Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 6 7 [8]
Jun 19, 2021 8:48 PM

Mar 2014
How TF they just gonna end it without telling us what happened to Sonic
Aug 24, 2021 12:55 AM
Jun 2020
OPMs2 was pretty disappointing. Personally, I feel like the story was all throw at once and there wasn't much consistency. E.g Garou, the tournament, then the attack by the monsters. I feel like it was all over the place.
Sep 26, 2021 8:43 AM
May 2017
Gator said:

Imo this season is not quite as good as the first one, mostly due to a lack of Saitama screentime. Yes the animation is also not quite on par, but I still think it was very good, at least on the BD version. I really wanna see a 3rd season now and see where the whole thing with Garou goes, even though I'm not a big fan of him, reminds me of Bakugo from MHA a lot. 8/10

Eh, well... about Saitama.... he'll show up even less in the future. While he will still be massively changing the course of the story with his actions as always, and more is revealed about his character and philosophy, the vast majority of this arc in the future will not be centred around him, but the other heroes (and Garou, of course).

Hope you aren't too disappointed.
Nov 6, 2021 7:37 PM
Oct 2021
this season was kinda rushed,,,
why is it so common for students to go up to the school rooftops in animes-?
Jan 13, 2022 3:05 PM
Apr 2021
Animation was shit most of the time but last 3 ep's and Garou carried the series.
Mar 7, 2022 8:30 AM

Jan 2021
The animation was surprisingly not bad??? When this was still airing all I could hear was people bitching about the animation so I expected 7Ds level of terrible but it was pretty alright lol. Not as good as Madhouse obviously but definitely not as horrible as people made it out to be.

I'm pretty sure OPM's problems lie elsewhere. Nothing worse than a supposed parody show trying to take itself seriously and you can tell from the complaints too about it not having that much action because it was trying to focus on the characters lol. S1 had its serious moments but it was mostly self-aware. This season basically just became your typical shounen - literally what it was poking fun of. Although I kinda knew from S1 the joke was gonna get old quick so they tried to switch it up a bit this time but that just made it lost its appeal imo. At least the fights were entertaining I guess.
Jun 4, 2022 10:30 AM
Oct 2021
I'm a little late to this season cause to be honest I put it on hold for a while but i recently started watching it again and it wasn't as bad as I tought. Altough the animation wasn't the same as s1 it was still a solid season. Especially this ep it was great!
Aug 18, 2022 7:30 PM
Aug 2022
great anime super recommended
Aug 20, 2022 8:32 PM
Aug 2022
Cant wait for season 3, Sai tamas so cool
Aug 25, 2022 1:06 PM
Aug 2010
I was finally able to watch season 2. It's better than I thought it would be, but compared to season 1 it's worse obviously. The whole season felt like a prelude into the next chapter vs the Monster Academy and was more like the calm before the storm. The animation dropped quite a bit as well. The first half was really boring and felt kinda rushed the last 5 episodes or so was almost season 1 quality again imo and saved the show for me. Overall a 7,5/10. I really wish they finally add ,5 on mal like they did on mdl :3 It feels 7 is too low, but 8 somewhat too good of a score for this season. I hope season 3 will be great :>
Sep 28, 2022 2:07 PM
May 2021
why no saitama x villian fight tho.
Oct 4, 2022 10:29 AM
Mar 2022
A nice classic for beginner watchers
Dec 2, 2022 2:53 AM

Jan 2021
It was a real relief to see Saitama punch that centipede. But there's one thing I want to ask, Bang was there and saw that it was Saitama who killed the monster, while King sat with a frightened expression. I kinda forgot about him in season 1 but that means he should know about how strong Saitama is right? Will Saitama's ranking rise to A or even S after this?

I can't waittt for season 3!! I want to see a fight between Garou and Saitama

Dec 30, 2022 12:12 PM
Jun 2022
WAITING FOR SEASON 3
Jan 15, 2023 3:53 PM
Jan 2023
Did not like as much as the first season but understand that it is necessary to understand Garou.
Jan 22, 2023 4:44 AM
May 2015
slideshow fcking disgusting
Mar 9, 2023 7:07 PM
Apr 2022
great way to end the season. cant wait for s3
Mar 19, 2023 8:10 PM
Mar 2023
Although there wasn't much action the lack of it was replaced with humor and character development, along with lore development behind the mysterious figure God
Apr 18, 2023 5:59 AM
Apr 2023
Best anime ever made
Apr 30, 2023 12:07 PM
Apr 2021
first season had a better finaly
May 15, 2023 6:49 PM

Dec 2022
Spanish

NO TE LO PUEDO CREER! Saitama es demasiado geniaaaaaal!
Específicamente contra el cienpies gigante pensé que le tomaría más de un golpe derrotarlo pero Saitama es tan genial que lo hizo m13rd4 con tan solo un golpe.
Este anime fue demasiado épico, no puedo esperar a que salga la 3ra temporada!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

English Translation

I CAN NOT BELIEVE IT! Saitama is too cool!
Specifically against the giant centipede I thought it would take him more than one punch to defeat him but Saitama is so cool he made the 5h1t out of it with just one hit.
This anime was too epic, I can't wait for the 3rd season to come out!

