Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 »
Jul 14, 2019 7:41 PM

Jul 2013
So we saw more about Garous childhood. I guess that's also a reason why his character developed in such a weird direction that he want to be a monster. Nonthenless I like him and the voice actor did a great job.

I always like to see Bang and Genos in action. Bangs brother also is crazy. Their combinded attack was crazy even if that giant centipede just flayed. It's so sad that always if Genos fights he ends up being unable to even move because he lost an arm or in this case his leg.

It looked so serious when King screamed at this centipede and his "King engine" began to beat. It's also always amazing how weak all of these monster are compared to Saitama.

Overall the season was better as expected. I thought J.C. would blunder it. The first season was just on a way to high level. What I wonder about, will there ever be another season? I guess there's material from the manga, but I can see how the "hype" after this season maybe has dropped. I also don't know how much better the quality would have been without J.C. having so much project at the same time.

I still enjoyed the season. So because I'm a little fanboyish, I will give it an 8/10.

Jul 17, 2019 8:47 AM
Jul 2019
I feel like I'm the only one who absolutely loved this season. It's a solid 9/10 or 9.5/10 from me. I'd say it's on par, if not better, than season 1. This is just my opinion.
Jul 18, 2019 9:04 PM
Dec 2015
Season 2 started bad then it fell off a cliff. Only 1 or 2 fights were animated and well paced enough that are worth watching. Everything else was rushed, rushed and rushed. If I knew it was gonna be so cheap and rushed I wouldn’t have bothered with it.
Jul 20, 2019 5:12 PM

Feb 2015
Honestly, due to the hate, I was expecting this season to be really bad but it wasn't as bad as I was expecting... maybe it would've been if I read the manga before watching this season but regardless...

The fights satisfied me, Garou is an interesting anti-villian, got to see less of the psychic sisters than I would've liked but hopefully they'll make it up with a season 3... if there's going to be one.
Jul 21, 2019 10:37 AM

Jun 2013
This was quite disappointing. Honestly, I don't give a damn about how well they adapted this or who changed in their staff because my main problem with this anime is the story itself. I sincerely cannot relate to Garou or his childish motive of beating up heroes because he was bullied for rooting for monsters. That's like stupidest shit I ever heard. It's like me beating up the ice cream man because I don't like ice cream but others did and they bullied me for not liking it in my childhood. It even felt like Garou was the main character this season.

This season actually made me hate Saitama. Like he was so useless apart from his one punch that he had little to no relevance this season. Like he literally didn't care about the whole monster association or the attacks unless he was the last option. On the plus side I kinda like King's character and even Genos to some extent.
Jul 22, 2019 5:16 AM

Mar 2015
Ok this wasn't that bad. Just really average. The biggest problem is that season 1 was so phenomenal an average season is gonna look like shit in comparison. No idea how well S2 sold but I doubt we're getting S3. Manga it is then.

Oh and as nasty as I think centipedes are, centichoro is the coolest monster don't @ me.
Jul 22, 2019 12:23 PM
Jul 2016
Mirai said:
Ok this wasn't that bad. Just really average. The biggest problem is that season 1 was so phenomenal an average season is gonna look like shit in comparison. No idea how well S2 sold but I doubt we're getting S3. Manga it is then.

Oh and as nasty as I think centipedes are, centichoro is the coolest monster don't @ me.

S2 Teased a third season in the end of the episode that might be made but it isn't confirmed if it'll be made or not yet
Jul 28, 2019 2:26 AM

Dec 2018
Seems Garou is able to adopt new fighting styles when he sees 1.

"King the strongest human alive." Based on this, Blast is either dead or not a human. Though, this is just a word from a bird monster lol.

Centichoro had some weird body there. I expected some bloods coming out after Saitama destroyed its body.

I'd say it's not a good enough of a reason if Garou like monsters just because he's always being on the side of minority. But I guess it's because he always get the role of a monster when he play with his schoolmate and eventually he's getting used to it.

