Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fruits Basket Collector's Edition
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jul 5, 2019 9:50 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Interesting, we got a new OP song for the second half of the season.

Pretty entertaining but also an emotional episode. Again, they're keeping Saki and Arisa relevant this season. Also, we have the charactes paying respects to Tohru's mother, one of the most important characters in the entire series.

The way this show keeps her importance shows the amount of influence she had on Tohru.
Stark700Jul 5, 2019 11:29 AM
Jul 5, 2019 10:34 AM

Apr 2016
Jesus, Mary and Joseph .. yo what the fuck, this was sad as shit .. well at least the first half.

I wonder what he's sorry for.
Jul 5, 2019 10:36 AM

Dec 2014
That Momiji backstory really got me. :(
He's a small kid with a childish attitude but deep down he's the most mature and the strongest of them all. :(

Second half with them visiting Tohru's Mom's grave was nice but what did Kyou apologize to Tohru for?
Jul 5, 2019 10:36 AM

Jan 2018
POOR MOMIJIIIIIIII AGHHHHHHHHHH
Jul 5, 2019 10:37 AM

Dec 2012
I knew this episode was coming, but wow this was really sad.
Learning about Momiji and the grave visit always brake my heart. Plus, thanks to Hana, we get to learn a bit about Kyo and his thoughts~. A n d, we see the cap again. Lots of things happening T.T
Amazing episode
Jul 5, 2019 10:50 AM

May 2015
Oh wowie I was not expecting to feel this sad over an anime on this fine Friday afternoon.

♡ artist
サコ
Jul 5, 2019 10:51 AM

Jul 2017
HEYYY! New OP & ED for the Season's 2nd half, and previous memories of the 2001 version came streaming back.

To think that Saki and Arisa, Tohru's "life-and-blood" friends who have stood with her through the test of time, that's assuring, even with Tohru's mom's passing. This is how supporting characters do their job: to LITERALLY be the base, the foundation of the main character.

So Momiji's condition follows the tradition of the Somas, same as how Akito scarred Hatori and Kana the few episodes prior. Now that I think of it, it is undoubtedly the Soma curse: of memory erasure and existence forgotten. Pretty sad if you ask me.

Regardless, everyone's here to pay respects to Tohru's mom. The symbolism of Saki and her "waves" meant something to the heart, especially to the trio.

So what is Kyo's "I'm sorry" to Tohru for???
Jul 5, 2019 10:59 AM
Oct 2011
I love how accurate it is to the manga though its going to be awhile before anyone who just watches the anime will find out about the cap and why kyo doesnt give it his all when he has feelings to tohru. Love the OG anime but they mad the anime so cute and fun to watch but took out all the darkness that the manga has. Just know the cap has alot of importance and is another big reason why kyo hates yuki and why at times kyo doesnt want to get close to tohru while also being the reason why he hates himself and the curse. Lol hope I didnt spoil to much of what happened
hinata3487Jul 5, 2019 11:03 AM
Jul 5, 2019 11:04 AM

Jan 2018
I knew Momiji backstory would hit me but I didn't expect it to hit me this hard!
I really loved the new opening and ending!

Jul 5, 2019 11:15 AM

Sep 2015
Sweet baby Momiji! That hug between him and Tohru after he tells his story always gets to me.

Another great episode, with some new details not in the ‘01 version. For all those wondering about Kyo’s “I’m sorry”, it’s something we won’t totally understand until closer to the end of the series, but there are little hints that have already been dropped, one in this episode...
Jul 5, 2019 11:17 AM
May 2017
Sad story, but i don't care. I still find Momiji fkin' annoying.
Jul 5, 2019 11:21 AM
May 2018
This episode was so happy and so sad at the same time, my emotions are so confused!
I think the new op and credits looked great but i will miss the old credits song.
The ending with carrots was so cute.
I'm so excited for next Friday
Jul 5, 2019 11:29 AM

Nov 2007
Man, brings back memories. Imagine someone who had seen these parts almost two decades back yet becoming all teary.

