Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jun 20, 2019 9:28 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The final episode of this bizarre journey! We got the main objective finally coming to a close with everything that came together.

Definitely felt like another surreal episode with the trio of main characters facing their latest challenge together. It also goes back to show some of the events of the past. So in a way, I think it's also an interesting overview for the whole anime together. The song used in the finale still has the similar style of the other episodes.

What a wild ride this has been.
Jun 20, 2019 9:29 AM

Aug 2017
Mabu and Reo are back in the end yeaah.

I'm going to miss this show. AOTS for me. Underrated.

Heartbreaking anime mixed with decent comedy and interesting symbolism. 8/10 for the anime.
NurguburuJun 20, 2019 6:09 PM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jun 20, 2019 9:44 AM

Feb 2009
not a bad last episode, but felt like Enta's 'problem' didn't get resolved at all. also while it's nice to see Reo and Mabu back, their return felt like it was too easy.. Love the show but mixed feelings for the ending.
Jun 20, 2019 10:55 AM

Apr 2019
Went from Sarazanmai no Uta to Inazuma Eleven to some kind of prison school... What a wild ride... Look like Stand by Me might have been about Toi all this time (I was convinced it to be from Reo's POV, welp)

Looks like the bad endings from future leaks are all possible outcomes and struggles that the trio might have to deal with, but they still go forward to the future anyways. I like this kind of message that Ikuhara gave this time.

I wonder if Haruka's legs are somehow cured since he was seen sitting alone at a different spot with Nyantaro. Well, the Little Prince thing is still confusing a bit to me.

Jun 20, 2019 1:39 PM

Feb 2011
Wow this has been a MASSIVE waste of time, like thinking back I could have used that time watching something better... it's so agonizing. I feel like this anime is trying to pander to a VERY specific audience, like if you're a fan of Ikuhara's works then good for you, you probably enjoyed this, but going into it BLIND or as a casual anime viewer, you would probably drop this nonsensical trash within minutes.

Overall, very unenjoyable experience. I'll give it a 6/10 just because some subplots were handled decently and the staff from Lapin Track did a great job.
Jun 20, 2019 1:39 PM

Oct 2012
Keep your connections even if it hurts~~
I want to connect so Sarazanmai~~ ♥♥♥♥
It felt a bit rushed (both the last ep as this one), but I'm pretty glad with the outcome. Reo and Mabu were able to crown their daughter and lived happily ever after <3 I wish we got one more episode so things could've build up and get resolved in a better way, but I'm happy with what Ikuhara was able to give.

Now I'm off to wait 4 years for a new Ikuhara anime again... :') I hope he's able to get a 24 episode slot again. I love when he's able to tell his story the way the way he wants and at the passing he wants. Sarazanmai was amazing, but it could've been perfect with a little more screen time to develop some subplots.
Jun 20, 2019 1:49 PM
Jun 2016
This whole series was great, I was worried there at first they were going to do a complete reset and nothing mattered, but they some how pulled it off
Jun 20, 2019 1:52 PM

Aug 2014
Hatsuyuki said:
Wow this has been a MASSIVE waste of time, like thinking back I could have used that time watching something better... it's so agonizing. I feel like this anime is trying to pander to a VERY specific audience, like if you're a fan of Ikuhara's works then good for you, you probably enjoyed this, but going into it BLIND or as a casual anime viewer, you would probably drop this nonsensical trash within minutes.

Overall, very unenjoyable experience. I'll give it a 6/10 just because some subplots were handled decently and the staff from Lapin Track did a great job.

I never watched any anime from ikuhara and I loved every episode of Sarazanmai
Jun 20, 2019 1:56 PM

Jan 2016
I really enjoyed this anime, especially the first half or so. The ending however felt a bit rushed (well actually, quite a lot). I often found myself very confused about what was going on. In addition, I wish the deal with Enta's feelings for Kazuki and his jealousy towards Toi was explored a bit more, now it felt unresolved.
Despite all this, the anime was enjoyable to me.
Jun 20, 2019 1:57 PM

Jan 2018
I think the series could've benefited from another episode or two but overall this was still a great watch and definitely my AOTS.
Jun 20, 2019 1:58 PM
Sep 2018
What a fantastic ending to a great show! I definitely teared up ,_,

AotY for me. 10/10
Jun 20, 2019 1:59 PM
Aug 2011
I fucking loved the cops. Eat shit haters.
Jun 20, 2019 2:04 PM

May 2015
Pretty fun show. Some moments were really good but others not so much, which is why I'm giving it a 7/10.

