Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 29, 2019 6:31 PM

Jul 2017
whyyyy broooo all i wanted was a conclusive ending to their relationship, why an open ending, ffs, cant get a good read nowadays with these mainstream manga that everyone loves, if youre gonna do a 10 year timeskip you might as well show them confessing or getting married or SOMETHING THAT IS CONCLUSIVE. this shit happens to too many manga that go on for too long or longer than expected, the axe, and a shitty blunt one too.
Gintama > One Piece = Naruto > Bleach > DBZ

Nyanko Big is my spirit animal.
Aug 29, 2019 10:38 PM
Mar 2017
What was the point of these 3 chapter.
I dont give a damn about ships n all but atleast they could have shown Soma beating Erina, It would have ended with a inspirational way how a boy from diner defeated the Erina Nakiri.What was the point of title Shokugeki no Soma when most of arc is about the Nakiri family.
Aug 30, 2019 3:49 AM
Apr 2016
Nehza said:
whyyyy broooo all i wanted was a conclusive ending to their relationship, why an open ending, ffs, cant get a good read nowadays with these mainstream manga that everyone loves, if youre gonna do a 10 year timeskip you might as well show them confessing or getting married or SOMETHING THAT IS CONCLUSIVE. this shit happens to too many manga that go on for too long or longer than expected, the axe, and a shitty blunt one too.

I'll say Soma found his special someone maybe a confession could have been a better thing for us shipper but it's bitter sweet
Remembering his initial reason in challenging his father was to make better food for his mother, leading to his desire to become a better chef. After his mother's death, Sōma unknowingly wanted to find that special someone who would make him a better chef and began to believe that special someone is Erina. As such, Sōma is certain that he will make Erina finally say "delicious.

For years I waited to see Erina x Soma to happen. Even thou it was clearly hinted at le~dessert chap 3 that both Erina and Soma have feelings for each other but ofc they didn't yet confess.
Aug 30, 2019 5:06 AM
Jun 2015
Are Japs really this much indecisive? Or just don't have any guts?
Aug 30, 2019 6:02 AM

Aug 2019
He could have just given what a vast majority wanted, instead he opted for the shitty open ending. Even Bleach did not fail on that matter
Aug 30, 2019 11:12 AM

Apr 2015
i found a very good reposted image, credit to the owner, that summarizes the manga's unfortunate pitfalls: https://twitter.com/Kouhai180/status/1166908729905811457/photo/1

but here are my two cents no one asked for. first off, the premise of the story from the beginning was very clear: for him to become number one and beat his father and find someone he will cook for. these three points were achieved in that order. except for the last two which some would argue were less clear.

this whole is father thing could be extrapolated that because he beated his brother?? brother in law??? asahi saiba that he had surpassed his father. but that isn't good enough. i def felt like the central arc was wack, honestly, we could have had asahi + azami team up with the motive to make a pure/true gourmet meal for his wife/nakiri's mother or whatever. the blue contest was...ehh. the concept could have been incorporated differently.

my main issue was unfleshed out character aspect of it all. like the whole ending between nakiri abd souma like come on, you have nothing to lose of making them canon. also, we had 300 chapters of nakiri and her development was minuscule lmao, she became a damsel in distress, a pawn for his development, or the object of his reason to cook or whatever. her comment to say delicious to souma's food would have given her some development but that also didnt happen :/ salty like what was the point lmao. the open ending wasn't really necessary imo, it could have been an easy fix with a battle between saiba senior and souma, a contest between nakiri and souma, nakiri saying delicious, popped locked pokka dotted, but wax philosophically i guess...

the other characters got like no screentime in the blue arc but then somehow made their appearance in the epilogue like...are they a joke to tsukuda lmaooo

i def agree that the manga lost itself as it went along. i still think making nakiri headmaster and all that shit was too soon for the plot. hayama got swept to the curb. and let's return to the whole asahi saiba being erina's brother plot twist OOOF that got me. the one thing that we didn't need to be wrapped up neatly in a bow and handed to us on a silver platter, but it made it like lmao. and my fave alice and ryo had barely any screentime :( we just cant have nice things huh

but because i love this series 8/10. no hard feelings, just kinda disappointed is all. maybe i will re-rate it as 7/10 later, but for now, i dont hate it that much to give it a low rating.
SugusatoAug 30, 2019 5:52 PM

