Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Dec 7, 2019 9:43 PM
Oct 2012
Animeforevry1 said:
I am REALLY not feeling this season...
Why after the decently well written, best character developed and overall just best Season of SAO that was the first half of Alicization, why follow it up with perhaps one of the most bland Season's this show has seen in my opinion. Even though I dont find Season 1 of SAO enjoyable bar a few moments, War of Underworld Part 1 has just been all hype and no substance. The only thing this Season has done right for me is sidelining Kirito and giving Alice the spotlight.

Just when Reki Kawahara was on the right track with Mothers Rosario and Alicization Season 1 he has only gone and buthered it once again. Quinella was a semi interesting villain, she brought a really interesting element to the world of Underworld, being a ruler who has set up the order of the Integrity Knights, the Taboo Index to bring order and keep the human empire safe while she is actially a dictator in diguise. Alicization Season 1 was special because while Kirito is a plank of wood of a character (as usual), Eugeo was there to supplement him. Eugeo was the star of Alicization Season 1, he was the most developed character. When he and Kirito violated the Taboo, there was stakes. The Integrity Knights were obviously stronger in various ways, let alone Administrator. Every episode felt more like a thrill, it had more stakes!

War of Underworld just feels like a hollow shell of what Alicization was. Not only is the pacing completely off, but its not interesting. The most interesting episodes of this entire Season was the first few that focused on Alice before the Final Load Test. Not only are we being introduced to the rest of the Integrity Knights in the middle of battle and barely getting to know them, we are fighting a giant crowd of redshirts that we couldnt give two craps about. The Dark Terriroty has BARELY been explored besides one episode that only focused on the new villains (I'll get back to them in a bit). Everyone in the Dark Territory clearly are not as bad as the Knights and the citizens of the Human Empire were made out to be. Most of them dont even seem evil. There was an opportunity there to explore their side. Maybe get to know some key characters from their side, so when they face down with our favourite knights, we dont know who to root for... Making u just wish they's take a more peaceful approach...

Instead we are given a very bland cast of very one note commanders that barely get 10 mins of screen time before they are mercilessly killed off by the Integrity Knights, let alone their hundreds of copy and paste followers. There are NO STAKES in War of Underworld. Its make absolutely blatent that the Knights are going to win despite being HEAVILY outnumbered. They did, they broke through, the army have andvanced into the Dark Terriroty.

Now let me talk villains. I cant speak of the future... Im told the villain in this half gets way better. But they have committed are cardinal sin for me. For an arc that is so desperate to break away from everything before it and start afresh with a large scope... Why? Why does Reki Kawahara INSIST on NOT letting the past go... Despite the already thus far very one note villain characters, Kawahara has written them to be......

(Spoilers if you have not figured it out, but its obvious if you're caught up)

The villains are SAO survivors. Congrats Reki. I now no longer care about War of Underworld or the future of the Alicization arc. What made Quinella a more interesting and in my opinion, the best villain from SAO thus far is that she was not an SAO survivor, the only world she knew was Underworld. She wasnt tied to the past, she was free to be whatever. But now, we are stuck with SAO survivors AGAIN!

SAO S1 Aincrad: Kiaba- Creator of SAO
SAO S1 Fairy Dance: Jealous rival of Kiaba
SAO S2 Phantom Bullet: THREE SAO Survivor's (Shinkawa, his older brother and the one who went into houses killing people with the syringes)
SAO Ordinal Scale: Eiji was an SAO Survivor
SAO Alicization: SAO Survivor (The 3rd person from the Death Gun Incident who wasnt in Shinkawa's family. Two of whom were Laughing Coffin members)
SAO Alicization WoU: It is revealed now that the guy who isnt commanding, I think it was Gabriel? Not sure. He is an SAO survivor or at least knows about SAO as her seems to know Asuna. So I am under the assumtion that at least one, if not both are SAO survivors. He mentioned PK'ing so I assume they are Laughing Coffin survivors. (Yaaaaaaaaaaaawn... Seriously Reki... AGAIN?!?!)