Mabu and Reo were easily my favourite characters and I'm glad there's a spin-off manga about them. I'll definitely give it a read at some point.

♡ artist
サコ
Jun 20, 2019 2:05 PM

Jan 2018
The ending was a little confusing, but definitely a good show. 6.5/10.
Jun 20, 2019 2:07 PM
Jul 2013
MafiaPingu said:
I really enjoyed this anime, especially the first half or so. The ending however felt a bit rushed (well actually, quite a lot). I often found myself very confused about what was going on. In addition, I wish the deal with Enta's feelings for Kazuki and his jealousy towards Toi was explored a bit more, now it felt unresolved.

I dont think it was unresolved? Last ep Enta broke out from under the otter's influence and stated he wants his connection with Kazuki to stay the same. I feel like that was the end of that plot. And i believe his jealousy towards Toi was resolved too, he learnt about his past and empathized with Toi's feelings of not being able to say your true feelings and this is why he changed his mind and brought the dishes. At least this is how i undestood it.
Jun 20, 2019 2:08 PM

Aug 2015
It was awesome.
Also the final is not typical for the mahou shounen shoujo.

AotY for sure.
Jun 20, 2019 2:09 PM

Jan 2016
I honestly don't know how I feel about the episode. I enjoyed it, but there just seems to be so much left open and unresolved. A fair amount of them might be just because I'm dense as a brick sometimes, but still...

Regardless I'm just happy that the kappa trio got a relatively good ending (discounting the whole 3 years in jail thing for Tooi lmao).
Jun 20, 2019 2:14 PM

Jun 2015
Had expectations for a sad ending, but that felt good.
Satisfied on how it developed from a dish collectathon anime to some existential debate. 7/10
Jun 20, 2019 2:16 PM

Jan 2016
Mika-taicho said:
MafiaPingu said:

I dont think it was unresolved? Last ep Enta broke out from under the otter's influence and stated he wants his connection with Kazuki to stay the same. I feel like that was the end of that plot. And i believe his jealousy towards Toi was resolved too, he learnt about his past and empathized with Toi's feelings of not being able to say your true feelings and this is why he changed his mind and brought the dishes. At least this is how i undestood it.

Well yeah, that might be true too. It just seems weird to me, that Kazuki didn't even really react much to the revelation of that kiss, or the immense jealousy, but maybe it's just me. It is true that Enta did say how he wants the connection to stay the same etc., maybe I just wanted a bit more. Maybe I'm too greedy. shrug :/
Jun 20, 2019 2:20 PM

Apr 2015
The cops resurrection is a bit infuriating but overall my favorite anime of the season.

8 or 9/ 10
Jun 20, 2019 2:25 PM
Jul 2013
MafiaPingu said:
Mika-taicho said:

Well yeah, that might be true too. It just seems weird to me, that Kazuki didn't even really react much to the revelation of that kiss, or the immense jealousy, but maybe it's just me. It is true that Enta did say how he wants the connection to stay the same etc., maybe I just wanted a bit more. Maybe I'm too greedy. shrug :/

Nah i totally get you tho. I wish we were shown that kazuki actually cares abt enta lol it felt like he turned 180 after ep 8 (traumatic events, makes sense but still, i wish we were shown before that). But alas i can forgive this plot point i guess since ive always preferred to watch toi and enta's relationship.
Jun 20, 2019 2:51 PM
Mar 2015
The boys saved him at the end. Glad the cops are back. Only Otter did not make it,but he was just a concept
Jun 20, 2019 2:54 PM

Oct 2010
Nice ending. OVerall a fun show with a nice message
Jun 20, 2019 2:54 PM
Dec 2015
I loved this shit I will miss it. it was surprisingly well written? I haven’t seen much of ikuhara’s stuff, only a few episodes of utena, but I really like surreal stuff and I liked the themes and I liked that it allowed all of the characters to really be flawed. the animation was like really really nice & the voice acting at times was amazing? overall I really enjoyed this show :-)
Jun 20, 2019 3:03 PM

