Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fire Force
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Aug 16, 2019 9:42 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Heh, no wonder Hibana has such a twisted personality. It's just that she has a heart of despair.

Also, no wonder Shinra decide to challenge her to prove a point. In the meantime, I do have to admit that Hibana is one of the most dangerous characters he's faced in this series so far. Hibana's personality is all over this place this episode.
Stark700Aug 16, 2019 10:48 AM
Aug 16, 2019 10:44 AM
Apr 2016
Can't say I'm a big fan of the backstory, since I just found her character boring. He did good beating her though. She stopped being the way she was before at the end, so that's nice.
Aug 16, 2019 11:00 AM

Jul 2014
Well that was… a bit anticlimactic.
So is Hibana the 1st member on Shinra's harem? Her petal like pupils turned into hearts fast when Shinra was being smooth with the hero talks.

Couldnt really feel for her backstory, but thats on me as she pissed me off too much with her ego and sado maso plays going on in her group. She hot af tho.
Sister Iris was too dang adorable this ep, she was like a lil puppy.

Shinra's got some pretty mad skills for taking out a captain, that being said felt like she was I dunno… not really that strong? Felt like Maki can take her out too.
Aug 16, 2019 11:01 AM

Aug 2013
We got to see Iris and Princess Hibana backstory. I have to say Hibana is one crazy character. Loved Shinra's hero talk.

Aug 16, 2019 11:05 AM
Nov 2017
-Stray said:
So is Hibana the 1st member on Shinra's harem? Her petal like pupils turned into hearts fast when Shinra was being smooth with the hero talks.

Couldnt really feel for her backstory, but thats on me as she pissed me off too much with her ego and sado maso plays going on in her group. She hot af tho.

Shinra's got some pretty mad skills for taking out a captain, that being said felt like she was I dunno… not really that strong? Felt like Maki can take her out too.
she’s not physically strong . It’s just her ability that’s strong , the 5th is a research group and she only became captain because she had info and basically blackmailed her way to that position .
Aug 16, 2019 11:12 AM

Mar 2019
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH. This episode just made me love the series more than i already did. I actually can't see why other people hate on it so much.
Thank you for reading my post.
Because I wouldn't.
Aug 16, 2019 11:13 AM
Sep 2015
I'm wondering if it's really necessary for 8th division to invade 5th division.
Also it's ridiculous to think that no person in an occupation that put out fire has water ability.
And Shinra said Hero more than My Hero Academia and One Punch Man combined.
Aug 16, 2019 11:14 AM

Jul 2014
MonkeyDJasper said:
-Stray said:

she’s not physically strong . It’s just her ability that’s strong , the 5th is a research group and she only became captain because she had info and basically blackmailed her way to that position .

Yeah but, I expected at least one heavy hitter on their squad if they were full of non combat types, their whole squad got took out by literally 2 2nd gens and 2 rookie 3rd gens. But this is just me being too nitpicky.
Aug 16, 2019 11:38 AM

Sep 2014
Eh pretty meh episode. Hibana is just not interesting and her flashback didn't make me change my opinion about her. Shinra's lines were so uninspiring that were rather cringeworthy but that's me being sick of typical shounen wannabe hero characters. Also, Hibana seemingly falling for him through those lines only made it worse. Only thing I liked from this episode was the post-ED scene because the captain got trolled at the end lol
Aug 16, 2019 11:41 AM

Jan 2018
a back story for little princess here. I knew she was kind to Iris even if I haven't read the manga.

also that fight scene was dope and that sakura tree is just a great representation of her liking to plants. the bit after the end was also fucking awesome since she practically admitted her feelings to Shinra lmaooo (ara ara vibes)
Aug 16, 2019 11:44 AM

Sep 2018
Weird how both this episode and today's Dr. Stone had sections about adding chemicals to flames to change their colour. Not a coincidence I expected to see.
Aug 16, 2019 11:47 AM
Dec 2018
I sense Boa Hancock vibes from Hibana last episode. Looks like I'm not entirely wrong. LOL
Aug 16, 2019 11:55 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Lmfao, that after-credit scene starring the Capt was mad hilarious! I was confident he’d join this battle in a bang but looks like he was way too busy preparing xD. God, that was some good laughter one after another, with the first being Hibana’s 360 degree flip to falling head over heels for Shinra over that unimpressive and usual hero lines and then consequently being overly cooperative. Shinra and Iris’s reactions there didn’t help my tummy sides either.