Why does Reki Kawahara INSIST on bringing back SAO suvivors. Its getting annoying now. There were only 10,000 SAO players. 4000 ish died if I remember right. Japan is home to millions yet all the survivors appear to be in each others back yard...
They thus far have not been interesting, nor do they seem interesting. Far, FAR inferior to Quinella thus far and they know it! Quinella is popping up in flashbacks all the time, almost taunting me that Reki wasted his best villain yet and killed her off in a very nonsensical and contrived way.

War of Underworld does not deserve to be the best rated SAO project on MAL. Alicization Part 1 and Ordinal Scale deserve to be higher.
I can somewhat understand your thoughts on this lol. When I picked up the fanstranslated light novel years ago, I also thought that the arc after sword academy up until quinella died was slightly boring while the war arc was incredibly boring, to the point that I just skimmed it thru the pages until Asuna makes an appearance.

If you're the same as me, we basically hate the nonsensical half-assed shounen part from those battles and would like the author to explore the fantasy and human relationship part of Alicization's story more, because it feels like Underworld still have so much to explore and it's interesting to see how the real world and underworld would interact. That's why I was kinda disappointed when I saw them butchering part 1 scenes especially the village arc.

But too bad SAO has always been this way, so its not really the author's fault because he always wrote SAO like this
Dec 7, 2019 10:16 PM

Feb 2013
Animeforevry1 said:
Why after the decently well written, best character developed and overall just best Season of SAO that was the first half of Alicization, why follow it up with perhaps one of the most bland Season's this show has seen in my opinion. Even though I dont find Season 1 of SAO enjoyable bar a few moments, War of Underworld Part 1 has just been all hype and no substance. The only thing this Season has done right for me is sidelining Kirito and giving Alice the spotlight.

Just when Reki Kawahara was on the right track with Mothers Rosario and Alicization Season 1 he has only gone and buthered it once again. Quinella was a semi interesting villain, she brought a really interesting element to the world of Underworld, being a ruler who has set up the order of the Integrity Knights, the Taboo Index to bring order and keep the human empire safe while she is actially a dictator in diguise. Alicization Season 1 was special because while Kirito is a plank of wood of a character (as usual), Eugeo was there to supplement him. Eugeo was the star of Alicization Season 1, he was the most developed character. When he and Kirito violated the Taboo, there was stakes. The Integrity Knights were obviously stronger in various ways, let alone Administrator. Every episode felt more like a thrill, it had more stakes!

War of Underworld just feels like a hollow shell of what Alicization was. Not only is the pacing completely off, but its not interesting. The most interesting episodes of this entire Season was the first few that focused on Alice before the Final Load Test. Not only are we being introduced to the rest of the Integrity Knights in the middle of battle and barely getting to know them, we are fighting a giant crowd of redshirts that we couldnt give two craps about. The Dark Terriroty has BARELY been explored besides one episode that only focused on the new villains (I'll get back to them in a bit). Everyone in the Dark Territory clearly are not as bad as the Knights and the citizens of the Human Empire were made out to be. Most of them dont even seem evil. There was an opportunity there to explore their side. Maybe get to know some key characters from their side, so when they face down with our favourite knights, we dont know who to root for... Making u just wish they's take a more peaceful approach...

Instead we are given a very bland cast of very one note commanders that barely get 10 mins of screen time before they are mercilessly killed off by the Integrity Knights, let alone their hundreds of copy and paste followers. There are NO STAKES in War of Underworld. Its make absolutely blatent that the Knights are going to win despite being HEAVILY outnumbered. They did, they broke through, the army have andvanced into the Dark Terriroty.

Now let me talk villains. I cant speak of the future... Im told the villain in this half gets way better. But they have committed are cardinal sin for me. For an arc that is so desperate to break away from everything before it and start afresh with a large scope... Why? Why does Reki Kawahara INSIST on NOT letting the past go... Despite the already thus far very one note villain characters, Kawahara has written them to be......

The villains are SAO survivors. Congrats Reki. I now no longer care about War of Underworld or the future of the Alicization arc. What made Quinella a more interesting and in my opinion, the best villain from SAO thus far is that she was not an SAO survivor, the only world she knew was Underworld. She wasnt tied to the past, she was free to be whatever. But now, we are stuck with SAO survivors AGAIN!