Although we part as I leave for Inaba,
where pines grow on the moutain peaks
If I am to hear that you pine for me
I shall come back to you again
Hyakunin Isshu (小倉百人一首):
Poem #16 "Tachiwakare"
©
Aug 30, 2019 12:57 PM

Jun 2014
i enjoyed the tour of all our characters and it brought a lot of warm feelings and nostalgia, but damn am i disappointed about not getting a concrete souma and erina moment. ah well, it was fun for most of the ride.

time to say goodbye to all these characters :(

Aug 30, 2019 2:29 PM

Sep 2011
imBones said:
why does MAL still have it as ongoing??
Mal is just backlogged with database updates for a while now, it'll be listed properly in like a week or so, Gintama also took a while after it ended to finally see it completed.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Aug 30, 2019 4:44 PM
Mar 2016
I don't understand why he gave us another open ending, as if the one in the actual manga wasn't enough.

Like adding a slide with Erina saying "delicious" would've been at the very least satisfactory.

Considering he never really surpassed Erina in cooking also leaves a bad taste in my mouth sigh.

Not to mention, he spent the half the epilogue chapters talking about Asahi and Soma's mother which he could've done in the manga, not in the most important chapters, the ending.

I don't mean to hate on the author, but it could've been done so much better
Aug 30, 2019 4:58 PM

May 2017
of the worst endings I've read.
    CARP 9/12/18 Eterno
Aug 30, 2019 5:12 PM

May 2018
gekkouka said:
i found a very good repostded image, credit to the owner, that summarizes the manga's unfortunate pit falls: https://twitter.com/Kouhai180/status/1166908729905811457/photo/1

The Twitter nail it. I completely agree especially with the NTR part. When I saw Asahi princess carry Erina, I know this manga has turn shit more than what I thought. I hate it when other males besides the male that is supposedly to be ship with the female touch the female. Any manga that need to rely on NTR to hype the villain is just a terrible writing. Then it turn out to be incest. Well, I guess if it's sibling that does the princess carry it's not really NTR then. The plot twist Asahi turn out to be Erina's half sister is probably because the author receive backlash from shippers to undone the NTR. End of my Shokugeki NTR rant.

My other favorite manhua, My Wife is a Demon Queen has princess carry NTR scene too which really piss me off.
Aug 30, 2019 6:05 PM

Apr 2015
Gorochu said:
gekkouka said:
i found a very good repostded image, credit to the owner, that summarizes the manga's unfortunate pit falls: https://twitter.com/Kouhai180/status/1166908729905811457/photo/1

The Twitter nail it. I completely agree especially with the NTR part. When I saw Asahi princess carry Erina, I know this manga has turn shit more than what I thought. I hate it when other males besides the male that is supposedly to be ship with the female touch the female. Any manga that need to rely on NTR to hype the villain is just a terrible writing. Then it turn out to be incest. Well, I guess if it's sibling that does the princess carry it's not really NTR then. The plot twist Asahi turn out to be Erina's half sister is probably because the author receive backlash from shippers to undone the NTR. End of my Shokugeki NTR rant.

My other favorite manhua, My Wife is a Demon Queen has princess carry NTR scene too which really piss me off.

yeah, the twitter post really summarized everything. not really sure why tsukuda decided to yeet the NTR-esque part into the plot when it felt like the central arc built up the soueri relationship decently. we took one step forward and two steps back. and the desert chapter felt like we were back into chapter 1 lmao. i get the "circle" type of ending tsukuda was going for but...this aint what ppl were looking for

Although we part as I leave for Inaba,
where pines grow on the moutain peaks
If I am to hear that you pine for me
I shall come back to you again
Hyakunin Isshu (小倉百人一首):
Poem #16 "Tachiwakare"
©
Aug 30, 2019 6:48 PM

Apr 2016
JizzyHitler said:
imBones said:
why does MAL still have it as ongoing??
Mal is just backlogged with database updates for a while now, it'll be listed properly in like a week or so, Gintama also took a while after it ended to finally see it completed.
ooh ok, thanks. yeah i noticed this has happened before but never knew why
Aug 30, 2019 11:02 PM

Jul 2011
skull90 said:
of the worst endings I've read.

It's a typical bad ending of WSJ's mangas. Like Bleach, Katekyo Hitman Reborn, Beelzebub or To Love-Ru.

I know it's hard to give a great ending to a famous and big series but.... look Gintama, Bakuman, Ruroni Kenshin or Kuroko no Basuke could do it. I don't know what's wrong whit nowadays' authors.