Anyway, we finally got more into the backstory of Hibana & Iris and it was somewhat touching indeed but more so sort of meh I suppose. Coupled with this, the ridiculous ‘falling for MC’ trope just made it all the more .. hilarious, really. Got to say, some of the art direction this episode was bloody gorgeous and really impactful though, especially that ‘sakura tree’ and the detail put behind her flowers, eyes and plenty of her facial expressions and the unsettling vibe through that shaky bit during her leave from Iris and aplenty more. I was certainly expecting Capt. Hibana to be stronger but I suppose that backstory where she smuggled her way in pretty much explains that bit. I’m sure Iris’s “you were our hero” resounded deep within her though, I don’t know why but it sort of left an impression on me.

Well, we’ve got ourselves a ‘dinner party’ to look forward to next lol. Definitely curious to see how that’ll play out. Are we just going to gloss over that old man last episode with the ability to transform into an infernal though? New ED visuals too, yeah?
_MushiRock11_Aug 16, 2019 12:04 PM
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Aug 16, 2019 11:57 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
rusenakman said:
I sense Boa Hancock vibes from Hibana last episode. Looks like I'm not entirely wrong. LOL

Yes, Boa Hancock! I felt like she strikingly reminded me of someone with that sudden lovesickness, and of course it’s Boa Hancock xD!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Aug 16, 2019 12:15 PM
Jul 2017
I dont really know what to think about this episode, this arc was really boring, they hyped up the 5th so much and then the 8th just kinda won.

Also they did the same trick with the fire and the colors in Dr. Stone today too lol
Aug 16, 2019 12:23 PM
Jan 2018
Wow this just pretty much gets worse and worse every episode
Aug 16, 2019 12:34 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Man the angels sure are proving to be useless. Still as expected of the princess the abilities that she has was pretty interesting. Both in terms of effects and in visually as well. Unlike Iris looks like she hated the time at the convent. Shinra's battle though relatively brief sure did well in showing how determined he is to break through others delusions and save them. Though she was strong looks like her flames were the only things that she can actually rely on. Despite her defeat it was nice seeing Iris and the Princess reforge their bonds. A solid ep that while wrapping up the assault nicely also did well to expand upon Iris and the princess's time at the convent.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 16, 2019 12:39 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
She got off easy. One punch, even one as satisfying as our boy landed, was not enough punishment considering the shit she's done.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Aug 16, 2019 12:56 PM

Jan 2009
a whole sakuga episode this time huh thats nice

and there are lots of sexy frames of Hibana too like this one

Aug 16, 2019 1:32 PM

Apr 2016
This episode was quit boring, also the background story of Hibana doesn't convinced me a lot.
Aug 16, 2019 1:42 PM

Nov 2013
Obi LOOOOOOL.
That complete 180 of Hibana’s personality was nice. I guess all she wanted was someone to save her. Hoping to see more of her
Aug 16, 2019 1:52 PM

Jun 2019
It's so delightful to see the innocence and cuteness of sister iris, she was the greatest highlight of this episode for me.
Aug 16, 2019 1:56 PM

Aug 2018
The post credit scene was the best part of the episode with Capt. Oubi. Everything else was just kind of okay... and Shinra's usage of the word 'hero' needs to be cut in half. Here's to hoping the story picks up a little bit in following weeks.
Aug 16, 2019 2:13 PM
Oct 2018
Talk no justu

characters limit
Aug 16, 2019 2:24 PM

Jul 2014
The team thats been handling this is the same from Kizu right? cause this scene had the same vibe.

Aug 16, 2019 2:36 PM

Jan 2011
Another anime with good animation and poor written
Aug 16, 2019 2:58 PM
Mar 2017
Well, we finally know why Hibana lost faith and decided to go to the side of science and in turn she totally lost her mind.
I liked the backstory of both girls, it showed us a nice and skilled Hibana with chemistry, I liked it a lot as she manipulated and managed to change the color of the fire flowers, we also saw a shy and small Iris that was too sweet and Adorable, without a doubt I liked to see them so close, but the flames consumed that past and with it Hibana's mental health.