SAO S2 Phantom Bullet: THREE SAO Survivor's (Shinkawa, his older brother and the one who went into houses killing people with the syringes)
SAO Alicization: SAO Survivor (The 3rd person from the Death Gun Incident who wasnt in Shinkawa's family. Two of whom were Laughing Coffin members)
SAO Alicization WoU: It is revealed now that the guy who isnt commanding, I think it was Gabriel? Not sure. He is an SAO survivor or at least knows about SAO as her seems to know Asuna. So I am under the assumtion that at least one, if not both are SAO survivors. He mentioned PK'ing so I assume they are Laughing Coffin survivors. (Yaaaaaaaaaaaawn... Seriously Reki... AGAIN?!?!)

Why does Reki Kawahara INSIST on bringing back SAO suvivors. Its getting annoying now. There were only 10,000 SAO players. 4000 ish died if I remember right. Japan is home to millions yet all the survivors appear to be in each others back yard...
They thus far have not been interesting, nor do they seem interesting. Far, FAR inferior to Quinella thus far and they know it! Quinella is popping up in flashbacks all the time, almost taunting me that Reki wasted his best villain yet and killed her off in a very nonsensical and contrived way.

War of Underworld does not deserve to be the best rated SAO project on MAL. Alicization Part 1 and Ordinal Scale deserve to be higher.

Kawahara wrote all of this that is adapted to anime so far between 2001 and 2008, with Alicization being between 2005 and 2008 so it's not like this story was made when the anime aired. All of those stories are done for over 10 years.

Also, you shouldn't make those judgements about him without having read his light novel because the anime cuts many of the things you're complaining, including developments, internal thoughts, entire mini arcs cut (like Zakkaria), worldbuilding and other aspects. You're watching an adaptation, one that is cutting many and many things to be able to put the story into 48 episodes when the best thing would be having at least 80 episodes to have the full potential of the arc.

Lastly, War of the Underworld and Alicization are all one arc, the Alicization arc which in its light novel format had 10 volumes.
Dec 7, 2019 10:20 PM

Sep 2019
Great eps with captivating fight scenes.

That Berserker was amazingly strong LOL.

Vassago has just begun this PK journey once again, but not so lucky this time.

And, FINALLY ASUNA CAME IN as God Stacia.

I should have predicted by now what is going to happen in the next eps, but still, this anticipation is somewhat promising :))
Dec 7, 2019 10:28 PM
Apr 2018
Kawahara wrote all of this that is adapted to anime so far between 2001 and 2008, with Alicization being between 2005 and 2008 so it's not like this story was made when the anime aired. All of those stories are done for over 10 years.

Also, you shouldn't make those judgements about him without having read his light novel because the anime cuts many of the things you're complaining, including developments, internal thoughts, worldbuilding and other aspects.

Lastly, War of the Underworld and Alicization are all one arc, the Alicization arc which in its light novel format had 10 volumes.[/quote]

I know all of this. My problem is with BOTH. This arc could have EASILY been a good 70 episodes. Still, its not like the adaptation is straying away too far from the source material. Kawahara still falls down pitfalls he as always fallen down, even in the light novel as confirmed by a friend who has read all of them. SAO has always had potential that was squandered by Kawahara's lacking writing ability/Inability to fully realise the worlds he creates. He made good steps to remedy this with Progressive.
Yeah I know the Light Novels are more comprehensive, but its still a problem...
Dec 7, 2019 11:51 PM

May 2009
I'm so excited. The long awaited Asuna has finally shown up & with some God-like power! I love that.
Question is: While the Dark lord and knight got into the underworld immediately, what took her 6 eps long to appear!!? Keeping me wondering and disappointed over a month.
Dec 8, 2019 12:38 AM

Feb 2019
@FullyCharged exactly, it's like when you use the word harem people think he's not going to be with asuna anymore. lol. We're just calling it what it is.
Dec 8, 2019 12:41 AM

May 2018
Full moment oh hype just finished watching the ep to see THE LIGHTNING FLASH !!!!

