Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 17, 2019 4:30 PM

Feb 2019
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.

For reference this is episode 16 on Crunchy Roll.
TheCommonerOct 17, 2019 5:26 PM
Oct 17, 2019 8:38 PM

Mar 2016
reinhard recruiting his enemies just like that seemed a bit jarring to me, especially fellner (the guy who tried to kidnap annerose). sure, he's probably gonna be heavily monitored by oberstein to make sure he's not a mole and brauschweig isn't the kind to inspire loyalty, but reinhard seems awfully calm in suddenly hiring the guy who tried to take his sister hostage
Aure0linOct 18, 2019 3:40 PM
"I like young-girl sexual creations, Lolicon is just one hobby of my many hobbies," he says.
I ask what his wife, standing nearby, thinks of his "hobby".
"She probably thinks no problem," he replies. "Because she loves young boys sexually interacting with each other."
Oct 17, 2019 9:37 PM

Mar 2019
A good episode, and good second part...

But the ED, damn, so perfect.

"Tranquility".... the lyric.
Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
Oct 17, 2019 11:07 PM

Jun 2013
The background visuals are stunning as usual but I am once again disappointed with the flow of scenes. The way they are presented felt almost as if they are ticked off a checklist. This is in contrast with the corresponding OVA episode, which covers almost exactly the same material and yet had a more organic feel in the proceedings.
Oct 17, 2019 11:22 PM
Apr 2016
Who is Merkatz's seiyuu in this season?
Oct 18, 2019 12:58 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
MagisterArcanum said:
The background visuals are stunning as usual but I am once again disappointed with the flow of scenes. The way they are presented felt almost as if they are ticked off a checklist. This is in contrast with the corresponding OVA episode, which covers almost exactly the same material and yet had a more organic feel in the proceedings.

I agree :/ Even though I finished the OVA series over a year ago, I feel like I remember more of what happened there than in this series where I have to really think about what happened in the first season and even the last 3 episodes. It's really odd.

But the end of the episode was quite exciting :) Things are really moving forward in the Empire. Reinhard calling the other side "traitors" will surely work well against them.

Oh yeah, I don't recall having seen Kircheis so angry before, that expression he had was quite fierce when he caught Fellner trying to take Annerose hostage.

Bambang_Tri_W said:
Who is Merkatz's seiyuu in this season?

Wow, good ear! It's Yamaji Kazuhiro.
tingyOct 18, 2019 1:06 AM
Oct 18, 2019 3:24 AM

Oct 2013
oh dear great Odin why does Hanazawa voicing Hilda sound so wrong
would've just been more fitting I think if Katsuki still voiced her.

That was my knee jerk reaction honestly but sounds ok after getting used to it

Seeing Hilda again was rather nice honestly but just like with last episode with Yang I feel its a shame a good character like her has to be in this mess of a show
But lol at least if they adapt the whole Novel I can see some of her high lights again even if watching the show will be a chore
Oct 18, 2019 4:19 AM

Nov 2018
So the first movie is now complete and so far it's very good, I'm really enjoying this.

The background as always is amazing and the CG for this show is some of the best I've seen so far. So we have to now wait 1-2 weeks before the next movie is released in cinemas and on cruchyroll/streaming sites.

It somewhat seems to be all over the place, but seeing how they stick closer to the novels when there's so much info and detail in them, it kinda makes sense that they'd quickly move on from each scene

Movie 1: 8/10

Please show your love for my Kiss x Sis manga review here. It will only take you 2 minutes of your time 🙏🙏
Check out my list of emojis you can copy and paste in the forums here. List will expand in the future.
Oct 18, 2019 5:27 AM

Sep 2014
That was the weakest episode from this movie for me. Honestly, I find pretty hard to get used to HanaKana as Mariendorf. She just sounds way too cheerful even when she's serious. Gotta agree with the others here, the flow of the scenes duing the build up of the Imperial civil war was jarring indeed. I feel the remake handled better the build up for the Alliance's coup d' etat while the original show handled better the creation of the Lippstadt League. I was going for a 9 but after this episode I will settle with a 8/10. Prety good adaptation overall and I'm looking forward to see the episodes of the next movie.
MonkeyDHunterOct 18, 2019 5:30 AM
Oct 18, 2019 7:51 AM

Dec 2015
Yes, best girl Hilda is finally here!

