Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Jun 28, 2019 8:48 AM

Apr 2018
Well the animation in this episode was kinda better, better than the episodes before it. It could still be done better tho. How did Garou's hair become orange lmao
Jun 28, 2019 3:17 PM

Jun 2008
Completely butchered fight scenes because of ugly animations, still a pretty good episode though. Would have been in top 10 for sure if it was done by Madhouse.
Jun 28, 2019 8:07 PM

Aug 2018
It was an okay episode. You just gotta feel bad for Genos though. He gets these awesome upgrades and still can't take out a villian who was about to faint from exhaustion mere seconds before he showed up.
Jun 29, 2019 1:32 AM
Sep 2015
[quote=Spiryts message=57865818]
Kid_Dynamo said:

I'm very aware of that, but still, for me he and his motivations are still the worst so far in OPM, just when I thought that no one will beat amai kame, garou step in on stage.

I won't really go as far as tagging his motivation as the "worst", it's more like unique in a sense that it turns the mainstream hero-worship ideal upside down. Nonetheless it will be revealed later on (with the help of Saitama) that he has a misguided concept and actually wanted to become a hero all along but that far down the webcomic that the manga has yet touched it much less the anime.
Jun 29, 2019 1:41 AM
Sep 2015
Spiryts said:
Adnash93 said:

I don't think Garou is Gary Stu type of a character in general, though yes, I agree that if we look at episode 11 alone then we can have an impression of Garou wearing the famous "plot armor" and being suddenly overpowered way more than he even way in earlier episodes.

It happens in many animes, though. It could be worse. Anyway, despite episode 11, Garou is not Gary Stu. I hope he won't become one in general in the future, like in Season 3.

I didn't read web manga, just check what people "spoiler" and wiki, because after all that with garou, I was like "phi, whatever" and... it's the end station for me, just one more ep, and I'm done with this series.

Well the very concept of Saitama is a parody of the Gary Stu type heroes. lol.

Garou more or less is walking the same path Saitama took to gain his power (with a twisted motivation of course) by pushing themselves to the absolute limit and then breaking those limitations.

Not really a new concept if you ask me. One of the earliest and most recognizable concept of this was with Dragon Ball with the Saiyan's keep overpowering up each time they come close to dying from battle.
Jun 29, 2019 3:13 AM

Feb 2008
Kid_Dynamo said:

Well the very concept of Saitama is a parody of the Gary Stu type heroes. lol.

Garou more or less is walking the same path Saitama took to gain his power (with a twisted motivation of course) by pushing themselves to the absolute limit and then breaking those limitations.

Not really a new concept if you ask me. One of the earliest and most recognizable concept of this was with Dragon Ball with the Saiyan's keep overpowering up each time they come close to dying from battle.

Well, that pretty much why I don't go near anything similar to db, I didn't have a feeling, a "condemnation" of meh chara, until he showed up, if he die at the end of this arc or something, then maybe I would stick a little longer, but if you say that he will live, guess that it for me.
Jun 29, 2019 4:32 AM

Jun 2012
This was better than expected, still they missed things. Him egging Stinger scene, I guess nobody understood what happened there, leading him to defeat Smile Man. Flow Fist effects are garbage... as I thought they used different colors for different users lol, it's not a super power there shouldn't even be there such effect while fighting.
Garou vs Genos was the best adapted part.
Jun 29, 2019 9:42 AM

Sep 2017
This was definitely the best episode of the season. A lot of hype moments reminding me what I felt during the first season. It obviously still doesn't compare, but it didn't look bad at all. I'm pretty hype to see Bang beat the shit out of Garou, but at the same time I wouldn't hate it if Saitama shows up and shows Garou just how weak he really is.
Jun 29, 2019 9:49 AM

Jun 2013
garou is certainly a great villain and frankly he and the whole show deserved better production
still overall this season is not as bad as some people are making it out to be
Jun 29, 2019 9:50 AM

Jun 2013
Snaita said:
This was better than expected, still they missed things. Him egging Stinger scene, I guess nobody understood what happened there, leading him to defeat Smile Man. Flow Fist effects are garbage... as I thought they used different colors for different users lol, it's not a super power there shouldn't even be there such effect while fighting.
Garou vs Genos was the best adapted part.

true that scene was very confusing
Jun 29, 2019 11:30 AM

Feb 2015
Things are finally improving, too bad it's nearing the end. I hope the final episode is at least on par with this one.
Jun 30, 2019 1:18 AM

Jul 2009
Garou is a beast!

And wow, Not gonna lie. This season really ended so quickly. Then again, they are already almost caught up with the manga which is already behind the web version.