"π™Ήπšžπšœπš πš•πš’πš”πšŽ 𝚊 πš‹πš˜πš‘ 𝚘𝚏 π™²πš‘πš˜πšŒπš˜πš•πšŠπšπšŽπšœ"
Signature by -Tony-

Dec 8, 2019 12:49 AM
ε­”ηœŸγƒ»γ‚³γ‚¦γƒžγ‚³γƒˆ

Jun 2017
Damn, this was some episode!

Say hello to God Asuna! Fudge, that was some introduction! 9 episodes in and she's finally here, looks like the battle will sail much more smoothly for the Integrity Knights at least for a while now.

"Grandma" moments xD was easily the highlight of this episode though. She really gave off that stellar Claymore feeling with her attitude and I bloody loved it! Bercouli scared by her sudden appearance suggested something and I'm glad to say that it certainly lived up to it. Plus that awesome way to sign-off, can't wait to see more of her!

I really hope they flesh her out more in the coming episodes but considering how they're only looking to skim through the surface in this regard, it's a little disappointing.

Props to A-1 Pictures again, some of those action scenes were cho-very exhilarating! Hopefully, they'll be able to keep it up for the remainder of this first half!

Ronnie's little moment outfoxing that secondary-antagonist was really cool too. Looks like she's been trained well under Kirito-senpai. I wonder what about "senpai" was so shocking though, don't tell me he figured out Kirito's presence with just that.

Damn, those Op changes though...
_MushiRock11_Dec 8, 2019 12:53 AM
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Dec 8, 2019 12:59 AM
Oct 2019
I have been waiting for Asuna so long and now she is finally here!
Dec 8, 2019 1:02 AM

Mar 2008
FINALLY, Asuna shows up; and she's shamelessly using console commands! XD
>Ecchi na no wa ikenai to omoimasu!<
Dec 8, 2019 1:04 AM
Apr 2018
So, ASUNA takes a SAUNA & enters as Goddess Stacia in the game.

SHEYTA Synthesis Twelve is/was cute. I enjoyed the conversation during the fighting between her and her opponent.

Compared to the previous episodes which had episode consuming backstories of even the side characters, this episode was much better for me.

The opponent fighter reminded me of GOKU (Fighting for Fun).
Dec 8, 2019 1:07 AM

Feb 2014
The fight between Sheyta and Iskahn was fantastic. Aside from the lack of character build-up for Sheyta with the exception of how she got her weapon in the first place, her kuudere personality in contrast to Iskahn's fiery personality made this fight between them an absolute to to watch, with some impressive attacks from both fighters and with the animation and sound quality being top notch, too.

It's a shame that their fight got interrupted when it was so close to an epic climax, but I do hope these two have a rematch against each other again soon. =D

I was worried that Ronie would get injured, but the appearance of Asuna making her grand entrance saved her. Since she's using an admin account, Asuna made good use of it by disposing of the enemy soldiers with fissures and beams of light.

And with that, the complaints of "Where's Asuna?" can FINALLY stop. Thank god. XD
Dec 8, 2019 1:22 AM
Nov 2016
What a build for so many characters in those fights just like Fairy Tail but with actual consequences. And finally Asuna has arrived and how they built that was truly stupendous and marvelous to ravel in the next couple of episodes.
Dec 8, 2019 2:39 AM

Oct 2008
At last! She's finally here! you go heroine!
but why name Stacia? just because its a different world? you get to use different names? and how the hell she's already god mode level? maybe because of the same Admin user the others are using... well anyway its hype at least...lolz
5/5.

Dec 8, 2019 3:00 AM

Aug 2013
Ah yes, Hyperdimension Neptunia reference game time featuring Asuna as Goddess Stacia....

The awesomeness doesn't last long though and the bullshit is about to begin. Also...Sheyta for the win man.
Don't believe the hype.
Dec 8, 2019 3:00 AM

Jul 2016
Smokin' muscle girls treated as nothing more than fodder. Now I'm sure I hate this show.
Dec 8, 2019 3:01 AM

Nov 2015
Asuna has finally made her appearence, can't wait to see how will Kirito react to her
Dec 8, 2019 3:02 AM

Aug 2013
Animeforevry1 said:

Also, you shouldn't make those judgements about him without having read his light novel because the anime cuts many of the things you're complaining, including developments, internal thoughts, worldbuilding and other aspects.