Speaking of minority, guess I'm also a minority here, since I quite liked this season.
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Jul 29, 2019 7:22 AM

Apr 2014
Kish0 said:
"King the strongest human alive." Based on this, Blast is either dead or not a human. Though, this is just a word from a bird monster lol.

That's just what he's referred to because they think he has Saitama's strength. Bang/Silverfang is higher rank than King as well.
Jul 29, 2019 7:58 AM

Dec 2018
EpsilonX said:
Kish0 said:

That's just what he's referred to because they think he has Saitama's strength. Bang/Silverfang is higher rank than King as well.

So they think Saitama is stronger than Blast?

From my understanding, higher ranking doesn't necessarily means stronger, it's also based on their achievement.
Jul 29, 2019 8:42 AM

Apr 2014
Kish0 said:

Well, I don't think they just mean all-around combat ability. I think they mean just physical strength. Metal Knight and Tatsumaki both have excellent combat abilities, but they don't use their physical strength to fight.

From my understanding, higher ranking doesn't necessarily means stronger, it's also based on their achievement.

Yeah exactly. That's probably why Atomic Samurai and Bang are both ranked higher than King.
Jul 30, 2019 1:29 AM

Dec 2018
EpsilonX said:
Kish0 said:

Well, I don't think they just mean all-around combat ability. I think they mean just physical strength. Metal Knight and Tatsumaki both have excellent combat abilities, but they don't use their physical strength to fight.

So there's a possibility Blast had some ESP power, interesting...
Aug 3, 2019 4:38 PM
Oct 2018
Seriously ? This is the final episode of the second season ?
There is no conclusion. No end. Nothing is settled. Nothing is finished. No question is answered. How can this even be qualified as a "final episode" ?
What exactly was the point of doing all this stuff if in the end you don't even finished it ?
What a disappointment.
Aug 10, 2019 11:00 PM

Aug 2013
Wow. I heard it was terrible but it exceeded my expectations. They completely missed the entire point of the show and why it was actually popular.
1/10.
The closer you get to the light,the greater your shadow becomes.
Aug 12, 2019 3:37 AM
Mar 2018
Well, that wasn't as bad as everyone said. It just felt very short ad not much seemed to happen in those 12 episodes...
Aug 13, 2019 3:56 PM

Nov 2011
The humor was decent, and I probably actually got more out of it than what I recall getting from season 1. The plot wasn’t all that, but there were some interesting ideas in play with Garou.

Overall, and unsurprisingly, it still suffers from the main issue OPM does generally in that the stakes don’t seem to really matter at the end of it all since Saitama is so grossly overpowered. I would propose doubling-down on the humor to compensate and keep “genuine” developments to a minimum, but eh. OPM just isn’t quite my cup of tea I guess.

Still liked it better than the first season despite (ironically) losing the sakuga intensity that originally garnered it attention. Wouldn’t mind a season three either. For me, OPM epitomizes the sentiment “easy to like, hard to love”.
Aug 14, 2019 2:46 AM
May 2012
OPM S2 felt off and I'm not referring to the change in the animation/stylistic art. It felt less funny and at the same time, less character development. At some point, the plot felt dragged and then picks up all of a sudden only to have it end all too quickly. No, I'm not saying it ends too quickly because of Saitama and his one-hit wonder but everything that leads to that moment leaves a sour taste in my mouth. Maybe it's the combination of the story plot pacing and/or art.. I just don't know.

What I do know is having JCS do S2 put the last nail in the coffin for any chances at a third season. It's unfortunate, JCS does good work but this is sub-par even by their standards. Guess I'll just pick up where I left off in the novel.
Aug 14, 2019 5:51 PM

Apr 2016
I’m going to read the manga, I can't see OPM in this way.
Sep 5, 2019 2:52 PM

Nov 2018
8/10, it was a good watch.