I still hope for season 3 in 2-3 years. Just hope Murata will reach "that" battle with Garou and everyone :)
Jun 30, 2019 9:01 AM
Feb 2016
Holy shit this was actually good for once and not a disappointment. Why couldn't it have been like this the entire season?
Jun 30, 2019 10:16 AM

Mar 2013
Well I guess we know where the budget for this season went. Good to see it's ending strongly.
Slice of Life Anime about the everyday life of a German Philosopher: Nietzschijou.
Jun 30, 2019 10:53 AM

May 2015
Garo went Super Sayian God! NICE!
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jun 30, 2019 7:41 PM

Nov 2017
Every moment I think of what it would be like with good animation and direction. The pacing is bad going into last episode. They sure stuffed things in randomly.

It will end next week and I'll be like, meh.
Jul 1, 2019 10:05 PM

Aug 2017
Finally, an episode with good animation. Sadly, it's too late.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jul 2, 2019 2:25 PM

Apr 2012
Oh my, that Garou fight, Garou is such a cray character.
Jul 2, 2019 8:05 PM

Jul 2016
Holy crap that was a fun, action packed episode. I was getting confused why the show was trying to portray Garou as a sympathetic character, but all protagonists in life have some shit upbringing you can slightly empathize with.

What sucks is one more episode is left?!? I've not done much research on how the production of anime works when it comes to hiring artists, leasing out production companies, etc.. but didn't One Punch Man make dumpster trucks of money in Japan with the success of the first season in 2015 and especially the manga? I would think there would not be issues with production limitations, but it looks like there is. I know anime artists get paid nothing, but isn't the show enough of a success to subside that? I know I am making this sound too easy, so someone more knowledgeable can fill me in on how it works :).
Jul 2, 2019 8:05 PM

Jun 2013
*snaps fingers* I got it. Bang's brother is Master Pakku.
Jul 2, 2019 9:03 PM
Jan 2019
Got damn! What an epic episode! Honestly, I think it's one of the best this season. +10/10
I screamed of emotion in almost the entire episode.
Garou is incredibly resilient, strong and tenacious, as well as learning the techniques of other heroes and fighters in a quick way (as with the WhatchDog Man technique). He has an inhuman fighting ability, in a nutshell, he's a monster ... he's shown it in this episode. But he also showed that he is not a bad man by protecting the child from the guide of heroes, he only has ideals very different from the rest. I think he's one of the best villains I've seen, enough to hate him and admire him.

Scenes where I shouted like crazy 😅:
1. The appearance of Genos. Wow! Without a doubt, a worthy disciple of Saitama. Although it is not the intention of Saitama to teach 😅, Genos has learned the best from him and demonstrated it with his words "Today I am stronger than yesterday" "... train the spirit to be a good hero", and also his admiration " There is a hero that no monster can beat "(Those words caught Garou's attention). And the new improvements you have now, are Incredible!, You will not have to worry about losing an arm or a leg xD. Totally great!
2. The arrival of Silver Fang. Heavens! Now yes, this went on! The fight of the master against whom he was once his precious disciple. Will the phrase "the apprentice overcome the master" or Silver Fang confirm his position? I am very excited! Also for the progress of the next episode. Will Saitama go into action? 😁 I can not wait!.

PS: Just to confirm ... Garou dyed his hair red with his blood, right? About the eye, I think a vein burst 😅.

"It's better to keep going than to let frustration hold you back" -Saitama- 👏
Jul 3, 2019 11:45 AM
Mar 2019
Death Gattling's motives for wanting to take down Garou were interesting and unexpected as a non-manga reader. It seems Fubuki isn't the only one cheesed about being outshined by S-Class heroes

I guess J.C put all their budget into last week's episode because the animation quality took another plunge into mediocrity this week. Too many long takes on impact frames, would have been cool to see Garou's multiple fights animated to the same pedigree as last week

Farabeuf said:
As a manga reader, I knew I wasn't going to be crazy about this episode since it can basically be called The Adventures of Garou. I dislike loud, one track mind characters like him.

I don't think I'd call Garou a one-track mind character. I actually felt really bad that the little brat became so afraid of Garou, and I think Garou did too.

Garou vs Bang next episode!
KidLeafJul 3, 2019 11:50 AM
Jul 3, 2019 11:44 PM

Mar 2009
Sure wish the whole season followed Garou. But nah, we needed that stupid tournament.
Jul 4, 2019 11:34 PM

Apr 2011
Definitely, one of the best episodes of the 2nd seasons. They want all out on this one.
Jul 5, 2019 2:51 AM

May 2016
I really liked the quality of this episode! There were still some kinks but the positives outweighed the negatives a lot more here this time. I more or less felt the same "feels-bad" impact when kid he tried so hard to save ran off terrified from him here compared to the manga but the use of the flashbacks from his childhood, especially the one that played before he fought Bang definitely made me sympathize with him more the second time around.