Lastly, War of the Underworld and Alicization are all one arc, the Alicization arc which in its light novel format had 10 volumes.

I know all of this. My problem is with BOTH. This arc could have EASILY been a good 70 episodes. Still, its not like the adaptation is straying away too far from the source material. Kawahara still falls down pitfalls he as always fallen down, even in the light novel as confirmed by a friend who has read all of them. SAO has always had potential that was squandered by Kawahara's lacking writing ability/Inability to fully realise the worlds he creates. He made good steps to remedy this with Progressive.
Yeah I know the Light Novels are more comprehensive, but its still a problem...[/quote]

I mean....SAO's problem to me was that it stopped being good after it was no longer in the actual SAO. And this is coming from someone who read all of the LNs.
Don't believe the hype.
Dec 8, 2019 3:05 AM
Sep 2019
Finally, Asuna!

And she a magical ghost goddess?
Dec 8, 2019 4:25 AM
Apr 2018

I mean....SAO's problem to me was that it stopped being good after it was no longer in the actual SAO. And this is coming from someone who read all of the LNs.[/quote]

See I dont even think SAO was even good when it was still about SAO. The base story was terrible. The anime was like 3 episodes of plot followed by 11 more that were filler from side stories that were written later down the road. SAO's Aincrad arc was writing 101 in how you squander the potential of your entire world and characters.
Dec 8, 2019 4:32 AM

Sep 2013
Asunaaaaaaaaaa. Okay time to watch SAO again
Dec 8, 2019 6:01 AM
Jan 2016
Animeforevry1 said:

. This post and others is what I think makes SAO one of the greatest anime to ever be produced. With it’s sheer power to draw out a multitude of polarising opinions from the people is what I think makes it such a cleverly structured, marketed and impactful show. No other anime has this power for people to say one season is the best the show has ever been while simultaneously others like yourself saying it’s perhaps one of its worst.

It’s impact is scary, daunting perhaps. With it laying the frameworks for how most fantasy shows after it go about their story-telling and character relations. The influx of isekai anime to be made and produced after the show’s initial launch just show how far SAO has pushed the boundaries of how the the contents of its genre are perceived and consumed. It’s presence is far-reaching, managing to consistently pull in the doubters and the haters of the show season after season. I’ve never really seen an anime quite like it, truly the anime of the decade.
Dec 8, 2019 6:28 AM

Jun 2016
finally godess asuna entered the server ...

i cant wait for alice and asuna take care kirito together !!!
Dec 8, 2019 6:58 AM
Jan 2019
Lumin01 said:
EliAyaseLL said:
Asuna entry was really breathtaking, she will be amazing in this arc. This is absolutely my favorite part of the light novel.

Scheta and Iskahn fight was amazing especially knowing that

That's the type of spoiler I've always wanted.. lol..πŸ˜†

I was careful to put it under spoilers, I hope it didn't bother you ahaha
Dec 8, 2019 7:31 AM

Feb 2014
The goddess has finally descended. Asuna took a long time to log in. Now we get to see some OP action.
Also this episode Sheyta was damn OP with that string blade of hers.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Dec 8, 2019 7:39 AM

Mar 2012
rilo03 said:
The best part of the new OP

Hells yeah! Nice to finally have Asuna join the fray!
Dec 8, 2019 7:52 AM

Feb 2019
Omfg asunaaaaa!! At last πŸ˜‚ excited for the next episode aaaa
owkey
Dec 8, 2019 8:38 AM

Oct 2018
ASUNA IS HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
“You can always die. It's living that takes real courage." - Himura Kenshin”

Dec 8, 2019 9:11 AM

Oct 2014
HOLY! ALL the action this episode was amazing, but damn... I did NOT expect that entrance from Asuna! Magnificent!
Dec 8, 2019 10:05 AM

