketsu, Saiki gathers all of his friends in the classroom so he can reveal his secret after using the limiter, but he doesn’t end up showing up, which is why Kaidou asks why he didn’t show up during this episode. So in a way, episode 6 is the true end to the story/ or the latest part in the story, chronologically speaking.

In terms of the episode...such a great way to end off this arc which segues nicely into the final arc!
Seeing them all in the same class was nice.... I love how they tried to give cameos for most of the characters,
Saiki realizing how much his friends look out for him,
And in turn how much he actually cares about them too... enough to give up his dream of becoming average.
Really liked how they ended with “My name is Saiki Kusuo , I’m a psychic” which is how they usually start the episode.

I’m sad that it’s over but it was a really great reminder why I love this series so much!

P.s. Aiura calling Yumehara “Chiyopipi” again <3
herricklukDec 31, 2019 8:37 PM
Dec 31, 2019 5:14 AM

Aug 2018
I refuse to accept this as a """""""""conclusion"""""""""

What happened with Dark Reunion? To name something that's on the top of my mind anyways.
I never lie on the internet. What's the point of it...
the chinese noodles ad is an anime and avatar isn't!
triggered

Check out my taste and my profile.
Dec 31, 2019 5:20 AM

Dec 2011
This was an amazing ending but i wish we could see more of Saiki and Teruhashi but was so nice to see him watching her intensely.
Dec 31, 2019 5:34 AM

Nov 2014
It's nice to finally see this last part animated. I'm just a little sad that there was no more Hii - it feels wrong for Toritsuka to not get hated by some girl lol
Dec 31, 2019 9:50 AM
Sep 2018
I know the manga ended already, but are there news or possibilities of Netflix picking it up and making new episodes?
Dec 31, 2019 2:44 PM

Jul 2015
That end scene was too cool, almost made me forget that this is a comedy series

Nice 6 episodes, will miss this series

Jan 1, 2020 1:01 AM

Jan 2018
Man, if this is it. I will miss this series. It was way too fun.

Especially that Saiki's got his powers again.
Jan 1, 2020 1:31 AM
Oct 2016
Something quite minor, but stood out to me was the character reactions to the Meteor. The rich and selfish Saiko was getting dragged into a shelter by his guards and before he was taken away, he said "wait, take my friends too." He cares about other people, and that is quite touching, it really shows how he's changed since the first season.
Jan 1, 2020 4:34 AM

Jan 2018
Need more saiki x teruhashi
Jan 1, 2020 8:09 AM
Dec 2018
So is Saiki now fully adapted or some material from manga is still there that remains?
Jan 1, 2020 8:43 AM
Mar 2018
Sad that saiki is ending wishe they make a ova where they can make kokomi x kusuo 😍
Jan 1, 2020 11:53 AM

Jul 2015
Great ending for the whole series. Thank you Netflix for adapting the final chapter

Jan 1, 2020 6:46 PM
Sep 2017
Truly enjoyed that very much! I would love to see more adventures of Saiki, but if that’s how the manga ended, then I’m satisfied.
Jan 1, 2020 7:48 PM

Mar 2016
I missed this anime so much and was so happy with the comeback that I finished the series in like 2 days while my anime list is at a solid 16 rn. QQ

It was too good...I couldnt help but keep watching it lol
Jan 1, 2020 11:31 PM

Jul 2017
I guess it's over... will miss this show.
Jan 2, 2020 11:15 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Nooooooo probably the last episode of Saiki for ever :/ it was so great
Jan 2, 2020 3:40 PM

Jun 2011
Akko_Berserk said:
Seiya0890 said:
Need more Teruhashi T_T

Yeah, that scene was really cute, the way she blushed and Saiki could finally see how beautiful she was for others for a bit moment

Unfortunatly the ship has yet to sail officially. So typical of Japaneses...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 2, 2020 3:44 PM
Dec 2019
Loved it, I thought i'll the year with Vinland Saga which is frickin' show and then I suddenly saw Saiki K. on Netflix and hell yeah. The joy in my heart was skyrocketing!
Jan 3, 2020 5:29 PM

Apr 2012
Aw, Saiki just wanted to be happy as a superpowerless human, quite the bitter-sweet ending.
Jan 5, 2020 6:17 PM

Apr 2011
How much I've missed this series! I enjoyed all these 6 episodes.

Jan 7, 2020 10:46 PM

Dec 2016
Im real fuckin sad I don't have anymore new Saiki, but considering it's been awhile since Ive seen the first season I could probably go back and watch all those again lol
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Jan 9, 2020 9:00 AM
Dec 2016
Oh, it's really confusing how I feel, to think that it was really great 6 episode and in the same time this is the last episode of the series.
I want more Teruhashi x Saiki!
Hope Asou would think about another spin-off special for the ship.