Saitama rescuing Glasses from that robot was epic and this was by far Genos' best-looking fight in the second season. If it maintained this level of quality throughout all 12 episodes rather than have it as a 70(mediocre/bad)/30(actually pretty good) distribution, it would've been scored a lot higher. A lot of the sound effects are still on par with Berserk 2016 too lmao

Jul 12, 2019 5:33 AM

Mar 2015
Was really looking forward to Garo getting what he deserves, guess we'll really see him dealt with by Saitama himself..
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jul 12, 2019 7:56 PM
Jul 2014
I actually feel bad for Garou :( can't he just rest for a minute without getting bombarded
Jul 13, 2019 10:16 PM

Jul 2013
Dude Garou is straight up from JoJo lol asspulls everywhere man. But whatever it's entertaining as hell!
Jul 14, 2019 7:03 PM

Jul 2013
Definitely an improvement the last episodes. Fight were good. But damn Garou is such a though guy. He shouldn't even be able to walk. I mean sure these heros were all just A-Class but even then + the fact the he was able to fight Genos.

But I guess now is the time where he will go down for sure against Ban. The most interesting part is, what's wrong with his air and his eye? Both got red. I hope he isn't an SS God :D

Poor Saitama. Got completely rekt by King. 81 -0 haha.

Just one more episode. I guess we won't see the heros vs. the monster association. Maybe in another season if it will happen.

Jul 28, 2019 2:05 AM

Dec 2018
Death Gatling had plenty of opportunities to launch a surprise attack, yet he keep give away his himself before attacking.

Garou still had a long stair ahead to go. I'd say though, Genos would be so rekted when Garou in his top form.

Saitama trying to become the ultimate hero while Garou trying to become the ultimate monster. I can see the battle coming from miles away.
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Jul 31, 2019 3:24 AM

Nov 2012
The fight was pretty unfair on Garo's part. The fight scenes are really great but I felt it was very unfair on his part but it did proved how strong he actually is.
Jul 31, 2019 7:52 AM

Aug 2018
That was very enjoyable episode, i love Garou due to he doesn't injure that Hero Dictionary Child. And I wonder what he gonna do against Fang.
Sep 7, 2019 11:20 AM

Jul 2015

Damn Garo got some monster stamina there, fighting those A-class heroes, Genos and Bang while wounded
If not for the fact Saitama defeated him twice with just one tap each time, he could have a lose streak of 0 fights since starting the hero hunter thing

Sep 23, 2019 11:46 AM

Sep 2019
After watching this episode garou is my second most favorite character after saitama. My thoughts are sama as him why always heroes win? 5 heros ve 1 monster is it really fair. Why not change our prospective a bit that is what garou did he wanted to become a monster because he admired them he wanted to make things fair and square ones for all.

My final score for season 2: 8/10. I've enjoyed every second of it.
Jan 4, 2020 9:33 PM

Mar 2014
Gohan called Genos lol

Garou's sudden hair change though...
Jan 9, 2020 5:41 AM
Aug 2013
Daniel_Naumov said:
Biggest gripe right here with how Garou goes from almost unconscious to beating 8 heroes like nothing to almost unconscious to getting back into full prime. In a span of 15 minutes. Cool? Yes. Believable? They better have some trumps to pull next episode.
HoundIsntUnique said:
Anyone know why Garou's hair changed to red all of a sudden?

It's either some power he got (hence why he is still standing) or a symbolic representation of him "becoming" a monster or something.

I've been wondering... So, of course, i might be wrong.

For me, a human being cannot change into a Monster like this. I mean, a real Monster like Orochi & Co, because he needs to eat those stuff, right ? With what happened to him during his childhood, for me, that's a buzz kill. You cannot change into a Monster like that, that's my thought.Also, hope.
Jan 9, 2020 6:05 AM
Apr 2016
Folken-sama said:
Daniel_Naumov said:
Biggest gripe right here with how Garou goes from almost unconscious to beating 8 heroes like nothing to almost unconscious to getting back into full prime. In a span of 15 minutes. Cool? Yes. Believable? They better have some trumps to pull next episode.

It's either some power he got (hence why he is still standing) or a symbolic representation of him "becoming" a monster or something.

For me, a human being cannot change into a Monster like this. I mean, a real Monster like Orochi & Co, because he needs to eat those stuff, right ? With what happened to him during his childhood, for me, that's a buzz kill. You cannot change into a Monster like that, that's my thought.Also, hope.

