Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jun 28, 2019 6:33 AM

Jan 2016
Just finished binge-watching this anime. The last 2 episodes gave me a confused pikachu face, but the whole series has been very comfy and nice.
Getting personal here, but I've been working towards something very hard and this series is a great way to tell myself to just slow tf down. An exceptional 10/10 for this anime, I will love to have season 2.
Jun 28, 2019 9:20 AM
May 2019
i see a new chara at last ed, 2nd season preapred?
Jun 28, 2019 9:38 AM

Apr 2018
They portrayed the scene in the manga pretty well. Felt warm and cozy. Watching the Sakura with Senko is best time. Too bad we won't see anymore a Super Senko-San Time anytime soon
Jun 28, 2019 11:16 AM

Dec 2014
I hope they stay together...they have such a pure relationship
Jun 28, 2019 11:44 PM

Mar 2009
Going to be awkward if Nakano ever gets a girlfriend, considering their close relationship. I feel like Kouenji would be the only one understanding of their relationship, but there doesn't seem to be any attraction between the two of them. I guess Nakano could live on just with Senko for the rest of life, in a purely platonic relationship. Soul mates, so to speak.

Anyway, decent show. There were undertones, sure, but at least it remained quite wholesome.
Depressing show, if you really think about. The Japanese salaryman life seems like a lonely one.
Jun 29, 2019 11:00 AM

Sep 2017
This wasn't bad, but it was missing that magic that something like dragon maid had. Often times I found myself getting somewhat distracted, which I don't think has even happened in a SoL before. Just watching a dude get pampered didn't have that wholesome charm most of the time. Maybe if I was some Japanese dude working a miserable office job I could relate. There were some nice moments like a few eps ago when Senko told Nanako it's okay to cry or whatever and he kinda broke down and let Senko comfort him.

I also have to point of the conflict this finale was pretty much nonexistent. Basically Senko went on her own vacation, Nanako jumped to conclusions, and balloon tits fox was like "hey humans die when their old. You still wanna live with him?" ... yes, in fact I do.
Jun 29, 2019 12:01 PM

Apr 2019
ProofByColor said:
missing that magic that something like dragon maid had. (...) Just watching a dude get pampered didn't have that wholesome charm most of the time. (...) I also have to point of the conflict this finale was pretty much nonexistent.
Full ack. Dragon Maid has more developing characters, i.e. both the supernatural being and the human part change each other. Even supporting characters such as Fafnir have a development. In Senko-san, nobody develops. The story is episiodic and about intimacy, like bare foot massage, haircutting, bathing etc. That's pretty much it, the intro and final in Senko-san are random and flat as a lake on a sunny day. Whereas in K'sDM it's more about Kobayashi unraveling her emotions, while Touro mellows, and both learn about responsibility for their "child". That's a lot of development.

As for the final, I personally decided to ignore episode 12 and consider 11 the final, because that was an exceptionally good one. Melancholic tone, really good direction. The "real" final was Disney level fan service.

And don't get me wrong, I liked both series. It's just that DM is another league of storytelling.

Jun 29, 2019 12:50 PM

Feb 2015
Sad that it's over, but happy it got a good ending.
Jun 29, 2019 10:40 PM
Oct 2017
The sweetest anime of the season is finally over.

I really enjoyed this show, both the story and the characters and the way to transmit inner peace.

I think everyone has the freedom to express their opinion and give the anime the score they want, but I personally disagree with some proletarian scholars who described this anime as the worst of all time. I think they were wrong if they expected deep drama or ultra existential things in this anime, because it is only about the day-to-day life of a worker who feels very stressed and the fox girl who will try to help him.
Obviously not everything is pink and there are several things in this anime that could have been done better, but without a doubt it is an extremely enjoyable show. Excellent to pass the time and appease the waters.

My score is quite subjective, since as I mentioned before, some things could have been improved but still I give it 9/10 because I enjoyed it a lot.