Yeah, I understand you, but I can't write in English. Yeah, one of the most easiest language. But in exchange I can speak and write one of the most difficult: Hungarian :D - Akinek nem tetszik valami, elmehet Kukutyinba zabot hegyezni.
Aug 31, 2019 4:55 AM

May 2018
LOL! Just realize majority of people voted this 1 out of 5.
Sep 1, 2019 4:21 AM

Jul 2017
Nope, there wasn't even a bit of redemption on the last chapter, except for the time skip and Souma coming back. You had to give us an open ending, in spite of all the shit that has happened so far? Wow, that's what i call pure generosity. It's one of my favorite anime, i came into the manga after i watched the anime, and yet, i am utterly disappointed, to the point i have to say good riddance.
Sep 1, 2019 7:16 AM

Jan 2014
Why even make this 3 extra chapters if you're gonna end on a vague note that aren't that different from the original ending? Gosh, the only revelations worth noted here is just souma's mother
"This is boring...I'm bored..."
Sep 1, 2019 1:28 PM

Mar 2018
The story came well, fumbled in the last arc and left a blank of some characters, these last three chapters are more as bonuses.
Sep 3, 2019 1:51 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Slasa33 said:
Open ending, clap. What was the purpose of these 3 chapters again?

This. I don't get it. It's baffling, why even bother? Same repetitive stuff. Nakuri getting an older brother now? Absurd

At least we got to see Souma's mums story and Alice with long hair and no surprises, she looks hawt.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Sep 4, 2019 7:15 AM

Dec 2014
This was pretty pointless... Excepting the flashback chapter though, which was ok. There was no point in the time skip thou, as it basically ended with no clear conclusion. Knowing what job and shit got the others isn't very relevant for the readers as they did over the top shit like we would be expected, so could have been left to the imagination, and not waste half of the chapter with their exposition. A final duel between Souma and Erina where Souma finally wins and make her say it was delicious and eventually ask her to marry him or something, would have been a billion times better. Is what we wanted. It feels like the author tried to fit so much information about everyone, that he remained without space for what it really matters, the two protagonists... This open ending is shit... like, sure, they realized they have a feeling for each other in a way - but if you think about it, they are 26yo now, so it's been like 7 years since they graduated, and they are barely are at the realization step? At this point, they could reach 50's before a confession happens. Open endings for dense characters simply don't work.

It's sad how this amazing manga dropped to this level, there was so much potential for getting the story in better directions and continuing to have success for another 200 chapters. What's annoying is that this manga has a writer. Someone who doesn't need to spend 80 hours a week drawing, and could actually spend his time writing and developing a good story, unlike another mangaka. He did that very well for 200 chapters, and good for another 50-70. But then it collapsed. The Blue Arc shouldn't have happened. He should have made Erina the 1st seat instead of the principal (which was ridiculous) and Souma the 2nd seat so that it could have continued their story as students and have conflict. Making Erina a principal and Souma the 1st seat, basically made them ultimate bosses, and there was no way to continue the conflict in the school. The answer of the author for that issue was Blue. He was an idiot, he had many other options. A competition between culinary schools in Japan (because at the beginning of the story, Totsuki was presented as one of the top culinary schools in Japan, not the only one) would have been great, or an international competition, maybe an overseas temporary transfer arc.... o simply end it after the Azami arc, but with a better fitting ending.

I don't know why so many mangakas accept to finish their stories with inconclusive endings. Do those peoples have twitter? Do they ever read online opinions and reviews? Why do they do this, when is universally hated by the readers?
kronopySep 4, 2019 7:18 AM
Sep 5, 2019 1:41 PM

Dec 2013
asolutely ruined
Sep 8, 2019 9:55 AM
Nov 2018
They did Ryo dirty. Like he's a freaking Butler? Really?
Sep 8, 2019 10:04 AM
Nov 2018
This was dumb as hell. The author could've just put Soma and her together since we know they like each other. What's up with Japan and dodging romance in anime/manga? It's like these guys don't like putting characters together or something
Sep 15, 2019 5:11 AM

Sep 2017
man im mad af like wtf this epilogue for? we didnt even know anymore of their story because of the time skip and asahi unnecessary development.