This adaptation has been so good. Even after knowing what is coming, I am still getting so emotional. Also, gotta love my boy Kyo. Has always loved him, and always will.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jul 5, 2019 11:42 AM

Nov 2018
KlinyKlinn said:
POOR MOMIJIIIIIIII AGHHHHHHHHHH

Here have a tissue first..and don't crying aloud because if you cry then I will cry out loud together with other commentators whose suffered crying due the back story of momiji...
And then with the first memorial of tohru's mother with a lots of memories...
Jul 5, 2019 11:45 AM

Apr 2017
well, now i'm sad. beautiful episode yet so emotional. momiji's backstory hit me like a ton of bricks - i can't relate to him, but it's still so damn sad; his mom didn't even try.

tohru really does have the best friends she could ask for - they're with her until the bitter end no matter what. they're all so good to her.

the little bit at the end with kyou - what does he mean? sorry about what? i'm excited to find out what he means.

also, i'm sad to see again and lucky ending go, but the new OP and ED are really good :)
Jul 5, 2019 11:46 AM

Nov 2014
The new ED is nice. The English part reminds me of ONE OK ROCK and MONKEY MAJIK. The OP, too, kinda fits the story better.

Momiji's story breaks my heart. His mom doesn't deserve his love and affection. A mother should love her child unconditionally. What kind of monster would call their own child a "monster"? "Creature"? She's the more "monster" one of this relationship.

I can't wait to see what Kyo's backstory is. There're also lots of foreshadowing in this episode. Love it.

Momiji in this pic looks like pikachu:

ttcchenJul 5, 2019 12:02 PM
Jul 5, 2019 11:52 AM

Mar 2017
Oh lord, what is this anime trying to do to me?! I wanna adopt Momoji and love him the way his mum couldn't. That is so fucking sad. He has to watch as his family live without him... I'm not crying, my eyes are just sweating i swear!

Also, what was happening with that ending? I knew there was some significance to the hat but it's connected to Yuki's past? I wanna know how! And why is Kyo saying sorry to Tohru? Too many questions!
Jul 5, 2019 11:55 AM

Dec 2015
This episode we finally have Momiji's backstory! I've already mentioned Momiji is best boy for me, so "On Why Sohma Momiji is Best Boy", I will.... actually deliver an essay. Warning: EXTREMELY long comment ahead!

A quick recap on some of Momiji's best moments prior to this episode:

- After learning that an outsider knows about the Zodiac secret, he's the first of the Zodiacs to voluntarily approach her (though in this episode we see that he probably also had another motive for doing so)

- His first reaction after properly introducing himself to Tohru was to glomp her. So far, none of the male Zodiac characters have hugged her of their own volition (mostly because of propriety), but even so, I want to point out that Momiji had no hesitation; I consider that to be a wholehearted acceptance of Tohru, while the other Zodiacs are still learning how to open up to her.

- He's the only Zodiac member to help her out at her part-time job! Granted, the others are probably busy (or don't like Tohru that much), but this also shows how much Momiji likes Tohru that he would use his free time to help her. (Okay, and also to kill time since he's also there to see his family. But still, I think it takes a kind and caring person to consistently help a friend out at work, without receiving anything in return.)

- And of course, during the retelling of the traveler story, how he would never take advantage of the traveler, but treat her kindly and make her happy. Considering that the traveler is blatantly compared to Tohru, it's clear that Momiji also means to make her happy.

And now, discussion of the episode proper. We learn that Momiji's mom doesn't remember him, that she had rejected him because she couldn't accept giving birth to something that's not wholly human. Even Momiji's father rejects him, by choosing his wife over his son. (And by the way, telling your young kid that in order to save his mother, she must forget him, and "if you love her you would do it for her" is on a whole 'nother level of asshole. It's not like Momiji ever had any real choice to begin with!) Momiji wishes that his mother had chosen not to forget him, but the fact that he's been coming to see her also shows that he doesn't hate her. On the contrary, the happy way he described his mother and his sister underlies the true yearning for familial love and bond.