9/10
Jan 9, 2020 9:22 PM

Jul 2013
Isn't this how the first episode went? Saiki was introduced as a psychic who once saved the Earth from a meteor. Looks like we've come full circle. This is the real ending of this series and not the one listed as sequel of this here in MAL.

Jan 16, 2020 9:00 PM

Sep 2018
Ohh I waited for this, I watched the OVA where Saiki lost his power, so this is the continuation of it.. Saiki's shock reaction is so cute hahah I'm not used to see him without power and I even feel his frustration. It's better for him to have power than being normal because all his friends are weird lol
Jan 17, 2020 11:33 AM

Aug 2016
Man, I love this anime so much! I really hope this isn't the last episode ever of Saiki, because I'm really going to miss it!
Nanika ga Okashii
Jan 20, 2020 2:53 PM

Nov 2012
Absolutely love saiki.

I actually prefer this ending to the other one we had before.

I sincerely hope we get more Saiki, I get that they've now animated most/all the source material but I'd love to see some Movies, OVAs or Specials.
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers
Jan 21, 2020 11:11 PM

Dec 2016
this episode made me so happy but now after finishing it i'm kinda depressed ngl.... i can't believe this is really the end ;-; i'm gonna miss saiki so much idc how repetitive things get i could legit watch 100 more episodes of this lol
Jan 21, 2020 11:49 PM

May 2019
What a fucking great ending, I'm so happy they wrapped things up so nicely. Great seeing everyone and the new transfer student, but still sad to say goodbye to such a great fucking show. This shit is part is what got me into anime and why I enjoy it so much.

Jan 23, 2020 6:41 AM
Jan 2018
The 6 epiosdes where great and all but did the manga really end before he destroyed the meteor

Edit: it seems alot of people didn't Know that this season was just basically just them adapting chapters that were never adapted yet including the final two episodes which where a continuation of the 1 epiosde ova which is why this season is only 6
Mattinator95Apr 12, 2020 9:25 PM
Jan 23, 2020 9:14 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Great final episode!

Lots of appreciable Teruhashi x Saiki moments to savor for the day xD. I ship them with all my being, lol. I'm definitely going to be watching that conversation in the classroom over a dozen times...

Anyway, Kusuke trying to sacrifice his father was hilarious. Good thing Saiki made up his mind just before things got out of hand. Yikes, the cliffhanger though...

Saiko showing care for his friends really stood out to me, lol. And the others just doing their things during that whole scene was just brilliant! Akechi's return was very much appreciated too, lol.

And a ton more of the typical and glorious mad comedy, of course! I'm really going to miss this series a lot. As a stand-alone entry, this, however, was just about good thanks to the chapters being adapted all over the place particularly but I feel like a couple of mid-episodes or so weren't quite the norm Saiki Kusou level (if that even makes sense).

As such, I'll be awarding this entry a solid 7.25/10! I think this is the final Saiki Kusou animated content that we'll ever get but I'm satisfied. Thanks Netflix and Goodbye Saiki Kusou and co., you and your crazy hilarious antics will forever remain within me.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jan 28, 2020 8:05 PM

Jun 2016
Episode 5 and 6 were really good.
Jan 31, 2020 10:05 AM
Jan 2017
ahhh I nice 6 episode ova. I loove this show I wish it got so many more episodes ^^
Feb 3, 2020 4:35 AM

Jan 2011
I wasn't expecting an epilogue to the finale, but I fully welcome it. It was such a refreshing sight to see Saiki dealing with being normal, and the reemergence of his powers. After such a great ending before they pulled off another somehow.
Feb 4, 2020 3:38 AM

May 2013
Saiko not going in the shelter without his friends, he actually cared for his friends it made me happy.

Feb 18, 2020 1:47 AM

Mar 2010
I don't want to believe that this is the end. The story needed more Teruhashi moments.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Saiki Kusuo no Ψ-nan: Shidou-hen Episode 1 Discussion

MegamiRem - Dec 30, 2019

36 by JizzyHitler »»
Apr 22, 3:01 AM

» Will There Be A Second Season

Roderick24_ - Dec 13, 2021

9 by DreamyGhost »»
Jun 4, 2023 10:00 PM

Poll: » Saiki Kusuo no Ψ-nan: Shidou-hen Episode 4 Discussion

MegamiRem - Dec 30, 2019

24 by Abyhape »»
Feb 19, 2023 10:34 AM

Poll: » Saiki Kusuo no Ψ-nan: Shidou-hen Episode 2 Discussion

MegamiRem - Dec 30, 2019

22 by Kowareta_Hoshi »»
Feb 12, 2023 11:22 AM

» Ending song

Jamison2210 - Nov 5, 2021

2 by ThatUndeadLegacy »»
Jan 13, 2023 7:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.