(Sorry for my bad english. I'm using google translate since ''All posts in the main forum must be in English.'')
Jun 11, 2023 12:08 PM
Sep 2022
ok i like it
i love you
Jun 26, 2023 1:40 PM
Dec 2021
obra de arte bof x el culo
Jul 4, 2023 9:15 AM
Apr 2023
very cool and confers values
Aug 1, 2023 3:07 PM
Jun 2023
good and good and good
Sep 24, 2023 9:59 PM

Aug 2023
garou was epic in this ep and I hope to see him becoming stronger and be a challenge to saitama but first defeat genos.
Sep 24, 2023 9:59 PM

Aug 2023
garou was epic in this ep and I hope to see him becoming stronger and be a challenge to saitama but first defeat genos.
Oct 14, 2023 4:00 PM

Mar 2012
That was alright but yea this season definitely didn't hold a candle to the first. Animation, sound and story were all lacking in comparison. The CG was rough and I wasn't the biggest fan of Garou, who somehow managed to keep fighting after getting his ass beat nonstop lol. He's also got such a childish reason for hunting heroes.

It would've worked much better had we seen monsters that were actually trying to be friendly or just minding their business instead of trying to kill people and causing mayhem on a daily basis. How are we supposed to empathize with the guy just because he thinks monsters are cool and he got bullied by some brats playing pretend hero as a kid.
Oct 28, 2023 1:32 AM
Aug 2023
Dont know why ppl hating this season so much,the comedy this time was ok and the fights were mostly amazing(not as good as 1st season ofcource) just hope mappa releases the season soon overall 8.5/10
Oct 29, 2023 5:29 AM
Dec 2022
It was alright....
Nov 22, 2023 9:26 PM

Jul 2021
Overall a great way to end the season we had great genos moments along with everyone else. I loved king in the end and him provoking centichoro and Saitamas ending punch. I also loved genos asking what he lacks and kings reaction to what Saitama says. In the end the season was good and it was definitely overhated. I cant wait to see everyone in season 3.
7/10

Dec 10, 2023 3:34 AM

Nov 2023
Well this was fun anime ngl
Dec 22, 2023 10:15 PM
Dec 2023
Like the first season, very funny and entertaining, and the cliffhanger was great, waiting for the 3rd season.
Jan 2, 4:09 PM
Apr 2018
Welp, now we wait for Season 3 to someday be dropped. I hope it is better than this one. This season was nowhere near the level of entertainment of season 1, but the show is pretty fun regardless.
Feb 13, 5:09 PM
Apr 2016
im just updating my list but it was an amazing final fight i saw this season one of the best animation
Feb 21, 2:43 PM
Mar 2021
çok seviyorum bu animeyi ama bir sorun var 2. sezonda one punch main karakter oldukça az vardı yanı yan karakterler daha cok olayın içindeydi. ben keltoşumu seviyorum komık o yuzden onu istiyoeum...
Feb 29, 10:26 AM
Dec 2022
Gytanzo said:
A pretty okay conclusion to a pretty okay adaptation of a really good manga. A lot of this episode was action, so there isn't much to discuss, but there are still some pieces here and there I want to comment on before I close with my thoughts on this season for One Punch Man as a whole.

There wasn't any chance Garou would win in the first place. He would have had difficulty beating Genos in his condition, much less Bang or even Bomb. I always loved that single line that Bang speaks completely explaining why he feels such fury towards Garou. "Know the pain that my top pupil Charanko felt, Garou!" Garou has a genuinely interesting and relatable backstory. It isn't particularly surprising he turned out the way he did. I felt genuine sympathy for Garou when the teacher blamed Garou for the incident (even though that was the most plausible option for the teacher given the evidence provided). Elder Centipede is an awesome monster in that it just adds even more depth to One Punch Man's power scaling. The fact that Tatsumaki, Saitama, and Blast are likely the only people alive who stand a chance against Elder Centipede was always interesting to me. Bang and Bomb's combo attack was animated decently. Genos did his best given what he had available. Poor King was used as bait (I also seem to remember King shitting himself during this part of the manga, can't remember for sure though). Saitama does his thing. Roll credits.