Momiji's speech about memories and forgetting is still one of my favorite parts of the entire series. Unlike his mother, he declares that even for memories that hurt, he won't choose to forget. Instead, he will gain strength so that one day he won't be defeated by those memories, and even regard them as precious. The fact that Momiji can even say these things shows the inner strength that he possesses; he's one of the strongest characters we've seen so far. It takes strength to not hate and resent your mother for abandoning you for something out of your control. It takes strength not to try and approach her, but to watch from a distance. And it takes strength to find happiness, even as it hurts to know that you were unwanted, and can never experience a mother's love, while watching others have happy families (I'm saying this in general, since it's hinted that other Zodiacs don't exactly have happy families either).

Momiji often comes across as a happy-go-lucky kid, without a worry in the world, but we see today that beneath that facade hides a child who's still yearning for his mother's love. That's not to say that he's merely pretending to be happy; rather, despite his pain, he's not letting it consume him. Instead, he still finds ways to be happy. Contrast this to some of the other Zodiacs, like Yuki (though to be fair we haven't seen if Momiji was abused by Akito too, and even if he was, it's probably not the same level as Yuki): Momiji finds the strength to still continue smiling. In a way, that makes him somewhat similar to Tohru; despite the pain they both endure, they still find a way to smile. (And also contrast Momiji's response to memories with Hanajima, who says that if it were Tohru who died, she might have wished she never met Tohru.) And that's one of the major reasons why I love Momiji: because he's so strong, despite his appearance. Never judge a book by its cover. I love Momiji so much, I buy his
AND
merch! (Spoilered because large images, please ignore the non-Furuba merch, I didn't have time to take pictures with just Furuba merch) thank you based anime gods for remaking Furuba so I can collect all the Momiji merch that I missed out on when I was younger

One additional point I forgot to mention earlier: I also want to point out Tohru's reaction when she hears Momiji's story - she hugs him. More than just providing comfort, she hugs him even though she knows he will transform. And even after transforming, she continues to hug him. This is a sharp contrast to Momiji's mother: instead of rejection, Tohru accepts Momiji for who he is, Zodiac animal and all. It's her ability to accept the Sohmas for who they are that makes her so incredibly precious to them.

My Momiji essay ends here for now, but rest assured, I will continue this when there are more based Momiji moments!

---

Other thoughts:

- I'm still not feeling the new OP and ED yet. But I'll give it time to grow on me. That said, I love the whole umbrella theme in the OP - it conveys an uplifting message of "the sunshine after the rain"; perhaps with time, the pain will pass, or at least diminish, and our characters can find happiness.

- The whole Kyo thing is interesting. There's a lot to unpack here, with Hana's line about him feeling regret the most telling. Why does Kyo feel regret? Why was he so reluctant to visit the grave at first? There's definitely more things here.

- I was ready to scream my heart out when Kyo leaned over... but it turns out he wasn't gonna kiss her. Dammit.

- Yuki's reaction to the cap is interesting. He's definitely involved in that incident when Tohru was lost then. So is he Tohru's first love?

Also needless to say, I cried a lot this episode. I never not cry at Momiji's backstory, but even the whole grave visiting made me sob too. Truly Feelruba.

Edit: added a portion on Momiji's strength and Tohru
starlightshineJul 5, 2019 12:42 PM
Jul 5, 2019 12:12 PM

Mar 2013
i love both op and ed!
that scene with momiji backstory got me tho.
i finished the manga few years back so i know almost every thing but this is still good <3
Jul 5, 2019 12:42 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Man, this was some feelsome episode! Manly tears, I tell you!