Jun 29, 2019 11:03 PM

Aug 2017
benjackson2687 said:
Nurguburu said:
I tried to like this. I really, really did but the show bored me to death. Anyway, the disgusting lolicon-furry tone, especially the bath scene from episode 5, makes me uncomfortable rather than being relaxed. I think it would've been better to be a 12 minute show. 1/10 for the anime.

If you hated it so much, why watch the show. Seems like you were wasting your time .

1) I have the "no drop rule".

2) I have a lot of free time.

3) Who cares?
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jun 30, 2019 8:07 PM

Feb 2014
The darkness keep increasing... is it because he is ill or because people will eventually pass out when they get old?

Anyway, it was a good slice of life.
I'm glad it didnt become very dramatic at the end (though the manga is still publishing).

7/10 (if possible would give 7.5)
Jul 3, 2019 4:15 AM

Sep 2012
Vi- said:
The darkness keep increasing... is it because he is ill or because people will eventually pass out when they get old?

Anyway, it was a good slice of life.
I'm glad it didnt become very dramatic at the end (though the manga is still publishing).

7/10 (if possible would give 7.5)

i think its cause he accsepts this shitty life styel, over working and stuff

dam i w8 him to confess to her near end before the other 2came

Jul 3, 2019 8:13 AM
Jan 2019
And we come to the end of this beautiful, funny and charming story. It was the anime that purified my heart and soul this season 😁.

The truth is that if Senko said goodbye to Nakano forever, I was going to cry 😭. But luckily, Sora understood Senko's feelings, and she was able to return with Nakano.
The scenes in the cherry tree park were really beautiful: '). * tears of happiness *

I will miss this anime a lot, it became one of my favorites of the spring season and I took great care of it 😁. Hopefully they do a second season, as they showed us another demigod in the final part of episode xD."Do not tell me I'll never see you again!"

PS: Did anyone else think that Senko and Sora would have an epic battle? 😅

Score: 7/10
Jul 3, 2019 1:21 PM
Jun 2019
Didn't think that the show was extraordinary, but I enjoyed it.

Score 7/10
Jul 4, 2019 9:44 PM

Feb 2019
idk what I'm gonna do with my life now. Senko San ending, KNY ending, Promised neverland ending, SNK ending, luckily I just got into Arifureta so that should cheer me up
Jul 5, 2019 4:34 AM
Jan 2016
Over all i thought it was good, not great but good. I do wish there was more romance though. Im not a fan of animes like this when theres no romance
Jul 8, 2019 12:38 AM

Sep 2008
It was nice watching an episode every week. Good relaxing anime.

Also, the last episode of that Inari Shoujo Yoko-chan was cool.
Jul 9, 2019 6:57 AM
Mar 2017
I'm just thankful for Doga Kobo for giving us wholesome and entertaining Anime every season.

8/10
Jul 10, 2019 7:23 PM
Jan 2017
I feel that was beautiful a real feel good anime. It was alot like Kobayashi's dragon Mai, not quite as good but close enough ^^
Jul 11, 2019 7:43 PM

May 2019
new character appeared for like 5 seconds, reminds me of last kaguya-sama episode where the same thing happened
Living for the day i see animes of:

-Under Night In-Birth
-Atelier Arland and Mysterious series
Love Live! Perfect Dream Project (WE GOT THIS ONE :D)
Jul 12, 2019 6:12 PM

Jun 2015
very wholesome, very relaxing. makes me wish i had an 800 year old loli foxgirl to take care of me.
Jul 14, 2019 9:01 PM
Sep 2018
this anime is beyond the comparison best anime of 2019 and Reincarnated as Slime also the best of 2018 - 2019
Jul 20, 2019 7:50 AM

May 2009
I'll keep that anime at hand's reach for times when I get overworked because it's simply so relaxing to watch it....
[url=https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Blutsauger&sclick=1]
Jul 21, 2019 5:12 AM

Jul 2015
Nice happy and wholesome end

Gonna miss the fluffy fluffy time with the tails

Jul 21, 2019 2:04 PM

Jan 2017
Well, that certainly existed.