Relatively to S1:

- Worse animation, direction and sound fx (its not too bad, just average)
+ I had a bit more laughs
+ I liked plot more (even tho its a bit rushed). I was surprised how i started to root for Garou. I also liked Suiryu and his development. King is interesting, as well as his interactions with Saitama.
= The same worldbuilding and tone which i enjoy. Tone is quite unique because its a mix of funny bullshit, epicness, bloody fights, touching on societal norms and stuff, how characters cope with their personalities, their life goals & struggles.
= Same good music, very appropriate, either full of drive or touching.

Looking forward for S3.
ThrundSep 6, 2019 6:56 AM
Sep 7, 2019 11:20 AM

Jul 2015
Smh two seasons in and we haven't seen any big threat yet, waiting so long for Saitama to fight, he only taps some small fry
Was quite prepared to be disappointed majorly by the animation seeing all the comments about it, but I must say it is pretty reasonable, not as good as first season but not really terrible either

Sep 14, 2019 12:01 PM

Sep 2011
Reapermask said:
Smh two seasons in and we haven't seen any big threat yet, waiting so long for Saitama to fight, he only taps some small fry
Was quite prepared to be disappointed majorly by the animation seeing all the comments about it, but I must say it is pretty reasonable, not as good as first season but not really terrible either

Its called One Punch Man. Prepared to be further disappointed if you continue watching the series. LOL
Sep 15, 2019 1:37 PM
Jul 2016
funkotaku said:
Reapermask said:

Its called One Punch Man. Prepared to be further disappointed if you continue watching the series. LOL

also the story is slow in S2 so yeah people will get disappointed because they didn't see what will come in the manga or they expected so much without doing some search on J.C.Staff's current circumstances and why they won't be able to do something like S1 but let's see what the BD will fix before judging this season so fast since there's ghosting and blurring in the tv version that make the rough or dry scenes look unfinished even more and that kinda make the experience lacking to some people so it's hard to judge it fairly
Sep 15, 2019 4:33 PM

May 2012
Not too shabby ending but the pacing from this season dropped quite fast down the middle I must say. Quite a shame actually, but still very nice to see this second season.

It was a bit of a shame that end battle as well wasn't as epic, so it felt a bit meh compared to the first.

Still a good watch nonetheless!
Sep 17, 2019 4:06 AM
Aug 2019
Compared to season 1, 2 marks down because the animation degraded. Another one because the ending of the season wasn't an ending; I found out the following Tuesday that episode 13 didn't exist. 1 more because it wasn't as good overall.
Gets one extra mark because Garou is the true protagonist this time around; him taking on the A heroes and Genos was the best part of this season; not that I don't like Saitama, it's just nice to have a change. 6/10, Garou saves the show.
Nov 10, 2019 11:15 AM

Mar 2012
Disappointing compared to the first for sure but think alot of people are over reacting to the quality drop off.

Kinda interesting how to me this is a bit underrated and Mob Psycho 2 was overrated.

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"
Nov 12, 2019 9:00 AM
Jul 2016
Venom900 said:
Disappointing compared to the first for sure but think alot of people are over reacting to the quality drop off.

Kinda interesting how to me this is a bit underrated and Mob Psycho 2 was overrated.

it was expected since this arc wasn't even finished in the manga and ONE was focusing on Mob more at this time until it ended.
Nov 12, 2019 11:16 AM
Jul 2016

gold :3
GoldenDevilGamer said:
So this Frankenstein's monster of an anime is finally over. I say Frankenstein's monster cause the quality is just so inconsistent and the anime just feels so forcefully stiched up and composed, all thanks to J.C. Staff's horrible scheduling and state.