Shinra became serious and struggled despite having a slight disadvantage against Hibana's pyrokinesis, the ability to alter the rival's body heat gave Hibana enough advantage to beat Shinra, but it was amazing to see Shinra not give up and this made Hibana more enraged and showed us her best weapon, that huge sakura tree with flaming petals ... that was beautiful, very well designed and excellently animated.
Shinra put a good punch in the face of Hibana to recover her reason, at that speed and with that power the knock out was assured. Already knowing that she has been defeated Hibana feels that she lost everything but Iris lets her know that she was always a hero for her and the other girls in the convent, but still nobody was and will be there to offer help to her, but is Shinra who with his hero speech tells Hibana that he will always be willing to go to her aid and this skip a beat in Hibana's heart, those heart-shaped eyes ... a classic that never fails.
Iris and Hibana reinforce their bonds as sisters again, those beautiful irises that Hibana made to Iris was a moving detail.

I laughed a lot with the post-credit scene, Hinawa had no mercy with anyone from the fifth squad, but Hibana would cooperate to make this incident look like a mock battle, but without a doubt what made me laugh a lot was Shinra and Iris reaction when Hibana admitted she is in love with Shinra, something that neither of them expected from the princess. Hibana can be cute when she doesn't show her sadistic and madness side.

This episode was very good, I love how Hibana's madness exploded through her facial expressions that were very good and very disturbing during the fight with Shinra.

I felt sorry for Captain Obi, he was fully prepared for combat, but his subordinates were faster than him and Obi missed all the action.
Aug 16, 2019 3:37 PM

Aug 2017
Okay good we're done with the Company 5 Arc.

Much more excited for the next arc, a more interesting set-up plus I recall its the arc where the series picks up.
I used to be a watchmaker.
Aug 16, 2019 4:03 PM

Apr 2015
All those flowers were pretty!

Hibana falling for Shinra, after a simple speech.. She definitely isn't very strong, he abilities seem to make her strong. One punch to the face was all needed to take her out after all.

That post credit scene with Captain Obi was priceless, took too long preparing...
Aug 16, 2019 4:19 PM

May 2015
MonkeyDHunter said:
Eh pretty meh episode. Hibana is just not interesting and her flashback didn't make me change my opinion about her. Shinra's lines were so uninspiring that were rather cringeworthy but that's me being sick of typical shounen wannabe hero characters. Also, Hibana seemingly falling for him through those lines only made it worse. Only thing I liked from this episode was the post-ED scene because the captain got trolled at the end lol

Her falling for Shinra is mostly treated as a joke. I'm 90 chapters into the manga and it's never been taken that seriously. In fact, the series doesn't really have any romantic elements to speak of.

Aug 16, 2019 4:48 PM

Dec 2016
phantomfandom said:
it's ridiculous to think that no person in an occupation that put out fire has water ability.

I mean they already established that there are only people with fire abilities, all water powers could be only artificial (water technology).
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.99/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.169/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.89/? - weekly)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.66/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.55/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Aug 16, 2019 4:53 PM

Nov 2008
It's too bad that Shinra is such a numbnuts - there's so much wonderful motorboating available there...
Aug 16, 2019 4:54 PM
Jul 2016
I guess a punch to the face solves years of warped rationale by intense psychological trauma from childhood.. Let alone the undeserving powerup to just suddenly overcome induced vertigo/lightheadedness. AND also suddenly break the laws of gravity and to get his feet back on to the ground after those flower petals picked him up.

Aug 16, 2019 5:26 PM

Nov 2016
This was a nice dinner party with surprise attack as a dessert xD And late Captain had me rolling haha.

Well, Hibana can be pretty cute too. But I have to say, her backstory and redemption didn't really know to convince me.

Still good episode.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 16, 2019 5:26 PM
May 2019
Ok, this episode was the best so far for me. Of course, it was a little like the final Sasuke vs Naruto, but I guess it's only because the shock of her being beaten by a nobody was that big of a deal for her to rethink stuff. And also, she likes him, so she probably also wants the D.
Aug 16, 2019 5:28 PM

Nov 2011
I thought the art, animation, and fight were amazing. They did not talk much about what happened with the sisters other then them burning. Did they all just combust? I find that hard to believe. Also if they were crumbling wouldn't they have just been burned alive and not crumbled? Idk it's still a sketchy situation so I am curious if anything else will happen with that story.

