Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jun 24, 2019 5:22 AM
Aug 2014
In spite of being a volume to fill content, I did enjoy the stories presented. The ghost story was the most interesting and struck out to me the most. It really depicted Oreki's growth as a character because of the contrast in his actions taken during the onsen trip. If it was the old Oreki, he would be lazing around the entire time and he also would not admit to enjoying more actions that he has to indulge in.

The narrative was interesting. I really enjoyed the sudden twist in the first chapter where Satoshi and Oreki naturally flowed the conversation astray toward another mystery and manipulated Chitanda's personality. From the anime, the Valentine's, festival and "doll" episodes remain clear to me. I enjoyed the minor details presented in the novels to give more insight. Chintanda's and Oreki's final conversation in the volume was osentibly more detailed here.

On the flip side, the anime cleared a certain matter on the Valentine's episode and experiencing Chitanda dressed up had more of an impact on me in the anime. Overall a solid volume despite being a filler!
Aug 10, 2021 9:50 PM

Nov 2019
GiantQAACSleier said:
In spite of being a volume to fill content, I did enjoy the stories presented. The ghost story was the most interesting and struck out to me the most. It really depicted Oreki's growth as a character because of the contrast in his actions taken during the onsen trip. If it was the old Oreki, he would be lazing around the entire time and he also would not admit to enjoying more actions that he has to indulge in.

The narrative was interesting. I really enjoyed the sudden twist in the first chapter where Satoshi and Oreki naturally flowed the conversation astray toward another mystery and manipulated Chitanda's personality. From the anime, the Valentine's, festival and "doll" episodes remain clear to me. I enjoyed the minor details presented in the novels to give more insight. Chintanda's and Oreki's final conversation in the volume was osentibly more detailed here.

On the flip side, the anime cleared a certain matter on the Valentine's episode and experiencing Chitanda dressed up had more of an impact on me in the anime. Overall a solid volume despite being a filler!

I have to disagree. They are the fragmentary, progressive reflection of Oreki Houtarou after speding a year within the Classics Club. Also, the 21th episode missed what is the greatest of the story, and 7th is by far the best with the answer at the end.

The Case of The Handmade Chocolate is the finest, despite the fact that The Doll that Took a Detour deserves it spot as the leading theme. The case is the summary of what had happened so far, and the thing came afterwards is just something natural.
SgtBateManAug 10, 2021 9:54 PM
Help! I need somebody. Help! Not just anybody. Help! You know I need someone. Helpppppp!

Sep 15, 2022 4:26 AM

Aug 2020
SgtBateMan said:
GiantQAACSleier said:

I have to disagree. They are the fragmentary, progressive reflection of Oreki Houtarou after speding a year within the Classics Club. Also, the 21th episode missed what is the greatest of the story, and 7th is by far the best with the answer at the end.

The Case of The Handmade Chocolate is the finest, despite the fact that The Doll that Took a Detour deserves it spot as the leading theme. The case is the summary of what had happened so far, and the thing came afterwards is just something natural.

Agree. We have a full 180 degrees from Oreki's previous persona. He decided to tell about the bridge incident, which is an action he doesn't even understand at first sight. The hand-made chocolate case provided some background on Fukube's feelings, which were unclear until that very moment.

Interesting that the last scene in ep 22 is more poetic, artistically speaking. The sakuras and walking through fields is anime-only, but I like the approach Takemoto chose. The adaptation had some experimental moments, which enhanced the experience.

More topics from this board

» Koten-bu Series Volume 7 has been confirmed! ( 1 2 )

GiantQAACSleier - Jun 25, 2019

70 by vivinjazz »»
May 16, 9:34 PM

» From what novel should i start reading?

Tabris0 - Oct 25, 2020

3 by blinddig »»
Jan 5, 2023 2:59 AM

» Where to find English translations

Ashwin_Kaushik - Jun 26, 2022

2 by Ashwin_Kaushik »»
Jun 26, 2022 6:27 AM

Poll: » Koten-bu Series Volume 6 Discussion

GiantQAACSleier - Jun 25, 2019

4 by sonu711 »»
Jun 2, 2022 10:11 AM

Poll: » Koten-bu Series Volume 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2014

6 by sonu711 »»
May 1, 2022 1:37 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.