The content this season adapted is my favorite chunk of OPM. Had it been well-adapted, it would've been 10/10 material for me. And there are times when the anime is able to capture the impact and spirit of the manga. But it's just too far and in-between for me to truly appreciate it. Honestly, I find the animation to be quite okay. There's definitely some bad cuts and literally no cuts, but there's times when it's really damn good. And honestly, from an animation standpoint, I can't say I was too disappointed, It's no S1, but it's not bad either. It's pretty much average for most parts, and above average, or even very good for the moments that matters. Shoutout to Aoki for doing a fantastic cut in almost every episode. Despite denying it, he must've been overworked. Imagine if he had a better schedule to work with and less cuts to be depended on for. He's being wasted by being at J.C. Staff. Same for those webgen animators; they're work in episode 8 was good, but it clearly looks unfinished. J.C. Staff's work has been quite good considering their schedule.

But my real issue is the directing. Not that it's always bad, but when it is, it's really, really bad. The flow from scene-to-scene is lacking and overall makes it seem like as if this series is rushing when it really isn't. It's just not put well together. Some shot angles are pretty lacking, and it's not even to hide the lack of animation or anything. Sometimes it doesn't even do justice to the animation effort in. Speaking of not giving justice to its animation, that blur effect used to bypass the TV seizure regulation really kills their effort. They should've just dimmed the brightness like S1. Watching the blu-ray release of this season seems like a mandatory thing now. And some directorial choices with the coloring, like the tanned look of some characters and that metal gradient... really? It's not even a effort saving decision. The director actually thought that it would look good. Like, wow. Also, dem sound effects are meme-worthy at times. At times, it's hype like JoJo. At times, it's laughable like Berserk 2016. As expected from the sound director.

The content in this season is OPM at its best. Saitama can only serve as a punchline for so long until it gets boring, so this season dedicates itself to develop and expand on the Hero Association and the differences between heroes and monsters. And it's most critical choice as to literally chance it's main character from an OP hero (parody of a shounen MC) to a in-training villain (shounen MC characteristics given to a villain). In a way, OPM still manages to parody the tropes by giving them to the villain instead. OPM's whole goal is to be fun. In S1, it does it be using the OP gag and S2 creates fun out of the absurtity of the heroes' design and abilities and Garou's antics. And Garou's just super endearing. He's blood-thirsty against heroes, but kind to anyone else. And he's represents a grey part in-between this whole hero and monsters thing. And his seiyuu is perfection. He was my second choice for Garou, and he nailed the character.

Overall, I guess this season is still a 7/10 for me, which is good, but considering its content, it should've been much higher. Prior to this season starting, I was expecting much, much worse. If you've seen J.C. Staff's projects after Taboo Tattoo, you'd confuse their works for a powerpoint presentation. It would've been a 6, but these last two episodes really pushed it up. Wasn't expecting that at all since most anime productions get worse as it goes on. As haphazardly put together their schedule was, at least they times it right, knowing which episodes to prioritize and whatnot. I was totally expecting episode 3 being their all-out episode, then them losing steam for the rest of the run, but they did great with episode 11 and even this episode was quite good. And they even called in a lot of talented webgen animators for episode 8 and 11. Now, if only they had more time..

Tabbo Tattoo was having some good action at least with some good pre production lmao
the story and pace might be bad but still
also OPM S2 pre production was bad for a reason too...if the first 2 episodes were good , the 3 and 4th episodes were could be the lackluster episodes.
also some animators from taboo tattoo worked on episode 3 and 4 for the record.
Dec 17, 2019 8:46 AM

Jun 2012
So the show doesn't really end on anything, it just kind of... stops. Woohoo.

I won't say I don't enjoy this season and don't think it's overhated because I definitely do. But it's for sure not as good as the first season and had too many dumb fights that didn't matter. At least the comedy was done well still and I think the monster association setup was also done well. And I liked Garo and his story too, hopefully I see more of him later as well. But that's kind of my main problem with this season; it's all set up and nothing really happens. Besides Garo and the Monster Association build up later in the season, it's all just kind of pointless.