5th Captain is in love with Shinra now?...hot.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Aug 16, 2019 6:07 PM

Feb 2019
Because of the hype for this anime before it even airs, I started reading the manga, it was ok though some arc are so, so while other arc are good. But because of reading the manga before hand I expected the anime will entertain me but that wasn`t the case in ep. 1 to 5. Somehow ep. 6 isn`t that bad but shinra should tone down with the hero thing.
Aug 16, 2019 6:18 PM

Jul 2012
Uh....... Probably the worst episode so far. No real objective. Just 5th Capt and Shinra fighting. Backstory sucked. I wish this show would be more interesting.
Aug 16, 2019 6:20 PM

Jan 2009
thats what she said lol the sex appeal is oozing

and im glad Fire Force will be better from this point forward judging from the manga readers reaction on this episode
Aug 16, 2019 6:22 PM

Aug 2019
Just an OK episode for me.

Hibana's backstory wasn't all that interesting to me. Smokin' body though.

The fight was anti-climatic, given she was a captain. The previous episodes ones were better. Dialogue uninspiring.
Aug 16, 2019 6:24 PM
Jun 2012
I wish there was a bit more build up to the confrontation with the 5th Company, felt a little rushed. Also, I'm just not a huge fan of the whole villain becoming a good guy after they're beaten. The shift makes her character feel so cheap, all her convictions gone so easily.

It's not awful, but I not satisfying either.
Aug 16, 2019 6:38 PM
Oct 2018
Shinra X Hibana 💞 I'm ship a lot now
Aug 16, 2019 6:45 PM

Dec 2014
Pretty good episode but I think some of the previous ones were better.

I don't dislike Hibana but as many other pointed out, I didn't really feel for her backstory as much, it wasn't as compelling as you would want it to be.

I'm going to assume that the 5th squad have no combat oriented members since Shinra was able to take out a captain in pretty much a single blow and Shinra himself doesn't really seem like an overly strong character to be able to beat someone like say Obi.

Sister Iris is cute and Hibana blushing at the end was win.
Aug 16, 2019 6:49 PM

May 2015
Imo, this is point in the story where it becomes way more interesting. I don't think anything up till here is bad, but it definitely starts improving after this. I'd recommend that anyone who's iffy on the show sticks around for at least a few more episodes.

Aug 16, 2019 7:05 PM
Feb 2018
Around here is where I stopped reading the manga. Everything about this arc felt off for me and I just wasn't invested enough in the characters to continue. The anime is slightly better, in the sense that some of these characters have a bit more of an impression on me(like Maki for example). Other characters still bug the shit out of me though(fucking Arthur).

I think animation and voice acting really elevate the things that felt boring or cringy in the manga. Shinra's whole thing with the different superhero names still irks me. Also Hibana's change in character. However, the actual fight is far more interesting with color, animation, and music.

I'm going to keep watching, even if this anime clearly does have several issues(mostly with pacing I feel).

PS: It's insane to me that this series' score has gone down so drastically. At the beginning of the season, it was at like an 8.32 and it dropped with every consecutive episode.
Aug 16, 2019 7:20 PM

Jun 2016
Personally was just an ok episode for me. Nothing too remarkable to speak highly though I did kinda expected the episode to have more a feel of 'explosiveness' to it but it was ok.
Izuru_Kamukura10Aug 16, 2019 7:29 PM
Gift by Mimurona

Aug 16, 2019 7:28 PM

Feb 2017
lol all the people crying over hibana being the new "harem member" xD
so far she seems to be the only one to look shinra in that manner.
Aug 16, 2019 7:33 PM
Jan 2017
Oh fuck we got a new candidate for best girl on our hands here
Light Hair
Dark Skin
Heart Eyes
Forehead
Cute blush
And hot as hell (heh.)
Hibana is close to beating Maki for me ngl.
Aug 16, 2019 7:47 PM

Feb 2014
Obi's late to the party that he never got invited too. XD
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Aug 16, 2019 7:51 PM

Jan 2011
even with being a big softie for hibana she got off a bit too easy in typical shounen fashion i doubt for now if there's a lot of inner fighting with the companies they'll share the same fate as her

this show still looks quite nice and makes the action fun to watch, the dialogue at times on the other hand is pretty cheesy for me

Captain not realizing the fights over was funny
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2019

198 by Twerms »»
Yesterday, 2:11 AM

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 5, 2019

389 by NachmanTheSoos »»
Jun 2, 5:05 PM

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 29, 2019

136 by DarkSageRK »»
Jun 1, 8:04 AM

» Why wasn't it successful?

Leon888 - May 24

47 by Yeshaiah2015yesh »»
May 28, 10:46 AM

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2019

65 by Xaxas_Lyza »»
May 23, 5:19 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.