We will just have to wait several years until they conclude Garou's story, then we can judge it as a waste of time or as a something decent.
Re:formed
Jan 10, 2020 9:30 AM
Aug 2013
Folken-sama said:
Daniel_Naumov said:

Ok, got the answer from Manga...
Feb 29, 2020 11:16 PM
Apr 2017
A lot of the content of this season could just be summed up as awful direction. The music especially, so much sad gloomy music that doesn't fit the tone of the show at all. The visuals likewise ruin the tone of many scenes. Most of the humor doesn't work like it did in S1. The difference in the two seasons is like a textbook example of the importance of good direction.

Dumpster fire as it is, I just keep watching. This monster association stuff...I want another season ASAP.
Apr 8, 2020 6:51 PM

Jan 2014
why the hell did garou turn ginger?!

i didn't like this ep either. the animation was better sure, but i feel like they're trying to get me to root for garou and it's... not working. i feel no sympathy for his character lol. why the heck was he obsessed with monsters as a kid it makes no sense to me?? like ofc i'd think a kid who routinely rooted for the villain was psychotic (unless they were doing it as a joke). sooo no i don't feel bad for garou getting "bullied" therefore i don't really want him to win in these fights?? so it's just painful to watch? that's just weak motivation/writing imo... maybe it will become clear in the future

also not sure how they're gonna wrap this up... i wonder if opm will get a s3 bc a lot will have to be left unresolved im guessing
Jul 24, 2020 8:18 AM

Apr 2009
Genos looks stronger and hasn't been trashed...yet. Is that Saitama-sensei worrying for Genos-kun? Do I detect a bit of anxiety from him with all that flashbacks?

Enter Bang and Bomb, do we get a Boom? LOL

You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Jan 4, 2021 9:06 AM

Feb 2019
... what ... who thought orange hair and an evil eye would make Garou look cooler? He looks so derpy now...
I am not a weeb, I simply enjoy 2D girls
Feb 3, 2021 10:27 AM

Oct 2020
Garou is really amazing. He really very strong. And also those heroes also have point. They were treated like nothing compared to S class heroes. I have seen them working more than S class. They better get some credit and appreciation.

However Garou had a good point for monsters. But also it is wrong. Garou must be taught why heroes are good. I thought he would understand once the kid leaves him in fear. Good thing Bang came. Garou has no chance agains Genos. Logically he is one of the best heroes. He was looking cool though.

Oh I was also wondering what happened to Sonic, haha!! The guy didn't showed up for long time.
Apr 27, 2021 2:31 AM

Apr 2013
Lots of action in this episode, those class A heroes really aren't very good teamplayers after all. Genos made a badass appearance and showed what he can do, but now the team "old geezers" takes on Garou. Final episode better has some Saitama action.
Aug 26, 2023 8:30 PM
May 2023
WHY WAS IT SO SAD WHEN THE KID LEFT GAROUU??? the fights looked so freaking good but I really really hope Garou lives and gets stronger because I really want him to fight Satima...mann does Garou ever get a break;//
Oct 14, 2023 11:46 AM

Mar 2012
Yea I figured he was gonna beat the A Class heroes somehow lol. Shame Stinger didn't even get to put up a good fight, thought he'd improve a bit after getting wrecked by the Sea King.

I get what these A Class heroes are upset about, even if they aren't S Class they can still be great heroes (like Mumen Rider or Saitama haha), but it was very irresponsible to not bring at least one S class hero with them. The hero hunter is a big threat so it's not the best time to be pissy about the rankings. Good thing the glasses guy called for backup.
Nov 22, 2023 8:58 PM

Jul 2021
Garou vs the a class heros and Genos was cool. It's nice to see bang. (were is tatsumaki)

Dec 10, 2023 3:33 AM

Nov 2023
Damn Garou is overpowered
Dec 30, 2023 6:24 AM

Jan 2023
14:22 - "If you win, i will sit on your face"
Jan 2, 3:44 PM
Apr 2018
That moment when you want Garou to win. I liked this episode. It only took all season for some good episodes to hit.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2019

582 by FarCritical »»
Today, 12:07 AM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 2, 2019

390 by Gooliver »»
May 5, 2:48 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

xShinigami3125 - May 7, 2019

244 by scorpioniclibra »»
Mar 14, 3:26 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

xShinigami3125 - Apr 23, 2019

367 by Dr_tardo »»
Feb 21, 6:24 PM

» Bro deadass nearly died

Mei-o_Scarlett - Jan 17

3 by Mei-o_Scarlett »»
Jan 17, 3:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.