Jan 11, 2020 9:28 PM

Mar 2014
Ok that didn't feel at all like a season finale but at least Saitama showed up for like 2 minutes
Jan 12, 2020 7:32 PM

Jun 2009
god i hate how secretive saitama is. king is basically mr. satan and saitama is goku, but it somehow pisses me off more.
Feb 3, 2020 8:01 AM
Apr 2014
Garou = Sasuke !? At least I get some flashbacks, not sure if that's good or bad :D
Feb 15, 2020 2:19 PM

Mar 2017
Having read so many bad things about this season, my expectations where so incredibly low that I ended up really enjoying it. The ending was as predictable as expected, I mean it is called One Punch Man after all. lol. It was still a fun ride nontheless.
Mar 2, 2020 1:47 PM

Nov 2007
Tyestor said:
god i hate how secretive saitama is. king is basically mr. satan and saitama is goku, but it somehow pisses me off more.

Yes the situation is similar. But King does not take much pride in being the so called greatest hero of them all. He does not have control over his power to summon Saitama to one punch everyone. I used to be irritated by Mr. Satan taking all credit, but the King-Saitama relation is great, though it had way more potential.

As for these last two episodes, the were totally awesome. If the whole second season was like this, with comedic relief in between it could've been as good as season one...
Apr 8, 2020 7:37 PM

Jan 2014
I-Jitsu said:
This was quite disappointing. Honestly, I don't give a damn about how well they adapted this or who changed in their staff because my main problem with this anime is the story itself. I sincerely cannot relate to Garou or his childish motive of beating up heroes because he was bullied for rooting for monsters. That's like stupidest shit I ever heard. It's like me beating up the ice cream man because I don't like ice cream but others did and they bullied me for not liking it in my childhood. It even felt like Garou was the main character this season.

This season actually made me hate Saitama. Like he was so useless apart from his one punch that he had little to no relevance this season. Like he literally didn't care about the whole monster association or the attacks unless he was the last option. On the plus side I kinda like King's character and even Genos to some extent.
i agree with everything here. don't understand garou as a character, so i thought the first half of the anime actually had better writing than the second.

wouldn't go so far as to say i hate saitama, but it feels kind of ridiculous that things would get so bad before he notices. he just comes off assholey a lot, im glad king called him out a couple episodes back

overall... this could've been an 8/10 in the beginning when it was going well, but garou's motivation makes zero sense. to boot, the ending was not an ending. so im thinking 6/10, but maybe i'll feel generous and bump it up a point later
Apr 13, 2020 1:38 PM
Apr 2020
I really enjoyed Saitama's last punch, I would have liked to get more of those thrills through out the season, but oh well... first season was definetly better, especially in terms of animation. Still looking forward to see how this story ends! And hopefully more awesome battles :D
Apr 17, 2020 10:23 PM

Jan 2013
Now this was what I was waiting for, this episode felt like the original OPM, or at least close as it could've been.
Genos' fight was absolutely great, so was the punch Bang and his brother did.
Saitama's punch felt satisfying as hell.

Now as for the season ...

Sound direction was horrible ... the same sounds over and over for all kinds of different scenes like the distorted sound when something gets punched real hard or the M4A4 sound last episode that was used for the pistols but also for the impact of the crow beaks in episode 8 and some other stuff ...
I honestly have no idea who thought the sound direction was acceptable.

The animation, well we've heard enough about that but I do have to say that it actually looks quite decent in the BD releases, without the dimming and ghosting.
And especially the last 2 episodes were a blast to behold.

The story was fine honestly, Garou's story was interesting and I loved the character.

This season definitely didn't live up to the amazing work Season 1 delivered but it's not nearly as bad as some people make it out to be.