Apr 2016
rilo03 said:
The best part of the new OP

That’s gorgeous, I love this new part, it’s so dynamic.
Dec 8, 2019 10:32 AM

Jul 2019
EliAyaseLL said:
Lumin01 said:
That's the type of spoiler I've always wanted.. lol..πŸ˜†

I was careful to put it under spoilers, I hope it didn't bother you ahaha
Nah.. It didn't bother me the least.. My personal rule for these spoiler tags is that I open each one of them and read the first line cautiously (in my smartphone of course) which is 4-5 words and enough for me to detect a "real" spoiler (if it is.. I'll immediately dismiss it pretend I had never opened it).
As for me, most of them are not spoilers rather they are important details that I want to know beforehand.
Dec 8, 2019 11:06 AM

Sep 2007
Asuna finally made her appearence in totally cheated God Mode like class. Well she wouldn't come as a simple villager of course.
First fight was rather good and is as bloody as usual.
Dec 8, 2019 11:52 AM
Sep 2018
Asuna joined like a administrator lmao
Dec 8, 2019 11:52 AM
Mar 2019
This Episode fuking Awesome 🀩🀩😍

TomalDec 8, 2019 1:04 PM
Dec 8, 2019 2:51 PM

Jun 2014
holy shit man i cant wait for next week
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 8, 2019 5:48 PM
Apr 2019
Just when i thought this anime can't get any worse.. asuna joined party as goddess? Really? I'm done.
Dec 8, 2019 8:54 PM

May 2019
Well, next episode Asuna will finally be able to see Kirito's face again...

But one thing may really disappointed me if they keep the course of the Light Novel.

Little Spoiler Alert:

That is what i am expecting from the adaptation to save this moment of plot.

Rob7Dec 8, 2019 9:06 PM
Dec 8, 2019 11:03 PM
Apr 2018
[/quote]This post and others is what I think makes SAO one of the greatest anime to ever be produced. With it’s sheer power to draw out a multitude of polarising opinions from the people is what I think makes it such a cleverly structured, marketed and impactful show. No other anime has this power for people to say one season is the best the show has ever been while simultaneously others like yourself saying it’s perhaps one of its worst.

It’s impact is scary, daunting perhaps. With it laying the frameworks for how most fantasy shows after it go about their story-telling and character relations. The influx of isekai anime to be made and produced after the show’s initial launch just show how far SAO has pushed the boundaries of how the the contents of its genre are perceived and consumed. It’s presence is far-reaching, managing to consistently pull in the doubters and the haters of the show season after season. I’ve never really seen an anime quite like it, truly the anime of the decade.[/quote]

Thats a really interesting and different take, its kinda refreshing honestly. I dont think SAO is anime of the decade though, far from it. I just think all it boils down to is that SAO has a mass market appeal to a huge audience. Different people expect different things. I expect most people here found Season 1 to be the peak of SAO in writing and storytelling, when me and many others find it insuferable because we didnt want a generic shounen plot filled with filler and a lack of expanation.
It just boils down to what people wanted out of it. If you can turn your brain off enjoy the show for its strengths, SAO is a great show, if not, its just a mediocre or bad one depending on your perspective.

As for bringing in the haters season after season? Im no hater, I cant stand Season 1 but everything else after that, ive found something to enjoy quite a bit. Many people like me just really want SAO to succeed and be better, it has so much potential for hundreds of action stories, short stories, personal stories, character driven stories, lore based stories! But none of that is hardly explored.
Dec 9, 2019 4:26 AM

Jul 2017
Subtle changes in the OP, meaning Asuna's arrival in the Underworld is imminent! Alice is no longer alone in this fight, LIKE FINALLY.

And with Alice in sight, the Dark Emperor Vecta is on full alert. Instead, Integrity Knight Sheyta Synthesis Twelve draws first blood through her monotone expressions, to which the Pontifex Quinella has endowed her the sword with "murderous impulses", it's just scary to see her unchanging expressions and face death both physically and mentally. To think that the Pugilist Champion is level with her is insane enough.

Plus the lackey of Victor, also mobilizes his PK. But with Bernoculi and Alice at backup, Asuna shows up at the eleventh hour to prove that she is OP Administrator level, descending onto what the Fluctlight world calls her Lady Stacia.