Not gonna lie, I would have immediately upgraded this show to a 9 if the final message was "Senko's not coming back, you'll never have a fox waifu, your life sucks and nobody loves you."

As is... well, it's fine I guess.
Jul 23, 2019 9:21 AM

Apr 2011
The series was nice. It has that wholesome, relaxing feel to it but fairly low. Its still calming though.

Sadly, the copy of the last episode I have was cut too short at the end. I need to find the complete version.

But Honestly, Nakano should quit that damn toxic job.

7/10
Jul 23, 2019 3:49 PM

Feb 2019
0/10 they didn't kiss
I am not a weeb, I simply enjoy 2D girls
Jul 24, 2019 12:00 AM

Oct 2008
I enjoyed the relaxing atmosphere, not thinking about problems might make it easier for a short time, which is an ok thing to do. That said, the fact that MCs entire happiness depended on his fox guest and he made no effort to change his situation for over a year that she was there was very depressing to watch.

The guy continued to slave away for his corporate overlords and pathetic excuse of coworkers-- from early morning to late evenings, even skipping out on his paid time off. No time for hobbies. No time for friends. What a depressing story if you take a step back and consider what was really happening.
Aug 18, 2019 4:03 PM
Feb 2009
what a wholesome series love Senko san
Sep 8, 2019 11:59 PM
Oct 2017
Too bad he didn't throw himself off a bridge or something. He's the cause of his own misery because he's a pushover.
Sep 18, 2019 9:10 PM

Apr 2012
The foreshadowing throughout the series then the eventual 2 episode finale was only for tension purposes. I wasn't expecting much that would would shock us in terms of story telling. It's a slice of life anime so a bit of a 'dilemma' was good to shake things up. Overall it gave me a satisfying feeling 9/10
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Sep 23, 2019 5:44 AM
Jul 2018
"Things would eventually end", this is true for everyone. The anime ended too. I had fun watching this, I give this anime 9/10.

I am reading the manga, I hope there will be a season 2.
Oct 10, 2019 12:56 PM
Jul 2019
I thought it was a bad ending then i watched to the end. And i felt like i was got trolled xD #goodending
Nov 2, 2019 3:24 AM

Mar 2019
Felt very sad in the en but she finally came back
That anime was beautiful, it was really healing to watch
8/10
Nov 13, 2019 1:14 PM

Apr 2014
i really enjoyed this series, very cute and relaxing

though gotta say the only thing i did hate about this series was the people he worked with especially the brown haired guy.... ( god he was annoying..) other than that love this series

would love a season 2 to happen to see more of thier lives together and to see what new characters will show up as well saw at least 1 new character in the end

but yeah great watch would really love a season 2
"one step at a time"
Jan 25, 2020 6:38 AM
Jan 2020
ÓTIMO ANIME MAIS COMO SE DIZ TUDO ACABA UM DIA E CHEGOU A HORA DESSE ANIME😭
Feb 9, 2020 7:52 PM

Mar 2016
Fine, but all pay-off and no buildup. Dude is literally just tired dude who works but we barely see him working. With these full-length episodes you'd think we'd see a little bit of his actual working life, since that's the cause of his stress. Come one, at least gimme three minutes of workplace banter per episode, something to give some context. How can a world devoid of other people wear this guy down so much? lol. There needs to be something outside to make the domestic scenes mean something in my opinion. This guy has no future either, like it's gonna just be him working to death with Senko hanging around. That's depressing.

And not judging but how can people call this wholesome? Between all of the sexual innuendo (like them reaching simultaneous orgasm while he strokes her tail in the first ep) and his obvious mother complex; this can't simply exist to warm the soul. What's being 'pent up' is more than just stress. I mean the big takeaway from all of this is that he just wants a surrogate mom to distract him from his miserable life with intimacy (how many times did he 'revert' back to his childhood?) Maternal deity as a stand-in? Makes sense to me. But this is lewd stuff. Like, Sora shows up finally because Senko wasn't directly satisfying him sexually. Though I think he was getting off on the tail stroking.