Now I would give it a 9/10 but I just cant accept the atrocious sound direction and losing the animation we got to know in Season 1.
Therefore, 8/10 ... I still enjoyed the season despite all that ^^
May 25, 2020 12:28 AM
Mar 2020
geteigetei said:
Did they just fucking re-use the punch animation from the first season's opening for the centipede punch? LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atxYe-nOa9w

Look at 1:16, the pose, they actually did it WOW

nah they did not the guy who animated the punch in s1 was the same who animated that punch in s2 you can check it on sakugabooru if u dont believe me
Jun 3, 2020 8:34 AM
Sep 2019
the studio did a good job on thoses 2 last episodes, i enjoyed it, the animation was so good, if only did did that with the previous epi
Jun 24, 2020 3:57 AM
Nov 2013
They should have straightened out the centipede more before the punch, but whatever.

The only other thing I wish they did was swap out Genos's Doctor memory about being reckless with Saitama's "If the heroes run away, who's left to help?" (From discussing threat levels in season 1 episode 7)
Jul 24, 2020 8:58 AM

Apr 2009
Elder Centipede was the boss monster to beat this season? Come on, I'd rather have Boros from 1st Season anytime. Ah whatever.

I'm not expecting anything of this season I think this was still good but somehow just OK compared to the first. 7/10
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Sep 7, 2020 9:02 PM

Jul 2015
ITT: Some people hoping for JC to shut down and declare bankruptcy because of a shit season, not knowing that both studios had their hands full with scheduling problems and JC's massive pressure from an unrealistic expectation inherited from the first season. I ain't gonna wish for some poor underpaid animators to lose their jobs, so try not being assholes guys. It's just an anime, try not to get edgy.

For anyone who finished watching season 1 and somehow found yourself in this thread before watching season 2, I advise you to watch another unrelated anime that is worse than this. Maybe Fate/Apocrypha, or a forgotten one-off one-cour show from the mid-2000s, or heck even the last season of Seven Deadly Sins if you're a masochist. Then watch OPM season 2. You'll find that OPM2 is no less than an average anime, and the mediocre content it was trying to adapt from the manga didn't help, either. It could only do so much.

IMO I think the acceptable ratings for this season is 4 to 7 out of 10. Anything less and you're just being edgy. Season 1 was one of the best animated shows of the last decade, that people forget to clean their palate before season 2. My condolences goes out to JC Staff lol
Sep 22, 2020 3:41 PM

Aug 2012
It's not terrible but the downgrade in production values are unfortunately too tremendous to overlook. I will give JC Studio credit because at the end it did seem they were putting more effort in, there were some pretty good cuts, especially during Genos vs. Garou but their best couldn't match up to the standard of season one. And whenever they did close-up actions shots, with big speed lines on the top and bottom and what seemed like a glare effect of sorts, oh boy those were so bad and so frequent. They made me want to turn away from the screen and look elsewhere. I know they did their best and there were good to great moments of animation but I really hope we don't get the same staff back for Season 3. I hope we get Natsume Shingo back in the directors chair next season.

The animation wasn't the only downgrade, direction felt off at points. Scenes like Saitama telling King "why don't you just get strong" had a lot of impact in the manga for me, but not so much here. And the OST, it's not bad mind you, but I couldn't help but felt it was really lacking. I didn't really pick up anything new, different renditions of familiar melodies was the best I noticed, which is good, I think having leitmotifs is a good idea, but when all that stood out in the OST was songs from season one, it doesn't really this season. The only time the OST stood out was when it used a rendition of Saitama's theme, the first season had Saitama's theme and then plenty of other top tier scores to that helped elevate it.

Having read the manga and parts of the web-comic, I already know how this Garou/Monster Association thing is going to play out so the story this time around wasn't really bad for me, but I feel really bad for those anime-only. This does not really leave off on a good place. One of the best things about season one is that it kind of felt complete. Like yeah there was room for more story but the Boros story arc ended on a grand note befitting the series, this season ends as it was arguably just getting good.