One Punch Man's second season is what the first should have been. Before any of you get angry with me, I'm not defending the quality of this season. The first season of OPM approached levels of quality that were far ahead of stuff that is even coming out today in 2019. However, it was a fluke. The first season was a miracle created by an insanely talented team of animators filled with passion and love for a piece of work. The same cannot be said about this, which is a much more realistic adaptation. We may never get something as magical as the first season of One Punch Man, and that is just an unfortunate truth we will have to live with. However, it is because the bar was set so high the first season that I believe it is important to acknowledge that this show isn't terrible or even bad. I believe this show is pretty good, actually. It just had monstrous expectations to live up to, and those weren't expectations that J.C. Staff was capable of meeting. The story was just as good as the original (with a bit worse pacing). The characters were just as good as the original (except designs are a tad bit worse). The soundtrack was noticeably worse but still great. The biggest demerit does indeed lie within the animation. Was I ever expecting godlike animation? No. I knew as soon as I heard the news that J.C. Staff would be handling this project back in September or whenever that the animation would suffer big time. But it was because I had those reasonable expectations that I believe the animation in here to be good. Not terrible, not amazing, but good. I conclude this essay (sorry) by stating that this is, in the end, my opinion. If you believe this show to be a masterpiece or an atrocity, knock yourself out. I've read the manga and this anime did a fine job at adapting it. Nothing else really needs to be said. 7/10.

I would like to go on record and say I really hope that someone besides J.C. Staff produces the next season. I may actually cry if the next arc is given this treatment.

you can cry Now. ..
Feb 29, 10:26 AM
Dec 2022
Gytanzo said:
A pretty okay conclusion to a pretty okay adaptation of a really good manga. A lot of this episode was action, so there isn't much to discuss, but there are still some pieces here and there I want to comment on before I close with my thoughts on this season for One Punch Man as a whole.

There wasn't any chance Garou would win in the first place. He would have had difficulty beating Genos in his condition, much less Bang or even Bomb. I always loved that single line that Bang speaks completely explaining why he feels such fury towards Garou. "Know the pain that my top pupil Charanko felt, Garou!" Garou has a genuinely interesting and relatable backstory. It isn't particularly surprising he turned out the way he did. I felt genuine sympathy for Garou when the teacher blamed Garou for the incident (even though that was the most plausible option for the teacher given the evidence provided). Elder Centipede is an awesome monster in that it just adds even more depth to One Punch Man's power scaling. The fact that Tatsumaki, Saitama, and Blast are likely the only people alive who stand a chance against Elder Centipede was always interesting to me. Bang and Bomb's combo attack was animated decently. Genos did his best given what he had available. Poor King was used as bait (I also seem to remember King shitting himself during this part of the manga, can't remember for sure though). Saitama does his thing. Roll credits.

One Punch Man's second season is what the first should have been. Before any of you get angry with me, I'm not defending the quality of this season. The first season of OPM approached levels of quality that were far ahead of stuff that is even coming out today in 2019. However, it was a fluke. The first season was a miracle created by an insanely talented team of animators filled with passion and love for a piece of work. The same cannot be said about this, which is a much more realistic adaptation. We may never get something as magical as the first season of One Punch Man, and that is just an unfortunate truth we will have to live with. However, it is because the bar was set so high the first season that I believe it is important to acknowledge that this show isn't terrible or even bad. I believe this show is pretty good, actually. It just had monstrous expectations to live up to, and those weren't expectations that J.C. Staff was capable of meeting. The story was just as good as the original (with a bit worse pacing). The characters were just as good as the original (except designs are a tad bit worse). The soundtrack was noticeably worse but still great. The biggest demerit does indeed lie within the animation. Was I ever expecting godlike animation? No. I knew as soon as I heard the news that J.C. Staff would be handling this project back in September or whenever that the animation would suffer big time. But it was because I had those reasonable expectations that I believe the animation in here to be good. Not terrible, not amazing, but good. I conclude this essay (sorry) by stating that this is, in the end, my opinion. If you believe this show to be a masterpiece or an atrocity, knock yourself out. I've read the manga and this anime did a fine job at adapting it. Nothing else really needs to be said. 7/10.

I would like to go on record and say I really hope that someone besides J.C. Staff produces the next season. I may actually cry if the next arc is given this treatment.

you can cry Now. ..
Mar 23, 3:24 PM
Mar 2024
Epic Battle at the end
Apr 10, 2:30 PM
Sep 2022
Pretty good culmination of the subplots whilst still keeping the animes overall theme.
May 5, 2:48 PM
Apr 2017
best comedy anime
Pages (8) « First ... « 6 7 [8]

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2019

582 by FarCritical »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

xShinigami3125 - Jun 25, 2019

201 by tensemoment »»
May 5, 10:50 AM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

xShinigami3125 - May 7, 2019

244 by scorpioniclibra »»
Mar 14, 3:26 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

xShinigami3125 - Apr 23, 2019

367 by Dr_tardo »»
Feb 21, 6:24 PM

» Bro deadass nearly died

Mei-o_Scarlett - Jan 17

3 by Mei-o_Scarlett »»
Jan 17, 3:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.