Big titty fox girl is obviously best fox girl though. Big titties, multiple tails...nobody would be able to beat her in softness and fluffiness. And she had no screentime wtf.

ED is super cute. But what is super aircon animation?
syncrogazerFeb 9, 2020 8:02 PM
Mar 11, 2020 4:26 AM

Apr 2014
Show kinda ran out of ideas quickly but I like the idea of Senko. 6/10. I want more from my wish fulfillment anime tbh
Mar 11, 2020 4:20 PM

Aug 2018
Would have been better the MC wasn't like a plank of wood, showed some gratitude once in a while, if they had not brought in pointless side characters and if the neighbor had reacted semi-appropriately to the strange situation next door...

But as it stands I give it a 6/10. Bye bye Senko.
Mar 25, 2020 9:00 AM
Mar 2020
I'am now sad that it has ended. Great for therapy though
May 5, 2020 3:55 AM

Aug 2011
I really liked the show - it was cute (in a lolicon-ish type of way).

Realistically, Nakano needs a wife. At some point, I thought they would try to pair him with the manga writer, but that didn't pan out. But, yeah - the dependency is clearly there, and not at all healthy for a grown man.

I still enjoyed it though, and 12 episodes was accurate for the content.
Aug 16, 2020 3:24 PM

Apr 2019
Please someone tell me how to rate it 11
I use and recommend MAL-Sync, a free, open-source tool that tracks progress on a large number of sites, delivers episode notifications, syncs across tracking websites, and adds extra information such as where to read/watch right on the MAL website. I also recommend Tachiyomi, another open-sourced software, which runs on most mobile devices, allows manga reading from a variety of sources, and tracks to various websites using their APIs
[url=https://myanimelist.net/animelist/catt0s&sclick=1]
Sep 22, 2020 12:40 AM
Jun 2020
Whats that darkness around him that senko can't remove
Dec 23, 2020 11:35 AM
Nov 2015
mfw no drunk loli fox gf
Jan 15, 2021 11:32 PM

Jul 2019
I realize japanese people isn't so great with the whole being-physical-thingy, but it bothered me that they never hugged. Sure, they did a lot of intimate things together like bathing and sleeping in the same bed, but come on! No hugging!? (Am I making too big of a deal out of it? Dunno, I just like hugging...)

Also, what about the JoJo fox?

Jan 30, 2021 12:58 AM
Dec 2020
It's a very wholesome show and made me happy, idk how but midway in episode 11 it did give me anxiety that senko will leave for good even though its a fan service show. I loved every bit of it 9/10 from me.
Jun 17, 2021 11:21 AM

Jun 2019
My 50th completed series chronologically.

For the record, I extended it a 7/10 rating.
Jul 2, 2021 2:12 PM

Jun 2010
Even for a slice of life this brought very little to the table. It was basically just wishfulfillment. Who doesn't want a cute convenient wife popping up in their life and pampering them to relief them from all the stress of work life?

And that's fine for a premise but it never really went beyond that. If it at least had done a bit more with its ensemble of characters, trying to build up a solid group of friends with banter and a bit of dynamic between them. But everyone besides Senko and the MC were pretty much underutilized. The same is true for his work place. We never really saw much of anything besides glimpes in how shitty it was. They could have built up the dynamic with his coworker and then it could have even been believable that he always helps him out because they are friends and maybe even do something outside of work (like drink or hang out).

And it kinda irks me that the MC never undergoes any kind of introspection and realisation that his life can't go on like that. That he has to change something. If it's searching a new job or going back to his parents or building up something outside of work (friengs, hobby, whatever). Which leads to the series lacking any kind of deeper or positive message. He remains stressed and fully depends on Senko to provide him with relaxation. Which is kind of pitiful and sad.
Aug 19, 2021 11:03 AM

Jun 2008
Memento Mori.‎‎‎‎‎

Oct 31, 2021 2:07 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
For some reason, Super Senko Time this time wasn't subbed from where I watched it, but it felt like they were saying something along the lines of 'thank you for watching", which is always nice to see.