But that's not to say this was all bad of course, this season had Garou, and that's one improvement at least. I think Garou's the best character in all of One Punch Man, and I thought that by the point of the story we've already. I just think he's got the most depth to him, his ideology is simple but interesting, the running gag of Saitama kicking his ass without knowing it is hilarious, and I really like how despite being the villain so-to-speak, he's framed as the protagonist. Like how during the encounters he's the one who's headspace we're giving insight too, how he has the almost shonen protagonist never give up attitude, were he's constantly overcoming the odds in the last two episodes, like the backstory we're given interspersed throughout.

He's not the only good thing, the base content still has a lot of entertaining moments. King is a lot of fun, I think Suiryu's arc is well done, Fubuki's best girl, Sonic cooking the monster cell, etc. Again, though, the manga really is where it's at with One Punch Man, Murata's art-work is godly, and a lot of certain individual moments like the aforementioned King moment (or several of Suiryu's moments [though the anime handled those fairly well).
Sep 28, 2020 6:46 AM
Jul 2016
Terrestrious said:
It's not terrible but the downgrade in production values are unfortunately too tremendous to overlook. I will give JC Studio credit because at the end it did seem they were putting more effort in, there were some pretty good cuts, especially during Genos vs. Garou but their best couldn't match up to the standard of season one. And whenever they did close-up actions shots, with big speed lines on the top and bottom and what seemed like a glare effect of sorts, oh boy those were so bad and so frequent. They made me want to turn away from the screen and look elsewhere. I know they did their best and there were good to great moments of animation but I really hope we don't get the same staff back for Season 3. I hope we get Natsume Shingo back in the directors chair next season.

The animation wasn't the only downgrade, direction felt off at points. Scenes like Saitama telling King "why don't you just get strong" had a lot of impact in the manga for me, but not so much here. And the OST, it's not bad mind you, but I couldn't help but felt it was really lacking. I didn't really pick up anything new, different renditions of familiar melodies was the best I noticed, which is good, I think having leitmotifs is a good idea, but when all that stood out in the OST was songs from season one, it doesn't really this season. The only time the OST stood out was when it used a rendition of Saitama's theme, the first season had Saitama's theme and then plenty of other top tier scores to that helped elevate it.

Having read the manga and parts of the web-comic, I already know how this Garou/Monster Association thing is going to play out so the story this time around wasn't really bad for me, but I feel really bad for those anime-only. This does not really leave off on a good place. One of the best things about season one is that it kind of felt complete. Like yeah there was room for more story but the Boros story arc ended on a grand note befitting the series, this season ends as it was arguably just getting good.

But that's not to say this was all bad of course, this season had Garou, and that's one improvement at least. I think Garou's the best character in all of One Punch Man, and I thought that by the point of the story we've already. I just think he's got the most depth to him, his ideology is simple but interesting, the running gag of Saitama kicking his ass without knowing it is hilarious, and I really like how despite being the villain so-to-speak, he's framed as the protagonist. Like how during the encounters he's the one who's headspace we're giving insight too, how he has the almost shonen protagonist never give up attitude, were he's constantly overcoming the odds in the last two episodes, like the backstory we're given interspersed throughout.

He's not the only good thing, the base content still has a lot of entertaining moments. King is a lot of fun, I think Suiryu's arc is well done, Fubuki's best girl, Sonic cooking the monster cell, etc. Again, though, the manga really is where it's at with One Punch Man, Murata's art-work is godly, and a lot of certain individual moments like the aforementioned King moment (or several of Suiryu's moments [though the anime handled those fairly well).

Terrestrious said:

>glare effect of sorts

it's a ghosting and blurring from TV Tokyo example

https://i.imgur.com/rosRVAx.mp4

the BDs will remove them just like what happened with the first 4 episodes.

also it ended in the middle of the story so ofc you won't feel that it's a complete experience just like Season 1 were since S1 was having an arc that fits for those 12 episodes while the garou seems it'll need more than that...
todd2580Oct 2, 2020 12:02 PM
Oct 1, 2020 9:34 PM

Aug 2012
todd2580 said:

>glare effect of sorts

it's a ghosting and blurring from TV Tokyo example

https://i.imgur.com/rosRVAx.mp4

the BDs will remove them just like what happened with the first 4 episodes.

also it ended in the middle of the story so ofc you won't feel that it's a complete experience just like Season 1 were since S1 was having an air that fits for those 12 episodes while the garou seems it'll need more than that...