Sep 2018
When I started watching this show, I was really confused. But the more I watched, the more things started to come together, and that's what I think charmed me the most about this anime. It was an unique viewing experience & a wild ride!
PS. I can't believe everyone got a happy ending, I wasn't expecting that :O
Jun 20, 2019 3:10 PM

Jun 2010
9/10

It was a good show, I'm going to miss it.
I like the warnings that this is fiction show and is not based on anything real. XDD
Jun 20, 2019 3:31 PM

Nov 2018
I was expecting a tragic ending and, well, I was completely mistaken.
This was the first work of Ikuhara I had contact and I fell completely in love since the first episode; I do not enter the audience group that consumes BL, but I loved every bit of each connection (Reo and Mabu is the best couple of the year, fight me), I was a bit disappointed to see no more of the relationship Kazuki x Toi develop, but I realized that this is not the kind of connection that matters between the group, as Enta realized.
I like the sad endings more than the happy ones, but this is a clear exception.
if I can describe Sarazanmai in one word is:
"emotional"
if we look at the world in this proposed way, with all the forms of connections that bind us together, the emotive becomes "human" in a certain way.

❝見つめないで 悲しい方を
目を瞑って 口づけしよう
甘く溶けるメロディー❞

❝邪魔しないで
真夜中のパラダイス
息もせずに潜っていく
二人だけのダンス❞
Jun 20, 2019 3:38 PM
May 2019
I liked how it ended, I was more excited when Reo and Mabu appear, it was very UWUWUWU, the part where they help aaaa💕💕💕💕💕💕☺️☺️☺️😊😊😊

Changing the subject, have you noticed that the younger brother of kazuki appeared on television?
Jun 20, 2019 3:54 PM

Feb 2017
Pretty amazing that this ended in an almost complete happy ending for everyone(Toi still got to suffer the lost of his brother and his family restaurant), Sara true form is kinda scary and it seems Haruka ended up doing Sara's show but with a frog motif.
Jun 20, 2019 4:08 PM

Oct 2018
This anime killed me, spit on my grave, through my corpse into a cave full of spiders, and then brought me back and gave me flowers.

10/10

Don't worry about being lame now, you were always lame anyway!

Jun 20, 2019 4:13 PM

Sep 2011
Well. Seeing Toi going through his past while wanting to sever his connections to ultimately erase himself was hard. I'm glad Kazuki and Enta were there to prevent it from happening. Toi was just hurt and despairing, but he didn't really want to lose what they had. And I know it wasn't really out of nowhere, but Enta going from wanting Toi far away no matter what to trying to prevent him from erasing himself still felt a bit abrupt to me. It was only because Toi was there that Kazuki reached out to him in the first place though, so I guess he had good reason.

And it was interesting to watch that sequence with the possibilities in their futures, with the titles of the previous episodes and all. I'm pretty sure that in one of those Kazuki was rejecting Enta's feelings on that bridge. But despite this, and seeing Kazuki with a lesion, it was still nice to see the three of them playing together, though, as we saw, it wouldn't necessarily be a "good thing." I also kind of screamed, internally, with joy when Reo and Mabu appeared to illuminate their path to little Kazuki, I'm so glad they weren't really erased and are now together as they wanted. I guess I'm happy for Keppi too, he could accept his despair, and is now with Sara.

And the sequence with Toi in the reformatory, atoning for his crimes, was nice too. All in his life was "done", but he can now start anew with Kazuki and Enta by his side, and I'm so glad he didn't throw away everything by erasing himself like he wanted, if only for a moment. Well, it's over, but it was a funny, poignant, moving, and weird-at-first ride. I'm going to miss these dancing kappa boys and officers.
Jun 20, 2019 4:18 PM

Nov 2016
I almost shed a tear, despite happy ending ( well Toi still has lost a lot) and I'm honestly sad that this crazy journey has already come to an end.