Just some final thoughts on this anime, I was first introduced to it perhaps maybe over a year ago by one of Gigguk's videos, I think it was his waifu ranking video. Anyhow, he seemed to adore it so I added it to my plan to watch list, where it has been sitting ever since. Just randomly decided I wanted to watch something calm and laid back, and this was the anime on my ptw that fit the bill. And it didn't disappoint, it accomplished its goal. Yuru Camp was therapeutic via its ambiance, here well, Senko is basically performing physical therapy directly to our stressed out man nakano. And yes while it gets real sus at times, it still is relaxing to see. Just wish my boner would relax now.

Perhaps it was too much of me to expect more of an emotional punch from an anime of this nature. But it would have been a shock wouldn't it, and a pleasant one at that? Episode 11 hinted of something dramatic on the horizon, Senko leaving the apartment without any explanation, leaving the phone behind and thus not answering Nakano's calls. Turns out, she just went to cook some food for Shiro's fat ass. Sike! Nothing major. Although it does get real for a moment when Sora reminds her that pain will come with Senko choosing to stay by Nakano's side. She will live for millennia, but he won't. She'll experience the same pain she did with his ancestor long ago. But Sora was just testing her resolve, and Senko's resolve to pay back the goodness bestowed on her by Nakano's ancestor is strong. It's a heart felt moment, but sad when you think about the long run. At least here we got some of the emotion I was hoping for.

Also wanted to see Nakano perhaps quit his job, because from what we saw, it sucks. What he would do after I don't know, but I would've like to just see him be rid of that place. Also kind of wanted to see the black clouds, or stress, be rid of him completely, since Sora keeps remarking that Senko wasn't able to do so even after a year. Maybe it goes to show that it's just impossible to really rid all the pain and worry from one's life, but come on I'd still would have liked to see it. Would've made for a top 10 satisfying moment in anime. But no it's kind of disregarded after that.

For the more serious stuff, I was actually kind of hoping they'd really mess with us and have Senko actually leave for good. Whatever the reason, perhaps Sora genuinely wanting to spare Senko the pain of losing him, it would make Nakano learn to deal with her sudden absence and finally be a man and get his life back together on his own, or perhaps sink into a bottomless pit of despair. Either way, it'd make for a heavy-hitting moment. But yeah I know, it wouldn't make sense to give the viewer such pain in what is meant to be a relaxing anime. And perhaps it's not in Senko's character to ever abandon him, with the resolve she has shown to always look after him. Still, my slightly-masochistic self was sort of hoping to get a bit messed up.

I'm glad they did leave us with more of an emotional moment at the end of this series though, rather than just randomly leaving us with the odd episode in which an episodic series might normally do. But no, they do indeed end with a heartfelt moment, which is Senko promising to always be there for Nakano. Maybe I was expecting a few more punches to the gut, but come to think of it, I don't know how they'd make it more emotional without going into sad territory. So I think what we got was the best they could have offer.

This anime gave us relaxing vibes, and a waifu which Gigguk placed in the s-tier class I believe, which is well deserved indeed. Didn't check if there's more source material to go off of, but if they make another season of this, I'll put it on the list in a heartbeat.

6/10
BetaMaleUltraOct 31, 2021 2:41 PM

NYANPASU
5700XT

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sewayaki Kitsune no Senko-san Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 8, 2019

176 by dspr »»
May 4, 5:47 PM

Poll: » Sewayaki Kitsune no Senko-san Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2019

44 by nanajp »»
Dec 16, 2023 6:49 PM

Poll: » Sewayaki Kitsune no Senko-san Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2019

45 by nanajp »»
Dec 16, 2023 6:49 PM

Poll: » Sewayaki Kitsune no Senko-san Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2019

36 by nanajp »»
Dec 16, 2023 6:48 PM

Poll: » Sewayaki Kitsune no Senko-san Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - May 29, 2019

45 by nanajp »»
Dec 16, 2023 6:48 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.