Depressing backstory for Momoji, even for Furuba’s standards imo. Momoji realising that he’s the one behind his mother’s downfall and eavesdropping during the “My biggest regret in life is giving birth to that Creature” was simply the death of me. Good lord, he’s just too selfless! I knew things were iffy when his mother asked about his mother but certainly not something of this sort. Yikes, this Soma Curse really is crippling! Momoji then going on to saying those strong words which Tohru even could relate to, these two have been through too much and I just want happiness to shower upon them now! And to make matters even worse for me, Momoji’s really proud of his younger sister and has been keeping a distant eye on them all this time. God, that’s .. a lot for my heart to take in.

Moreover, more sadness seeping through from this episode. Tohru and co visit to the graveyard was really depressing but she’s such a tough girl now that you just can’t help but smile and wish the best for her. Yuki finds out why she was so invested earlier and what a sad reveal that is. Hanajima and Uo were amazing this episode as always and it was great to have some more of Hanajima this episode! So apparently the waves are from the brains and are not spiritual powers, I don’t even know which is more scary anymore lol. Her mother-in-law side was a really nice treat too. Highly curious as to why Kyo apologised to Tohru there, he seemed to be on edge throughout the grave visit too. Surely there’s something that must’ve happened and I’m really curious to know what! Yuki’s reaction to the hat suggests something too, I wonder if they encountered each other in the past. Hopefully, we’ll get to see Shigure-san visit Tohru’s mother sometime too though.

New Op & ED were both good but sadly inferior to the previous ones, imho. I’ll definitely miss the days where I’d refresh and be ready for the episode, thanks to the stunning Op1, and then shut down with Vickeblanka’s astonishing vocals!
_MushiRock11_Jul 5, 2019 1:13 PM
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jul 5, 2019 12:50 PM

Nov 2016
Prefered the first theme songs, even tho the new ones aren't that shabby.

Pretty emotional episode again. Momoji's backstory really pulled on my heartstrings. Also liked the grave scene.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 5, 2019 12:54 PM

Jun 2008
Old version Momiji's story was way more emotional. Its the first ep in the remake I'm very disappointed.

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Jul 5, 2019 12:54 PM

Dec 2016
OMG! This episode is so deep ;A; The feels and sadness that this episode transmited </3 It's well made!

I knew that the way Momiji talked about his mother, it will make an huge impact to Tohru and make her remember of her own, and... I was right :( Was expecting for Tohru to cry. Those two need a warm hug!!

The ending... Kyou leaning to kiss Tohru in her sleep and Yuki discovering the "famous" hat. I want to know more about the past and also watch them confessing their feelings for her as time goes by ><

Alright!! New OP and ED are good, but I still preffer the ones before. It just didn't have that impact like it did with the first ones.

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Jul 5, 2019 12:55 PM

Oct 2012
Momiji's back story was amazing. What a strong kid!
The new OP was, for me, forgettable.
Obviously, we still have a lot more to learn about the Soma's. Can't wait!
Jul 5, 2019 1:14 PM

Jun 2014
PurpleGirl203 said:
The ending... Kyou leaning to kiss Tohru in her sleep and Yuki discovering the "famous" hat. I want to know more about the past and also watch them confessing their feelings for her as time goes by ><

Kyou didn't lean to kiss Tooru, but to whisper to her ear that he is sorry. Like Hanajima said, Yuki and Kyou are still too busy with their troubles/problems to ''have the capacity for a romantic relationship'' or if you want, to fall in love. This is just the mangaka teasing the readers with the cap and Kyou's leaning down, and also foreshadowing. You'll have to wait a while for any confessions that might come. ^^; This is a long series with a lot of important characters who have problems after all, it's not some simple reverse harem. ^^;
Waiting for Gundam SEED Movie..... (ಥ‿ಥ)

Waiting for Sailor Moon Cosmos..... o(≧▽≦)o
Jul 5, 2019 1:28 PM

Mar 2014
Man Momiji's past never fails to bring me to tears. Most Sohma parents are shit
Jul 5, 2019 1:29 PM

Apr 2019
Emotional episode to say the least. The backstory of Momiji and his Mother was sad and has shown us a little bit more about the Soma family. The second half was also interresting to see Tohru cheerful during such an sad event nicely develops her charracter and we got a little clifhanger at the end.
Good episode overall.
Jul 5, 2019 1:33 PM