I forgot there's an assassination attempt on Reinhard tho.

Schneider looks pretty good here, but I personally prefer his design in the OVAs. One of my most favorite minor characters in the show. And of course, the Imperial Navy legend, Admiral Merkatz.

Oct 18, 2019 10:26 AM

Dec 2015
Finally Hilda appeared. Looking more beautiful than in the OVA. (Similar to Frederica which I also like more here in the new adaption.)

So this was remaining stuff of chapter 2 from volume 2 of he novels (A bit was already in previous episode.)

Mostly close to the novel. Though Ovlesser + Mückenberger weren't mentioned in the novel. (Maybe they mentioned them later in a flashback at a point that I haven't read yet.) I liked how Mückenberger reacted though.

There were some guys talking abou economic reforms stuff with Reinhard in the novel and the naming of the enemies as traitor wasn't mentioned there. I think it is good for the pace to focus on the war stuff first.

Ferner and Streit weren't visiting Braunschweig at the same time. This also was a good choice in the adaption for the pacing to have them there suggesting their stuff at the same time. Same for Ferner who in the novel managed to escape but turned himself in then.
Oct 18, 2019 11:22 AM

May 2018
Man, that Duke Brunshcwieg should have taken that Striet guy's advice of assassinating Reinhardt, instead of taking him down gloriously with massive force.
Oct 18, 2019 12:47 PM

May 2014
I quickly refreshed my memory about the corresponding episodes in the OVA, and there wasn't that much more about the formation of the Lippstadt League. There are small changes, but most of the substance seems to be the same.

This episode does suffer from having to set up a lot of ground for future events. The next movie / batch of episodes should get into the more interesting content, both in terms of plot and thematically. This movie was still very solid though. No major problems.
Oct 18, 2019 2:06 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
An Empire only episode with the great Merkatz finally appearing.

LOL at giving Ovlesser that weirdass ponytail. No way that man would don that haircut.

And Ms von Mariendorf finally makes her appearance. The good thing is that they made Hilda as beautiful as she should have looked according to the books. Having Hana Kana voice her was a bit risky though. She's too cheery.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Oct 21, 2019 7:39 AM

Nov 2016
I already took a liking to Hilda. Hanazawa's voice isn't a bad fit and complements the hint of cheekiness in her personality well.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 23, 2019 3:58 PM

Nov 2011
Hilda is finally here! I'm loving her! Her pragmatism, her charisma, her logic, and even her enthusiam. She makes it look so easy to reach those conclusions, which emphasizes her intelligence. She somehow brings some "freshness" to this overly-serious cast of characters.
She's not the same as the 89 Hilda, she sounds more confident, less stressed out. Or maybe it's just the first impression. Anyway, Reinhard too is not the same as in the OVA adaptation : he is much calmer, less angry to me.
I don't know if those changes are more faithful to the original novels, but I sure prefer them to the previous adaptation.
Oct 24, 2019 7:05 PM

Oct 2008
Hilda finally appears! I’ve always liked her, and her design is very beautiful in the remake.

Always love the scenes of Kircheis protecting Annerose.
However, in the OVA Ferner escaped but turned himself in which seemed more impactful for joining Reinhard’s team, instead of getting captured first which makes it seem it’s just to save your own neck.

Reuenthal’s hair is still the most horrible thing in this remake. I like everything else so far.
Oct 27, 2019 6:07 AM

Jun 2017
Very nice! It is only a matter of time before those filthy nobles are brought down!
The nobility's pride will bring them down. I pity that Admiral whose family was taken hostage by the nobles though.