ALL I WANT IS JUST ERINA AND SOUMA GET MORE DEVELOPMENT AND MARRIED FFS

EVEN TILL THE END ERINA DIDNT SAY "DELICIOUS" TO SOUMA'S COOKING LIKE WTF DUDE

seriously after regiment de cuisine arc, this manga dropped its story to the fullest. i cant say anything
Sep 17, 2019 12:27 PM

Jun 2014
Well that was lame. I mean, I do enjoy seeing timeskips and "where are they after all these years" type endings, but other than that concept being present in this chapter, it was pretty unsatisfying. I would have liked to see some of these people end up together, like the obvious Souma-Erina pairing (I don't even care about ships and stuff, but that one was so obvious that I assumed we'd see it at the end). Would have been nice to also see Ryo with Alice instead of just being their family butler. And even after all this time, even down to the final panel in the final chapter, we couldnt even get the satisfaction of seeing Erina call Souma's cooking delicious. Smh.

It's amazing just how much this manga's quality dropped after Azami got introduced. From there, it was like a steady decline, getting worse and worse especially during the Regiment de Cuisine (particularly during the part that the upcoming anime season is about to cover, where the outcomes were super predictable from a mile away). But then Asahi was introduced and it went from a steady, gradual decline to just outright bad. The quality plummeted. Sigh, this was such a good, fun, and likable story in the beginning. Too bad that changed. Anyone out there who wants to write their own story, make sure to take notes on the latter half of this one to know what NOT to do, that way you story will actually be good lol.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Sep 17, 2019 1:50 PM

Aug 2018
Absolutely abysmal. Such a pathetic, lacklusture, and uninteresting ending that does not answer any of our hard-pressed questions. For such an amazing manga this is an extreme shame.
Sep 19, 2019 1:29 AM

Apr 2012
Maybe the anime will swoop in his own thing at the end and at least that will give us closure?
One can only hope :')
Sep 23, 2019 5:07 PM

Feb 2013
Fuck this manga :)
Sep 24, 2019 6:19 PM
Apr 2019
Shit ending...

It was good tho until rebel arc..
Sep 28, 2019 6:13 AM

Aug 2013
That was just a fucking joke.
Don't believe the hype.
Sep 28, 2019 10:46 PM

Oct 2012
i really wish the anime can redeem this manga but i dont see it happening.. the Author isnt smart like AOT's was.
Oct 5, 2019 11:23 PM

Mar 2012
This author is talentless!! Art wasn't even done by him (the only good part).
Oct 25, 2019 12:49 AM

Feb 2010
Thanks for all these years Tsukuda, the ending is garbage

won't follow any of this shit and the author's work anymore

Dota 2 Esports Stories are a fuckin Anime IRL Anime Sports

Oct 30, 2019 12:07 AM
Oct 2019
the main problem was (le dessert)

1. soma LOST to erina who just woke up from her nightmare and WON the blue tournament (showing only results !?) so who is the protagonist again of this series souma or erina ??? soma travelled when he lost to erina in the blue tournament because of his mood
2. asahi became part of nakiri family (canon) with more screen time and better ending than souma,while souma still friendzoned
3. souma x erina didn't endup together in the last ch 315.3 (BUT) they will in the future (by using our imagination and i consider it not officially canon if they didn't show it in the manga) ,
4. after (8 YEARS) made some romantic progress (in the epilogue)!? by using (inner monologue instead of verbally speaking)!?
5. never said DELICIOUS to souma ( directly (scene) ).
6. souma keep travelling instead of running his restaurant.
7. not even showing soumas new skills after what he learned from travelling or the dish that hes going to serve in the end instead we got disgusting food like really.
8. open ended: a cliffhanger without a proper closure,both in terms of cooking and romantic relationship.

(ch 315.2) we only got little backstory about souma's mother. the only interesting thing in (le dessert) was the backstory of souma's mother .

(Shokugeki No souma TO Shokugeki No Nakiri):

with all nakiri family members including asahi sit down together and enjoy their meal, Happily ever after.
(blue arc and le dessert): was all about erinas mother,father,half brother and grandfather
even the cover of the manga speak it self vol 34,35,36

missing objectives:

1. souma: i will make you say delicious ? we knew erina like his dishes and looking forward to it (BUT) the huge problem is she's still tsundere and (NEVER) said delicious to souma (directly) (a scene) (simple objective)
2. souma: i will run the restaurant after the graduation ? keep travelling instead of running his restaurant
3. taste of love (Manga ch 52.5) ? erina still didn't taste it because souma keep travelling for 8 years and she misses him but they will in the future ( off screen ) because after 8 years souma just realized his feeling
4. souma: i will surpass my father ? author: but through asahi of course !?