Oct 2015
ahem
WHO THE F DOES FRUITS BASKET THINK IT IS MAKING ME CRY FOR MOMIJI AGAIN AFTER A LITERAL DECADE? I AM A GROWN WOMAN NOW GODDAMN
Jul 5, 2019 1:34 PM

Jan 2017
Orulyon said:
Old version Momiji's story was way more emotional. Its the first ep in the remake I'm very disappointed.

that´s the feeling I have with the remake; the most emotional moments of the first version seems weaker in this one, and some "nothing special" moments of the first version (for me, the original "new year episode" was a weak one episode) got really emotional in this new version.
Jul 5, 2019 1:49 PM

Sep 2008
Episode's quite somber here compared to earlier ones, especially with some of the revelations toward the end hinting of things to come with Tohru's relationships with Yuki and Kyo.

But moving on, this episode adapts chapters 23 and 24 from the manga, being the equivalent of the 2001 anime's 15th episode. Viewers of the 2001 anime may recognize the hints of foreshadowing of things to come from this latest episode that were removed from the 2001 series. Like recent episodes, nothing too significant was changed from the anime's adaptation of the manga's events in these chapters. Here were differences I spotted in this episode:

-When Tohru’s talking to Shigure, his kimono had a more elaborate design in the manga that was simplified for the anime. Also during this scene, Kyo was having a drink from a bottle in the manga.
-Arisa’s imagining of Kyoko’s delinquent days as the “Red Butterfly” were added for the anime.
-When Momiji was fleeing from one of his classmates while playing Cops and Robbers, the classmate chasing him came in from a window instead of within the hallway in the manga. The anime also removed a small bit of the scene where Momiji said good bye to Tohru in German as he fled, while Saki and Arisa remarked on how energetic he was.
-Tohru chasing after Momiji as he was chased by his classmate while Arisa and Saki comment on her resolve was added for the anime. Throughout the exchange in the manga, Tohru was just thinking vacantly.
-Throughout the time Momiji is at Tohru’s workplace, the tie he’s shown wearing had a more elaborate pattern design in the manga that was simplified for the anime.
-Later at Tohru’s workplace, Momiji was shown chatting with Tohru instead of assisting her with work in the manga.
-Tohru was visibly more shocked in reaction to seeing a photo of Momiji’s mother in the manga.
-Tohru’s thoughts about Momiji’s remarks on his family were added for the anime.
-As Momiji’s mother was leaving with Momo, part of her comment toward her daughter about her father being worried was removed from the anime. In addition, Momiji pressing his hand on a vending machine as he had concern about interacting with them was added for the anime.
-As Momiji told his story about his mother, Tohru was staring at the photo of his mother in the manga instead of staring at him. In addition, the scene showing Momiji’s mom and Momiji as a baby in silhouette were added for the anime.
-Momiji’s mother was not suicidal in the manga when she was in hysterics over her son being one of the zodiac members.
-When Tohru was crying in reaction to Momiji’s story in the manga, she had her face pressed to the photo of Momiji’s mother following the flashback.
-The back of Kyo’s shirt had a symbol design in the manga that was removed for the anime.
-The final part of Chapter 23 depicting Momiji walking past his mother was removed from the anime.
-A bit of the start of Chapter 24 was removed showing Kyo remarking to himself on an uncertain feeling as he arrives to the temple with Yuki and Tohru. He also makes a remark on the temple’s size to Tohru, who comments that she likes the calm atmosphere of the setting.
-As Tohru remarked on how everyone was arriving to see Kyoko, the manga showed close-up shots of Kyo’s face, with Tohru’s glance at him added for the anime. In addition, a small exchange of dialogue where Tohru explained Saki and Arisa would be meeting them at her mother’s grave was removed from the anime.
-Yuki and Kyo’s shocked facial reactions to Arisa and Saki’s attires were removed for the anime.
-Yuki and Kyo remarked on Kyoko’s grave site being clean in the manga instead of Saki and Arisa.
-Kyo and Yuki’s eye reactions shown in response to hearing about the young death of Tohru’s father was removed from the anime.
-The teacher that called for Tohru to inform her about her mother’s accident in Yuki’s flashback was not clearly shown in the manga. For the anime, this was the homeroom teacher, Mayuko Shiraki.
-While Kyo did keep some distance from the group while at Kyoko’s grave in the manga, he did not walk away from them as depicted in the anime. This, of course, leads Saki to walk toward them due to this slight change for the anime.
-While eating at Kyoko’s grave, the sitting order of the five is different between the anime and manga.