HOLY SHIT, things are getting more insane by the minute!
Dec 9, 2019 5:21 AM

Jun 2019
Asuna has finally appeared in Alicization world, I can't wait to see her meeting with Alice.
Dec 9, 2019 11:29 AM

Dec 2014
damn, Sheyta was pretty cool

and Stacia?? wait, who the heck is Asuna controlling?? out of all the avatars shown, i thought the two bad guys had the strongest ones? weren't the other one's power level below 20k? if they're that powerful then what about Vectors which was all questions marks? bruhhh
Dec 9, 2019 3:29 PM
Nov 2018
Excellent episode. Like others, I really enjoyed Slasher and Brawler fighting it out. (Those are the best names for them!) With Slasher being thin like her blade. Talk about made to be a killer. I just think it's unrealistic that she let them live, really; this is war, and they might have healing magic.

Maybe part of what made the episode so good is that there were no goblins or talking pigs and wolves.

So, no old people among the pugilists? I guess we'll have to imagine it's magic that keeps them all young, even if they don't live as long as the Integrity Knights.

I really like Alicization more now. The first episodes were so generic: Round world, go to the middle, level up, go straight up and fight increasingly tougher bosses until the Final Fight. But now it's war.

Sooo. Now that Asuna is here. This is the most realistic world yet, right? But there is no risk of pregnancy for her? I know how she can wake him up. Plus, she's a goddess now, able to fly and shine. Make it count, Asuna.
Dec 9, 2019 4:53 PM
Jul 2015
Great episode so much action and blood spilled it's really crazy and dark I think the highlights for me in this episode was Sheyta versus Iskahn the leader of the pugilists guild
The battle was epic I though for a moment that maybe Iskahn could die but man freaking beast not to Mention emotional devolpmenrt for sheyta she was some how attracted to Iskahn will power
GionathanSsjDec 9, 2019 4:57 PM
Dec 9, 2019 8:40 PM
Case is closed!

Jan 2019
Yay!! Asuna is coming!! And yes, new OP is good <3
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 10, 2019 3:11 AM
Oct 2018
kun_kirito said:
asunaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Exactly me when I saw her after a long time!!
Waifu is here finally!!
Dec 10, 2019 4:53 AM

Apr 2018
Damn Synthesis 12 is badass and pretty hot lol. It's about time Asuna shows up
Dec 10, 2019 8:22 AM
Mar 2019
Are we not gonna talk about how Iskahn looks and behaves so much like a shounen main character? They can actually make a prequel dedicated to him.
Dec 10, 2019 9:11 AM

Oct 2012
Alright, what the helllll! This episode was actually really good!
We got a new freaking OTP (Iskahn x Sheta - was that her name?). Their fight was so good. Please get married.
AND ASUNA.
I screamed so much when I saw the changes in the op lmao MY OTP AND ASUNA NOW THAT I NOW THAT THE OTP IS OTP. The only reason I still watch this is because of Asuna and her ENTRANCEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA THANK YOUUUUUUUUUUUU
Dec 10, 2019 1:45 PM

Mar 2017
We all knew that Asuna was gonna make one hell of an entrance but to login with a freakin' goddess level character? That was fucking awesome!

I hope this means that she'll be able to bring Kirito back!
Dec 10, 2019 5:21 PM
Jan 2019
Rob7 said:
Well, next episode Asuna will finally be able to see Kirito's face again...

But one thing may really disappointed me if they keep the course of the Light Novel.

Little Spoiler Alert:

That is what i am expecting from the adaptation to save this moment of plot.

I don't know which novel you read but Asuna says it clearly xD
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 28, 2019

261 by futurelemon »»
Apr 15, 9:24 AM

Poll: » Favorite SAO couple? [Spoilers]

Kazu-chan-san - Feb 17

7 by Zarutaku »»
Feb 17, 10:24 AM

» why do people like alice? ( 1 2 )

JoshMan - Oct 23, 2019

72 by DiamSilver »»
Feb 5, 10:18 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 26, 2019

160 by dilaxd »»
Jan 17, 1:30 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 21, 2019

285 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Dec 17, 2023 11:57 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.