FANBOOK:
about the fanbook were TOO many fans thought that souma and erina got married in the future (source from youtube or twitter),
I read the fanbook translation (source: noa's twitter) . and how come they're married in the future if they didnt show any panel !? thats y author said that they (will eventually) endup together , the author didnt said they r married or together, plus there's no single panel out of 200 pages from the fanbook showing that they're together

ithyphallic60May 19, 2021 3:26 AM
Dec 8, 2019 2:13 AM
Jul 2019
It's open-ended. Leave it to my imagination. But guess what, my imagination says it's not canon and now I'm annoyed cause I don't know what's gonna happen!

Should've confirmed the Erina x Soma ship so my imagination can finally become canon.
Mar 3, 2020 6:42 PM

Nov 2017
finally got around to finishing this manga and wow what the hell happened....that last arc was meh....that last chapter was shit....I only liked these epilogue chapters cuz they felt like a true finale...showing them all older makes me happy and sad cuz it gives me that feeling of 'man it really is over now'...and the Sorina ship will happen....just offscreen.....which is more bullshit....
Apr 25, 2020 4:17 AM
Oct 2019
Hitler React to Shokugeki no Soma Le Dessert ending

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-2vvBsXx1A
May 14, 2020 9:35 PM
Apr 2020
I prefer an ending where Erina tells Soma that she likes Soma food(also meaning that she likes Soma)And that there engaged.
Jul 15, 2020 11:06 PM

Jul 2014
man..was hoping they would like kiss or something with everyone looking in awe and celebrating right there at least :( please be more
Jul 16, 2020 9:01 PM
Oct 2019
bloopersnooper said:
man..was hoping they would like kiss or something with everyone looking in awe and celebrating right there at least :( please be more

watch this

so funny yet so accurate

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-2vvBsXx1A

and the reason y he author didnt let them endup together because theyre to young to get marry (which is BS)

the ship will sail and they will get married eventually off screen (by using our imagination)

ithyphallic60Sep 26, 2020 5:20 AM
Sep 5, 2020 6:03 AM
Feb 2020
euujin said:
really liked it. a nice clean ending with no real romantic pairing but a clear hinting as to what it could have been... should be enough to avoid biased hate. this chap was really reminiscent of tokyo ghoul re's, which i also enjoyed a lot. unfortunately it didn't clear up the large majority of things. but despite the series of abominations that were written over the past chapters, I really enjoyed this series and its characters, and I hope the mangakas come back even better

LMAO,this^^ u basically just explain why this ending is so bad or more like why this "shounen ending/cliche" is really bad,to "avoid biased hate",the author will make stupid open ending,theres no commitment,not even conclusion for the main theme which is "cook for someone special/someone u love" lmao,i hate this shounen cliche so much
Sep 26, 2020 2:23 AM
May 2017
Despite hearing what the ending will be, I have to say after reading the ending of the manga myself, I am more disappointed than ever. The writer kept building the anticipation until it's all blown away with an open ending. This is not fair, and the excuse he gives that there was no space for him to make a wedding happen because of the lack of funding does not justify what he did. There are hundreds of possibilities from which he could join them together in marriage and make Erina say "delicious" finally.
Oct 10, 2020 5:29 AM

May 2020
Was a good ending it should a marriage of Souma and Erina as well. The anime end when Souma back from abroad 6 month after the blue but in manga is 10 years later. They are really growing so old and with their business. Fine ending I thought.
Apr 18, 2021 3:00 PM
Jun 2014
Smells of virgin writer who won't write/draw "cringe"
Aug 4, 2022 6:45 PM

Aug 2017
Well this is the final final ending. But dang it didn't feel like it resolved the main thing people wanted to be resolved.

My biggest regret: Reading all 200+ chapters of Kanojo, Okarishimasu
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma Chapter 315 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Arjuna777 - Jun 12, 2019

134 by addictedtoliving »»
Aug 5, 2023 5:38 AM

» COMPLETED Compilation of All Recipes!

kayune_ - Aug 1, 2022

4 by reedread »»
Feb 13, 2023 1:36 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma Chapter 283 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 12, 2018

24 by uglycat »»
Oct 23, 2022 10:42 AM

Poll: » Our Love Counseling Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 3, 2014

18 by removed-user »»
Oct 2, 2022 6:16 AM

Poll: » Best Girl of Shokugeki no Souma ( 1 2 3 4 )

Subbed - Apr 8, 2014

158 by Saia_er »»
Aug 16, 2022 12:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.