• Manga (from left to right): Kyo, Tohru, Saki, Arisa, Yuki
  • Anime (from left to right): Yuki, Arisa, Tohru, Kyo, Saki

-A brief bit during the picnic scene showing Kyo having discomfort around Saki in reaction to her comments on his “waves” got removed from the anime.
-A bit of the picnic scene was removed from the anime that showed Arisa continuing to go into her admiration of Kyoko, with Tohru happily taking a glance at her mother’s grave as everyone ate and talked.
-The ending of the episode had some changed and removed details…

1. Kyo’s face was not as close to Tohru’s when he made his apology.
  2. When approaching Tohru’s room to clean up the papers being blown around and seeing the hat she has, there is a removed bit where Yuki remarked he recognized the hat as the one he found in the rubble of Tohru’s tent at the cliff from Chapter 1 and continuing to clean the papers up before realizing its importance.
  3. There is another removed bit showing a smiling Kyo stroking Tohru’s head as she sleeps and an accompanying narration commenting on the feelings of Tohru and the boys having yet to fully open up.
ggultra2764Jul 5, 2019 2:14 PM
Jul 5, 2019 1:52 PM

Sep 2011
I didn't remember about Momiji's past, and it's too miserable. Being rejected by his mother, knowing she tried to kill herself "because" of him, that she regretted giving birth to him, and that she wanted to forget his existence. It's just too much. Then his father, who said that he would love him a lot for it, but he feels so distant that we don't even see his face. Going home with his wife and daughter without sparing a thought to the son that was rejected. But I don't know, maybe I'm being harsh with him, but I can't help when I think of how utterly alone Momiji might have felt, and still feels watching them from a distance.

But it's admirable, the way he doesn't want to forget anything, not even the most painful memories, he deserves the world. Tooru is amazing too, I can't fathom how much she misses her mother, but she is bravely standing, dealing with her loss while trying her best and helping others. Kyou was strangely distant this time though, with the anniversary of the death of Tooru's mother. He asked Hana-chan if she could see the dead, and he whispered "I'm sorry" to Tooru while she slept too. It raises a few questions, but I'm sure time will tell. Yuki also found, and recognized the hat, now let's see how he reacts. Oh, and the new OP is good, but I didn't like it nearly as much as the first. Same with the new ED, but the round animals are pretty cute.
Jul 5, 2019 1:56 PM

Jun 2012
When Momiji's mum just told him to run to his mother, I thought he was from a divorced family or something.

Hell no. It was much worse. The tears, I can't stop them.
Jul 5, 2019 1:58 PM

Jun 2014
Very good episode, very faithful to the manga, and thus better than in the old anime which removed stuff (although that one has better soundtrack).

We got a new opening and ending, like I thought we might, but I'm conflicted about them. I'm happy this time we get to see all zodiacs we will meet in this season (11), as opposed to the old opening and ending, but the old ones were better IMO. This opening is kinda too cheerful for me, plus the old one had better music and showing only the animal forms in the ending is of course not as nice as watching dreamy guys lying in the grass. :P

Jul 5, 2019 2:28 PM

Dec 2016
Orulyon said:

Same here.

The old version had better sync with the old OP "For Fruits Basket" and it's lyrics resonate harder with the message for both Momiji and Tohru, to hang in there and surpass the hardships, those will become a warm memory someday.