Oh okay, thanks for the information. Glad that those who get the Blue Rays will not have to deal with that, nice to know that it wasn't particularly on J.C. Staff either. I guess if I recommend those to watch it, it'll definitely be to try and watch that version of it.

Oh yeah, I totally understand that's not entirely fair, again I have read the manga so I knew going in it wasn't going to be complete. Hell, the manga hasn't wrapped up Garou's story yet, only the webcomic has. But while I understand that, it doesn't change the fact that the first season of One Punch Man does have that advantage over it. I wasn't really complaining on a personal note about that btw, I was moreso just noting it sucks for anime only viewers who unlike season one, now have to wait who knows how long to get the continuation of this story arc. The one thing I do think is a downer is that it does end right as the story is really starting to pick up, cause the last two episodes of these season were definitely the strongest in I think all categories (like I mentioned, Genos vs. Garou had some great cuts).
Oct 27, 2020 6:59 PM

Nov 2010
What the F is up with people giving this anime low scores? I mean the one animated by Madhouse is always gonna be superior, but the animation here was great as well especially the fight scenes. I enjoyed every single fight in this season. Anyway, I can't wait for season 3. Easily 9/10
Jan 4, 2021 9:35 AM

Feb 2019
8/10.

I prefered this over the first season, easy. Garou is such an awesome bad guy and his fight scenes were really cool.

I honestly reckon this could have been an easy 9 or 10 if they didn't drag out the whole martial arts tournament and instead of having another monster invasion just focused on Garou.

Sorry, but it's just so boring watching these super-powered monsters wreaking havoc. Theres just no excitement or fun. At least Garou brought something new to the table.
I am not a weeb, I simply enjoy 2D girls
Feb 3, 2021 10:58 AM

Oct 2020
Garou's past was quite sad. The guy was pushed to be the monster. That is what hit his mind. I hope he survives and doesn't eat that horrible cell. He is the one of the negative character after Sonic whom I liked.

The end was as expected. Saitama kills the monster. However expected some more. Maybe it is for season 3. Have to wait for a long time. King was cool there. And Saitama's entry was just amazing. Or I should say heroic.

So Saitama proved it then that he is stronger than Blast as Blast was just able almost defeat the monster where our Caped Baldy just perished him. Hope the better in the next season.
Mar 15, 2021 5:13 PM
Mar 2021
I recommend giving this season a mature view, see this season with patiance. Because this season is only here to prepare you to the next which will proably take many years to make. But I belive this one was not to impress you like season 1. It was made to build up!
Apr 27, 2021 3:04 AM

Apr 2013
So in the end Saitama had to step in to defeat the elder centipede, but since that was apparently one of the strongest monsters that is to be expected. I hope this time he'll at least get credit for that, but it'll probably end up being King getting more reputation lol

Imo this season is not quite as good as the first one, mostly due to a lack of Saitama screentime. Yes the animation is also not quite on par, but I still think it was very good, at least on the BD version. I really wanna see a 3rd season now and see where the whole thing with Garou goes, even though I'm not a big fan of him, reminds me of Bakugo from MHA a lot. 8/10
Jun 19, 2021 8:48 PM

Mar 2014
How TF they just gonna end it without telling us what happened to Sonic
Pages (8) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

xShinigami3125 - Jun 25, 2019

202 by FarCritical »»
May 17, 12:13 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2019

201 by FarCritical »»
May 17, 11:27 AM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 11, 2019

187 by FarCritical »»
May 15, 11:30 AM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 28, 2019

236 by FarCritical »»
May 15, 10:22 AM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 21, 2019

235 by FarCritical »»
May 14, 11:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.