I was a bit overwhelmed at times and had to rewatch many parts, but definitely interesting series.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 20, 2019 4:28 PM
Oct 2017
really fantastic stuff. should be added to the canon of "anime for people that don't like anime"
Jun 20, 2019 4:30 PM
Aug 2010
Police boiz!! Also, would totally shoot my past self with erasing gun
Jun 20, 2019 4:30 PM
May 2016
GOD DAMN

Way to ruin a decent series. Never thought I'd go from a 9 to a 5 within a single episode.
birdiverseJun 20, 2019 5:14 PM
Jun 20, 2019 4:34 PM
Mar 2018
I give this show a rare 10/10. A lot of people seem to feel that the finale was rushed and that a lot of things were left unexplained but I think I am more satisfied this way than if they had tied everything up in neat tiny bows. The final lesson was all about choices and for as long as people keep making choices, the future is fluid. I feel like I should just cheer the boys on no matter what happens. However, I am shipping Kazuki/Toi and I hope they get together sometime in the future. Fight!!!
Jun 20, 2019 4:37 PM
May 2016
Mohammadalmannai said:
The cops resurrection is a bit infuriating

Yeah I agree, that was completely self-indulgent imo. Killing off a character is a sacrifice for both the audience and the writer, but one that a good writer should commit to. You can't just randomly un-kill your character!! Their deaths marked the end of their character arc; the only thing their revival did was obliterate the significance of that arc. WTF X_X
birdiverseJun 20, 2019 4:43 PM
Jun 20, 2019 5:05 PM

Apr 2019
birdiverse said:
Mohammadalmannai said:

Yeah I agree, that was completely self-indulgent imo. Killing off a character is a sacrifice for both the audience and the writer, but one that a good writer should commit to. You can't just randomly un-kill your character!! Their deaths marked the end of their character arc; the only thing their revival did was obliterate the significance of that arc. WTF X_X

To continue his previous series of not having anything to do with "Bury your Gays" trope, the police cops were the only confirmed gay couple by the end, and the trio didn't seem to reach any romantic ending.

In Penguindrum, the one lesbian (and maybe bisexual) character got the happiest ending
In Yuri Kuma, Kureha and Ginko were together by the end, but whether they were killed or not was left up to interpretation.

That said.

So Stand by Me was all about Toi all this time. From 1-7, he still had the other two with him so there were 3 shadows.

Starting from 8-9, he picked his brother's side so that's left with 2 shadows (him and his brother.)

And episode 10 and after the prison scene, where he is out of the circle and only has a shadow of himself. The other two shadows came back when Kazuki and Enta reconnected with Toi.
Jun 20, 2019 5:11 PM
May 2016
ShadowMega said:
birdiverse said:

To continue his previous series of not having anything to do with "Bury your Gays" trope, the police cops were the only confirmed gay couple by the end, and the trio didn't seem to reach any romantic ending.

In Penguindrum, the one lesbian (and maybe bisexual) character got the happiest ending
In Yuri Kuma, Kureha and Ginko were together by the end, but whether they were killed or not was left up to interpretation.

A happy ending is not necessarily a good ending.
Jun 20, 2019 5:23 PM
Apr 2019
I'm crying. This series was the one I was anticipating the most every week. I'm gonna miss it. What a masterpiece! and totally bizarre since I didn't understand a lot of it.
Jun 20, 2019 5:50 PM
Nov 2011
A HAPPY ENDING?!
IN MY IKUHARAS!?
WHAT THE FRICK WAS THIS!?
I'M SO HAPPY!!!
NO ONE GOT RETCONNED OUT OF EXISTENCE AND EVERYBODY GOT A HAPPY ENDING
SARA GOT REUNITED WITH HER DADS, MABU AND REO GOT BACK FROM FORGOTTEN HELL AND I DIDN'T UNDERSTAND BATSHIT OF THIS SERIES.
I can't even say just like Ikuhara because, while this IS Ikuhara in his whole Ikuni-ness, this IS also not Ikuhara and I'm so torn but I'm so happy.
Waiting for another 50 years untill Ikuni gives us another anime.
nowi'llalwaysbebutthurtbecauseyoucOULDN'TDOTHESAMEFORKANBAANDSHOUMACOULDYOU
Jun 20, 2019 5:50 PM

Apr 2019
birdiverse said:

You may like it or not, but there's a reason since he and the staffs did not go back on their words of giving the two cops a somewhat satisfying ending. The kappas did not seem to blend back into the human society anyways, given that Sara has quit her Idol job.
Jun 20, 2019 5:52 PM
Nov 2011
birdiverse said:
Mohammadalmannai said:

Psst, remember that when you're forgotten, you're erased of existence.
They didn't die DIE DIE because Keppi still remembered them, that's how they managed to get back.
Jun 20, 2019 6:17 PM
May 2016
KirisameMaricha said:
birdiverse said:

Psst, remember that when you're forgotten, you're erased of existence.
They didn't die DIE DIE because Keppi still remembered them, that's how they managed to get back.
I guess that applies for Mabu, but Reo just died because Toi shot him lol. Now that I think about it, how they both turned into those “forgotten” tokens nevertheless is a major plot hole.
birdiverseJun 20, 2019 6:23 PM
Jun 20, 2019 6:20 PM

Feb 2014
Wrong in so many ways but right in the exact corner. Finally it comes to an end.
Btw that Keppi x Azuma was wew. XD
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Jun 20, 2019 6:21 PM
May 2016
ShadowMega said:
birdiverse said:

You may like it or not, but there's a reason since he and the staffs did not go back on their words of giving the two cops a somewhat satisfying ending. The kappas did not seem to blend back into the human society anyways, given that Sara has quit her Idol job.
Ikuhara just made this promise to please fans and, frankly, I think he sacrificed the integrity of the show because of it.
Jun 20, 2019 6:22 PM
Aug 2018
Really cool how it ended with the OP, kinda symbolizes 'new connections' (maybe, I dunno, Ikuhara is weird). Felt kinda rushed at the end with Enta's story not necessarily being resolved. Honestly this is Ikuhara having fun and you can definitely see the experimentation in the episodic stories compared to his usual 'long' stories.

Jun 20, 2019 6:29 PM

Apr 2019
WoodyJ said:
(...) I dunno, Ikuhara is weird (...) Honestly this is Ikuhara having fun and you can definitely see the experimentation in the episodic stories compared to his usual 'long' stories.
I usually like the stylistic device of mixing episodic structure with linear plot, see Tatami Galaxy or the Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. This is somewhere in the middle. That sort of story telling usually requires a re-watch, as the timing of looped parts work better in a fast, movie-esque binge than in a weekly interrupted long run. Goes straight to rewartch list for me ...

Jun 20, 2019 6:30 PM

Oct 2015
Liked their final Sarazanmai! The three year time skip was also great, Enta has really grown. Felt bad though Toi had to serve, but I guess it couldn't be helped since he did kill a person. Their reunion was heartwarming, I hope that future comes true. Keppi's true true form was really funny and beautiful at the same time.

I'll miss this show a lot and was the one of the series that kept the season going. Usually anime with girls get all the attention and nobody cares about young boys anime, that's really saddening. Boys don't get attention even reality, It's always about girls and let's protect the girls. I have a son and I want him to know his existence is important to the world too, all humans existence is important. We Shouldn't overlook young boys even in anime, I did enjoy this and I'm glad they did this. Mindless fun filled with a nice touch of drama! Not everything is about DAMN wAifus. If you didn't understand this anime, then TOO BAD FOR YOU!

8/10
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jun 20, 2019 6:42 PM

Oct 2017
Kougeru said:
Nice ending. OVerall a fun show with a nice message

^ I agree. I felt the ending was a little rushed, but overall it was a great show and I'm gonna miss it. The themes were nice too.

lihle808 said:

I'll miss this show a lot and was the one of the series that kept the season going.

^ I also agree! this and Dororo were my favorites this season. To me, this anime was more enjoyable to watch than AOT season 3 part 2. This show was deserved more popularity than it received because it had many fantastic qualities: well-developed characters, plot twists, awesome OP/ED songs, relatable themes, and the VAs for the characters sang various songs! I thought that was cool :)
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sarazanmai Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2019

316 by NoelleIsSleepy »»
Jun 3, 12:09 PM

Poll: » Sarazanmai Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 18, 2019

186 by thegoishady »»
Aug 7, 2023 7:02 AM

Poll: » Sarazanmai Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 6, 2019

70 by nifetiseBOY »»
Feb 11, 2023 5:02 AM

» Is this tagged as yaoi?

FragileGlass - May 6, 2019

12 by Teirayo »»
Feb 25, 2022 3:11 PM

Poll: » Sarazanmai Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 16, 2019

67 by smX89 »»
Feb 22, 2022 12:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.