I personally like a lot more the last frames with Momiji crossing paths with his mon and his sister, while he's still smiling. It portrays his devotion to hold his feelings inside him and follows Tohru's philosphy to keep smiling, no matter what.

On my behalf, I appreciate the old version to cut out Momiji's mom stabbing herself with the scissors, I really didn't need the extra edge. I didn't like the mom's voice acting either when she was speaking with Hatori about erasing her memories, she sounds so edgy and overacted in the new adaptation. The old one she sounded broken down and frail, she feels more humanized, not an over the top anime character like the new adaptation does.

KimurahJul 5, 2019 2:34 PM
Jul 5, 2019 2:47 PM
Jul 2018
Omg my ship is sailing
Ahhhhhh T_T
Jul 5, 2019 3:11 PM

Jun 2014
starlightshine said:
I love Momiji so much, I buy his
AND
merch! (Spoilered because large images, please ignore the non-Furuba merch, I didn't have time to take pictures with just Furuba merch) thank you based anime gods for remaking Furuba so I can collect all the Momiji merch that I missed out on when I was younger
My fav charas are Kyou, Haru and Rin, but I collect merch of others too because Furuba is 1 of my Top 5 manga. I'm also very thankful for the remake/reboot, so I can collect more Furuba merch (especially since there was no Rin in the old anime, so no merch). For now, the only merch I have is Tooru, Yuki, Kyou from this set: https://myfigurecollection.net/entry/101292 and Momiji and Hatsuharu from this set: https://myfigurecollection.net/entry/110739 I also preordered the same 5 characters from this set: https://myfigurecollection.net/browse.v4.php?keywords=gyugyutto+keychain+fruits+basket Although I would love to buy all 13 zodiacs + Tooru, Akito, Hanajima and Uotani, I don't have enough money for all of them (I like too many anime/manga and collect merch from too many). Also, there is not merch from all characters yet. For example, Kagura appears rarely as a keychain although she's one of the 1st zodiacs we meet... And no Kisa, Hiro, Ritsu yet. I hope they make them later (and Rin and Kureno). And I would sooo much want figures! Old ones are too derpy looking, not to mention too fragile and too difficult to find and there's only Tooru, Yuki, Kyou, Shigure. I'd want all 17 characters I mentioned as small figures or at least my favorites as big figures. But I'd love to have figures as couples
, since I love pairing up my merch (romance freak). :D For now from new figures I see only Yuki and Kyou are announced, so if Tooru doesn't appear, I'll have to pair up Yuki and Kyou, although I don't ship them, but I hate having 1 of anything (OCD :P). That is, if I'll be able to afford them, why does it have to be ARTFX J, it's so damn expensive. I own 700+ figures and the most expensive figures I own is 1 G.E.M. that I bought for $50 and 1 Figma for $45, these are gonna cost like double each. T___T Why can't we get some quality big Prize figures. T___T Yeah, I know, because it's a shoujo anime, Akatsuki no Yona and Skip Beat have no figures, so I should stfu and be happy with what I get, but my poor wallet... T___T

SailorVekiJul 5, 2019 3:31 PM

Jul 5, 2019 3:15 PM

Sep 2017
producers obvliously thought it would be funny to pull on every single heart string i have and make me sob like a baby and it quite frankly,worked.
momijis past was so heart breaking,i cant even imagine how momiji would hold up with the constant reminder his mom doesnt even acknowledge his existence...
another great ep,i prefer the previous op and eds but the new visuals are really refreshing!

"those who aren't able to find a more miserable person than themselves turn to the internet and call others losers,even though they've never met"- Satou from nhk
Jul 5, 2019 3:28 PM

Apr 2015
This episode was very heavy on the heart. Momiji's past was heartbreaking. So sad :(

Tohru visiting her mum's grave with everyone she holds dear now. Kyo seemed really out of it for some reason, I wonder why. I also wonder what he's sorry for.
Jul 5, 2019 3:35 PM
Mar 2015
Momiji's story is still my favorite
So much foreshadowing with Yuki seeing that hat and Kyou afraid to face Kyouko and telling Torhu he is sorry
Nice motorcycle jacket
Jul 5, 2019 3:50 PM

Sep 2017
The new opening got to me lol. Momiji's backstory was just messed up. =(
Jul 5, 2019 4:10 PM

Dec 2018
OH THE FEELS...