Glory to the God-Emperor Reinhard von Lohengramm!
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia
Nov 21, 2019 10:41 PM
Oct 2016
Why on https://myanimelist.net/anime/36369/Ginga_Eiyuu_Densetsu__Die_Neue_These_-_Seiran_1 there are 9 episodes, I don't get it, can someone explain that to me please.
Nov 24, 2019 7:34 PM

Mar 2016
smatos21 said:
Why on https://myanimelist.net/anime/36369/Ginga_Eiyuu_Densetsu__Die_Neue_These_-_Seiran_1 there are 9 episodes, I don't get it, can someone explain that to me please.
mal is putting all of the seiran episodes under one title
"I like young-girl sexual creations, Lolicon is just one hobby of my many hobbies," he says.
I ask what his wife, standing nearby, thinks of his "hobby".
"She probably thinks no problem," he replies. "Because she loves young boys sexually interacting with each other."
Jan 3, 2020 9:49 PM

Dec 2013
Hilda is looking really cute in this episode.

They shall be known as the traitors! Reinhard doesn’t hold back lol
Jan 26, 2020 6:02 PM

Apr 2007
raynaninja said:

However, in the OVA Ferner escaped but turned himself in which seemed more impactful for joining Reinhard’s team, instead of getting captured first which makes it seem it’s just to save your own neck.
Thanks for posting this as a reminder. I rewatched the OVA within the past 6 months, but couldn't remember how he joined Reinhard. I only knew it wasn't like this which definitely puts him in a different light initially.

HanaKana is so cute as Hilda c: I think her voice suits her and adds to the great list of the few voice actresses in this remake.
Jan 6, 2021 5:28 AM

Jan 2009
is she gonna be the future girlfriend of Reinhard? she is sexy hot and smart

Reinhard is easily winning this civil war though
Jun 16, 2021 7:51 PM

Jul 2012
Hilda is finally here! I'm sooo happy to see her!
Dec 31, 2021 9:31 AM

Aug 2017
Amazing. Pretty sure better things are going to happen in the next movie. 8/10
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
May 3, 2022 10:29 PM

Aug 2014
These 4 episodes were great. But again, if you watch these in original japanese dub, it can be very slow paced. Thank goodness for the English dub.

As for these 4 episodes, as I said, they were great. Much better than all 12 episodes of season 1, because now you can feel things starting to spice up with everything.

But the anime still suffers from predictable aesthetic, meaning, that the good-looking people are the smart-ones and the ones who the story will follow, while the non-good-looking-people are the evil ones.

Shame that the original LOGH doesnt have an English dub, since its the only reason thats preventing me from watching it past episode 7, since I just get bored of the slow pace and the dry feel and reading all those subtitles of over 150 episodes.
May 8, 2023 8:26 PM
Apr 2023
I was kinda expecting there to be a romantic plot between Reinhard and Kircheis, and I guess I'm either (probably) totally off 😅 or it happens later. I guess it's more a relationship/kinship of admiration, companionship and mutual respect rather than something romantic then?

(Also liked the final episode)
Jul 19, 2023 2:08 AM

Aug 2019
“Traitors” Reinhard is definitely enjoying this.
Sun_ChanJul 19, 2023 2:14 AM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu: Die Neue These - Seiran 1 Episode 3 Discussion

DeadlyRaven - Oct 11, 2019

22 by abystoma2 »»
Jul 19, 2023 7:01 AM

Poll: » Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu: Die Neue These - Seiran 1 Episode 2 Discussion

DeadlyRaven - Oct 11, 2019

21 by Sun_Chan »»
Jul 19, 2023 1:18 AM

Poll: » Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu: Die Neue These - Seiran 1 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

TheCommoner - Sep 26, 2019

51 by Sun_Chan »»
Jul 19, 2023 12:46 AM

» Why did MAL separate this into three parts again?

RossoYorozuya - Jul 17, 2023

3 by Alexioos95 »»
Jul 18, 2023 8:15 AM

» do i still need to watch the 80's version?

jonnn9 - Sep 4, 2022

4 by Br3dWinn3rs »»
Sep 5, 2022 12:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.