OP is fluffy and ED is nice, with time they will grow on me more
Jul 5, 2019 4:27 PM

Nov 2015
Wasn't expecting to cry about Momiji since I knew it was coming, but oh man that really hurt the heart.

Nice to see the foreshadowing. And the Kyo moments too. The old anime cut those out.

I'm okay with the new OP, but I feel like it's kinda too upbeat. The next ones may be more somber. I really like the ending. Hard to beat the last song but I like the cute characters they gave the zodiacs.
Jul 5, 2019 4:56 PM

Sep 2017
Very emotional episode. I hadn't realized it's only just now been a year since Tohru's mom died. That gives me a different perspective of her character for sure. The ending was kinda confusing, but I'm pretty sure Kyo has some relationship with Tohru's mom.
Jul 5, 2019 6:11 PM

Oct 2008
The OST of this episode almost made me cry DAMN!
opps! Yuki might think that might be an attempted rape...i mean kiss..LOLZ!
New OP and ED! nice!
5/5.

Jul 5, 2019 6:22 PM

Feb 2014
ttcchen said:
The new ED is nice. The English part reminds me of ONE OK ROCK and MONKEY MAJIK. The OP, too, kinda fits the story better.

Momiji's story breaks my heart. His mom doesn't deserve his love and affection. A mother should love her child unconditionally. What kind of monster would call their own child a "monster"? "Creature"? She's the more "monster" one of this relationship.

I can't wait to see what Kyo's backstory is. There're also lots of foreshadowing in this episode. Love it.

Momiji in this pic looks like pikachu:

The ED was lit with those visuals like a folklore and the lyrics was good.

Momiji, although a kid, has the best head. He's admirable that he can take it all in and never break a tear.

I think Kyo's backstory is gonna be the wrecking sad than this one.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Jul 5, 2019 7:15 PM

Dec 2014
new op and momoji sad past story...am I to be happy or sad.....
Jul 5, 2019 7:43 PM

Oct 2015
It has been a long time since an anime episode got me emotional. Damn, Momiji's past and words got me awed skyhigh- sorry for what you went through little guy! I will remember this episode no matter what.

The second part was mysterious, I wonder what is Kyo sorry for? Fruit basket has gotten me super hyped on another level, this show is the best in everything- I love it!
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jul 5, 2019 7:50 PM

Oct 2010
no one told me Ai Otsuka was gonna do the 2nd opening!! Best surprise all year XD
Jul 5, 2019 7:53 PM

Jun 2015
Momoji's story was decent. It's not as sad as everyone is making it out to be.
Jul 5, 2019 9:39 PM

Apr 2018
Oh thank god they changed the opening! I seriously hated the original song! I don't know why but I just can't stand cheesy 80s power ballads, they make my blood boil. I literally had to skip the opening every time! This new opening is WAY better than the old one!
And as for the episode, yeah, it was good. Epic sad times and all. First half was depressing as fuck. Second half was not as depressing but the ending of the episode now has me anxious as fuck.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fruits Basket (2019) Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 19, 2019

167 by LucasDoragon »»
May 13, 4:15 AM

Poll: » Fruits Basket (2019) Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 12, 2019

184 by LucasDoragon »»
May 13, 3:42 AM

Poll: » Fruits Basket (2019) Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 17, 2019

233 by kiteall »»
May 12, 3:01 PM

Poll: » Fruits Basket (2019) Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 3, 2019

219 by kiteall »»
May 9, 10:01 PM

Poll: » Fruits Basket (2019) Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2019

192 by LuxuriousHeart »»
May 8, 8:54 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.